The Lincoln Model K series was introduced in 1931 and produced in limited numbers through 1939. These cars were V-8 powered until 1933 when a 381 cid V-12 became the standard power plant. Displacement was increased to 414 cubic inches accompanied by a 25-bhp boost to 150 horses in 1935. This excellent engine would power the K's until the end of its run in 1939.
During this time, Lincoln offered a wide selection of semi-custom bodies from LeBaron, Willoughby, Brunn and Judkins. Customers could order their own full-custom coachwork as well, but these special-order cars were built in minuscule numbers.
This 1934 Lincoln Series 271 - KB features a custom-built body (type 285) by Willoughby of Utica, New York on the massive 145-inch wheelbase Lincoln chassis, but is a completely unrestored automobile.
Until recently acquired by the current owner, this automobile has spent its entire life in west Texas (where the climate contributed to the car's preservation over the years).
Power is supplied by a Lincoln-built 414 cub-cinch V-12 engine that produces 150 horsepower.
Incredibly, only 740 Lincolns were built on the 145-inch wheelbase chassis and that included 20 different body styles.