|MECUM IN HOUSTON APRIL 9-11 WITH 1,000 COLLECTOR CARS AT AUCTION|
|• Three Featured Collections Including 45 Cars from Houston's Charlie Thomas|
WALWORTH, Wis. – March 12, 2015 – Following the historic sale of the 1964 Ford GT40 Prototype for $7 million in 2014, Mecum Auctions returns to Houston's NRG Park April 9-11 with 1,000 American muscle cars, Corvettes, classics, hot rods, Resto Mods and more set to cross the auction block.
The auction will feature three private collections including 45 cars offered by Houston's Charlie Thomas, the...[Read more...]
|JOEY LOGANO COMPLETES FORD RACING SWEEP AT BRISOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY WITH IRWIN TOOLS NIGHT RACE WIN|
|Ford Finishing Order:
1st – Joey Logano
2nd – Brad Keselowski
6th – Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
7th – Carl Edwards
10th – Greg Biffle
18th – Michael McDowell
23rd – David Ragan
25th – David Gilliland
34th – Marcos Ambrose
41st – Aric Almirola
· Joey Logano's win is his fourth with Ford Racing and sixth of his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career.
· This marks the first time Ford Racing has swept a NASCAR Camping World Truck, NASCAR Nationwide, NASCAR Sprint...[Read more...]|
|Gooding & Company's 10th Anniversary Pebble Beach Auctions Realizes More Than $112 Million|
|28 New Auction Records Set at Two-Day Pebble Beach Auctions in 2013
Pebble Beach, Calif. (August 20, 2013) – Gooding & Company, official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance® and acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, realized more than $112 million at its Pebble Beach auctions over the weekend. During the two-day sale, Gooding & Company sold 116 of the 127 lots offered, for a 91% sale rate, with an average price per lot ...[Read more...]|
|Drivers Prepare For Busiest Segment Of Global Rallycross Season|
|Thursday's Global Rallycross race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway is the first of six American-based races on this year's schedule. But it's also the first of four races in the next five weeks, comprising the most action-packed section of the 2013 season.
After racing at New Hampshire, drivers will compete in the inaugural event at Bristol Motor Speedway on July 20, followed by X Games Los Angeles on August 4 and another first-time race at Atlanta Motor Speedway on August 10.
That means th...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America Readies for Highly Anticipated Spring Carlisle Collector Car Weekend|
|• Auctions America returns to Carlisle, Pennsylvania for its annual Spring Carlisle sale, April 25-26
• Two-day sale lifts the gavel on a diverse roster of approximately 300 quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include a rare 1959 Chevrolet Corvette 'Big-Brake' Fuel-Injected Roadster, a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS LS5 Convertible and a 1999 Bentley Azure Convertible
• Sale held during Carlisle Events' highly anticipated Spring Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral weekend, April 24...[Read more...]|