|DAUGHTERY, JACKSON LAND NISSAN ITS 96TH AND 97TH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AT 51ST SCCA RUNOFFS AT LAGUNA SECA|
|• Podium sweep in GT3, six overall podiums net strong showing at annual classic|
David Daughtery may long be remembered for winning his eighth Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) National title at Laguna Seca this weekend, but it was a sportsmanlike act of kindness shown a first time competitor that won the veteran racer praise from fellow SCCA racers.
On Friday afternoon, Daughtery drove his yellow Nissan 370Z from pole position to an impressive win in the T3 category, briefly losing ...[Read more...]
|RESTORED 1970 BMW ALPINA 2002TI RETURNS TO THE TRACK AT 2014 ROLEX MONTEREY MOTORSPORT REUNION|
|On the heels of the launch of the BMW ALPINA 2015 B6 xDrive Gran Coupe to the US market, one of ALPINA's early cars will compete in the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – August 5, 2014 …Today BMW announced that it will run its newly restored 1970 BMW ALPINA 2002ti in the annual Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca next week. The car will be raced by Road & Track Executive Editor and vintage racer Sam Smith.
This racing 2002ti ...[Read more...]|
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...|
|LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci...[Read more...]|
|Sports and Racing Rarities Lead Early Highlights For RM's Two-Day Arizona Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix from January 16–17 to kick off its 2014 collector car season
• Expanded to two days in 2014, the well-established sale will celebrate its 15th year by lifting the gavel on approximately 120 handpicked motor cars
• Early highlights span the spectrum of the market, led by a superb trio of sports and racing Porsches
• Annual sale kicks off RM's 2014 international auction calendar, which includes the company's highly anticipate...[Read more...]|
|6 Takes Six|
|July 1, 2013 (IRVINE, Calif.) The scales have tipped. After seven races, the SpeedSource Mazda team has now delivered four-straight race wins. Mazda is now just one point behind Porsche for the 2013 Grand-Am GX Manufacturers Championship with five races remaining.
The Sunday race win was the longest distance race win to date for the all-new Mazda6, taking the GX class win at the Sahlen's Six Hours at Watkins Glen. Scoring the win was the #00 VISIT FLORIDA Racing Mazda6, driven by...[Read more...]|