|Barrett-Jackson's Scottsdale Auction|
Over a period of ten days, the Barrett-Jackson auction company had 1,611 vehicles cross their block, which resulted in over $131.9 million in vehicle sales along with $6.55 in automobilia sales. This record setting performance makes it the company's highest auction in sales to date. The predominately 'No Reserve' auction had the largest number of consigned vehicles in its 44-year history, as well as a record number of bidders in attendance.
Sales were spurred with the help of the ...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF 2015 GOLF GTI MODELS, STARTING AT $24,395|
|The latest Golf GTI adds more standard equipment and exciting new optional features
◾Seventh-generation Golf GTI is bigger, lighter, faster, and more fuel-efficient
◾Price rises just $195 over previous-generation GTI, despite more standard equipment and an increase of 10 horsepower and 51 pound-feet of torque from new EA888 TSI® engine
◾Golf GTI Performance Package provides a great value at just $1495, includes electronically-controlled torque-sensing limited-slip differential
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS FEBRUARY 2014 SALES|
| ||February sales total 27,112 units
• Jetta Sedan delivered 10,597 units for the month
• Passat delivered 6,997 units for the month
• Tiguan delivered 2,019 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 16.8 percent of sales in February • Passat TDI sales were 1,696, representing 24.2 percent of sales of the vehicle
Herndon, VA (March 3, 2014) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 27,112 units delivered in February.
'February was an expec...[Read more...]|
|POTEET, CIZEK EARN TOP AWARDS AT GOODGUYS 16TH PPG NATIONALS|
|Columbus, OH – Tennessee's George Poteet and Nebraska's Ron Cizek collected the top two awards at the Goodguys 16th PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio last weekend. Under brilliant sunshine and in front of record crowds, Poteet's vintage NASCAR-inspired '69 Torino won the Goodguys 2013 Optima Batteries Street Machine of the Year while Cizek's popular Ridler award-winning '40 Ford coupe collected the Goodguys 2013 Classic Instruments Street Rod of the Year title. For Cizek, it's the second ma...[Read more...]|
|MODEL YEAR 2014: MORE EFFICENT, DOWNSIZED ENGINES AND AN EXTENDED R-LINE RANGE HEAD THE CHANGES|
| ||New 1.8-liter turbocharged and direct-injection TSI® engine to feature in Jetta, Beetle, and Passat, replacing the 2.5-liter five cylinder. R-Line® range expands to five models.
• Jetta SE and SEL models are fitted with new 170-horsepower 1.8-liter engine, offering a manufacturer predicted highway fuel economy improvement of 16 percent
• All Jetta models now have independent rear suspension
• VW Car-Net™ connected services introduced across a broad range of models
• New 1.8-liter engine in...[Read more...]|