|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance|
| ||1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|ICONS CONVERGE: FORD MUSTANG CELEBRATES 50 YEARS AT THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING|
|• On April 16-17, Ford is celebrating 50 years of continuous pony car production by bringing the all-new Mustang convertible to the Empire State Building's 86th floor observatory, allowing visitors to join in the festivities|
• Ford is re-creating the same feat it achieved nearly 50 years ago – unveiling a Mustang on the world's most famous attraction, once again making history
• A technical team is hard at work disassembling a Mustang into sections so that it will fit into the ...[Read more...]
|The Most Valuable Road-Going Car in Auction History Sells at RM Auctions' Historic $125,000,000 Monterey Sale|
|• During a weekend sale that will surely go down in collector car auction history, RM grosses in excess of $125,000,000 as a total of 120 vehicles cross the podium on the Monterey Peninsula, breaking the world record for the highest sales total for a collector car auction
• 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4*S N.A.R.T. Spider sells for an astounding $27,500,000 making it the most valuable road-going car ever sold at public auction and the second most expensive car in auction history
• Additionally, 26 lot...[Read more...]|
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Posts a Spectacular $95 Million in Monterey|
|• RM Auctions generates more than $95.7* million in sales, with a strong 89 percent of all lots sold, at its celebrated Monterey, California sale
• 20 cars achieve over $1 million, five of which exceed the $5 million mark
• Two-day sale establishes numerous new auction records, including a new world record for the most expensive American automobile ever sold at auction
• Top-sellers: 1968 Ford GT40 Gulf/Mirage Lightweight Racing Car achieves $11,000,000; 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Sp...[Read more...]|