2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- The 2005 New York International Automobile ShowThe 2005 New York International Automobile Show begins on March 25th and continues until April 3rd, 2005. The NYC Auto Show has historically been the birthplace of many new concept and world debuts; this year was no different. Please enjoy the auto show coverage from this year's NYC Auto Show.
- Scion t2BScion Unveils All-New t2B Concept Vehicle at 2005 New York Auto Show
Scion, from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., unveiled the all-new t2B (Tall Two-Box) concept vehicle at a press conference today at the 2005 New York International Auto Show.
The t2B concept reflects Scion's key product philosophies of style, versatility, and surprise. It encompasses bold exterior styling, innovative features, and a passenger-friendly interior, all packaged with Scion's requisite fun-to-drive factor.
- Toyota i-UnitToyota's i-unit concept will make its U.S. debut at the 2005 New York International Auto Show. The single passenger i-unit is a form of 'personal mobility' that seeks to balance freedom of movement, harmony with society, and harmony with the Earth's natural environment. Its design was inspired by a leaf and expresses the power of the unknown, the logic of living things and the simple beauty of waste-free functionality.
- Shelby Cobra GT500The most powerful factory-built Ford Mustang in history will take to the street next year, following a unique collaboration between performance car legend Carroll Shelby and the Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT).
Ford took the wraps off the 450-plus horsepower Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 show car at the New Year International Auto Show March 23. Designed in the unmistakable image of Shelby Mustangs of the 1960s, the Shelby Cobra GT500 melds SVT's modern engineering with the big-block performance that made the original GT500 the king of the road.
'The all-new 2005 Ford Mustang is one of the hottest cars in many years,' says Phil Martens, Ford group vice president, Product Creation. 'Its chassis was engineered from the beginning to be the basis of a high-performance, world-class sports car from SVT, and the Shelby Cobra GT500 is it.'
Carroll Shelby lends his support to SVT, adapting his earlier role as a senior advisor on the 'Dream Team' that was assembled to develop and build the 2005 Ford GT.
- Ford Sport Trac AdrenalinFord jolts the performance world with a shot of Adrenalin - the Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin teaser is the world's first high-performance sport-utility truck (SUT).
Adrenalin showcases Ford's plans to produce in 2007 the first sport truck offering the combination of uncompromised utility, four-passenger capability and true performance. Along with the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 - which will go on sale in 2006 - Adrenalin will continue SVT's product momentum that has been growing since the introduction of the acclaimed Ford GT super car in 2004.
- Marcos TSO GTMarcos Engineering Limited ('Marcos') is pleased to announce the new Marcos TSO GT coupe sports car is making its world debut today in South Australia at the Clipsal 500 Adelaide motor race. The TSO GT ran pre-race laps before a crowd estimated at over 250,000 race fans – and will be on display at the event until March 20th. It will then embark on a 2800 Kilometer test and evaluation program as Marcos Engineers prepare the car for the Australian marketplace. The two seat coupe sports car delivers stunning performance with a Grand Touring capability and a familiar GM V8 powertrain that make it ideal for Australian motoring enthusiasts.
- Nissan Sport ConceptThe Nissan Sport Concept, which will make its public world debut at the 2005 New York International Auto Show, is the latest in a series of dynamic performance/youth concept vehicles following the Nissan Actic and Nissan AZEAL concepts.
The Sport Concept is a dynamic three-door hatchback with a dramatic four-seat interior. It offers the look and feel of a sports tuner car, yet is conceived as an affordable, attainable vehicle for buyers entering the new car market for the first time.
- World Of Wheels - Pittsburgh PAAll shows held throughout the U.S. and Canada – AutoRama, World of Wheels, Cavalcade of Customs – are sanctioned by the International Show Car Association (ISCA,) and exhibitors' vehicles are assigned categories and professionally judged based on ISCA rules. Points are awarded on the 'A' rating based on the size of each show. Cash and awards are distributed to various category and special award winners at each event.
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IXMitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announced that the Lancer Evolution IX high-performance 4WD sports sedan would go on sale at affiliated dealerships throughout Japan on March 3, 2005. With a 2.0-liter intercooler-turbocharged engine powering all four wheels through an electronically controlled 4WD system, Evolution IX raises all dynamic performance parameters to a new level. Tax inclusive prices range from 2,940,000 yen to 3,570,000 yen.
Evolution IX marks the 12th model in the series, which has also included an automatic transmission model, since the Lancer Evolution debuted in October 1992. Major features distinguishing the latest model include the adoption of Mitsubishi's proprietary MIVEC*1 variable valve timing technology in the intake system and improvements to the turbocharger that result in higher torque and produce better response for improved engine performance across its full rev range. New front and rear bumpers bring both high aerodynamics and cooling performance.
- Hyundai GrandeurDue for showroom launch in July 2005, the new Hyundai Grandeur confidently takes Hyundai into the executive segment. Designed to compete directly against established European competitors in the E-segments, the Hyundai Grandeur offers refinement, high build quality and distinctive European design. Bearing a family resemblance to the 2005 Sonata, the Hyundai Grandeur also benefits from the increased level of sophistication which this car brought to the overall Hyundai product line-up. In terms of exterior styling the company have focused on achieving a harmonic, elegant yet expressively classic ambience.
- Ferrari F2005The F2005 is the fifty first single-seater built by Ferrari specifically to compete in the Formula 1 World Championship. The design, which bears the internal code number 656, represents Ferrari's more exhaustive interpretation of the 2005 technical regulations. The main elements, relating to aerodynamics are more advanced than on the F2004 M.
- Fenomemon Stratos ConceptThe Geneva Show sees a surprising newcomer to its stands in the shape of Fenomemon Ltd and their concept Stratos project. This new London-based vehicle design agency is led by a current student on the Royal College of Art's Vehicle Design course, Chris Hrabalek, who has masterminded a complete full-size mockup of a reborn Lancia Stratos concept for this year's Geneva Show. In a world where multinational companies spend several million dollars on a concept car and stand, that's a phenomenal achievement.
- Valmet RaceAboutThe number of specialty car models and derivatives on the worldwide car markets is increasing. Cars are made for even more narrowly limited target groups, and therefore the number of small series cars is increasing.
Deviation of the body architecture of the main stream models is typical for these vehicles. Advanced light-weight materials such as aluminum and carbon fiber are often utilized. The yearly production volumes start from some thousands of units. The big challenge for the OEMs is to serve well the customers looking for individuality, without disturbing the efficiency of higher volume production.
Valmet Automotive has excellent operational readiness to serve the OEMs on this growing market segment. Also with smaller volumes the OEM customer can profit from the volume production benefits, like cost efficiency and constant high quality.
- A.D TramontanaA new luxury sports car has been developed in the Costa Brava, Spain. It mixes old timers philosophy and air craft technology.
The new a. d TRAMONTANA starts its own history at the Geneva International Motor Show in March 2005.
- Morgan AeromaxThe Morgan Aeromax is a unique Morgan commissioned by Prince Eric I. Sturdza, President of Banque Baring Brothers Suisse.
Based on the requirement for a comfortable long distance Touring Coupe, drawings by Matthew Humphries were discussed with the customer to define the total concept.Particluar requirements such as the gullwing' boot openings, hardwood and traditional pleated leather interior and a large flat load area behind the seats were particular requirements.
- Pininfarina Birdcage ConceptWith the Birdcage 75th, based on the Maserati heritage and on its most advanced mechanicals and realized in collaboration with Motorola, Pininfarina revives the storied theme of the true dream car now proposed in a synthesis of the vision of the three companies: exclusive design, sports DNA and technological innovation. Pininfarina's prosperous collaboration with Maserati, marked by the great international success of the Quattroporte, is celebrated with this rolling hi-tech sculpture that evokes a new future context, imaginary but possible, while simultaneously paying homage to the strong and distinctive brand characteristics of the Tridente.