|JAGUAR TO BUILD ICONIC XKSS - 'THE WORLD'S FIRST SUPERCAR'|
|◾Ultra-exclusive sports car to be hand-built by Jaguar Classic
◾All nine cars built to exact same specification as those made in 1957, replacing cars lost due to the Browns Lane fire
◾Jaguar originally made the XKSS as a road-going version of the Le Mans winning D-type
Jaguar is to build the stunning XKSS as an ultra-exclusive continuation model.
Nine new XKSS's - often referred to by experts as the world's first supercar - will be hand built by Jaguar Classic to the exact specification ...[Read more...]|
|RM Sotheby's to Shine Spotlight on Striking Pair of Italian Prototypes in Monterey|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for triumphant return to Monterey, California, August 14-15
• The pinnacle of collector car auctions, multi-day sale to lift gavel on approximately 150 blue-chip collector cars
• Early highlights include a pair of Italian-built prototypes: the first Maserati Ghibli Spyder, and the original U.S.-specification Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Prototype
• Additional early attractions include a 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopio'; a rare 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R...[Read more...]|
|H&H CLASSICS TO SELL TWO MULTI-MILLION FERRARIS IN GENEROUS LEGACY TO THE RNLI|
|◾H&H Classics to offer a 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB and 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 from the estate of the late Richard Colton, a pre-eminent British V12 Ferrari collector
◾Proceeds from the sale to benefit the Royal National Lifeboat Institution
◾1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB was the second steel, right-hand-drive car delivered – one of a pair of SWBs ordered by Col. Ronnie Hoare to launch Maranello Concessionaires
◾1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 is one of 27 UK cars, originally a Maranello Concessionaires demons...[Read more...]|
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma...[Read more...]|
|Pinehurst Concours Celebrating Two Car Anniversaries|
|VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (May 1, 2014) – The Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance will stage 119 rare and vintage cars in 12 classes Sunday-- from Brass Era autos more than 100 years old to noteworthy race cars -- and the second annual auto showcase will also celebrate two significant anniversaries.
Class 6 gracing the Pinehurst Resort fairways will honor the 50th anniversary of the Ford Mustang, while Class 7 pays tribute to the 40th anniversary of the Porsche Turbo.
The Ford Mustang debuted i...[Read more...]|
|RRDC VOTES IN 37 NEW MEMBERS FOR 2013|
| ||HILLIARD, Ohio (Nov. 7, 2013) - Thirty-seven race-car drivers and motorsports professionals have been voted into the Road Racing Drivers Club in 2013. The group includes 13 Regular Members from the open-wheel and sports-car racing ranks, 20 Associate Members and four Honorary Members. The current roster of RRDC members now numbers 440. Voting was held among all current RRDC members.
'This year's crop of new Regular Members truly represents the spirit of the RRDC, as each driver has de...[Read more...]|