|DRAYSON RACING TO ASK MOTORSPORT FANS WHICH TOP-LEVEL RACERS AND TECHNOLOGIES THEY WANT IN FORMULA E|
| ||April 19 2013, Oxford, UK – Drayson Racing has announced the start of its search for two top-level professional racing drivers for its entry in the new FIA Formula E Championship for electric cars. The Drayson Racing team were the first to announce their participation in Formula E, with the new championship expecting ten teams from all over the world to line-up for the inaugural race in 2014.
At a recent Formula E press conference, Lord Drayson, Team Principal, expressed his intention to app...[Read more...]|
|A BRACE OF LEGENDS RETURN: BMW GROUP CLASSIC LINES UP FOR THE DTM|
|Munich. On the first weekend of May 2013 the Hockenheimring will host the curtain-raiser to the German Touring Car Masters (DTM) season - and the opening salvo in BMW Motorsport's title defence. Following the drivers' and manufacturers' title-winning exploits of Canada's Bruno Spengler and BMW in the brand's comeback season of 2012, all eyes are now on the latest version of the victorious BMW M3 DTM. However, the undercard for the first of the season's ten races will also be worth a look, as BMW...[Read more...]|
|1955 Tourist Trophy: One Last Victory|
|The tragedy at Le Mans on the 11th of June, 1955 would dramatically affect motor racing. For one of the manufacturers involved, Mercedes-Benz, it would be a confirmation of what it had already come to believe. Toward the end of the 1955 season it was known Mercedes-Benz would withdraw from all motor racing having achieved just about everything possible in Formula One and sportscars. However, on the 18th of September, there would be one last race in which the mighty Silver Arrows would be gunning...[Read more...]|
|2012 German Grand Prix: Preview|
|Round 10 of the 2012 Formula One World Championship marks the second home race in succession for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. The German Grand Prix takes place on Sunday 22 July at the Hockenheimring which is just 100kms from the Daimler and Mercedes-Benz headquarters in Stuttgart.
• The 2012 German Grand Prix will be the 33rd held at Hockenheim; Mercedes-Benz power has won twice, in 1998 & 2008
• This year's race marks the tenth anniversary of the circuit's redesign and the constructio...[Read more...]|
|Spanish Grand Prix: Race|
|Nico Rosberg finished the Spanish Grand Prix in seventh place today with Michael Schumacher retiring on lap13.
• Nico followed a three-stop tyre strategy, pitting on laps 9, 22 and 40
• Nico's tyre usage was soft (9 laps), soft (13 laps), hard (18 laps), hard (26 laps)
• Michael retired in turn one at the start of lap 13 following a collision with Bruno Senna's Williams
• The 2012 season has now seen five winners from five races, something that last occurred in 1983
Nico Rosberg[...[Read more...]|