2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- The Geneva Motor Show: 100 years of motoring progressThe 2005 Geneva International Motor Show will celebrate both the Centenary of the first national exhibition and the 75th version of the international show. In addition to the usual world and European premieres exhibited each year, this Show will be marked by many special events which should attract large numbers of visitors.
- Cleveland Auto ShowThe 2005 Cleveland Auto Show revs its engines at the I-X Center beginning Feb. 26-March 6.
The show featured many concepts and exotic cars. However, the arguably best feature of the show happens 'down stairs.' In the lower section of the I-X center is the classic car show. Here, hundreds of classic cars are on display. Some rare, some common, but all are very enjoyable. Please enjoy coverage of the 2005 Cleveland Auto Show.
- Audi RS4New dimensions in driving dynamics combined with innovative ideas and concepts – and, in addition, exciting lines and a level of equipment living up to even the highest luxury performance standards: The new Audi RS 4 combines the latest high-performance motoring qualities offered by quattro GmbH in a thoroughbred sports saloon with supreme everyday driving qualities in the premium segment. Indeed, the new RS 4 is the top-of-the-range model in the A4 series, a development all-new from the ground up.
- The Frick Car and Carriage MuseumAfter the turn of the century, the development of the automobile profoundly changed American life. Visitors can travel back to the time of carriages, and see some of the first horseless carriages to have an impact on Pittsburgh. Henry Clay Frick's 1914 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost touring car and Howard Heinz's 1898 Panhard (reputed to be the first car in Pittsburgh) are both included in a display over 20 vintage automobiles which illustrate the story of Pittsburgh's place in automotive history. An award-winning video, Pittsburgh and the Automobile, alternates throughout the day with a new short film, The Stanley Steamer. Through archival film, original footage and interviews, visitors are taken on a humorous and fascinating ride through the early years of automotive history.
- Chicago Auto Show2005 is a historic year for Chicago. The City of Broad Shoulders gets its auto show Super-Sized to an astonishing 1.2 million sq. ft. - meaning it's 42 percent bigger than last year! The show that was the biggest on the block just got bigger.
The show was from February 11th through the 20th. This year continued the tradition of new concepts and world debuts plus a great showing of classic and vintage automobiles. Being able to see the vehicles of yester-years compared with modern-day vehicles really allows for the appreciation of the designs from all eras.
This year Concept Carz Kyle McMullen and Sarah were there to capture all the action.
- Lamborghini 'Concept S'At the Geneva Motor Show, the House of the Raging Bull will present a new design study that renews a great Lamborghini tradition.
Like the 350 GTS and the Miura Roadster before it, the Lamborghini 'Concept S' is a unique car, an extreme and spectacular expression of the Lamborghini brand.
Created at the Centro Stile Lamborghini in Sant'Agata Bolognese by Luc Donckerwolke, Head of Lamborghini Design, the 'Concept S' is his extreme interpretation of an 'open car'. Using the Gallardo as a basis, Donckerwolke drew inspiration from the classic single-seater racing cars of the past to create this latest design study.
The classic single-seaters did not have a traditional windscreen, but utilised the so-called 'saute-vent' (in French: a sudden change in the wind) in order to direct air over the head of the driver - and so does the 'Concept S'.
These devices divide the cabin into two distinct compartments, giving the car an aggressive and futuristic look and also creating a space between them that acts as an additional air inlet for the powerful engine, which is positioned behind the seats.
An electronically controlled, retractable central rear view mirror allows the driver - when required - to see what is happening behind the car.
The aerodynamics of the 'Concept S' have been optimised thanks to front and rear spoilers and a large rear diffuser.
- EDAG and Rinspeed present the 'Chopster'On March 1, 2005 the city on the Rhone river will witness the world premiere of the 'Chopster,' a very special type of SUV. The Chopster is a joint project of the exclusive Swiss automotive tuning powerhouse Rinspeed AG and EDAG Engineering + Design AG – an international innovative development partner for the automobile industry.
'The Chopster is a luxury-class life-style SUV that was designed specifically for automobile enthusiasts who appreciate a sporty and highly extroverted appearance in the SUV segment,' say Rinspeed chairman Frank M. Rinderknecht and EDAG board spokesman Matthias Topp about their joint project. Given that goal the designers of both companies came up with a vehicle whose ambitious exterior immediately commands respect. To emphasize its sporty character the EDAG design team chopped the roof of the original vehicle by a whopping 70 mm and added muscular fender flares.
- Palm Beach Cavallino ClassicThe Palm Beach Cavallino Classic is regarded as one of the top five automotive events in the world, along with the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, the Louis Vuitton Concours d'Elegance, the Villa d'Este Concorso d'Eleganza, and the Concorso Italiano.
The 14th Annual Palm Beach Cavallino Classic took place mid-January of 2005.
This meeting was a six day convention for Ferrari owners and enthusiasts, with participants and their Ferraris attending from the U.S., Europe and Japan. Activities began with track days at Moroso Motorsports Park, which is located just outside of Palm Beach.
- Rinspeed Senso'The driver and not the technology should be the focal point of a car,' observes the head of Rinspeed, Frank M. Rinderknecht (49), summing up the fundamental idea behind his latest concept car offering: the 'Senso'. Due to be presented jointly by the famous Swiss automotive design and solutions specialist, Rinspeed, and Bayer MaterialScience, one of the world's largest plastics producers, at the Geneva Motor Show from March 3-13, 2005, the innovative 'Senso' was developed in cooperation with the experienced engineering specialist, Esoro. Johannes Seesing (51), who specializes in automotive applications at Bayer, says: 'Together with our partners in the automotive industry, we are already carrying out research on the car of tomorrow. The 'Senso' is an outstanding example of unconventional ideas and applied lateral thinking.'
- Pagani Zonda FJuan Manuel Fangio was much more than a great champion. His accuracy, his uprightness, and his human and technical sensibility were among his qualities, typical of the old-time men, they have been for me, an example and an inspiration source. Very often, I ask myself how something so material, like a drawing or a technical choice, can express and convey the philosophy of such a men.
The name of 'el coche', the way he used to call the car, should have been Fangio F1. He followed the project with a strong enthusiasm, according to his ideas the F1 had to be innovative, safe and had to be powered by a Mercedes-Benz engine. He then passed away and as a sign of respect I did not dare to call the car Fangio F1 and I decided to name it Zonda, 'el viento de los Andes'.
Today, after years spent in a rigorous search for perfection, the result is the Zonda F, a car that I wish to dedicate to Juan Manuel Fangio, the man who has made everything different.
- Horacio Pagani, founder of Pagani Automobili
- Dodge Caliber Concept'With its bold styling and clever packaging, Caliber is pure Dodge,' said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President-Design, Chrysler Group. 'This concept is a new slant on one of the world's most competitive segments. The Dodge Caliber concept brings emotion to the C-segment sea of sameness and strongly hints at the future direction of Dodge in the global car market.'
- PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOWWith the completion of the spectacular new David L. Lawrence Convention Center, nearly 340,000 square feet of exhibit space is available for display for over 500 of the latest domestic and foreign cars, trucks and SUV's from over 35 manufacturers. Everything from pure fantasy to practical reality is on display.
- Renault Z17Renault will present the Z17 concept at the 2005 Geneva Aut Show. The Z17 is a small top-of-the-range vehicle intended for the city. Patrick Quément, owner of the Renault design, explains: 'Z17 is a vehicle designed for city life. It has been shown that cars carry only 1.4 people on average, but two seat interiors are perceived as a constraint. Z17 is therefore a genuine three-seater complete with a boot located behind the driver's seat, all built into a compact architecture.'
- Dodge Nitro ConceptMaking its debut at the 2005 Chicago Auto Show, the Dodge Nitro is a mid-size SUV concept with a uniquely bold, powerful design statement that would ignite an automotive segment more typically characterized by bland styling.
'Although the Dodge Nitro concept is a mid-size sport-utility vehicle, its expressive form and fullness of surface are similar to that of much larger SUVs,' said Rick Aneiros, Vice President - Jeep® and Truck Design. 'The vehicle is not just an exercise in design; its attributes are functional and purposeful.'
- Hyundai Portico ConceptHyundai today introduced its new Portico concept vehicle during press days at the Chicago Auto Show. This event marks the world debut of this new design concept from Hyundai. 'The Portico is an example of the new market segments Hyundai is exploring - in this case, the next generation of family transportation,' said Hyundai's Vice President of Product Development and Strategic Planning, John Krafcik. 'Portico features seating for six passengers and roomy, flexible cargo space - previewing the types of attributes we'll be adding to our growing Hyundai lineup in the U.S. We'll have two all-new Hyundai models with seating for seven and roomy, flexible cargo space within the next year or so - all part of the 24/7 new model launch cadence we started with the Hyundai Tucson last fall.'
- Alfa Romeo BreraThe new Alfa Romeo Brera is to make its debut at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show, the venue chosen for the first public appearance in 2002 of the original Giorgetto-Giugiaro designed concept car, which has gone on to gain international acclaim.
- Nissan ZarootRetaining the traditional design cues of an SUV, the Zaroot's appearance is squared-off, solid and tough looking. It implies strength and security – yet combines these familiar themes with something a little different – a pair of gullwing doors.