|Bentley 'Bobtail' Le Mans Race Car Joins Starting Lineup for RM Amelia|
|• RM Sotheby's secures 1928 Bentley 4½-Litre Le Mans Sports 'Bobtail' for its Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 10-11 in Florida
• One of the most important Bentleys in existence, the 'Bobtail' is a two-time Factory Le Mans entrant
• Additional recent highlights include a superb private collection of rare sports cars, led by a one-of-two 1956 Maserati A6G/54 Frua Coupe Series III
• Further event information and a frequently updated list of entries available at www.rmsothebys....[Read more...]|
|THREE TIMES FOUR: RM SOTHEBY'S BRINGS ASTON MARTIN TRINITY TO LONDON SALE WITH DB4GT, DB4 CONVERTIBLE AND DB4 SERIES II COUPÉ|
|• RM Sotheby's assembles 'holy trifecta' of DB4s for its 10th anniversary London sale, 7 September at Battersea Evolution
• Trio led by original one-of-75 DB4GT, immaculate concours-standard Series V Convertible, and desirable left-hand-drive Series II Coupé
• Aston Martin fans also catered for with classic 1953 DB2 Vantage and desirable 2009 DBS Volante
• RM's Battersea sale the official auction of the UK's prestigious Concours of Elegance
• Further information and frequently updated list...[Read more...]|
|1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Spyder Epitomizes The Elegance at Hershey|
|HERSHEY, PA - The theme for this year's Elegance at Hershey is Celebration of Speed. After deciding upon the overall theme, 'One of the first decisions we made was to choose an automobile that epitomized that concept,' stated Steve Moskowitz, Elegance Vice Chairman. After much deliberation, it was concluded that the logical choice would be the Alfa Romeo Touring Spyder.
A call was made to Mr. Oscar Davis of Elizabeth, NJ - the owner of a number of fabulous classic automobiles. Last ye...[Read more...]|
|THE 20TH ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURS HONORS THE ORIGINAL 'ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE', BMW's IMMORTAL 328|
| ' . . . a long legged proper sports car.' Sir Stirling Moss
The 20th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will showcase the legend and legacy of the car that set BMW on its path to become known as the 'ultimate driving machine'.
Experts, enthusiasts and fans of the Bavarian marque consider the BMW 328 the first sports car worthy of the title.
Eight decades ago BMW responded to a national call that Germany should build not only the world's fastest and greatest ...[Read more...]|
|LE MANS WINNER JOCHEN MASS NAMED 2014 AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS HONOREE|
|There are scores of victories on Jochen Mass' hefty racing resume, but the one that stands out in bold print is the win in France on a June weekend a quarter century ago.
Mass shared one of the mighty Mercedes-Benz powered Sauber C9 Silver Arrows in the 1989 24 Hours of Le Mans. Mass, co-drivers Stanley Dickens and Manuel Reuter led a Mercedes sweep of the classic enduro with a 1-2-5 Mercedes-Benz powered finish. Mass & Co. were the slowest of the three Silver Arrow C9s in qualifying. Despit...[Read more...]|