2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- Kleemann GTK ConceptIn 2004, KLEEMANN made ambitious plans for creating unique and exclusive KLEEMANN sportscars. Now, after 3 years of design and development, KLEEMANN bring their vast technology know-how and experience to the next level by introducing the GTK concept car.
KLEEMANN, best known for their long experience in Kompressor technology and exclusive styling products for Mercedes-Benz cars, now enters the battlefield of the exclusive sportscar manufacturers. This was made possible when KLEEMANN employed the internationally experienced car designer Christian Brandt. Christian has headed the top secret GTK design project, which was not only a sportscar project, but also a design and technology development platform for future KLEEMANN performance and styling solutions for Mercedes-Benz cars.
- Pontiac G8 GT SEMA EditionDesigned for enthusiasts who are passionate about performance, the all-new Pontiac G8 performance sedan – arriving at dealerships in early 2008 – is the first North American application of GM's new global rear-wheel-drive architecture. The V8-powered G8 GT SEMA Edition was displayed at the '07 SEMA Show with a host of tuner-inspired custom touches, including a hot orange paint scheme with matching leather seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad.
Under the hood is the production 6.0L V-8, rated at 361 horsepower (268 kW) and 385 lb.-ft. of torque (520 Nm). A six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control backs the powerful small-block engine and complements a four-wheel independent suspension outfitted with unique 20-inch wheels and performance tires.
- Ferrari FXX EvoluzioneThe innovative FXX programme, based on the eponymous prototype car and launched by Ferrari in June 2005, is being extended to 2008/2009. The FXX, which is the most advanced GT ever created at Maranello, has been updated with an evolution package aimed at further improving its handling and performance. The package was developed as a result of Ferrari's collaboration with its Client Test Drivers and with the invaluable support of Michael Schumacher. The FXXs equipped with this package will also sport a new livery in addition to new rear wing profiles.
The FXX is not homologated for road use and there are no plans to compete with it either. In fact, the FXX prototype is designed exclusively for track driving as part of a specific R&D programme agreed with a selected group of just over 20 clients involving 14 group test sessions and 14 private ones in the last two years. Thanks to readings taken over the 16,500 kilometres of tests carried out in 2006 and the 18,500 kilometres covered in 2007, the modifications made to the car have focused on honing its aerodynamics, running gear and electronics. Seven-times Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher also joined the ranks of the client test drivers and gave the programme the benefit of his vast experience on several occasions.
- SEMA ShowToday's automakers are increasingly collaborating and partnering with the specialty-equipment industry, and they're turning to the annual SEMA Show to identify new trends and products.
At the 2007 SEMA Show being held October 30-November 2, 2007 in Las Vegas, Nevada, 14 automakers will be exhibiting with elaborate displays, many of them making major announcements and debuting new vehicles for the first time during the week. Open only to qualified trade professionals, the SEMA Show has become a must-attend event for the world's automakers. Unlike any other event in the auto show circuit, the SEMA Show is unique because it is truly a trade-only event catering to key decision makers, designers, media and businesses that form a powerful grassroots voice in the automotive industry.
'As the premier automotive accessories trade event in the world, the SEMA Show creates many opportunities for automakers,' said Carl Sheffer, vice president, OEM relations. 'The SEMA Show is a vital component of their marketing plan and is an effective way to reach a powerful audience.'
- Audi Metroproject QuattroAt the Tokyo Motor Show Audi is unveiling the metroproject quattro, an original, characteristically Audi design study for the sub-compact segment. The three-door four-seater car blends dynamic styling with exemplary economy of space and supreme quality in trailblazing fashion. At the same time, a series of visionary technical solutions take efficiency, dynamism and motoring pleasure into new territory as only Audi knows how.
The drive unit for the metroproject quattro showcases a fully independent, innovative hybrid technology. At work under the bonnet is a 1.4.litre TFSI engine developing 110 kW (150 bhp), whose power is directed to the front wheels by means of the S-tronic Direct Shift Gearbox. A 30 kW (41 bhp) electric motor positioned on the rear axle is able to deliver up to an additional 200 Nm of torque when the vehicle is accelerating. When boosting, in other words driving the vehicle simultaneously by TFSI and electric motor to achieve a dynamic driving style, the study is transformed from a front-wheel-drive car to a quattro, and power is transferred to the road in the most effective way possible.
- Hyundai Elantra Touring Beach Cruiser ConceptHyundai Motor America will show a colorful glimpse of the future when it takes the wraps off the Elantra Touring 'Beach Cruiser' Concept at the 2007 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) on October 30. The custom concept is derived from the all-new five-door Elantra Touring, which arrives in the U.S. in 2008, taking advantage of the strong resurgence in compact hatchbacks. The Elantra Touring Beach Cruiser Concept was customized by K-Daddyz Kustomz of Bakersfield, Calif., to capture this future model's high-functioning and fun-to-drive character.
- Nissan GT-RNissan Motor Co., Ltd., today announced the launch of the Nissan GT-R, a new multi-dimensional performance machine that lives up to the concept of 'an ultimate supercar for anyone, anywhere, at anytime'. The Nissan GT-R features a newly developed Premium Midship package, including the world's first independent transaxle 4WD developed independently by Nissan. The Nissan GT-R will be available in Japan mainly through Nissan High Performance Centers nationwide from December 6th.
The Nissan GT-R was developed with a new understanding and appreciation of the Earth's natural forces – gravity, inertial force and aerodynamics – and translates those forces into a completely new design, maximizing tire grip and airflow.
- Ultima GTR beats Top Gear Lap RecordBritish supercar manufacturers Ultima Sports Ltd have this week celebrated their 15th year anniversary in style by obliterating the Top Gear TV Lap Record by over four and a half seconds in their standard production Ultima GTR720 road car, which was a record previously held by the Swedish Koenigsegg CXX.
Driven by Ultima's own Stig, the standard production 200 + mph Ultima GTR720 equipped with fully e-marked road tyres which was driven to the test venue, recorded a blistering fully verified lap time of 1min12.8secs, demolishing the previous record held by the £415,000 Koenigsegg CXX of 1min17.6secs. The record attempt was organized by Ultima Sports Ltd themselves in conjunction with Plans Motorsport after apparently being overlooked by the producers at Top Gear TV over the last couple of years despite repeated approaches.
- BMW Concept 1 Series tiiBased on the new BMW 1 Series Coupé being presented to the world public for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, this fascinating design study is the consistent evolution of BMW's compact two-door with a clear focus on uncompromising sportiness. With its aerodynamically optimised body, a wide range of lightweight features serving to minimise the weight of the car and its axle load distribution, as well as an interior tailored specifically to the ambitious driver, this concept study clearly offers a high level of driving dynamics right from the start.
- Honda Accord Coupe HF-S ConceptAmerican Honda Motor Co., Inc., today announced that two factory-modified versions of the all-new 2008 Accord Coupe will be revealed at the 2007 SEMA show on October 30, 2007. SEMA attendees will see the first showing of the Honda Factory Performance version of the Accord Coupe along with the Accord Coupe HF-S Concept, a specialty concept created by Honda Access America, Inc., Honda's U.S. accessory development team. More details about both vehicles will be released at the SEMA show.
- Pontiac Solstice SD-290 ConceptA diverse array of customized and high-performance cars, trucks and SUVs again dominates the General Motors display at the 2007 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, but this time there is an underlying message: Green goes with mean.
Many of the 28 vehicles GM will bring to the annual convention of the automotive aftermarket performance and appearance industry either run on alternative fuels, such as E85 ethanol, or feature fuel-efficient performance without compromise. The lineup is headlined by an E85-powered Corvette Z06 owned by Jay Leno. The 'Tonight Show' host's new supercar boasts a custom, 500-cubic-inch engine that generates approximately 600 horsepower and is fueled solely by E85.
- Tokyo Motor ShowThe Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association ('JAMA,' Chairman: Fujio Cho) will hold the 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba City for 17 days from Friday, October 26 through Sunday, November 11 this year. The show will be opened to the public from Saturday, October 27, with two press days, Wednesday, October 24 and Thursday, October 25. The Special Guest Day (Opening Ceremony) will be on Friday, October 26.
The theme this year is 'Catch the News, Touch the Future.' Vehicles from all over the world that provide our lives with diversified joy and excitement in addition to a focus on the environment, safety and comfort will gather at the Tokyo Motor Show. This theme directly expresses that this show is the place to encounter exciting and thrilling vehicles, while also expressing the show organizer's wish to convey the 'joy and meaning of coming to the show.'
This show will feature a total of 520 vehicles, including 71 world premieres and 97 Japan premieres. In terms of the world premiere number, it will be among the world-leading international motor shows.
The new integrated show making its debut this year will encompass passenger cars, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, vehicle bodies, parts, and machinery and tools, for the first time in ten years, and will be held every other year hereafter. The Tokyo Motor Show aims to provide the maximum amount of information, all in one compact space where cutting-edge products and technologies gather, including many world premieres across a wide range of automotive categories.
- Chevrolet Camaro Convertible ConceptThe Chevrolet Camaro concept was the celebrated star of the American 2006 auto show season. Now, at the beginning of the 2007 auto show season, there is a new star rising: The Chevrolet Camaro convertible concept. It will be unveiled on the eve of the North American International Auto Show at GM Style, an exclusive, fashion-splashed event combining celebrities, couture and automobiles. Chevrolet already has announced production plans for the Camaro, which will go on sale in the US in 2009. A production convertible model will be added later that year.
The Camaro convertible concept is based on the original Camaro concept, with only minor changes required to accommodate the convertible body style. It shares exterior dimensions with the Camaro concept (L/W/H: 4,730/2,022/1,344 mm), although the convertible concept's windshield surround, which features a bright anodized finish, is changed slightly to accommodate the convertible top. The Camaro convertible concept is motivated by a torquey V-8 engine that rightly sends power to the rear wheels via a manual transmission. It also features a four-wheel independent suspension system and four-wheel disc brakes.
- Dodge Challenger ConceptThe 2006 Dodge Challenger concept resurrects another authentic American muscle car for the Dodge brand and continues to build on the success and heritage of the Hemi engine. ''This concept possesses the heritage and classic forms of the original Dodge Challenger,'' said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Chrysler Group Design. ''However, the ability to use the Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 series architecture as the concept's foundation allowed us to bring a new level of quality and fit-and-finish to a muscle car icon.''
- Ford Interceptor ConceptThe Ford Interceptor concept celebrates the best of American muscle with a four-door that marries 'Built Ford Tough' attitude with the sporty elegance of 1960s sedans.
The Interceptor concept's Ford Racing 5.0-liter Cammer engine runs on E-85 ethanol and produces 400 horsepower. This engine powered the Mustang FR500C to the 2005 Grand-Am Cup Championship in its first year of competition.
- Le Mansory Contental GTLE MANSORY, the limited edition of the widebody customization components. The word combination MANSORY and the famous french racetrack Le Mans are building the title of this modification range. And with the popular 24 hours race event coeval the limited quantity of 24 sets is figured out based on your Bentley Continental GT. A complete new front spoiler integrated with state of the art LED permanent daylights, extrem air intakes and so on the striking carbonfibre elements gives the bolide a true bred racing car trait.
- Mazda 3 MPS ExtremeBased on the top-selling Sports Pack luxury specification, the Mazda3 MPS Extreme has received engine, suspension and exhaust upgrades that improve the performance of the world's quickest hot-hatch by about twenty per cent.
Modified by Mazda Australia Motorsport Manager, Allan Horsley, this extreme makeover involves a recalculation to the car's Powertrain Control Module (PCM), allowing its standard 2.3-litre DISI turbo engine to generate a massive 210kW of power at 5300rpm and 425Nm of torque at 4400rpm.
Other modifications to the Mazda3 MPS include a free-flowing two-inch exhaust system and a sports muffler that will give this extreme car a suitability throaty exhaust note.
- Blackhawk Collection at HersheyAmong the many activities at this years Eastern Division AACA National Fall Meet is held in the Hershey, PA region were RM Auctions and the Blackhawk Collection. Both did a fantastic job of bringing some of the finest and most impressive vehicles of the weekend. One of the highlights of the RM Auction was the 1911 Oldsmobile Limited Touring which is the only unrestored and original example in existence. It is massive, with a 707 cubic-inch engine carefully concealed under the long bonnet. It exceeded sales expectations, selling for $1.6 million, including buyer's premium. Just down the hallway was the Blackhawk Collection consisting of some of the finest vehicles in the world. All were in excellent condition, fully restored or well treated since new, with many been judged Best in Show or class at the more competitive concours events.
For those who left the main attraction of the AACA meet and flea festival and ventured just a short distance away, their journey was well rewarded. If one had the necessary funds, these vehicles could leave under new ownership, as all the vehicles on display were up for sale. The Blackhawk Collection continues to prove that they are the 'Purveyors of Rolling Art.'
- Nissan Intima ConceptNissan's 'Modern Living Concept' for car interiors combines attractive design, hospitality, relaxation and high quality with high levels of functionality and advanced technology. To date, the Modern Living Concept has been successfully featured in Nissan production cars such as the Teana, Tiida and Sylphy. Now, the Intima saloon takes the Modern Living Concept into a new dimension with an interior that invites passengers into a stimulating world of artistic forms, materials and illumination.
Intima is equipped with a number of safety systems based on Nissan's Safety Shield* concept, including Around View Monitor and Distance Control Assist System (DCAS). It also features a quiet, efficient, environmentally friendly V6 clean diesel engine.
- Nissan RD/BX ConceptThe Nissan Round Box, with its compact convertible design, represents a new take on open-air motoring, providing exhilaration for all passengers - not just the driver - through its uniquely shared experience of fresh air stimulation, a sensation of speed and easy-to-use high-spec features. The Round Box features an environmentally friendly turbocharged direct injection gasoline engine mated to Nissan's advanced Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). It is also equipped with a number of safety systems based on Nissan's Safety Shield concept, including Around View Monitor and Distance Control Assist System (DCAS).
The inspiration for Round Box's interior, which features the ''right sized'' space to facilitate communication between the four occupants, was not another vehicle, but a social environment. ''The car was inspired by the lively atmosphere of a sports bar,'' explains Tatsuya Shiosaki of Nissan's Exploratory and Advanced Product Department. ''In a sports bar everyone is focused on the game for pure enjoyment. They are totally free of the pressure and tension felt by the players who are actually playing the game on the field. A sports bar affords an enjoyable, stress-free space where friends can experience a sense of togetherness. Simultaneously, they can enjoy thrilling excitement like being on a roller-coaster yet without any risk involved. That is the sort of emotive world the Round Box is intended to provide.''
- Toyota 1/X ConceptThe 1/X (pronounced 'one-Xth') is a concept vehicle that redefines from its very roots the idea of what it means to be environmentally considerate. Among its attributes, the vehicle-with a design that aims to harmoniously coexist with people and society-weighs only '1/Xth' that of other vehicles in its class.
- Honda CR-Z Concept'CR-Z' stands for 'Compact Renaissance Zero'-an expression intended to capture the idea of a renaissance in the design of compact cars that begins anew from fundamentals.
This design research model of a lightweight hybrid sports car features advanced technologies that deliver enjoyable driving for all while reducing the vehicle's environmental footprint.
Designed to be 'Futuristic and Dynamic', the CR-Z combines powerful performance in a compact form with a futuristic image. For its frontal view, an over-sized grill with a high-performance look is offset by openings on each side that lighten the overall feel. In the rear, tube-shaped rear combination lamps ensure better rearward visibility. Design details emphasizing the CR-Z's advanced image include door mirrors that provide high visibility in a stylish form, LED headlights patterned after luminous bodies to convey a sharp impression, and jauntyfin-shaped
- Honda PUYO ConceptPUYO' is a Japanese onomatopoeia that expresses the sensation of touching the vehicle's soft body. It is meant to convey a warm, friendly impression.
The PUYO represents a new idea in mobility that brings together ‘clean', ‘safe' and ‘fun' functionality in an environmentally responsible, people-friendly minimalist design featuring an ultra-high efficiency, small frame and fuel cell technology to please both users and onlookers alike.
The development theme for the PUYO exterior was to create a cornerless, ‘Seamless Soft Box' form that is kind to both people and the environment. The goal was to create a personable design with the feel of an adorable pet, while taking advantage of the maximum spaciousness of the box-shaped design. The PUYO's ‘gel body' features soft materials to promote greater real-world safety. Moreover, the body has been made luminescent to guide people into the proper operating position and notify them of the vehicle's condition, facilitating a more intimate relationship between people and their cars.
- Nissan Skyline CoupeNissan Motor Co., Ltd. today introduced the all-new Skyline coupe in Japan, a grand touring coupe designed to set new benchmarks for dynamic styling and outstanding driving performance. It is available now at Nissan dealers nationwide.
The new Skyline coupe builds on the strengths and attributes of the current Skyline sedan - attraction, sophistication and high-performance - and takes them to an even higher level. It combines dramatic styling and a refined, driver-oriented interior with the advanced performance made possible by a newly developed, innovative VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) 3.7-liter V6 engine and a high-performance platform to create a vehicle that will appeal the discerning coupe buyer.
- Volkswagen Touareg R50In a world premiere, Volkswagen will be presenting the Touareg R50 on October 11 at the Australian International Motor Show in Sydney. Its power of 258 kW / 350 PS (at 3,500 rpm) positions the new Touareg version among the most powerful SUVs in the world. The Touareg R50 can be ordered in Germany at prices starting at 88,260 Euro; it will be introduced to the market this November.
The engine characteristic of the Touareg R50 is marked by a torque level nearly unattainable by the competition: The V10 TDI of the Touareg R50 develops its enormous power of 850 Newton-meter at a low 2,000 rpm. The turbo diesel was derived from the well-known ten cylinder with 230 kW / 313 PS. Adjustments to its turbo charging and modified engine management enabled a 28 kW / 37 PS increase in power and a considerable 100 Newton-meter increase in maximum torque. Under these new parameters, the SUV accelerates to 100 km/h in just 6.7 seconds (production car: 7.4 seconds); its top speed is 235 km/h. In relation to engine power and vehicle size, the fuel consumption of the production ten-cylinder diesel equipped with a particulate filter is a moderate 9.6 liters per 100 km (highway) and 12.6 liters per 100 km (overall). Despite big gains in power and torque, its DIN fuel consumption values have remained constant compared to the Touareg V10 TDI.
- Christie's Exceptional Motor Cars at the Monterey Jet CenterThis years Christie's annual sale of International Motor Cars at the Monterey Jet Center featured sixty cars from celebrated marques, classis automobiles, and even a few that had ties to celebrity ownerships. Total expected sales was around 7.5 million, with the actual sale tally reaching $8,197,057.
The car that carried the most anticipation and excitement was the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso once owned, driven and raced by the legendary Steve McQueen. It was estimated to fetch between $800,000 - $1,200,000, with the final sale price for this brilliant automobile far exceeding expectations, selling for $2.31 million.
The sale was held during the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance and Monterey Historic Race week.
- Gemballa Carrera Mirage GTAround 1500 of Porsche's prestige product, the Carrera GT, have been built, all of which have now been sold. Owners worried about the individuality of their vehicle, in spite of its rareness, would be well-advised to make an appointment with GEMBALLA. Thanks to its expertise, as the only Porsche tuner GEMBALLA has comprehensively modified the high-tech car from Weissach, while at the same time adding an individual touch. In addition, performance addicts can obtain even more of what they want. The spectacular end product answers to the name of GEMBALLA Mirage GT and outshines its production-line counterpart in every respect.
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XMitsubishi Motors Corporation announces today that it will launch the Lancer Evolution X high-performance 4WD sedan, newest of the company's legendary vehicles, on October 1 at dealerships throughout Japan. Featuring a new platform, engine, and exterior and interior designs, the totally redesigned 2.0-liter model will carry a tax-inclusive price tag ranging from 2,997,750 to 3,750,600. Models fitted with the Twin Clutch SST transmission are due to be launched towards the end of November.
The development goal for the new Lancer Evolution X was to make the car as fast as possible, while also making it as safe to drive as possible. To that end Lancer Evolution X is loaded with the very latest in automotive engineering technology, including the S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) vehicle dynamics control system and the newly developed, power-efficient Twin Clutch SST (Sport Shift Transmission). Lancer Evolution X is a new-generation high-performance 4WD sedan that allows a new category of driver access to Mitsubishi's dynamic driving experience by underpinning speed with control, security and safety.
- Nissan Pivo 2 ConceptNissan Motor Co., Ltd., today unveiled the Pivo 2, an advanced electric concept car that will debut at the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show. Pivo 2 builds on the popularity of the first Pivo, shown at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show. Powered by advanced Compact Lithium-ion Batteries and featuring a unique rotating cabin - meaning no reverse gear required - the first Pivo became a cult hit at shows from Beijing to Geneva.
- Suzuki PIXY ConceptSuzuki will unveil a new people-focused vehicle concept at Tokyo called Sustainable Mobility.
It consists of a single seater low-speed transport pod called PIXY and a minicar-based mobility unit called the Suzuki Sharing Coach (SSC) which forms an automobile when paired with the PIXY.
PIXY and SSC together deliver personal, shared urban transportation in line with the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry's Next Generation Vehicle and Fuel Initiative, aimed at realizing the world's most people-centred motorized society.
- BMW 135i ConvertibleFor those whose definition of pure driving pleasure includes wind in the face and sunshine above, the new BMW 1 Series Convertible follows the tradition established by the iconic BMW 2002 sport sedan. The essence of such driving purity - a responsive six-cylinder engine positioned within a rear-drive chassis to provide balanced, sporty dynamics - is at the heart of this compact four-place convertible.
The 128i Convertible, which joins the new 1 Series Coupe going on sale in the spring of 2008, will be powered by BMW's 3.0-liter, 230 horsepower inline six-cylinder engine generating 200 lb-ft of torque. Like its fixed-roof stablemate, the 128i Convertible will feature Valvetronic valvetrain management and aluminum/magnesium cylinder block construction-core elements of BMW's EfficientDynamics.
- Jeep J8'Jeep vehicles made their original debut in 1941 for military duty, and have built their reputation with more than 65 years as the world's benchmark for off-road capability and versatility for civilian and military vehicles,' said Thomas Hausch, Vice President – International Sales, Chrysler LLC. 'The new Jeep J8 marks the brand's return to vehicle production for military and civilian government use – the same capability that makes the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited famous also makes the Jeep J8 a truly multipurpose vehicle.'
With the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as the starting point, Jeep engineers increased its capability and versatility. The frame of the Wrangler Unlimited is reinforced for increased ruggedness and to allow greater payloads – up to a maximum of 1,339 kg (2,952 lbs.). Axles, brakes and suspension components are engineered specifically for more demanding military and civilian government use, including utilizing a leaf-spring suspension system in the rear. The J8's Command-Trac® four-wheel-drive system allows maximum versatility and performance in both on- and off-road conditions.
- Mazda Taiki ConceptMazda Taiki continues the evolution of the Nagare design theme, following in the footsteps of the Mazda Nagare, Mazda Ryuga, and Mazda Hakaze concept vehicles. As the fourth in the series, Mazda Taiki further advances and refines the theme through a fusion of the Nagare (flow) design concept and real-world technologies, such as a next-generation rotary engine and enhanced aerodynamic performance. Mazda Taiki sets a new ideal for the front-engine rear-drive sports car of the future.
- Auburn 8-101The Auburn Automobile Company was founded in 1900 by the Eckhart brothers in Auburn, Indiana. By 1924, Errett Lobban Cord had become general manager of the struggling car maker, which formed the foundation upon which his automotive empire was built. In 1929, he gathered all of his diverse car related companies into on entity, The Cord Corporation. Auburn continued to produce quality cars at affordable prices until 1936. This Model 8-101A uses a Lycoming straight-8 on a 127-inch chassis. It has just returned from the 2007 A-C-D Festival.
This 1933 Auburn is an 8-101A four-door Convertible Sedan. In the rear is a trunk, though it varies in appearance to the modern-day trunk. The car has dual mounted side spare tires with mirrors attached on both spares. It is in excellent condition, and was shown at the 2007 Eastern Concours of the United States.
- Ferrari 500 TR'TR' stands for 'testa rossa', red head in Italian. Red was the color of the valve covers on the new Ferrari four-cylinder engine introduced in 1956. The 500 TR is the origin of the classic Ferrari racing model name and is one of only 17 made. It has a 1984cc inline-4 with dual overhead cams that produce 180 horsepower at 7000 rpm. The body is by Scaglietti. This fabulous race car has a long and successful racing career and was recently exhibited at the 2007 Concoros Italiano.
- Meadow Brook Concours d'EleganceThe 29th year of the Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance, honoring some of the greatest automobiles ever created, was held in August just a short time ago. The theme was 'The Art That Moves Us', a celebration of the beauty and power of the automobile. The concours was staged on the lawn of the Meadow Brook Hall, considered by many to be one of America's castles and is the fourth largest residence in the country.
The Meadow Brook Concours always conjures up thoughts of 'So many vehicles, so little time.' It is a one day concours for enjoying hundreds of automobiles and motorcycles that span so many decades, tell so many stories, and express so many different facets of style and art. The participating car clubs, RM Auctions, and many other activities that transpire throughout the week make this one of the greatest of its kind in existence.
- Pierce-Arrow Silver ArrowPierce-Arrow enjoyed remarkable prestige and standing from the earliest days of American motor cars. The original Silver Arrow was built for the Chicago Worlds Fair in 1933. Its streamlined styling was the most advanced of the day. It is powered by a 12-cylinder engine of 175 horsepower, and priced at a then huge sum of $10,000. Only ten copies were built, of which three now exist. This car was the 'Best of Show' at Radnor Hunt in 2004.
- Roush 428R MustangRoush Performance continues to pay tribute to Ford's legendary history with the 428R Mustang, a limited edition pony car which follows in the tremendous success of their 427R model introduced in 2007.
'We are continuing to honor and celebrate the heritage of the proudest models of Ford racing history - the 427, 428 and 429 (engines),' stated Jack Roush. 'These are iconic numbers in the Ford world and it is an honor to put them onto Roush Mustangs and insert them back into the muscle car world.'
'The 427R is easily the most popular Mustang model that Roush has ever introduced to the market,' said Joe Thompson, Roush Performance's vice president and general manager. 'That vehicle will remain the cornerstone of our lineup, but to celebrate Ford's history of automotive breakthroughs we will build a 428R in 2008 and a 429R in 2009. These cars are intended to be a collector's edition with limited production that pays respect to Ford Muscle Car history.'
- SSC Ultimate Aero TTShelby Supercars (SSC), manufacturer of the ultra high-performance Ultimate Aero Twin Turbo, set the new 'World's Fastest Production Car' record earlier today with an average top speed of 255.83 mph. Confident of the 1183 hp vehicle's abilities, SSC set out to validate their top speed claim in accordance with the strict guidelines set by Guinness World Records. Among other requirements, in order to meet Guinness' approval, a vehicle testing for the top speed record must drive down the course, turn around, and make a second pass in the opposite direction within one hour. The vehicle's official 'top speed' is calculated by averaging the top speeds of each pass in order to negate any favorable road or weather conditions. Today, on a temporarily-closed 2 lane stretch of public highway in Washington State, the Ultimate Aero posted a top speed of 257.11 mph (413.83 kph) on its first pass and 254.55 mph (409.71 kph) on its return pass, yielding a new top speed record: a staggering 255.83 mph (411.76 kph). The data, collected by Dewetron's world-renowned GPS tracking system, will be verified by Guinness before the Ultimate Aero is officially crowned the 'World's Fastest Production Car.' This breaks the current official record held by the Koenigsegg CCR at 242 mph by 11.83 mph and the Bugatti Veyron's unofficial speed of 253 mph by 3.11 mph.
- Suzuki Kizashi ConceptWith the Swift, Suzuki began the first phase of its world strategy and gave undiluted form to the attribute that was the theme of the first phase: sportiness.
The Swift won awards around the world by virtue of its superior dynamics and design. Suzuki subsequently pursued sportiness in the Grand Vitara and SX4, and both cars enjoy enormous success.
The Splash is making its world debut at the 2007 Frankfurt show and will become the first model in the second phase of Suzuki's world strategy. In this phase, the theme is families. Having focused on sportiness in the first phase, enhancing Suzuki's image in the process, Suzuki is now building upon what they have already achieved while refocusing on its main traditional strength: family-oriented user-friendliness. The next model coming after the Splash is the next-generation Alto, which combines environmental compatibility with agility.
- Toyota iQ ConceptThe iQ concept represents a paradigm shift in small car design, a concept car that challenges conventional thinking of automotive hierarchies: small yet spacious, premium yet small. Realized through the vision of an ultra compact, highly space efficient, environmentally friendly vehicle that maximizes the urban lifestyle of Europe's fashionable metropolitan dwellers.
The iQ concept was created at ED2, Toyota's advanced European design studio in the south of France, working under the Toyota design philosophy of Vibrant Clarity – design that is forward looking, intelligent and energetic while retaining a clarity of purpose and function.