|THE NEW PASSAT IS 'CAR OF THE YEAR 2015'|
|• Coveted honour as Europe's 'Car of the Year' goes to the eighth generation of the best-seller|
Wolfsburg/Geneva, 2 March 2015 – Europe's 'Car of the Year 2015' is a Volkswagen: the new Passat wins the prestigious award, which is presented every year by the international 'Car of the Year' jury. The winner was announced on the afternoon before the Geneva International Motor Show.
'We are extremely proud of this accolade,' explained Prof. Martin Winterkorn, CEO of Volkswagen Ak...[Read more...]
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF 2015 GOLF GTI MODELS, STARTING AT $24,395|
|The latest Golf GTI adds more standard equipment and exciting new optional features
◾Seventh-generation Golf GTI is bigger, lighter, faster, and more fuel-efficient
◾Price rises just $195 over previous-generation GTI, despite more standard equipment and an increase of 10 horsepower and 51 pound-feet of torque from new EA888 TSI® engine
◾Golf GTI Performance Package provides a great value at just $1495, includes electronically-controlled torque-sensing limited-slip differential
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS FEBRUARY 2014 SALES|
| ||February sales total 27,112 units
• Jetta Sedan delivered 10,597 units for the month
• Passat delivered 6,997 units for the month
• Tiguan delivered 2,019 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 16.8 percent of sales in February • Passat TDI sales were 1,696, representing 24.2 percent of sales of the vehicle
Herndon, VA (March 3, 2014) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 27,112 units delivered in February.
'February was an expec...[Read more...]|
|CHEVROLET'S ICONIC BOWTIE CELEBRATES 100TH ANNIVERSARY|
|DETROIT – Chevrolet's globally recognized bowtie celebrates its 100th anniversary this year with 25 product launches helping the symbol find new roads around the world despite an origin that is still uncertain.
In 1913, Chevrolet co-founder William C. Durant introduced the signature Chevy bowtie on the 1914 Chevrolet H-2 Royal Mail and the H-4 Baby Grand, centered at the front of both models.
Sixty million Chevrolets are on the roads worldwide today and the bowtie has adorned 215 million ...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE TURBO AND JETTA GLI RECEIVE POWER BOOST|
| ||- New EA888 Gen 3 engine, produced in Silao, Mexico, makes its U.S. debut
- Engine offers 10 hp increase over previous Gen 2 powerplant
- Beetle models have a manufacturer estimated fuel economy improvement of up to eight percent on the combined cycle
- Beetle R-Line® coupe will be priced from $30,135 with the six-speed manual transmission
Herndon, VA - The Volkswagen Beetle Turbo, Beetle Turbo Convertible, and the Jetta GLI receive a number of running changes to 2013 model year car...[Read more...]|