|TWO OF THE ORIGINAL SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG PROTOTYPES TO MEET UP IN TULSA, OKLAHOMA|
|More than three decades after taping a full-page ad ripped from a 1965 car magazine above his bunk on an Alaskan crab boat, Mark Hovander is touring the country this year with the same Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang pictured on that page.
Hovander and his crosstown friend John Atzbach are big fans of the first-generation Shelby Mustang, and between them they own two of the three original prototypes. As Mustang enthusiasts across the country and around the world celebrate 50 years of their favorite...[Read more...]|
|THE PINNACLE OF COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONS: RM AND SOTHEBY'S OFFER A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY AND DESIGN IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions and Sotheby's expertly curated Art of the Automobile sale, November 21, in New York City
• First major collector car auction to be held in Manhattan in over a decade; the sale's catalogue features examples of the upper echelons of design from each era of motoring
• Extraordinary exhibition that showcases all vehicles on offer will be held from November 18–20 on the 10th floor galleries at Sotheby's New York
• Official digital catalogue now availab...[Read more...]|
|GM DESIGN'S TOM PETERS EARNS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD|
|PASADENA, Calif. – In addition to more than 30 years of designing some of General Motors' most memorable vehicles, Tom Peters led the exterior studio teams that produced two of GM's most important product introductions this year – the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray and 2014 Chevrolet Silverado full-size pickup.
On Sunday, Peters received a lifetime achievement award for his work from his alma mater, Art Center College of Design, which has been at the forefront of art and design educ...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Corvette Shines in the Big Apple|
|All-new Corvette Stingray comes to New York City 60 years to the day after Motorama debut
2013-01-16 Sixty years ago tomorrow, spectators lined New York City's posh Park Avenue, waiting to get a glimpse of the ground-breaking Chevrolet Corvette on display at the General Motors' Motorama show. On Thursday, the Corvette will be back in The Big Apple, marking the historic milestone with the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
The all-new Corvette Stingray debuted earlier...[Read more...]|