|CARS FROM THE DU PONT COLLECTION, INCLUDING TWO COOPER F3 RACERS, TO BE OFFERED AT OCTOBER'S PRESERVING THE AUTOMOBILE AUCTION|
|Consignments are now invited for the fourth annual autumn sale at the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia
From the prominent American family du Pont, a name synonymous with a chemical empire, a luxury automobile manufacturer, and America's first motorcycle company, is a private collection of original racing, experimental, hot rod and stock automobiles.
The property of Alexis 'Lex' du Pont, son of motoring magnate E. Paul du Pont, the collection consists of cars from Cooper, Ford and Morgan and ...[Read more...]|
|Barrett-Jackson's Scottsdale Auction|
Over a period of ten days, the Barrett-Jackson auction company had 1,611 vehicles cross their block, which resulted in over $131.9 million in vehicle sales along with $6.55 in automobilia sales. This record setting performance makes it the company's highest auction in sales to date. The predominately 'No Reserve' auction had the largest number of consigned vehicles in its 44-year history, as well as a record number of bidders in attendance.
Sales were spurred with the help of the ...[Read more...]|
|Texas-Sized Charlie Thomas Collection Brings $7.4 Million At Dallas Auction|
|• RM Auctions' sale of the Charlie Thomas Collection generates $7.4 million, with 100 percent of lots sold
• Top sellers include a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Roadster for $143,000 and a 1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible for $132,000
• Sale captures attention of global collector car community with bidders representing eight countries around the world and 31 states across the U.S.
• RM wraps up its 2012 calendar with its annual London, England sale, October 31, followed by the John Staluppi ...[Read more...]|
|Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Introduces Its First Sport Customs Class|
|One-off Sport Customs designed to turn heads while tooling down Main Street USA will roll onto the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links for the 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on August 19.
This year, for the very first time, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is hosting an entire class dedicated to Sport Customs.
'These are one-of-a-kind cars built in the US, on modified American production chassis with American engines by individuals, designers and craftsmen,' explains auto...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Lifts Gavel On Charlie Thomas' Texas-Sized Collection of Automobiles|
|• RM Auctions further expands its 2012 calendar with the addition of 'The Charlie Thomas Collection', a single-day, single-vendor sale to be held in Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2012
• Auction features a superb assortment of more than 150 collector cars, all offered without reserve
• Sale further consolidates RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection auctions
RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted...[Read more...]|