|RM MONTEREY OFF TO A RACING START WITH ESTEEMED JIM CLICK FORD PERFORMANCE COLLECTION|
|• RM Sotheby's returns to California's Monterey Peninsula, August 19 – 20, for its flagship sale during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
• Early entries powered by the Jim Click Ford Performance Collection, a superlative group of competitive racing Fords and Shelbys
• Collection highlighted by CSX 2473, one of the most successful competition Cobras of all time, and a Ford GT40 Mk I
• A tradition spanning over 30 years, RM's two-day Monterey sale to feature 100 blue-chip collector cars
• ...[Read more...]|
|INAUGURAL MECUM DENVER COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION EXCEEDS $12 MILLION IN SALES|
|• 396 Cars Hammer Sold in Just Two Days Before a Standing-Room-Only Crowd|
WALWORTH, Wis. – July 1, 2015 – Mecum Auctions' first-ever Denver-area auction brought enthusiasts flocking to the Colorado Convention Center leading to standing-room-only crowds both days, June 26-27. With 396 cars sold, a 66-percent sell-through rate was achieved and overall sales totals reached $12,003,418.
'We were excited to bring the Mecum Auction action to the Denver area, and the reception fr...[Read more...]
|A Generational Thing: Camaro Design through the Years|
|Chevrolet designers reflect on five generations of iconic style
DETROIT – As the Camaro rolls through the final year of its fifth generation, Chevrolet asked five designers who have contributed to the sporty car's design to reflect on the styling legacy that helped create an icon.
'While Camaro has evolved with cultural and design trends, it has consistently represented the approachable, attainable sports car with an emphasis on fun that's evident in its styling,' said Ed Wel...[Read more...]|
|AUCTIONS AMERICA ENJOYS RECORD BREAKING SUCCESS IN SOUTH FLORIDA WITH MORE THAN $21 MILLION IN SALES AT FORT LAUDERDALE|
|• South Florida's premier collector car auction generates more than $21 million in sales with 76 percent of all lots sold at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
• Top seller: 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra achieves $825,000
• 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition realizes $412,500—a record price at auction for the Heritage Edition mode
• Other notable highlights: 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird sells for $319,000; 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Fuel-Injected Coupe achieves $189,200
• Full res...[Read more...]|
|SCCA PRO RACING ALL-STAR TEAM ANNOUNCED|
| ||TOPEKA, Kan. (Jan. 10, 2013) – SCCA Pro Racing is proud to present its 2013 All-Star Team. The lineup features many of the top stars in North American road racing, including young, up-and-coming racers and seasoned veterans still at the top of their game.
The team draws its members from the five road racing series that are sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing. Each class is represented by the 2013 championship-winning driver.
Here's a snapshot of each championship run:
Pirelli World ...[Read more...]|