|Luigi Musso: Talented, Tempting and Troubled|
| ||Following Alberto Ascari's back-to-back titles in 1952 and 1953 there have been no Italian Formula One World Champions. While there has been a great amount of hope throughout the years, Italians have been left without a World Champion. Perhaps, it could be argued, all such hopes died with Luigi Musso on the 6th of July in 1958.
Since Ascari there have certainly been some notable Italian drivers within Formula One history books. Such names as Michele Alboreto, Elio de Angelis, Alex Zanardi, Ri...[Read more...]|
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|2012 Singapore Grand Prix - Preview|
|The next race on the Formula One calendar is one of the most spectacular of the season. As the sport's only night race, the Singapore Grand Prix provides a fantastic show under the lights held around the 5.073 km Marina Bay Circuit, and has quickly become a firm favourite with fans, teams and drivers.
• The Safety Car has been deployed at least once in every Singapore Grand Prix since the inaugural race in 2008
• The circuit features nine corners taken below 100 kph, more than Monaco, and ...[Read more...]|
|Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elegance Judging Day Concludes Salon Prive 2012|
|• 'Best of Show' prize goes to the 1950 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta entered by Dudley and Sally Masson-Styrron |
• Most prestigious judging panel in Salon Privé history congratulates all category winners for the UK's most outstanding line-up of bikes and cars in 2012
Syon Park, West London, 10th September 2012 – The Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance judging day at Salon Privé London marked the close of the Luxury Super Car Show, with a fabulous line up of 111 cars and bikes...[Read more...]
|2012 Canadian Grand Prix - Preview|
|Round Seven of the 2012 World Championship, the Canadian Grand Prix, is hosted by Montreal and takes place on Sunday 10 June at the 4.631 km Circuit Gilles Villeneuve located on the city's Ile Notre-Dame.
• In the past ten years, there have been a total of 14 Safety Car periods in Montreal – including five last year
• Two of the past three races in Montreal have featured at least five different leaders
• The race has been won from pole three times in the past ten years – compared to ei...[Read more...]|