2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- Toyota A-BAT Hybrid ConceptToyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., returns to its compact pickup truck roots with its latest concept vehicle A-BAT. The environmentally advanced A-BAT provides modern versatility, roominess and style in a compact pickup architecture. The A-BAT made its debut in Detroit at the 2008 North American International Auto Show today.
'Driving from beyond the suburbs to the city is a way of life for many people,' said Kevin Hunter, president, Calty Design Research, Inc. 'We've taken Toyota's truck heritage to a different level by envisioning a vehicle capable of maneuvering the suburbs as well as dirt roads. This compact truck is as comfortable for long commutes as it is for road trips. It can accommodate outdoor toys and home improvement supplies. Plus, customers benefit from the hybrid powertrain's low emissions and fuel economy.'
- Vintage Motor Cars at HersheyFollowing on their success at many of their annual auctions held throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe, RM Auctions added another stop on their list; a location ripe with automotive enthusiasm but uniquely different from many of their other events. A large number of the cars were from the pre-World War I era, and most were in disrepair showing signs of a rough existence that has been beaten by time, weather, and the elements. One right after another, the cars were brought onto the stage in hopes of finding a kind soul who could make a bid worthy of the estimated value. Tires were shredded, and rust, dings, and dents occupied more surface area than the original paint. Boards were rotten, leather was hardened and cracked, and tires, at times, were even non-existent. Parts were missing or inoperable. In nearly every respect, the cars were a disaster and a tetanus shot waiting to happen.
As the cars were given their turn on stage, something singularly unexpected happened. Bidding quickly rose well above the estimated value, in many cases selling for three or four times the value it had been hoped, making all preconceptions a gross understatement. It was as though the worse the condition of the car, the higher the selling price. The cars with the concours quality restorations in perfect running order often did not fare as well and failed to conjure the same interest. Nevertheless, there was a mind boggling 97% of the consigned motor cars sold, totaling 12.3 million in sales. Only three of the 116 items offered for sale were unsold, the first 'non sale' was the 86th item to cross the block. About 80% were offered without reserve and 44 items were sold above the estimated value. The average sale of the day was about $108,800 US dollars. Needless to say, critiquing this auction is rather easy.
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1When it arrives next summer, the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 will be the most powerful and fastest production car ever produced by General Motors, with performance enabled by a new, supercharged 6.2L LS9 small-block V-8 engine.
Incorporating the engineering experience already found in the Corvette Z06's LS7 engine and the new-for-2008 6.2L LS3 of the Corvette, GM Powertain is targeting 100 horsepower per liter for the LS9, or 620 horsepower (462 kW), and approximately 595 lb.-ft. of torque (807 Nm); final SAE-certified power levels will be available in early March 2008.
It is, indeed, the ultimate small-block engine for the ultimate Corvette.
'When you experience the LS9 in the Corvette ZR1, the terms performance and refinement take on a new meaning,' said Tom Stephens, group vice president for GM Powertrain and Quality. 'The LS9 demonstrates an outstanding performance range, with smooth driveability at low speeds, and surprisingly fierce performance when the customer wants more power.'
The enabler of the LS9's performance is a new, large positive-displacement Roots-type supercharger – with a unique four-lobe design – developed for the engine by Eaton. It is teamed with an integrated charge cooling system that reduces inlet air temperature for maximum performance. The LS9 represents the first of several new, supercharged small-block engines that will be introduced in GM vehicles in the near future, each using superchargers of similar design.
- Duesenberg Model J and SJFred Duesenberg was a master of creating engines and was a creative designer. He had a talent for conceiving new ideas and ways of doing things. The engines he constructed were beautiful, mechanically sound, and advanced. E.L. Cord gave him one task: 'Create the best car in the world.' This was a very tall order and came at a very difficult time in history. The onset of the Great Depression and the Stock Market crash was just around the corner. Competition in the luxury car segment was fierce and involved all facets of the automobile. The cylinder wars that began in the 1920s and continued into the 1930s had marquee's trying to outdo each other on the bases of their engines output, number of cylinders, and the speed of their ultra-luxury automobiles. Styling continued to be very important and often outsourced to the greatest designers and coachbuilders of the time. Maruqee's such as Cadillac, Packard, Rolls-Royce, Hispano-Suiza, Isotta Fraschini, Bugatti, and others were all trying to out-do each other and continue in business during this difficult point in history.
The Duesenberg Model J was first unveiled to the public at the New York Car Show on December 1st of 1928. Only the chassis and engine were shown and it still impressed enough to make front page news. The wheelbase was 142-inches making it nearly 12 feet. The chassis had a six cross-members made it very sturdy and able to accommodate the heaviest of bodies. The engine had dual overhead camshafts and eight-cylinders with four valves per cylinder. It displaced 420 cubic-inches and produced an impressive 265 horsepower in un-supercharged form. The engine had been designed by Fred Duesenberg and constructed by the Lycoming Company, which had been recently acquired by E.L. Cord. There was a brilliant lubrication system which automatically lubricated various mechanical components after sixty to eighty miles. Two lights mounted on the dashboard indicated when the lubrication process was transpiring. After 750 miles, lights mounted on the dashboard would light-up indicating the oil required changing. After 1500 miles, the lights would illuminate indicating the battery should be inspected. Top speed was 119 mph and 94 mph in second gear. With the use of a supercharger, the top speed increased even further, to nearly 140 mph. Zero-to-sixty took around eight seconds with 100 mph being achieved in seventeen seconds.
- Hennessey Viper Venom 650RHennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) today announced that it is introducing the company's first high-performance upgrade system for the new 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10. Known as the Venom 650R, the engine modifications increase by 78 horsepower giving the Viper the ability to accelerate from 0 to 150 mph 1.5 seconds quicker (15.5 sec. versus 17.0 sec.) than the already factory-fast 2008 Viper that offers a stout 600 horsepower.
The Venom 650R package consists of custom fabricated long tube stainless-steel exhaust headers with 1 7/8-inch primary tubes flowing into 5-to-1 merge collectors. From there, the spent exhaust gases flow through aftermarket catalytic converters before traveling through a full 3-inch stainless-steel exhaust system fit with high-flow stainless-steel mufflers. Other performance upgrades include: K&N high-flow air filter element, 2-piece light-weight cross-drilled brake rotors (saving 8 lbs per corner), professional installation, dyno testing, Hennessey Venom Power floor mats and exclusive Hennessey Venom 650R exterior badges. Each Venom 650R has a serial numbered plaque located in the cockpit and under the hood. Rounding out the package, the Venom 650R will carry a full 3 year / 36,000 mile Hennessey warranty that will cover the modifications performed to the vehicle.
- Bitter VeroThe Bitter Vero is based on the Holden Statesman V8 and is basically a longer wheelbase Pontiac G8 with many refinements. It is the handwork of Erich Bitter, an individual who had a brief racing career and is well known for importing Italian cars into German. He began producing cars that bore his own name after Intermeccanica, his largest customer, production decreased. He resume includes helping Intermeccanica to create the Indra, a brand of vehicles that was based on the Opel and would later serve as the groundwork for his Bitter vehicles. Bitter produced vehicles from 1973 through 1989 using General Motors parts; since then several prototypes have been created with production resuming in 2007. Many had though that production would have begun a few years prior, after the CD II concept was unveiled at the 2003 General Motors Show. It was a car based on the Holden Monaro and Pontiac GTO. It was rumored that a Cadillac V12 may have been one of the engine options to lurk under the bonnet.
- BMW X6 Sports Activity CoupeBMW will once again introduce a ground-breaking idea to the world and the creation of a new segment with the debut of its all-new X6 Sports Activity Coupe at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show in January. The all-new vehicle redefines the very notion of a coupe -- with five doors and four sculpted seats, a higher ride and loads of cargo space. It defies coupe conventions in one jaw-dropping look, combining coupe agility and SAV versatility, taking the coupe to a higher level.
As the world's first Sports Activity Coupe, the BMW X6 will be available in two engine variants: the xDrive50i (4.4 V8 engine, 400 hp, 450lb.-ft torque) and the xDrive35i (3.0 inline six-cylinder engine, 300 hp, 300 lb.-ft torque), both with Twin Turbo and direct injection. The BMW X6 offers unique features and performance ability in a combination unmatched by any other vehicle. The new BMW X6's design combines the sporting elegance of a large BMW Coupe with the powerful presence of a BMW X model.
The BMW X6 comes as standard with BMW's intelligent xDrive all-wheel-drive technology with electronic control for variable distribution of drive power between the front and rear axles, consistently adjusted to driving conditions at all times and in all situations.
- Ferrari 212 Inter VignaleIn 1953 Ferrari introduced a new design built atop the 212 Inter chassis and bodied by the Turinese coachbuilder, Carrozzeria Vignale. These became known as the 'Geneva Coupe'. It featured jet-age styling elements such as the elegant fins and rakish roof line. The quarter bumpers sat unconventionally high at all four corners adding much to the dramatic appeal of the vehicles.
This Ferrari 212 Inter 'Geneva' Coupe is the earliest chassis of the six created in this style. It was brought to the San Remo, Italy Concours d'Elegance in 1954 and later shipped to the United states and delivered by Chinetti Motors to its first owner, a Milwaukee, Wi resident. The owner was Mr. Robert C. Wilke, the founder of the Leader Card Indianapolis racing team and owner of many coachbuilt Ferraris. While in Mr. Wilke's care, the engine block developed a crack. It was later replaced by Chinetti with a new block stamped 1499.
- Hummer HX ConceptScheduled for introduction at the 2008 North American International Auto Show, the HUMMER HX concept reflects the innovative minds of three new GM designers - David Rojas, Min Young Kang and Robert Jablonski - whose first assignment was to provide a vision for the future design of off-road vehicles.
Fresh out of the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Mich., the designers' first test in GM was to design a fun, nimble and innovative HUMMER concept.
'HUMMER appeals to young people globally and served as a perfect first assignment for our newest talent,' said Ed Welburn, vice president of global design and product planning. 'Today's graduates from top design schools are ready to hit the ground running. The HUMMER design challenge gave our newest designers an opportunity to sprint.'
- Nissan FORUM ConceptA Suite of Technological Innovations. Nissan North America's advanced minivan design study, the Nissan FORUM Concept, offers an array of innovative family communications systems – including an advanced Bose Media System with proximity sensor-based information controller, a one-button audio muting system, 2nd and 3rd row monitoring cameras, and individual seat-mounted speakers for every row. Created at Nissan Design America in La Jolla, Calif. and Farmington Hills, Mich., the FORUM Concept makes its public debut at the 2008 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January.
- Land Rover LRX ConceptLand Rover unveils a vision of its future at the NAIAS (Detroit Show) in January 2008, with the world debut of the LRX concept - a bold evolution of Land Rover design that signals the brand's shift into new areas of the market, while remaining true to its core values. As the company prepares to celebrate its 60th anniversary during 2008, the three-door LRX, with its more compact size, lighter weight and sustainability-focused technologies, clearly addresses the needs of a changing world.
'The LRX concept delivers the powerful message that we are as serious about sustainability as we are confident about the continuing relevance and desirability of our vehicles,' says Phil Popham, Land Rover's managing director. 'LRX is in every respect a Land Rover, but it's a very different Land Rover.
'LRX has unmistakable Land Rover design and the breadth of capability that you'd expect from our vehicles. But it carries those essentials into a segment where the brand has never been before, and with a proposed level of efficiency that would make it one of the cleanest vehicles in its class. It is Land Rover's way of affirming the brand's responsible approach to future product development. At this stage, LRX is purely a concept, designed to help us develop our thinking as well as gauge customer reaction - but this feels like a hugely exciting direction to take.'
- Monterey Sports and Classic Car AuctionThe event is called the 'Monterey Sports and Classic Car Auction' and it is held at the Portola Plaza Hotel and Monterey Conference Center presented by RM Auctions. Other activities that go on during this time are the Pebble Beach Concours and the Monterey Historics, to name a few. 'Sports and Classic Car' describes this event rather well, covering the majority of vehicles up for sale. Most of the cars were pre-1975, accounting for the 'Classic', and many had a racing pedigree or were intended for competition, thus the 'Sports'. With Pebble Beach and Monterey in close proximity, this was a very fitting stable of vehicles.
Vespa's, trucks, dragsters, hot rods, LeMans racers, concept cars, roadsters, woodies, tributes, Microbus, motorcycles, and even a police car were but a few of the nearly 200 vehicles to cross the block. What was amazing about this auction was the record-breaking $46 million in total sales with 92% of the consigned vehicles sold and 9 vehicles topping the $1 million mark. The highest sale was the 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Spyder California which sold for an astonishing $4.95 million. With the number of quality cars to cross the block, this is truly one of the best auctions of the year.
- Edo Competition Porsche Carrera GTIntroduced at the Frankfurt International Motor Show two years ago, the Carrera GT was the undisputed highlight of the event. Now, Carrera GT owners have the opportunity to make this expensive and rare Porsche even more sporting and exclusive than it already is. This unbelievable excess of power and individuality is made by edo competition Motorsport.
With the Stage 3 system inplace, the car is capable of 770 horsepower and can achieve a top speed of 365 km/h. The 3-way adjustable edo/KW Competition shock absorbers and sports suspension systems are designed for motorsports. There are Recaro leather sport seats and 6-point harnesses.
All these modifications are performed at their headquarters in Ahlen/Germany.
- Kruse International at Hershey, PAKruse International broke records in Hershey, Pennsylvania in 2007 with some highly heated bidding wars at the 7th Annual Hershey Auction held at the Giant Center sponsored by the AACA National Museum for 7 consecutive years.
From Chevy Corvettes to the Simca One Concept Car to the 1932 Duesenberg, hands were up bidding on every car that crossed the block. There was something for everyone at this year's Hershey auction. Whether you were there just to view some beautiful cars, or add more to your collection, Kruse had something to thrill everyone in the audience. Kruse sold 72% with a sales total of $6 million.
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage RSAt the official opening of Aston Martin's first ever dedicated design center in Gaydon, Warwickshire, on Tuesday 11 December, Dr Ulrich Bez, Chief Executive Officer, thrilled an audience of more than seven hundred VIP guests with a surprise unveiling of a stunning new 600bhp performance concept car; the V12 Vantage RS.
The V12 Vantage RS concept is based on Aston Martin's critically acclaimed V8 Vantage coupe, but the company's design and engineering team have fully exploited the design flexibility of their unique VH architecture and the motor sport development of their 6.0 litre V12 engine to create a dramatic and production feasible concept car focussed on extreme performance and dynamics.
In a speech to the assembled guests, Ulrich Bez said: 'Over the last five years, we have established a reputation for presenting fully functional, feasible concept cars, and the V12 Vantage RS is no exception. We will listen with interest to feedback on this concept and, as ever, if there is sufficient demand then we will seriously consider a low volume production run in the near future with a price that will reflect the exclusivity of the car.
'With our dedicated production facilities, our own engine plant, our own unique vehicle architecture and now a dedicated design studio, we have the ideal framework to bring new models such as this to market and to further establish Aston Martin as the ultimate independent luxury sports car company.'
- Mazda Furai ConceptMazda Motor Corporation will showcase the world premieres of the Mazda Furai concept vehicle and the heavily revised 2009 Mazda RX-8 sports car at the 2008 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), to be held in Detroit from Sunday, January 13 through Sunday, January 27, 2008. On the heels of its show-stopping debut at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show in October, the Mazda Taiki concept vehicle also will make its North American debut, the first time it has been shown outside Japan.
Inspired by the fact that, on any given weekend, there are more Mazdas and Mazda-powered cars road-raced in the United States than any other brand, the Mazda Furai (Japanese for 'sound of the wind' and pronounced 'fu-rye') is the sort of car that could only come from a company that incorporates the 'Soul of a Sports Car' into everything it builds, but with an eye toward the future and the environment through the use of 100% ethanol produced in partnership with British Petroleum (BP).
- Porsche 911 GT3 CupThe new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is entering the 2008 motorsport season with engine output increased to 420 bhp. The car will be raced in the Porsche Mobil1 Supercup, the world's fastest international brand trophy, and worldwide in national Porsche Carrera Cups and GT3 Cup Challenges. 265 units of this production-based racing car developed in Weissach will be built on Porsche's production line in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, marking a new record for a car of this category.
The most significant modification compared with last year's model is the new rear end following the design of the production model. Air venting slits ensure better dissipation of heat at the rear. The 3.6-litre six-cylinder boxer engine developed in Weissach is also based on the street-legal GT3 and develops maximum output of 420 bhp, 20 horsepower more than on the previous model. The sequential six-speed transmission with interruption of engine power enables the driver to shift up under full throttle without disengaging the clutch. The transmission itself has been optimised and the gear ratios adjusted to the characteristics of the engine. Weighing 1,150 kg in race trim, the new 911 GT3 Cup has a power-to-weight ratio of 2.7 kg per horsepower.
- Renault R26It is said, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' Tweaking, however, is another matter altogether. Coming into the 2006 season, Renault already had the chassis. The team also had the jockey capable of riding the wild pony to victory. So, it wasn't that all surprising when Renault unveiled its 2006 challenger, the R26, it didn't bear too much of a difference to its championship winning predecessor, the 2005 R25. However, before the end was up Renault would constantly have to fiddle with its design to make sure their drivers had a competitive car race after race. After all, McLaren-Mercedes showed greater pace toward the end of 2005 than Renault, then also there was that man named Schumacher everybody expected to re-emerge from obscurity.
Once again, the R26 sported the blue and yellow livery that had become synonymous with Renault, and as with 2005, would be piloted by then reigning world champion Spaniard Fernando Alonso with the second car driven by the Italian Giancarlo Fisichella.. The R26 revealed, however, a tighter package, a much more streamlined chassis to help with the ever troublesome details of controlling airflow and adding downforce but without increasing drag. While styling remained very much similar, the constant tweaking, even of a successful product, was evident.
The nose, at the time of the launch was more-narrow than that of its predecessor. The front wing was also more dramatic, with its deep scoop and contoured leading edges. The nose also included the half upper-cascading wing Renault introduced late in the 2005 season. The radiator sidepods were similar in appearance to the R25 but much more shapely and tighter from down by the splitter under the driver's legs all the way back to the rear diffuser. The chimneys and T-wing on the sidepods were also slightly altered. The engine cowling itself had a more-gentle, rather constant slope given the redesign of the airbox. Although a minor detail, it is also interesting the mid-span wing attached to the trailing edge of the engine cowling was not included in the design of the R26. However, the rear wing sported much more contoured leading edges and wing shapes.
- AC Schnitzer ACS3 SportWhen beads of perspiration form on the brow of experienced sports car drivers, it's not necessarily down to a faulty air conditioning system. With the 420 V8-HP of the BMW M3, the ACS3 Sport catapults even its keenest challengers into the rear view mirror. The sporting coupé is ideal for anyone seeking to gain advantage on twisting tracks. A normal M3 would be a tough competitor here, because in comparison with the 'civilised' 3-series Coupé it has a totally different axle construction. With racing suspension developed on the legendary Nürburgring, AC Schnitzer has succeeded in refining the handling potential of the chassis even further. And fitted with the Short Shift from Aachen, the ACS3 Sport becomes the automotive hero of the day: No-one is changing gears faster!
- Ferrari 248 F1In 2005 the prancing horse pulled up lame. Were it not for Michelin's embarrassment and subsequent withdraw of the teams they supplied with tires, Ferrari may not have even scored a single victory. The once dominant Michael Schumacher seemed to have to do all he could to even place. At the beginning of the 2006 season the Ferrari 248 F1 looked like a young thoroughbred; there were bursts of speed and some flickers of former glory. By the middle-to-late part of the season not only did the prancing horse come of age, it may very well have been the most dominant car on the track.
The 2006 chassis carried on many of the traditions of Ferrari styling that started back in 2001. And while the 248 F1 would undergo many refinements throughout the season it still bore many similarities to its predecessors. Most obvious of those carry-over designs was the styling of the nose. The wide nose and slope seemed almost unchanged from the 2005 design but a closer look revealed many major refinements to those familiar Ferrari lines. Of course, one of the more obvious changes occurred in the cockpit rather than to the outside of the car. Rubens Barrichello departed Ferrari to drive for BAR Honda. So to drive the second car Ferrari hired Brazilian Felipe Massa to be Michael Schumacher's teammate.
At the time of the launch, the biggest concern in design centered around the V-8 fitted under the hood instead of the V-10 that normally had to be compensated for. At the time of the launch the 248 also carried the extra box wing attached to the underside of the front wing directly under the nose just like it did during the 2005 season. While the overall look seemed similar there were quite a few other drastic (in Formula One terms) changes. The nose sat a little higher. And while the width of the nose seemed about the same as the F2005, the nose was thinner giving the 248 F1 a sharper beak. The front wing had minor changes to it. But from the wheels back there were some wholesale changes.
- The Ferrari 248 F1In 2005 the prancing horse pulled up lame. Were it not for Michelin's embarrassment and subsequent withdraw of the teams they supplied with tires, Ferrari may not have even scored a single victory. The once dominant Michael Schumacher seemed to have to do all he could to even place. At the beginning
- Brabus SLR Mclaren RoadsterIs it possible to make a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster even more exclusive and individual? BRABUS (www.brabus.com) proves that the topless Mercedes supercar can be made even sportier and more exciting with its sophisticated customization program.
To give the two-seater even more striking looks while at the same time minimizing lift on the front axle, the BRABUS designers have developed a front spoiler that attaches to the production bumper. The spoiler is made from exposed carbon fiber and its shape was fine-tuned in the wind tunnel. It is especially lightweight and extremely tough. A corresponding BRABUS rear diffuser made from exposed carbon fiber can replace its production counterpart.
The sporty BRABUS outfit for the SLR Roadster is dominated by BRABUS Monoblock VI 20-inch wheels that fill the wheel houses perfectly. The fully polished multi-piece wheels feature six double spokes and are mounted on the sports car in size 9.5Jx20 in front and size 11.5Jx20 on the rear axle. High-performance tires in sizes 255/30 ZR 20 and 305/25 ZR 20 are supplied by BRABUS technology partners Pirelli and YOKOMAMA. This low-profile tire/wheel combination is custom-tailored for the SLR coupe and roadster and benefits not only the car's appearance but also its handling.
- The Hilton Head Sports & Classic Car AuctionNestled in the heart of sunny South Carolina and just miles from the Atlantic Ocean was the Sports and Classic Car Auction presented by The Worldwide Group. Over 100 vehicles were listed for sale and as the gavel struck for the final time of the day, around 90% had been sold. A large number of the vehicles, around 40 of them, were from a single collection, being auctioned from the estate of the late Walter B. Satterthwaite. Mr. Satterhwaite was a passionate collector who had acquired an impressive stable. The auctioning of Mr. Satterhwaite's collection was a fitting memorial to a great admirer of the automobile and an opportunity by many to enjoy his collection once again.
With over 100 vehicles for sale, the group was well diverse, containing cars from many eras of automobile production. A large amount were from the 1950s and 1960s, which were a glorious period for styling and horsepower advancements. In the horsepower sports-car department, there were around 15 Corvettes, Mustangs, and Thunderbirds combined. Stumbling upon a Peerless automobile is a rare occasion; the Worldwide Group Auction had three. From across the pond their were the Austin-Healeys, MG's, Jaguars, Lotus, and Triumph's, to name a few. Porsche, Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz made up the German contingent with the 356A 1600 Speedster being the highlight from this group. In the modified category there was a custom Ford Model A Boattail Roadster 'EJ Walton Special' made from aluminum with extensive modifications throughout. There was a Shelby Cobra 429 Tribute equipped with a Ford V8 engine and many convenience features such as an automatic gearbox and factory air conditioning. In the 'all-terrain' category there were three Jeeps and one Willy's Jeepster.
A very broad selection of vehicles that nearly guaranteed to satisfy the need, no matter what it might have been.
- Aston Martin Vantage N24 Asia CupAston Martin is launching an exciting new one-make race series for Asia. This follows the announcement of two new Aston Martin dealerships in Shanghai and Beijing.
Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance and sprint races in Europe and the Middle East.
The AMAC will include a variety of 30 minute sprint races and longer endurance races, some of which will support Formula One events in the region. The series will provide a stable, well-regulated racing environment with competitive racing in equal equipment provided by the series' organisers. Competitors will be able to ‘arrive and drive' thanks to a comprehensive service package which includes: engineers and technicians, logistical support, hospitality and accommodation, race entry, and a comprehensive spare parts package. Drivers may be able to enter with their own teams, subject to approval by the series organisers.
- Koenigsegg CCXR Special EditionDue to request from certain Koenigsegg Clients and Customers, Koenigsegg has created a Limited Edition version of it's sought after cars.
The Koenigsegg Edition comes in two limited versions, the CCX and CCXR models.
It features a 5.0L twin supercharged Koenigsegg engine, together with many other unique features. The car is more track biased compared to the standard models, as it has stiffer springs and anti-roll bars, reset dampers and lowered chassis. It also features a fully visible carbon body a large adjustable rear wing, larger front splitter and side strakes for increased down force and a unique forged wheel design.
The interior is also reworked and features; color matched leather carpets, Edition side step plates, Edition chronograph instrument cluster, New edition only layout for the center consol control panels.