2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- The Lotus 76While Colin Chapman would certainly have to be regarded as an innovative genius, such a reputation would not be built entirely without some concepts having proven to be less than stellar. Unfortunately, the Lotus 76 would be one such example of Chapman coming up short.
Part way through the 1970 Formula One season Colin Chapman would debut his latest chassis. Adorned in innovative aerodynamics, the Lotus 72 was far ahead of its rivals when it made its debut in 1970. However, there were still some things the Lotus 72 had to have worked out before it would become the championship winning car history would record.
- The ATS 2500 GTWith a sleek body designed by Franco Scaglione and mechanicals by ex-Ferrari virtuosos Carlo Chiti and Giotto Bizzarrini, the ATS set the motoring world reeling with the first mid-engine Italian sport and GT car. Chiti and Bizarrini were part of the 'palace revolt' at Ferrari, which resulted in Enzo's firing of six key employees in 1961 over complaints of his wife's meddling. The six ex-Ferrari men immediately set out to seek financing to start their own Formula One and GT car venture.
- The ATS Tipo 100There are confident, bold claims based upon intuition and gut feelings, and then there are asinine predictions made on the basis of bitterness and revenge. While such frustrations may be justified, the later prediction rarely turns out good for the offended party. And in the case of Automobili Turismo e Sport, it meant one of the biggest embarrassments in Formula One history.
It was no real surprise that Enzo Ferrari wasn't exactly the greatest 'people person' in the world. He was certainly a great engineer and designer and that doesn't necessarily translate into a great person with other people. More than a few people would be frustrated in their time of employment under Ferrari. However, at the end of the 1961 season Ferrari would suffer his worse fallout ever.
- 1955 MOTORAMA LaSALLES TO DEBUT AT AMELIAThe LaSalle show cars built for the 1955 General Motors Motorama will be featured at the 18th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 10, 2013. Presented by Chubb Personal Insurance in partnership with the Bortz Auto Collection, Highland, Park, Illinois, the two cars, an unrestored sedan and the newly restored roadster, will be seen in public for the first time in 57 years.
'Joe Bortz has been on the cutting edge of dream car discoveries for over 40 years', commented Bill Warner, Chairman of the Amelia Concours, ' and he has done a fantastic job of restoring the roadster. It is absolutely stunning and we feel fortunate that he has chosen Amelia to unveil this significant dream car from the fifties'.
- New Ford Taurus Delivers More Fuel Efficiency, Technology, Design Refinement and Even Better Driving DynamicsThe new Ford Taurus delivers more of what large sedan customers really want for the 2013 model year – wîth even better fuel economy, more technology, design refinement, improved craftsmanship and enhanced driving dynamics.
'We have significantly upgraded Ford's flagship sedan through obsessive attention to detail,' said Mark Fields, Ford's president of The Americas. 'The new Taurus builds on the transformation we achieved in the 2010 model. Delivering so many upgrades so soon further underscores Ford's leadership and commitment to delivering high-quality, fuel-efficient cars for our customers.'
- The JBW F1 CarsIn the world of motor racing there are privateers, and then there are privateers. On the one hand you have those that would fall into the former category. These privateers would be merely happy with competing and would purchase entire race cars and components in order to ensure the easiest way to go racing. However, there are those that fall into the later category. Such privateers would come about as close as one could get to being their own manufacturer. In the case of Brian Naylor and his JBW Cars effort, he would definitely fall into the later category.
Based in Stockport, outside of Manchester, England, Brian Naylor would, by no means, be a small time player in the motor trade. By the 1950s, Naylor would oversee no less than six companies. He would need, and take advantage, of every single one of them too as he would look to begin a racing career that would kick off in 1953 and would run until 1961.
- 1955 MOTORAMA LaSALLES TO DEBUT AT AMELIAThe LaSalle show cars built for the 1955 General Motors Motorama will be featured at the 18th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 10, 2013. Presented by Chubb Personal Insurance in partnership with the Bortz Auto Collection, Highland, Park, Illinois, the two cars, an unrestored sedan and
- Buick LaCrosse Sedan Blends Elegance And EfficiencyThe Buick LaCrosse luxury sedan introduced Buick's reinvented passenger sedan lineup that now includes the Regal and Verano. Its sculpted design, craftsmanship, premium materials and advanced technologies have helped change consumers' perceptions about Buick.
LaCrosse is available in a five trim levels, including LaCrosse (1SB), Leather (1SL), Premium I (1SP), Premium II (1SR) and Touring (1ST) trim levels.
- The March 761BSuccess is found in the details. When two teams invariably compete with the same equipment, success will come down to the team that exploits every single detail possible. And it would be in the details in which March's 761B would be discerned from its predecessor. And, unfortunately, it would be the details that would mean the difference between success and failure.
Max Mosley, Alan Rees, Graham Coaker and Robin Herd each pitched in £2,500 of their own money to begin a car production business that would provide competitive chassis to customers competing in all categories of racing. Thus, M.A.R.C.H. would be born.
- Williams FW05Williams is now one of the most respected names up and down the Formula One paddock. However, back in 1976, Williams would be just the latest in an unsuccessful line of privateer teams to make an appearance in Formula One. Little did anyone know the former Hesketh chassis would lead to multiple World Championships and a reputation as one of the series' best.
Frank Williams would realize his days as a driver had come to an end. Still, he knew full well that his real talent lay in running a racing team and financing the careers of young, talented drivers. Williams' first foray into Formula One would be successful with Piers Courage taking a couple of 2nd place results in a Brabham BT26A that Williams had purchased.
- Chrysler Brand Launches Advertising Campaign for the New 2013 Chrysler 300 Motown EditionThe Chrysler brand is continuing to build upon the heart, soul and the passion of Detroit wîth a new 60-second commercial titled 'Who We Are.' The commercial showcases the new 2013 Chrysler 300 Motown Edition and features legendary Motown founder and Detroit native Berry Gordy, taking you through his journey from humble beginnings in Detroit to the bright lights of New York's Times Square and home of the new Broadway show 'Motown: The Musical.' The ad 'Who We Are' will make a broadcast debut on Thurs., Dec. 20.
- New special model: the Golf Plus LIFEVolkswagen is launching a highly attractive special model of the Golf Plus: the Golf Plus LIFE. This latest model comes wîth a comprehensive set of features and is thus perfectly tailored to customers' wishes. Prices start from €21,200 for the 1.4-litre petrol-engine version (59 kW / 80 PS). Compared to a standard range model wîth comparable specification the price advantage is at most €3.400.
With over 850,000 units sold, the Golf Plus has established itself as a successful member of the Golf family. Vehicle body height, flexibility and functionality are defining features of this five-door car. The Golf Plus is particularly popular wîth customers who appreciate the model's level of comfort. An example: the raised seat position, from which driver and front-seat passenger benefit when getting in and out and which also provides a much clearer overview in traffic.
- McLAREN GT WRAPS UP COMPETITIVE DEBUT SEASON WITH 12C GT3 AND CONFIRMS ADDITIONAL CARS FOR 2013 CAMPAIGN•19 victories and 19 further podium finishes in competitive debut season
• Additional 12C GT3s to be built to compete during the 2013 season
•Short video of the 12C GT3 in its competitive debut season available to view at the official McLaren Automotive YouTube channel:http://youtu.be/72jgg4BqYs
- RALLY AMERICA, USAC TEAM FOR 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPRally America, Inc. and USAC will partner in 2013 to present the Rally America National Championship, a seven- event series spanning the country between January and October.
The one-year agreement announced today expands USAC's diverse calendar of motorsports entities which has included various
- NISSAN PRODUCTION, SALES AND EXPORT RESULTS FOR NOVEMBER 2012Nissan's global production in November decreased 10.9% year-on-year to 394,772 units.
Production in Japan decreased 22.1% year-on-year to 93,607 units, mainly due to the rebound in production after the impact of the earthquake in Japan last year.
Production outside of Japan decreased 6.8% ye
- RM Group of Companies Enjoys Significant Growth and Record $360 Million in Auction Sales During 2012The RM group of companies, incorporating RM Auctions and Auctions America, continued its successful sales run in 2012, generating more than $360 million* in total sales to cement its position as the world's largest collector car auction company. Eclipsing its record-setting performance of 2011, the impressive 2012 results represent an all-time high for the hobby and include the sale of more than 3,000 vehicles at 20 separate events in four countries.
'2012 has been another year of great performance and significant growth for the RM group of companies. Our two auction companies, each with their own brand identity, achieved their best performances to date in 2012 and enabled us to once again seamlessly serve the entire spectrum of the collector car market and offer enthusiasts a broad range of venues to best match their automobiles,' says Rob Myers, Chairman & Founder, RM group of companies. 'The results achieved in 2012 reflect not only a continued healthy market for quality collector cars, but also the expertise of our car specialists, the largest and most experienced team in the industry, as well as our international footprint, targeted marketing and dedicated client service.'
- The Cooper T66During the Formula 2 era of the Formula One World Championship a small company based in Surbiton, Surrey, England would make an immediate impression. Although the next few years would see the company struggle in Formula One, by the end of the 1950s, it would prove itself to be both revolutionary and the team of the future. Though revolutionary in many ways, Cooper and his team would take methodical steps to improve and reassert itself in the Formula One arena. This same approach would help Cooper to lead a revolution that would impact the world over.
While the Cooper tail would actually begin with Formula 3 and its 500 chassis, the real legend of Cooper Car Company would actually cement itself in the hearts and minds of Formula One fans throughout 1959 and 1960 with the mid-engined T51 chassis, the car that would really start the rear-engine revolution in motor racing.
- RM Group of Companies Enjoys Significant Growth and Record $360 Million in Auction Sales During 2012• RM group of companies, including RM Auctions and Auctions America, generates more than $360 million in auction sales in 2012
• Results tally represents best performance in the history of the collector car hobby
• RM Auctions secures 49 individual million-dollar-plus transactions and a string of
- Mecum 2012 Grand Finale In Kansas City Wraps Record-Breaking YearEnd-of-Year Totals Closing in on $300 Million in Sales
Mecum Auctions' most recent collector car auction in Kansas City, Mo., topped off a great year with an impressive $11.5 million in sales. The auction added to the incredible yearend total, which knocks at the door of the coveted $300 m
- Montezemolo: 'Another season as contenders'The Formula 1 year ended with second place in the two championships, secured at the very last race. Therefore so some sense of regret is inevitable and President Montezemolo certainly did not shirk from that fact during the usual Christmas meeting with the Italian and international press.
- BMW Design Concept CarsConcept cars give free rein to the creativity of automotive designers. From electric drive systems through gull-wing doors to fabric outer skins – the concepts are always focused on the future and brimming with visionary potential. Concept cars serve a variety of purposes, whether they are conceived as design studies, to help develop and implement new technologies, or to visualise what form new production models will take.
- The 458 GT3 tests the latest 2013 updates at AdriaThe 2013 specification 458 Italia GT3 tested behind closed doors at the Adria circuit today. The test, organised by Ferrari's Corse Clienti department, along with Michelotto Automobili, was aimed at testing the latest updates due to be introduced next season.
This year, the car's second in competition, saw it win important titles in Europe and Asia and now it is being prepared for another season with a new aerodynamic bodywork, so that the privateer teams can once again fly the Ferrari flag in the top international GT championships.
- The Ferrari 330The Ferrari 330 series belonged to a long line of Ferrari road cars with front-mounted V12 engines, cars that were members of a bloodline whose history contiues to this day.
The 330's name derived from the then-familiar Ferrari practice of naming cars for their per-cylinder displacement in cubic centimeters, indicating that the engines used to power this series of cars displaced a total of 12x330cc, or about four liters. Preceded by the 275 and replaced by the 365, the 330 was caught right in the middle of a glorious era for Ferrari road cars.
The 330 spawned the vaunted 330 P series of mid-engined racers, which battled Ford's GT-40 in sports car racing throughout the mid-1960s. A successor to the legendary 250 GTO was also created using the 330 motor, named the 330 LMB. Ferrari produced only four of these latter models.
- BMW Design Concept CarsConcept cars give free rein to the creativity of automotive designers. From electric drive systems through gull-wing doors to fabric outer skins – the concepts are always focused on the future and brimming with visionary potential. Concept cars serve a variety of purposes, whether they are conceived
- The 458 GT3 tests the latest 2013 updates at AdriaThe 2013 specification 458 Italia GT3 tested behind closed doors at the Adria circuit today. The test, organised by Ferrari's Corse Clienti department, along with Michelotto Automobili, was aimed at testing the latest updates due to be introduced next season.
This year, the car's second in compe
- Roadster heads into the future with enhanced appealand individualityNew exterior features, detailed interior refinements, a new equipment package and a new entry-level engine variant allow the BMW Z4 to make an even more attractive and innovative case for itself in Detroit. Three new body colours are available exclusively with the Design Pure Traction option, which is also new. Meanwhile, black and orange tones create a particularly absorbing contrast of colours in the interior.
Additional scope for individualisation is provided by new 17-inch and 18-inch light-alloy wheels and the optional M Sport package. And there is also the arrival of a new model variant to report; the BMW Z4 sDrive18i is powered by a 2.0-litre engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology developing 115 kW/156 hp. This new entry point to the Z4 range can also be ordered with an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
- VETTEL CLAIMS SIXTH NATIONS CUPSebastian Vettel claimed a record sixth Nations Cup win for Team Germany at the Race of Champions in Bangkok but missed out on individual glory, losing to eventual champion of champions Romain Grosjean.
David Coulthard, meanwhile, made it all the way to semi-final stage of the individual competi
- FERRARI DOES IT AGAIN IN THE GULF 12 HOURSAF Corse brought its brilliant 2012 season with yet another win in the Gulf 12 Hours, the endurance race held this year in Abu Dhabi, featuring many of the top names from the world of GT racing.
Gianmaria Bruni, Toni Vilander and Gaetano Ardagna had already won the inaugural edition of this race
- BMW at the NAIAS Detroit 2013Captivating looks laced with premium quality and groundbreaking innovations are the standout features of the models charged with continuing the success of the BMW brand into the future. The NAIAS 2013 in Detroit will see BMW presenting visitors with new models now entering series production and pion
- 2013 Toyota 4Runner Sets the Pace for True SUV CapabilityThe Toyota 4Runner, the fifth generation of this rugged, full-capability SUV and a key model in the Toyota SUV lineup for 28 years, continues as one of the few fully capability SUVs available in its Segment.
The 4Runner combines rugged body-on-frame construction with suspension technology that yields ride comfort more often associated with car-based platforms. The 2013 4Runner is available in a variety of configurations and in three models: a well-equipped SR5, top-of-the-line Limited, plus a Trail grade for maximum off-road capability. Optional third-row seats allow for up to seven-person capacity.
- 2013 Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid Add New EntuneThe Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid offer additional value for 2013 wîth more standard equipment, new option packages and audio systems. A new Highlander Plus model grade replaces the former Tech Package and adds numerous popular features, including a rear back-up camera.
The 2013 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid models feature changes to standard and optional multi-media technology for 2013, wîth Display Audio made standard on Highlander, SE and Highlander Plus grades; the Highlander Hybrid now includes as standard Display Audio wîth Navigation and the Entune™ multimedia package.
- The Era Type BEnglish Racing Automobiles—ERA to its fans—would get its beginnings in Lincolnshire at the home of Raymond Mays. With the help of friends Peter Berthon and Humphrey Cook, ERA would be established to stem the tide of French and Italian dominance in the years following the First World War. The result of their work would be one of the most dominant lines of small voiturettes the world had ever seen. And though the ERA would become widely popular with English and foreign privateers throughout the pre-war 1930s, there would be just one of the company's last evolution ever made—the R4D.
Although Mays, Berthon and Cook would make their voiturettes available to customers, they would primarily design and build cars for themselves. It would all start with the R1A back in 1934.
- Chevrolet Donates 24 Express Vans to Habitat for HumanityMobile fleet headed to New York and New Jersey to help in Hurricane Sandy recovery
Two dozen Express vans donated by Chevrolet to Habitat for Humanity depart Atlanta today en route to storm-ravaged New York and New Jersey, where the vans and scores of tools donated by Lowe's and the Robert
- Riley DobbsThe racing scene in pre-war Britain would be one of creative privateers driving converted homemade monopostos and sportscars around such famous tracks as Brooklands and Donington. Of these early privateers, there was perhaps none more well known than Hector Dobbs. Taking and adapting Rileys, Dobbs would be a force to be reckoned with in hill climbing and track events.
The Riley name would be first found amongst the textile industry in the late 19th century. Then, came the bicycle craze and the Riley Cycle Company Limited would be founded in 1896. William Riley Jr. would be the company's founder and it would be first located in the town of Coventry in England.
- Bugatti Type 59/50BIIIThroughout automotive history there have been a number of manufacturers that have created some truly stunning, artistic models of cars that have captured the imagination and inspired future generations. However, there was likely never a better blend of artistry and mechanical arts than with Bugatti. But, Bugatti wasn't all looks. Performance would be what helped Bugatti to enrapture its admirers. However, by the mid-1930s, Bugatti would be struggling to find new illumination. The innovative racecars, and the performance that completed the picture seemed to be missing. War looming on the horizon, Bugatti would try once more to create an automotive masterpiece. However, due to other mitigating circumstances, this final creation would prove to be one of the company's, and yet, unsuccessful works of art.
- SUBARU BRZ'S 'FA20' BOXER ENGINE NAMED TO WARD'S '10 BEST ENGINES' OF 2013Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced that Ward's AutoWorld, a monthly automotive industry magazine for professionals worldwide, has named Subaru's 'FA20' 2.0-liter 4-cylinder horizontally-opposed Boxer engine of the Subaru BRZ sports coupe a winner of it
- ELECTRIFYING HOT LAPSIt has already been called the future of motor racing. The Nissan LEAF Nismo RC - all-electric, zero emission, all the performance.
Owners of the Nissan LEAF, invited to Japan to celebrate the second anniversary of the day the innovative car went on sale, experienced laps in the racing car at th
- JAGUAR F-TYPE: DYNAMIC DEVELOPMENT MILESTONE•Martin Brundle, Christian Danner and Justin Bell drive F-TYPE prototypes on
track and road
•Jaguar F-TYPE to arrive in U.S. market in summer 2013 starting at $69,000*
(MAHWAH, N.J.) - December 14, 2012 - The Jaguar F-TYPE has undergone its first dynamic challenge outside of Jaguar's
- NEXT-GENERATION FORD TRANSIT CONNECT BREAKS NEW GROUND IN COMMERCIAL VAN FUEL EFFICIENCY WITH 30+ MPG•Ford brings an all-new compact Transit Connect commercial van to market, ideally suited to small business owners and fleets placing high value on fuel efficiency
•Transit Connect Van is expected to deliver at least 5 mpg better fuel economy on the highway than Ram C/V Cargo Van while carrying mor
- MICHELIN INTRODUCES THE PILOT SPORT A/S 3 TIREMICHELIN INTRODUCES THE PILOT® SPORT A/S 3™ TIRE: A BREAKTHROUGH ALL-SEASON TIRE DELIVERS TOTAL PERFORMANCE IN WET, DRY AND COLD WEATHER CONDITIONS
NEW ORLEANS – (Dec. 11, 2012) – Michelin North America unveiled today the latest innovation from the Pilot family of tires, the MICH
- FORD C-MAX HYBRIDS OUTSELL TOYOTA PRIUS PLUG-IN AND PRIUS V; NAMED OFFICIAL CAR FOR 2013 INTERNATIONAL CES•Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid combined November sales beat Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v in C-MAX's first full month of availability
•C-MAX hybrids showcase Ford's most advanced technologies, making both vehicles natural selections for Official Car of the 2013 International
- PORSCHE BOXSTER RANKED AMONG CAR AND DRIVER MAGAZINE'S 10 BEST CARS FOR 2013Boxster makes coveted 10Best List
Atlanta. The Porsche Boxster has once again been selected for Car and Driver magazine's list of the 10Best cars sold in America. This year marks the 12th time in 14 years that either a Boxster or Cayman model has been selected for this honor, which was
- 2014 GMC SierraThe all-new 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 full-size pickup is the most powerful, most advanced and most refined truck in the brand's 110-year history. Sierra's bold new exterior houses one of three all-new EcoTec3 engines, a fully updated cabin wîth available next-generation IntelliLink connectivity and other features designed for the most discerning truck owners.
'Our engineers and designers left nothing on the table when developing this latest Sierra pickup,' said Tony DiSalle, vice president of GMC Marketing. 'These trucks have all the power and capability that's expected in today's market, excellent fuel efficiency, plus a lot of unexpected, purposeful features developed wîth truck owners in mind.'
- 2014 Silverado: Stronger, Smarter and More CapableChevrolet today unveiled the all-new 2014 Silverado 1500 full-size pickup. New from hood to hitch, Silverado is engineered to be the strongest, smartest, and most capable Silverado ever.
The new Silverado builds on Chevrolet's 95 years of truck heritage, while raising the bar for full-size pickups. Among the many updates for 2014 are a new trio of powerful, efficient EcoTec3 engines; a stronger, quieter, more comfortable cab; revised steering, suspension and brakes; ingenious solutions for managing cargo in the bed and true truck capability for towing and hauling.
- Extreme sports performance, inimitable style: The MINI John Cooper Works PacemanElite performance model is based on the first compact Sports Activity Coupé. Driver and passengers in four individual seats enjoy racing feeling, turbocharged engine develops 160 kW/218 hp, standard equipment includes ALL4 all-wheel drive, an aerodynamic kit, 18-inch light-alloy wheels and lowered sports suspension.
Munich. The MINI John Cooper Works Paceman combines mouthwatering sporting flair and inimitable style to introduce a new dimension in driving fun to the premium compact §egmènt. Its race-bred powertrain and chassis technology create a recipe for smile-inducing agility, and the overall concept of the first Sports Activity Coupé in its class gives it an immediate, show-stealing impact. The MINI John Cooper Works Paceman transfers the power developed by its 160 kW/218 hp four-cylinder turbocharged engine to the road wîth poise and assurance, courtesy of its standard ALL4 all-wheel-drive system.
- The 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan & WagonMercedes-Benz introduces the extensively updated 2014 E-Class Sedan and Wagon, featuring highly efficient engines, an array of new driver assistance systems and even more refined styling. No less than eleven new or optimized assistance systems from the future S-Class celebrate their world premiere in both the sedan and wagon models. They combine a host of comfort and safety features, referred to by Mercedes- Benz as 'intelligent drive.' These groundbreaking systems include technologies that can help prevent accidents wîth pedestrians or vehicles crossing in front, Active Lane Keeping Assist for avoiding collisions wîth oncoming traffic and anti-glare continuous high-beam headlamps. All this and more ensures that Mercedes-Benz maintains its pioneering role in vehicle safety. The new E-Class also takes a major step forward in terms of efficiency, thanks to the new four-cylinder diesel engine. An extensive package of design updates round-off the new and compelling features of the MY14 E-Class, delivering an accomplished combination of efficiency, intelligence and style. The 2014 E-Class Sedan and Wagon will be in Ú.S. showrooms this Spring.
- ALONSO THE OVERWHELMING CHOICE OF TEAM PRINCIPALSEnd of year awards are an ephemeral pleasure but nevertheless it's satisfying to get one. In Formula 1, the ones that maybe carry the most weight are those voted for by the sport's inner circle, as was the case in a survey carried out by the British magazine 'Autosport.'It polled the team principals
- BMW TWINPOWER TURBO TECHNOLOGY AGAIN TAKES TWO SPOTS ON 2013 WARD'S 10 BEST ENGINES LISTTwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder and Inline-6 both repeat winners
BMW TwinPowerTurbo technology again takes two of Ward's 2013 10 Best Engines Awards. The 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder (N20) and 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-6 (N55) are both repeat winners.
'Nearly every BMW now
- ATS A FINALIST FOR NORTH AMERICAN CAR OF THE YEARWinner Announced at the 2013 North American International Auto Show
DETROIT – The all-new Cadillac ATS luxury sport sedan is a finalist for 2013 North American Car of the Year. The winner, based on the votes of a panel of 49 journalists, will be announced on Jan. 14, 2013 during
- NISSAN EUROPEAN GROWTH POWERED BY STRONG PERFORMANCE IN THE UK AND RUSSIA•UK and Russia outperform 2011 year-to-date sales numbers
•Central and Eastern European region records growth versus this time last year
•Nissan Juke records 5.2% sales growth compared to 2011 figures
ROLLE, Switzerland - Nissan announced solid performance in Europe, spurred on by str
- 1 MILLIONTH HONDA AUTO EXPORT DEPARTS CALIFORNIA PORT, BOUND FOR SOUTH KOREAHonda associates from throughout the U.S. on hand to mark historic milestone
12/11/2012 - TORRANCE, Calif.
A 2013 Honda Accord Sedan today boarded a ship at Port Hueneme in Ventura County, Calif. bound for Seoul, South Korea, officially becoming the 1 millionth Honda vehicle e
- NISSAN CELEBRATES TWO YEARS OF LEAF SALES WITH ANNOUNCEMENT OF U.S. BATTERY PLANTLargest lithium-ion automotive battery plant in the U.S. now assembling batteries in Tennessee to power all-electric, zero-emission 2013 Nissan LEAF
FRANKLIN, Tenn. - With two years of Nissan LEAF sales just completed, the company today announced the launch of the United States'
- TOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALETOPLINE COLLECTORS PLACE SPOTLIGHT on SPEED'S BARRETT-JACKSON BROADCAST FROM SCOTTSDALE
'LOST' SHELBY DUAL PROTOTYPE, HAGERTY GIVEAWAY & SALON COLLECTION HIGHLIGHT 39 HOURS OF LIVE COVERAGE
The 42nd annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (Ariz.) Collector Car Event, the first of fo
- 2014 MDX PrototypeAcura announced today that it will unveil a prototype of the next-generation MDX luxury sport utility vehicle during the press days of the 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), held in Detroit over January 14-15. Útilizing 'Aero Sculpture' design language affecting both form and function, the 2014 MDX Prototype will feature alluring proportions wîth smooth, arching body lines matched to an efficient architecture.
- 427 DragonSnake Cobra coming to the Concours d'Elegance of TexasFollowing the resounding success of the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of Texas last spring, organizers have announced special features and classes for its second annual event, scheduled for May 5, 2013 at the award winning La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas. The Concours is one of the highlights of The Houston Classic Weekend, which will run from May 3-6, also featuring Worldwide Auctioneers The Houston Classic Auction, now in its twelfth year. Weekend visitors can once again look forward to a spectacular gathering of vintage motorcars, racecars and antique motorcycles and anticipate another Texas-sized welcome at the glorious lakeside setting of La Torretta on the shores of Lake Conroe, just north of Houston. Celebrating the Cars of Carroll Shelby as one of its featured classes, the 2013 Concours d'Elegance of Texas will showcase important Cobras and Mustangs from 1962 through 1971, including the only 427 Dragon Snake Cobra ever built.
- A supreme combination of high performance and luxury: The BMW M6 Gran CoupeA third body variant of the BMW M6 high-performanc e sports car is set to be presented for the first time as the BMW M6 Gran Coupe joins the existing Coupe and Convertible models in the line-up. The new member of the M6 family brings together customary M performance characteristics wîth extra helpings of luxury and aesthetic appeal. The high-revving V8 enginewith M TwinPower Turbo technology and 412 kW/560 hp propels the BMW M6 Gran Coupe from 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.2 seconds. And the elegantly sporty lines of the four-door Coupe are complemented by bespoke features, such as the carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) roof. The greater interior space of the BMW M6 Gran Coupe allows two rear passengers to enjoy generous levels of on-board comfort, and there is also a third rear seat for use on shorter journeys.
- RM Auctions Secures Upcoming Sale of Texas' Distinguished Don Davis CollectionFresh on the heels of its highly successful sale of John Staluppi's Cars of Dreams Museum earlier this month, RM Auctions is delighted to announce the addition of the respected Don Davis Collection to its growing 2013 calendar of events. Scheduled April 27 in Fort Worth, Texas, the single-day auction represents the second single-vendor sale confirmed for RM's 2013 auction schedule, reaffirming the company's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales.
- The Chevy SonicSince its introduction in late 2011, the Chevrolet Sonic – the only subcompact built in America – has been making a name for itself as a small car wîth big attitude. For 2013, an all-new, performance-inspired, Sonic RS five-door hatchback model joins the Sonic family.
Standard on LTZ and RS and available on LS and LT models, MyLink for Sonic includes a seven-inch diagonal color screen, AM/FM stereo wîth seek-and-scan and digital clock, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and selected phones, voice recognition for compatible smartphones, and Pandora and Stitcher compatibility. Easy-to-use and intuitive, MyLink for Sonic was influenced by Chevrolet consumer data that shows 90 percent of target Sonic buyers own and are heavy users of smartphones.
Other additions to the 2013 Sonic lineup include the addition of a rear decklid spoiler on the LTZ sedan.
- The Fiat Abarth 1000 Coupé BialberoIn the early 1950s, Carlo Abarth began a working relationship with Fiat. By the late '50s, Abarth would create a line of successful small racecars. In the never-ending search for newer and better, Abarth would create the 750 Zagato. This light, nimble chassis would achieve numerous class victories. But Abarth wouldn't be done.
Fiat would build upon the engine it produced and used as the basis for the Fiat 600. However, the engine was capable of being updated. The result would be a twin cam 982cc engine producing 91 bhp.
Mated to the popular coupe body that made the car sought after for its looks, as well as its performance, the new Bialbero would continue the line of success Fiat and Abarth experienced with its Monza chassis.
- The Jeep PatriotThe 2013 Jeep® Patriot, the best-priced compact sport-utility vehicle (SUV) in America, offers consumers Segment-leading 4 x 4 capability and excellent fuel economy along with aggressive exterior styling, clever interior features and unsurpassed off-road capability wîth the Freedom Drive II system.
The 2013 Jeep Patriot is unmistakably a Jeep, designed to appeal to compact-SUV buyers who want traditional Jeep styling wîth best-in-class off-road capability at an affordable price.
- RM Auctions Secures Upcoming Sale of Texas' Distinguished Don Davis Collection• RM Auctions lifts the gavel on the distinguished Don Davis Collection, April 27, 2013 in Fort Worth, Texas
• Representing the best of the very best, this 'Collector's Collection' spans a broad variety of marques and eras with a strong emphasis on American horsepower and European sports & GT cars
- 427 DragonSnake Cobra coming to the Concours d'Elegance of TexasFollowing the resounding success of the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of Texas last spring, organizers have announced special features and classes for its second annual event, scheduled for May 5, 2013 at the award winning La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas. The Concours is one of th
- PORSCHE SURPASSES PREVIOUS YEAR'S RECORD FIGURESThis year, Porsche AG has delivered 128,978 new vehicles to customers around the world, meaning that the previous year's figure (of 118,868 vehicles in total) has already been surpassed one month before the end of the year. In November 2012, the Stuttgart-based sports car manufacturer sold a total o
- ROUSH YATES TO SUPPORT 'ROAD TO DAYTONA' FOR ARCA TOURING SERIES CHAMPIONSOfficials from Roush Yates and the Automobile Racing Club of America have announced that Roush Yates will support ARCA's 'Road to Daytona' program this weekend at Daytona International Speedway.
Roush Yates will supply an ARCA spec restrictor plate engine lease for the weekend, to be run by the
- YOKOHAMA TIRES WIN AT THE 25 HOURS OF THUNDERHILLMotorsport Solutions/Ehret Family Winery Porsche 911 take top honors on Yokohama ADVAN®ENV-R2™ tires
When the checked flag came down after the demanding 25 Hours of Thunderhill, the Porsche 911 with Yokohama's ADVAN® ENV-R2™ orange oil-infused tires was alone in the winner's circle. Yokoha
- HONDA EARTH DREAMS TECHNOLOGY ENGINES NAMED AMONG WARD'S 10 BEST ENGINES FOR 2013Honda Earth Dreams Technology Engines Named Among Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2013 4-cylinder and V-6 engines from all-new 2013 Accord honored
TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 - Two Honda Earth DreamsTM Technology engines powering the all-new 2013 Honda Accord were named to Ward's 10
- New Sierra Marks 111 Years of GMC Pickup Heritage Photo History Shows Evolution of Truck Design Through 12 DecadesNew Sierra Marks 111 Years of GMC Pickup Heritage
Photo history shows evolution of truck design through 12 decades
DETROIT - The all-new 2014 GMC Sierra fullsize pickup will be the latest in a bloodline that stretches back over a century. The first truck to wear a GMC ba
- VOLKSWAGEN PASSENGER CARS DELIVERS 5.22 MILLION VEHICLES IN PERIOD TO NOVEMBER / +11.2 PERCENTWolfsburg, Germany - From January to November, the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand handed over 5.22 (January-November 2011: 4.69; +11.2 percent) million vehicles to customers worldwide. The brand also recorded a clear increase of 11.5 percent for the month of November, delivering 504,800 (Nov
- HONDA COMPACT 'URBAN SUV CONCEPT' TO MAKE WORLD DEBUT AT THE 2013 NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOWAn all-new Honda compact 'Úrban SÚV Concept' vehicle will make its world debut in January at the 2013 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.
The Úrban SÚV Concept, teased in a sketch released today, is a global concept model combining a sporty and dynamic SÚV profile wîth a spacious, functional interior. The concept will be introduced during Honda's NAIAS press conference, which will also be broadcast live via a webcast at hondawebcast.com.
- Nissan Heritage: Start Of The Skyline LegendFor more than half a century motor racing has drawn crowds in Japan. But for motorsports fans one grand prix stands out – the 1964 meeting at Suzuka.
It was the day the Skyline legend began.
The GT-II race and a team of Skyline GTs lined up. They were souped up sedans but were about to do the unthinkable – and challenge the established champions from abroad.
- Coys Christmas No 1 - Second Year In a Row!BMW 328 achieves highest single vehicle sale price (£494,600) for December Auction sales
Coys rounded off a highly successful year with their final auction of 2012, 'True Greats', on December 4th, at Westminster, London, with sale results now nearing £4 million, and many new record auction prices
- World's Oldest Ford Vehicle Returns Home To Kick Off Henry Ford 150TH Celebration in 2013•Oldest surviving Ford production car, a 1903 Model A, recently purchased at auction by Bill Ford; car unveiled as part of an employee event to kick off the 150th anniversary celebration of Henry Ford's birth in 2013
•Community picnic, special program at Maker Faire are key events leading up to th
- NISSAN DELTAWING: MORE AWARDS AND ACCOLADESThe Los Angeles Auto Show came to a close on Sunday with the revolutionary Nissan DeltaWing race car widely acknowledged as a major show highlight.
The car that captured the imagination of fans and media at this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans and October's Petit Le Mans appeared at the Nissan stand
- 2013 Geneva Motor Show: Swiss car visionary Rinspeed intends to revolutionize urban trafficIn addition to mountains, chocolate and watches the Swiss are world-famous for their innovative urban transportation concepts. However, 'microMAX' and its creator Frank M. Rinderknecht, boss of Rinspeed, the Swiss powerhouse for ideas, set out to revolutionize short-distance transport: 'microMAX' - presented at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show, March 7th through the 17th - intends to merge personal and public transportation in particularly clever fashion. Rinderknecht explains: 'Modern ride share centers nowadays are web-based or Smartphone-based. They operate in real time: You need to go to work on a regular basis or want to go somewhere right now and in no time at all you find the driver that'll give you a ride. 'microMAX' wîth its unique upright seats is the perfect 'thing' for swift short-distance transfers - the car to go wîth the app.'
- New Popemobile from Mercedes-Benz for Pope Benedict XVIBy delivering a new Popemobile to Pope Benedict XVI Mercedes-Benz continues a tradition, which lasts for 80 years now. Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars, personally handed over the Mercedes-Benz M-Class, specifically produced for the Pope wîth special-purpose body, today at the Vatican.
'It is an honour for Mercedes-Benz to be accompanying His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI on his future journeys wîth our new Popemobile', said Zetsche at the handover of the new Popemobile in Rome. 'As such, we are continuing our long-standing partnership wîth the Vatican. For more than 80 years now, Popes have been able to rely on the quality, safety and comfort of our Mercedes-Benz vehicles.'
- Scuderia Lancia: 1955 Formula One SeasonAround the turn of the 20th century, Vincenzo Lancia would be left weeping bitterly as a failed radiator would foil an attempt to power his proud Italian car across the finish line. Unfortunately, about 50 years later, the Lancia company, and the whole of the motor racing community, would be left weeping bitterly at the loss of a great champion, and with that loss, so too went the fortunes of Scuderia Lancia in Formula One.
Like any rebellious child, Gianni Lancia would depart from the rational. Vincenzo Lancia had abandoned motor racing and forbade his company from even thinking about such a venture. However, when Vincenzo passed away, his son Gianni would reverse course and would begin looking into entering the still rather young Formula One World Championship.
- CUMMINS BUILDS TWO-MILLIONTH RAM DIESEL FOR CHRYSLER GROUP•Milestone engine destined for display
•Ram-Cummins partnership spans four decades
•Capability of current High-Output Cummins engine more than double that of
December 10, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Cummins Inc. has produced its 2-millionth diesel engine for Ram Tr
- NISSAN GT ACADEMY NORTH AMERICA SEASON 2 CROWNS DOHERTY, EYES FIRST INTERNATIONAL RACE IN JANUARYIllinois Native Outguns 15 Other Gamers at Silverstone
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – An unemployed 29-year old mechanic from Plainfield, Ill., toppled 15 of North America's fastest virtual racers at the track to win Nissan GT Academy North America Season 2. Steve Doherty won a series of on- and off-t
- EMPIRE STATE OF DRIVE: FORD C-MAX ENERGI PLUG-IN HYBRID QUALIFIES FOR NEW YORK CARPOOL LANE ACCESS•The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has approved the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid for its Clean Pass vehicle carpool lane access program
•C-MAX Energi offers a top speed of 85 mph – 20 more than Toyota Prius Plug-in – and a total range of up to 620 miles, enabl
- BMW GROUP SALES CLIMB 23.0% IN NOVEMBERThe BMW Group experienced growth on all continents in November and achieved another record month in sales. With 170,932 (prev. yr. 138,954) BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce brand automobiles delivered worldwide, sales were 23.0% higher than in the same month last year. It was also the best first eleven mon
- 40 YEARS OF ELECTRIC MOBILITY AT THE BMW GROUP. FROM THE BMW 1602 TO THE BMW I3.When the first production version of the BMW i3 rolls off the assembly line in Leipzig in late 2013, it will mark the provisional culmination of 40 years of development work at BMW. It all began at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, where the BMW starting line-up included two electrically powered tes
- A FERRARI FIRES UP BOLOGNABologna, 7 December – The noise of a Ferrari brought this Friday to life at the Bologna Motor Show, as fans of the marque were able to see a Formula 1 car in action. At this the 37th year of the show, it fell to Giancarlo Fisichella to drive an F60, which the Scuderia ran in the 2009 World Ch
- Audi R8 China EditionWe totally agree wîth winning through quantity, but it's a small quantity. We've spent more time creating the rare Audi R8 China Edition, and hope it glow in your hands. There are only 80 such cars. It's not important if it's rare, the important thing is that if you own it.With exclusive colors, LED headlight, ultra-light high strength carbon fiber, 19 wheel hubs in 5 twin-spoke 'Y' design and the spoiler in carbon matt, people will love it at the first sight and be eager to drive it.
We have to admit that jealousy is a kind of deep admiration. The Audi R8 China Edition has two exclusive colors, Malibu blue body wîth Suzuka grey sideblades or Suzuka body wîth Malibu blue sideblades. The two different combinations form the unique style of the Audi R8 China Edition. The exclusive colors give out special radiance no matter in the daytime or at the night, showing the extraordinary features of the supercar.
- The 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 CupThe Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is the most successful race car in the world. Since 1998, 2,395 units of the near standard vehicle for customer sport were produced. The new edition of the 911 GT3 Cup is the motorsports version of the future 911 GT3 and as such is the first race car that is based on the seventh generation of the sports car icon from Zuffenhausen. The 911 GT3 Cup will be run exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup in 2013. The car for one-make racing made its debut on the occasion of the end of motorsport season 'Night of Champions' celebration at the R&D Centre in Weissach.
- The Chalmers Model 35-CAs the automobile began to grow in interest, companies and those eager to capitalize on this new market scrambled to meet the demand. Prior to World War I, hundreds of individuals and companies sprung-up in every major city and throughout the United Sates trying to create their version of the horseless carriage. Many would be out of business within a few years.
In 1903 Jonathan Maxwell, with assistance from Benjamin Briscoe, designed and built their first motor car and soon the Maxwell-Briscoe Company was formed. Production began in 1904 in facilities located in Tarrytown, New York. Within the first year they were able to create 532 cars, an astonishing accomplishment considering the evolutionary stage of the motor car in that era.
- Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Honors The Genius Of Porsche's 911 at 50Porsche's 911 has defied common wisdom, outlived its competitors and, from roots in the early Sixties, leads Porsche Cars into a new century as the only car built today that carries its engine behind the rear axle.
At 4:00 PM on Friday, October 8, 2013 in the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance presents 'THE PORSCHE 911 SEMINAR: PORSCHE'S FLAGSHIP at 50'.
- Porsche 917/10 Spyder Can-Am Racing CarSome of the most powerful, impressive and, by extension, most frightening racing cars ever to be built would be the fire-breathing Can-Am cars of the 1970s. But in the case of Porsche's Can-Am offering, it was just a mere extension of the same monster that would be birthed to provide Porsche its first overall victory at Le Mans.
When the FIA relaxed the regulations for Group 4 five-liter sports cars, the door would be opened to Porsche to develop one of the most coveted, most desirable race cars ever to be built. However, when the factory debuted its first example of the 917, most of the factory test drivers would be scared for their lives. And who could blame them when the car reportedly wandered all over the track when travelling at speeds greater than 200mph. Not exactly a desirable handling characteristic.
- Sebastian Vettel 2012 Formula One World Champion: The Better BuckWhen around either bulls or stallions watching where one's walking is always very important. There is, of course, the danger of being kicked, but then, there is also the danger of stepping into something unpleasant. Well, with this piece I am going to step in it, and likely big time.
It was fitting, given the fight for the Drivers' Championship, that Austin, Texas and the new Circuit of the Americas would play a part in the fight for the 2012 Formula One World Championship. Vettel driving for Red Bull and Fernando Alonso driving for Scuderia Ferrari would give the 19th round of the World Championship a bit more of a rodeo feel than anything else. But, the rodeo metaphor would almost perfectly suit the discussion of who was actually more deserving of the title of World Champion.
- Vicari Auction Hits $1.3 Million at New Orleans EventThe Vicari Auction Company announces total sales for their third annual New Orleans Classic Auto Festival reached $1.3 million, excluding buyer's premium.
More than 100 classic and muscle cars crossed the block during the event, which took place Dec. 1, 2012, at the famous Mardi Gras World in N
- RED BULLS DISH UP DAYS OF SPEED IN BOLOGNAThe area around Bologna in Italy area has a pretty rich racing history, what with motorcycle manufacturer Ducati hailing from the heart of the city and the cars of a certain scarlet-hued outfit emerging from up the Autostrada in Maranello, but not since the days when nearby Imola hosted grands prix
- NEW CAR BUYERS RANK THE KIA SORENTO AND SPORTAGE AS THE BEST VALUE IN THEIR SEGMENTSNEW CAR BUYERS RANK THE KIA SORENTO AND SPORTAGE AS THE BEST VALUE IN THEIR SEGMENTS IN NEWLY RELEASED CONSUMER SURVEY
Fast-Growing Automakers'1 Popular Crossovers Top the Small and Medium SUV Segments in Strategic Vision's Total Value Index® Study
•Sorento and Sportage combine world-cl
- Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Honors The Genius Of Porsche's 911 at 50Porsche's 911 has defied common wisdom, outlived its competitors and, from roots in the early Sixties, leads Porsche Cars into a new century as the only car built today that carries its engine behind the rear axle.
At 4:00 PM on Friday, March 8th, 2013 in the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, the
- To the point: The eco up! and its fuels: Paths towards CO2-neutral mobility of the present and futureThe new eco up! is currently the world's most fuel-efficient natural gas passenger car. The four-seat Volkswagen consumes just 2.9 kg of natural gas (CNG = Compressed Natural Gas) per 100 km; this is equivalent to CO2 emissions of just 79 g/km. This fuel efficiency leads to very low fuel costs: in Germany, the mentioned 100 km cost just over 3 euros in an eco up! that is available as a two-door or four-door; in Italy, the largest market for natural gas cars in Europe, the cost is even less than 3 euros. Today, it is not possible to drive any other all-round car this inexpensively!
- BMW M celebrates DTM triumph with BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition modelBMW Motorsport returned to the DTM in 2012 after almost 20 years away, and the results in its comeback year exceeded all expectations. Canadian driver Bruno Spengler won the drivers' title, BMW Team Schnitzer finished in top spot in the team standings, and BMW claimed the manufacturers' honours.
BMW M GmbH is celebrating this success wîth the unveiling of the BMW M3 DTM Champion Edition. Mimicking the looks of Spengler's racing car, this special-edition model is available exclusively in Frozen Black metallic, while the carbon flaps and gurney, various dark chrome elements, matt black wheels and sections of the race car's livery also betray its close links wîth the triumphant BMW M3 DTM. The theme is continued by the BMW M stripe design over the CFRP roof and boot lid, BMW M logo to the rear of the front wheel arches and decals in the rear side windows.
- Groundbreaking performance: The new Audi RS 6 AvantThe new Audi RS 6 Avant stands for groundbreaking performance. It is lighter and more efficient than the previous model, and performance has been improved once again. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) takes just 3.9 seconds, and top speed is 305 km/h (189.52 mph). The 4.0 TFSI develops 412 kW (560 hp), but is content wîth an average fuel consumption of just 9.8 liters per 100 kilometers (24.00 ÚS mpg).
- The Alfa Romeo 1900Alfa Romeo's 1900 would bring some of the company's racing heritage to the masses beginning the love affair many would have with the company throughout the years. In the case of the 1900 Corto Gara, Alfa Romeo took a car for the masses and managed to fashion a car even the most affluent would desire.
Ever since Cavalier Ugo Stella acquired Societa Italiana Automobili Darraq, which was an Italian plant for a French car manufacturer, back in 1910 Alfa Romeo would become synonymously known for its racing and high quality automobiles that would be considered at the fore in their day and age. However, Alfa would decide to go a slightly different direction into rather unknown territory when it decided to withdraw from Formula One after the 1951 season. Up until that time, the Italian motor company had some of the most talented engineers and designers, but they were focused on building competitive race cars. Now, Alfa was entering the highly competitive world of production car making.
- The BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe. Aesthetics, dynamics, individualityThe latest generation of the BMW 3 Series Coupe and Convertible leads the way worldwide in the premium mid-range coupe and convertible market. Indeed few, if any, rivals have made such a defining impact on this §egmènt in terms of design, dynamics and efficiency.
Now, wîth the unveiling of the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe, BMW is looking ahead to the fourth generation of its sporty mid-range coupe – and reasserting its global leadership credentials in the process.
- Lotus Engineering adds lightness to a Crossover Utility VehicleCalifornia Air Resources Board (CARB) publishes results of Lotus Engineering's vehicle mass reduction study on a Crossover Utility Vehicle (CUV)
• Results show a total vehicle mass reduction of 31% (528.3 kg or 1,162 lbs.) and a $239 (£150 / €188) saving in overall vehicle cost.
• Body structur
- TEAM TOYO® WINS SCORE OVERALL POINT CHAMPIONSHIP AND BAJA 1000Team Toyo's 'Ballistic' BJ Baldwin clenched the 2012 SCORE Overall Point Championship and the checkered flag at the 45th annual Baja 1000 on November 16. Baldwin and his #97 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires® Chevy® Silverado® trophy truck conquered the 1,121.55-mile course in just over 20 hours. His tire
- FERRARI DRIVER ACADEMY:FDA - A COMPETITIVE 2012The long 2012 season has seen the Ferrari Driver Academy drivers running at the forefront of the major European junior categories, regarded as stepping stones to Formula 1. Jules Bianchi, Raffaele Marciello and Brandon Maisano were in the hunt in their respective championships right to the final rou
- ROBBY GORDON AND TOYO TIRES SET TO TACKLE THE 35TH ANNUAL DAKAR RALLYWith no desert too large and no mountain too tall, the SPEED Energy HUMMER on victory proven Toyo Tires will once again attempt to conquer the world's most famous off-road event. The custom-built Dakar HUMMER driven by Robby Gordon and navigator Kellon Walch will tackle more than 8000 Km / 4970 Mi f
- Bentley Speed 8 Le Mans PrototypeIn 1924, the pairing of John Duff and Frank Clement would win the second running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. They would earn the victory driving a Bentley 3 liter Sport. Then, from 1927 through 1930, Bentley would enjoy an incredible run of success winning four-straight Le Mans. Though Bentley would start out the dominant manufacturer at Le Mans it would take more than seventy years before the manufacturer could claim another victory at the famed circuit. But, finally, the Bentley Speed 8, driven by Guy Smith and the greats Tom Kristensen and Rinaldo Capello, would bring home yet another victory for the famed automaker.
The goal was simple: to return Bentley to the top at Le Mans. But though the goal was simple and straight-forward it would be execution that would be the most difficult aspect of the endeavor.
- Lotus makes tracks to the metropolis of MilanLotus Cars Limited is delighted to announce its latest dealer appointment, 'Lotus Milano', a dedicated Lotus showroom on Via Cesare Battisti, Vedano Al Lambro, Milan, Italy.
'Lotus Milano' opened recently and is a brand new Lotus-only showroom for Milanese sports car fans brimming with the latest
- 12C SPIDER TO MAKE ITALIAN PREMIERE AT THE 37TH BOLOGNA MOTOR SHOW•Italian debut of the 12C Spider – new Spider version of highly acclaimed 12C
•Developed alongside 12C as a 'pure McLaren' – including revised 625PS 3.8-litre V8 twin-turbo engine
•Carbon fibre MonoCell ensures class-leading rigidity, handling and safety
•Fully automatic two-piece Retractable
- YOKOHAMA TIRE-SPONSORED DRIFTING STAR TYLER MCQUARRIE TO TAKE ON THE 25 HOURS OF THUNDERHILLFormula Drift driver switching gears and will run on Yokohama ADVAN® ENV-R2™ tires in Dec. 8-9 endurance contest
FULLERTON, CA (Dec. 4, 2012) - Yokohama Tire Corporation-sponsored Formula Drift driver Tyler McQuarrie is changing race styles as he tackles the tough 25 Hours of Thunde
- AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION'S NOVEMBER 2012 AUTOMOBILE SALES UP 22% YEAR-OVER-YEARStrong month driven by SX4 sales, continued zero percent consumer financing for up to 72
months, ongoing commitment to customers, and support from dealers
BREA, Calif., Dec. 3, 2012 - American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) reported today
November 2012 sales of 2,224 units,
- VOLVO ANNOUNCES NOVEMBER SALESU.S. Sales Up 26.8 Percent
ROCKLEIGH, N.J. (Dec. 3, 2012) - Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, (VCNA) reported U.S. sales of 6,141 units, a 26.8 percent increase from November 2011. Year-to-date sales are up 0.1 percent over the first eleven months of 2011.
The top seller for th
- PORSCHE REPORTS 71 PERCENT INCREASE IN SALES, BEST SALES MONTH EVERYear-to-date sales up 18 percent
ATLANTA, Dec. 3, 2012 - Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), importer and distributor of Porsche sports cars, Cayenne SUVs and the Panamera four-door sports sedan line-up in the United States, today announced a record November 2012 sales of 3,865 vehicles.
- MAZDA ACHIEVES BEST NOVEMBER SALES SINCE 1994Four models post record sales performance; Mazda's Northeast Region shows excellent signs of recovery after Hurricane Sandy -
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 3, 2012 - Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported November U.S. sales of 21,691 vehicles, representing an increase of 1
- VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPGNew Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid beco
- RM Auctions Concludes Record 2012 Calendar with $11.5 Million John Staluppi 'Cars of Dreams' Museum SaleRM Auctions concluded the 2012 calendar on a high note in Florida this past weekend (December 1), generating more than $11.5 million in sales with 100 percent of all lots sold at its John Staluppi ‘Cars of Dreams' Collection sale in North Palm Beach.
The result of a decade of dedicated collecting by respected collector and successful entrepreneur, John Staluppi, the single-day auction presented a magnificent range of American automobiles and memorabilia before a standing-room only crowd.
- Chrysler Group LLC Reports November 2012 U.S. Sales Increased 14 Percent; Best November Sales in Five YearsBest November sales since 2007
32nd-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
Chrysler, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in November compared with same month a year ago
FIAT brand sales up 123 percent in November; largest year-ove
- VOLKSWAGEN REPORTS NOVEMBER 2012 SALES- Company reports a 35 percent increase year-to-date and 102,228 units ahead of last year's pace -
• Best November since 1973 with 36,728 units sold and a 29.3 percent increase over the prior year
• Brand achieves a 35 percent increase year-to-date and 27 consecutive months of year-on-y
- Toyota Motor Sales Issues November 2012 Sales PreviewTORRANCE, Calif., (Dec. 3, 2012) – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., reported monthly sales of 161,695 units in November 2012, up 17.2 percent on both a daily selling rate (DSR) basis and on an unadjusted raw volume basis.
- Record-setting November sales push Audi to new all-time yearly high- Premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) help achieve new annual and monthly sales records, representing nearly 33% of November Audi deliveries
Audi today reported its 23rd consecutive month of record sales with November volume reaching 12,067 cars and SUVs, up 24.4% from the 9,70
- Toyota Motor Sales Outpaces Industry with 17.2 Percent November Sales IncreaseBest-Ever RAV4 November, Strong Camry and Corolla Sales Among Highlights
TORRANCE, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2012) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November 2012 sales results of 161,695 units, an increase of 17.2 percent compared to the same period last year on both
- Mitsubishi Motors Reports Another Big Month For Outlander Sport Sales In NovemberCYPRESS, Calif., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported November sales of the Outlander Sport were up 34.2 percent compared to November 2011.
Outlander Sport sales were 1,520 for the month, the fourth highest monthly total this year for sales of
- INFINITI U.S. SALES UP 41.2 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER Luxury Automaker Has Best November in its History, Infiniti QX Full-Size SUV Has Best Month Ever
FRANKLIN, Tenn. - Infiniti today reported U.S. sales of 11,897 units for November, an increase of 41.2 percent versus 8,428 units a year earlier. Calendar year-to-date Infiniti sales of 10
- BMW GROUP U.S. REPORTS NOVEMBER 2012 SALESBMW brand up 45 percent in November – best month ever; 10.4 percent year-to-date increase
MINI brand up 10.5 percent in November; 15.2 percent increase year-to-date – already surpassed 2011 sales record
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 3, 2012… The BMW Group in the U.S. (B
- NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SETS NEW NOVEMBER SALES RECORDNissan and Infiniti brands each post record November sales
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported record November U.S. sales of 96,197 units versus 85,182 units a year earlier, up 12.9 percent. Nissan Division set a new November record, with sales up 9.8
- AMERICAN HONDA REPORTS ALL-TIME BEST NOVEMBER SALES:•All-Time Record November for Company and Civic; RDX Fuels Double-Digit Acura Gain
•Honda Division sales up 41 percent, Acura sales up 23 percent
12/03/2012 - TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda reports an all-time record for the month of November, with November 2012 U.S. sales of 116,5
- GMC TERRAIN SALES BEST EVER FOR MONTH OF NOVEMBERSmall SUV also on track for record sales year
DETROIT - The GMC Terrain's November sales were the best ever, with retail sales up 28 percent and total sales up 44 percent. The small SUV is also on track for its best year ever in retail and total sales.
GMC ended November with y
- GM U.S. SALES INCREASE 3 PERCENT IN NOVEMBERGeneral Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported its highest November sales in the United States since 2007, with deliveries up 3 percent versus a year ago to 186,505 vehicles. Year-over-year sales to retail customers were essentially equal to a year ago and sales to fleet customers were up 16 percent.
- HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA BREAKS ALL-TIME NOVEMBER SALES RECORD•Hyundai Elantra, Azera and All-New Santa Fe, receive ALG's award for the highest residual value in their class; all post solid sales gains
•Elantra sees sales gain of 28 percent
COSTA MESA, Calif., December 3, 2012 – Hyundai Motor America today announced record sales of 53,487 vehicles in Nov
- C-MAX LINEUP SUCCESS HELPS DRIVE FORD'S SMALL CAR SALES TO 12-YEAR HIGH; F-SERIES MARKS BEST NOVEMBER SINCE 2005•Ford U.S. November small car sales total 26,848 vehicles – a 76 percent increase compared with last year and the company's strongest November small car sales in 12 years
•C-MAX Hybrids sales gain momentum with 4,848 vehicles in November, a 52 percent increase compared with October; Ford posts bes
- CHRYSLER GROUP LLC REPORTS NOVEMBER 2012 U.S. SALES INCREASED 14 PERCENT; BEST NOVEMBER SALES IN FIVE YEARS•Best November sales since 2007
•32nd-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
•Chrysler, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in November compared with same month a year ago
•FIAT brand sales up 123 percent in November; largest year-over-year percentage increase
- VOLVO CAR GROUP INVESTS IN SWEDEN FOR NEXT-GENERATION VEHICLE ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINESVolvo Car Group's future as a strong, independent car maker based in Sweden is now being reinforced with a multi-billion dollar investment in SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) and VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture). The main part of the two projects will be carried out in Sweden, constituting one of
- Scuderia Ferrari: 1955 Formula One SeasonAfter two years of dominating the World Championship it would be hard to imagine Scuderia Ferrari to not be considered amongst the favorites to produce a world champion, but while other manufacturers, like Mercedes-Benz and Maserati would be well positioned for the return of Formula One, the record-setting Modena-based team would quickly become an overlooked afterthought.
Heading into the Formula 2 era of the World Championship, Scuderia Ferrari had already built its 625 chassis. Then, when the regulations switched to Formula 2, the 625 would become the 500 and Ferrari would have on its hands an unexpected diamond that would be almost unbeatable for a period of two years.