2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- Pittsburgh Vintage Grand PrixThe Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix's mission is to produce a world-class vintage racing event in order to raise funds that help provide residential care, treatment and support for developmentally disabled individuals in the Pittsburgh region.
The 23rd annual vintage car road race was the final event in a 10 day celebration that included car cruises and shows, and Historic races at BeaveRun MotorSports Complex.
The hills and hairpin turns added to the complexity of the 2.3 mile course that went through Schenley Park. Top speeds were around 100 mph - amazing accomplishments for vintage automobiles, not to mention a very difficult course with very few straight stretches.
- Lamborghini Gallardo SEThe Italian sportscar manufacturer presents a limited special edition of its successful sportscar: the Lamborghini Gallardo SE.
The Lamborghini Gallardo SE (Special Edition) which is limited to 250 units is characterized by a two-tone body paint, an even more sporty interior and technical improvement.
The basis for the Special Edition is the extreme, uncompromising and unsurpassed Lamborghini Gallardo.
The Lamborghini Gallardo SE is equipped with a permanent 4WD, 6 speed gearbox, aluminum space frame, ESP and ASR, ABS, ABD, air conditioning, as well as two front and two side airbags.
- PVGP Car Cruise at the WaterfrontThis was the third consecutive year for the Cruise at the Waterfront located in historic Homestead, PA. The event was hosted this year by Dave Brudy and DRB Group.
The event started at 6:00 pm and ran until 9:00 pm. The cruise was free to the spectators, and was open to all special-interest vehicles. As part of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix's fund-raising mission, dollars are generated through the host's generous sponsorship plus cruiser donations and sales of PVGP merchandise.
- Crown Royal Invitational Car Show on Walnut StreetMany think the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix takes place every third weekend in July. While it is true that the tribute to motorsport history culminates that magical weekend in Schenley Park, the event has grown into a 10-day celebration spanning six venues and two counties. The Crown Royal Invitational Car Show on Walnut Street is part of the celebration. Nestled on Shadyside's charming Walnut Street, this unique setting allowed the public to view a sampling of rare, classic and exotic cars.
- Concours d'Elegance of the Eastern United StatesEach car presented at a Concours d'Elegance, having been invited after a discriminating review process, is believed to be perfect.
This years theme was 'The Class of Brass' which provided an opportunity to view some of the most rare and elegant automobiles ever produced. It was a time that most of us do not remeber from personal experience, but love to visit in the recollections of our seniors, and in the romance of our imaginations. We envision it to have been a simpler time - a time when life moved more slowly and with more dignity. Indeed, the engineering and flash of the cars from that era, as viewed on the Concours show field, lend credence to that deduction.
- Flashlight Drags : ZelienopleThe Flashlight Drags is an event held at the Zelienople, PA Airport. This is an opportunity for local hot rodders, tuners, and enthusiasts of street legal vehicles to race their pride-and-joy's against others who share the same passion. The prize: bragging rights.
These nostalgic races begin with a flashlight signal. The drivers then propel their vehicles down the track/airport as fast as they can.