|RM MONTEREY OFF TO A RACING START WITH ESTEEMED JIM CLICK FORD PERFORMANCE COLLECTION|
|• RM Sotheby's returns to California's Monterey Peninsula, August 19 – 20, for its flagship sale during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
• Early entries powered by the Jim Click Ford Performance Collection, a superlative group of competitive racing Fords and Shelbys
• Collection highlighted by CSX 2473, one of the most successful competition Cobras of all time, and a Ford GT40 Mk I
• A tradition spanning over 30 years, RM's two-day Monterey sale to feature 100 blue-chip collector cars
• ...[Read more...]|
|VINTAGE RACERS SHOWCASE HISTORY AT ROAD AMERICA DURING THE ARIENS ART ON WHEELS WEEKEND FEATURING THE ELKHART LAKE VINTAGE FESTIVAL|
| ||ELKHART LAKE, Wis., September 15, 2015 - Vintage racers from across the U.S. will take to the track September 18-20 as Road America hosts the 30th running of the Vintage Sports Car Drivers Association (VSCDA) Ariens Art on Wheels Weekend featuring the Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival®. The annual celebration of vintage and historic sports cars attracts nearly 250 cars to the famed 4-mile, 14-turn road course and the fan-friendly paddock is open to spectators for close-up views of amazing racing mac...[Read more...]|
|INAUGURAL MECUM DENVER COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION EXCEEDS $12 MILLION IN SALES|
|• 396 Cars Hammer Sold in Just Two Days Before a Standing-Room-Only Crowd|
WALWORTH, Wis. – July 1, 2015 – Mecum Auctions' first-ever Denver-area auction brought enthusiasts flocking to the Colorado Convention Center leading to standing-room-only crowds both days, June 26-27. With 396 cars sold, a 66-percent sell-through rate was achieved and overall sales totals reached $12,003,418.
'We were excited to bring the Mecum Auction action to the Denver area, and the reception fr...[Read more...]
|AUCTIONS AMERICA ENJOYS RECORD BREAKING SUCCESS IN SOUTH FLORIDA WITH MORE THAN $21 MILLION IN SALES AT FORT LAUDERDALE|
|• South Florida's premier collector car auction generates more than $21 million in sales with 76 percent of all lots sold at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
• Top seller: 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra achieves $825,000
• 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition realizes $412,500—a record price at auction for the Heritage Edition mode
• Other notable highlights: 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird sells for $319,000; 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Fuel-Injected Coupe achieves $189,200
• Full res...[Read more...]|
|SCCA PRO RACING ALL-STAR TEAM ANNOUNCED|
| ||TOPEKA, Kan. (Jan. 10, 2013) – SCCA Pro Racing is proud to present its 2013 All-Star Team. The lineup features many of the top stars in North American road racing, including young, up-and-coming racers and seasoned veterans still at the top of their game.
The team draws its members from the five road racing series that are sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing. Each class is represented by the 2013 championship-winning driver.
Here's a snapshot of each championship run:
Pirelli World ...[Read more...]|