Sold for $94,051 (€72,800) at 2012 RM Auctions
The Bentley Azure was designed by Pininfarina and built by Rolls-Royce in Crewe, England. In total, there were just 1,308 examples created and all were pre-sold before being built. Power was from a 6750cc, 400 horsepower, V-8 with a Garrett turbocharger. Zero-to-sixty took just 6.1 seconds for the 5745 lb. vehicle and was electrically governed to 150 mph.
This two-door touring car is reported to have been built to special order for famed Italian motorcyclist, designer and advertising executive, Carlo Talamo of Milan, Italy. The car is finished in its original Mason's Black lacquer exterior and Connolly St. James red leather interior. It is an unusually low-mileage vehicle with just 37,000 km from new. There are dual climate control systems, dual air bags, and a computerized automatic ride control system which can be set in three modes: Boulevard, Normal or Sports. The suspension setting is automatically determined by the vehicle speed, road conditions and driving habits.
In 2012, this car was offered for sale at the Monaco sale presented by RM Auctions. The car was estimated to sell for €70.000-€90.000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of €72.800 inclusive of buyer's premium.By Daniel Vaughan | Jun 2012
Luxurious, desirable, distinguished - the Azure is a thoroughbred Bentley. Steeped in heritage, yet, unquestionably a convertible for the twenty-first century. Never demanding attention, yet always receiving it.
Since the 1920s, Bentley has been producing remarkable, sporting Drophead Grand Tourers that radiate sophistication and elegance.
In the Azure, the spirit and excitement of every Bentley convertible throughout the decades is revived for the 21st century. From the elegance of the S1 Continental Park Ward, the spectacular lines of the 70's Corniche, through to the glamour of the original Azure.
The new Azure is a unique combination of living heritage, exhilarating performance and handcrafted refinement.Azure
Thundering through the 1990s, the original Bentley Azure reset the expectations of every arbiter of style.
Exquisitely styled by famed Italian designer, Sergio Pininfarina, the Azure has now ascended to genuine iconic status. Becoming a byword for luxury and style, the Azure carried its handsome lines wîth an irrepressible glamour.
The beauty of the Azure is immediate. A sculptured masterpiece wîth unique styling, advanced technology and unashamed glamour – all in a contemporary style. Convertible
The automated seven-bow roof slips effortlessly away to reveal a convertible without equal.
Down, the roof and its mechanism are completely and automatically stowed beneath a hide-trimmed tonneau cover. Úp, the Azure's three layer canvas roof provides superlative sound and temperature insulation.
The new Azure is a unique blend of heritage and modern technology, completed by traditional Bentley touches.
The laser-cut stainless steel grille, the distinctive twin headlamps, and the high waist-line that symbolise the timeless and classic Bentley design. All rounded off wîth the black winged ‘B' badge, confirming the heritage and Bentley bloodline.Styling
The Azure has an elegant, fluid silhouette wîth a high waist line, low roof, and fine sporting line.
Its raked windscreen adds contemporary style to an elegant frame.Luggage
Give yourself the room to roam. This unrivalled convertible features a large luggage area that complements the overall spaciousness of the design. Room enough even for two golf bags...
The Azure's convertible roof stows into its own separate compartment. This means that roof up, or roof down, the Azure's excellent luggage capacity is unaffected.Performance and Control
The Azure is powerful in a way that only a Bentley can be. State of the art engineering ensures an effortless, yet exhilarating drive – safe, powerful, comfortable. Bentley's legendary V8 engine provides stunning performance wîth peerless refinement; a unique combination that puts the Azure beyond compare.Source - Bentley
|1951 Ferrari 340 America Barchetta tops the lots at RM Sotheby's €27.5 million Monaco sale|
|• 1951 Ferrari 340 America achieves €7.280.000 in packed auction room at Le Sporting Monte Carlo
• Six lots achieve prices in excess of €1.000.000
• 1939 Bugatti Type 57 Cabriolet highlights the Quattroruote Collection, achieving €660.800
• 1995 Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota also achieved a record price €672,000
• Complete RM Monaco results available at www.rmsothebys.com
• RM Sotheby's continues summer auction calendar in Monterey, California, 19-20 August, closely followed by its 10th annu...[Read more...]|
|Historic racing greats and magnificent tourers join the starting grid for RM Sotheby's multi-million Euro Monaco sale|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for biennial Monaco sale, 14 May, during the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique weekend
• Latest highlights led by the only road-registered Porsche 911 GT1 Evolution in existence, and Niki Lauda's first Formula One car - a 1971 March 711
• Sale also features pre-war grand touring greats including a 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Cabriolet A and a 1932 Horch 670 Cabriolet
• Handpicked roster of blue-chip automobiles also features a 1948 Tucker 48, a rare addition to any European...[Read more...]|
|SHOW-STOPPING AUTOMOBILES AT RM SOTHEBY'S AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE SALE|
|• RM Sotheby's readies for its 18th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 12 in Florida
• Star attractions: 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Cabriolet A and 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica LWB Coupe Aerodinamico lead roster of more than 90 blue-chip collector cars
• Sale features over a century of automotive design and styling, from Brass Era greats including a stunning Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost, to modern exotics represented by a highly-optioned 2014 Pagani Huayra
• ...[Read more...]|
|PRIZED PAUL AND CHRIS ANDREWS COLLECTION SET FOR RM'S AUCTION PODIUM|
|• RM Auctions presents the coveted Paul and Chris Andrews Collection, April 30 – May 2, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas
• Sale features an unprecedented selection of motor cars and memorabilia, meticulously assembled over many years by the respected father and son team
• Further information will be available at www.rmauctions.com in early 2015
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 20, 2014) – Continuing its reputation as the industry leader for private collection sales, RM Auctions will lift the gav...[Read more...]|
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
|· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma...[Read more...]|