2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- Announcing the F12berlinetta: the fastest Ferrari ever builtToday's on-line unveiling of the F12berlinetta ushers in a new generation of Ferrari 12-cylinders in the form of a car that delivers unprecedented performance from an exceptional new engine, combined wîth innovative design that redefines classic themes along wîth extreme aerodynamics.
Revealed to the world for the first time on Ferrari.com in preparation for its official debut at the Geneva International Motor Show, the F12berlinetta, finished in an attractive new Rosso Berlinetta three-layer colour, represents the very cutting-edge of mid-front-engined sports cars.
- Audi brings the quattro back to the race trackMotor sport is used yet again by AÚDI AG to pioneer new technology: the brand wîth the four ring's new Le Mans race car is the world's first LMP1 car to combine a highly-efficient TDI wîth a hybrid system. quattro drive also celebrates its comeback to the race track wîth the prototype – in a entirely new form.
Audi R18 e-tron quattro is the name of the new Le Mans prototype that makes its race debut on May 5 in the 6-hour race at Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) and fights for overall victory at the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans (France) on June 16/17. Audi unites two technologies in a fascinating way to create a new type of drive, which is also already being tested for future use in production cars: e-tron quattro.
- Jaguar reveals the XF SportbrakeThe XF Sportbrake takes Jaguar's globally acclaimed sporting saloon and extends its versatility and practicality while retaining the model's core values of dramatic, muscular elegance, a dynamic driving experience and contemporary luxury.
'The XF epitomises the Jaguar sporting dynamic wîth its combination of innovative, seductive design and performance. In the XF Sportbrake this is complemented by a no-compromise approach to practicality and versatility.'
- Audi R8 LMS defends title at BathurstChristopher Mies/Darryl O'Young celebrate second victory in Australia
Christer Jöns and Phoenix Racing win on making their Bathurst debut
Performances by Mark Eddy/Craig Lowndes/Warren Luff went unrewarded
The Audi R8 LMS remains 'King of the Mountain' at Bathurst.
- Gooding & Company Announces its Final Selection of Amelia Island Auction CarsGooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is delighted to announce its latest group of star car consignments for the highly-anticipated Amelia Island Auction on March 9. In response to market demand for exceptional vintage automobiles, Gooding & Company's specialists carefully selected a final round of extraordinary cars just before the auction catalogue closed for print. Collectors and enthusiasts may now look forward to the following cars crossing the block: 1955 Porsche 550/ 1500 RS Spyder, 1967 Porsche 906E, Mike Hawthorn's 1951 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe, George Reed's 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 'Race Rat, 1988 Porsche 959, and the 1948 Tucker Torpedo #1034 that was featured in Francis Ford Coppola's hit film Tucker: The Man and His Dream.
- KELLEY BLUE BOOK'S KBB.COM NAMES THE VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT TOP FAMILY CARThe 2012 Passat can add yet another accolade to its growing roster of awards: It has been named by Kelley Blue Book's www.kbb.com as the number-one pick for its 10 Best Family Cars of 2012 list. Each year, the expert editors at kbb.com choose 10 vehicles that they feel address a wide selection of ty
- The MSA EUROCLASSICThe MSA Euroclassic is a non-competitive, scenic tour for classic cars across Europe incorporating visits to museums, race circuits and other motoring and tourist related locations en route. Established in 1993, the event is one of the best loved annual European classic events.
2012 will be the 20
- Sign up for this year's 20th Anniversary MSA Euroclassic now!International Motor Sports Ltd has announced that entries are now open for its popular MSA Euroclassic tour for cars over 20 years old, this year taking place from 25th September - 2nd October.
2012 is the 20th year of this iconic event which mixes challenging roads, sightseeing and motor
- The 2012 Colorado GrandMark your calendar! The dates for the 2012 event are September 10, to September 15, 2012.
In its twenty fourth year, this remarkable event has continued to provide help for Colorado Charities. To date, the event has contributed more than $3 million dollars.
The Colorado Grand is an ann
- Take Part in Shaping The Glen's FutureWatkins Glen International asks for fans input in naming new grandstands
The grandstands have changed at Watkins Glen International and now is the time for the names to change as well. With the replacement of the remaining grandstands ongoing, The Glen has decided to rename five existing g
- Mecum to Host Inaugural Auction in Houston, Texas600 Collector Cars to Cross the Block April 13-14, 2012 at The Reliant Center
Mecum Auctions is pleased to announce a two-day auction extravaganza, Texas style! The Largest Collector Car Auction Company rolls into Houston, Texas, for its inaugural event April 13-14, 2012. The Reliant Cente
- Townsend Bell to Co-Pilot Lotus in American Le Mans SeriesLooks forward to competing at his home track – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
From the 14-year-old who snuck into a Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula (SCRAMP) volunteer barbecue to the well-respected race car driver he is today, Townsend Bell, will be a welcome sight as he
- HYUNDAI'S IMPORT CENTRE PROCESSES 500,000TH CAR•500,000th Hyundai passes through import centre in Tilbury, Essex
•Brand new Hyundai i40 arrives at Tilbury to mark prominent milestone
•Facility capable of processing 75,000 cars per year and set to grow to 100,000 by 2015
•Up to 10,000 vehicles stored on site, with capacity set to increase fur
- Kia reveals all-new ‘K9' flagship sedan for Korean marketKia today revealed the first official photographs of its all-new flagship sedan to be launched during the first half of this year in the Korean market. Referred to by its codename ‘KH' until now, the company also confirmed that the Korean market name will be ‘K9' – while the name for export markets, as well as overseas launch timings, will be revealed later this year.
K9 is Kia's first rear-wheel drive sedan. It boasts Kia's ‘best of the best' design, driving performance and high technology capabilities and is regarded as one of 2012's most eagerly anticipated all-new models in both Korean and overseas markets.
- Volvo Car Corporation presents the all-new Volvo V40The all-new V40 is ready to overtake the competition in the Premium Hatchback class wîth sharpened features and characteristics from larger Volvos wrapped in a sleek, compact package.
'The all-new V40 is the first new model that is fully developed according to our human-centric, Designed Around You strategy. Charged wîth an outstanding set of high-tech features it definitely will give our toughest competitors a headache,' says Stefan Jacoby, President and CEO of Volvo Car Corporation.
- Chevrolet Ranks as Top Performance Brand in U.S.Corvette and Camaro accounted for one in three sports car sales in 2011
Chevrolet is America's favorite performance brand, with Camaro and Corvette accounting for one out of every three sports cars sold in the United States in 2011.
Chevrolet accounted for 37 percent of the sports-car
- Gooding & Company Announces its Final Selection of Amelia Island Auction CarsStar cars include a 1955 Porsche 550/ 1500 RS Spyder, 1967 Porsche 906E, Mike Hawthorn's 1951 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe, George Reed's 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 'Race Rat,' 1988 Porsche 959, and the iconic 1948 Tucker #1034 featured in Coppola's Hollywood hit film
Gooding & Company, the acclai
- Fisker Automotive Appoints Tom LaSorda As CEOCo-Founder Henrik Fisker Becomes Executive Chairman of the Company
Fisker Automotive is pleased to announce that, effective immediately, Co-Founder Henrik Fisker will become Executive Chairman of the company, and Tom LaSorda is appointed CEO and Vice Chairman of the Board, with full respon
- 1951 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe Goes to AuctionAt the Gooding & Company auction in Amelia Island, this 1951 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe with coachwork by Touring is scheduled to cross the block. It carries an estimated value of $1,300,000 - $1,600,000. The car was used by Used by Hawthorn for Practice at the 1953 Mille Miglia, has factory-upgraded triple carburetor arrangement, and is finished in original blue livery. The car has been displayed at Cavallino, Pebble Beach and Amelia Island.
- Audi at TED2012 Announces U.S. Introduction of A3 e-tron Electric Vehicle Pilot ProgramAudi today announced the battery-electric Audi A3 e-tron pilot program in the Ú.S. to define a progressive e-mobility driver experience for premium car buyers. Audi made the announcement of the engineering-based pilot program for the A3 e-tron today at TED2012 in Long Beach, Calif., where Audi is presenting a vision for the role transportation will play in the world's increasingly congested urban centers of the future.
The A3 e-tron pilot program marks the first step by Audi into the expanding Ú.S. electric vehicle landscape, which is a central component of the discussion expected at the Audi Social Space at TED2012.
- Bertone Nuccio ConceptThe Nuccio is an 'extreme' sportscar that puts an evolutionary imprint on the concept that is built into Bertone's dna: the mid-rear engined berlinetta. Formally, the Nuccio takes its layout from the low, muscular one-box design that is part of the company's historic tradition. At the same time, it displays a styling language of strong emotional impact that projects the brand's identity into the future.
- Edsel Ford's Restored 1934 Model 40 Special Speedster Returns to Amelia Island Concours d'EleganceIt has been 13 years since Edsel Ford's 1934 Model 40 Special Speedster first made headlines when it rolled onto the field at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. The elegant roadster, which was rediscovered in 1999 by the show's founder and Chairman Bill Warner, will return again on Sunday, March 11 to the 17 the annual Concours; this time as part of the collection of the historic Edsel Eleanor Ford House (Ford House) and completely restored to its timeless elegance.
The Speedster's grace, style and somewhat mysterious 78-year history has intrigued automotive collectors, enthusiasts and writers worldwide with its story of a decades-long journey.
- Ferrari Racing Days Return to Mazda RacewayWith a unique sound all their own, historic Ferraris and their modern-day relatives will take to the race track May 18-20 for Ferrari Racing Days.
'We had a tremendous response to this event last year,' says Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. 'Ferrari's have such a loyal following and we had participants and spectators from around the world turn out to see these cars in their natural environment – the race track.'
Ferrari 458s will compete alongside their predecessor the F430s in the Ferrari Challenge as well as separate 599XX, FXX and Shell Historic races. The highlight of the weekend might just be the F1 Clienti races, where the high pitch whine of these extraordinary machines reverberates through the race track and surrounding hillside. There is a nothing like the sound of an F1 tearing down the straightaway.
- GMC Sierra HD Has Résumé for Any Plowing JobWith the white stuff finally falling on cities used to snow-covered roads earlier in the winter, plow-equipped trucks that make up a $20 billion annual industry are coming out to play. Only the GMC Sierra HD pickup offers the flexibility of an adjustable torsion bar front suspension as part of the industry's most-comprehensive plow prep package.
'For plow operators, our torsion bar independent front suspension is a major differentiator,' said Sierra ride and handling engineer Chris Bither. 'Our competitors' beam axles can't match it for traction on uneven surfaces and axle hop reduction.'
- Camp Jeep at the 2012 Cleveland Auto ShowOn- and off-road driving course demonstrates legendary 4x4 capability of Jeep® brand vehicles
Consumers can experience first-hand the attributes of the entire Jeep vehicle lineup without leaving the show floor
February 23, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is
- Chrysler Group Executive Saad Chehab Named 2011 Newsmaker of the Year By Crain's Detroit BusinessChehab recognized for his role in the development of Chrysler Brand's 'Born of Fire' commercial and 'Imported from Detroit' advertising campaign
Crain's: 'The commercial transcended mere car selling'
Newsmaker of the Year event was held on Feb. 23 in Detroit
- Honda to Power Sarah Fisher Hartman RacingAmerican Honda and its Honda Performance Development (HPD) subsidiary will power a single-car effort from Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing for young American driver Josef Newgarden in the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series, HPD and the team announced today.
Under terms of the agreement, HPD will provide its ne
- Honda Performance Development Expands Professional Touring Car ProgramHonda Performance Development's production-based racing program continues to grow as the 2012 racing season begins, with customer Honda and Acura teams racing in Touring Car series in both the United States and Canada.
In 2012, drivers and teams will be competing in series ranging from the Grand
- Inaugural Sebring Historics Scheduled for October 25-28, 2012Sebring International Raceway announced the addition of the Sebring Historics event to the 2012 calendar. In conjunction with the 60th anniversary celebration of the Sebring 12 hour classic, the track is creating an annual event to honor the historic cars that have competed on the legendary circuit.
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks has a strong position in China: Intensified cooperation with the Chinese construction machinery manufacturer ZoomlionDaimler and Zoomlion sign letter of intent for the delivery of 2,500 Mercedes-Benz trucks
Mercedes-Benz Trucks the market leader among European competitors in China's import segment
Hubertus Troska, Head of Mercedes-Benz Trucks: 'This order deepens our partnership with Zoomlion'[
- Concours d'Elegance of America Announces Official CharitiesThe Board of Directors of the Concours d'Elegance of America has announced that the College for Creative Studies (CCS), Leader Dogs for the Blind and Hospice of Michigan will be its charitable beneficiaries at the 2012 Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's.
Concours' Director and Chief Ju
- Edsel Ford's Restored 1934 Model 40 Special Speedster Returns to Amelia Island Concours d'EleganceIt has been 13 years since Edsel Ford's 1934 Model 40 Special Speedster first made headlines when it rolled onto the field at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. The elegant roadster, which was rediscovered in 1999 by the show's founder and Chairman Bill Warner, will return again on Sunday, March
- Ferrari Racing Days Return to Mazda RacewayF1 Corse Clienti, FXX and 458 Ferrari Challenge Races on the Schedule
With a unique sound all their own, historic Ferraris and their modern-day relatives will take to the race track May 18-20 for Ferrari Racing Days.
'We had a tremendous response to this event last year,' says Gill Cam
- Toyota Confirms Prius Plug-In's Eligibility for an Additional State of California ConsumerIncentive and Its EPA Mileage Rating
As the 2012 Prius Plug-in models begin to arrive at dealerships, Toyota Motor Sales, Inc. announces that it has been approved for the State of California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP).
Designed to promote the use of Zero Emissions Vehicle
- Milhous Collection Achieves Impressive $38.3 Million In SalesRM Auctions in association with Sotheby's lifted the gavel on the renowned Milhous Collection during a two-day sale this week in Boca Raton, Florida, generating over $38.3 million in sales with an impressive 100% of all lots sold.
The result of over 50 years of dedicated collecting by brothers Bob & Paul Milhous, the sale presented a range of exceptionally rare mechanical musical instruments, automobiles and collectibles before a packed house. Bidders represented 18 countries from around the world, including as far away as China, Russia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Francois Cevert: The Man Who Made a Name for HimselfFrancois Cevert was about to emerge from the shadow of a champion. He was about to make a name for himself. Unfortunately, on a beautiful fall day amidst the pastoral surroundings of New York State's Finger Lakes region, the name Albert Francois Cevert would be added to a lengthening list of grand prix drivers to have died while at the wheel of their cars.
At a time of intense of revolution, during the long dark days of Russia's early 20th century history, one's name would become very important. It had the potential to mean either life or death. Albert Francois Cevert wasn't even a passing thought to Charles Goldenberg, a young Russian-Jew. The Jewish people were facing increasing persecution and many families would brave the unknown and leave their native land to find hope somewhere else. Charles Goldenberg would accompany his parents to Paris, France.
- Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept To Be Revealed At 2012 Geneva Motor ShowLand Rover will unveil a Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. The Evoque Convertible Concept vehicle will explore the potential for the world's first premium convertible SÚV.
This bold concept builds on the global success of the Evoque and continues Land Rover's tradition for creating and leading new market §egmènts. The concept is being shown to gauge reaction and to assess the potential for what could be another white space product from the world's leading SÚV brand.
- The 1971 & 1973 United States Grand Prix: A Tale of Two RacesThe days were certainly similar. Brilliant sun shining, an almost cloudless sky, the end of yet another personally successful season and Jackie Stewart the World Champion, there were so many similarities to the two United States Grand Prix. However, for Francois Cevert and the whole of the Formula One world, the two races couldn't have been any further apart, especially emotionally.
Before the United States Grand Prix held at Watkins Glen, the 1971 season had proven to be another year in which the Tyrrell Team had been dominant. Coming into the final race of the season the battle for the Driver's and Constructors' Championships had long since been decided. With six victories out of ten races to that point in the season, Stewart more than dominated the championship.
- Top athlete for the premium compact segment: The BMW Concept M135iSimultaneously with the world premiere of the first BMW M Performance automobiles, BMW's concept study of a further model from this new product category will be showcased on the media days (6 – 7 March 2012) at this year's Geneva International Motor Show. The BMW Concept M135i consistently utilises the dynamic potential of the new BMW 1 Series for the concept of the first BMW M Performance automobile featuring a straight six-cylinder petrol engine. The body design of the BMW Concept M135i assigns the youthful and sporty looks of the new BMW 1 Series to a three-door compact model, complementing it wîth the distinctive athleticism so typical of a BMW M Performance automobile.
- Tyrrell-Cosworth 002Many believed Ken Tyrrell's chances were minimal at best when Matra refused to provide his team with a new car. The rumors and questions appeared to be true when Tyrrell decided to go with a new March chassis that was only a top ten car at best. But what everyone didn't know is that Tyrrell had a surprise, an ace up his sleeve that would cause him to be remembered as one of the best in Formula One's history.
Tyrrell was well aware of the fact Matra was not going to supply his team with a new chassis. Matra was focused on building its own project, its own team, centered around its V12 engine. Therefore, for Tyrrell to have use of the Matra chassis he would have to agree to use the Matra V12 as well. This created some problems. He had been running the Cosworth engine, which was produced by Ford. A large amount of his budget came from Ford. Matra had merged with Simca. Simca was a subsidiary of Chrysler, a rival to Ford. This would have negated the large amount of funding received from Ford.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America Adds AeroVironment's Turnkey Electric Vehicle Charging Station and Installation Solution to its Integrated EV Offering- AeroVironment to deliver complete electric vehicle home recharging system, installation and warranty to Mitsubishi i drivers
- Site consultation fee waived for customers placing Mitsubishi i pre-order online
CYPRESS, Calif. and MONROVIA, Calif., -- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 at 2012 The Classics at the Trump Taj MahalFive Gold MCA and SAAC Awards in the all NOS Trailered Division Numbers matching drivetrain with all original body panels Fully restored to factory stock in 2000 by Ed Mayer Original build sheet accompanies the car
Numbers matching 429 cid V8, factory Toploader four-speed manual transmission, Mu
- The 1971 & 1973 United States Grand Prix: A Tale of Two RacesThe days were certainly similar. Brilliant sun shining, an almost cloudless sky, the end of yet another personally successful season and Jackie Stewart the World Champion, there were so many similarities to the two United States Grand Prix. However, for Francois Cevert and the whole of the Formula O
- Subaru Launches FirstCarStory.com Allowing Car Lovers to Share Their First Car Experiences Through Animated StorytellingFirst Car Story's proprietary technology allows users to direct, animate, relive and share their first car story, with the ability to tag friends and share across social platforms
CHERRY HILL, N.J., Feb. 24, 2012 -- Subaru of America, Inc. announced the launch of its First Car Story
- IESE and SEAT join forces to evaluate key factors of electro-mobility in Spain• 70% of Spain's daily driving distances can be addressed with electro-mobility
• R&D investment and collaboration between public and private sectors essential for introduction phase of e-mobility
• Over 60 Executive MBA students participated in the 'SEAT e-mobility Project'
- Mystery Texas collector to give Beatle George Harrison's Aston Martin DB5 its U.S. debut at the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of TexasHouston stand by. George Harrison's celebrated 1965 Aston Martin DB5 will make its U.S. debut in the Lone Star State in May. The anonymous Texas collector, who made global news in December when he won the international bidding war for the legendary Beatle's sports car at a London auction, has confirmed that it will be on display at the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of Texas, helping to raise some serious money for charity. 'If you have ever wanted to have your photograph taken in a sports car that once belonged to a member of the world's most famous rock band, this is your chance,' said Lolly Bezy, Executive Director. 'We are delighted to be in a position to offer spectators such a great opportunity and look forward to a sensational event this spring.'
- New Generation i30 Family to be Extended at Geneva ShowAhead of its world debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the New Generation i30 wagon has today broken cover. It is the second member of the New Generation i30 family, and joins the five-door hatchback to broaden the appeal of Hyundai's C-Segment range.
The stylish wagon shares engines and running gear wîth the well-received New Generation i30 five-door, but has a longer body to create a significant increase in trunk space without compromising the model's dynamic styling.
- The New Aston Martin Vantage Range for 2012The Aston Martin Vantage range continues to evolve wîth a comprehensive array of improvements to the V8 Vantage aimed at enhancing the dynamic feel, style and competitive pricing of the marque's entry-level sports car. There are also changes at the top-end of the Vantage range wîth the new and ultra-exclusive V12 Zagato assuming the role of flagship when it enters production later this year.
- Aston Martin On Ice 2012 welcomes a record 200 participantsAston Martin's 4th annual winter driving experience Aston Martin ON ICE proves to be red-hot attracting more customers than ever in the history of the event to St. Moritz in pursuit of the white turf sensation offered by the British luxury sports car brand.
This year this unique driving event has a
- Hyundai Motor To Sponsor Ski Jumping Competitions•Two-year sponsorship for events around the world
•First event is Ski Flying World Championships in Norway this month
Hyundai Motor Co., one of the world's largest and fastest-growing automakers, announced today that it will sponsor ski jumping competitions around the world, beginning with the
- Mazda Teams Up with Velocity For 2012 U.S. TV BroadcastsFebruary 21, 2012 (IRVINE, Calif.) The best race in the world is hearsay unless people see it. Some of the best racing in the world is not the headline race, but the support races featuring the stars of tomorrow. Mazda has supported more road racers over the past decade than any other auto
- Mazda's High-Efficiency and High-Compression SKYACTIV-G Gasoline Engine Awarded- The 9th New JSPMI Prize from Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan Society for Promotion of Machine Industry -
HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation was honored at the 9th New Japan Society for Promotion of Machine Industry (JSPMI) awards presentation. Mazda received the Ne
- American Le Mans Series Kicks Off Mazda Raceway SeasonMazda Raceway Laguna Seca kicks off its 55th season with the American Le Mans Monterey, presented by Patrón, an exhilarating six hour endurance race, May 11-12.
Featuring multiple classes of high-tech sports cars competing together, the American Le Mans Series sees constant passing and on-track
- Mercedes-Benz Recognizes a Film Icon in MotionAn SL Retrospect Spanning Six Decades Marked with Support for Film Restoration During Academy Awards Season
Hollywood's love affair with motion is not exclusive to pictures, but also with the wheels belonging to the iconic Mercedes-Benz SL, which has played a role in over 150 movies and te
- Mystery Texas collector to give Beatle George Harrison's Aston Martin DB5 its U.S. debut at the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of TexasHouston stand by. George Harrison's celebrated 1965 Aston Martin DB5 will make its U.S. debut in the Lone Star State in May. The anonymous Texas collector, who made global news in December when he won the international bidding war for the legendary Beatle's sports car at a London auction, has confir
- 2012 Chevrolet Volt Cleared for California's Carpool LanesLow Emissions Package model certified for special driving privilege and rebate
A low emission model of the 2012 Chevrolet Volt electric car are on their way to California, where customers will qualify for a $1,500 state rebate and be allowed to drive solo in the state's carpool lanes.
- GM Vehicles Help Make Movie MagicFrom Motor City to Hollywood, cars take leading role on the Silver Screen
Lights, camera, start your engines! For one night each year, Hollywood gathers to honor the best in the movie industry. Yet, an often unsung star in these films seldom receives the credit it deserves – the automobile
- Cadillac XTS Named Connected Car of the YearHonored for balance of safety, convenience, infotainment
Connected World magazine awarded the Cadillac XTS a Connected Car of the Year award in the luxury category. Available in late spring 2012, the new XTS will debut Cadillac CUE, a comprehensive in-vehicle experience that merges intuit
- MINI further widens its global sales network: first MINI showroom launches in Jordan.Premium small car brand MINI has stepped up its involvement in the Middle East sales area in geographical terms as well: the brand's market entry into the Kingdom of Jordan brings a further boost to MINI's presence in this growth-intensive economic region. In 2011, MINI posted a 77 per cent increase
- New automatic climate control in the BMW 3 Series operates using advanced thermal management.Increased interior comfort thanks to improved air quality, better fuel economy through intelligent control.
München. For a long time, motorists regarded air conditioning merely as a guarantee of a cool workplace when behind the wheel. During the early 1980s, the optional extra was
- Bentley Reveals New Mulsanne Mulliner Driving SpecificationBentley will unveil a highly distinctive and sporting interpretation of the Mulsanne at the Geneva Show next month. The new Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification blends a range of striking design features including unique 21-inch alloy wheels, Bentley Flying 'B' wing vents and Diamond Quilted leather trimmed cabin wîth driver-selectable, sports-tuned suspension and §teering, underscoring the performance credentials of Bentley's 6.75 litre V8 ultra-luxury sports saloon.
- Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse celebrates world premiere in GenevaBugatti Automobiles S.A.S. is set to unveil the most powerful roadster of all time at the 82nd International Geneva Motor Show at the beginning of March.
With an increase in power up to 1,200 HP, the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse has entered a new dimension of open-top driving. Optically aligned to the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, which holds the current world speed record of 431 km/h, the Vitesse also impresses wîth its dynamic driving characteristics.
- MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS presents F1 W03 in BarcelonaMercedes-Benz this morning marked two world premieres at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, wîth the unveiling of the 2012 Silver Arrow, the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 W03, and the first public sneak preview of the brand-new Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG. The new high-performance roadster, which develops 537 PS while delivering weight savings of 125 kg and 30% improved fuel economy, was introduced by Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher.
- The new Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG - Lower Weight and Displacement, Higher PerformanceThe stage is set for the new Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG. Planned to follow the Ú.S. debut of the new-generation SL550 roadster later this year, the latest version of the high-performance SL model features more power, lighter weight and an approximately 30 percent better gas mileage.
Thanks to its aluminum bodyshell (similar to the SLS AMG super sports car), the weight of the new SL63 AMG has been reduced by 275 pounds. With a curb weight of 4,059 pounds (estimated) and 530 horsepower, the new model boasts unparalleled performance and an extraordinary driving experience.
- Vote for the Future of Mobility with Local Motors in Partnership with Shell GameChangerDRIVEN (Design of Relevant and Innovative Vehicles for Energy Needs) Invites you to help choose winning vehicle designs and recipients of $15,000 in prizes – and a scale model of a new vehicle.
Phoenix, Ariz. – February 22, 2012 – On January 17, 2012 Local Motors in partnership with Shell'
- Ford Upgrades Virtual Reality Simulator to Help Develop Future Safety Technologies, Driver Aids•Ford recently upgraded its state-of-the-art VIRtual Test Track EXperiment (VIRTTEX) simulator with improved image rendering technologies and capabilities to study driver performance, helping in the development of safety and driver aid technologies
•VIRTTEX has helped in the development of heads-u
- Chrysler Brand Introduces New ‘Imported from Detroit' MerchandiseOver 60 all-new items available for sale now at www.IFDstore.com
Chrysler brand continues to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the ‘Imported from Detroit' merchandise to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan, Habitat for Humanity Detroit, The Marshall Mathers Fou
- Amelia Concours Hosts Road Racing Endurance Stars in the Great Endurance Drivers SeminarThe Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will host The Great Endurance Drivers Seminar at 10:30 AM, March 10, 2012 in the Talbot Ballroom of the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island. The panel for this once-in-a-lifetime seminar is composed of a who's who of, world championship sports car endurance racing.
- Renowned Dingman Collection Joins RM's Expanding 2012 CalendarBuilding on its reputation as the specialists for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions is delighted to announce the addition of The Dingman Collection to its expanding 2012 calendar. Scheduled June 8 – 9 in Hampton, New Hampshire, just 50 miles from Boston, Massachusetts, the upcoming sale is a continuation of RM's highly successful Dingman auction in 2006.
- Amelia Concours Hosts Road Racing Endurance Stars in the Great Endurance Drivers SeminarThe Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will host The Great Endurance Drivers Seminar at 10:30 AM, March 10, 2012 in the Talbot Ballroom of the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island. The panel for this once-in-a-lifetime seminar is composed of a who's who of, world championship sports car endurance racing.
- California Mille : 2012 InformationThe 2012 running of the California Mille will take place April 29th to May 3rd over 1,000 miles of twisty back roads in California Gold Country, Lake Tahoe and historic Nevada.
The 22nd annual running of the California Mille will begin Sunday, April 29th with a public car show at the Fairmont Hotel atop San Francisco's Nob Hill, with 65 historic race cars on display from 11am to 6pm. Participants depart at 8:30am the following morning for a four-day, 1000-mile adventure that will take them along little-known roads to picturesque towns, concluding at Solage Calistoga in Sonoma County on May 4th.
- Crossing over between passenger car and SUV: New Passat Alltrack for onroad and offroad worldsMany car drivers – from skiers to sailors to globetrotters – are lòòking for a versatile, offroad vehicle that is also a very spacious passenger car wîth rugged qualities. A car like the new Passat Alltrack. Fast, fuel-efficient, versatile and wîth offroad capability. This Volkswagen closes the gap between passenger car and SÚV. In contrast to the familiar Passat Estate, the design concept of this new model includes independent bumper styling and flared side sills. Properties for driving offroad were also perfected: bigger offroad ramp and approach angles, significantly increased ground clearance and underbody guards front and rear, make the Passat Alltrack an ideal SÚV alternative off the beaten track. In addition to these modifications, the styling of the Alltrack also reflects its offroad character.
- Geneva premiere for the new Maserati Granturismo SportThe new Maserati GranTurismo Sport that will premiere at the next Geneva Auto Show is characterized by an elegant overall restyling stressing its sporty nature and by increased performances.
innovative functionally redesigned new front bumper optimizes the front air flows for both engine and breaks cooling. A new design of the bumper wîth a new style profile frames the new headlights wîth DRL Led technology. The rear of the new GranTurismo Sport is characterized by new taillights in an elegant, more aggressive, darker tone.
- More space for style: The MINI Clubvan Concept.Stand-out-from-the-crowd style can also be amazingly practical – and practicality surprisingly attractive. The MINI Clubvan Concept brings apparently conflicting profiles together into a single package, paving the way for an innovative vehicle concept without parallel in the premium small car §egmènt. The MINI Clubman-based concept car, scheduled for its world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show 2012, combines the driving fun for which MINI is renowned wîth increased load-carrying capability. The MINI experience will therefore find its way into new areas of life, the brand's distinctive character gaining new popularity among target groups not previously on the MINI radar.
- The Rinspeed Dock+Go ConceptYou're not going to take your steamer trunk as if you were going on a lengthy vacation if all you want to do is a little shopping at your local supermarket!' - No, Swiss automotive visionary Frank M. Rinderknecht isn't hiring out as an experienced travel consultant these days who has seen much of the world. Rather the man from Zumikon near Zurich is simply pointing out that usually all of us automatically do the right thing when we move around: we lug around as little ballast and unnecessary items as possible. And it is precisely this from an economic and ecological standpoint sensible behavior that Rinderknecht echoes wîth his new concept car 'Dock+Go' on two and sometimes three axles. The concept will be on display for hands-on inspection at the Geneva Motor Show, March 8 through 18, 2012.
- Worldwide Auctioneers at the Trump Taj Mahal Atlantic CityWorldwide Auctioneers will hold its Classics at the Trump Taj Mahal Atlantic City auction on February 24th, 2012, at the Trump Taj Mahal Hotel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Among the selection of automobiles slated to go across the auction block at the 2012 Worldwide Auctioneers Atlantic City is a 1939 Packard Twelve Series 1708 Brunn All Weather Cabriolet, one of only four produced; an ACD and AACA award-winning 1930 Auburn 8-125 Boattail Speedster and a CCCA-eligible 1931 Cadillac Fleetwood Sport Phaeton, offered without reserve.
- DOUBLE APPOINTMENT TO BOLSTER BENTLEY GLOBAL SALESBentley has today confirmed two appointments to strengthen its regional sales and marketing operations. With effect from 1 February 2012, Till Scheer became Regional Director, Greater China and Guillaume Chabin rejoined Bentley as Regional Director, Europe.
Announcing the appointments, Member of
- California Mille 2012 InformationThe 2012 running of the California Mille will take place April 29th to May 3rd over 1,000 miles of twisty back roads in California Gold Country, Lake Tahoe and historic Nevada.
The 22nd annual running of the California Mille will begin Sunday, April 29th with a public car show at the Fairmont Ho
- Vitaly Petrov Joins Caterham F1 TeamCaterham F1 Team has today announced that Vitaly Petrov has joined the team as race driver, replacing Jarno Trulli with immediate effect. The Russian was at the Anglo-Malaysian team's factory in Hingham on Friday 17th February for a seat fitting ahead of his first run with the team at the second pre
- Audi connect at CeBITAudi and Audi Urban Future Initiative exhibit for the first time at CeBIT in Hanover
New, innovative technologies for mobile IT applications
Debut for the new Audi A3 in Germany
Audi is represented at CeBIT for the first time with a dedicated exhibition stand. Appear
- Peugeot 208 XY Concept: Úrban chicPeugeot is revealing not one, but two concept cars at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, which present two expressions of the Marque's upmarket trend in the supermini §egmènt. These concept cars interpret the generation leap already defined by the 208 but in different contexts. The Peugeot 208 XY Concept is intended for city dwellers who love distinction and refinement, whereas the GTi Concept re-generates an iconic legend.
The first thing that attracts you wîth the 208 and especially wîth these two concepts is the detailing of the signature LED headlamp design, which is prominently visible both day and night. Úsing Full-LED technology, the front directional indicators surround the main beam headlamps giving these concept cars the impression of having an iris. The rectangular headlamp units, when used on main beam, appear to have a 'feline pupil' … a technological and precise expression that is fully identifiable wîth the lion Marque.
- RM Auctions Offers Ferrari-Powered Hydroplane, 'ARNO XI', in MonacoRM Auctions is delighted to announce the consignment of the world-famous Ferrari-engined Hydroplane racing boat, ARNO XI, to its highly anticipated Monaco auction, 11th – 12th May, 2012.
A unique piece of history, ARNO XI joins an elite roster of blue-chip automobiles and motorcycles slated for the multi-day sale at the Grimaldi Forum. Held during the same weekend as the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique, RM's two-day, biennial Monaco sale follows a record-setting debut auction in 2010 which saw the Company achieve over €33 million in sales, with bidders representing more than 33 countries from around the world. This year's event is set to continue the momentum, bringing together a magnificent roster of collectible vehicles with the world's most discerning collectors.
- Sir Jeremy Boles: 1954 Formula One SeasonMotor racing, especially grand prix racing, has always been attractive to the wealthy and affluent. Of course, it would take the fortune of royalty to be able to pay for it and be competitive. Fortunately for Don Beauman, he would know Sir Jeremy Boles.
Sir Jeremy John Fortescue Boles was born on the 9th of January in 1932. The son of Sir Gerald Boles and Violet Blanche Hall Parlby, Sir Jeremy would be educated at the Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, England. By the time Sir Jeremy was 16 years of age, the Silverstone Circuit, just about 5 miles up the road from the Stowe School, would host the first British Grand Prix since before the outbreak of World War II. Undoubtedly, this would fuel the young man's passion for motor racing.
By the early and middle 1950s, Sir Jeremy was just in his early 20s but he was already making his plans to enter the upper levels of motor racing. Sir Jeremy would intend to start out by making his debut in sportscar racing, but it would quickly evolve into a foray into Formula One grand prix racing. But he needed a couple of important elements. One of those was a driver.
- The 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429The Boss 429 was based on Ford's 385-series V8 engine and was given aluminum cylinder heads with hemispherical combustion chambers, an aluminum high-rise intake, a 735-cfm Holley carburetor, 10.5:1 compression, header-style exhaust manifolds, a four-bolt main block and more. Standard equipment included a 'Toploader' close-ratio four-speed transmission and a nine-inch Traction-Lok rear end with 3.91:1 gears, plus an engine-oil cooler, a trunk-mounted battery, competition suspension with front and rear anti-roll bars and staggered rear shocks, power front disc brakes, chrome Magnum 500 wheels and wide F60X15 tires. Ford conservatively rated the 'street' version of the Boss 429 Mustang at 375 horsepower. Priced at $4,087, the Boss 429 was the priciest non-Shelby Mustang to date.
- XY Concept, exclusive and urban GTi Concept, the re-generation of a legendPeugeot is revealing two concept cars in Geneva, the XY Concept and the GTi Concept, which present two expressions of the Marque's upmarket trend, in the 'supermini' §egmènt. These concept cars interpret the generation leap already defined by the 208 in different contexts. The XY Concept is intended for city dwellers who love distinction and refinement, whereas the GTi Concept re-generates a legend.
The XY Concept and GTi Concept show off exclusive and sophisticated colours and news ways of working wîth materials. Introduced on the 208 and particularly charismatic, their front face sees the light signature of the lamps refined by their Full-LED functions and a flat-guide latest generation light guide. A prominent expression visible both day and night!
- RM Auctions Offers Ferrari-Powered Hydroplane, 'ARNO XI', in Monaco• RM Auctions offers the famous and truly exceptional 1953 ARNO XI Hydroplane alongside a stunning collection of motor cars and motorcycles at its Monaco sale, 11th – 12th May, 2012
• This world-famous racing boat was constructed with assistance from Ferrari and the great Grand Prix drivers of the
- Gill Campbell Honored by the Coalition of Monterey CountyThe Coalition of Monterey County Chambers of Commerce held a special reception February 16 to present Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with the 2012 Economic Leadership Award. The recognition was for Campbell's dedicated leadership in economic development and contribut
- Model of the Year was introduced at the Glenmoor GatheringA 1/43 scale model of a 1938 Packard Twelve convertible Victoria that was introduced at the 2011 Glenmoor Gathering has been selected as the Diecast Zone Model of the Year. The model was produced Automodello.
A group of nine scale model enthusiasts constituted the selection panel. According to D
- Cadillac's Electric Self Starter Turns 100With the turn of a key or push of a button, starting a car today is taken for granted. But a century ago, the electric starter that debuted in the 1912 Cadillac Touring Edition helped establish Cadillac's reputation as a test bed of technology and innovation.
Before the electric starter, it took a hand crank, a lot of muscle, and a bit of hope to start driving.
'Hand cranking was the No. 1 injury risk in those early days of the automobile,' said Greg Wallace, director of the General Motors Heritage Center, referring to the kickback on a crank handle that could break an arm, or worse.
As cars grew larger and purposeful, so did the engines and effort required to start them. It was so difficult, in fact, that it gave rise to the term 'cranky,' which often described someone's mood after struggling to start a car.
- Ferrari at AutoClassica in MilanThe Museo Ferrari will be one of the exhibitors at the AutoClassica in Milan, the most important car show for historical cars, organised at the new Milan fair in Rho from 17 to 19 February.
Two cars from the Museo Ferrari exhibition will be displayed, representing the history of the Prancing Horse.The first, the 500 F2, is the single-seater which won the 1952 F1 Championship. 2012 sees, in fact, the 60th anniversary of the first Ferrari victory in this Championship with Alberto Ascari, who took the first of the Scuderia Ferrari 's 15 Drivers' titles to date.
- INAUGURAL CONCORSO ATLANTICO TO FEATURE ITALY'S FINESTThe first ever Concorso Atlantico celebrating the exotic vehicles of Italy is set for Saturday, March 10th, 2012, from 10am to 4pm, at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort located at 6800 First Coast Highway on Amelia Island, Florida. Owners of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia and other vehicles of Italian heritage are invited to display their vehicles on one of the Omni's world class golf courses bordering the Atlantic Ocean.
- GM Reports 2011 Net Income of $7.6 BillionGeneral Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today announced 2011 calendar-year net income attributable to common stockholders of $7.6 billion, or $4.58 per fully diluted share, up from $4.7 billion, or $2.89 per fully diluted share, in 2010.
Revenue increased 11 percent to $150.3 billion, compared with $135.
- Cadillac's Electric Self Starter Turns 100With the turn of a key or push of a button, starting a car today is taken for granted. But a century ago, the electric starter that debuted in the 1912 Cadillac Touring Edition helped establish Cadillac's reputation as a test bed of technology and innovation.
Before the electric starter, it took
- New 2012 Fiat 500 Named 'Best Car' in Travel + Leisure's Annual Design Awards IssueKnown for providing its readers with insight into the authentic, the innovative and the irresistible, Travel + Leisure named the new 2012 Fiat 500 'Best Car' in its eighth annual 'Travel + Leisure Design Awards.' The 2012 Travel + Leisure Design Awards recognize new products, buildings and destinati
- Elva to be Honored at Racing Research Center in AprilThe car whose name means 'she goes' will be the focus of two days of activities in April presented by the International Motor Racing Research Center at Watkins Glen as its season opener.
The Elva is described as 'deceptively simple and surprisingly competitive' by the publisher of an award-winnin
- Ferrari at AutoClassica in MilanThe Museo Ferrari will be one of the exhibitors at the AutoClassica in Milan, the most important car show for historical cars, organised at the new Milan fair in Rho from 17 to 19 February.
Two cars from the Museo Ferrari exhibition will be displayed, representing the history of the Prancing Hor
- Pushing Personal Driving Performance to the Limits with AMG Driving AcademyDriving enthusiasts and AMG fans get a chance to enhance their driving abilities and push the most exclusive and highest performance Mercedes-Benz luxury cars to the limit at the AMG Driving Academy. For 2012, the AMG Driving Academy has expanded to five tracks, beginning at Palm Beach Internationa
- 1962 South African Grand PrixThe season had come down to just one last race on one last day. A little less than two years prior Alfred Owen had threatened to close down the entire racing team. But on the 29th of December, just three days before the start of 1963, BRM and Graham Hill would be on the verge of its first World Championship. However, each of them would need a lot of things to go right.
At the 1958 Monaco Grand Prix, just five years after teaching himself how to drive and passing his driving test at the age of 24, Graham Hill would take part in his first Formula One World Championship race.
Hill would come into Formula One with a very young and very green Team Lotus captained by Colin Chapman. Over the course of two years with the team, Hill would endure more retirements than race finishes and would fail to earn even a single championship point throughout his experience with the team.
- 1966 Indianapolis 500: Hill's Second Leg'Chapman now joined in, telling Fengler to ‘pull that car off the track before it kills every driver in the race.' Chapman was right, the danger was enormous. Agajanian screamed at Chapman to keep out of it. Agajanian and Fengler were friends. There were only ten laps to go. Fengler looked long at Agajanian and then told Vidan to put the flag away. The establishment had won… But even Clark's failure pointed to the end for the roadsters.'
The rear-engined 'funny' cars would not be well received at Indianapolis the first time they appeared in 1961. The two styles of cars existing at the time couldn't have been further apart. The American style of racing placed the emphasis on fearless bravado and tenaciousness that would produce some very tight, utterly unforgiving, racing. Endurance and guts were the two greatest qualities to an American driver and team.
- 1972 24 Hours of Le MansBy the 1970s, many had thought Graham Hill had long since past his shelf life in motor racing. His results in Formula One were nowhere near what the two-time World Champion was capable of achieving. However, it was just when people started writing the Englishman off that he would find something a little extra to prove everyone wrong. And what he would end up achieving would be something that would place him in a league all his own.
Graham Hill's presence in the 1972 edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans would be far from the first time the Englishman would take part in the long distance classic. Hill had first attempted the famous race in 1958.
- 1972 Matra MS670In the years following the end of World War II, motor racing see a much greater influence from the aviation and aerospace industry in designing aerodynamically efficient designs to reduce drag and increase overall top speed. Then in the early 1960s, Jean-Luc Lagardere of Dassault Aviation would make a bold proclamation.
The 1970 and 1971 editions of the 24 Hours of Le Mans would see the Porsche 917 absolutely dominate the proceedings. Porsche would just be one of a long line of German, British and Italian manufacturers to dominate the French classic since Louis Rosier and his son won the race back in 1950. The French desperately longed for a win by a French manufacturer in their own race. But, it just wouldn't come. Not until Jean-Luc Lagardere arrived on the scene.
- BRM P57The idea of British Racing Motors (BRM) would be birthed in the final days of World War II. The underlying goal of the project would be to create a national racing team following the same theme as the mighty Silver Arrows from Germany. The team was to be a mighty force in motor racing. However, the team would make nothing but a mighty roar at the start. The invasion wouldn't come until much later, and it would be the P57 that would spearhead the attack.
- Geneva debut for lighter, more powerful Ferrari California with new 'handling speciale' packageThe Geneva Motor Show will see the official debut of the new version of the Ferrari California, production of which has already commenced, wîth a reduction of weight of 30 kg and an increase in power output of 30 CV.
The Ferrari California's GDI V8 now delivers 490 hp wîth maximum torque of 505 Nm at 5,000 rpm, thanks to new exhaust manifolds and engine mapping. The torque curve has also been modified and is higher across the engine's generous rev range.
- Graham Hill: The Triple Crown ChampionToday, we have listed a series of articles in honor of Graham Hill - the only driver to win the Triple Crown of Motorsports - the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Indianapolis 500 and Formula One World Championship.
Among the list of greatest racing drivers of all-time there is one that has to occupy a very special place in that list. While maybe not considered of the same caliber of Aryton Senna, Juan Manuel Fangio, or even Jackie Stewart, Graham Hill occupies a place in racing history all his own. For out of the century long history of motor racing there still has only been one driver to achieve racing's Triple Crown.
Hill's story begins not with the success and adulation that he would gain later on in his life but in the dark and scary nights of the 'Blitz' in London where sirens and fire would continually engulf London. Born on the north side of London on February 15th, 1929, Norman Graham Hill would be just ten years old when the Second World War would begin and when Luftwaffe aircraft would fill the skies over London and the south of England.
- Kia cee'd – The second generation is ready to goCombining dynamic, sophisticated styling with maturity and prestige, the all-new cee'd five-door hatchback makes its world debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.
The new cee'd is longer, wider and lower than its predecessor, with the same long wheelbase. The elegant simplicity of its coupe-like proportions is emphasised by a steeply raked A-pillar, a very low belt-line in the front and lengthened side windows.
The front of the new cee'd is dominated by the latest interpretation of Kia's trademark ‘tiger-nose' grille and aggressive, wraparound headlamp clusters housing signature LED daytime running lights.
- The Goggomobil TS400In 1951, Hans Glas entered the motor vehicle field with the Goggo motor scooter. It soon became apparent that there was a demand for inexpensive cars in the new Federal Republic of Germany. In the spring of 1955, the first Goggomobil left the factory at Dingolfing. Over the four years that followed, the company would produce more than 100,000 tiny coupes and sedans. They were small vehicles powered by a two-cylinder two-stroke engine. Three displacement sizes were available: 247, 296 and 395cc. By 1958, a front-mounted, four-stroke twin of 548cc and 700cc was introduced.
When production ceased in June of 1969, 280,739 vehicles had been built, including 66,511 coupes with engines of varying capacity. From 1962 to 1966, a Spanish factory, Munguia Industrial SA of Bilbao, built Goggomobil cars and vans. Spanish versions were different from those produced in Germany. About 5,000 vehicles were produced in Spain.
- 1962 South African Grand PrixThe season had come down to just one last race on one last day. A little less than two years prior Alfred Owen had threatened to close down the entire racing team. But on the 29th of December, just three days before the start of 1963, BRM and Graham Hill would be on the verge of its first World Cham
- 1966 Indianapolis 500: Hill's Second Leg'Chapman now joined in, telling Fengler to ‘pull that car off the track before it kills every driver in the race.' Chapman was right, the danger was enormous. Agajanian screamed at Chapman to keep out of it. Agajanian and Fengler were friends. There were only ten laps to go. Fengler looked long at A
- 1972 24 Hours of Le MansBy the 1970s, many had thought Graham Hill had long since past his shelf life in motor racing. His results in Formula One were nowhere near what the two-time World Champion was capable of achieving. However, it was just when people started writing the Englishman off that he would find something a li
- ARTHUR ROLLS-ROYCE BRINGS STAR POWER TO COLLECTOR CARS OF FORT LAUDERDALE AUCTIONHaving starred alongside Hollywood greats Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli and John Gielgud, a 1956 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith touring limousine featured in the 1980s blockbuster hit Arthur will be sold during Auctions America by RM's Collector Cars of Fort Lauderdale auction, March 16-18, at the Broward
- NATALIE WOODS MERCEDES-BENZ 300SL COMPETES AT 17TH ANNUAL AMELIA ISLANDThe motion picture and the automobile came of age together. By the late Twenties movies began to talk and cars became practical daily transportation. A few grand marques, like Duesenberg and Cadillac, also became badges of status and social rank. Power, speed and exclusivity were coin of the realm.
- ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S TOY BOX SET FOR FLORIDA AUCTION BLOCKThe focus of the global collector community turns to South Florida next week as RM Auctions, in association with Sotheby's, lifts the gavel on one of the world's finest private museums, the Milhous Collection, Feb. 24-25, in Boca Raton, Florida.
The result of over 50 years of dedicated collecting
- Gibbs Amphibians Introduces Phibian and Humdinga High Speed AmphitrucksGibbs Amphibians introduced the Phibian today at an event preceding the American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) annual conference. Equipped wîth Gibbs Amphibians' proprietary High Speed Amphibian (HSA) technology, Phibian joins Humdinga in the Gibbs Amphibians commercial portfolio, two new amphitrucks capable wîth many uses including military and rescue roles.
Phibian and Humdinga II feature Gibbs' proprietary High Speed Amphibian (HSA) technology, which incorporates many technological break throughs in suspension, water propulsion and wheel-retraction design. The water-jet propulsion system enables safe operation in shallow water yet provides the high levels of thrust necessary to achieve planing speeds within seconds. A patented retracting suspension system provides exceptional ride-and-handling on the road, but in the water retracts wheels in seconds to reduce hull drag in marine use.
- The Audi RS 4 AvantA modern classic from Audi is making a comeback: The third-generation RS 4 Avant combines potent performance wîth a high level of everyday practicality. It's 4.2-liter V8 produces 331 kW (450 hp); the seven-speed S tronic and quattro permanent all-wheel drive transfer that power to the road.
The Audi RS 4 Avant uses the same high-revving, normally aspirated V8 engine that powers the RS 5 Coupe. The 4,163 cc powerplant produces 331 kW (450 hp) at 8,250 rpm for a specific output of 108.1 hp per liter. Its maximum torque of 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) is available from 4,000 to 6,000 rpm. The responsive V8 wîth its red-painted cylinder head covers accelerates the RS 4 Avant from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 4.7 seconds on its way to a governed top speed of 250 km/h (155.34 mph). This can be increased to 280 km/h (173.98 mph) upon request.
- Touring Superleggera announces the Disco Volante 2012The international stage of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show will witness yet another world premiere from Touring Superleggera. The Milan-based coachbuilder celebrates the 60th anniversary of the 1952 Alfa Romeo C 52 'Disco Volante' wîth a tribute to its sporting heritage, the Disco Volante 2012.
The 2012 Disco Volante is a static style model based on the space-frame chassis of the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. As in the recent tradition of Touring, it will be coach-built in a very limited run for customers in search of an exclusive, sporty grand tourer.
- Lexus Throws Sports Illustrated Swimsuit a CurveThe Official Automotive Marketing Partner for SI Swimsuit Launch Week, Lexus and the All-New GS Take on a Real Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Supermodel's Curves in Its TORI 500 Campaign
Admiring the curves of a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model is one thing, but actually driving it—that's s
- Ford Earns Nearly 500 Hybrid Patents with 47-mpg Fusion Hybrid, Projected as America's Most Fuel-Efficient SedanNew Ford innovations have led to a 50-fold increase in hybrid patents to nearly 500, which is expected to help the new Fusion Hybrid achieve an unprecedented 47 mpg and would make it America's most fuel-efficient, non-rechargeable sedan
Ford's transformed lineup of fuel-efficient vehicles reflects
- Blue-Chip Automobiles Set for RM's Ocean Front Sale at Amelia IslandRM Auctions, the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, announced today its latest series of blue-chip automobiles set to cross the auction podium at its Amelia Island sale, March 10 in Florida.
Held in conjunction with the famed Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, the single-day sale will lift the gavel on more than 100 high-caliber automobiles, including ten examples expected to exceed $1 million.
- Treat Your Date to a Verano Valentine's DayBuick's newest sedan makes all the right moves for a special night
A successful Valentine's Day is more than red roses, milk chocolate and a romantic dinner. The 2012 Buick Verano luxury sedan can be the perfect way to start the night off right.
Nerves can be the enemy of good impress
- Aesthetic allure meets high performance: The new BMW M6 Coupe. The new BMW M6 Convertible.Out of a passion for elite performance and an appreciation of exclusive style comes the allure for which M Automobiles are renowned – and which can now be experienced in two new forms. The new BMW M6 Coupe and BMW M6 Convertible offer top-class performance attributes and an ambience defined by luxury and innovative comfort features. In so doing, the high-performance sports cars developed by BMW M GmbH exude a level of poise and assurance unmatched in the premium §egmènt of the executive class – and reflected authentically in the expressive design of the two models. The precise interplay of their high-revving V8 engine wîth M TwinPower Turbo technology and 412 kW/560 hp, a seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission wîth Drivelogic, Active M Differential, model-specific chassis technology, an ideal weight balance and optimised aerodynamic properties serves up a particularly full-blooded M experience.
- Statement for Headlamps on 2011-2012 Dodge Charger Police VehiclesChrysler Group LLC will conduct a voluntary safety recall of approximately 9,688 2011-2012 Model Year Dodge Charger Police vehicles to change and relocate the ABS/ESC fuse and replace the headlamp jumper harness. Some police vehicles were built with front headlamps that could experience a loss of lo
- 2012 Chrysler 300 and 2012 Dodge Charger Achieve 5-Star Safety Rating from National Highway Traffic Safety AdministrationBoth 2012 Chrysler Group models achieve top 5-star rating in front driver and overall vehicle scores
4-star rating achieved in rollover tests
NHTSA NCAP rating for both models follows 'Top Safety Pick' by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety earlier this year
- Ford CFO Lewis Booth and Global Product Chief Derrick Kuzak to Retire; Veteran Executives Named as Successors•Lewis Booth, executive vice president and chief financial officer, has elected to retire effective April 1, after a 34-year career
•Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development, has elected to retire effective April 1, after a 33-year career
•Booth will be succeeded by Bob Shan
- Ford Names Jon Huntsman to Board of DirectorsFord Motor Company announced today the election of Jon M. Huntsman Jr. to the company's Board of Directors effective immediately.
Huntsman, 51, is chairman of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, a Utah-based cancer charity. The former Republican candidate for president of the United States has serve
- Ford Taxis Help San Francisco Meet Aggressive Guidelines Set by 2008 Law•Event being held today in San Francisco to celebrate environmental achievements will include California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom and San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee
•San Francisco taxis have reduced gas use by 2.9 million gallons per year and lowered greenhouse gas emissions by 35,000 tons annually since
- New Ford B-MAX's Easy Access Door System is ‘Car Designer's Dream' Come to Life•B-MAX's ingenious hinged front doors and sliding rear doors integrate the central body pillars, providing unrivalled access for passengers and luggage
•Game-changing solution is culmination of intensive collaboration between designers and engineers to transform a tentative first sketch into a fun
- Ford and Latvala lead in Sweden as Fiesta dominates top sixFord World Rally Team drivers Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila led Rally Sweden after a demanding opening day's competition on snow and ice-covered roads. The Finns lead this second round of the FIA World Rally Championship by 16.8sec in a Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car, with team-mates Petter
- Most powerful Astra ever makes show debutBased on the GTC's platform and powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged direct injection engine, the Astra VXR produces 280PS of power and a mighty 400Nm of torque, enough for it to achieve a top speed of 155mph.
But while the Astra VXR is based on the new GTC, it has benefited from a raft of bespoke chassis modifications, transforming it into a focused, high-performance coupe. Setting it apart from all other current Astras is a specially developed mechanical limited slip differential, which works on the front wheels. In conjunction wîth the GTC's sophisticated HiPerStrut (High Performance Strut), the LSD provides the Astra VXR wîth exceptional lateral grip and traction through bends.
- Brewster-Knight Model 41While much of Brewster & Copmany's history would merge and be overshadowed by its partnership with Rolls-Royce, the company would live on in the memories of peoples' minds mostly because of its most memorable feature—its grille designs.
By no means does the story of Brewster & Company begin with automobiles, but its impeccable quality construction of coachwork would inevitably cause it to take its place in the days of luxurious hand-built coaches that would grace so many of the automobiles around the turn of the 20th century.
James Brewster's family history would extend all the way back to an ancestor aboard the Mayflower. Nearly 170 years later, James Brewster would be born in Preston, Connecticut and would begin the journey of becoming known as the 'first coachmaker with a competency'.
- Concours d'Elegance To Feature 'Jet-Age Station Wagons'The Concours d'Elegance of America is pleased to announce that 'Jet-Age Station Wagons' will be a featured class for the 2012 Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's.
This special class will feature some of the most beautiful, most interesting and rarely seen American station wagons from the late 1950s and early 1960s. 'In the world of collector cars, nothing's hotter than the glamorous wagons of the ‘Mad Men' era,' says Terry Boyce, noted automotive historian and St. John's Concours judge. 'These finned, tri-toned wagons celebrate an era of flamboyant design and American optimism.'
- Even more dynamic: the Audi TT RS plusEven more powerful, even faster, even more dynamic: Early 2012 will see the launch of the Audi TT RS plus. This compact sports car, in both Coupé and Roadster versions, stands out for its awe-inspiring performance. Its power-boosted five-cylinder turbo delivers 265 kW (360 hp), sufficient for a top speed of 280 km/h (173.98 mph).
The 2.5-liter TFSI in the Audi TT RS plus is a high-performance engine. Compared wîth the engine on which it is based, this turbocharged direct-injection unit delivers 15 kW (20 hp) more power. It produces 465 Nm (342.97 lb-ft) of torque, 15 Nm (11.06 lb-ft) more than before.
- Gilby Engineering: 1954 Formula One SeasonThough nicknamed the 'Wingless Wonder', the handicaps Sid Greene experienced in his life on fueled his desire to see his racing team, Gilby Engineering Co Ltd. to really take off.
As a young man, Sid Greene would be hit by a bus while riding his bike. And while he would live, he would lose the use of one of his arms. This would not slow him down by an stretch of the imagination, but it would make him into an angry and fierce competitor.
- The 1957 Maserati 3500 GTThe financial troubles the Maserati brothers, Bindo, Ernesto and Ettore, would find themselves in toward the late 1930s would affect the direction of their company in more ways than the brothers would realize. Of course, the most important way the company would be affected would be that the brothers would lose the company bearing their own name in 1947. Secondly, the troubles would change the focus of the company on a whole. But that would be a good thing as it would give the world the 3500 GT.
The Maserati brothers were geniuses when it came to designing grand prix and sports cars for the track. However, designing and building cars for production for the street was never really something the brothers focused on. This, of course, would be one of the problems the brothers would have. Companies like Alfa Romeo, even Enzo Ferrari, came to realize the need for street car sales to help offset costs associated with racing. And when the brothers sold their company to the Adolfo Orsi family in 1937, things would change.
- The 1968 Aston Martin DB6An inherent instability would end up providing Aston Martin with its longest running model up until that time in the company's history. While the Aston Martin DB5 model would help the company really take-off, it would be its tendency to takeoff at high speed that would give the world the DB6 grand tourer.
The DB series (so named honoring David Brown, the head of Aston Martin between 1947 and 1972) from Aston Martin was anything but new when it unveiled its DB4 in 1958. However, the DB4 would be different in so many ways from its predecessors. And yet, both the DB5 and the DB6 would bear a striking resemblance to its predecessor.
- The Waverley ElectricToday, much emphasis and hope is being placed in electric cars forging the path into the future. Nearly 100 years earlier electric cars were seen as the hope and the means for the future as well. And one of those believed to be pointing the way forward was the Waverley Electric automobile company.
Considered 'by far the best Electric on the Markey', Waverley Electric would be born from the Indiana Bicycle Company. The Indiana Bicycle Company first started around 1893 and would continue under that name until the turn of the 20th century when it then changed its name to American Bicycle Company. Albert Augustus Pope had established the company in Indianapolis. However, in 1898, Pope would merge what was the Indiana Bicycle Company with his American Electric Vehicle Company of Chicago. This is what led to the name change in 1900.
- Sensor Fusion Enables Cadillac Safety AdvancementsTechnology provides a building block for self-driving vehicles
The all-new 2013 Cadillac XTS, the most technologically advanced production car the luxury brand has ever offered, introduces an advanced active safety and driver assistance system, a significant milestone toward the developmen
- Concours d'Elegance To Feature 'Jet-Age Station Wagons'The Concours d'Elegance of America is pleased to announce that 'Jet-Age Station Wagons' will be a featured class for the 2012 Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's.
This special class will feature some of the most beautiful, most interesting and rarely seen American station wagons from the
- Silver Arrows Featured at 2012 Goodwood RevivalThe 2012 Goodwood Revival, scheduled for 14-16 September, will celebrate the pre-war Silver Arrows of Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union, 75 years after their first appearance on a British racing circuit.
Goodwood is hailing the arrival of the famous Silver Arrows Grand Prix cars as an 'once-in-a-life
- Gulfstream on Board for Gordon McCall's 2012 Motorworks Event!Gulfstream returns to Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival Event at the Monterey Jet Center, Wednesday August 15th, 2012!
Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. was recently named first in product support among original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) by two leading business aviation trade publications.
- At dealers from May 2012 - A sharp mix of colours: smart fortwo sharpredThe latest edition from smart has been christened sharpred. This smart fortwo is a real eye-catcher as the intense red of the tridion safety cell and door mirror housing forms a striking contrast to the rest of the exterior in black. The smart fortwo sharpred is available as a coupé (from €14,490) and as a cabrio wîth a 52 kW mhd petrol engine or a 62 kW petrol engine. The exciting special model can be ordered now and the first vehicles of this limited series will reach dealers in May 2012.
The exterior of the smart fortwo edition sharpred is characterised by the striking contrast of elegant black and extravagant red – creating an effect like the red neon sign of an exclusive bar against a black night sky. The bright red paintwork of the tridion safety cell and door mirror housing catch the eye, whilst the rest of the exterior comes in black. The front apron and rear trim panel are grained and the side skirts boast a high-gloss black finish.
- Chevrolet Cruze Station Wagon to Debut in GenevaThe Chevrolet Cruze station wagon, the third variant of Chevrolet's most-popular car, will make its global premiere at the 82nd International Geneva Motor Show early next month.
The station wagon complements the Cruze sedan and hatchback, which together have combined sales of more than 1 million vehicles globally since launch in 2009.
'The Cruze station wagon caters to an important market Segment. It ticks all the boxes for European drivers in terms of distinctive design, dynamic driving, space and economy,' said Chevrolet Europe President and Managing Director Susan Docherty.
The new station wagon, which is not planned for sale in North America, features generous storage space and a choice of powerful and efficient engines as well as the state-of-the-art Chevrolet MyLink onboard infotainment system.
- Mitsubishi to Debut the New Outlander at the 2012 Geneva Motor ShowMitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will present the global debut of the all-new Outlander at the 82nd Geneva International Motor Show which runs from March 6 through March 18. The new-generation Outlander was built to be eco-friendly and it accomplishes this as it returns fuel efficiency and CO2 emission levels that are among the best in its class.
In addition to its fuel efficiency and CO2 emission levels that are among the best in its class, other features distinguishing the new Outlander include enhanced levels of safety from the adoption of advanced safety technologies and a user-friendly interior that reflects pure quality.
The new Outlander will be launched first in Russia this summer, after which it will make its debut in European, Japanese, Oceania, Chinese and North American markets.
- Old Skool but effective are words one could use to describe the launch of our STR7On paper, the plan for today's unveiling of our new car at the Jerez circuit in southern Spain, looked like so many others that have gone before. There was a pretty girl from Spanish TV hosting the event, there were brief speeches from Franz Tost and Santiago Bergareche, the Co-Chairman of our sponsor CEPSA that hosted the event, followed by the drivers pulling a dust sheet off the new car. So nothing new there then.
However, the relaxed format seemed to go down well wîth the media and, wîth the sun still shining in the Spanish skies, we conducted most of our interview sessions in the pit lane. We had given the press what they needed, wîth the promise of more interviews tomorrow and then came the icing on the cake, as they were all invited back to our place in the paddock for an aperitivo and some finger food, while continuing to interview Daniel and Jev, Franz and Giorgio Ascanelli our Technical Director.
- The Allard K2For an all-too-brief period in the late 1940s and early 1950s, the name of Allard was one of the most revered of all motor manufacturers. The company's road cars were some of the most popular among wealthy enthusiasts, especially in the United States. The racing versions were more than competitive on the track, and the company's founder, Sidney Allard, was one of Britain's leading competitive drivers, winning the British Hillclimb Championship in 1949 and the Monte Carlo Rally in 1952.
- The New Aston Martin V12 ZagatoWith the final design signed-off and engineering development work progressing apace, Aston Martin today reveals the first images of the new V12 Zagato (road car) scheduled for production later this year.
The V12 Zagato is the pinnacle of the Vantage range. It is also the latest expression of a successful creative collaboration that has given rise to a series of striking GT cars over the last half-century, the original and most iconic of which being the DB4GT Zagato. Not only does this masterpiece rank amongst the most desirable, collectable and valuable cars in history, its 50th anniversary provided the inspiration for the V12 Zagato.
Though commemorating a great Aston Martin of the past the V12 Zagato could be no mere pastiche of the original. Instead the project was seen as the perfect opportunity to take Aston Martin's ethos of technology and tradition to a new and exciting level. To this end the V12 Zagato combines the modern ideas, materials, processes and technology pioneered on One-77, while remaining true to the purity and craftsmanship of its illustrious forebear.
- Mazda Develops Resin Material for Vehicle Parts For Weight Reduction- World's lightest bumpers, to be used for the all-new Mazda CX-5 SUV -
Mazda Motor Corporation has developed, jointly with Japan Polypropylene Corporation, resin material for vehicle parts that maintains the same rigidity as parts made with conventional materials while achieving significa
- Jeep® Vehicles Earn Four More Awards2012 Jeep® Wrangler wins 'Total Cost of Ownership' award from Kelley Blue Book and 'Best Resale' award from Kiplinger's Personal Finance
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee captures MotorWeek Drivers' Choice award (shared with Dodge Durango), as well recognition from Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- 2013 Acadia Evolves the Original Three-Row CrossoverGMC today unveiled the new 2013 Acadia and Acadia Denali at the Chicago Auto Show, highlighting a new exterior and safety features including the industry's first front center air bag.
Acadia, which launched in 2007 as GMC's first crossover and defined a §egmènt that has since surged in popularity, had the best sales in its five-year history in 2011. The Denali model, added in mid-2010, broadened Acadia's appeal to luxury customers wîth its combination of functionality and style.
'With an award-winning combination of space, capability and fuel-efficiency, Acadia epitomizes GMC's ‘never say never' attitude,' said Tony DiSalle, Ú.S. vice president of GMC Marketing. 'For 2013, our engineers and designers applied that same attitude to developing the new Acadia.'
- 2013 Acura RDXThe 2013 Acura RDX, the second generation of Acura's five-passenger crossover SUV, will up the ante wîth a new approach to achieving both advanced performance and fuel efficiency via a new engine, transmission and all-wheel-drive system.
The 2013 RDX rides on a 4-wheel independent suspension wîth a MacPherson strut front and multi-link rear suspension design. A longer wheelbase, wider track and lower center of gravity provide the foundation for the new RDX's improved handling and ride quality. New chassis technology for 2013 includes Acura-exclusive Amplitude Reactive Dampers and a new Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering system that replaces the previous hydraulic Steering. The 2013 RDX will be available in front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive variants.
- Acura Debuts 2013 RDX and All-New ILX Sedan at Chicago Auto ShowFollowing up on its blockbuster appearance at this year's Detroit auto show, Acura today unveiled production versions of two new vehicles at the Chicago Auto Show. A completely redesigned 2013 Acura RDX crossover sport utility vehicle and the all-new 2013 Acura ILX luxury compact sedan were shown. Both new Acura models are scheduled for launch in the Spring.
'We are excited to be launching these two new luxury models as the gateway of Acura's revitalized product lineup,' said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura. 'As we embark on our second 25 years as a premium luxury-performance automobile brand, we are excited about the role these two vehicles will play in welcoming a new generation of luxury car buyers to the Acura brand.'
- Elantra GT Makes North American Debut at Chicago Auto ShowHyundai Motor America today introduced the all-new 2013 Elantra GT in a North American debut at the Chicago Auto Show. Elantra GT brings five-door functionality and European driving dynamics to the expanding Elantra lineup and is slated to hit dealerships this summer. The lineup now includes Elantra Coupe - also making its world debut today and the popular Elantra sedan, the 2012 North American Car of the Year. Elantra GT is based on the new-generation i30 model designed for the European market.
'Elantra GT is a fun-to-drive, functional, five-door compact hatchback,' said Mike O'Brien, vice president, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. 'Elantra GT is the latest example of how Hyundai is redefining the compact car and setting new standards in automotive design, efficiency and functionality.'
The 2013 Elantra GT will compete wîth the Ford Focus, Mazda3 and Volkswagen Golf, featuring more interior volume than these models, unsurpassed fuel economy and Hyundai's Driver Selectable Steering Mode.
- Fiat Freemont AWD: freedom and safety for ‘all the cars you want'The Freemont evokes a sense of freedom, and the feeling that this vehicle can face up to any situation that everyday life might bring. Today, wîth the new AWD (All-Wheel Drive) version, the model further accentuates its multi-faceted soul created by crossing the versatility and presence on the road characteristic of a SÚV, the typical handling of a station wagon and the 7-seat passenger room of an MPV.
The new Fiat Freemont AWD is the four-wheel drive version matched wîth the 170 HP 2.0 MultiJet 2 and 280 HP 3.6 V6 petrol engines, both offered wîth the new six-speed automatic transmission. It is a technologically sophisticated and completely automated system that allows the driver to control the vehicle in extreme conditions in total safety. The new all-wheel version aims at consolidating the already remarkable results so far achieved. In just six months of sales, the first Fiat vehicle produced from the partnership wîth the Chrysler Group won more than 25,000 orders to become the best-selling 7-seat car today in Italy. The public will have the opportunity to see the new Freemont AWD up close in 25-26 February at the Fiat sales network in Italy.
- Fiat Punto 2012: the evolution of a best sellerThe Punto 2012 confirms the distinctive aspects that destined the previous editions for success in all the European markets - not only is it constantly the top-selling car in Italy, but nearly 8.5 million vehicles have been produced from 1993 (the year of the first launch) until today - and intensifies the distinguished personality wîth an important aesthetic update, together wîth the new exterior colours and the seat upholsteries. Together wîth the aesthetic update, the two-cylinder 85 HP 875 cc TwinAir turbo engine named 'International Engine of the Year 2011' and the evolution of the 85 HP 1.3 MultiJet 2 are making their debuts, making it one of the diesel cars in its §egmènt boasting the best CO2 emissions.
- Houston Classic AuctionThe 2012 Houston Classic Auction presented by Worldwide Auctioneers is scheduled for Saturday, May 5th, at La Torretta lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas. The event will be held in conjunction with The Concours d'Elegance of Texas. This year, the 11th annual event, the auction will be at a new venue - the La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa.
- Kia Dreams Big With Track'ster Concept Car Unveil at 2012 Chicago Auto ShowWhat happens when a dream becomes reality? In the case of the Kia Track'ster concept unveiled at today's Chicago Auto Show, car enthusiasts begin to salivate. Amid the driving rhythm of heavy-metal music, smoke and blinding lights, Kia Motors America (KMA) took the wraps off a performance-oriented three-door Soul coupe concept that hints at what could possibly be the future of Kia's wildly successful Soul.
'The idea was to make the Track'ster tough lòòking, like a bulldog,' said Tom Kearns, chief designer for KMA. 'But the car had to be approachable as well. We wanted to base the car in reality so people instantly knew it was a Soul, but wîth a lot of attitude. It had to be a bold interpretation that would change people's conceptions of what a sporty Kia could be.'
- MAZDA DEBUTS 2012 MX-5 MIATA SPECIAL EDITION AT CHICAGO AUTO SHOWMazda North American Operations (MNAO) today unveiled its 2012 MX-5 Miata Special Edition, a limited-run model of only 450 units in the Únited States. With striking black accents, including an all-new black-only Power Retractable Hard Top (PRHT), the Special Edition model evokes powerful luxury, wîth a playful wink. Dynamically engineered and enthusiast approved, the MX-5 Special Edition continues the roadster's history of being small but quick, performance-minded but affordable, uncomplicated but amenity-rich.
Available in two exclusive colors, Velocity Red and Crystal White Pearl, the Special Edition model is based on the Grand Touring model equipped wîth a PRHT - still one of the industry's fastest power-operated retractable hard tops at 12 seconds. Other exterior changes over the Grand Touring model include black outside mirrors, body-colored door handles and black trim surrounding the front grille and fog lamp assembly. Equipped wîth a body-colored-contrasting black PRHT (a first for North America) and outfitted wîth 17-inch Black Gunmetal aluminum alloy wheels, the 2012 MX-5 Miata Special Edition delicately balances the menacing nature of black to create a vehicle that is as imposing as it is sleek, sexy and simply a thrill to toss into tight corners.
- New 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible Helps SVT Mark Its 20th Anniversary of Delivering High-Performance VehiclesThe official launch of SVT came during the 1992 Chicago Auto Show wîth the unveiling of the 1993 SVT Mustang Cobra and SVT F-150 Lightning. Now Ford returns to Chicago to celebrate its past and look to the future wîth the 2013 Shelby GT500 convertible.
In honor of SVT's anniversary, a commemorative lighted sill plate will be used in the 2013 Shelby GT500 to celebrate the many years of performance vehicles. The 1993 SVT Mustang Cobra offered a 235-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 engine, which demonstrates just how far the products have come in 20 years. The 2013 Shelby GT500 wîth its 650-horsepower V8 marks the latest offering from one of the oldest and most successful automotive performance groups in the world.
- Nissan Pathfinder Concept Offers Premium Interior With Family-Focused Versatility, Thoughtful TechnologyWhen the Nissan Pathfinder was originally introduced more than a quarter century ago, it became known as the perfect family adventure vehicle. With each successive generation, Pathfinder has remained true to that original premise, while evolving to meet the changing needs of its owners. Now, Pathfinder adds an unprecedented level of premium style, comfort and thoughtful technology – including a dramatic new aerodynamic exterior design and innovative, flexible interior – as it gets ready to debut this fall in an all-new 4th generation Pathfinder design. A special preview of the new 2013 model, the Pathfinder Concept, showcases what is nothing less than Pathfinder re-imagined.
'As Nissan has expanded its range of adventure-ready SÚVs to include Armada, Xterra, Murano, Rogue and JÚKE, Pathfinder maintains its very important position in the heart of the lineup and the market – as a right-size, 3-row/7-passenger SÚV wîth the seating and cargo capacity that growing families need,' said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division, Nissan North America, Inc. 'As families spend more time in their SÚVs everyday as well as on weekends, the next-gen Pathfinder is stepping up wîth enhanced comfort, innovative technology, increased fuel efficiency, and most importantly, more flexibility for the family.'
- North American Car of the Year Winner adds Sport Coupe Design and Technology Chemistry to the Proven Elantra FormulaHyundai today introduced a new sport coupe variant to its industry-leading Elantra line-up at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. This two-door coupe model of the Elantra sedan, available this spring, will attract even more buyers to the Elantra line-up, further expanding its appeal to savvy consumers. It offers many of the same attributes that made the sedan version a sales success, while broadening its market reach to youthful, sporty buyers willing to forgo four-door versatility for coupe design appeal. The 2013 Elantra Coupe marks the continuing evolution of Hyundai's 'Fluidic Sculpture' design theme wîth sporty design language, while assuming a compact coupe Segment leadership position wîth an eco-efficient powertrain, generous convenience features, exceptional roominess and abundant safety features.
- Sauber F1 Team launches C31 in JerezThe Sauber F1 Team launched its new car for the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship. Drivers Kamui Kobayashi (25) and Sergio Pérez (22) unveil the Sauber C31-Ferrari at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit in Spain, where on Tuesday official Formula One pre-season testing will get underway. For filming purposes the C31 will cover its initial laps today.
The Sauber F1 Team will enter its 20th season in the FIA Formula One World Championship spearheaded by an unchanged driver line-up. With Kamui Kobayashi, Sergio Pérez and reserve driver Esteban Gutiérrez piloting the new Sauber C31-Ferrari, the Swiss outfit will be lòòking to further improve in 2012. 'We're aiming to start the new season as strongly as we did in 2011, but then also to maintain this level of performance throughout the year,' explains Team Principal Peter Sauber. 'Our goal is to finish regularly in the points so as to put ourselves in a significantly better position in the World Championship.'
- THE SEAT Mii – FIVE DOORS BRING EVEN MORE VERSATILITYSEAT is revealing an expansion to the Mii city car line-up wîth the first glimpse of an even more versatile five-door version.
The additional rear doors turn the super-compact SEAT into a unique combination of exceptional driving fun, sporty design and outstanding functionality.
Of course the new five-door Mii remains true to core SEAT principles – meaning it's both a pleasure to drive, and a pleasure to own.
In either three- or five-door form the Mii scores top marks for fuel consumption and emissions thanks to its lightweight design and efficient drivetrains. This applies in particular to the newly-announced Mii Ecomotive.
Thanks to a start/stop system, brake energy recovery and other measures to improve fuel economy, the Mii Ecomotive makes do wîth just 4.1 litres of fuel per 100 km, equating to CO2 emissions of only 96 g/km for the 60 PS version and 4.2 litres per 100 km – 98 g/km – for the 75 PS Mii. These impressive statistics apply to both the three- and five-door versions.
James Muir, President of SEAT, S.A. said: 'The new Mii has enjoyed a terrific start. Customer response in Spain is outstanding and we are now bringing the entire line-up to the other European markets – complete wîth the three-door, five-door and Ecomotive versions.
- Toyota Announces Pricing for 2012 Prius cToyota today announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the all-new 2012 Prius c which extends Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive to the subcompact §egmènt. This dynamically styled, five-door hatchback will arrive at Toyota dealerships in March 2012.
Designed to function as a city-friendly vehicle wîth an engaging driving experience, hatchback utility, and an EPA-estimated city fuel economy rating of 53 mpg, *Prius c offers the highest city mpg rating of any vehicle without a plug. The all-new Prius c joins the Prius Family, which includes the third generation Prius Liftback, the versatile new Prius v and the Prius Plug-in Hybrid, which will be available in early 2012.
- Houston Classic AuctionThe 2012 Houston Classic Auction presented by Worldwide Auctioneers is scheduled for Saturday, May 5th, at La Torretta lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas. The event will be held in conjunction with The Concours d'Elegance of Texas. This year, the 11th annual event, the auction will be at a new
- Ford snags two inaugural kbb.com Total Cost of Ownership AwardsThe 2012 Ford Escape Hybrid and Expedition have been named winners of Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com inaugural Total Cost of Ownership Awards. The all-new 2012 awards honor current model-year vehicles and brands with the lowest projected ownership costs, based on Kelley Blue Book Total Cost of Ownership
- Kia Motors records 3.3% global sales growth in January185,284 Kia vehicles sold globally in January for 3.3% year-on-year growth
January sales in Europe and North America post year-on-year sales growth of 33.2% and 27.4%, respectively
Kia Motors Corporation announced today its global sales figures (export sales, domestic sales a
- Audi Named Best Luxury Brand for Total Cost of Ownership by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com• Audi receives Kelley Blue Book's highest honor, topping all other luxury brands
• 2012 Audi A5 selected as best Luxury Car, and 2012 Audi Q7 chosen as best Luxury Sport Utility
• Award presentation took place today at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show
Audi today announced that it is the recipient
- Audi A7 and R8 Spyder Selected by Autobytel® as Car and Truck of the Year Award Winners* Autobytel® Car and Truck of the Year Awards chosen based on innovation, originality and advancements
* 2012 Audi A7 selected as Autobytel 2012 Luxury Car of the Year
* 2012 Audi R8 Spyder chosen as Autobytel 2012 Convertible of the Year
Audi today announced that it is the recipient of two C
- 2012 Dodge Durango Receives MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award at the Chicago Auto Show2012 Dodge Durango earns MotorWeek Drivers' Choice award (shared with Jeep® Grand Cherokee)
Dodge brand January 2012 sales increase 29 percent; best January since 2008
Dodge Durango January 2012 sales jump 152 percent
February 8, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - T
- 2012 Grand Marshal at Keels & Wheels Concours : Bobby UnserKEELS & WHEELS is excited to announce that 3 Time Indy winner Bobby Unser will be the 2012 Keels & Wheels Concours d'Elegance Grand Marshal. Be sure to join them on the weekend of May 5-6 to help welcome and meet Bobby. He will be on the grounds all weekend, meeting participants and visitors, signing autographs and participating in the awards programs.
Mention the name Bobby Unser to the average person, and winning auto races instantly comes to mind. Unser, the older of the two famous racing brothers, established the family legend many years ago by capturing his first Indy 500 win in 1968, followed by wins 1975 & 1981.
- Lotus F1 Team Unveils E20 and Sets Championship TargetsLotus F1 Team today unveiled its 2012 FIA Formula 1 World Championship challenger, the E20, on its website www.lotusf1team.com at 17:00 CET. Continuing wîth the evocative black and gold livery, the E20 heralds a new nomenclature to commemorate the twentieth chassis designed at the team's Enstone base through its Benetton, Renault F1 Team and Lotus Renault GP history.
The E20 incorporates ground–up redesigns and optimization of previous Enstone design philosophies. Most notably, the forward facing exhausts of 2011's R31 have been abandoned, both through regulation and necessity. The E20 also features a 'step' on its nose, this layout also being the result of a regulation change.
The front and rear suspension layouts have been substantially revised in the quest for ever- better aerodynamic efficiency whilst the front wing is a continuation of concepts used by the team during recent seasons.
- The 1972 Datsun 510This is one of three Datsun 510s built by Bob Sharp Racing, and is the car that won the 1972 SCCA National Championship with Bob Sharp driving. The other two 510s were driven by Paul Newman and Jim Fitzgerald. While qualifying at the SCCA 'runoffs' at Road Atlanta in 1973, Paul Newman crashed his 510 heavily, destroying it. The remains were put on a rollback truck and hauled to Sharp's race shop in Connecticut, where the crew was readying Sharp's retired 1972 championship car to receive the salvageable parts from the crashed car. After several hours, the 510 headed back to Atlanta for Newman to race. Only two of the Bob Sharp 510s remain in existence. Newman purchased this car from Sharp, forming PLN Racing, and changed the livery from silver to black, matching his ex-Group 44 Triumph TR-6.
- 2012 Grand Marshal at Keels & Wheels Concours : Bobby UnserKEELS & WHEELS is excited to announce that 3 Time Indy winner Bobby Unser will be the 2012 Keels & Wheels Concours d'Elegance Grand Marshal. Be sure to join them on the weekend of May 5-6 to help welcome and meet Bobby. He will be on the grounds all weekend, meeting participants and visitors, sign
- Road Racing Industry Council Appoints New Board of DirectorsMazda Raceway Laguna Seca's Gill Campbell to Lead Organization
At its annual meeting in Daytona Beach, Florida, the Road Racing Industry Council (RRIC) appointed its new board of directors with Gill Campbell, CEO/General Manager, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca slated as president.
- Graphic CarSkins Competitions are BACK - Design a Rally Fighter CarSkin for IMTSIMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show 2012 Reports Continued Strong Exhibit Space Sales
McLean, Va. ... In preparation for the building of an automobile on the show floor at IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show 2012, show management and Local Motors announc
- Ferrari Financial Services Signs on for Three Years as the Exclusive Financial Services Provider for Gooding & CompanyGooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is pleased to announce that it has just signed an exclusive, three-year agreement with Ferrari Financial Services, the iconic brand's captive finance company. Ferrari Fina
- Edo Competition Panamera Turbo SWith 700 horsepower and 880 Nm (649 lb-ft) edo competition introduces the most powerful Panamera Turbo S ever.
edo competition, enabling the Panamera Turbo S to catapult from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.5 seconds, is presenting the fastest Panamera Turbo S in the world.
The new power package is responsible for the enormous acceleration figures and lofty top speed. With an additional 150 horsepower and 130 Nm (96 lb-ft) of torque compared to the production car, the twin-turbocharged V8 engine puts out 700 horsepower and 880 Nm (649 lb-ft) of torque. The edo Turbo S sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in a phenomenal 3.5 seconds, compared the 3.8 seconds for the stock car, and it hits 200 km/h (124 mph) in just 11.4 seconds, as opposed to 13.5 seconds for an unmodified example. These impressive figures make one appreciate the level of power that is unleashed when the driver buries the go pedal. The top speed of the edo Turbo S stands at 340 km/h, limited by an electronic governor.
- Gooding & Company Presents the Renowned Drendel Family Porsche Collection at its Amelia Island AuctionGooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is honored to announce its recent consignment of the Drendel Family Collection of 18 Porsches. Recognized as the world's finest private collection of its kind, the Drendel Family Collection consists of both road and race cars spanning 25 years of Porsche history from 1973 – 1997. With 10 of the 18 lots being offered without reserve, the arrival of this extraordinary collection in Amelia Island offers collectors and Porsche enthusiasts around the world the opportunity to own a piece of Porsche's winning motorsport heritage. In addition, the March auction marks the first time many of these historically-important racing stars will have ever been presented at auction.
Gooding & Company has moved the start time of its Amelia Island Auction to 11 a.m. on Friday, March 9th to accommodate the extensive 18-car collection, as well as to accommodate the schedules of its guests at the daytime auction.
- INVITATION Concept Previews Nissan's Next-Generation Compact Car in EuropeNissan has revealed the first details of a head-turning hatchback concept which previews the company's next generation compact car, a mainstream B-§egmènt contender to be sold alongside the Micra city car and innovative JÚKE B-§egmènt crossover in Europe.
Called INVITATION, the dynamic concept - which will be unveiled at this year's Geneva International Motor Show (8-18 March) - shows some of the innovation and excitement promised for the new model, which is due to be launched in Europe from 2013.
INVITATION is an energetic design, bringing fresh style, innovation and excitement to the mainstream market. The clean fluidity of the silhouette hints at its dynamic potential and showcases class-leading aerodynamics for enhanced efficiency.
- Mazda Raceway Honored by Monterey County Business CouncilMazda Raceway Laguna Seca was among six local businesses honored by the Monterey County Business Council at its 16th Anniversary Gala held this past Saturday. The world renowned race track received an Economic Vitality Award in the tourism category for its ongoing work in attracting significant business revenue and worldwide media exposure to the Monterey Peninsula.
'Tourism is the lifeblood of this county,' says Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, who accepted the award on behalf of the organization. 'By bringing spectators and competitors to the area for our events we hope that we are improving the livelihoods of our friends and neighbors.'
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca was established in 1957 and has been operated since its inception by the Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula (SCRAMP), a not-for-profit 501c(4) corporation. Each race season, SCRAMP donates its net proceeds to the volunteer groups that help organize the races.
- WORLD DEBUT FOR FIVE-DOOR ŠKODA CITIGOŠKODA will present the new Citigo subcompact to the public as a five-door version for the first time at the Geneva Auto Salon in early 2012. Media representatives will be offered a preview of the new ŠKODA including test drives in February 2012. The five-door version will be successively launched in European markets together wîth the three-door version from mid-May 2012.
The Citigo represents ŠKODA's entry into the fast growing subcompact Segmènt. The new model was successfully introduced in ŠKODA's home market, the Czech Republic, in late 2011. From this year, the Citigo is to conquer new customer groups for ŠKODA, thus contributing to the brand's growth strategy. ŠKODA aims to increase its worldwide deliveries to a minimum of 1.5 million units a year by 2018. In 2011, the company achieved yet another sales record in its 117-year corporate history, selling 879,200 units.
- Gooding & Company Presents the Renowned Drendel Family Porsche Collection at its Amelia Island AuctionGooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is honored to announce its recent consignment of the Drendel Family Collection of 18 Porsches. Recognized as the world's finest private collection of its kind, the Drendel
- Mazda Raceway Honored by Monterey County Business CouncilBestowed With Tourism Economic Vitality Award
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca was among six local businesses honored by the Monterey County Business Council at its 16th Anniversary Gala held this past Saturday. The world renowned race track received an Economic Vitality Award in the tourism cate
- Fourth Annual Race ‘N' Rod Nationals Presented by MothersThe fourth annual Race 'N' Rod Nationals presented by Mothers will feature a stunning colorful array of some of the most beautiful cars and trucks ever built and customized. The popular event will be held in the Yamaha Marketplace during the Continental Tire Sports Car Festival powered by Mazda Sept
- The 1955 Ford ThunderbirdThe naming of the Ford Thunderbird was a difficult process, since over 5,000 entries were entertained. A $250 price was offered to anyone who could come up with a name. The name 'Thunderbird' was submitted by Alden Gibberson, the stylist. The name became official on February 15, 1954. Gibberson never claimed his prize, though he did settle for a new suit and an extra pair of trousers from Saks Fifth Avenue.
At the Detroit Auto Show held on February 20th of 1954, the Thunderbird was shown to the public. The first production vehicle came off the line on September 9th of that year. Delivery of the vehicles began on October 22nd with over 4,000 orders taken on its first day of sale.
The fiberglass removable top was standard. Offered as optional equipment was the fabric convertible top. Under the hood was a 292 cubic-inch Y-Block V8 that produced just under 200 horsepower. This was the only engine available for the Thunderbird when first introduced.
- The Classics At The Trump Taj MahalThe Classics At The Trump Taj Mahal is schedule for Friday, February 24th, 2012 at 7PM. A cocktail reception will be held from 5:30PM to 7:00PM.
Formed by two long time automobile enthusiasts, Worldwide reflects the background of its two Principals, who literally grew up in the auction business. Rod Egan and John Kruse have each held management/partnership positions at leading auction houses throughout the United States, refining their trade working with and learning from some of the best collector car enthusiasts and owners in the business.
In addition to the acquisition and sale of classic automobiles at auction, Worldwide offers an extensive range of services to the serious collector-appraisal, collection direction and consultancy, estate planning and asset management. Our dedication to integrity, service and expertise is wholehearted, a commitment that has enabled us to become one of the most respected and trusted businesses in the world of vintage motorcars.
- Exclusive aura raises the roof of the MINI Convertible HighgateFor MINI fans looking to combine open-top driving fun wîth sophisticated individuality and an essential dose of Brit-cool, the MINI Convertible Highgate provides the perfect stage. The new special-edition variant of the soft-top four-seater seizes the limelight wîth its innovative and precisely coordinated splash of colours and materials. The MINI Convertible Highgate boasts numerous exterior and interior design features developed specially to suit the character of the car. Together wîth the extensive selection of on-board equipment, they provide a fresh interpretation of British style and premium feel in an open-top small car.
Four engine variants will be offered for the MINI Convertible Highgate, which will be produced over a limited period at MINI Plant Oxford. The new special edition is due to go on sale worldwide from spring 2012.
- F2012: new single-seater presentationThe F2012 is the fifty eighth car built by Ferrari wîth the express purpose of taking part in the Formula 1 World Championship. It adopts a well established tradition of being named after its year of manufacture.
The project, which goes by the internal code number of 663, constitutes the Scuderia's interpretation of the technical and sporting regulations that apply this year: the main changes when compared to 2011 concern the height of the front section of the chassis, the position of the exhaust pipes and the mapping for the electronic engine management. Practically every area of the car has been fundamentally revised, starting wîth the suspension layout: both the front and rear feature pull-rods, aimed at favouring aerodynamic performance and lowering the centre of gravity. The front wing is derived from the one introduced on the 150º Italia in the final part of its racing life and has been evolved from there. Further evolutions are planned in this area for the opening races of the season. The nose has a step in it that is not aesthetically pleasing: wîth the requirement from the regulations to lower the front part, this was a way of raising the bottom part of the chassis as much as possible for aerodynamic reasons. The sides have been redesigned, through modifications to the side impact structures, the repositioning of the radiators and revisions to all aerodynamic elements. The lower part of the rear of the car is much narrower and more tapered, a feature achieved partly through a new gearbox casing and a relocation of some mechanical components. In recent years, the area of exhausts has been crucial in terms of car performance and much effort was expended on this front, based on changes to the regulations introduced this year. The rear wing is conceptually similar to the one used in 2011, but every detail of it has been revised and it is now more efficient. Naturally, it is still fitted wîth DRS (a drag reduction system,) which is operated hydraulically. The front and rear air intakes for the brakes have been redesigned and work was carried out in collaboration wîth Brembo to optimise the braking system.
- Fiat 500L to Debut at Geneva Motor ShowWith its Italian design and city-friendly functionality, FIAT's new five-passenger model expands the brand's style and efficiency in the growing B-§egmènt. Making its formal introduction at the Geneva Motor Show on March 6th, the new Fiat 500L — the L stands for ‘Large' — will follow the Ú.S. introduction of the high-performance Fiat 500 Abarth this spring and a full-electric version of the Fiat 500.
The Fiat 500L will be produced at the FIAT plant in Kragujevac, Serbia, and will arrive in the Únited States in 2013.
- Gordon McCall Joins Barrett-Jackson TeamWell-known automotive enthusiast Gordon McCall has joined the team at Barrett-Jackson to launch and maintain the new Salon Offering Collection division for high-end classics and other top collector cars for auction.
McCall's first task will be to work with buyers and sellers to promote the Salon Offering Collection and add his 30 years of expertise and knowledge to the division, designed to bring top-echelon vehicles to the auction block with reserve pricing.
- Honda today announced that the Honda Civic will race in the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)'We have made a decision' said Honda CEO, Takanobu Ito 'to enter into the WTCC wîth the European Civic. We will develop a totally new engine for this project and we are all excited about starting this new challenge.'
For this project, Honda has formed a joint partnership wîth Mugen and J.A.S. Motorsport. Honda R&D is developing a bespoke racing engine, while Mugen will manufacture and maintain it. J.A.S. Motorsport will develop the race car, using the new Honda Civic 5 door produced in Honda's manufacturing plant located in Swindon (ÚK).
The racing engine is a 1.6 litre 4 cylinder direct injection turbo-charged petrol engine, developed in accordance wîth FIA's Super 2000 regulations.
- The Suzuki G70 ConceptThe G70 is a new vision of a compact car wîth minimized weight and enhanced aerodynamics
Suzuki presents a vision of a next-generation global compact car. It weighs just 730 kg, thanks to a clear focus on minimizing weight, and has a drag coefficient at least 10% less than that of the current Suzuki A-§egmènt models thanks to uncompromising efforts to heighten aerodynamic performance. As a result, its CO2 emissions are as low as 70g/km (measured on the basis of the New European Driving Cycle), wîth a petrol engine.
*2) This model was exhibited as REGINA at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show.
Swift Range Extender a compact electric vehicle which extends the driving range wîth an engine-driven generator
- Trident ClipperThe British Company, TVR of Blackpool, created three examples of the Trident. Clipper examples that followed were built by Trident Cars, Ltd., of Woodbridge, Suffolk.
The early examples were offered in two series - the Cipper which used essentially the same running gear as the AC Cobra, and the Venturer which used a British Ford three-liter V-6. Both the Trident and the Venturer had similar body shells that were designed by Fiore working with Fissore of Turin, Italy. Though similar, they did have their differences.
The entire production run of various Trident models reached 125 cars. The car displayed at the 1967 Racing car Show at Earls Court, London had several visual differences. It had a one piece nose section that opens in entirety for easy access. This design was exclusive to the first four cars.
- Gordon McCall Joins Barrett-Jackson Team!Well-known automotive enthusiast Gordon McCall has joined the team at Barrett-Jackson to launch and maintain the new Salon Offering Collection division for high-end classics and other top collector cars for auction.
McCall's first task will be to work with buyers and sellers to promote the Salon
- 2012 MAZDA MX-5 MIATA SPECIAL EDITION MAKES NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT IN CHICAGOMazda North American Operations (MNAO) will unveil its 2012 MX-5 Miata Special Edition at the upcoming 2012 Chicago Auto Show. The limited-run model features a black-only Power Retractable Hard Top (PRHT) - the first time a non-body-colored hard top is available in North America - as well as other exclusivities such as two new exterior colors, new 17-inch black gunmetal alloy wheels, black exterior accents, black heated leather seats and piano black interior finishes.
The MX-5 Miata is the world's best-selling two-seat roadster wîth more than 900,000 produced, and made its global debut at the Chicago Auto Show in 1989. The MX-5 Special Edition continues the sports car's history of being a dynamically-engineered, enthusiast-approved roadster whose price doesn't discriminate and whose luxuries are not stripped.
- MP4-27 TECHNICAL LAUNCH SHOWCASES STRENGTH IN DEPTH AT VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDESThe continuation of our double world-champion driver line-up, further consolidation of our championship-winning engineering team and a subtle, yet deep-reaching technical update of our car all underpin the world-class strength, experience and ambition that exists at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes ahead of the 2012 FIA Formula 1 World Championship.
This morning's technical presentation of the MP4-27 at the McLaren Technology Centre showcased a natural evolution of last year's six-race-winning car and underlined the message that the new season is very much one of growth through strength and continuity.
- New 2012 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8® SUVs Will Sport Ferrari Red for Formula One Stars Fernando Alonso and Felipe MassaToday, two specially prepared models of the new 2012 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8® – the most powerful and best handling Jeep vehicle ever – were delivered to Scuderia Ferrari Formula One drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa at the Fiorano circuit in Maranello, Italy.
The identically built vehicles were handed over to the two star drivers by Beth Paretta, Director of Marketing and Operations – SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC.
Each Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 features an aggressive exterior look wîth an SRT-exclusive design, which adds classic Ferrari brand styling cues and the unmistakable Rosso Corsa signature color.
- The 1959 Peerless GTJames 'Jimmy' Byrnes was a hotelier and restaurateur in search of building a one-off car to be used in club racing. With the help of Bernie Rodgers, the two ended up forming a small car company. Using Mr. Byrnes connections with the Board of Directors of the Standard Triumph car company, the proposed race car would use Triumph parts.
Mr. Rodgers began building a multi-tube frame from rectangular steel tubing. The completed chassis was given Triumph TR3 drivetrain and clothed in an all-aluminum body. The completed prototype was initially dubbed 'Warwick.' The completed car was tested, and shown and demonstrated to friends and enthusiasts. The vehicle received great reviews and interest, percolating the idea of building a batch of production race cars.
- VOLKSWAGEN TO DEBUT THE FUEL-EFFICENT BEETLE TDI® AT THE CHICAGO AUTO SHOWThe Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L and Turbo were launched to great acclaim from both consumers and the media in 2011. At the Chicago Auto Show, VW will unveil the third model in the Beetle lineup: the fuel-efficient TDI Clean Diesel model, which has manufacturer fuel economy estimates of 39 mpg on the highway and 29 mpg in the city. The Beetle TDI, the only Clean Diesel offering in the compact coupe category, will go on sale this summer as a 2013 model. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.
The biggest difference between the TDI and other Beetle models lies, obviously, under the hood. The Beetle TDI uses the company's 2.0-liter turbocharged, direct-injection Clean Diesel engine that makes 140 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque. Volkswagen pioneered the use of turbocharging and direct injection in diesel engines and continues to lead the industry in this technology.
- Chrysler Group Reports Full Year 2011 Net Income of $183 MillionChrysler Group LLC today reported preliminary net income of $183 million for the full year 2011, up from a net loss of $652 million a year ago, exceeding the objective set in November 2009.
The Company's full year net income included a $551 million loss on extinguishment of debt recognized in the second quarter of 2011, when the Company repaid its outstanding obligations to the U.S. Treasury and Canadian governments in full, with interest, six years early. Excluding the charge, Adjusted Net Income(a) for the full year 2011 was $734 million, exceeding the Company's 2011 guidance and further delivering on the goals established two years ago.
For the fourth quarter, net income was $225 million, up from a loss of $199 million a year earlier, as the Company continues to increase sales of its successful new and significantly refreshed vehicles.
- Exclusive partnership: BMW M3 DTM to race with Castrol EDGE and Aral liveryBMW Motorsport returns wîth six BMW M3 DTM cars in 2012 as it makes its comeback in the DTM. One of the cars, the Castrol EDGE BMW M3 DTM, will bear the design of Castrol EDGE and Aral Últimate. This marks an extension of the existing, long-term partnership between Castrol and BMW Motorsport, and sees Aral Últimate presented as partner of BMW Motorsport in the DTM.
'For many years we have put our faith in high-performance Castrol lubricants, and have celebrated countless successes together on the racetrack,' said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. 'For that reason, everyone here at BMW Motorsport is delighted that we are able to build on this established partnership in the DTM. Castrol EDGE and Aral Últimate are high-performance brands, which suit our DTM project perfectly.'
Michael Hansen, CEO Deutsche Castrol Vertriebsgesellschaft, said: 'The DTM is one of the most spectacular racing series worldwide and pushes the drivers, teams and cars to the very limit. It is because of these high-performance demands that we research and develop our products through the extremes of motorsport. Together wîth our long-term partner BMW Motorsport, we are lòòking forward to the challenges ahead and will do everything in our power to ensure that BMW is able to triumph in the DTM as they did in the past.'
- Ford Racing's Focus ST-R Ready for Competition Debut at Daytona International Speedway in the Grand-Am 200Ford Racing's Focus ST-R will make its competition debut this Friday afternoon in the Grand-Am 200 at Daytona International Speedway in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge as part of the ST field during the Grand-Am weekend.
After nearly a year in development and countless tests, the newest offering in the line of Ford Racing turnkey race cars is ready to make its competition debut.
'The competition debut of all our FR family of turnkey ready-to-race cars has not been the completion of the journey but the transition to a new phase of the development process,' said Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing. 'Our partnership wîth Multimatic Motorsports has led to past success wîth the FR500C and the Boss 302R and their contribution to the product that will take the track at Daytona later this week has been critical.'
- Ford's All-New B-MAX to Showcase Unique Design and Unrivalled Technology at Geneva Motor ShowFord will throw open the doors to its all-new production-ready B-MAX compact multi-activity vehicle when it takes a starring role at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in March.
Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally will be in Geneva to unveil the new B-MAX, which promises to set new standards wîth its unique design and best-in-class technological features. Its return to Geneva, in full production form, comes just a year after the concept was unveiled at the Geneva show.
- Marking 20 Years Since The Launch Of The Jaguar XJ220The XJ220 remains the fastest Jaguar ever produced and when launched in 1992 and, at 213mph, had the highest maximum speed of any production car. Constructed using advanced aluminium honeycomb, the car was immensely strong and, despite its size, weighed just 1,470 kg.
Originally conceived as a concept car, the XJ220 debuted at the 1988 British Motor Show. Designed by Keith Helfet, the car was signed off for production in December 1989 wîth TWR selected as the partner for the project.
Powered by a 3.5-litre, twin turbo V6, the XJ220 channelled its drive through the 18-inch Speedline rear wheels shod in specially developed 345/35 Bridgestone Expedia tyres via a five-speed gearbox and an AP Racing twin-plate clutch. The XJ220 developed 550 PS and 475 lbs ft of torque to allow it to accelerate to 60mph in under four seconds. Braking was supplied by a set of AP Racing discs and four pot callipers.
- POGEA RACING updates 1959 Corvette with latest technologyThis is how Eduard Pogea, head of POGEA RACING GmbH outlines the '59 model Corvette convertible modernised by his company on a customer's orders. And continues: 'Within the space of only one year we developed, produced and adapted current technology to fit in an American Old timer. Our objective was to marry contemporary driving characteristics, a terrifically powerful engine, dependable brakes and a refined vehicle interior wîth classic bodywork.'
The chassis for this demanding project consists of an in-house tube frame manufactured in cooperation wîth Foose Design in the ÚSA. This frame not only significantly improves the convertible's torsional stiffness, it also forms a solid base on which to mount the heightadjustable coilover suspension, as well as the modern drive and brake systems.
- FORD POSTS 2011 PRE-TAX OPERATING PROFIT OF $8.8 BILLION; ONE-TIME SPECIAL ITEMS CONTRIBUTE TO $20.2 BILLION NET INCOME+•Full year pre-tax operating profit was $8.8 billion, or $1.51 per share, an increase of $463 million from a year ago
•Full year net income was $20.2 billion, or $4.94 per share, an increase of $13.7 billion, or $3.28 per share, from a year ago. Net income includes a favorable one-time, non-cash sp
- Toyota Partners with Shazam to Amplify the 'Camry Effect'Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. has announced the debut of an integrated marketing campaign that enables viewers to use the Shazam mobile app to enter for a chance to win one new 2012 Camry for themselves and one for a friend, during a live NBC television broadcast on Sunday, Feb. 5.
- The Milhous CollectionLocated near West Palm Beach, Florida, Bob and Paul Milhous have assembled one of the world's most admired and extraordinary private collections, encompassing everything from valuable mechanical musical instruments to rare and important automobiles to a wide variety of Americana and collectibles. RM
- MECUM REACHING $60 MILLION IN KISSIMMEEOver 2,100 Vehicles Offers, Largest Auction in Company History
In the wake of the 2012 Mecum Kissimmee auction, the list of shattered records continues to grow. The Florida auction kicked off Mecum's 25th year and a staggering 2,158 vehicles crossed the block - the most in company history