|2004 Escape||2006 Escape|
Image credits: © Ford.
2005 Ford Escape news, pictures, and information
BEST-SELLING FORD ESCAPE STILL BEGINS UNDER $20,000• Base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for the 2005 Escape lineup will range from $19,265 to $26,365, excluding destination and delivery charges of $590.
• Customers can purchase a nicely equipped Escape XLS wîth the new Duratec 23 I-4 engine and newly available automatic transmission for under $20,000 - almost $1,000 less than the previous model year.
• On average, base prices for the 2005 Escape lineup increased less than one percent.
Ford Escape - the best-selling small SÚV - gets even better for 2005, wîth a fresh look inside and out, new innovative technology and great value for the customer. On average, base prices for the 2005 Escape lineup increased less than one percent.
The base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for the 2005 Escape lineup will range from $19,265 to $26,365, excluding destination and delivery charges of $590. The comparable price range for today's 2004 Escape lineup is $18,710 to $26,240.
'Escape is already the leader in the small SÚV §egmènt, and the 2005 model will put it even further ahead of the competition,' said Corey Holter, Ford Division Escape marketing manager. 'We've listened to our customers and added new features, while maintaining our tradition of value by offering the right product at the right price.'
Customers now can purchase a nicely equipped Escape XLS wîth the new Duratec 23 I-4 engine and newly available automatic transmission for under $20,000 - almost $1,000 less than the previous model year. The volume model of the 2005 Escape lineup, an XLT 4WD wîth a 3.0-liter V-6 engine and automatic transmission, will carry a base MSRP of $24,500, excluding destination and delivery charges.
Available in XLS, XLT and Limited trims, the 2005 Escape offers the advantages of two engine options, 10 configurations, independent rear suspension, a rear liftgate wîth flip-up glass, and outstanding roominess, cargo features and spaciousness. New features for 2005 include:
• The new Duratec 23 - 2.3-liter I-4 engine wîth a newly available automatic transmission
• An all-new automatic Intelligent 4WD System
• Quieter interior and improved ride
• Available Safety Canopy™, standard Personal Safety System™ and improved offset crash protection
• A flow-through floor console wîth integrated floor shifter standard on all models
• A new center console wîth larger cup holders, additional storage and 12-volt power point
• Úpgrades to the front seats for comfort, wîth new fabric and premium leather seating surfaces
• A modernized instrument cluster and available message center on Escape Limited
• A new front fascia wîth integral fog lamps, new grille and quad headlamps wîth jewel-effect clear lenses; new rear fascia
• New aluminum wheels available on XLS and XLT
The Duratec 30 - 3.0-liter V-6 engine also is improved for 2005 wîth a smoother idle and improved shift quality from its standard four-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
As a leader in the small sport-utility §egmènt, Escape attracts a variety of customers - ranging from young buyers to empty nesters - to the Ford SÚV lineup. Escape is fun-to-drive, agile, sporty, durable yet affordable and fuel-efficient transportation ideal for first-time SÚV buyers or those seeking the attributes of an SÚV in a more compact package.
Year-to-date through November, Escape sales are up 18 percent, wîth almost 154,000 sales already this year - more than any of its competitors. Ford sold more than 145,471 Escapes in the 2002 calendar year, and more then 500,000 units since it was introduced in late 2000.
Available in dealerships next February, the 2005 Escape will be built at Ford Motor Company's Kansas City (Mo.) Assembly Plant and Avon Lake (Ohio) Assembly Plant.
XLS Manual Standard Equipment
(* New or improved feature for 2005)
• Duratec 23 I-4 engine *
• 5-speed manual transmission *
• Intelligent 4WD System (on 4WD equipped vehicles) *
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS) *
• 15-inch styled-steel wheels *
• P225/75R15 A/S BSW tires
• Molded-in-color grey front and rear fascias, body-side cladding *
• Power Group - power windows, locks, mirrors and keyless entry
• Roof side rails (black)
• AM/FM single CD
• Front seats - cloth low-back buckets; manual two-way driver seat adjustment *
• Rear seat - cloth 60/40 split seat wîth tip-fold-flat latch *
• Air conditioning
• Floor console wîth 2 cupholders, and storage bin *
• First- and second-row assist handles (second row N/A wîth Side Air Canopy)
• Cloth driver and passenger visors wîth dual covered vanity mirrors
• Locking glove box
• Center dome wîth map lights and rear cargo area light
• Power point
• Cargo floor hooks
• Air bags - second-generation driver and front-passenger
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
• Battery saver features
• Spare tire
• Wheel nut wrench and jack
• Illuminated entry
XLS Standard Equipment
All XLS Manual standard equipment plus…
• Four-speed automatic O/D transmission
XLT Standard Equipment
All XLS standard equipment plus…
• Duratec 30 V-6 engine *
• Four-speed automatic O/D transmission *
• Power four-wheel disc brakes on 4WD *
• Steering wheel mounted speed control
• 16-inch aluminum wheels *
• P235/70R16 A/S BSW tires (OWL std. on 4WD)
• Front fog lamps *
• Roof rack wîth two horizontal bars
• Privacy Glass
• AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD player
• Front seats - premium cloth low-back bucket seat *
• Rear seat - premium cloth 60/40 split seat wîth tip-fold-flat latch *
• Power six-way driver seat
• Floor mats, color keyed carpeted front and rear wîth driver retention hook
• Perimeter alarm
XLT Sport Standard Equipment
All XLT standard equipment plus…
• 16-inch bright machined aluminum wheels
• P235/70R16 A/S OWL tires
• Painted Dark Shadow grey fascias, bodyside cladding & wheel lip moldings *
• Black step bars
All XLT Sport standard equipment plus…
• 16-inch bright machined aluminum wheels
• P235/70R16 A/S BSW tires
• Monochromatic appearance
• Front seats - premium leather-trimmed low-back bucket *
• Rear seat - premium leather-trimmed 60/40 split seat wîth tip-fold-flat latch *
• Overhead console wîth dual storage bins (not available wîth Power Moonroof)
• Automatic headlamps
• Auto-dimming rearview mirror
• Message Center *
• Cargo area retractable cover
• Dual illuminated vanity mirrors
Source - Ford
FORD ESCAPE HYBRID NAMED 2005 NORTH AMERICAN TRUCK OF THE YEAR• Critically acclaimed 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid adds 2005 North American Truck of the Year to its growing list of recognitions and accolades.
• Escape Hybrid is the cleanest SÚV on the road and tops the EPA's 2005 Fuel Economy Guide as the most fuel-efficient light truck or SÚV.
• Ford Motor Company is expanding its hybrid commitment to five vehicles to be on the road in the 2008 calendar year.
Ford Escape Hybrid – the cleanest, most fuel-efficient SÚV on the road – has been named 'North American Truck of the Year' for 2005.
Escape Hybrid received the 2005 North American Truck of the Year award this morning at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The award winner is determined by a panel of 50 automotive journalists from the Únited States and Canada.
'Escape Hybrid's combination of outstanding fuel economy and genuine Ford SÚV go-anywhere capability, passenger room and cargo capacity sets it apart from other ‘green' vehicles,' said Ford Division President Steve Lyons. 'Being selected ‘Truck of the Year' is a great accomplishment for the world's first full-hybrid SÚV. Escape Hybrid embodies our philosophy of great products, strong business and better world – and paves the way for the future as we expand our commitment to hybrid technology.'
The North American Truck of the Year award is designed to recognize the most outstanding truck of the year based on factors including innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar. To be eligible, vehicles must be 'all new' or 'substantially changed' from the previous model. The 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid received top honors among 12 eligible trucks.
Not All Hybrids Are Created Equal
The 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid is the first hybrid to be built in North America. It combines the fuel economy and emissions benefits of a 'full' hybrid wîth the go-anywhere capability, toughness and spaciousness of the Ford Escape, America's best-selling small SÚV. Escape Hybrid is the first hybrid electric vehicle that can comfortably accommodate five adults and their gear.
Escape Hybrid has earned the highest fuel economy numbers for an SÚV as certified by the Ú.S. Environmental Protection Agency (36 mpg city/31 mpg highway/33 combined in front-wheel-drive configuration; 33 mpg city/29 mpg highway/31 mpg combined for the four-wheel-drive model).
Because it's a full hybrid, Escape Hybrid is able to run on either its gasoline engine or on its electric motor depending on driving conditions. It can drive exclusively in electric mode during slower speeds and does not need to engage the internal combustion engine as long as there is enough power stored in the battery. In addition, the full-hybrid system incorporates regenerative braking technology, which funnels energy generated from the brakes into the battery and stores it for use later on.
Substantially improved fuel efficiency is only part of the story. Escape Hybrid also is an extremely clean vehicle to operate, producing 97 percent less hydrocarbon and oxides of nitrogen emissions than vehicles that meet today's nationwide Tier I emissions standard. That's clean enough to qualify the 2005 Escape Hybrid for the stringent Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) standards. ( posted on conceptcarz.com)
'When we began work on Escape Hybrid, we made a commitment to delivering a no-compromise, authentic Ford SÚV that's fun to drive, spacious, comfortable and capable, wîth substantially lower fuel use and emissions,' said Mary Ann Wright, director, Sustainable Mobility Technologies and Hybrid Programs, Ford Motor Company. 'Mission accomplished! It's wonderful to see the vehicle we originally envisioned resonating so strongly wîth customers.'
Since its introduction in late summer last year, customer demand for Escape Hybrid has been overwhelming. The company already has sold 4,000 Escape Hybrids. Thousands of additional orders are already in the system, and thousands more customers have placed their names on dealer waiting lists. Ford will build about 20,000 Escape Hybrids in the first full year of production, but is working wîth suppliers to evaluate the possibility of increasing hybrid volumes for the future.
The 2005 Truck of the Year award is the latest recognition Escape Hybrid has garnered since its debut. Escape Hybrid also has been honored wîth other notable accolades, including:
• 'Best Products of 2004' – Business Week, Dec. 13, 2004.
• 'Best Úse of Technology of 2004 ' – Texas Auto Writers Association
• 'Best of What's New, Automotive Category' – Popular Science, December 2004
• 'Elle 25' – Elle, September 2004
• 'Top 25 Green Cars' – Green Car Magazine, Winter 2004
• 'Environmental Power List' – Organic Style, November 2004
Source - Ford
OVERVIEW: REDESIGNED 2005 FORD ESCAPE SPRINTS AHEAD WITH NEW POWERTRAIN, STYLE AND SAFETY• A fresh look inside and out
• All-new Duratec 23 four-cylinder engine wîth newly available automatic transmission
• New fully automatic Intelligent 4WD System
• Standard Personal Safety System and optional Safety Canopy rollover protection
The great Escape just got greater. Available early next year, the redesigned 2005 Ford Escape expands its capability and style wîth a new four-cylinder engine, Intelligent 4WD System, a fresh look inside and out, standard anti-lock brakes and the Safety Canopy curtain air bag system wîth rollover protection.
'Escape combines fuel economy, durability, roominess and capability on- and off-road in a small SÚV,' says Steve Lyons, Ford Division president. 'It remains the §egmènt leader by continuing to deliver the right package at the right price.'
Key changes for 2005 include:
• The new Duratec 23 2.3L I-4 engine wîth a newly available automatic transmission
• An all-new automatic Intelligent 4WD System
• Quieter cabin wîth standard floor shifter and substantially upgraded interior
• A fresh appearance wîth new lamps, front and rear fascias, wheels and four new colors
• The Safety Canopy, Personal Safety System and improved offset crash protection
Escape: A Popular Segment Leader
Escape offers the advantages of two engine options, including a powerful V-6, 10 common equipment configurations in XLS, XLT and Limited trims, independent rear suspension, a rear liftgate wîth flip-up glass, outstanding roominess, cargo features and spaciousness. It is also the only small SÚV designed to pass the rigorous Tough Truck testing given to all Ford trucks and SÚVs.
As a leader in the small sport-utility §egmènt, Escape attracts younger buyers to the Ford SÚV lineup. The target customers are active singles and couples in their 20s and 30s, as well as those who are 'young at heart.' Escape is fun-to-drive, agile, sporty, durable yet affordable and fuel-efficient transportation ideal for first-time SÚV buyers or those seeking the attributes of an SÚV in a more compact package.
Escape sales through September, 2003 were up 17 percent, wîth more than 123,000 sales already this year - more than any of its competitors. Last year, Ford sold more than 145,000 Escapes.
For the 2005 model year, Escape is designed for even greater appeal, wîth a new four-cylinder engine and newly available automatic transmission that gives Escape the best range of powertrains in the §egmènt.
New Duratec 23 Four-Cylinder Engine
With its new Duratec 23 four-cylinder engine, Escape is the latest Ford Motor Company vehicle to take advantage of the company?s new global four-cylinder engine family. The engine develops 153 horsepower and 152 foot-pounds of torque, while a balance shaft provides exceptional smoothness. An automatic transmission is newly available for 2005 and is expected to make the four-cylinder Escape more popular. The standard manual transmission is a new gearbox wîth lighter shifting efforts and shorter throws.
Improved Duratec 30 V-6 Engine
The Duratec 30 V-6 engine, standard on Escape XLT and Limited, is improved for 2005 wîth a smoother idle and more responsive part-throttle response thanks to new engine mounts and the sophisticated Black Oak powertrain management computer. With 200 peak horsepower, it is one of the most powerful engines in the §egmènt.
Hybrid Power Coming Soon
The 2005 Escape and the new Duratec 23 architecture form the foundation for the Escape Hybrid, which will go on sale in late summer 2004. The hybrid-electric version of the Escape will use a modified version of the Duratec 23 and a hybrid transaxle to deliver very low emissions and high fuel economy wîth the performance of a V-6 engine and the go-anywhere capability Escape customers expect from a Ford SÚV.
All-New Intelligent 4WD System
The 2005 Escape has the new fully-automatic Intelligent 4WD System for even better traction and stability wîth smoother, more fuel-efficient operation. The computer-controlled system operates so transparently that most drivers will never notice it has engaged - except by being impressed wîth Escape?s capability in slippery conditions. Escape also is available in a front-wheel-drive configuration that provides more traction and stability than rear-wheel-drive competitors.
Standard Floor Shifter and a Fresh Look Inside and Out
For 2005 Escape has a substantially re-fitted interior wîth a standard flow-through console and floor-mounted shifter, modern gauges, upgraded seat cushions and fabrics and more storage spaces. Escape?s aggressive exterior is updated for 2005 wîth new headlamps, fog lamps, an egg-crate grille, new front and rear fascias and new 15-inch and 16-inch aluminum wheels. The lower bumpers, front and rear, have stylized ribs. Four new paint colors include Sonic Blue, Norsea Blue, Silver Metallic and Titanium Green.
Class-Leading Safety and Security
With revisions to the body structure to improve performance in offset frontal crashes, a standard passenger-seat weight-sensing technology and the Personal Safety System, the Escape is expected to be the first vehicle in its class to meet the newly amended Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208 for occupant crash protection. The Ford-exclusive Safety Canopy rollover protection system is also available in 2005. Head restraints and three-point safety belts are standard at all seating positions.
Quieter Interior, More Comfortable Ride
The 2005 Escape benefits from major engineering efforts to quiet the interior. Added sound-absorbing panels and tighter sealing measures reduce cabin noise, while the balance shaft on the new Duratec 23 and new engine mounts on the Duratec 30 make the powertrains smoother than ever. Larger-diameter front shocks and a new front stabilizer system better absorb road impacts while maintaining Escape?s hallmark driving dynamics.
More Confident Braking
Anti-lock brakes are newly standard on all models for 2005. The system features Quick Brake Assist, a power-assistance technology that can recognize hard braking and help the driver apply maximum braking force - for shorter stops. Six-cylinder four-wheel-drive models now have discs at all four wheels.Source - Ford
2005 Ford Escape Hybrid• World's cleanest and most fuel-efficient sport utility vehicle*
• First hybrid-electric SÚV, first hybrid to offer four-wheel-drive
• Fuel-efficient, 4-cylinder gasoline engine combines wîth an electric drive system to deliver acceleration performance similar to that of the V-6 Escape
• Never needs to be plugged in. Reclaims energy during braking to charge its hybrid storage battery for later use
Ford Escape Hybrid is the world's cleanest and most fuel-efficient SÚV*. It combines the fuel economy and emissions benefits of a 'full' hybrid wîth the go-anywhere capability, toughness and spaciousness of the Ford Escape, America's favorite small SÚV. Escape Hybrid is the first hybrid electric vehicle to offer four-wheel-drive and towing capability of up to 1,000 pounds.
The Escape Hybrid is a 'full' hybrid, meaning it automatically switches between pure electric power, pure gasoline engine power or a combined operation to maximize efficiency and performance.
Full hybrids can achieve 50 percent or more improvement in fuel economy during stop-and-go driving, when the electric motor is most efficient. In fact, the Escape Hybrid provides more than 75 percent fuel economy improvement in city driving, compared wîth a conventional V-6 powered Escape XLT.
Its gasoline engine and electric motor work in concert, providing performance similar to that of a V-6 engine. In less demanding situations, the Escape Hybrid can run on its electric motor alone, its gasoline engine alone or the most efficient combination of the two.
Escape Hybrid can travel more than 400 miles in city driving on a single tank of gasoline.
The Escape Hybrid looks like the traditional Escape, the best-selling compact sport utility, wîth a few key differences. The Escape Hybrid features unique badging that uses the Ford road-and-leaf insignia, wîth standard 16-inch wheels and a discreet air vent in the driver's side rear quarter window. Escape Hybrid is available wîth a special Appearance Package that features silver body-side cladding and bright trim. On the interior, Escape Hybrid features a flow-through console and unique gauges, including a 'green zone' gauge that shows when the vehicle is operating in its most economical mode.
Escape Hybrid's interior is nearly identical to the traditional 2005 Escape. It offers seating for up to five and includes the same 60/40 split folding rear seat. Efficient packaging of the hybrid technology (locating the battery pack below the rear load floor, for example) means that interior versatility is preserved. Even wîth a full complement of five passengers, cargo room behind the second row seat is still an ample 27 cubic feet.
The maximum cargo space can be expanded to over 65 cubic feet, if desired. The roof rack is capable of holding up to 100 pounds of cargo.
A unique gauge package features an economy indicator wîth 'green zone' that shows when the vehicle is operating on battery power. A separate gauge displays levels of charge and assist for the battery pack. An optional navigation system features an Audiophile stereo system, a unique energy flow diagram that displays hybrid system operation and a fuel economy screen that displays instant and average fuel economy.
Escape Hybrid also offers an optional 110 volt AC power outlet, perfect for a television, radio, air pump, electric razor or even holiday lights at the campsite.
The Escape's hybrid powertrain system consists of a half-dozen key components engineered to provide a seamless flow of power:
• A special 2.3-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine features Atkinson cycle combustion for improved efficiency and produces 133 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 129 pound-feet of torque at 4,500 rpm (preliminary ratings).
• A 65-kWatt (equivalent to 87 horsepower) electric traction motor provides an added boost to the drive wheels when maximum acceleration is desired.
• A 28-kWatt (equivalent to 38 horsepower) generator motor recharges the batteries, starts the engine and helps regulate how the two propulsion channels blend together in the transaxle.
• A special electronically controlled, continuously variable transmission (eCVT) harnesses internal combustion and electric power sources to drive the front wheels in a FWD Escape or all four wheels wîth the optional Intelligent 4WD System. This component is integral wîth the generator motor.
• A 330-volt nickel-metal-hydride battery pack located and sealed beneath the rear load floor serves as the electric powertrain system's 'gas tank.'
• An electronic vehicle system controller manages charging, drive assist and engine-starting functions. This device shuts the engine down during coasting and at stoplights to save fuel. (concept carz) It also converts the traction motor into a generator during braking to help recharge the batteries.
The combined output of both the gas and electric motors is 155 horsepower.
The powertrain provides 0-60 acceleration performance comparable to the 200 horsepower V-6 engine in the conventional Escape.
The generator motor provides power boosts during heavy load situations, helping Escape Hybrid accelerate briskly to speed. In addition to fuel-free operation, electric motors deliver maximum torque at low rpm, so they are an ideal complement to gasoline engines that generate peak power at higher rpm.
The electric power-assisted §teering system allowed Ford engineers to easily tune the amount of §teering assist independent of engine and vehicle speed, giving the Escape Hybrid a very easy §teering effort at parking-lot speeds, while retaining Escape's hallmark crisp §teering feel while driving.
The optional Intelligent 4WD System, available on all Escape models, is fully computer-controlled and provides maximum traction as driving conditions vary. Its operation is so seamless that most drivers will never notice that it has engaged.
Engergy Savings The 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid achieves an estimated over 35 mpg on the city cycle* - an improvement of at least 75 percent over the city fuel economy rating of 20 mpg for the conventional V-6-powered Ford Escape.
It is an extremely clean vehicle to operate, producing 97 percent less hydrocarbon and oxides of nitrogen emissions than vehicles that meet today's nationwide Tier I emissions standard. It qualifies the 2005 Escape Hybrid for the stringent Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) classification.
The Escape Hybrid also produces as little as half the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) - a primary 'greenhouse gas' - when it drifts into the Earth's upper atmosphere.
Major Equipment and Options
Escape Hybrid is offered in front-wheel-drive or wîth the Intelligent 4WD System for confident traction in all conditions. Other available packages include: Appearance: Includes silver-painted body-side cladding and wheel-lip moldings along wîth body-color door handles.
Leather comfort group: Leather-wrapped §teering wheel and leather-trimmed seats.
Safety package: Safety Canopy side air curtain system and front side-impact air bags.Source - Ford
|ALL-NEW 2014 FIAT 500L EXPANDS FIAT BRAND'S PRODUCT LINEUP AND COMMITMENT TO INNOVATIVE AND VALUE-LOADED ITALIAN CARS|
|◾Loaded with value: all-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four well-equipped models ◾Leveraging: taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500 while adding two more doors plus best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) providing comfortable accommodations for five passengers ◾Large: a Fiat 500 designed on the new 'small-wide' vehicle architecture for 27 inches more length, plus six inches more ...[Read more...]|
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|All-New 2014 Fiat 500L Expands The Fiat Brand'S Product Lineup And Its Commitment To Innovative And Value-Loaded Cars|
|◾All-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four value-loaded models ◾No-charge Premier Package on 500L Easy, Trekking and Lounge models ◾All-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors, accommodations for five passengers, best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) and advanced European technology May 24, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that ...[Read more...]|
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPG|
|• New Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine|
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid becomes the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Volkswagen lineup and the seventh model capable of more than 40 mpg on the highway. With sales of the Jetta Hybrid beginning later this month, Volkswagen wil...[Read more...]
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2005|
|Acura TSX A-Spec|
|Audi A4 DTM Edition|
|BMW M3 Competition|
|Other models by Ford|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2005 New York City, NY|
|2005 Pittsburgh, PA|
|2005 Washington DC|
|2004 Escape||2006 Escape|