2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- 2012 GMC Yukon and Sierra Heritage Editions DebutIt is no coincidence that the 2012 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL and Sierra Heritage Editions will debut at the New York Auto Show. A century ago, the GMC name first appeared on the front of a truck at this very same event.
Commemorative exterior badges on the doors of these special models feature the original GMC logo design that debuted on the 1912 range of models, which included gas- and electric-powered trucks designed for the most demanding among early drivers. The script is surrounded by the words 'Heritage Edition.'
- 2013 Chevy TraverseThe new 2013 Chevrolet Traverse crossover-utility vehicle offers families a new gathering space wîth greater style, refinement and safety. It goes into production later this year, building on the space, comfort and efficiency that have made Traverse popular.
'The new Traverse is a family vehicle without compromise,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet Global Marketing and Strategy. 'It is more capable than many sport-utility vehicles, wîth as much room as a minivan and better functionality than both. The Traverse is clever, capable and confident – and there when you need it most.'
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk ConceptThe Jeep Grand Cherokee is well known for its benchmark off-road capability, courtesy of its Quadra-Lift™ air suspension, Selec-Terrain™ traction control system, Off-Road Adventure packages, tow/recovery hooks tested to twice the vehicle's Gross Vehicle Weight, and class-leading 4x4 systems – including Jeep's Quadra-Drive® II system that includes a rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD), delivering industry-leading tractive capability.
- Jeep J-12 ConceptThe Jeep J-12 concept is essentially an extended version of Mopar's recently introduced JK-8 pickup conversion kit for the Jeep Wrangler. With a new 2012 Wrangler Únlimited as the starting point, the rear of the vehicle's frame is extended 18 inches, allowing the spare tire to be relocated under the bed floor and making the cargo box a full six feet in length. A custom hood and front fender set was created as a nod to aficionados of the beloved Jeep Gladiator series trucks.
- New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV Features Inspired Design Cues, EcoBoost V6 EngineThe first-ever performance version of the Ford Explorer arrives this year with the highest projected fuel economy among gasoline-engine-powered, high- performance SÚVs.
With a twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® V6 engine making at least 350 horsepower and four-wheel drive wîth a Terrain Management System™, Explorer Sport delivers enhanced on-road dynamics wîth sporty design cues inside and out.
- Helfman FIAT to Hold Grand Opening Tonight in HoustonMarch 29, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC announced today the opening of Helfman FIAT in Houston, Texas.
Helfman FIAT joins 142 open FIAT studios in 39 states across the U.S. This striking new FIAT studio, located at 7720 Katy Freeway in Houston, was built from the ground u
- 2012 Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance Announces 21 classesThe 21 classes at the 20th annual Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA on September 16 will range from French curves to American muscles, according to chairman Peter Kunoth.
'While we will pay tribute to the beauty of our featured Marque, the elegant Delahaye and other classic beauties, we will also feature rugged American styles,' he stated.
- 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek to Debut at New York International Auto ShowSubaru of America, Inc. announced that it is expanding its line of award-winning crossover-type vehicles wîth the all-new 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek. The versatile, fun-to-drive Subaru XV Crosstrek, which arrives this fall, combines bold five-door design wîth an expanded-capability chassis, high fuel economy and everyday comfort. The new Subaru XV Crosstrek will debut at the 2012 New York International Auto Show.
- Harry Schell: 1954 Formula One SeasonOver the previous couple of seasons Harry Schell had continually demonstrated his talents and his pace, but had been doing so in inferior cars. And despite his obvious talents there was very little he could do with the dominant Ferrari 500 chassis and Alberto Ascari. However, 1954 would be a new season, and with it came new regulations. Nonetheless, Schell still knew what he needed most: a red Italian racing car.
Ever the popular driver, Harry Schell had been around motor racing all his life. He was born of a father and a mother that were both successful in motor racing. In fact, Schell's mother was one of the first women racers and she actually won the Coupe des Dames as part of the Monte Carlo Rally back in 1929. His parents would end up forming and running their own team known as Ecurie Blue.
- 2012 Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance Announces 21 classesThe 21 classes at the 20th annual Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA on September 16 will range from French curves to American muscles, according to chairman Peter Kunoth.
'While we will pay tribute to the beauty of our featured Marque, th
- Car Corral Experience Added to Continental Tire Sports Car FestivalAudi, BMW, Corvette and Mazda Car Owners Welcome to Join in the Excitement
Car Corrals are fun, owner-gatherings being organized by Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the Continental Tire Sports Car Festival, powered by Mazda, September 7-9, 2012.
The $60 car corral experience includes a th
- 2013 Camaro 1LE: 426-hp, 1g cornering, under $40,000The road-racing inspired Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2013 wîth unique gearing, suspension tuning, and tires that makes the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration and a sub-three minute lap time at Virginia International Raceway's Grand Course. It is offered on Camaro SS coupes wîth manual transmissions.
- All-New Lexus ES Luxury Sedan to Make World Debut at 2012 New York International ShowLexus will reveal the all-new ES luxury sedan on Wednesday, April 4th, in conjunction wîth the New York International Auto Show.
The sixth-generation ES model introduces a progressive new design featuring the Lexus signature spindle grille and a new dynamic driving experience.
- Avions-Voisin KE Sport RoadsterGabriel Voisin was an aviation pioneer, but his skills as an engineer and designer would make his creations, not for the air but for four wheels, a nearly forgotten about treasure. And at Amelia Island, RM Auctions would have one of Voisin's forgotten about roadsters for sale.
Born in 1880 in Belleville-sur-Saone, France, Gabriel's father would abandon him at a very young age and would lead to him and his family moving to Neuville-sur-Saone. After his grandfather passed away, Voisin would be sent to Lyon and Paris for school where he would learn industrial design.
- Walter Röhrl to climb Pikes Peak again25 years after Walter Röhrl drifted up Pikes Peak in the Audi Sport quattro S1 and set a record that still stands today, the two greats will be reuniting in 2012. On July 8, Röhrl will be driving in the famous hill climb, also known as the Race to the Clouds, for the second time. Spectators in the U.S. state of Colorado will be able to relive a milestone in the history of Audi Sport when the Rally Driver of the Century takes the wheel of the original Audi Sport quattro S1. Beginning today, Audi Tradition is providing a foretaste of the famous hill climb at Techno Classica, the world's largest trade show for classic cars, in Essen. Walter Röhrl will also be on hand for an autograph session.
- Mitsubishi Motors to Debut Refreshed 2013 Outlander Sport at the 2012 NY Auto ShowMitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) will unveil the updated version of the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport at the 2012 New York International Auto Show. Entering just its third year of production for the 2013 model year, the Outlander Sport compact crossover has quickly established itself a
- The complete BMW Welt experience: The BMW Welt, The BMW Museum and the BMW Munich PlantThe BMW Welt 'ensemble' – formed by the BMW Welt, Museum and Plant – has quickly become one of Bavaria's top attractions. The success of all three realms of discovery lies in their diverse range of regularly changing exhibitions and focus topics, as well as their exciting programme of events. The BM
- CEO Carlos Ghosn on the Return of DatsunNissan CEO Carlos Ghosn speaks at a press conference in Yokohama Wednesday, taking questions on the return of the Datsun brand.
CEO Carlos Ghosn: I'm sure everybody knows that yesterday we announced the revival, the relaunch, of the Datsun brand as a complement to, on the one side,
- Infiniti and Red Bull Racing @ the Australian Grand Prix: 'A GOOD COMEBACK'Car 1 SEBASTIAN VETTEL, Finish Position: 2nd, Start Position: 6th
'I'm very happy with myself today – I think it was the most we could have achieved. I felt good in the car. Even before the safety car, I think we would have had a good shot at Lewis towards the end, as we were getting close.
- The Bugatti Type 46Of all of Bugatti's exceptional and advanced designs none perhaps were more elegant and stately than the Type 46. An incredible amalgamation of elegant, sweeping lines and an imposing stature, the Type 46 would speak of performance and affluence just in one glance.
The beginnings of the Type 46 would actually be found with Ettore Bugatti's Type 41 and 44 models. The Type 46 would combine the stateliness of the Type 41 with its tall nose and large wheels with the touring body styles of the 44.
- Kimi Raikkonen Launches Lotus In LebanonFresh from the Malaysian Grand Prix, Kimi Räikkönen joined Group Lotus CEO Dany Bahar in Beirut last night to celebrate the return of Lotus to Lebanon.
The legendary marque is opening a new dealership in Beirut in partnership with leading Lebanese automotive dealer RYMCO and luxury real estate an
- Dodge Challenger Rallye RedlineEvolving into the largest homecoming of modern Dodge rear-wheel-drive performance cars, the seventh annual Spring Festival of LXs marked the perfect opportunity to reveal the new 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline. With its powerful and efficient 305 horsepower engine, paddle-shifting transmission, performance suspension designed to maximize the muscle car's near 50/50 weight distribution for improved handling, and all-new red hot styling enhancements — this new Challenger delivers exactly what Dodge fans want.
- Legendary San Francisco Chase Sequence Reimagined on ‘Alcatraz' Two-Hour Season Finale Tonight on FOXScenes of police officers chasing down bad guys in fast cars have been a staple of film and television for decades. Some of the most iconic examples of the breed have involved the Ford Mustang including a 1968 pursuit through the hilly streets of San Francisco.
For the two-hour season finale of the hit FOX TV series Alcatraz (airing tonight at 8 p.m. ET/PT), executive producers J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, Jennifer Johnson, Daniel Pyne and Jack Bender have reimagined that legendary sequence. In the series, San Francisco detective Rebecca Madsen (series star Sarah Jones) tracks down inmates who mysteriously disappeared from the maximum security prison when it closed nearly half a century ago and are now reappearing in contemporary San Francisco.
- GM China Signs MOU for Chevrolet Volt Demo FleetCATARC deal expected to help facilitate new energy vehicle policy development
General Motors China has signed a memorandum of understanding with the China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATARC) to manage GM's Chevrolet Volt demonstration fleet in Beijing for one year and to hel
- Chevrolet to Debut All-New Impala and Traverse in New YorkThe total transformation of the Chevrolet passenger car lineup advances with the debut of the all-new 2014 Impala full-size sedan at the New York International Auto Show next month. Chevrolet will also showcase a more-refined version of the family-friendly Traverse crossover utility vehicle for 2013
- 1937 Squire 1.5–Liter Drophead Coupe by CorsicaA true sportscar is to be that alluring blend of luxury and performance. And for a brief period during the 1930s, a small manufacturer by the name of Squire Car Manufacturing Company was considered one of the very few to produce some truly amazing automobiles that combined spine-tingling performance with elegant design.
Adrian Squire would work with some of the best sportscar manufacturers even before he turned 21. As an employee of both Bentley and MG, Squire would learn first hand about the elements that go into creating a truly memorable car. But working for factories building such cars wasn't good enough for Squire. And for one reason: they didn't design and build his idea of a great sportscar.
- Cisitalia 202 SMMSince only 26 202s were manufactured by Cisitalia in Torino, Italy, all of the models were handmade by a small talented group including Carlos Abarth, Dante Giacosa and Giavonni Savonuzzi. Several variants were made, and one of the more important ones, the SMM Nuvolari Spyder, was built and named after a class victory at the 1957 Mille Viglia with Tazio Nuvolari at the wheel. It is easily identified by its large rear fins, twin windscreens and usual Italian red paint.
- Ferrari 250 GTOThere were 39 250 GTO's produced between 1962 and 1964, are considered to be on of Enzo Ferrari's greatest masterpieces. Bizzarrini had a major role in the development work. He spent many hours at wind tunnels perfecting the body of the GTO. The result was a top speed of 170 mph.
The 128F 3.0-liter Colombo V-12, used in the Test Rossa, was selected. It was an aluminum engine with magnesium cam covers, six 38 DCN Weber carburetors, and a dry sump oil system.
This combination was good enough for first and second in the GT class at the 12-Hours of Sebring.
- More Images of the 2013 Ford Taurus SHOThe new Ford Taurus SHO is the sportiest Taurus yet to wear the coveted performance badge. With its unique blend of the award-winning, fuel-efficient EcoBoost™ engine, enhanced driving dynamics and performance-inspired design, the new Taurus SHO shows it means business. An unprecedented combination of horsepower, technology and fuel economy takes this acclaimed sporting sedan to a whole new level.
'The Taurus SHO has always followed the original formula of §téälthy sleeper, and the new model is no exception,' said Gordon Platto, chief designer. 'We wanted to keep the subtle, understated, yet sporty elegance, but at the same time we knew it was time to even more fully differentiate the Super High Output model from other Taurus series models.'
- Ram 1500 Lone Star Celebrates 'Texas-big' 10th AnniversaryTen years ago, Ram Truck was the first manufacturer to recognize the strength of the pickup market in Texas and to offer an exclusive edition for the state, and in 2002, the first Ram Lone Star edition debuted.
'The Ram 1500 Lone Star was the first pickup truck designed by Texans and built specifically for Texans,' said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico, a San Antonio native. 'Native Texans are very proud to be from the Lone Star State. For the last 10 years, this truck has given us the authentic opportunity to proudly connect Ram wîth Texas' very proud state motto. It's by far our best-selling Ram truck in Texas.'
- Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Service VehicleLW37 is the only factory built Silver Ghost service vehicle Rolls-Royce produced. It was built to provide service personnel with a dignified method of visiting the Silver Ghost owner's estate and if necessary, removing their car to the factory service facility. Prior methods included utilizing Ford TT trucks with wrecker derrick - not at all fitting for the transportation of a Silver Ghost. It is specially equipped with four-wheel brakes and a special tow bar that connects to the rear fitting and has a casting that fits a Silver Ghost front axle on the other. With this arrangement, one would have to look carefully to see the car being towed is not actually moving under its own power.
- The 2013 Ford FlexFans of the Ford Flex have even more to love next year wîth an upgraded model wîth a sleek new look and even more technology to make driving safer, easier and more fuel-efficient.
'Flex appeals to people who want to stand out from the crowd and has the highest retention rate of any vehicle in the Ford lineup,' said Mark Fields, president of The Americas. 'With technologies not found in other full-size utilities, even better fuel economy and a more modern, sophisticated look, we're offering people even more reasons to choose Flex wîth the new model.'
- The Bugatti Type 50The Type 50 was introduced in 1930 as a super sports car with outstanding performance. It was the first Bugatti with twin overhead camshafts. It was the first Bugatti with twin overhead camshafts. The eight-cylinder, 5000cc motor develops 200 horsepower.
This body style is a roadster with a rumble seat. It rides on the shorter 120 inch wheelbase chassis.
Sixty-five Type 50's were built, most with enclosed bodies. Many magnificent bodies, both closed and open, were installed on the Type 50 chassis.
- 1915 Pierce-Arrow Model 48In its day, Pierce-Arrow was considered one of the three 'P's' of Motordom along with Peerless and Packard. But what would make the Pierce-Arrow one of America's true luxury cars wouldn't be something grand and cacophonous. Instead, it would be its silence that would make it one of the most famous American brands. And one of the earlier models that would help the company earn such acclaim would be its six-cylinder model 48.
- 2002 Monaco Grand Prix: Feels Like HomeWinning the Monaco Grand Prix is certainly something very special within the world of Formula One. Just scoring a victory in the famed race places a racing driver in very special company. So when David Coulthard would make his way through an eventful 2000 Monaco Grand Prix to take the victory it was truly something special. Two years later, and after having lived in Monaco for a few years, it would be like coming home.
- 2005 Australian Grand Prix: Given Wings, Will FlyMotor racing is full of risks. However, most think of those risks existing out on the circuit. Rarely does one think about merely competing being a risk. But in 2005, Red Bull co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz would take a huge risk. He would give wings to a Formula One team. And as the team set off on the first round of the World Championship, it was clear the risk would take flight.
- All-New Chevrolet Trailblazer Makes World Debut in ThailandThe Trailblazer, Chevrolet's tough new 'haul-anything, go-anywhere' SÚV, made its world debut today at a special event ahead of The 33rd Bangkok International Motor Show in Thailand.
First previewed in concept form at last year's Dubai International Motor Show in the Middle East, the Trailblazer will go on sale around the world, beginning wîth Thailand in June.
Based on General Motors' new global body-on-frame midsize truck architecture, the Trailblazer was designed to feature premium ride comfort and handling dynamics for urban and highway driving, matched by superior off-road capabilities.
- Red Bull-Cosworth RB1In 2004 the big cat from Jaguar looked as if it had worn out chasing its prey. Unfortunately, the team would go away famished, never having caught the expectations laid out before it. And while many of the teams it would continue to run away from the new team, as a red bull, the new RB1 would make it clear this would be one team that would not be easily killed in the ring.
Dietrich Mateschitz and Red Bull would purchase the Jaguar racing team in November of 2004. The first round of the World Championship, for 2005, would take place in early March. Therefore, the newly named Red Bull Racing team would have a short amount of time to get a lot of work done.
- Restyled Mercedes-Benz GLK-ClassWith a fresh new design, exclusive equipment, pioneering assistance systems and efficient and agile engines, the restyled 2013MY GLK-Class reaffirms its leadership in the entry-level SÚV §egmènt. The newly designed exterior provides an even more dynamic character, combining classic SÚV styling wîth the design language of the current Mercedes-Benz sedans. High-quality materials, new equipment, fully redesigned trim and new infotainment systems – nearly 1,000 new parts in total - are all part of the new GLK driving experience.
- Felipe Massa Fuels Fans In Malaysia22/3/2012 - Scuderia Ferrari Formula One driver Felipe Massa greeted Shell V-Power customers today at Yazn Enterprise filling station in Sepang, Malaysia.
To coincide with the 2012 Malaysian Formula One Grand Prix, lucky Shell V-Power customers were in for a treat when stopping at their local Shel
- 2002 Monaco Grand Prix: Feels Like HomeWinning the Monaco Grand Prix is certainly something very special within the world of Formula One. Just scoring a victory in the famed race places a racing driver in very special company. So when David Coulthard would make his way through an eventful 2000 Monaco Grand Prix to take the victory it was
- 2005 Australian Grand Prix: Given Wings, Will FlyMotor racing is full of risks. However, most think of those risks existing out on the circuit. Rarely does one think about merely competing being a risk. But in 2005, Red Bull co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz would take a huge risk. He would give wings to a Formula One team. And as the team set off on
- Volkswagen Chattanooga to Hire 800 to Meet Growing DemandVolkswagen Group of America, Chattanooga Operations announced today that the company is creating an additional 800 new jobs at its Tennessee manufacturing facility.
The positions are needed as Volkswagen Chattanooga continues to ramp up capacity to meet customer demand for the new U.S.-produced
- 10th Annual Collector Cars of Fort LauderdaleAuctions America by RM celebrated the 10th anniversary of its Collector Cars of Fort Lauderdale auction by selling more than $17 million* worth of pre-war classics, exotics, hot rods, muscle cars and memorabilia during a four-day event. With an increased number of consignors, bidders and attendees this year, the Fort Lauderdale event produced an impressive 72 percent sell-through rate. Thousands flocked to the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center from March 15-18 to see 553 incredible automobiles plus memorabilia, including 26 well-restored Corvettes from the Tony Parella Collection.
'This was the best Fort Lauderdale auction to date with such an impressive docket of vehicles,' said Donnie Gould, president of Auctions America by RM. 'Bidders, consignors and attendees representing eight countries told us they were pleased with the remarkable selection and quality of vehicles we offered. We're thrilled to see such a positive growth and interest in the hobby. From vintage Shelby Mustangs to historic Chevrolet Corvettes, pre-war classics and celebrity-owned rides, we had something for everyone.'
- Beatle George Harrison's Aston Martin DB5 and a Volkswagen Super Beetle Custom Street Rod come together for charity in HoustonPlans are well underway for the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of Texas this spring, as the organizers set out to augment the annual collector car calendar with another world class concours. The first Concours d'Elegance of Texas is scheduled for May 6th at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, just north of downtown Houston in Montgomery, Texas, in conjunction with Worldwide Auctioneers 11th annual Houston Classic Auction on May 5th. Visitors to Houston can look forward to a spectacular gathering of vintage motorcars, racecars and antique motorcycles over the weekend, and anticipate a Texas sized welcome at the glorious lakeside setting of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, recently voted the #1 resort in the Lone Star state by Conde Nast Traveler magazine Reader's Choice Awards.
- Mercedes-Benz W194In 1951 Daimler-Benz decided to return to motorsports. The W194 was built in just nine months and marked the debut of the now famous 'SL' suffix, denoting Sport and Light. The space-frame structure consisted of a delicate lattice of numerous triangles and was extremely stiff and light. To achieve optimum strength, the frame was raised at the sides - a design that necessitated the use of the now legendary gullwing doors. This car was constructed in 1952 for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and with a team of Hermann Lang and Fritz Riess driving, chassis 7 won the race, the first German car to achieve this result. After this victory Mercedes-Benz decided to produce a road-going version, the iconic 300SL 'Gullwing' coupe.
- RM Auctions to Lift Gavel On Denmark's Famed Aalholm Automobile CollectionRM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, announced today it will present more than 175 vehicles from the world-famous Aalholm Automobil Museum ‘without reserve' during a single-day auction, 12 August, 2012 in southern Denmark.
Located just west of Nysted on the Island of Lolland, and set against the magnificent backdrop of the Aalholm Castle, one of Denmark's oldest medieval castles, the Aalholm Automobil Museum was founded in 1964 by auto enthusiast, Baron J.O. Raben-Levetzau, who used the castle's own 1911 Rolls-Royce as a starting point for the collection. In operation from 1964 through 2007, the museum was regarded as one of Europe's largest and most exciting automobile collections, at one time displaying more than 200 motor cars spanning the 1890s through 1980s
- News From The Simeone MuseumTribute To Sebring Demo Day This Saturday
In the decade after WWII, sports car road racing resumed under the aegis of the SCCA, but it was purely an amateur sport - no prize money or sponsorship was allowed. As a result, Sebring was the only place in the US where you could see the great cars
- 10th Annual Collector Cars of Fort Lauderdale• Auctions America by RM posts more than $17 million in sales with a record offering of 553 automobiles
• Top sellers include a pristine 1933 Chrysler CL Phaeton that sold for an incredible $341,000
• Auctions America boasts 72 percent sell-through rate at 10th Collector Cars of Fort Lauderdale au
- Beatle George Harrison's Aston Martin DB5 and a Volkswagen Super Beetle Custom Street Rod come together for charity in HoustonPlans are well underway for the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of Texas this spring, as the organizers set out to augment the annual collector car calendar with another world class concours. The first Concours d'Elegance of Texas is scheduled for May 6th at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, just north o
- Law Tigers to Provide Helmet and Leather Check Tents at no Charge to Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix FansThe Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix featuring the MotoGP World Championship returns to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for its eighth consecutive year with a new sponsor, Law Tigers, offering free helmet and leather check tents for visiting fans. Staffed and secured, the tents will be prominently located at key
- 1962 Shelby CobraSerial #1 is the first production Shelby Cobra built and among the initial 75 delivered to the dealers in 1962. This car was originally fitted with a Ford-Zephyr straight six-cylinder engine, but was removed and shipped from AC Bristol to Venice, California where Shelby American dropped in a new 260 cubic-inch V8 and took the car for shake-down runs looking for Corvette owners to humiliate.
- The 1938 HRG Airline CoupeThe HRG Engineering Company was founded in 1936 by Major Edward Halford, Guy Robins and Henry Ronald Godfrey. (The name of the company was taken from these individuals surnames). Production lasted until 1956 and during that time, the company produced just 241 vehicles. Of those, it is estimated that around 225 examples still example. All of the vehicles were roadsters, except one - the 1938 HRG Coupe. The Coupe was also the only vehicle powered by a Triumph engine.
- The new Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG: Effortlessly superior and stylish performanceMercedes-AMG is embarking on the 2012 roadster season in inimitably dynamic style: following on from the recent launch of the SL 63 AMG, the top eight-cylinder model, there now comes the presentation of the new Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG, the V12 roadster in the line-up from the Stuttgart-based manufacturer. The AMG 6.0-litre V12 'biturbo' (twin-turbocharged) engine develops a maximum output of 463 kW (630 hp) and maximum torque of 1000 newton metres. The result: exceptional performance, impressive power delivery and effortlessly superior dynamics. As wîth the SLS AMG super sports car, the use of an all-aluminium bodyshell results in a drastic reduction in weight. The new SL 65 AMG is some 170 kilograms lighter than before. The expressive front section is dominated by the new 'twin blade' radiator grille and the front apron's lower cross strut in high-sheen chrome.
- The Rolls-Royce Phantom IIIFrederick Henry Royce made his first car, a 'Royce,' in his Manchester factory in 1904. He met Charles Stewart Rolls on May 4th of that year, and the pair agreed to a deal where Royce would manufacture cars, to be sold exclusively by Rolls. A clause was added to the contract stipulating the cars would be called 'Rolls-Royce.' The company, formed in 1906, moved to Derby in 1908. The Silver Ghost (1906-1925) established the company's early reputation. It had a six-cylinder engine; 6173 cars were built. In 1931, the company acquired rival car maker Bentley, which could not weather the Great Depression.
The Phantom III was the final large early Rolls-Royce. Introduced in 1936, it replaced the Phantom II. The III was distinguished by its unique all-aluminum V12 engine. The new 7.3-liter twelve was a pushrod engine with overhead valves, hydraulic lifters and a single camshaft.
- The Stutz BearcatInspired by an Indy sports car racer built by Stutz in 1911, this version Bearcat was produced from 1914 through 1917. It is powered by a 6,388 cubic-inch, four-cylinder engine. It was a lightweight at just 4,500 pounds and had a 120-inch wheelbase. It also utilized an underslung design that allowed it to be constructed lower than most vehicles.
In 1915, Edward George 'Cannonball' Baker drove a Bearcat from San Diego to New York in 11 days 7 hours and 15 minutes to break the previous record.
- Toyota Prius cHighest rated city fuel economy of any vehicle without a plug - MSRP below $19,000 - Wide array of available convenience and premium technology.
Toyota Motor Sales plans to bring this dynamically styled, five-door hatchback to market in March of 2012, and introduce Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive to the subcompact §egmènt.
The letter 'c' represents 'city' in the Prius c name. Designed to function as an urban-friendly vehicle wîth an engaging driving experience, hatchback utility, and a city fuel economy rating of 53 mpg, Prius c offers the highest city mpg rating of any vehicle without a plug.
- 4th Annual The Quail Motorcycle Gathering InformationTwo of the World's Most Historic and Innovative Motorbikes to Be Showcased on May 5 at Quail Lodge Golf Club in Carmel, Calif.
Quail Lodge Golf Club announced today that two iconic motorcycles, Marty Dickerson's 'Blue Bike' and Dan Gurney's 'Alligator Bike,' will be on display at the fourt
- Passion for the Environment Prevails as $500,000 in Grants and Scholarships Awarded to TeensLexus and Scholastic Announce Final Winners of the 2011-2012 Lexus Eco Challenge
From Hawaii to New York, student teams were honored today for their innovative environmental programs and rewarded with a total of $500,000 in scholarships and grants.
Two Grand Prize winners earned $30,00
- Chevrolet Launches Malibu in UzbekistanChevrolet continues the global launch of the all-new Malibu midsize sedan by announcing it will go on sale in Uzbekistan starting in July, following introductions in Korea, the United States, China and Europe.
The Malibu nameplate debuts in Uzbekistan and will be built for the local and neighbor
- GTA SpanoHaving constructed Spano, GTA Motor intended to go down in history, in both Spain and the world, by following wîth the legend of sports cars manufactured by other Spanish mythical makes. Nowadays they are considered masterpieces, and are greatly appreciated by collectors and are, at times, of incalculable value. Spano was born as the fastest and most powerful automobile ever built in Spain for commercial purposes. In short, it is the car that will mark an era.
- More than 800 Applications Received for Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionShelby Cobra. The name evokes images of muscle, brute power and good ol' American ingenuity. This year's Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion is likely to be the largest 50th anniversary celebration of the venerable marque and, as such, auto enthusiasts and hopeful participants are gearing up for the August 17-19 event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
More than 800 entry requests have been received to compete in the 17 race groups. But only 550 of these beautifully restored historic race cars will be accepted. The five-person Governing Committee has pored over each entry to ensure authenticity, provenance and history before placing potential cars into corresponding groups. Entrants are receiving the coveted acceptance letters this week.
- Nissan Backs Ground-Breaking Deltawing Project for Le MansA highly-advanced and hugely-efficient Nissan engine will power the remarkable DeltaWing car as it races in anger for the first time at the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours (16-17 June).
While Nissan DeltaWing will not be classified in the 2012 Le Mans 24 Hours, the Company is lòòking to showcase the pioneering technology that will show one potential direction for the future of motorsport and will feed into the research and development of future technologies, that filter down to Nissan's road car product range.
- Sebring 12 HoursOn the R18 TDI's farewell performance Audi managed a brilliant start into the new FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC). With victory by Dindo Capello/Tom Kristensen/Allan McNish the brand celebrated its tenth overall success in total at the famous Sebring 12 Hours in the U.S. state of Florida. New signing Loïc Duval completed Audi's one-two victory together with his team-mates Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas.
- Tracta Model EThis rare and stylish Tracta Type E was built in 1930. It features a six-cylinder 2.7-liter, 65 horsepower engine built by Continental and driving through the front wheels.
There were approximately 50 Tracta E's made and the history of this particular car is unknown. The Tracta was in excellent condition when it was purchased by the present owners. It was located in France and had traveled less than 60,000 miles at that time.
- WEC – AF Corse takes Ferrari to victory in first round of World Endurance ChampionshipThe Sebring 12 Hours, first round of the American Le Mans Series and also of the new FIA WEC ended with a World Championship class win for the AF Corse Ferrari, in the hands of Olivier Beretta, Andrea Bertolini and Marco Cioci. They finished third of the GT cars thus taking an immediate lead in the
- Hans Herrmann Inducted Into Sebring Hall of FameStuttgart. Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, is delighted to announce that a special accolade has been awarded to one of its most successful works drivers. Hans Herrmann, born in 1928, was inducted into the Sebring Hall of Fame on 16 March 2012. This prestigious award from the organizers of th
- Magnus Racing Leads Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Sweep of Rolex 24 at Daytona PodiumRichard Lietz (Austria), sharing the #44 Magnus Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with John Potter/Andy Lally/Rene Rast, took over the driving duties with less than two hours left to go at the 50th Rolex 24 at Daytona. He then guided his car through two pit stops and to the GT victory for the Salt Lake City-based
- More than 800 Applications Received for Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionLargest Shelby Cobra 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Year Expected
Shelby Cobra. The name evokes images of muscle, brute power and good ol' American ingenuity. This year's Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion is likely to be the largest 50th anniversary celebration of the venerabl
- Duesenberg Model J with Coachwork by BrunnErrett Loban Cord was the man responsible for the Duesenberg Model J. He had been unsuccessful in several business ventures before realizing his talents as a salesman. Cord joined the ailing Auburn Company and helped turn the company around. E.L. Cord capitalized upon Duesenberg's reputation as a prominent and successful builder of racing cars coupled with Fred Duesenberg's talents as an engineer.
This Duesenberg was purchased in San Francisco by Frank W. Fuller, Esq. This is number 2 of 3 Brunn Rivera Phaetons built. This was the first with a disappearing top or convertible top.
Since first built, all owners of this car are known.
- Porsche 911 GT1 EvolutionPorsche and Le Mans are about as synonymous as one would find. And when the FIA GT Championship really gained popularity during the mid-1990s, Porsche would determine to make its return to sportscar endurance racing in this category. The reason for this was rather simple: Porsche believed others were going at it the wrong way and this gave the factory an edge, it believed.
McLaren and Ferrari would be some of the first to compete in the GT1 category. Ferrari would use a racing version of its F40 while McLaren would use its F1. And while the McLaren F1 had not be initially built for endurance sportscar racing a modified version of the car would go on to score a number of victories including the 1995 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- A new era begins for Audi at Sebring- Premiere of the FIA World Endurance Championship WEC
- Le Mans winning Audi R18 TDI modified for season opener
- First run for new signing Loïc Duval
The 12-hour race at Sebring (U.S. state of Florida) on March 17 is shaped by major developments. For Audi, the new FIA World Endurance Champ
- Corvette Racing Finishes Second and Third in ALMS GT in SebringWild Finish Propels Corvettes to Podium in Closing Minutes of 12-Hour Race
Corvette Racing celebrated the 60th anniversary of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in style, finishing second and third in the closely contested American Le Mans Series GT class. The final minutes of the 12-hou
- DANA POINT CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE HONORS BRUCE MEYER AS 'AUTOMOTIVE ICON' FOR 30TH ANNIVERSARY EVENTThe Dana Point Concours d'Elegance, is honored to announce Bruce Meyer, founding chairman of the Petersen Automotive Museum and founder of the Checkered Flag 200, as the 30th Annual Dana Point Concours d'Elegance's Automotive Icon. Known as one of the greatest ambassadors to the collector car hobby
- 1949 Bentley Mark VIThis car appeared on the Rolls-Royce & Bentley stand at the 1950 Geneva Auto Show. This three-position drophead coupe is one of maybe two that has coachwork designed by Worblaufen of Geneva, Switzerland, mounted on a Bentley Mark VI chassis for the 1950 show. Fritz Ramseier was the designer. It traveled through France in the years immediately after the show. In the early 1960s it was acquired by a California owner and then to Jean Pierre who sold it to the current owners in 1978.
- 1953 Cadillac Series 62 by GhiaDuring the mid-1950s it was still possible to order a chassis from an automobile manufacturer and have it sent to a coachbuilder for a custom body to be built and fitted. This is such a car.
The world's wealthiest man at the time, Prince Aly Khan, gave this Cadillac with Ghia coachwork as a gift to actress Rita Hayworth, to whom he was married briefly.
The car was one of two built by Ghia and nicely combines the exotic looks of an Italian-bodied custom automobile with powerful and reliable Cadillac running gear.
- Experience Buick Gives Customers All-Inclusive LuxuryNew 24-month leases deliver convenience, peace of mind and entertainment
Buick is announcing a new initiative that supports the brand's mission to redefine itself as a modern luxury automaker and leader in customer satisfaction. Experience Buick offers the security and convenience of a 24-
- New Chevrolet Racecar to Debut for 2013 SeasonThe countdown to the debut of Chevrolet's next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racecar is underway. Chevrolet announced today that for the 2013 season, Team Chevy will be racing a vehicle based on a new nameplate to the brand's lineup.
Taking advantage of the new NASCAR rules, which allow manufacture
- Packard Super 8 180The custom body for the Super Eight 180 was the creation of the famed designer to the stars, Howard 'Dutch' Darrin. His trademark is the 'Darrin Dip' in the doors and lowered engine that dropped the entire body. This car was one of the first Packards not to have a running board. It is estimated there were only 50 Darrin Convertible Victoria's built in 1940 and only 35 in 1941. It has a 160 horsepower, 356 cubic-inch engine and dual-down draft carburetors. There is an AM radio, 20 gallon fuel tank, 5-gallon radiator capacity and 7.00 x 16 white wall tires.
- The duPont Model GDuPont Motors Inc. was founded by E. Paul duPont to build marine engines during World War I. When the war ended, he began to manufacture automobiles, and his first car, the Model A, was introduced in 1919.
This vehicle, chassis number 846, is adorned with a hand-crafted body by Merrimac, a subsidiary of the J.B. Judkins Company of Merrimac, Massachusetts. Merrimac and duPont frequently partnered to create some of the most significant cars of the Classic Era. Approximately 25 Club Sedans were produced of which only two are known to still exist. Vaudeville comedian and magician, Harry Green of Hollywood, California, originally owned this vehicle.
- The Model 40 Special SpeedsterIts rich history began in 1932 after Edsel returned from a trip to Europe. He asked Ford's chief designer, E.T. 'Bob' Gregorie to design and supervise the construction of a personal sports car similar to those he'd see 'on the continent.'
The first design reportedly disappointed Edsel because it wasn't lower and racier. But Gregorie, who was adept at turning Edsel's visions into tangible designs, went to work on a more dramatic, streamlined design. This 'continental' roadster may have started wîth a stock 1934 Ford (aka Model 40) frame, but its subsequent chassis was radically altered. The Model 40 Special Speedster was unlike anything Ford Motor Company had built up to that time.
- Prius c Launch Kicks Off with Strong SalesPrius Family Sales Nearly 10,000 in First Half of March
Toyota's subcompact Prius c five-door hatchback, the newest member of the Prius family of hybrid vehicles, is off to a quick start since going on sale March 12.
In its first three days on the market, it sold 1,201 units, making it
- 2013 GMC Terrain Denali Debuts with New 3.6L V-6GMC is expanding its exclusive Denali sub-brand wîth the debut of the 2013 Terrain Denali, bringing a new level of style and power to the luxury small SÚV.
'Denali is growing fast,' said Tony DiSalle, Ú.S. vice president of GMC Marketing. 'With seven different models, sales for this brand within a brand increased 79 percent from 2010 to 2011. With this in mind, the decision to create a more-upscale Terrain was an easy one.'
- INFINITI ANNOUNCES GLOBAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN WITH SEBASTIAN VETTELInfiniti, the luxury car manufacturer from Japan, today announces the forthcoming launch of a major global advertising campaign featuring Sebastian Vettel.
Vettel, the double Formula One World Champion, will be the focus of an above the line strategy encompassing digital media, viral content film
- GRAND-AM Road Racing Returns to Mazda RacewayNew Manufacturers and Well-Known Names Build Strong Fan Following
The highly regarded and competitive road racing organization, GRAND-AM, returns to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for The Continental Tire Sports Car Festival, powered by Mazda featuring the Rolex Sports Car Series and the Contin
- 2012 Glenmoor Gathering InformationAnother field of outstanding automobiles and motorcycles will be on display at the 18th annual Glenmoor Gathering on September 14-16.
Featured classes in 2012 include early supercharged automobiles, steam-powered automobiles, the Allard sports car, automobiles designed by Zagato and the legendary Tucker automobile. The motorcycle class will feature classic 1928-48 American motorcycles. There will also be a display of 'mini' cars and a very unique class— 'The Trans Atlantics'—automobiles with European and U. K. coachwork with American engines.
- Enhancements and Packaging Úpgrades to Better Suit Consumer Needs On The Kia SorentoThe Kia Sorento compact crossover utility vehicle (CÚV), which is built at Kia Motors' Ú.S. manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia, enters its third model year supported by an impressive list of accolades and sales milestones. Since its launch, Sorento has offered discerning consumers a refined and value-minded CÚV wîth class-leading power and fuel efficiency while delivering a full roster of standard comfort and convenience features and an impressive array of safety equipment. For 2013, Sorento's utility and functionality are boosted further by adjusting content to suit consumer needs more than ever before.
- Lexus Ranks Highest of Any Luxury Brand in 2012 J.D. Power and Associates CSI StudyLexus ranked highest in customer satisfaction among luxury brands in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Index (CSI) StudySM for the fourth consecutive year. Lexus achieved an overall CSI score of 861 on a 1,000-point scale, 15 points above the segment average and the highest numeric
- 2012 Glenmoor Gathering InformationAnother field of outstanding automobiles and motorcycles will be on display at the 18th annual Glenmoor Gathering on September 14-16.
Featured classes in 2012 include early supercharged automobiles, steam-powered automobiles, the Allard sports car, automobiles designed by Zagato and the legendar
- BMW Group targets another record year in 2012New highs forecast for sales volume and earnings
EBIT margin of 8 to 10% targeted in Automotive segment
Sales volume of over two million vehicles planned for 2016
The BMW Group is confident about the current financial year after a record year in 2011. 'We are targetin
- Dodge Brand Identity Returns in NASCAR with 2013 Dodge ChargerFans asked for it. NASCAR agreed. SRT Motorsports and Dodge delivered. SRT Motorsports unveiled the 2013 Dodge Charger that will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next season at Las Vegas Motor Speedway today in front of the people that asked for the change -- the fans. Just as they did wîth the Dodge Challenger when it was introduced in the NASCAR Nationwide Series two years ago, SRT Motorsports designers and engineers created a race car fans will have no problem identifying on the race track. The defining features of the street Charger have been expertly incorporated into the racing version.
- LeMay - America's Car Museum Grand OpeningLeMay - America's Car Museum will be officially celebrating our long anticipated Grand Opening on June 1-3, 2012. As part of a three day celebration ACM will host a special Preview Party on Friday night June 1, for 1,000 of our friends and supporters. In fact it's going to be three different parties on multiple levels within the Museum, all at the same time.
- Toyota Giving 100 Cars to 100 Nonprofits in 100 DaysGet Your Favorite Nonprofit in the Running – Winners to Be Selected by the Public
Applications Open for Two Weeks or until 5,000 Applications Are Received – Complete Details Available at www.100carsforgood.com
Do you know a nonprofit that could make great things happen with a n
- Buick Gets Into 2012 NCAA March MadnessAs college basketball fans create their perfect bracket sheets, Buick, the NCAA partner of human achievement, launched its own busy month of March at General Motors headquarters on Monday, donating more than 300 pairs of shoes to needy children.
It is Buick's second year of working with Samarita
- Ford's Fuel-Efficient, Powerful 3.5-Liter EcoBoost V6 Engine to Be Offered in Transit Commercial Van for North America•The all-new full-size rear-wheel-drive Transit van that starts production in North America in 2013 will be available with Ford's 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine, delivering an unbeatable combination of fuel economy and power
•EcoBoost engines are fundamental to the Ford strategy of providing techno
- Amelia Island Concours : Best of ShowThe Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance selected the 1938 Bugatti Type 57 owned by the Off Brothers Collection as their Best of Show. The car is one of only four Aravis Drophead Coupes that was given coachwork by Gangloff.
In 1934, Bugatti introduced their Type 57 which would remain in production through 1940. They were initially built for touring, but many of them made their way onto the racing circuit. The car has an extensive history in Europe before arriving in the United States in April of 1961. In 2009, the car was given a restoration, bringing it back to its original glory.
The Judges at the Amelia Island Concours selected this Bugatti as their favorite from a show field of around 300 vehicles.
- Amelia Island Concours : Concours de SportThe Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance awarded the 'Concours de Sport' to the Ferrari 330 GT owned by Mr. Jaeger. The 330 GTOs were Grand Touring cars with four-liter V-12 engines instead of the GTO's traditional three-liter V-12. Just two examples were built; a cross between a pure prototype and a road-going Grand Touring car. Assigned to Ferrari Engineer and racer Mike Parkes factory F1 and sports car ace Lorenzo Bandini, Mr. Jaeger's 4-liter GTO appears as it did on June 23rd of 1962, when gridded seventh at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It never made the finish at Le Mans that year because after 56 laps it retired with overheating due to an accident and did not race again until 1965. By then, the new owner had installed a three-liter V-12 engine scavenged from a Ferrari prototype. This swap allowed '3765' to compete as a GTO in Italian GT races.
- RM Enjoys Strong Results In The Auction Room and On The Show Field At Amelia IslandRM Auctions, the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, continued its strong track record in Northern Florida this weekend, generating more than $23 million in sales before a packed house at its well-established sale at the Ritz-Carlton. The 88 percent sell through rate saw 92 of the 106 pre- and post-war motor cars changing hands, with six automobiles achieving million-dollar-plus results and spirited bidding leading to the establishment of numerous new auction records.
Top honors went to a stunning 1929 Cord L-29 Special Coupe by The Hayes Body Corporation – a stunning, one-off design statement by Count Alexis de Sakhnoffsky, widely recognized as the most significant L-29 in existence. An outstanding example of Classic Era styling, the ‘Hayes Coupe' garnered strong attention from bidders in the room and on the phones, selling for an impressive $2,420,000 to applause from the crowd.
- 1976 Chevrolet Corvette ConceptBill Mitchell was head of Design at General Motors from 1959 through 1977. During his career, he created the design for over 72.5 million automobiles produced by GM, including the 1963 Corvette Stingray and the 1970 Chevy Camaro. Mitchell spent the entirety of his 42 year career in automobile design at GM, eventually becoming Vice President of Design, a position he held for nearly two decades until his retirement in 1977.
Mitchell was a strong believer in the benefits of building 'dream' or 'concept cars.' He established the GM Advance Design Center, and gave his designers a great deal of creative freedom in their work. This 1976 Corvette, also known as 'The Great White,' is a one-of-a-kind, high-performance styling exercise built expressly for Mitchell. This highly customized Corvette features an all-aluminum 454 Z-1 block and modified L-88 drive train. The car was sold by GM to Mitchell after his retirement.
- Gooding & Company Realizes an Outstanding $36 million Amelia Island AuctionGooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is thrilled to announce more than $36 million in sales from 70 out of 77 lots sold at its Amelia Island Auction yesterday, more than doubling its results from 2010 and establishing a new auction record for Amelia Island. Led by many extraordinary Porsche racing cars that were part of the Drendel Family Collection, 11 world records were achieved. The top-selling lot of the weekend in Amelia Island, the 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder sold for $4.4 million and is now the most valuable Porsche ever sold at auction in the world.
- Prince Bira: 1954 Formula One SeasonEver since the early 1930s the evening dress-inspired blue had adorned the cars of Prince Birabongse. And from those very first moments Prince Bira had proven himself as a competent racer. In many a race, competitors would left chasing after a skirt they could not catch. The flirting would continue heading into the 1954 season.
Despite being in his late thirties, Prince Bira remained a tough competitor. Being one of the Princes of Siam (Thailand), Prince Bira was always able to have some of the latest equipment at his disposal. While his talent was considered good and never really in doubt, his drive and determination would sometimes be lacking. But when he was motivated, he could hang with just about anybody and he would use this, and his equipment, to good effect scoring a number of victories and scoring 5 points in the first year of the Formula One World Championship.
- Gooding & Company Realizes an Outstanding $36 million Amelia Island AuctionGooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is thrilled to announce more than $36 million in sales from 70 out of 77 lots sold at its Amelia Island Auction yesterday, more than doubling its results from 2010 and esta
- Ault Park Concours d'Elegance 2012The Ault Park Concours d'Elegance 2012 will be held Sunday, June 10 at the historic Ault Park in Cincinnati, Ohio. More than 200 collector cars and motorcycles are expected for the event, which is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year.
The featured marque at the 2012 Ault Park Concours d'El
- Chevrolet COPO Camaro Goes From Concept to ProductionChevrolet will build 69 COPO Camaros for 2012, the brand's first purpose-built Camaro drag-racing specialty car designed to compete wîth the quickest in NHRA's Stock Eliminator and Super Stock classes. National records for quarter-mile times in these contests are in the nine-second range.
As such, the COPO Camaros are expected to be the quickest Camaro ever offered by Chevrolet.
- RM Auctions Offers a World-Class Grid of Historic Racing Cars at Forthcoming Monaco SaleBefitting a sale in such a world-renowned motorsport location, RM has secured a truly outstanding collection of some of the world's most significant racing cars. The 2012 event has been extended to two sale days (11th – 12th May), and will also feature a wonderful roster of blue-chip, non-competition collector cars and the famous Saltarelli Ducati Collection.
'Monaco holds a very special place in the history of motorsport so it's therefore fitting that RM is accumulating a fabulous collection of some of the world's finest historic racing machinery for this year's sale,' says Max Girardo, Managing Director, RM Europe. 'With the other fine non-competition cars already consigned to the sale, and with over 100 incredible Ducati motorcycles on offer, this year's Monaco auction is shaping up to be one to remember.'
- JAGUAR LAND ROVER TO HOST TEST DRIVES AT AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE• Full Jaguar Land Rover 2012 model year line-up available for drive experience
• Jaguar C-X16 on display during event
Mahwah, NJ. (Thursday, March 8, 2012) – For the first time at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, Jaguar Land Rover is proud to offer a complimentary drive experience
- Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2012: InformationThe vehicles are hand-picked, the number of participants is strictly limited, the backdrop is simply unique: the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este is regarded as one of the most exclusive events in the world of classic automobiles and motorcycles. 'Our aim is to preserve this exclusive ambience while at the same time welcoming further enthusiasts who are keen to experience the Concorso,' says Karl Baumer, President of the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este and Director of BMW Group Classic, outlining the target for the years ahead. 'That's why we want to extend the public day into a classic weekend.' Dott. Jean-Marc Droulers firmly corroborates this aim on behalf of the Grand Hotel Villa d'Este: 'We would like to share our enthusiasm for the Concorso with more people.' Whereas in the past the grounds of Villa Erba in Cernobbio were only open to the public on the Sunday for a viewing of the Concorso's historic automotive gems, last year saw its gates unlocked on the Saturday as well. This year the Concorso will open up even earlier, namely on Friday evening, allowing visitors to enjoy an Italian festival and open-air cinema.
- The Roding Roadster 23With a design that shows character and temperament and uncompromisingly high performance, this distinctive vehicle concept sets new standards in the roadster sports car §egmènt. It's supreme agility and powerful performance allow you to experience the art of German engineering - firsthand. Because every Roding is manufactured by hand in a modern production process and can be customized to the smallest detail upon request, each car becomes a very personal item for it's owner.
It is time to travel beyond the beaten path and experience true, unfiltered driving pleasure. Experience the Roding, a Roadster created by people wîth passion for performance automobiles.
- Worldwide promises world-class cars and a world-class venue for its 11th annual Houston Classic AuctionRegular visitors to Worldwide Auctioneers long-standing event, The Houston Classic Auction, have come to expect a catalogue sale packed with an array of diverse and exciting consignments. This year's line-up looks set to be more impressive than ever, as the auction company teams up with the inaugural Concours d'Elegance of Texas to present its 11th annual Houston sale in a spectacular new setting. The 2012 Houston Classic Auction is scheduled for Saturday, May 5th, on the lakeside grounds of the award winning La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa in Montgomery Texas, recently voted the #1 resort in the Lone Star State by Conde Nast Traveler magazine Reader's Choice awards.
- Zoe Marks A New Era of Electric Vehicles For AllZOE is Renault's solution to Zero Emission mobility for all. In addition to being a first class choice for everyday use and readily affordable (from just €15,700) Renault ZOE is the first pure-electric car to be designed from the ground up as such. ZOE is packed wîth the latest technology and boasts no fewer than six world premieres geared to enhancing user-friendliness, range and connectivity.
For the first time, the conditions necessary for the widespread roll-out of electric vehicles are well and truly in place.
Únveiled at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, Renault ZOE will go on sale autumn 2012. Its launch marks the beginning of a new era: an era of electric vehicles for all.
- Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2012: classic weekend on the shores of Lake ComoThe vehicles are hand-picked, the number of participants is strictly limited, the backdrop is simply unique: the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este is regarded as one of the most exclusive events in the world of classic automobiles and motorcycles. 'Our aim is to preserve this exclusive ambience while
- SELECT MAZDASPEED RACES TO BE BROADCAST ON ESPN INTERNATIONALThe Star Mazda Championship Presented by Goodyear and the Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda includes racers from around the world. Both series are a part of the Mazda Road to Indy and have attracted the best young racers from not just from North America, but Europe, South America,
- For the fifth year running, the Fiat brand has recorded the lowest CO2 emissions in EuropeFor the fifth year running, Fiat Automobiles is the brand which has recorded the lowest level of CO2 emissions by vehicles sold in Europe in 2011, with an average measurement of 118.2 g/km (4.9 g/km less than the 2010 average). Fiat also ranked first as Group, with 123.3 g/km, an improvement of 2.6
- Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and TacomaToyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. (TMS), today announced that it will conduct a safety recall involving certain 2009 Camry and 2009 to certain 2011 Venza vehicles to replace the stop lamp switch. Approximately 70,500 Camry and 116,000 Venza vehicles are covered by this recall.
During installation of
- Worldwide promises world-class cars and a world-class venue for its 11th annual Houston Classic AuctionRegular visitors to Worldwide Auctioneers long-standing event, The Houston Classic Auction, have come to expect a catalogue sale packed with an array of diverse and exciting consignments. This year's line-up looks set to be more impressive than ever, as the auction company teams up with the i
- Tony Parella Corvette Collection at Auction America's Fort Lauderdale SaleCELEBRATED CORVETTE COLLECTION FROM TONY PARELLA TO HEADLINE AUCTIONS AMERICA'S COLLECTOR CARS OF FORT LAUDERDALE AUCTION
• Tony Parella Collection is one of six private collections to be sold at auction in Fort Lauderdale, March 16-18
• The Parella Collection features 26 Corvettes, inclu
- Keels & Wheels : UncorkedBenefiting the Boys & Girls Harbor
Don't miss an exquisite evening of some of Houston's finest fare and premium wines paired with some of the most exclusive classic automobiles and wooden boats in the world.
Jim and Nelda Blair will serve as the Honorary Chairs for the evening
- 2013 RX Luxury Utility Vehicle Unveiled at Geneva Motor ShowFeaturing the new bolder, signature Lexus spindle grille and upgraded interior, the new 2013 RX will continue to be the most popular choice in the luxury crossover §egmènt it created over 10 years ago.
The 2013 RX gets a fresh sportier look at the front wîth a new bumper, complemented wîth new headlamp design, LED daytime running lights and distinctive fog lamp bezels. The power back door and ÚSB iPod/mp3 control are now standard. Tail lamps and the rear license plate surround get updated looks.
- A new world - Phantom Extended Wheelbase Series IIPhantom's already sublime drive-train has also been enhanced. The addition of a new 8-speed automatic gearbox and rear differential perfectly complement the V12 direct injection engine, improving exemplary dynamics, as well as the famous Rolls-Royce promise of a magic carpet ride. Fuel consumption improves by 10 percent on the combined cycle and CO2 emissions fall from 385 to 347g/km as a consequence (388 to 349 for Phantom Extended Wheelbase).
- Audi RS4 AvantThe Audi RS4 Avant uses the same high-revving, normally aspirated V8 engine that powers the RS5 Coupe. The 4,163 cc powerplant produces 331 kW (450 hp) at 8,250 rpm for a specific output of 108.1 hp per liter. Its maximum torque of 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) is available from 4,000 to 6,000 rpm. The responsive V8 wîth its red-painted cylinder head covers accelerates the Audi RS4 Avant from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 4.7 seconds on its way to a governed top speed of 250 km/h (155.34 mph). This can be increased to 280 km/h (173.98 mph) upon request.
Hand-built at Audi's plant in Györ, Hungary, the 4.2 FSI engine combines its impressive power wîth exemplary efficiency, consuming on average less than 11 liters of fuel per 100 km (21.38 Ú.S. mpg).
- Concours d'Elegance of America Announces Open Track Event And Affiliation with Michigan Classics Vintage RacesThe Concours d'Elegance of America is pleased to announce their Second Annual Concours Open Track Event will be held at Waterford Hills Road Racing (W.H.R.R.I.) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012. The event will be managed by the staff of Waterford Hills Road Racing, Inc. All modern and vintage cars that can pass the safety and sound requirements are eligible to be driven on the road course.
The Concours Open Track Event is just part of an exciting week of activities that are being held before and during the 34th Annual Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's.
- Coys at Techno ClassicaCoys is pleased to confirm that in conjunction with their long-term associations with Techno Classica, the most important and comprehensive classic car show in Europe, the catalogue for this special event is now available online to Club members at www.coys.co.uk.
The sale includes a broad and very high-quality selection of some of the finest and indeed rarest pre and post-war sports and touring cars.
- Dacia LodgyLodgy is stamped wîth Dacia's trademark DNA: unbeatable value for money, reliability and practicality. Measuring 4.5 metres in length and 1.75 in width, Dacia Lodgy's contours and proportions above all reflect its size and strength. With the grille moulded around the Dacia logo and sharp lines that highlight the sculptured wheel arches, Lodgy provides a preview of Dacia's new corporate look. Optimal use of Lodgy's generous external dimensions has created a roomy interior, wîth the result that each of its seven seats can accommodate a passenger in total comfort. The third row features class-leading space in terms of knee and head room (144 and 866mm respectively), which is more than enough to seat two adults comfortably. The two rearmost seats are equipped wîth Isofix fittings, so that child seats and booster cushions can be attached safely and securely. Lodgy's modular interior is particularly versatile. In seven-seat configuration, the third-row bench seat can be removed completely or else folded up against the front seat backs, depending on the requirements of the moment.
- Exclusive, stylish and dynamic: the Viano PEARL. The new Limited Edition from Mercedes-BenzTravelling in ultimate style: the new Mercedes-Benz Viano PEARL Limited Edition demonstrates the possibilities offered by a large-capacity vehicle. The top model of the Viano line combines spaciousness wîth exclusivity. It sets new standards wîth its tasteful and stylish interior featuring select materials and its dynamic exterior.
- Gumpert celebrates two world premieres in GenevaIn the past, the sports car manufacturer GÚMPERT has mainly been known for building race cars for the street. At the 82nd Geneva International Motor Show, the exclusive manufacturer premieres the GÚMPERT apollo r, a purebred race car wîth the brute thrust of up to 860 hp. As the second world premiere, GÚMPERT presents the special edition GÚMPERT apollo enraged.
'Race cars are not entirely new to us,' says Roland Gumpert about the latest model from Altenburg. 'After all, we competed in the 24h at the ‘Nürburgring' race course wîth Heinz-Harald Frentzen in a hybrid apollo in 2008.' Increased demand, especially from Asia, has now prompted the company to offer a pure race car in addition to the street legal apollo and apollo s models. 'Many of our customers are driving their apollo on the racecourse, usually during track days or private events. With the apollo r, we allow ambitious drivers among them to participate in open GT events,' continues the manager of the manufacturing company.
- Hi-Cross Concept explores how one member of Nissan's next generation crossovers could look... and how it might be poweredA dramatic new concept car from Nissan, to be given its World Premiere at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, heralds a possible new design direction for the company.
Called the Hi-Cross Concept, the proposal looks at ways to extend Nissan's leadership of the crossover market with a possible expansion of the current Juke-Qashqai-Murano portfolio. Created in Japan, Hi-Cross Concept is compact yet surprisingly roomy, elegant yet purposeful and - being a Nissan - it's clever with it.
- Honda NSX ConceptHonda presents the new Honda NSX Concept for the first time in Europe, highlighting the design and technology direction for the next-generation supercar.
The dynamically-styled Honda NSX Concept gives an indication of the next great performance vehicle from Honda. Making use of lightweight materials and a mid-mounted V6 engine, the NSX Concept employs several new technologies, including an innovative new Sport Hybrid SH-AWD (Super Handling All Wheel Drive) system.
- Infiniti EMERG-E ConceptThe INFINITI EMERG-E Concept, which makes its debut at the Geneva Motor Show 2012, is a highly advanced mid-ship sports car that provides an exciting glimpse into Infiniti's future.
INFINITI EMERG-E is physical proof of Infiniti's intension to produce a bold halo model befitting the brand's promise of Inspired Performance, and also signals an array of exciting new technologies that the brand will adopt in its quest to build dramatic and sustainable high performance cars. INFINITI EMERG-E also provides a fresh expression of Infiniti's design language applied to a high performance, mid-ship sports car for the first time.
- Lotus unleashes its fastest roadster EVER: The Exige S RoadsterMore raw than a Japanese tasting menu, the Lotus Exige S Roadster combines its coupé twin's mesmerizing grunt and handling wîth an open air experience that makes the driver feel all the more at one wîth the road.
It's the first time an Exige model has been offered wîth a factory-fitted soft top roof, one which is typically lightweight and easy to put up and take down.
- Pininfarina CambianoIt is a new approach to luxury in the car, according to Pininfarina's school of thought. The Cambiano is launched, a concept car that is elegant and sporty, refined and comfortable. An enticing combination of pure, cutting edge design and uncompromising engineering that respects the environment in both in the engine and in the choice of materials.
The Cambiano is an expression of Pininfarina today, embodying all the company's skills in terms of style, planning and research in the field of sustainable mobility. It is no coincidence that its chosen name is that of the town where Pininfarina has its headquarters. In 2012 the company celebrates a dual anniversary: the 30th anniversary of the Style Centre, which was set up in Cambiano in 1982 as 'Pininfarina Studi e Ricerche', and the 10th anniversary of the Engineering Centre, which was inaugurated there in 2002, adding contract engineering to its activities of styling and niche design/production, and concentrating cutting edge technological tools and a team of outstanding specialists in one place.
- Ssang Yong Actyon SportsSsangYong Motor Company will officially launch the new Actyon Sports production ready pick-up at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.
The new SsangYong Actyon Sports reflects the growing demand from drivers wîth an interest in outdoor activities and extreme sports. With a fresh interior and exterior design, and equipped wîth its new e-XDi diesel engine, Actyon Sports has been reborn wîth better fuel efficiency, a more powerful performance and convenience features to meet the needs of a wide variety of customers.
- The Giugiaro-Designed Brivido is Unveiled at GenevaFor its 42nd appearance at the Geneva International Motor Show, Italdesign Giugiaro makes the world premiere of a functional, hybrid, four-seat prototype developed on a mechanics of the Volkswagen Group. Capable of reaching 100 km/h in 5.8 seconds, wîth a maximum speed of 275 km/h without compromising on-board comfort or space, and inspired by technological innovation, the name of the car—Brivido ('Thrill')—sums up its soul.
'For the last few big appearances at the Geneva Motor Show,' explains Giorgetto Giugiaro, 'I focused my research on cars that offered great roominess wîth compact dimensions, and proposing concrete solutions to concrete problems.
- The New GranTurismo SportThe powerful 4.7-litre V8 engine can now deliver a maximum power of 460 HP (338 kW) and a peak torque of 520 Nm, without penalising fuel consumption and emissions. These parameters, coupled wîth the electro actuated gearbox featuring MC Shift technology for faster gear changes (down to 100 ms), enable the GranTurismo Sport to reach an impressive top speed of 300 km/h, accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.7 seconds. The version wîth automatic transmission and MC Auto Shift management software (which is also used in the GranCabrio Sport and Quattroporte Sport GT S) also benefits from significantly enhanced performance, achieving a top speed of 298 km/h and acceleration of 0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds.
- Toyota FCV-R ConceptToyota believes that, when it comes to the development of future powertrains to safeguard sustainable mobility, one size definitely does not fit all requirements.
Different powertrain needs and solutions are determined not only by vehicle size and travel distance, but also by regional variations in energy availability, infrastructure and regulations.
- Toyota FT-Bh ConceptMaking its World Premiere at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Toyota FT-Bh concept is an ultra-light, sub-800 kg, full hybrid vehicle designed to lower fuel consumption and minimise emissions for an affordable B-Segment family car.
Clearly expressing the Únder Priority design language and Keen Look styling of Toyota's next generation vehicles, the FT-Bh has the dimensions of a B-§egmènt vehicle. It is 3,985 mm long, 1,695 mm wide and 1,400 mm high, wîth a long wheelbase of 2,570 mm.
- Vauxhall Insignia BiTurboVauxhall's most powerful diesel engine ever is now available in the Insignia range, producing 195PS and 400Nm of torque, but wîth C02 emissions as low as 129g/km.
Known as the Insignia BiTurbo, and on sale now, it's available wîth a choice of five-door Hatch and Sports Tourer bodies in SRi, SRi Vx-line and Elite trims, priced from £27,120 on the road.
The potent, twin-sequential turbocharged diesel is based on the existing 1956cc unit which powers key models in the Insignia, Astra and new Zafira Tourer range. However, in BiTurbo form the engine produces up to 35PS more power and a significant 50Nm of extra torque, reducing the 0-60mph time by nearly one second to 8.2 seconds (Insignia FWD Hatch).
- Volkswagen Polo BlueGTThe new Polo BlueGT stands out in its ability to combine superior dynamic performance wîth extreme fuel-efficiency. The technical highlight of the progressive compact car is the cylinder deactivation system, which is being introduced for the first time in a Volkswagen – also known as active cylinder management or ACT. The system was realised wîth the new 1.4-litre TSI of the Polo BlueGT. The torque-strong TSI develops a power output of 103 kW / 140 PS, yet has a combined fuel consumption of just 4.7 l/100 km/h* (equivalent to 108 g/km* CO2). If the Polo BlueGT is ordered wîth the optional 7-speed dual clutch gearbox (DSG), fuel consumption drops further to 4.5 l/100 km* – and, bear in mind, this is a petrol, not a diesel (105 g/km* CO2). Nonetheless, this car, wîth a top speed of 210 km/h, accelerates to 100 km/h in just 7.9 seconds. This uncommon coexistence of efficiency and dynamic performance is enabled by the systematic interplay of ACT, downsizing (reduced engine displacement plus direct injection and charging) and BlueMotion Technology (Stop/Start system, battery regeneration). As such, the Polo BlueGT closes the gap between the Polo 1.2 TSI (77 kW / 105 PS) and the Polo GTI (132 kW / 180 PS). The new car will already on the market in July.
- Join Infiniti at the 2012 Amelia Island Concours d'EleganceInfiniti Lounge
Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, Amelia Island, Florida
March 9-11, 2012
Infiniti is pleased to again be this year's proud sponsor of the Infiniti Media Room and Judges' Lunch at the 2012 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. We welcome you to visit the Infiniti Lounge to se
- Infiniti and Red Bull Racing Return to Barcelona for Final Test: Day 2BARCELONA TEST – DAY TWO
•Driver: Sebastian Vettel
•Laps: 85 laps
•Best time: 1:23.361
•Circuit length: 4.655km
•Fastest lap: R. Grosjean (1:22.614)
After fog delayed the start of today's running and the morning session was then interrupted by a number of red flags, Sebast
- Concours d'Elegance of America Announces Open Track Event And Affiliation with Michigan Classics Vintage RacesThe Concours d'Elegance of America is pleased to announce their Second Annual Concours Open Track Event will be held at Waterford Hills Road Racing (W.H.R.R.I.) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012. The event will be managed by the staff of Waterford Hills Road Racing, Inc. All modern and vintage cars that c
- Ssangyong Motor gets board approval on investment plan for next generation compact CUVFirst board meeting of 2012 sees approval of investment plan to develop a new global strategic model following the Korando
KRW 295.8 billion to be invested in this first joint product development project with Mahindra
Ssangyong on track to achieving its mid- to long-term goal
- Coys at Techno ClassicaCoys is pleased to confirm that in conjunction with their long-term associations with Techno Classica, the most important and comprehensive classic car show in Europe, the catalogue for this special event is now available online to Club members at www.coys.co.uk.
The sale includes a broad
- A new world - Phantom Series IIToday, Rolls-Royce presents Phantom Series II, a family of pinnacle cars that have been thoughtfully updated wîth the introduction of cutting-edge technology, enhancements to an already peerless drive-train and improvements in connectivity that reflect the changing world in which we live.
Rolls-Royce Phantom's striking and modern front end best encapsulates the essence of changes that lie beneath, wîth re-styled bumpers and rectangular light apertures that frame full-LED light clusters. These allow the integration of new technologies like curve light functionality, where headlamp beams are reflected in the direction of travel to provide greater illumination of the road ahead when cornering. And adaptive headlamps, where light patterns change automatically and - of course - effortlessly in response to different driving speeds.
- Bentley Reveals EXP 9 F - A Pinnacle Luxury Performance SUV Design ConceptBentley is offering a vision of the future wîth a dramatic new Sport Útility Vehicle concept, EXP 9 F, at the Geneva International Salon d'Auto. The Company's designers and engineers have created a compelling new take on the Grand Touring Bentley - a vehicle that feels equally at home at an opera gala performance, on the sand dunes and the overtaking lane of the autobahn.
Únmistakably a Bentley – yet a Bentley like none before it – the EXP 9 F could herald a third Bentley model-line alongside the bespoke Mulsanne and the high performance Continental GT, GTC and Flying Spur.
- BRABÚS BÚLLIT Coupe 800Últra-powerful, ultrafast and conspicuously inconspicuous: the BRABÚS BÚLLIT Coupe 800, which celebrates its world debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, is built in small-series production based on the two-door Mercedes C 63 AMG model. In place of the 6.3-liter fast-revving V8 that powers the production car, a twelve-cylinder engine in BRABÚS 800 V12 Biturbo specification lurks beneath the matte-black exterior. 800 hp (788 bhp) / 588 kW and a peak torque of 1,420 Nm (1,047 lb-ft) propel the BÚLLIT Coupe 800 to superlative performance: 3.7 seconds to 100 km/h (62 mph), 23.8 seconds from 0 - 300 km/h (186 mph) and a top speed in excess of 370 km/h (230 mph) document the unique know-how of the engineers from BRABÚS. BRABÚS went into the wind tunnel to engineer the aerodynamic-enhancement components that are part of the equipment of this supercar, as are new 20-inch BRABÚS Monoblock R wheels, a sport suspension wîth customer-selectable ride height and damper rates, a high-performance brake system and exclusive cockpit design. The supercar will sell for an MSRP starting at EÚR 378,000. It goes without saying that this car can also be built based on the Black Series C 63 AMG Coupe.
- CL 'Grand Edition': The epitome of the luxury coupéMercedes-Benz is marking the anniversary of '60 years of the S-Class Coupe' wîth a new 'Grand Edition' model. The features of the CL-Class 'Grand Edition' include exclusive designo paintwork, high-quality designo leather appointments and sportily elegant 20-inch wheels. AMG bodystyling elements add a distinctive touch of sportiness, while a special badge indicates the exclusive nature of this anniversary edition of the luxury coupe.
- Cross Coupé from Volkswagen consumes just 1.8 l/100 kmThe Cross Coupé Concept is powered by an alliance of a turbodiesel direct-injection engine (TDI) and two electric motors. Its combined fuel consumption in the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) is a sensationally low of 1.8 l/100 km. This is equivalent to CO2 emissions of just 46 g/km. Noteworthy here is the fact that the Cross Coupé is a powerful SUV with a top speed of 220 km/h, 225 kW / 306 PS of power (system power) and a kerb weight of 1,858 kg. Volkswagen is presenting the concept with a TDI plug-in hybrid in a world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show (08 to 18 March 2012).
- Ford Tourneo Custom ConceptThe dynamic new Ford Tourneo Custom Concept will make its global debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in March, bringing a new level of energy and style to the European personal use vehicle Segment.
Previewing the introduction of a completely new range of people movers, wîth commercial vehicles to follow, the Tourneo Custom Concept showcases a dramatic new look that will appeal to customers seeking style, functionality and space.
- Ford's Stylish and Spacious All-New Kuga Makes European Debut at 2012 Geneva Motor ShowThe all-new Ford Kuga, unveiled today at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, builds on the huge success of the current model and introduces new technologies as well as a more streamlined, stylish and spacious design.
Technological improvements include the introduction of a hands-free automatic tailgate which can be opened and closed simply by sweeping a foot under the rear bumper.
- Lamborghini Aventador JAt the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, Automobili Lamborghini is presenting the most uncompromising open super sports car of its entire history. The Lamborghini Aventador J is a force of nature on wheels – supremely powerful and supremely open. The Aventador J offers its pilot and co-pilot an utterly indescribable experience of power and dynamics. At the same time, the 515 kW / 700 hp two-seater is a first class technology showcase, combining innovative solutions and brand new materials and demonstrating Automobili Lamborghini's enormous expertise in carbon fiber technology.
- Production-Ready Fiesta ST Debuts at 2012 Geneva Motor ShowFord Motor Company is unveiling the new production-ready Fiesta ST at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in advance of the performance hatchback's launch in Europe in 2013.
Customers have clamoured for a new Fiesta ST since the last model disappeared from European showrooms in 2008. The all-new model will take Fiesta ST performance to a new level. The numbers tell the story: 180PS 1.6-litre EcoBoost, 240Nm of torque, 0-100km/h in under seven seconds, and top speed of more than 220km/h. At the same time, the EcoBoost technology delivers a 20 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions compared wîth the previous Fiesta ST.
- R.J. Chase/Equipe Anglaise: 1954 Formula One Season1953 would see Alan Brown join Bob Chase for the season. In the team's one and only World Championship race, Brown would be running well but eventually would have to retire before the end. The 1954 season, with the new Formula One regulations, was very likely to be Brown's last opportunity to take part in a World Championship race. Unfortunately, he would only manage to see it, not actually enter in.
Alan Brown had enjoyed a surprisingly successful season for Ecurie Richmond in the 1952 World Championship. It would end with him scoring a 5th place in the Swiss Grand Prix and a 6th place result in the Belgian Grand Prix. When the season was all over, Brown would accumulate 2 championship points and would end up 16th in the standings.
- Stylish New Ford B-MAX Opens Doors to Practical Solutions for City Driving at 2012 Geneva Motor ShowThe new Ford B-MAX, revealed today at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, features a winning combination of unique design, unrivalled economy and what is among the most advanced small car technology in Europe.
The B-MAX's Ford Easy Access Door System provides unobstructed entry and exit wîth hinged front doors and sliding rear doors integrating the central body pillars.
- The new A-Class – the sporty compact model from Mercedes: 'All set for attack'The heartbeat of a new generation: at the centre of Mercedes-Benz's presence at the Geneva Motor Show (8 to 18 March 2012) will be the world premiere of the new A-Class. The company is opening up a whole new chapter in the compact §egmènt: markedly emotive in design, wîth powerful engines ranging from 80 kW (109 hp) to 155 kW (211 hp), and extremely efficient, wîth emissions from just 99 g/CO2/km. At the same time the new model underlines that for Mercedes-Benz safety is not a question of price - the standard specification includes, amongst other things, the radar-based COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST system.
- The new Audi A3 – Innovation with styleIn 1996, Audi launched the premium compact §egmènt wîth the A3 – now the third generation of the successful model is ready at the starting line. The new A3, which will debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, is a high-tech car full of innovations in all areas. Versions wîth hybrid and alternative drive systems such as natural gas and Audi e-gas are currently in development. A version wîth an exceptionally efficient 1.6 TDI engine will launch on the market in 2012; it consumes just 3.8 liters of diesel/100 km (61.90 ÚS mpg), which is equivalent to 99 g/CO2 (159.33 g/mile).
- Volkswagen Cross Coupe TDI ConceptResearch – regardless of the area of research – always aims to identify solutions that point the way to the future. In December 2011, it was the Cross Coupé – a concept vehicle from Volkswagen – which wîth a fuel consumption value of just 2.7 l/100 km (equivalent to 62 g/km CO2) illustrated a technical approach to implementing an SÚV that can be extremely fuel-efficient despite its high performance and all-wheel drive system. This plug-in hybrid concept was driven by two electric motors and a turbocharged petrol direct-injection engine (TSI). Now, Volkswagen has conceptualised an even more fuel-efficient Cross Coupé. It is powered by an alliance of a turbodiesel direct-injection engine (TDI) and two electric motors. Its combined fuel consumption in the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) is a sensationally low of 1.8 l/100 km. This is equivalent to CO2 emissions of just 46 g/km. Noteworthy here is the fact that the Cross Coupé is a powerful SÚV wîth a top speed of 220 km/h, 225 kW / 306 PS of power (system power) and a kerb weight of 1,858 kg. Volkswagen is presenting the concept wîth a TDI plug-in hybrid in a world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show (08 to 18 March 2012).
- Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance to Open With Classic FlyoverThe 17th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance will open with a historic three-plane flyover at 10:02 AM on Sunday March 11th.
In keeping with 'The Amelia's' theme of rare, elegant, and desirable cars and maximum fun, 'The Amelia's' flyover will not only be unique but historically accur
- Mitsubishi Motors Delivers First i EV Fleet Vehicle Orders to Google and IGO CarSharingMitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) has delivered the first fleet vehicle orders of the environmentally-friendly and affordably-priced 100% electric-powered 2012 Mitsubishi i to search engine giant Google and car sharing service IGO CarSharing.
MMNA and Capitol Mitsubishi of San Jose, Ca
- Barcelona Test - Day Three : F1 W03Nico Rosberg was back in the F1 W03 today for his second day, and the team's third day, of testing this week in Barcelona.
Nico completed a series of medium length runs in the morning session to evaluate different set-up and aerodynamic options
He continued to achieve good mileage o
- Ampera and Volt voted 'Car of the Year 2012'Geneva. The Opel Ampera and the Chevrolet Volt have today won the 'Car of the Year 2012' award. By handing victory to the revolutionary electric vehicles, the panel of judges, made up of 59 leading automotive journalists from 23 European nations, paid tribute to General Motor's innovative foresight.
- Volkswagen Group gives go-ahead for fundamental ecological restructuringAmbitious new sustainability targets
30 percent reduction in CO2 emissions during period from 2006 to 2015
More than two thirds of €62.4 billion investment program for period to 2016 earmarked for ever more efficient vehicles, powertrains and technologies as well as environme
- SALON PRIVÉ APPOINTS INFLUENCE AS COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS PARTNERSalon Privé and its Chubb Insurance Concours D'Elégance has appointed marketing and communications specialists Influence as its communications and public relations partner.
Now in its seventh consecutive year, Salon Privé will this year be held from 5th to 7th September, 2012 at Syon Park. The e
- HAMANN HAWK Roadster – Attractive deluxe convertible with 636 PSA powerful engine packed into an exclusive body design wîth matte-red lacquer from HAMANN Motorsport. After the Gran-Turismo-Coupé, HAMANN is now also customizing the Roadster version of this top-class sports car. The result is a genuine treat for both the eyes and the ears: Úpthrust-reducing aerodynamic components, powerful performance enhancements, stainless-steel exhaust systems wîth a sporty sound, striking 21-inch light-metal rims and deluxe interior modifications bring an individual character to this series vehicle.
- Renault launches a new limited edition ‘Monaco GP' version of Mégane Coupé-CabrioletThe limited edition Monaco GP version of Mégane Coupé-Cabriolet is big on personality. Its unmistakeably sporty front end incorporates black headlight masks and a large air intake, while its sporting credentials are further emphasised by the models slick, classic stance and carefully balanced proportions. The exclusive Pearlescent White body colour is accentuated by Etoilé Black details which produce a ‘two-tone' effect reminiscent of a dinner suit.
- Sophisticated design with sporty dynamicsAt the Geneva Salon, SEAT is presenting the next phase of its product offensive in the form of a close-to-production study – the Toledo Concept combines the proportions of a classic saloon car wîth a sporty, almost coupé-like design.
- Alain Prost: new ambassador of the Renault brand•Dating back to 1976, the story full of victories linking Alain Prost to Renault is taking on a new dimension in 2012.
•This year, the four-time Formula 1 champion is becoming an ambassador of the Renault brand.
•Alain Prost will place throughout the year all his expertise and renown at the servi
- Bonhams Moves to Larger Venue on Existing Quail Lodge PropertyWith the continued expansion of Bonhams' motorcar sales around the globe, the auction house has announced that this year it will be hosting its August auction from a new, larger venue on the Quail Lodge grounds in Carmel Valley.
'Having outgrown our existing site at Quail Lodge, were keen to provide better facilities for our clients,' said Mark Osborne, Head of Motoring at Bonhams. 'This new location – on the lawns at the western end of the property – has ample plein aire viewing against the backdrop of the stunning wooded highlands. It is much more open and accessible and enables our clients to park at the sale site while providing greater space on preview and auction days, two key aims of our move.'
- Nissan Frontier King Cab Named To Insure.Com's Annual 'Least Expensive To Insure' List– Fourth Major Award for the Compact Pickup in 2012 –
It's a good thing that the Nissan Frontier pickup has a roomy cargo bed – the popular compact truck just keeps bringing home industry and media awards. The latest recognition comes from Insure.com, which has named the 2012 Nissan Fronti
- Hide-and-seek game is over: the new Audi A5 DTMEight more weeks to go before the new DTM era starts
Technology largely frozen after homologation on March 1
Preparation of race cars has begun
One date in particular influenced the work of the engineers and technicians at Audi Sport in a major way over the past few
- Formula racing cars from three different decades - up close in the paddock for the whole audienceBosch Hockenheim Historic - Das Jim Clark Revival' 2012 is the only event for classic cars in Europe where you will be able to witness five different racing series for Formula cars on only one weekend. This way, the memorial event for Jim Clark from 13 April to 14 April 2012 definitely lives up to i
- Live from Geneva: Audi A3 world premiereTuesday, March 6, 2012, 8.45 a.m. (CET): Presentation of the new Audi A3 at the Audi Press Conference
- Live TV broadcast via satellite and webstream
- Internet: live stream on Audi MediaServices
Audi will be unveiling the world premiere of the A3 at the Geneva Motor Show. The premium manufac
- The Disco Volante ConceptWith just a few days before the Geneva Motor Show, images of the Disco Volante Concept have surfaced.
The design conveys the spirit of the streamlining, sporty and essential shape of the 1952 ancestor, adding elements of drama, such as the unusual front width and the powerful rear wings, to the typical Touring paradigm of timeless design. The new body dresses the 8C space frame chassis wîth hand-beaten aluminium panels and carbon fibre elements, assembled by the artisans of the Milanese atelier to the customary world class quality standards.
- 2000 French Grand Prix: Gesture and WinHeading down the run through the Golf right hand flick toward the Adelaide hairpin Coulthard had pulled alongside of Schumacher in an attempt to outbreak the German on the outside of the corner. Schumacher would match Coulthard's late braking maneuver and then would proceed to drift abnormally wide in an effort to run Coulthard off the course. But the man in the blue saltire helmet was different this day. And though he would have to back out of the throttle slightly to remain on the circuit, he would make a gesture that made it clear Schumacher would not win the battle.
- Bentley confirms EXECUTIVE INTERIOR for Mulsanne flagshipBentley's advanced multimedia Mulsanne Executive Interior Concept, first showcased at the 2011 Frankfurt Show, is now moving from the design studio to the commissioning suite wîth the introduction of Theatre and iPad Specifications offering state-of-the-art multimedia connectivity on the move.
'The original Mulsanne multimedia concept was previewed at several special customer events across the globe and the reaction was immensely encouraging. Bentley has now created two bespoke Specifications, Theatre and iPad, and we're confident they will meet the expectations of customers needing a business-focussed environment or simply a relaxing space where films, music, television and the internet can be enjoyed,' comments Alasdair Stewart, Bentley's Member of the Board for Sales and Marketing.
- Calendar Announcement - Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionAutomobile enthusiasts worldwide will descend upon this classic event to enjoy the world's finest pre-and post-war race cars competing as they were originally intended on the challenging road course at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The event is a cornerstone, along with the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, of Monterey Peninsula's Classic Car Week. This year welcomes as its featured marque the iconic Shelby Cobra, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary as one of the most recognized names and replicated designs in automotive history. The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion also will resurrect one of America's greatest pastimes when it hosts a class for vintage stock cars. Four days of Reunion action includes mixing with owners, drivers and mechanics in the race paddock and culminates with watching wheel-to-wheel racing among 550 historic cars in 17 race groups that span nearly every era of motorsports history.
- David Coulthard: A Modern ThrowbackFrom the hotels, to the supermodel girlfriends, to the yachts, to the tough competitive driving on the race track David Coulthard could not be any more of a throwback to the wild days of the 1960s when hard racing would be followed-up with hard living. But just like the era in which he would drive, his life as a grand prix racer would have a modern twist to it.
Like so many grand prix stars, David Marshall Coulthard's beginnings start well away from the blue waters of the Mediterranean. In 1971, on the 27th of March, David Coulthard would be born in Dumfries, Scotland to Joyce and Duncan Coulthard.
- Mitsubishi Motors to Enter i-MiEV Prototype in 2012 Pikes Peak International Hill ClimbMitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will enter the i-MiEV Prototype in the 2012 edition (July 8) of the legendary Pikes Peak International Hill Climb held annually in Colorado in the Únited States. The i-MiEV Prototype is a prototype based on the MMC's all-electric i-MiEV model, the first 100% electric vehicle (EV) to go into mass production and is already on the road in Japan, Europe and North America, wîth plans to expand to other markets.
The i-MiEV Prototype is to be driven by Hiroshi Masuoka, in many parts of the world known as a legendary race driver whom during the course of decades of racing success took on the brutal Dakar Rally 21 times, winning it consecutively in 2002 and 2003, driving Mitsubishi Pajero and Pajero Evolution models respectively.
- Spectacular super-sports car - MANSORY customises the McLaren MP4-12CDeeply rooted in the MANSORY philosophy is the motto of always supplying prized automobile possessions. With the customised McLaren MP4-12C, the luxury manufacturer from the Bavarian town of Brand has once again succeeded in delivering another such highlight, just in time for the Geneva Motor Show 2012.
- The 82nd Geneva International Motor ShowThe Geneva International Motor Show will be open from March 8-18, 2012. For this year, a total of 180 World and European Premiers will be presented by the 260 exhibitors. As with every year, visitors will be able to discover the latest technologies and see the new models from more than 30 of the world's major manufacturers. In addition, the winner of the Car of the Year award will be named at the Geneva International Motor Show for the first time. As a result, and more now than ever, the Geneva International Motor Show has consolidated its position amongst the world leaders of international automobile exhibitions.
- Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr's Contribution to Kiplinger's Personal Finance 'Top Values In New Cars 2012'More than 10 Audi vehicles have been named by Kiplinger's Personal Finance to the 'Top Values In New Cars 2012' list, including the 2012 Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr, which was named Best New Car in the $40,000-$50,000 price range. 'Top Values In New Cars 2012' recognizes new vehicles for their perform
- GM February Sales Beat ExpectationsSmall and Compact Car Sales up 43 percent
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported total sales of 209,306 vehicles in February, up 1.1 percent compared with the company's very strong February 2011 results.
'Chevrolet's 6 percent sales increase, which was driven by new models, as
- VOLKSWAGEN REPORTS 42.5 PERCENT INCREASE IN FEBRUARY U.S. SALES– Best February sales results since 1973 with 30,577 units sold –
– Passat named Top Family Car by Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com amidst sales momentum –
• February sales total 30,577 units, a 42. 5 percent increase over prior year sales
• Passat, the 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year, sold 8,189 its
- 2000 French Grand Prix: Gesture and WinHeading down the run through the Golf right hand flick toward the Adelaide hairpin Coulthard had pulled alongside of Schumacher in an attempt to outbreak the German on the outside of the corner. Schumacher would match Coulthard's late braking maneuver and then would proceed to drift abnormally wide
- 2013 Buick Enclave Teased Ahead of New York RevealNew fullsize luxury crossover to debut in Big Apple next month
The redesigned 2013 Buick Enclave will debut at the New York Auto Show on April 4, 2012. A rendering of the new luxury crossover's new cabin released today previews the changes to come, which include industry-exclusive safety t
- Audi reports best U.S. February sales in its history; 14th consecutive record-setting month• New vehicle sales up 10% vs. February 2011, and an increase of 14.9% YTD growth compared to 2011
• Sales propelled by demand for top two premium categories, representing more than 25% of the sales mix, and strong TDI® clean diesel sales
• Certified Pre-Owned sales of 2,865 vehicles marks secon
- Mitsubishi Motors Reports February SalesMitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported February 2012 sales increases for all of its core models: Outlander Sport, Outlander, and Lancer. Overall Mitsubishi sales (4,736 units) decreased 31.3 percent from February 2011, due to models whose production has been completed or will be comp
- Toyota Motor Sales Reports Increase in February 2012 SalesHybrid Sales Up 60 Percent, Camry Surges
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. reported monthly sales results of 159,423 units in February. With 25 selling days in 2012—versus 24 selling days in February 2011—sales increased 7.9 percent over the year-ago month on a daily selling rate basi
- Calendar Announcement - Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionAugust 17-19, 2012 : Monterey, California
Automobile enthusiasts worldwide will descend upon this classic event to enjoy the world's finest pre-and post-war race cars competing as they were originally intended on the challenging road course at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The event is a corn
- HYUNDAI ELANTRA NAMED BEST CAR UNDER $20,000 BY AOL AUTOSThe Hyundai Elantra, winner of the 2012 North American Car of The Year, topped the list of 'Best Car Under $20,000' by AOL Autos. Elantra's unmatched fuel economy and innovative styling helped beat out its competitors Toyota Corolla, Mazda3, Ford Focus and Chevrolet Cruze.
'Elantra comes with a 1
- Chrysler Group LLC Reports February 2012 U.S. Sales Increased 40 Percent; Best February Since 2008Best February sales in four years
February marks the 23rd-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
Ninth-consecutive month of sales gains of at least 20 percent
Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram Truck brands each post sales increases in February versus same m