|DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR'S 1941 CADILLAC TO BE AUCTIONED IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• RM Auctions and Sotheby's offer one-of-one Cadillac custom built for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, without reserve, November 21, in New York City
• Delivered to the royal couple at the Waldorf, the Cadillac — long thought to be destroyed —has been missing from the public eye since 1952
• Known affectionately as 'The Duchess,' this bespoke limousine is an important piece of automotive and society history
• Full sale details now available online at www.rmauctions.com
NEW YORK...[Read more...]|
|History Rolls into Hershey for RM's Annual Pennsylvania Sale|
|• Final countdown underway to RM's annual Hershey, Pennsylvania auction, held October 10 – 11 during the historic AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet
• Two-day sale features 116 vehicles, with an emphasis on Brass and Classic Era motor cars
• Sale entries led by a rare, award-winning 1933 Chrysler CL Imperial Convertible Roadster
• Auction also features number of vehicles steeped with local Pennsylvania history
• Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (S...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: M18 HELLCAT REMEMBERED ON V-E DAY|
|'Hot rod of World War II' a key piece of 'Arsenal of Democracy'
DETROIT – Buick production lines have been rolling for 110 consecutive years but for a short period during World War II, the vehicles produced looked decidedly different. In February of 1942, the last civilian car left a Buick facility before full attention was placed on engineering and producing aircraft engines, ammunition and the M18 tank destroyer, better known as the Hellcat.
The M18 originated in the design studio...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: 11 HIGHLIGHTS OF 11 DECADES|
|Buick vehicles today are built in state-of-the-art facilities around the world. The Enclave luxury crossover's Lansing Delta Township plant was the industry's first LEED Gold-certified manufacturing facility. The brand has evolved in many ways since 1903, when the first Buick was hand-built in a small barn behind David Dunbar Buick's Detroit home. Here are 11 top highlights from Buick's first 11 decades:
• Through the end of 2012, Buick has sold more than 43 million vehicles. That's the equiv...[Read more...]|
|Auctions America By RM's 2012 Auburn Spring Auction|
|'Variety' is the buzzword for this year's Auctions America by RM June 1-3 Auburn Spring auction, which will offer a huge range of collector vehicles and an enormous private collection of automotive memorabilia. More than 600 American muscle cars, Classics, foreign sports cars and hot rods will cross the block at the historic Auburn Auction Park, the company's national headquarters in Auburn, Indiana.
'Last year was our first spring event at the park,' said Auctions America by RM's President ...[Read more...]|