2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- 50TH Annual Porsche Parade and ConcoursThe Concours d'Elegance and Car Show, sponsored by Porsche AG and Porsche Cars North America at the 50th Porsche Parade in Hershey, PA were held on the golf course behind the historic Hotel Hershey. From this location, Parade attendees were able to enjoy an unparalleled, panoramic view of the surrounding Pennsylvania countryside, while viewing over 250 Porsches being judged. Additionally, over 70 historic and racing Porsches, some of which have not seen publicly in decades, occupied Fairway 1 in the Historic Porsche Exhibition. Many previous winners of PCA's coveted Manhattan Concours Award were also exhibited. Fairways 4 and 2, in the heart of the course, were the main arenas, where entrants in the Restoration, Preservation and Preparation Groups were judged. PCNA and PAG also had a special exhibition of Porsches.
- Peugeot 20CupExpressing Peugeot's new alignment with sport, the 20Cup is an innovative concept, both fun and dynamic: suggesting an elegant synthesis between two worlds – that of the motor car by its front aspect and that of the motorcycle by its single rear wheel. This sporty, three-wheel roadster, shown in two examples, differentiated only by colour, promises real driving pleasure through the strong sensations it evokes. Confirming its presence in high-level motor sport, Peugeot recently announced its new commitment to competition via the LMES Championship*. The 20Cup, in a more conventional form but drawing much of its inspiration from the saloon vehicle, will give Peugeot the basis for the development of a strong presence on the racing circuit.
- Cranberry Car CruisesThere were to separate gatherings in the Cranberry area. The first was the North Pittsburgh Corvette Club who assembled at the Smokey Bones restaurant. Another group meet at the North Park Church at the Heights parking lot.
- Nigro's Car Cruises, North VersaillesNigro's Restaurant, located in North Versailles, Pa, holds a car cruise every Tuesday during summer. There were DJ's, good food, and plenty of good fun.
There were lots of modified vehicles. Their proud owners stood close buy as on-lookers admired their creations.
- Castle Village Car CruiseThis car cruise was held in the Whitehall Caste Village Shopping Center. It is one of Pittsburgh's largest Sunday car cruise. There is something different each week with interviews from owners and special events that are put on by the Caste Village Merchants.
- Franklin Park Car CruiseThis car cruise was held in Wexford PA. It was open to all makes and models.
Off route 79 and held in a gas station parking lot, the vehicles began assembling early. There was a DJ on-hand filling the airways with the classic favorite tunes of the 1950's and 1960s.
The meticulously maintained vehicles were aligned side-by-side. The atmosphere was relaxing and the vehicles were beautiful.
- GM Megacenter Cruise, Monroeville, PAThis cruise was held at the GM Megacenter located in Mornoeville, PA. This Cruise was open to all makes and models. There were many American vehicles such as the GTO's, Corvettes, Nova's and Impalas.
The classic music, great weather, and shiny automobiles made this a very relaxing and enjoyable event.
- Lotus Circuit CarThe prototype Lotus 'Circuit Car' will run for the first time at the oldest motorsport venue in the world, the Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb, during the Centenary celebrations. Based on the strong, stiff and lightweight aluminium chassis first seen on the Lotus Elise, and weighing in at around 650 kg, the single-seater car (with an option of two seats) has been designed and engineered solely for Track Days and Club Racing. The prototype car was designed and built in an incredible eleven weeks and production versions are scheduled to be built from mid 2006 in the world class production facilities at the Lotus headquarters in Hethel Norfolk.
- Le Belle Macchine d'ItaliaLe Belle Macchine d'Italia
Translation: The beautiful Machines of Italy
The 2005 Le Belle Macchine d'Italia was a three Italian automotive event held in the eastern part of Pennsylvania. Two days were dedicated to racing these machines around Pocono International Raceway's 2.5 mile road coarse. The third day was a Concorso held at the Pocono Mountains Skytop Lodge in Skytop, PA. It was the largest three day Italian automotive event in the United States.
- Renault Egeus ConceptAt the Frankfurt Motor Show, Renault is presenting its new Egeus concept car, a resolutely upmarket 4WD SUV with the seductive elegance and luxurious, comfortable interior of a saloon. Thanks to its SUV size, Egeus offers a spacious interior while its exterior promises solidity and a dynamic personality. The longer bonnet highlights a soft, flowing design worthy of an upper-segment coupé.
The elegance of a saloon, the dynamic personality of a coupé Egeus is the perfect combination of elegance and sportiness, power and solidity. Its design is a natural continuation of the previous concept cars Wind and Fluence and carries echoes of a top-of-the-range saloon. Its flowing, homogenous lines have nothing of the angular styling usually associated with an SUV.
- Monroeville Night OutThe 6th Annual Monroeville Night Out was held in the ExpoMart Parking Lot and featured over 90 exhibitors, food, music, free admission, fun things for kids to do, and dash plaques given to first 125 cars. This event was dedications to local police and military personnel. Even Monroeville's Mayor, Council, and Department Heads showed up at the event.
- Porsche Approves Four-Door Sports Coupe for 2009 LaunchThe Supervisory Board and the Board of Management of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, gave their approval today for the development and production of another Porsche model line. To be called Panamera, the new car will be a premium-class sports coupe with four seats, four doors, and a choice of front-mounted engines driving the rear wheels.
Scheduled to enter the market in 2009, the Panamera will be the fourth model line from the Stuttgart carmaker following the 911®, the Boxster® and the Cayenne®. The new car's name is derived from the legendary Carrera Panamericana long-distance race.
- PVGP Car ShowThe Schenley Park Auto Show was held on Saturday, July 16, the day prior to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. Throughout the day, the noise from the cars racing around the Schenley Park course could be heard as they completed practice or qualifying laps in preparation for the race the following day. The show complimented the PVGP by representing the beautiful classic automobiles that have shaped the automotive and racing industry while improving the technological and styling advancements that we enjoy today.
The show was free to the spectators, and was open to all special-interest vehicles. As part of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix's fund-raising mission, dollars were generated through generous sponsorship plus cruiser donations and sales of PVGP merchandise.