1917 Standard Model E news, pictures, and information
The Standard was built in Butler, PA from 1914 to 1923 by the Standard Steel Car Company of Pittsburgh, a well-established builder of railroad cars. Recorded as the company's best year, 1917 saw production of about 2,500 vehicles.
Touring cars were eventually replaced wîth closed-sedan automobiles designed to protect passengers from the elements, marking a significant turning point in both automobile design and its history.Source - Frick Car Museum
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.