2004 SAFARI - RUGGED AND FAMILY FRIENDLY
Safari is a mid-size van that keeps up wîth customers' full-time agendas. GMC's Safari combines one of the highest standard horsepower ratings in its class wîth an impressive amount of passenger and cargo room.
With its comfortable eight-passenger roominess and ability to tow trailers weighing up to 5,400 pounds (2,452 kg), the 2004 GMC Safari passenger models are more than capable of handling diverse and demanding family needs. A powerful 190-horsepower (142-kw) Vortec 4300 V-6, all-wheel drive and new world-class brake system combine to provide standout performance and control.
Safari models are available wîth all-wheel drive and come standard wîth front driver and passenger air bags, child security sliding door and PASSLock theft-deterrent system.Value
Buyers have the added flexibility of being able to order options on an individual basis, rather than in equipment groups, to tailor vehicles to their personal requirements. Passenger Safari models continue to be available in base, SLE and SLT trim levels; the cargo van is available in base trim. All Safari models are powered by the Vortec 4300 4.3L V-6, mated to GM's efficient four-speed Hydra-Matic 4L60-E transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
All models feature large standard 16-inch wheels and tires. Base models have steel wheels. Aluminum wheels are now standard on all uplevel SLE and SLT models. Tires are P215/70R16 all-season steel belted radials.Enhanced safety features
Safari cabins, designed to meet Ú.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 201, provide smooth surfaces and energy-absorbing foam attached behind trim panels, moldings, the headliner and all other vital areas to protect occupants from potential head injuries.
A standard four-wheel ABS braking system featuring a four-wheel power disc, a highly responsive Hydroboost hydraulic assist power brake booster and GM's Dynamic Rear Proportioning provides quick, controlled stops and additional safety alerts. The brakes provide excellent pedal feel, including reduced pedal effort and travel and quieter operation and significantly longer pad life.Compared to earlier systems, the Safari brakes provide:
* Shorter stopping distances
* More stopping power for high deceleration stops
* A reduction in maximum pedal force and pedal travel during high deceleration stops and also during normal deceleration
* ABS software wîth ability to recognize a half-system failure, such as that caused by a leaking brake line; during half-system operation, the red BRAKE telltale is illuminated and the ABS module engaged in half-system operation. The ABS also provides sufficient wheel lock control to permit meeting stopping distance requirements of FMVSS 135.
* Highly audible warning chimes to alert drivers of a failure or malfunction in the braking system and the need for repair. Chimes are activated whenever the red BRAKE or amber ABS telltale is illuminated.
* More reserve power assist for braking under specific conditions; the system will continue to provide sufficient power assist to stop the van, if the engine stalls or is turned off.
Safari also protects its passengers and cargo wîth such features as standard driver and front-passenger air bags, child security sliding door, battery rundown protection and the PASSLock theft-deterrent system. A lockout provision also prevents the driver door from locking if the key is inadvertently left in the ignition.Source - GMC