2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun |
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante: The Ultimate Convertible Super GTAston Martin today unveils the Vanquish Volante - a stunning new luxury sports car that brings the thrill of open top motoring to the super GT class.
Alongside its coupe sibling, launched to worldwide acclaim last autumn, the new Vanquish Volante sits at the pinnacle of the luxury British car maker's sports car lineup.
Benefitting from all of the technical, engineering and design advances present in the Vanquish coupe, the new Volante enhances the driving experience still further through the option of exciting convertible driving.
- Packard Panther Daytona ConceptPackard was not going down without a fight. Things were looking bleak on East Grand Avenue in Detroit, but to let the motoring world know that Packard was alive and well, the company introduced a special show/experimental car in 1954. Styled by Dick Teague, the car was quickly sent to the annual Speed Weeks action at Daytona Beach in February of that year. With noted race driver Jim Rathmann at the wheel, he set an official 110.9 mph on the sand while recording an unofficial 131 mph. Called the Gray Wolf II, it took its name from the record-setting racer of 1903 and 1904 giving a 50th anniversary purpose to the car as well. It is powered by Packard's 359 cubic-inch inline Eight equipped with a McCullough supercharger thereby boosting output to a claimed 275 horsepower.
- The Auburn 12-160AA young designer named Alan Leamy, himself arriving at Duesenberg when he was just 25 years old, was the man responsible for penning the Auburn Speedster just three years into his career at the age of 28. George Kublin, Auburns chief engineer, designed the 160 horsepower Lycoming-built V-12 which powers this Speedster. Auburn built just 59 Speedsters including 37 highly appointed 12-160A models like this at a base price of $1,425. Included was a newly developed Columbia 2-speed rear-end, effectively giving the car six forward speeds, as well as cockpit adjustable shock absorbers and Startix automatic re-start. Today it seems hard to believe that a car this stylish was America's lowest price V-12 when new.
- The Brewster FordBrewster & Company was a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rolls-Royce of North America. To avoid the stigma of bankruptcy, it evolved into the Springfield Manufacturing Corp. President John Inskip's idea to avoid bankruptcy altogether was to build four custom-built Brewster bodies on a Ford V-8 chassis each carrying a $3,500 price tag; half the typical cost of a custom car at that time. Body styles included a town car, limousine, convertible coupe, and convertible sedan. The plebian Ford chassis appealed to those who had survived the crash financially yet considered it inappropriate to flash their good fortune in an era of soup kitchens, breadlines, and 25 percent unemployment. To the unsuspecting they could say, 'I'm driving a Ford.'
- The Stout ScarabThe Stout Scarab was an aerodynamic masterpiece that featured a rear-engine layout, flow through ventilation, concealed running boards, and modular seating. This particular example is the second Scarab created.
The Scarabs were produced in very limited numbers, with only nine examples built. Part of their rarity was due to their $5,000 price tag per vehicle, an incredibly steep price in the post-Great Depression era. However, Scarabs did find homes with some of America's industrial giants. Scout Scarabs resided in the garages of the Wrigleys (chewing gum), the Dows (chemicals), the Strahanans (Champion Spark Plugs) and the Firestones. Mr. Stout was a close friend of these pioneers as well as Henry Ford.
- Spyker Returns To Salon Privé With Stellar Line-Up For 2013Salon Privé 2013: Wednesday to Friday, 4 to 6 September, Syon Park, London
Syon Park, London, 19 June 2013 – Salon Privé is delighted to confirm Dutch car manufacturer Spyker's return with its models featured on both the Concept Lawn and as part of the Audemars Piguet British Super
- Delage D8 120SSThe D8 120 was introduced in 1937 and incorporated hydraulic brakes, a revised Delahaye-style chassis with transverse leaf independent front suspension, and an electro-magnetic pre-selector gearbox. It is powered by a 140 horsepower, 4.3-liter inline eight-cylinder engine.
This one-off, short wheelbase coupe was originally ordered for a European prince and is the only one known of its specification. A restoration was completed in 2009.
- OVER 200 CONTRACTORS NAMED AS GRAND MARSHAL FOR THE SCOTT 160 ARCA SERIES RACE AT ROAD AMERICAELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 19, 2013 - There's no way drivers will miss the call to 'start your engines' at the upcoming SCOTT® 160 ARCA Series Race - because over 200 contractor Grand Marshals will be giving it!
SCOTT® Home Improvement Solutions will host over 200 Menards contractors as par
- BUICK LACROSSE PRICED AT $34,060DETROIT – The 2014 Buick LaCrosse luxury sedan goes on sale later this year with a suggested retail price of $34,060, including a $925 destination charge. Standard equipment includes next-generation IntelliLink connectivity, an eight-inch reconfigurable color cluster display, eight air bags a
- PRICING ANNOUNCED FOR 2014 YARISTORRANCE, Calif., June 18, 2013 -- Toyota Motor Sales announced pricing and product enhancements for the 2014 Yaris Liftback which went into production on June 3, of 2013. Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) will be standard on all MY14 Yaris models.
Grade Current MSRP New MSRP MSRP Chg ($)
- Aston Martin Racing Unveils Winning Le Mans Gulf LiveryLe Mans, 18 June 2013 - Aston Martin Racing and Gulf have unveiled the winner of their livery design competition.
The design, inspired by the change in atmosphere as day gives way to night during the 24 Hours of Le Mans, was created by Jonathan Wesley from Kettering in the UK and will ador
- Jaguar Land Rover Appoints New Director Of Manufacturing(COVENTRY, UK)- June 18, 2013 -Jaguar Land Rover is appointing Wolfgang Stadler as its new Director of Manufacturing. In this role, Wolfgang will be responsible for Jaguar Land Rover's global manufacturing operations and will report directly to Dr Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer.
- SUBARU OF AMERICA IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE VILLAGE OF ITASCA, ATTEMPTS TO SET A GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® RECORDItasca, Ill - Subaru of America, Inc.'s Central Region, in partnership with the Village of Itasca, announced today that it will attempt to set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® record for the 'Largest Parade of Subaru Cars.' The attempt will take place on July 13, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. The parade will s
- Honda Introduces All-New Rammer Engine06/18/2013 - ALPHARETTA, Ga. Honda has introduced an all-new, GXR120 general purpose engine, a model uniquely developed as an ideal source of power for rammers – equipment used to compact soil or other granular material. Offered as a second power option to the reliable GX100 engine, the new
- Rick Kelly Scores A Fifth Place For Nissan In The Top End◾Best V8 Supercars Championship race result yet for Nissan as Rick Kelly finishes in fifth place on Saturday at Hidden Valley Raceway in Darwin, Northern Territory
◾Michael Caruso makes it a double top 10 for Nissan on Saturday with 10th place
DARWIN, Australia - Rick Kelly has created mo
- OPTIMA® Batteries Hosts Faceoff Event at Road AmericaHighly-Anticipated Performance Automotive Event Includes Exciting New Elements, Automotive Influencers, Celebrities and Incredible Cars
ELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 19, 2013 - Back by popular demand, OPTIMA® Batteries will once again host the OPTIMA Faceoff at Road America event in Elk
- All-New 2014 Acura MDX Takes Luxury Refinement to a New Level with Signature Acura Technologies, Increased Comfort, Fuel-Efficiency and PerformanceMDX flagship SUV now available with Two-Wheel Drive and features direct-injected powertrain, Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, more versatile interior and the AcuraLink™ Next Generation services
06/19/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. The all-new 2014 MDX, the third generation of Acura's acclaimed
- Bell Helmets and Mazda Raceway Unveil Commemorative Helmet for 2013 Red Bull U.S. Grand PrixLimited Edition Bell Star Carbon Celebrates Prestigious International Event with Imagery Paying Homage to Monterey's Historic Cannery Row
Scotts Valley & Monterey, Calif., June 19, 2013 – Bell Helmets and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, today unveiled a commemorative helmet in honor of the
- Fiat 500L Living: the new model of the 500 familyFiat presents the first official photos of the Fiat 500L Living, the new model that will have its world preview in July on the sixth anniversary of the 500 family. A development of the icon launched in 2007, the new car is for living to the full, a car which reaches out directly to a diverse public, attentive to new features and looking for a balance of functionality and design, to make room for their many interests and intended uses without compromising on style.
The new Magic Purpose Wagon by Fiat has all the charm of the 500, the agility of a city-car, as compact as a mid-size car, the comfort and contents of a C-segment station wagon or saloon, the space and the versatility of an MPV. These are the ingredients of a new conception of the car, which is not based solely on technical specifications, but also and above all how it is experienced in life: the 'living space' that determines its name thus takes centre stage in this car.
- The AmilcarThe Societe' Nouvelle pour l'Automobile was founded in 1920 in the Paris suburb of Saint Denis to 'make sporting voiturettes', or small cars. Together with Salmson, the Amilcar was the quintessential French small car of the 1920's. Amilcar was the amalgam of the two bakers' names; Joseph Lamy and Emile Akar. The first car was designed by Edmond Moyer who worked for Citroen. Production of automobiles was always limited in number and in the late-1930's, the French company was taken over by Hotchkiss. The Amilcar was gone after 1930.
- Audi announces pricing for all-new high-performance 2014 Audi SQ5• Pricing starts at $51,900 for Audi SQ5 high-performance luxury crossover
• SQ5 is the first-ever S variant of any Audi Q model
• Audi SQ5 achieves 354 hp, 347 lb-ft of torque
Pricing for the all-new 2014 Audi SQ5 high-performance luxury crossover – the first-ever S variant of any Audi Q model
- Mitsubishi Motors All-New Outlander Crossover the 'Official Safety Vehicle' of the 2013 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC)CYPRESS, CA, June 17, 2013 -- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is proud to announce that its completely redesigned 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander crossover will be the 'Official Safety Vehicle' for this year's 91st running of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) to be held
- ALL-NEW 2014 FIAT 500L EXPANDS FIAT BRAND'S PRODUCT LINEUP AND COMMITMENT TO INNOVATIVE AND VALUE-LOADED ITALIAN CARS◾Loaded with value: all-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four well-equipped models
◾Leveraging: taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500 while adding two more doors plus best-in-class interior vo
- LOCAL RESIDENTS WELCOME NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES TEAM HAULERS TO ROAD AMERICAELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 18, 2013 - This Thursday NASCAR Nationwide Series team haulers will gather at Times Printing Company in nearby Random Lake, Wis., prior to their convoy to Road America for the Johnsonville Sausage 200 Presented by Menards. Last year's hauler parade drew hundreds of NA
- Mclaren To Showcase Le Mans Heritage At The Goodwood Festival Of Speed 18 Years After Victory◾Three iconic examples of the McLaren F1 to feature as part of the brand's 50th anniversary celebrations
◾Chassis F1/01R returns to the Festival of Speed having previously run in 1995 following victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans
As teams and drivers prepare for this weekend's running of the famo
- Lotus heads to Le Mans with its latest and greatest!Lotus will be out en-masse this year for the 24-Heures-du-Mans 90th anniversary competing in LMP1 and LMP2 and showing-off the newest addition to the Lotus family, the Exige S Roadster.
Lotus, together with its LMP1 team Lotus Rebellion Racing, and LMP2 team Lotus Praga, prepare for the famous Fr
- LONG ISLAND MAN'S VOLVO WILL REACH THREE MILLION MILES IN 2013ROCKLEIGH, N.J. (June 18, 2013) - In a journey that has lasted nearly half a century, spanned the globe and elicited awe from generations of car lovers, Long Island's Irv Gordon has a phenomenal achievement in his sight: driving 3,000,000 miles in the same car - a shiny, red 1966 Volvo P1800.
- Ford F-150 Chosen As Best Light-Duty Pickup Truck By Pickuptrucks.Com And Popular Mechanics Magazine◾The 2013 Ford F-150 beat five competitors, including 2014 model trucks, in head-to-head tests conducted by PickupTrucks.com and Popular Mechanics
◾F-150 recognized for its leading capability and performance
DEARBORN, Mich., June 17, 2013 – The Ford F-150 has been named winner of the 2013
- Ready To Take On Pikes PeakFor the first time, the nine-time world champion and the wild animal got the chance to drive the famous Pikes Peak hill climb course in its entirety, which reaches a vertiginous 4300 metres at its summit. Peugeot Sport used the test to refine the set-up of the car to match the unique demands of Pike
- BMW DRIVERS SHINE AT THE DIAMOND CELLAR CLASSIC WITH ONE WIN, THREE TOP-FIVE'S AND THREE TOP-10'S ACROSS FOUR CLASSESWoodcliff Lake, N.J. – June 17, 2013 . . . BMW drivers totaled one victory, three top-five and three top-10 finishes across four class of competition at Saturday's GRAND-AM Diamond Cellar Classic at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, in Lexington, Ohio.
The day's outstanding performance was d
- Magnus Racing Porsche Mid-Ohio Second Place Recaptures Grand-Am Gt Points Lead From Back Of The GridPorsche Customers Teams Finish Second, Fifth, Ninth and 11th in Rolex Series Race
Lexington, Ohio. Magnus Racing left the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course after GRAND-AM Rolex Series qualifying yesterday frustrated with an 11th place qualifying effort, last on the GT class grid. They leave the
- CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R TAKES LIGHTS-TO-FLAG VICTORYSEPANG, Malaysia – On Sunday, the Malaysian round and third race of the 2013 SUPER GT series took place at Sepang International Circuit, situated on the outskirts of the country's capital, Kuala Lumpur. Starting from pole position, the #12 CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R (Tsugio Matsuda/Joao Paolo de Oli
- ASTON MARTIN TARGETS LE MANS SUCCESS WITH FIVE-CAR ENTRYLe Mans, 17 June 2013 - Aston Martin Racing prepares for its most ambitious assault on the 24 Hour of Le Mans as it takes five Vantage GTEs – the team's largest entry to date – to the world-famous endurance race this weekend (22-23 June).
The 2013 event is set to live long in the memories
- CHRYSLER GROUP'S SRT BRAND BUILDS AWARENESS THROUGH RACING AT LE MANSJune 17, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - With its heritage deeply rooted into the fabric of domestic and international road racing's rich history, the highly anticipated return of Viper to the 24 Hours of Le Mans stirs the souls of those who have shared in its recent rebirth and return to the ul
- SKEER TAKES A WET AND WOOLY MAZDA MX-5 CUP WIN AT MID-OHIOLEXINGTON, Ohio (June 16, 2013) – Elliott Skeer, of Vista, Calif., did what it took to win Round Six of the SCCA Pro Racing Mazda Playboy MX-5 Cup in the rain at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, part of the Diamond Cellar Classic. Christian Szymczak, of Palos Altos, Calif., and George Jackson, of
- MAZDA SKYACTIV-D CLEAN DIESEL MAKES IT A HAT-TRICKJune 15, 2013 (IRVINE, Calif) First came Road Atlanta, then Detroit, now Mid-Ohio. The difference this time was that it was the team owner's car taking the checkered flag with Sylvain Tremblay and Tom Long scoring the win. Long had won the pole position and the team led the bulk of the ra
- SYNC AND MYFORD TOUCH SOLD ON 79 PERCENT OF NEW FORD VEHICLES, NEW TECHNOLOGY DRIVES QUALITY SATISFACTION◾SYNC® and MyFord Touch® sold on nearly 80 percent of 2013 Ford vehicles, double the sales mix of infotainment systems sold with Toyota and Honda vehicles, and up from 68 percent in 2012; MyFord Touch mix of 55 percent increased from 12 percent in 2012
◾Customers with vehicles equipped with MyFord
- GREG BIFFLE GIVES FORD MOTOR COMPANY 1,000TH NASCAR VICTORY AFTER WINNING AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY◾Ford Motor Company has won 1,000 NASCAR races in the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series combined.
◾Jim Roper won the very first NASCAR-sanctioned stock car race in a Lincoln when he was deemed the winner at Charlotte on June 19, 1949.
◾Ford Motor Company has won 20 manufacturer
- VOLVO CARS TO JOIN AUSTRALIAN V8 SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIPVolvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) announces it will have an official Volvo Polestar Racing team on the grid in the V8 Supercars Championship in 2014 and race the Volvo S60.
'I'm delighted to announce Volvos return to motorsport in Australia. Volvo has a rich motorsport heritage in this country, includ
- GOODYEAR RANKS AMONG TOP WORKPLACES IN NORTHEAST OHIOAKRON, Ohio, June 17, 2013 – The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has been ranked as one of the top workplaces in northeast Ohio by WorkplaceDynamics, the fastest-growing employee survey company in the United States.
The Top 100 list features a mix of the best large, mid-sized and small comp
- FERRARI THIRD IN MID-OHIOMaranello 16 June - After a long race in Mid-Ohio, it was a podium finish for the AIM Autosports Team FXDD for Emil Assentato and Anthony Lazzaro who crossed the line in third position. The results were decided in the last two laps of the 2 hour 45minute endurance race after a collision betwe
- BAYNE AND BUESCHER POWER FORD TO PAIR OF TOP-10 FINISHES SATURDAYTREVOR BAYNE, No. 6 Roush CleanTech Ford Mustang (Finished 5th)– 'I thought we were going to get that 1,00th win to be honest. The car just got too loose while we were leading there. A couple guys got by me and it got real sketchy with the 33, otherwise I think we would have had a shot at the
- Farewell Cabezon!Maranello, 15 June – A great friend of Ferrari passed away today, José Froilan Gonzalez died at the age of ninety in his native Buenos Aires. His name will forever be linked to that of the Scuderia; indeed he was the one, who on 14 July at Silverstone, sixty two years ago, took the Prancing H
- Exceptional Families In Maranello TodayMaranello, 15 June –There are 15,000 special guests at Ferrari today, made up of the families of those who work in Maranello. They have been given the opportunity to look round the company, including the road car production areas and those relating to racing and the Scuderia. It's an event th
- A Long Life For Ferrari Formula 1 Cars After RacingJerusalem, 15 June – A Formula 1 car, or to be more specific in this case, a Ferrari, usually only 'sees' about twenty places in its life, namely those that host the Grands Prix during its one season of racing life. Some of them however, have a much longer history, that sees them travelling a
- FORD USING ROBOTS TO IMPROVE 'BUILT FORD TOUGH' DURABILITY TESTING OF ITS TRUCKS◾Ford is first automaker to develop robotic technology that drives vehicles during new accelerated high-impact on-road and off-road durability testing
◾Robotically driven vehicles ideally suited for durability test conditions that could prove too taxing for human drivers
◾New technology used to en
- NISSAN PUTS THE FANS FIRST AT LE MANSLE MANS, France - The eyes of the motorsport world are about to turn to Le Mans and, just like last year, Nissan will provide a great deal for all to see with an emphasis on putting the #fansfirst.
After the experiences of the Nissan DeltaWing, dubbed the world's first social media car, Ni
- GLOBAL RALLYCROSS ANNOUNCES GRC LITES INAUGURAL 2013 SCHEDULELos Angeles, Calif. (June 14, 2013) – Global Rallycross is pleased to announce the inaugural season of GRC Lites, with a six race schedule that will see the new series visit some of the greatest race tracks in America. GRC Lites, the companion series to Global Rallycross's Supercar class, has
- Chrysler Group and NHTSA Resolve Recall RequestChrysler Group LLC and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have resolved their differences with respect to NHTSA's request to recall 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2002-07 Jeep Liberty vehicles.
As a result of the agreement, Chrysler Group will conduct a voluntary campa
- Ferrari 308 GT4/LMAt the Paris Motor Show in November 1973 Ferrari would unveil its first production model to feature Bertone body styling instead of the usual Pininfarina. The car was also not called a Ferrari, at least not straight-away. Boasting of a mid-engined V8 engine that would become the pattern for a majority of Ferrari models in the future, the Dino 308 GT4 would be controversial with its angular body. However, Ferrari would see a serious contender in the Dino 308 GT4, one capable of combating the much vaunted Porsche Carrera 2.7 RS.
When completed and production of the 308 GT4 began, there were no plans to make it for anything but the street. However, the layout and design of the car, including the 220+ bhp produced by the 3.0-liter V8, certainly made more than one person think about the car as a potential competition model.
- SALON PRIVÉ RELEASES EXCLUSIVE SELECTION OF RCA 'CONCOURS OF THE FUTURE' DESIGNSExclusive 'taster' selection of RCA 'Concours of the Future' designs released today:
•Audi Auto Union race car
•Bugatti Type 35
•Lamborghini 350 GT
The complete design collection will be revealed at Salon Privé in September
Salon Privé 2013: Weds to Fri, 4 – 6 Sept
- TOP DRIVERS SPARKLE IN SUNDAY SUNSHINE FROM THE WEATHERTECH® CHICAGO REGION SCCA JUNE SPRINTS® AT ROAD AMERICAELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 16, 2013 - The Eight races, including repeat performances from Saturday's four groups, highlighted Sunday's SCCA WeatherTech Chicago Region June Sprints at Road America. All 12 of the weekend's races were a part of the SCCA Northern Conference Majors Tour Championship
- ALPINE A450 AND NELSON PANCIATICI IN THE STARTING BLOCKS!The Signatech-Nissan team successfully ran through all their tests on Test Day and demonstrated just how competitive the Alpine A450 is without driving for the sake of pure performance. With these positive results, Nelson Panciatici feels ready to take on Le Mans 24 Hours!
Nelson Panciatici, who
- IRACING ARTISTS MAKE THEIR MARK IN NASCARBedford, MA (June 14, 2013) – Since iRacing.com opened its virtual doors for business in 2008, the online racing service's meticulously modeled race cars and tracks have proven to be valuable tools for professional race drivers, be they established stars like NASCAR's Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and
- Bentley Celebrates Tenth Anniversary Of Le Mans Victory◾A decade since famous British 1-2 victory
◾Bentley commemorates sixth Le Mans triumph
(Crewe, 14th June 2013) Tomorrow marks ten years to the day since Bentley's famous victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. At 16:00 on 15th June 2003, the Number 7 Bentley Speed 8 driven by Guy Smith, Tom K
- MOPAR's Father And Son Team Working Towards A Memorable Father'S Day At Bristol◾Mopar competes at 13th annual NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, the tenth of 24 national events
◾Johnson has earned three consecutive No. 1 qualifier honors at Bristol Dragway, his home track, but a Pro Stock win has eluded him
◾In 2012, Johnson finished runner-up in the closest finish in NHRA histo
- VOLKSWAGEN GROUP DELIVERS 3.87 MILLION VEHICLES IN PERIOD TO MAY*◾5.9 per cent* rise in deliveries from January to May
◾816,500 units handed over in May / +6.9 per cent*
◾Group Board Member for Sales Christian Klingler: 'Development of Group brands is stable. Markets worldwide remain difficult and uneven.'
Wolfsburg, June 14, 2013: The Volkswagen Gro
- Smart Grids For A Smarter Future At TedglobalEDINBURGH, Scotland - While the Renault-Nissan Alliance concentrates on developing world-beating electric vehicles, we also work closely with companies like ABB that deliver the infrastructure needed to permit the rapid growth of sustainable personal mobility.
Like the Alliance, Swiss-base
- 458 Spider Receives Sport Auto Award For Best CabrioMaranello, 14th June 2013 – The readers of the prestigious German sports car magazine Sport Auto have crowned the 458 Spider Best Cabrio in the over €150,000 category in the 2013 Sport Auto Awards.
The 458 Spider continues the long tradition of Ferrari mid-engined V8 convertibles and is t
- 60,000 See Ferrari In JerusalemJerusalem, 13 June – Doing 200 km/h in front of 60,000 spectators made this a special day for Giancarlo Fisichella, who along with his Ferrari F60, were the stars of the first Jerusalem Peace Road Show, an event organised under the aegis of the Jerusalem City Council, supported by Kaspersky L
- CORN AND FUEL DON'T MIX: THE CASE AGAINST ETHANOLFed a steady diet of corn, a staggering number of vintage vehicles in the United States are now suffering from clogged arteries. The culprit? Ethanol.
The issue is straightforward. Countries around the world are supplementing their gasoline with biofuels, primarily ethanol. In the United States,
- Statement: Headlamp SoftwareJune 13, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group will recall approximately 1,200 heavy-duty pickup trucks to ensure their headlamps comply with regulations when in high-beam mode.
An internal investigation by Chrysler Group engineers discovered some vehicles were assembled with headla
- ALL4 CLIMBS THE WINNER'S PODIUM: SUCCESS FOR THE MINI COUNTRYMAN IN THE 2013 'OFF ROAD AWARD'.Munich. Irresistible design and unstoppable progress – the MINI Countryman is winning over fresh target groups and attracting increasing numbers of fans among potential buyers of all-wheel drive automobiles. The latest evidence of this is its outstanding performance in the 2013 'Off Road Awar
- The new BMW 4 Series Coupe.The new BMW 4 Series Coupe heralds the dawn of a new coupe era at BMW. Launched as the fourth generation of BMW's sporty mid-size Coupe, the new BMW 4 Series Coupe embodies the very essence of aesthetic appeal and dynamics in the premium segment. Its stylistic features carry the promise of a powerful presence on the road, stand-out dynamic ability and driving pleasure in abundance. Indeed, the new BMW 4 Series Coupe represents a paragon of balanced proportions and the final chapter in a story of development. The '4' in its title headlines this new era for the Coupe and emphasises not only its stand-alone design, but also an even greater technical differentiation from its BMW 3 Series cousins.
- Audi Aims For Twelfth Victory At Le MansOn June 22/23, Audi will be competing at the classic 24-hour race at Le Mans for the 15th time. On the 90th anniversary of the world's most important endurance race, the challenge is particularly great for the brand with the four rings, following the most recent changes in the regulations.
Le Mans 2013 will be a year of historic dimensions. The inaugural event of the endurance race was held 90 years ago. Audi is now competing for the 15th time. The current World Endurance Champions Marcel Fassler/André Lotterer/Benoît Tréluyer (CH/D/F) will enter the race in the number '1' Audi R18 e-tron quattro.
- Dick Gibson: 1957 Formula One SeasonIn the years prior to World War II, Brooklands would be considered the center of British motor racing. Following the end of the war it would be Silverstone that would become the new home. However, there would be one small town that would have as much to do with motor racing as either of the two more famous locations. This town would continue to produce racers and motorsports teams that would become the benchmark in British motor racing. This, of course, would spawn other generations of racers, one of those would be Dick Gibson.
Bourne, in Lincolnshire, is certainly a picturesque and tranquil town in the southern region of the East Midlands. Spotted with beautiful abbeys and gardens it is hard to conceive that such a location would become an important center for the loud activity of motor racing. However, that is exactly what would happen.
- Facel Vega HK500In the intervening years between the First and Second World Wars the influence of aviation and aerodynamics in particular was really beginning to have a noted affect on automobile design. Curved lines and lower profiles would come to be adopted by nearly every manufacturer. However, such influence would seem to stay on the outside of the car, that is, until the coming of Facel Vega.
It was only right that aviation and aerodynamics would play a part in Facel Vega's designs, inside and out, as the company would get its start in 1939 specializing creating components for both the aviation and the automobile industries. Not long after opening Facel would open a second plant devoted almost wholly to the manufacture of aircraft products. And so, before Germany would come sweeping through the French countryside, Facel would be producing as much as 50% for France's defense effort.
- Gilby Engineering: 1957 Formula One SeasonGilby Engineering's owner, Sid Greene, had made a huge investment in his racing interests. Purchasing a Maserati 250F in 1954, Gilby Engineering would go from small-time privateer to a consistent threat in the national and international stage. Unfortunately, that is about all the team had proven to be throughout its first three years. The fourth looked even more difficult.
The 1956 season had been a bitterly disappointing season. Roy Salvadori had campaigned well in the Maserati and enjoyed a number of great performances, but none of them turned into results.
- Historic Jaguar D-Type Leads Growing List of Significant Entries for RM's Monterey SaleIn what is shaping up as one of the finest selections of collector cars ever offered at auction, RM Auctions continues to secure spectacular automobiles to its flagship two-day sale in Monterey, California, August 16–17, during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week. With an influx of many of the world's finest and most significant cars being consigned to the sale, RM is delighted to announce it will offer a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, one of the world's most desirable sports racing cars, alongside an ever growing docket of blue-chip, collector-grade sports cars.
- Italian Racing Classics Lead Gooding & Company's 10th AnniversaryGooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, will be hosting the 10th Anniversary sale of the Pebble Beach Auctions on August 17 and 18. This year Gooding & Company offers an early preview of some of the most highly sought after and rapidly amassing value collectible – the distinguished Italian race car. Auction highlights include a 1948 Alfa Romeo 6C Competizione 2500 from the famed 'Sleeping Beauties' collection, a 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Long Nose Alloy in dazzling in Fly Yellow, and an extremely low mileage 1965 Ferrari 500 Superfast with only one owner since 1966. All three early consignments are a rarefied display of Italian design and racing ingenuity.
- Packard Model 30The Model 30 was produced from 1907 through 1912 and was the last Packard car to have right-hand drive and an engine of only four-cylinders. Packard produced 9,540 Model 30 automobiles. This Model 30 Phaeton has had only three owners since new.
- Historic Jaguar D-Type Leads Growing List of Significant Entries for RM's Monterey Sale• RM Auctions building towards a spectacular roster of cars for its flagship Monterey sale held during the famous Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week, August 16–17, in California
• Historic 1955 Jaguar D-Type leads a superb roster of the world's finest sports and racing cars poised for
- Italian Racing Classics Lead Gooding & Company's 10th AnniversarySANTA MONICA, Calif. (June 4, 2013) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, will be hosting the 10th Anniversary sale of the Pebble Beach Auctions on August 17 and 1
- Le Mans Racers Take On New Endurance ChallengeBritish racing drivers, Darren Turner and Peter Dumbreck, will leave behind the familiar surroundings of the Aston Martin Vantage GTE cockpit this August and hit the road on bicycles for a new endurance challenge, all in the name of charity.
The long-time friends will set off from Land's End on
- Audi Aims For Twelfth Victory At Le Mans- Three Audi R18 e-tron quattro cars at season's top event for sports cars
- Eleven Audi victories clinched at 24 Hours in France
- Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich: Challenge is particularly high this year
On June 22/23, Audi will be competing at the classic 24-hour race at Le Mans for the 15th time. On
- Motivated From Head To Toe – Volkswagen Ahead Of The Rally ItalyFull throttle into the second half of the season: when Volkswagen takes on the Rally Italy in Sardinia from 20th to 22nd June, it will be facing the most compact round of the 2013 FIA World Rally Championship. The three Volkswagen teams of Jari-Matti Latvala/Miikka Anttila (FIN/FIN), Sébastien Ogier
- Mecum Rolls Out The Red Carpet For 'Celebrity Cars' July 26-27, Santa Monica, CAFrom Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Steve McQueen, Bette Davis, 'The Green Hornet,' and Many More
Walworth, Wis. – June 10, 2013 – Mecum Auctions will be rolling out the red carpet for a fleet of celebrity cars and motorcycles at its inaugural Mecum Celebrity Items Auction: Celebrati
- McLAREN AND FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 COLLABORATION WILL GIVE COMPETITION WINNER THE RIDE OF A LIFETIMEMcLaren Automotive has teamed up with Xbox to offer one of the best seats of the summer at the 2013 Festival of Speed: the passenger seat of the McLaren P1™ while it makes its global dynamic debut at the world famous event.
One lucky competition winner will be given the chance to experience the famous Goodwood Hill course, and be part of the McLaren 50th anniversary celebrations as a passenger in the McLaren P1™. The competition is offered through a collaboration with Turn 10 Studios, a subsidiary of Microsoft Studios, and follows the recent announcement of the Xbox One console which saw the reveal of the McLaren P1™ as the cover star for the forthcoming Forza Motorsport® 5. Further details of the flagship motorsport title were then given at E3, the annual video game conference and show in Los Angeles earlier this week, by Dan Greenawalt, Creative Director for Turn 10 Studios.
- Meisenhelder 6-55Roy M. Meisenhelder's Sheet Metal, Auto and Body Works, based in York, PA, was in business from 1919 through 1924. They were primarily a coachbuilder and did body repairs. They produced four cars based on the Paige chassis. This is the only known example. A unique automobile featuring a roadster body, V-shaped custom radiator, unique built-in running lights, custom split windscreen, cast-alloy running boards with running board seats, three spare tires, rear mounted trunk and a host of unusual items that Roy cast himself. Those items included hubcaps, interior trim rims, lanterns and bumper brackets. Many of the original casting molds used still exist, and are displayed with the car. It was owned by a collector in York, PA, until the current owner purchased the car in 2008.
- Rare Bizzarrini To Be Offered at Russo and Steele's Monterey AuctionAs the engineer responsible for the design and development of some of the most successful and innovative racing and GT cars ever conceived, Giotto Bizzarrini remains one of the most revered names in motorsport history. Hailing from Livorno, Italy and eventually leaving Alfa Romeo for Ferrari where he began as a test driver and quickly rose to Chief Engineer, Bizzarrini collaborated with Carlo Chiti on the 250 Testa Rossa's V-12 engine and the 250 SWB, with his career at Ferrari culminating in Bizzarrini's radical re-engineering of the 250 SWB into the 250 GTO, which of course occupies the pinnacle of today's classic-car world.
- Audi At Le Mans: Engine Technology Forges Close Links To Production◾Fuel consumption of the TDI units reduced by more than 20 percent
◾Direct technology transfer between motorsport and products
◾Piston area output significantly increased
Ingolstadt, June 13, 2013 – One more week before the Le Mans 24 Hours celebrates its 90th anniversary. 15 years of en
- FISICHELLA IN JERUSALEM: 'A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE'Jerusalem, 13 June - 'A wonderful experience,' said Giancarlo Fisichella without hesitation, when describing his second trip to Jerusalem, after he had previously made a flying visit to the city back in March. The Italian driver is in Israel to take part in the first Jerusalem Peace Road Show
- A COMMUNITY THAT KNOWS NO BOUNDSMaranello, 12 June – Last weekend was an unforgettable one for Erica, Nat, Roberto and Christian, four great fans of Ferrari from Canada – Erica from Toronto, the others from Montreal. Thanks to joining the Scuderia's on-line community they found themselves attending the Canadian Grand Prix as guest
- 'THE SPORTIEST CARS OF 2013' - THREE BMW MODELS LEAD THE FIELDMunich. With the award of three first places in three different classes, the readers of the specialist German magazine 'Sport Auto' have returned their verdict and named three current BMW models as 'The sportiest cars of 2013', expressing once again their preference for pure driving pleasure.
- LEXUS PARTNERS WITH TONY HAWK FOUNDATION TO CREATE A FAN BASED DECAL FOR ITS ENTRY AT PIKES PEAK ON JUNE 30Colorado Springs, June 12---------Through June 20, Lexus and the Tony Hawk Foundation will be asking their fans and supporters to be part of a fan based decal that will be featured on the Lexus IS F CCS-R race car competing in Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. Fans will be able to enter t
- RANGE ROVER SPORT WILL BE THE OFFICIAL PACE CAR FOR THE 91ST PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMBColorado Springs, June 12-------- The new Range Rover Sport will be the Official Pace Car for the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on June 30.
Veteran driver Paul Dallenbach, who has won four Pikes Peak titles in 19 years on the mountain and entered this year in the Time Attack Division
- STATEMENT – FRONT AXLE ASSEMBLYJune 12, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group will recall approximately 6,900 heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. and Canada to prevent front axle damage.
Following reports that two trucks had sustained such damage, Chrysler Group engineers launched an investigation and discovered some trucks w
- STATEMENT – TAIL LAMP WARNING LIGHTJune 12, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group will recall approximately 30,000 trucks to restore tail-lamp warning function.
If a tail-lamp is not functioning properly, the trucks are designed to alert drivers with an instrument-panel warning light. Chrysler Group dealers will perf
- Volkswagen Passenger Cars Brand Delivers 2.41 Million Vehicles In Period To May5.3 percent increase in January – May deliveries 503,100 vehicles handed over in May / +5.5 percent
Wolfsburg, Germany - The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand delivered 2.41 (January – May 2012: 2.29; +5.3 percent) million vehicles in the first five months of this year. The brand g
- 2014 Versa Note On Sale With $13,990 Starting PriceNASHVILLE, Tenn. - The 2014 Nissan Versa Note, which goes on sale this month at Nissan dealers nationwide, is more than just the fourth all-new product to appear in Nissan showrooms in recent months - following the redesigns of Altima, Pathfinder and Sentra. It is also the dynamic next-genera
- McLAREN AND FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 COLLABORATION WILL GIVE COMPETITION WINNER THE RIDE OF A LIFETIME◾Money can't buy opportunity to ride in the groundbreaking McLaren P1™ as it speeds up the world-famous Goodwood Hill during its global dynamic debut at the Festival of Speed
◾A preview of the McLaren P1™ in Forza Motorsport® 5 can be viewed here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=r46D1lRpO1k
- Piquet Jr. Returns To Road America Looking To Capture The Magic Once AgainELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 12, 2013 - Nelson Piquet Jr. will be making his return to Road America June 22, looking to capture back-to-back wins at the famed 4-mile, 14-turn road course. During last season's shootout, Piquet Jr. won the pole, then went on to lead a total of 19 laps to become the
- The Originial Wailers Perform at Red Bull U.S. Grand PrixReggae Band a Highlight of Off-Track Events at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
MONTEREY, Calif., June 12, 2013 – The roaring sounds of motorcycle engines will meet the soothing sounds of the Caribbean this year, as race fans attending the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna S
- Lexus Returns To Salon Privé With A Celebration Of Its Full Hybrid Model RangeSalon Privé 2013 - 4th to 6th September
Syon Park, London, 13 June 2013 – Lexus will return to Salon Privé this summer to showcase its industry-leading range of full hybrid models. Its collection will have a special focus on the F Sport versions of its cars, which combine sportier s
- Performance to LightweightLotus adopts the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy scheme to Work Out at Work and is supported by TEAM GB Olympic medal winner Anthony Ogogo
Together with Team GB Olympic medal winner Anthony Ogogo, Lotus staff took to the Hethel test track in a bid to improve their fitness, thanks to a n
- ROLLS-ROYCE MOTOR CARS AND ‘HISTORY PIN' PRESENT 100 YEARS OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORYRolls-Royce Motor Cars proudly presents enthusiasts with an extraordinary way of engaging with the 2013 Centenary Alpine Trial.
Using pioneering technology and online historic imagery, 'History Pin' enables enthusiasts to view images from the original 1913 Alpenfahrt, juxtaposed against pictures
- Lexus IS Launch Spots Encourage Consumers to Blend OutEmotion and Bold Design Engineered into Every Curve
TORRANCE, Calif. (June 13, 2013) — To launch the entirely new 2014 Lexus IS sport sedan, the automaker today debuts three new television spots comprised of iconic, stylized visuals designed to be provocative. The strikingly differe
- Audi announces 2014 Model Year vehicles and pricing• Audi momentum continues with multiple new and freshened models for the 2014 Model Year
• The introduction of the Audi RS 7, SQ5,expansion of the R8 model line, and the addition of four new TDI® clean diesel models highlights a robust choice of new product offerings
Audi today announced its com
- ALL-NEW CTS SEDAN ASCENDS INTO MIDSIZE LUXURY SEGMENTDETROIT – When the all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan arrives in dealerships this fall, it will offer more interior space, power and technology with more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model.
Inside and out, the third-generation CTS sedan grows, ascending into the hea
- INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS TURN VOLVO XC60 INTO A WORK OF ART AT VOLVO ART SESSIONFor the third consecutive year, Volvo Car Switzerland organised the Volvo Art Session at the central train station in Zurich, Switzerland. Over the weekend of June 7-9, both emerging and established artists took part by giving a 2014 Volvo XC60 a completely new look. The final artistic results can n
- ELECTRIFYING LE MANS! ALL WILL BE REVEALED JUNE 21 ON NISMO.TVLE MANS, France - Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn announced in February that Nissan would return to Le Mans in 2014 in Garage 56 with a car that focused on innovation and excitement. On June 21, Nissan will reveal its 2014 Garage 56 entry and its hopes for an LMP1 future.
The new car unveil is only a wee
- CHRYSLER GROUP LLC'S SRT (STREET & RACING TECHNOLOGY) BRAND DEBUTS FIRST-EVER ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN◾'Body and Soul' Debuts in June with .30-, .60- and .90-second spots across Cable
◾A Special 2:15 Extended Version of 'Body and Soul' Will Be Revealed on YouTube.com/driveSRT Starting on Friday, June 14th
◾Campaign Celebrates the Relationship between the 'Maker and the Machine'
June 13, 2013
- BRCC ENDURANCE – EURO RACE VANTAGE'S 2ND CONSECUTIVE WINThe 3rd race for the BRCC at Spa-Francorchamps during the Spa Euro Race saw an eventful race, full of position changes and some intense battles till the very end.
The sun shone until the start of the 180' endurance, and then the Ardennes' clouds opened up for the traditional intense Belgian showe
- Edmunds.Com Report Sheds New Light On Car Shopping Trends And BehaviorsSANTA MONICA, Calif. — June 13, 2013 — Car buyers spent an average of $30,803 on new car purchases last year – an all-time high, according to Edmunds.com, the premier resource for car shopping and automotive information. Edmunds.com also found that an average of $2,200 – or about 7 percent ab
- The New 2014 Porsche LMP1 Le Mans RacerThe new Porsche LMP1 sports prototype, which will compete in the sports car World Endurance Championship (WEC) and in the 24 Hours of Le Mans from 2014, successfully completed its first rollout today on the Porsche test track in Weissach. Before the eyes of the entire Board of Porsche AG, Porsche works driver Timo Bernhard took his new 'wheels' through its initial function check.
The LMP1 racer turned its first laps on the circuit several weeks earlier than originally planned. 'We are well on schedule,' says Fritz Enzinger, Head of LMP1. 'Our newly formed team has worked with utmost concentration on getting this highly complex vehicle on the track as soon as possible. This allows us a few additional weeks for more testing and further development. From 2014, the regulations are primarily based on efficiency. This makes the competition amongst engineers more interesting and presents us with completely new challenges.'
- 50 ANNI DI PASSIONE FERRARI CLUB OF AMERICA RETURNS TO ROAD AMERICA FOR 50th ANNIVERSARYELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 11, 2013 - This summer the Ferrari Club of America is returning to Elkhart Lake, Wis., and Road America to celebrate its 50th Anniversary with a special International Meet. From July 30 to August 4 the club will honor its heritage as the oldest recognized and, by mag
- BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT3 PROJECT POWERS AHEAD• First Bentley racer for a decade almost track ready
• Bentley's 4.0-litre V8 engine powers the new GT3
• Essence of iconic Continental GT taken to the extreme
(Crewe, 12th June 2013) Since the world debut of Bentley's GT3 Concept Racer at the Paris Auto Salon in September 2012, a dedic
- 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Named an Automotive Science Group (ASG) 'Best 5 All-Around Performance' HonoreeCypress, California, June 12, 2013 – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is proud to announce its popular 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander crossover model has been named as a 'Best 5 All-Around Performance' recipient from the Automotive Science Group (ASG) in the Mid-Size SUV category.
- Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel Delivers Classic Muscle Car TorqueFuel-efficient compact sedan delivers bursts of 'overboost' acceleration on demand
DETROIT – Imagine quick off-the-line acceleration reminiscent of a classic muscle car combined with the efficiency of a fuel-sipping compact sedan. Dream on? Believe it. The all-new 2014 Chevrolet Cru
- Nissan Named A Top Global Green Brand For 2013◾Nissan stands out as the 'top riser' in Interbrand's 3rd annual Best Global Green Brands report
◾Nissan ranked fifth, rising 16 places from last year and reaching the top ten for the first time
YOKOHAMA, Japan - Nissan has been named one of the world's greenest brands for 2013 in Interbr
- 2014 Ford Fiesta Earns Best-In-Class 41 Mpg On The Highway◾2014 Ford Fiesta achieves best-in-class highway fuel economy
◾Ford Fiesta becomes only car in subcompact class to return more than 40 mpg on the highway
◾Ford Fiesta Super Fuel Economy package combines aerodynamics and a patented PowerShift six-speed automatic transmission
- New York City Taxi Drivers And Fleet Owners Weigh-In On Final Taxi Of Tomorrow PrototypeNEW YORK - New York City's Taxi of Tomorrow vision is about to be realized in just a few months. Later this fall, the all-new and completely redesigned taxis are due on the city's streets.
This comes just two years after global car maker Nissan won a bid to redesign and supply the New York
- KIA MOTORS AMERICA RECEIVES CALIFORNIA EXCELLENCE AWARD FROM SMALL BUSINESS INSTITUTE FOR EXCELLENCE IN COMMERCEAward Recognizes Kia's Commitment to Customers and Community
◾SBIEC California Excellence Award recipients determined by panel of industry executives and consultants
◾Kia recognized for upholding business ethics and core company values
IRVINE, Calif., June 12, 2013 - Kia Motors Am
- CLEAN DIESEL TO BE HIGHLIGHTED AT THE 16TH ANNUAL CONGRESSIONAL RENEWABLE ENERGY & ENERGY EFFICIENCY EXPO + FORUMWashington, D.C. – The role of advanced diesel technology and biodiesel as energy efficient technology and a renewable energy source will be highlighted on June 12 at the 16th annual Congressional Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency EXPO + Forum on Capitol Hill.
The Diesel Tec
- SIRIUS XM SURPASSES 10,000 AUTO DEALERS PARTICIPATING IN ITS PRE-OWNED VEHICLE PROGRAMDealer Pre-enrollment for New Service Lane Program Now Open
NEW YORK, June 12, 2013 - Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that it has surpassed 10,000 franchise and independent auto dealers across the country participating in the SiriusXM Pre-Owned Vehicle Program and e
- CHICAGO NAMED TOP THRILL-SEEKING CITY IN THE INAUGURAL BFGOODRICH® TIRES ADRENALINE INDEXOver half of Chicagoans say they look for adventure; Miami heads list of biggest spenders
GREENVILLE, S.C., June 12, 2013 - Move aside Denver and Phoenix, it seems Chicagoans are the biggest thrill-seekers in the country, according to the new BFGoodrich® Tires Adrenaline Index. The
- BORGWARNER TURBOCHARGER POWERS NEW HYUNDAI 1.6-LITER TURBO-GDI ENGINEBorgWarner's Twin Scroll Turbocharging Technology Improves Performance and Fuel Economy for Hyundai's New GDI Engine Featured in the 2013 Veloster Turbo
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 12, 2013 - BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) supplies its leading turbocharging technology for Hyundai's new 1.6-
- KIA MOTORS ENTERS INTERBRAND'S LIST OF 50 BEST GLOBAL GREEN BRANDS 2013◾Kia debuts in 37th place on annual Interbrand study of green brands
◾Interbrand assesses both market perception and environmental performance
◾Kia also recently named in Interbrand's 100 Best Global Brands 2012
(SEOUL) June 12, 2013 – Kia Motors has been named 37th in Interbrand's list
- Cars.Com Lists The Top Ten Best Base ModelsCHICAGO, June 12, 2013 - Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, today released a list of its editors' picks for top ten base models. The list includes cars that have a lot to offer drivers, even at the base model level.
'Just because you might not b
- THINK YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT DISTRACTED DRIVING? THINK AGAIN, SAYS AAANew research reveals that voice-activated in-car technologies dangerously undermine driver attention
WASHINGTON, DC, June 12, 2013 - Hands-free technologies might make it easier for motorists to text, talk on the phone, or even use Facebook while they drive, but new findings from
- HONDA INDYCAR MESSAGE POINTS FOR THE MILWAUKEE MILEHonda has a long record of success at The Milwaukee Mile, the oldest racing facility in North America. Honda-powered drivers and teams have won nine times in 17 races since the company entered Indy car competition in 1994, more than any other manufacturer.
◾Dario Franchitti is Honda's most succes
- Bmw 3 Series Coupe Earns Best Retained Value® For $35K-$45K Coupes According To Edmunds.Com.Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – June 11, 2013 … The BMW 3 Series Coupe has again earned the Edmunds.com Best Retained Value® award for the $35K-$45K Coupe category. Edmunds determined each model's competitive segment based on body type and sales-weighted average manufacturer suggested retail price of
- OREGON STUDENTS TAKE TOP PRIZE IN FORD/AAA AUTO SKILLS COMPETITIONDEARBORN, Mich., June 11, 2013 – America's top young automotive minds were on display today in Dearborn, as two-student teams representing all 50 states engaged in a race against the clock – and one another – in an effort earn the title National Champion at the 64th annual Ford/AAA Student Au
- JEEP, ACURA CAPTURE EDMUNDS.COM'S 2013 BEST RETAINED VALUE AWARDSSANTA MONICA, Calif. — June 11, 2013 — Jeepand Acura took home the top prizes in Edmunds.com's third annual Best Retained Value® Awards, which recognize the brands and new car models that have the highest projected residual values after five years based on their average True Market Value® (TM
- FORD MYKEY, NOW ON 6 MILLION VEHICLES, HELPS PARENTS KEEP TEENS SAFE THIS SUMMER◾MyKey® technology – now in 6 million Ford and Lincoln vehicles on the road nationwide – is there when parents can't be in the car with their teens this summer
◾Ford's MyKey technology encourages teenagers to wear their seat belts, keep the radio volume down, watch their speed and pay attention to
- NISSAN SENTRA NAMED 'BEST COMPACT CAR' IN 2013 AUTOPACIFIC VEHICLE SATISFACTION AWARDSNASHVILLE, Tenn. – The newly redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra was named Best-In-Class Compact Car in AutoPacific's 17th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA), topping a list of 15 other vehicles.
An industry benchmark for measuring how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle, AutoPa
- Classic Showdown On Sunset BoulevardThe dazzling new Piper Heidsieck International Trophy for Classic GT Cars in association with Chopard race at this summer's Silverstone Classic (26-28 July) has attracted an exceptional entry featuring many of the world's finest pre-1966 GT cars.
More than 80 entries were received for the special one-hour, two-driver showdown that will be staged at dusk on Saturday evening with a selection committee inviting a capacity grid of 58 starters (plus six reserves) on grounds of authenticity, competitiveness and variety.
- Foust, Sandell Take Victories In Finland, SwedenGlobal Rallycross drivers don't always get a chance to test their cars in race situations over the course of the season. But this past weekend, half a dozen of the sport's best and brightest were able to do just that, visiting two European countries and taking victories in both races.
The Kouvola circuit in Finland played host to five GRC drivers, as European championship full-timers Liam Doran and Anton Marklund welcomed the OlsbergsMSE entries of Tanner Foust, Toomas Heikkinen, and Brian Deegan to a 27-car lineup. For Heikkinen, it was his first European race since 2011, while Deegan was making his European debut. Foust, meanwhile, would go for his second European race victory in two starts, after having won at Lydden Hill in England two months ago.
- Mecum Auctions Rolls Out The Red Carpet For 'Celebrity Cars'Mecum Auctions will be rolling out the red carpet for a fleet of celebrity cars and motorcycles at its inaugural Mecum Celebrity Items Auction: Celebrating the Legendary History of Hollywood at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA July 26-27, 2013.
Steve McQueen's 1969 Chevrolet C/10 Baja Truck (Lot F239) will go under the hammer for the first time ever. It was designed by off-road motoring visionary Vic Hickey and sold to McQueen in 1970. With just over 14,000 original miles, the truck still sports the original red paint, parts and Hickey racing customizations. Several other McQueen related items are scheduled to cross the block including a 1931 Harley Davidson VL 74 motorcycle (Lot S275) formerly owned by the classic American Legend.
- Pupulidy Racing SpecialThe Porsche automobile provided an excellent platform for builders to create some very effective Racing Specials. On the West Coast Ken Miles built his 'Pooper' which was a modified Cooper Formula III car with 356 mechanical parts. When the factory went racing with their own new Sports Racing Spyder, they had trouble keeping up with the Pooper.
On the other side of the US was another famous Porsche racing special, 'The Pup.' It was built by Emil Pupulidy, how had grown up on Long Island, new York. During the 1950s, he built P47 fighter planes for Republic Aviator. During his spare time, he raced motorcycles and cars.
- The VUHL 05Following the global announcement from VŪHL Automotive in March, confirming it is embarking on the launch of an all-new road-legal lightweight supercar – the VŪHL 05 – the company today releases an exclusive new image of the car being tested at a secret location.
In addition, VŪHL Automotive is proud to confirm that it has entered into a technical support arrangement with Michelin, and will be supported by the renowned tyre brand for the VŪHL 05 global public debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, from 11-14 July 2013.
- CLASSIC SHOWDOWN ON SUNSET BOULEVARD◾Spectacular dusk race for classic GT racing cars
◾AC Cobras v E-types v Porsche 911s
◾Glittering full 58-car grid selected from oversubscribed entry
The dazzling new Piper Heidsieck International Trophy for Classic GT Cars in association with Chopard race at this summer's Silverstone Classic (
- Honda Yuasa Racing Battles On At Oulton ParkHonda Yuasa Racing maintained its lead in all the major Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship standings despite a trying event at Oulton Park last weekend.
The Honda Civics of Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden again handled well around the Cheshire track, but success ballast from previous rounds
- Giddings Quickest In Pre-Event Oulton Park TestingFinesse Motorsport's Jake Giddings (Wisbech) produced a star performance during Renault UK Clio Cup testing at Cheshire's Oulton Park Island Circuit today, Friday, 7th June, to top the timesheets by a very impressive 0.3 second margin.
The 18-year-old, who is equal seventh in the championship sta
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Celebrates Opening Of New Showroom In St. PetersburgRolls-Royce Motor Cars St. Petersburg today celebrated the opening of its new showroom in the famous city. The dealership, located at the Astoria Hotel in the fashionable centre of one of the European cultural capitals, will be directed by Tatiana Fitzgerald who is also the Managing Director of Roll
- Car Guy Nation Aston Martin Raises $2,000 For Breast Cancer Research(White Plains, New York) June 11, 2013: Even racecars need some time off. The Car Guy Nation Aston Martin Vantage GT4 spent last weekend at the Vigneto Rally (www.vignetorally.com) and managed to rustle up a hefty donation for breast cancer research. Limited to 200 people, this exotic car
- Simply Alfa Romeo - Sunday 30Th June 2013On Sunday 30th June, Beaulieu will be welcoming vehicles from one of the most stylish marques in the motoring world, Alfa Romeo, into the grounds of the National Motor Museum to create a stunning display for visitors to admire in the attraction's first ever Simply Alfa Romeo event.
All owners of
- Early Austin 16-6 Harrow Just One Of The Rarities In Anglia Car Auctions' Classic SaleA 1932 Austin 16/6 Harrow two-seater tourer is just one of the motoring rarities going under the hammer at Anglia Car Auctions' next sale, held at it's King's Lynn head office on Saturday 22nd June.
Towering above its Seven siblings, the big six-cylinder Austin was a move into the more upmarket s
- Global Rallycross Confirms 2013 Schedule Featuring International ExpansionLos Angeles, Calif. (June 11, 2013) – Global Rallycross (GRC) confirms its 2013 schedule will total nine rounds including races on three different continents in conjunction with Global X Games events in Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil), Barcelona (Spain) and Munich (Germany).
As one of the fastest g
- Second Rallycross Race Added To X Games MunichA second medal race has been added to the X Games Munich competition schedule on June 29th. The race will serve as Round 2 of the Global Rallycross (GRC) season, replacing last month's rain cancelled event in Barcelona.
Round 3 will be contested on the same circuit on June 30th and each event wil
- Successful Fiat 500 By Gucci Edition Returns To America◾Successful Fiat 500 and 500c (Cabrio) by Gucci Edition back by customer demand
◾Gucci Edition models available for a limited time in North America
◾Arriving to FIAT studios in June with a starting price of $23,750
June 11, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Fiat 500 and 500c by Gucci Edit
- Montezemolo Inaugurates The New Museo FerrariMaranello, 11 June – This morning President Luca di Montezemolo officially inaugurated the new Museo Ferrari in Maranello. The building, extended by over a thousand square metres and completely renovated in terms of its fittings and layout, hosts the permanent exhibition of the most significa
- The New Museo Ferrari: Record NumbersMaranello, 11 June – An outright record in visitor numbers in May – 37,800, an increase in size of over a thousand square metres and three amazing cars, the stars of a show dedicated to Ferrari in the cinema. These are the numbers for the new Museo Ferrari, officially opened this morning in M
- Quattro Silhouettes: Audi At Design Miami/Basel- Scenographer Tim John exhibits his quattro installation
- quattro the legend and quattro the legacy, united as silhouettes
- Audi has been automotive sponsor of this renowned design show since 2006
At Design Miami/Basel held from June 11 to 16, Audi will showcase an installation by Tim John
- GM, BMW COMPLETE TESTING ON DC FAST CHARGE STATION USEWARREN, Mich. – Following several days of joint testing, General Motors and BMW AG engineers are confident that DC 'Combo' Fast Charge stations from several suppliers will consistently allow an electric vehicle to take on an 80 percent charge in about 20 minutes.
The first electric vehicle
- Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Chrysler Town & Country And Dodge Challenger Win Autopacific 2013 Best-In-ClassJune 11, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The automotive research group AutoPacific has for the third year in a row named the Jeep® Grand Cherokee Best-In-Class Mid-Size SUV in its 17th-annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA).
In addition, for the second time in the last three years, AutoPac
- Three Weeks To Make A Step ForwardMaranello, 11 June – Scuderia Ferrari headed home to Maranello yesterday after the demanding trip to the Canadian Grand Prix ended with a second place for Fernando Alonso and an eighth for Felipe Massa. There are now three weeks to go before the next round on 30 June at Silverstone and they w
- BMW CONNECTEDDRIVE WINS 2013 TELEMATICS UPDATE AWARDBMW recognized for 'Best Safety & Security Solution' with move to make BMW AssistTM eCall and Teleservice standard on nearly all 2014 models with 10 Years of service included
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 11, 2013… BMW won for 'Best Safety & Security Solution' at the 2013 Telematics U
- Spark Racing Technology Announces Partnership With Williams Advanced EngineeringSpark Racing Technology announces partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering to power FIA Formula E Championship
PARIS (11 June, 2013) - Spark Racing Technology (SPARK) today confirmed a prestigious new partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering to design and assemble the ba
- Goodyear Offers Answer To Drivers In High-Growth Performance Tire SegmentAKRON, Ohio, June 10, 2013 - The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT), which has long provided innovative products for sports car and motorsports enthusiasts, has introduced its newest performer, the Eagle Sport All-Season. Initial sizes of the new Eagle tire are available at thousands
- Veteran Las Vegas Racer Dean, Second-Seat Specialist Walch Featured Guests On Tuesday'S Dirt Livehd Internet BroadcastTuesday's Dirt LiveHD one hour show airs at 7 p.m. PDT at www.score-international.com,
SAN DIEGO—Moving to a remote broadcast location at Las Vegas' Terrible Herbst headquarters for two weeks, special guests during this Tuesday's airing of Roger Norman's Dirt LiveHD weekly Internet broadca
- Sebastian Vettel Switches Race Track For Tech Lab In His Role As Infiniti's Director Of Performance◾Fresh from the Canadian GP, Infiniti Director of Performance, Sebastian Vettel, visits tech labs at Infiniti's North American development center in Farmington Hills, Michigan
◾Vettel deep-dives into key road car technologies, including acoustic engineering, in-car audio, noise and vibration and 'H
- Ford Mustang Adds To Nearly 3,000 Credits With Leading Hero Car Role In Upcoming ‘Need For Speed' Movie◾A one-of-a-kind, customized Ford Mustang plays a prominent role in the upcoming film from DreamWorks Studios, 'Need for Speed,' based on the long-running video game series
◾Mustang fans have crowd-sourced a list of about 3,000 Ford Mustang appearances on the large and small screen over nearly five
- Foust, Sandell Take Victories In Finland, SwedenGlobal Rallycross drivers don't always get a chance to test their cars in race situations over the course of the season. But this past weekend, half a dozen of the sport's best and brightest were able to do just that, visiting two European countries and taking victories in both races.
- 2013 Kia Optima And Sportage Earn Autopacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards◾17th annual AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards identifies most satisfying cars in the market and helps consumers make informed purchase decisions
◾Survey measured responses from more than 52,000 new-vehicle owners
IRVINE, Calif., June 10, 2013 – Two of Kia Motors America's (KMA) mos
- Lingenfelter Collection Garage Crawl To Take Place Saturday, June 15 During 26Th Annual Eyeson DesignBRIGHTON, Mich. - Ken Lingenfelter, owner of Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, will open the doors of his famed Lingenfelter Collection by hosting a Garage Crawl during the 26th Annual EyesOn Design week of activities. All proceeds from EyesOn Design events, this year themed 'Revolution
- Victory For Tanner Foust In Finland American Rockstar Energy Drink Driver Takes Second Win Of 2013KOUVOLA, Finland (June 10, 2013) -- Tanner Foust earned another European Rallyross Championship win this weekend in Finland, to make it two victories in two championship starts this year.
It was a come-from-behind performance for Foust, who started the Rockstar Energy Drink Ford Fiesta ST
- Chevrolet Signs With United States Soccer FederationSEATTLE – Chevrolet and the United States Soccer Federation announced a three-year sponsorship deal today that makes Chevrolet the Official Partner of U.S. Soccer and helps the brand leverage the sport's surging popularity in the U.S., where a soccer player lives in 30 percent of households.
- Mecum Auctions Rolls Out The Red Carpet For 'Celebrity Cars' July 26-27 At The Barker Hangar In Santa Monica, CaLos Angeles, CA - June 10, 2013 - Mecum Auctions will be rolling out the red carpet for a fleet of celebrity cars and motorcycles at its inaugural Mecum Celebrity Items Auction: Celebrating the Legendary History of Hollywood at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, CA July 26-27, 2013. View an u
- A POSITIVE START TO PIKES PEAK PRACTICEDuring the morning briefs ahead of the first official practice runs, the Race Director invited the drivers to take extra care, since water from melting roadside snow had frozen overnight. Indeed, Pikes Peak's craggy profile culminates at an altitude of 4,301 metres, and this part of Colorado is genuine mountain country. And, as any experienced climber will tell you, big mountains are places where Man is not in charge. They call for humility, patience and hard work. Before making a strike for the summit and – why not? – taking the top prize on June 30, it is therefore vital not to rush things. Anyone who fails to take the challenge one step at a time runs the risk of suffering a bad bout of altitude sickness.
- ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995Available to consumers in the third quarter of this year, the all-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee will be offered at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 (plus $995 destination). Jeep Cherokee's starting price is hundreds of dollars less than the outgoing Jeep Liberty model, while offering more fuel economy, more advanced safety and technology features, even more class-leading 4x4 capability, a modern and progressive new design, and significantly improved everyday on-road ride and handling.
- New Acura TL Special Edition Debuts with Key Feature UpgradesThe new 2013 Acura TL Special Edition is now on sale with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $37,405. Joining the TL line as a mid-2013 model, the TL Special Edition offers a step up from the standard TL, with the addition of highly desirable feature upgrades, creating an incredible value in the luxury four-door sedan segment.
The front-wheel-drive TL Special Edition features distinctive 10-spoke, 18-inch alloy wheels, a color-matched deck lid spoiler and trunk-mounted Special Edition badging. Standard keyless access with pushbutton start adds convenience and ease of use. The TL Special Edition is available in four exterior colors: Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Silver Moon Metallic. All exterior colors are matched with a leather-appointed Ebony interior with contrast stitching.
- Vettel Masters MontrealSebastian Vettel drove a superbly controlled race in Montreal to claim his first Canadian Grand Prix victory, finishing over 14 seconds clear of nearest challenger Fernando Alonso of Ferrari. Lewis Hamilton finished in third place for Mercedes, followed by Mark Webber.
The top step at the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve has always eluded Sebastian and prior to this afternoon the closest he had come in four attempts was second place in 2011.
- Rocky MountaineersDespite a tough race in Montreal much loved Lotus Grizzly Kimi Raikkönen set to snatch Schumacher's Consecutive Points Win Record at Silverstone
The Canadian Grand Prix, the seventh round of the FIA 2013 Formula One® World Championship competition proved to be a thorny climb for the Lotu
- SCCA JUNE SPRINTS RETURN TO ROAD AMERICALOCAL RACERS ARE NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY AS THE WEATHERTECH® CHICAGO REGION SCCA JUNE SPRINTS® RETURN TO ROAD AMERICA
ELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 10, 2013 - The tradition for many local SCCA racers around this time of year is something like this, they leave their job early on a Fri
- DUTCH SUPERCAR MAKER VENCER TO REVEAL STUNNING ‘SARTHE' AT SALON PRIVÉ 2013Salon Privé 2013: from Wednesday to Friday the 4th to 6th September
Syon Park, London, 10 June 2013 – Salon Privé confirms Dutch super car manufacturer Vencer will reveal the Sarthe to the UK for the first time in the stunning grounds of Syon House.
Vencer was established in
- 2013 Canadian Grand Prix - RaceLewis Hamilton finished on the podium today at the Canadian Grand Prix with team-mate Nico Rosberg taking fifth place.
• Lewis scored his third podium finish in seven races with the team, finishing in third position
• He completed a two-stop strategy with stops on laps 19 and 48, running option/pr
- Mercedes-Benz continues on growth course in MayStuttgart – Mercedes-Benz again grew its unit sales in May with vehicle deliveries to customers that are unprecedented for the month of May (121,360 units, +7.3%). The Stuttgart based manufacturer also posted a new sales record for the period since the beginning of the year with 562,824 units
- ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features
◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S.
- AUDI ANNOUNCES PRICING AND FUEL ECONOMY FOR 2014 AUDI A6, A7 AND Q5 TDI® CLEAN DIESEL VEHICLES• Audi expands TDI lineup with 2014 Audi A6, A7 and Q5 TDI models
• New TDI clean diesel models join the newly-introduced A8 L TDI, and highly-successful Q7 TDI
Audi today announced pricing and fuel economy figures for the 2014 A6, A7 and Q5 TDI® models, expected to begin arriving at U.S. dealer
- All-New 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Soars to New Heights with Discovery Channel's SKYWIRE LIVE With Nik Wallenda SweepstakesMitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) announces today its role as exclusive presenting automotive sponsor for the live broadcast of SKYWIRE LIVE with Nik Wallenda airing live at 8:00 pm Eastern/5:00 pm Pacific, Sunday, June 23, 2013 on the Discovery Channel.
This dramatic live television s
- A GOOD DAY FOR THE ALPINE A450 AND NELSON PANCIATICI!The Test Day was the occasion when Nelson Panciatici, long time holder of the best time in LMP2, finally finished second at the wheel of his Alpine A450! The track remained damp for a good part of the day but the Signatech-Alpine team still managed to test all the important items on their program
- All-New 2014 Kia Forte Sedan Puts Online Gamers' Skills To The Test In New Facebook Game◾'Kia Forte Techathlete Games' available prizes1include Xbox Kinect®, Go-Pro® camera, Nike+ FuelBand and Beats™ by Dre headphones
◾Tech-savvy players use their computer webcam, mouse, keyboard, microphone and smartphone in a series of interactive games
IRVINE, Calif., June 10, 2013 – The
- INFINITI QX56 TAKES TOP HONORS IN AUTOPACIFIC VEHICLE SATISFACTION AWARDSNashville, Tenn. – Infiniti is proud to announce that its full-size luxury SUV, the QX56, took top class honors in AutoPacific's annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA) in the Luxury/Large SUV Segment.
The AutoPacific VSAs are different from other automotive awards that rely solely on sub
- A POSITIVE START TO PIKES PEAK PRACTICEDuring the morning briefs ahead of the first official practice runs, the Race Director invited the drivers to take extra care, since water from melting roadside snow had frozen overnight. Indeed, Pikes Peak's craggy profile culminates at an altitude of 4,301 metres, and this part of Colorado is genu
- Jaguar Land Rover Celebrates The 60Th Anniversary Of The Queen's Coronation◾Land Rover is the official motor partner for the Royal Preview of the Coronation Festival on Thursday July 11
◾The Festival is a four-day celebration of innovation, excellence and industry, held in the Gardens of Buckingham Palace, July 11- 14
◾Jaguar Land Rover is the only automotive manufacture
- SRT Motorsports - 24 Hours Of Le Mans Test Day RecapJune 9, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The SRT® Viper GTS-R made its return to Le Mans with a successful test day Sunday at Circuit de la Sarthe in preparation for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The eight-hour full field test was broken down into a pair of four-hour timed sessions that included ma
- Serge Ibaka Chooses A Maserati Quattroporte Gts During His Stay In SpainBarcelona, June 2013. Serge Ibaka, a key member of the Spanish National Basketball Team, and the Oklahoma City Thunder of the NBA, has just landed in Barcelona. He is in Spain to attend some professional commitments and to enjoy a well-deserved holiday after his extraordinary NBA season and b
- Volvo Car Group Announces May Retail Sales: Sales Growth In The Top Three MarketsVolvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) reports global retail sales of 35,660 cars for the month of May. For the first five months of 2013 retail sales were down 6.2 per cent. All the top three markets - USA, Sweden and China - gained sales during May versus last year.
The United States was Volvo Cars' numb
- FIRESTONE 550K RACE REPORTCircuit: Texas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval) Fort Worth, TX
2012 Winner: Justin Wilson (Dale Coyne Racing Honda) 157.217 mph average
Weather: Clear, warm, 83 degrees F
Franchitti Leads Honda Finishers in Texas
On a night when tire management and consistent handling were the keys to s
- Statement: RecalibrationJune 10, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group will recall approximately 14,800 cars to recalibrate their powertrain control modules.
Internal testing discovered a car that stalled moments after startup. The incident occurred when the vehicle was brought to a stop after driving a sh
- GM TAKES NEXT STEP TO SIMPLIFY, ENHANCE BUSINESSDETROIT – General Motors today announced an all-new Global Business Services group that will streamline back-office processes to improve service quality, reduce complexity and achieve cost efficiencies. Diana Tremblay is named Global Business Services vice president and will report to Dan Amm
- TMC to Exhibit Sporty Family-oriented Concept at Tokyo Toy ShowTOYOTA CITY, Japan (June 10, 2013) — Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) is to display a sporty, open-top family-oriented concept in the Kids Life Zone at the International Tokyo Toy Show 2013, which runs from June 13 through June 16at Tokyo Big Sight in Koto Ward, Tokyo.
The concept, called
- CANADIAN GP – A SUNDAY THAT BECAME SADMaranello, 10 June – Monza in 2000, Melbourne in 2001 and now Montreal. In the final phase of yesterday's Canadian Grand Prix a marshal suffered fatal injuries after being run over by a crane that was removing Gutierrez's Sauber. 'There can be no reason to celebrate,' tweeted a sad Alonso whe
- Chrysler Group Shows Its 'Colors' During Motor City Pride◾Chrysler Group supports annual festival through sponsorship and various activities
◾Company employees take active role showcasing products in a fun and engaging display
◾Company cites its longstanding support of LGBT employees, communities and issues
June 9, 2013 , Detroit - Chrysler Gr
- Dreamworks Studios And Ford Announce Partnership For Film Adaptation Of Electronic Arts' ‘Need For Speed' Video GameLOS ANGELES, June 10, 2013 – Today, DreamWorks Studios' Stacey Snider, Partner and Co-Chair, and Ford Motor Company's Jim Farley, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing, Sales and Service, are pleased to announce an exclusive partnership for the feature film 'Need for Speed,' which will i
- FIAT BRAND WINS 'BEST SMALL CONVERTIBLE' AT SAMA CONVERTIBLE AWARDS FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEARJune 7, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio was recognized as the 'Best Small Convertible' during the third annual 'Topless in Miami' Convertible Awards on Thursday, June 6, by the Southern Automotive Media Association (SAMA). It is the third time that the FIAT brand has b
- BMW GROUP REPORTS BEST MAY SALES EVER◾166,397 Group vehicles sold worldwide in May, an increase of 6.0%
◾BMW sales increase by 7.8% to 139,161 vehicles last month
◾Solid double-digit growth posted in several markets
Munich. BMW Group sales recorded solid growth once again in May. With 166,397 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce autom
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Launches‘Summer Joyride' PromotionConsumers can receive a $60 Visa®prepaid card after the purchase of a set of four Yokohama tires now through July 7
FULLERTON, CA. – (June 10, 2013) – Yokohama Tire Corporation is kicking off summer with a national consumer mail-in rebate promotion. The 'Summer Joyride' campaign offers con
- CANADIAN GP - ALONSO AND MASSA'S OVERTAKING FESTIVALMontreal, 9 June – Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa both produced very strong drives at the Gilles Villeneuve circuit to keep very much in the hunt for both championship titles. The Spaniard went from sixth on the grid to second on the podium, while the Brazilian battled all the way from sixt
- CANADIAN GP – THE STATISTICS3 podium finishes for Fernando Alonso from 11 Canadian Grand Prix starts. Today's second place comes after a win with Renault in 2006 and a third in 2010, his first year with Ferrari.
5 points finishes for Felipe Massa in the seven races run so far this year. The Brazilian has scored 49 points t
- FDA: A AN UPHILL STRUGGLE FOR ANTONIO FUOCO IN SPASpa-Francorchamps, 9 June –Just a week after his debut race in the Formula Renault Eurocup, Antonio Fuoco and the Prema team were back in action at Spa-Francorchamps for the third round of the ALPS championship. Fuoco, who leads the drivers' standings had a tougher time in Belgium than expect
- AUDI COMPLETES LE MANS PREPARATIONS◾Three Audi R18 e-tron quattro cars ready for 24-hour race
◾Rainy weather limits test program
◾Marco Bonanomi tests tire generation for 2014
Ingolstadt/Le Mans, June 9, 2013 – Audi completed its preparations for the most important endurance race of the year with a test in France that was
- FORD RACING WINS 200TH NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES RACEToday's win by Trevor Bayne at Iowa Speedway is the 200th for Ford Racing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the 999th all-time victory for Ford Motor Company in the NASCAR's top three series combined. Mark Martin is Ford's all-time NASCAR Nationwide wins leader with 47, including the very first s
- ASTON MARTIN TOPS BOTH GT CLASSES AT OFFICIAL LE MANS TEST SESSIONLe Mans, 9 June – Aston Martin Racing has topped the timing sheets in both GTE classes at the official 24 Hours of Le Mans test session today (9 June) and, despite changing weather conditions, the team was able to thoroughly prepare all five Gulf-liveried Vantage GTEs ahead of the 24-hour rac
- MACCACHREN SWEEPS STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS ROUND NO. 6St. Louis, Mo. (June 8, 2013) – After the first five events primarily on the west coast, SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks brought the 600 hp high flying machines inside the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Mo., for a night of urban off-road action. Rob MacCachren, Aaron Basl, and Sheldon Cree
- Maccachren Sets His First Stadium Super Trucks Quick TimeSt. Louis, Mo. (June 7, 2013) - Making the return indoors the SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks invaded the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Mo., for a day of practice and qualifying. 12 SST drivers would take to the track for qualifying including the new drivers in Apdaly Lopez and Keegan Kin
- Ford Celebrates 10 Years As Mid America Ford And Shelby Nationals Sponsor In Tulsa◾Ford has now been a key part of the Mid America event for a decade
◾The action-packed event includes instruction from the Ford driving school, along with open track and drag racing experiences
◾Ride-and-drives will be offered in Ford's elite stable of vehicles at Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills
- GM DECLARES DIVIDEND ON PREFERRED STOCKDETROIT – General Motors (NYSE: GM) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a quarterly dividend of $0.59375 per share on its Series B mandatory convertible junior preferred stock. The dividend is payable Sept. 3, 2013 to Series B holders of record as of Aug. 15, 2013. The d
- Ford Motor Company Fund Opens New Center In Southwest Detroit, Creates Unique Community Hub In Key Neighborhood◾Ford Motor Company Fund opened a new community center to support the rebuilding of Detroit and a growing neighborhood in the city
◾New Ford Resource and Engagement Center in southwest Detroit is providing a community gathering space for residents to develop new talents, learn new skills and obtain
- LOGANO AND EDWARDS HOPING FOR POCONO SUCCESS THIS WEEKENDJoey Logano, driver of the No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Ford Fusion, is the defending race winner of the Party in the Poconos 400 and currently sits 18th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings. Logano, who will be traveling between Pocono and Iowa this weekend for the NASCAR Nationwide Series race
- Hyundai Genesis And Veloster Recognized In Autopacific Vehicle Satisfaction AwardsCOSTA MESA, Calif., June 7, 2013 – The 2013 Hyundai Genesis and Veloster topped the Aspirational Luxury Car and Sporty Car categories respectively in the 2013 AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA). AutoPacific's VSA survey measures how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle.
- StudioTorino MONCENISIOMONCENISIO is the name of the next 'fuoriserie', or offset model from Studiotorino,
derived from the Porsche Cayman S.
It will have a unique and special body while maintaining the mechanical and safety system of the vehicle of origin.
The MONCENISIO will be available to clients as of November 2013. A limited production run of 20 specimens, each with its own unique identifying plate, will guarantee exclusivity.
- Mercedes-AMG establishes lap record in the 'Grüne Hölle' ('Green Hell')SLS AMG Coupé Electric Drive masters Nordschleife in 7:56.234 minutes
Nürburg/Affalterbach – The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé Electric Drive circled the Nürburgring Nordschleife ('north loop') in a record time of 7:56.234 minutes. Therefore, the electric AMG super sports car is at th
- Volkswagen Passat Tdi® Clean Diesel Attempts To Set World Record For Fuel Economy Around The Lower 48 U.S. StatesVolkswagen of America bids to beat the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® achievement for the 'lowest fuel consumption—48 U.S. states for a non-hybrid car'
Herndon, VA - Volkswagen of America announced today that it will challenge the existing GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® achievement for the 'l
- All-New Range Rover Sport Sets Pikes Peak Hill Climb Record◾The transformational on-road dynamics of the Range Rover Sport conquers one of the world's most unforgiving driving challenges
◾New hill climb record for production SUV set on 12.42-mile Colorado mountain's hill road
◾New record confirms the Range Rover Sport as Land Rover's fastest, most respons
- Bmw Wins Automobile Magazine All-Stars Award.Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 6, 2013… The BMW 3 Series continues living up to its hard-earned reputation as the best compact sports sedan in the world, and AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE backs that up by presenting it with a coveted 2013 All-Star award. As the class benchmark since its debut in 1977, the
- Piero Ferrari Celebrates 50 Years Of The Professional Institute A.Ferrari In MaranelloMaranello, 7 June 2013 – Ferrari Vice Chairman Piero Ferrari took part in the festivities for the 50th anniversary of the Professional Institute A. Ferrari in Maranello, which was founded thanks to Enzo Ferrari and supported by the city of Maranello, as a professional trade school in the area
- Rapid Prototyping Speeds Updates On 2014 Chevrolet MalibuDETROIT – When Chevrolet set out to refresh the Malibu's interior and exterior for 2014, designers used one of the most cost-effective and time-saving methods in its high-tech tool box: rapid prototyping, also known as 3-D printing.
The processes literally grow prototype parts out of powde
- GT ACTION IN SPA & LE MANSMaranello, 7 June - The French GT championship travels to Spa this weekend for the third round of its championship. Meanwhile in France the official test session for the Le Mans 24 Hours takes place on Sunday, giving the teams a chance to make final preparations ahead of the race in under two
- CANADIAN GP - ALL ABOUT BAD WEATHERIle Notre Dame, 7 June – As expected, the bad weather was bang on time as free practice for the Canadian Grand Prix kicked off this morning at Montreal's Gilles Villeneuve circuit. Fastest was the Force India of Englishman Paul Di Resta in 1.21.020, ahead of the McLaren of fellow countryman J
- Jaguar Land Rover And Epsrc Announce $15.5M Virtual Engineering Research Program◾Jaguar Land Rover will lead a five year research program with the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and four leading UK universities
◾The research projects will give the UK the opportunity to take a global lead in virtual simulation technology
(MAHWAH, N.J.) - June 6
- SHEER SUSPENSE: AUDI RS 5 DTM AT LAUSITZ◾DTM round about 130 kilometers south of Berlin
◾Audi driver Mike Rockenfeller in second place of the standings
◾DTM more thrilling than in a long time thanks to DRS and option tires
Ingolstadt/Klettwitz, June 7, 2013 – Three races, three winners, eight different drivers on the podium: T
- 2014 Buick Lineup Offers Active Safety SuiteDETROIT – Every 2014 Buick model – Verano, Regal, LaCrosse, Encore and Enclave – will be offered with a suite of available active safety systems that watch the front, side and rear of the vehicle to help prevent crashes.
Buick will be the only brand in the industry to offer Forward Collisi
- RACE TO THE DREAM06/06/2013 - Torrance, CA
American Honda has just released a video featuring the Team Honda Muscle Milk duo of Trey Canard and Justin Barcia. With a rich racing history and a prestigious list of previous Honda champions, the American Honda race team is a place riders dream of being, and th
- FIVE MINUTES WITH WENDY DURWARD, DIRECTOR OF INFINITI CANADAMONTREAL - Wendy Durward has worked with Nissan Canada Inc. for over 21 years. She began as a Credit Analyst within the Nissan Canada Finance branch and moved her way through various roles before transferring to the automotive side of the business, when she became the Senior Manager of Market
- VOLVO TRUCKS AND SAFEWAY TO TEST BIO-DME-POWERED VEHICLES IN NORTH AMERICAVolvo Trucks in North America will partner with Safeway Inc., one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America, and Oberon Fuels to test heavy-duty commercial vehicles powered by dimethyl ether (DME) produced from biomass. The project received $500,000 in funding from California's San Joa
- Shelby Performance Parts Introduces Highly Anticipated Wide Body Kits For 2010-2014 MustangLas Vegas – June 6, 2013 – Shelby Performance Parts (SPP), a division of Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK), has now introduced the highly anticipated Shelby Wide Body Kit for 2010-2014 Mustang and Shelby models. The Shelby Wide Body pack
- Officine Alfieri Maserati: 1956 Formula One SeasonIf ever there was a factory effort that could claim to be cursed it would have to be Maserati. Not only would its early history be filled with a lot of ill-timing, but its Formula One effort would also suffer a very cruel fate. Just when it seemed to be Maserati's moment there would come another that would steal the show. The 1956 season then was to be the company's opportunity to shine, but…
Over the course of Ferrari's utter dominance of the World Championship during the Formula 2 era, Maserati would keep preparing and planning ahead, something the company had never before been really noted for doing. Then, when the new Formula One regulations would be announced heading into the 1954 season Maserati would already be ready with its new chassis. The chassis would become one of the most widely produced and successful chassis in Formula One history—the 250F.
- Next Generation Toyota Corolla Unveiled With Extravaganza of Experiential EventsDramatic sights, sounds and tastes helped introduce the strikingly re-styled 11th generation Toyota Corolla at a packed celebration inside Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif. on Thursday night.
More than 750 consumers, journalists and Toyota guests took in a captivating theatrical performance by Fuerza Bruta, fog clouds from celebrity chef Richard Blais's liquid nitrogen cocktails, and the capstone reveal of the 2014 Corolla lowered from the rafters with a surprise visit from comedian Adam Carolla.
- Auctions America's California & Auburn Fall Events To Broadcast Live On NBC Sports NetworkLeading collector car auction house, Auctions America, is excited to announce exclusive live television coverage of its highly anticipated California and Auburn Fall auctions this August and September on the Sports Emmy Award-winning NBC Sports Network and live streaming coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra. Along with tracking live gavel-to-gavel action, the exciting new Auctions America programming will showcase the stories behind featured automobiles, as well as provide a glimpse into the characters of the global collector car hobby. This in-depth auction programming complements the NBC Sports Network's growing motor content, which includes Formula One and the IZOD IndyCar Series. NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group's live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets, will live stream coverage of Auctions America for the first time. Coverage will stream live to the digital platforms of participating cable, satellite, and telco services, via 'TV Everywhere,' which is available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of participating MVPDs.
- Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney File Entries For Arca's Debut At Road AmericaELKHART LAKE, Wis., June 6, 2013 - The first annual SCOTT® 160 at Road America is already attracting an interesting mix of rookies and veterans vying for supremacy on the renowned 14-turn, 4-mile road course in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
The event marks the first appearance of the ARCA Raci
- NELSON PANCIATICI BACK AT LE MANS IN THE ALPINE A450 N°36They finished second in the 3 Hours of Imola of the European Le Mans Series, and Nelson Panciatici and his Signatech-Alpine team now stand second overall in the provisional ranking. He will now take part in the Test Day for Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend, and the whole team managed by Philippe Sinaul
- Audi and MIT develop first-ever index to quantify driver frustration• Driving in chaotic urban traffic can be as nearly as stressful as skydiving, new study finds
• Study uses a blend of real-time driver and environmental data, such as road conditions and heart rate, to quantify the factors that lead to driver stress
• Findings to inform how current and future t
- SALON PRIVÉ ANNOUNCES 2013 LINE-UPTAKING PLACE FROM 4TH – 6TH SEPTEMBER AT WEST LONDON'S SYON PARK, SALON PRIVÉ 2013 PROUDLY PRESENTS:
•The Audemars Piguet British Super Car Show
•The Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance
•The Royal College of Art 'Concours of the Future' design exhibition
•The Chubb Insurance Tour d'Elégance
- Rolls-Royce Appoints New Director Of ManufacturingRolls-Royce Motor Cars has announced that Frank Ludwig (42) has joined the company as Director of Manufacturing. In his previous role he was Director, Painted Body for BMW in Leipzig, Germany.
Frank joined BMW in 2002 as General Manager, Manufacturing Body-in-White, at MINI in Oxford and is a hig
- Mclaren M838t Engine Claims Victory At International Engine Of The Year AwardsThe 3.8-litre twin turbo V8 petrol engine from McLaren Automotive has claimed victory at the 2013 International Engine of the Year awards. The lightweight and highly efficient unit won the '3-litre to 4-litre' category, making it the first new winner of the accolade for five years.
The M838T engi
- Mclaren Automotive Uncovers New Digital Home Providing The Most Detailed Insight Into The Brand Yet◾New McLaren Automotive website provides unparalleled digital experience including never-before-seen images and video from inside McLaren
◾Visit cars.mclaren.com to explore and interact with McLaren's range of high performance vehicles from the 12C and 12C Spider to the McLaren P1™
◾A high definit
- Toyota Increases Its British Manufacturing Output With Start Of Production Of New Auris Touring SportsToyota opened a new chapter in its European operations today with the official start of production of the new Auris Touring Sports at Toyota Manufacturing UK's (TMUK) Burnaston car plant. The Rt Hon Patrick McLoughlin MP, UK Secretary of State for Transport, joined Didier Leroy, President and CEO of
- A Milestone For Automobili Lamborghini: 2,000 Aventadors ProducedSant'Agata Bolognese, 6 June 2013 - The Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 achieved and important milestone in its history, with the 2,000th vehicle produced. The Nero Nemesis car, chassis number 2,000, rolled off the assembly line destined for the United States.
Its owner, Thaddeus Arroyo, Ch
- Ian Callum Wins Interior Designer Of The Year Award(WHITLEY, UK) - June 6, 2013 -Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, has been declared 'Interior Designer of the Year' in the Automotive Interiors Expo Awards.
On receiving the award, Callum said, 'It's an honor to receive this award. I find it hugely gratifying that I and Jaguar Design a
- Forever Young: The Classic Mini Congratulates The Porsche 911 On Its 50Th Birthday.Munich. In September 2013 the flag-bearer of the German sports car fraternity, the Porsche 911, will celebrate its 50th birthday. And among the hoards of well-wishers will be MINI, not least because its model history also includes – in the classic Mini – a similarly compelling work of art ch
- Nissan Pathfinder Ranked Among Five Best Interiors Under $30,000 By Autotrader.ComNASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Nissan Pathfinder is featured on AutoTrader.com's list of 'five of the best interiors under $30,000' for the 2013 model year. AutoTrader.com's experts cite the fourth-generation Pathfinder's spacious, comfortable and amenities-packed interior as the top reasons for the
- 2014 GM U.S. MODELS TO INCLUDE NEW MAINTENANCE PLAN◾Eligible 2014 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC models covered by program
◾Certain scheduled maintenance services provided for two years/24,000 miles
DETROIT – Customers who purchase or lease an eligible new 2014 Chevrolet, Buick or GMC car, truck or crossover in the U.S. will be covered by a new ma
- Audi: Sales Growth Of 6.4 Percent In May- Around 640,200 deliveries worldwide since January – up 6.7 percent
- Sales chief Luca de Meo: 'Sales performance driven by double-digit rates of growth in Asia and the Americas'
- New A3 family and SUV models strengthen business
AUDI AG enjoyed continued sales growth in May by handing over s
- Nissan Dayz Makes Its Sales Debut In JapanTOKYO, Japan - Nissan displayed the new DAYZ minicar on Thursday at a press conference celebrating its sales launch.
The DAYZ is the first mini-car (referred to as kei cars in Japan) for which Nissan has been involved from the very start - from planning to design and development - and it i
- Honda Indycar Message Points For Texas Motor SpeedwayENGINE MANUFACTURER COMPETITION
◾The twin IZOD IndyCar Series victories for Honda last weekend in Detroit were the 198th and 199th wins for the manufacturer since it began Indy car competition in 1994. This total includes both seasons of manufacturer competition and the six-year period (200
- CANADIAN GP - MASSA: 'AN IMPORTANT WEEKEND FOR US'Ile Notre Dame, 6 June – There are several aspects of the Gilles Villeneuve circuit in Montreal that remind one of the 'good old days' of Formula 1 and holding the FIA press conference in a tent is certainly one of them! Today, Felipe Massa was one of the six drivers on the panel and the firs
- CANADIAN GP - ALONSO: 'MAXIMUM CONCENTRATION'Ile Notre Dame, 6 June – Facing the media for his usual Thursday meeting, Fernando Alonso was very clear on what he and the Scuderia has to do this weekend. 'We were hoping for some consistent results, but in Monaco we did not pick up so many points, so now we need four or five races on the p
- PORSCHE DELIVERS 15,000 SPORTS CARS TO CUSTOMERS IN MAYAtlanta. With 15,020 deliveries worldwide in May 2013, sports-car maker Porsche has outperformed the figure of the same month in the prior year by 13 percent. Up to now, 67,261 new autos of the model ranges made in Zuffenhausen and Leipzig were handed over to customers this year – a boost of 19 perc
- Audi At Le Mans: Active Safety In Focus◾Digital rear-view mirror eliminates blind spot
◾LED headlights with matrix-beam principle define new standard
◾Additional functions on the steering wheel as a valuable strategic tool
Ingolstadt, June 6, 2013 – Two more weeks until the Le Mans 24 Hours celebrates its 90th anniversary. Th
- Truecar Dealer Council Welcomes Six New MembersSANTA MONICA, Calif. (June 6, 2013) – Six automotive dealers from around the U.S. have been named new members of the TrueCar Dealer Council, a 20-member advisory group comprised of automotive retailing experts. The TrueCar Dealer Council provides feedback and insights to the automotive pricin
- Audi And Mit Develop First-Ever Index To Quantify Driver Frustration◾Driving in chaotic urban traffic can be as nearly as stressful as skydiving, new study finds
◾Study uses a blend of real-time driver and environmental data, such as road conditions and heart rate, to quantify the factors that lead to driver stress
◾Findings to inform how current and future techno
- CHRYSLER GROUP CHALLENGES BLACK AND HISPANIC JOURNALISTS TO STEP IT UP!◾Program engages multicultural journalists to raise awareness of health and wellness issues impacting Black and Hispanic communities
◾Fitness challenge builds on Chrysler Group's experience as a leader in promoting healthy and sustainable lifestyles of its employees and their families
- Statement: Transmission Oil Cooler LineJune 6, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group will recall approximately 181,000 SUVs in the U.S. to prevent premature wear to a transmission oil cooler line.
A power-steering component may rub against the line and compromise transmission function. The issue was discovered during rou
- STATEMENT: OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULEJune 6, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group will recall approximately 254,400 SUVs in the U.S. to upgrade software that controls restraint-system function in certain types of accidents.
The upgrade was deemed necessary after it was discovered that seatbelt pre-tensioners and side-
- Clarion To Redefine In-Vehicle Connectivity Using Google's Cloud-Based Voice Recognition, Mapping And Search ServicesClarion's Award Winning Smart Access Connectivity Platform Already Provides Access to Dozens of Apps and Services Optimized for In-Vehicle Use
CYPRESS, Calif., June 6, 2013 - Clarion Corporation of America, a leader in consumer and commercial mobile electronics, announced today th
- Johnson Controls To Supply Li-Ion Batteries To Power Hybrid Trucks As Part Of Department Of Energy Program AwardMILWAUKEE, June 6, 2013 - Johnson Controls, the world's leading manufacturer of automotive batteries, will supply Lithium-ion batteries to power large plug-in hybrid trucks as part of a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) electrification initiative.
About 120 work trucks, to be used by publicl
- Fitting In While Standing Out, Ford Designers And Chicago Architects Discuss Parallel Trends In Aesthetic Worlds◾'Big Ideas in Small Spaces: Proportion in Design' panel brings together leading architects, innovators and automotive designers to push the boundaries of the global design world
◾Ford is joining with the Chicago Architecture Foundation in a discussion on common design trends between cars and build
- Ford Fund Sends World War Ii Veterans To Visit World War Ii Memorial In D.C. On D-Day; Announces $278,000 Grant To Dav◾Ford Motor Company Fund is sponsoring an Honor Flight for World War II veterans to visit the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C., on the anniversary of D-Day – one of three Ford-sponsored Honor Flights in 2013
◾Ford Fund announces $278,000 in grants to DAV (Disabled American Veteran
- French Indycar Racing Star Simon Pagenaud Will Race At Pikes Peak International Hill ClimbColorado Springs, June 5----------Honda-powered IndyCar racer Simon Pagenaud of France, winner of Sunday's IZOD IndyCar Series race at the Detroit Grand Prix, and eighth at the Indianapolis 500 two weeks ago, will make his Pikes Peak International Hill Climb debut on June 30 at the 91st editi
- Pagani Zonda RevolucionThe evolution of the species, the revolution in the concept of art applied to pure speed. Pagani Automobili unveiled the final version of the Pagani Zonda Revolucion to clients and family members during Vanishing Point 2013 - The International Pagani gathering.
The evolution of the species, the revolution in the concept of art applied to pure speed. Pagani Automobili unveiled the final version of the Pagani Zonda Revolucion to clients and family members during Vanishing Point 2013 - The International Pagani gathering.
- AF CORSE WIN AT NURBURGRINGMaranello, June 3 - It was a difficult weekend for the AF Corse team taking part in the GT Open Championship at the Nurburgring. Although the team took the win in the second race with the Ferrari 458 with the car driven by Duncan Cameron and Matt Griffin – but the team chose not to celebrate
- CANADIAN GP – IN THE NAME OF GILLESMaranello, 3 June – No other name sums up the relationship between Ferrari and Canada better than that of Gilles Villeneuve. He never won a world championship nor did he rack up a host of wins; just six Grand Prix victories came his way and yet Gilles is part of the Prancing Horse's history a
- BFGOODRICH® TIRES CAPTURES SEVEN OF TOP 10 FINISHERS AND FIVE CLASS WINS AT TECATE SCORE 2013 BAJA 500Ensenada, Mexico - BFGoodrich Tires, the tire that has dominated desert racing for decades, took seven of the top 10 overall finishers in the Trophy Truck category as well as five overall class wins to lead all tire manufacturers at the 45th running of the Tecate SCORE 2013 Baja 500. The comp
- Goodyear Declares Dividend On 5.875% Preferred StockAKRON, Ohio, June 3, 2013 – Directors of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company have declared a quarterly dividend of 73.44 cents per share of mandatory convertible preferred stock. The dividend is payable July 1, 2013, to shareholders of record on June 14, 2013. The payout represents an annual r
- Toyota Announces Toyota Announces Voluntary Recall of Certain Toyota Prius and Lexus HS 250h VehiclesTORRANCE, Calif. (June 4, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it will conduct a voluntary safety recall involving approximately 87,000 model year 2010 Toyota Prius and Lexus HS 250h vehicles.
The involved vehicles are equipped with a brake pressure accumulator
- Hyundai Supports The Presence Of The Past: Peter Zumthor Reconsiders Lacma As An Exhibition SponsorCOSTA MESA, Calif., June 5, 2013 – With a shared passion for rethinking convention, Hyundai is proud to be a sponsor of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's (LACMA) exhibition The Presence of the Past: Peter Zumthor Reconsiders LACMA, part of the Getty's initiative Pacific Standard Time Pre
- Audi Adds Innovative Inrix Park Service To Audi Connect® Services Globally• Audi is first automaker to offer INRIX Park worldwide
• Service immediately available to all Audi connect® subscribers at no added cost
• INRIX provides drivers with continuously updated pricing, hours and availability information for off-street participating parking locations in North America a
- Anniversary Exhibition Celebrates '50 Years Of 911'Atlanta. The Porsche Museum is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 911 with one of the most extensive special exhibitions since its opening: Dr. Wolfgang Porsche, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, and Matthias Müller, President of the Executive Board of Por
- GM TO MAKE DOOR UNLOCK, REMOTE START STANDARDDETROIT – Remotely unlocking doors, activating horn and lights and remote start for factory-equipped vehicles are among services General Motors will make standard via smartphone for five years through the OnStar RemoteLink Mobile App.
GM announced the new RemoteLink Key Fob Services progra
- FORD/AAA STUDENT AUTO SKILLS COMPETITION HELPS DEVELOP NEXT GENERATION OF AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANSDEARBORN, Mich., June 5, 2013 – One hundred of the nation's best young automotive minds will converge on the Motor City to compete for the title of top high school technicians in the country at the 64th annual Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills Competition National Finals, June 9-11. With jobs in t
- EDMUNDS.COM RESOLVES BIGGEST UNMET NEED OF CAR SHOPPERS, ANNOUNCES NEW 'PRICE PROMISE' PROGRAMSANTA MONICA, Calif. — June 5, 2013 — Edmunds.com, the premier resource for car shopping and automotive information, today presented to the Automotive Press Association its new Price PromiseSM program, which is designed to give shoppers a convenient and reliable way to know exactly what price
- BMW ConnectedDRive 2013BMW is further consolidating its standing as the world's leading provider of online-based in-car services by introducing some major enhancements while also making its BMW ConnectedDrive services easily accessible. The new mobility products represent a further milestone in the on-going success story
- Land Rover Supports Ben Saunders' Bid To Complete Captain Scotts' Historic Antarctic Expedition• Land Rover is a co-presenting partner of the Scott Expedition, British explorer Ben Saunders' mission to make a return journey on foot to the South Pole, more than a century after Captain Robert Falcon Scott's historic attempt
• The 1,800-mile journey, the longest unsupported polar expedition y
- Cars Of The Great Gatsby Era To Be Showcased At The 12Th Annual Hilton Head Island Motoring FestivalHILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance, one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks, will showcase an exhibit of cars that could have been a part of Jay Gatsby's very own collection during
- Pagenaud Joins Honda Effort At Pikes Peak International Hill Climb06/05/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. Honda-powered IndyCar racer Simon Pagenaud, winner of Sunday's IZOD IndyCar Series race in Detroit, will make his 'Race to the Clouds' debut later this month, driving a highly-modified Honda Odyssey as part of Honda's record-setting 11-vehicle, nine-class effort
- FERRARI CHALLENGE RETURNS TO MONTREAL ALONGSIDE FORMULA 1The 2013 North American Ferrari Challenge Series continues with the fourth race of the season at Montreal's Gilles Villeneuve Circuit from June 7 - 9, taking place alongside the Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix. Both Ferraristi and the citizens of Montreal embrace this race weekend with various fêtes a
- Subaru Driver David Higgins Stages Massive Comeback To Finish 3Rd Overall At StprCherry Hill, N.J., - Defending Rally America Champion David Higgins staged a massive comeback at the legendary Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) to finish third overall after nearly retiring early in the event due to damaged steering. Higgins sliced his way through the leader boar
- Chrysler Group Recognizes Supplier Excellence At Third Annual Supplier Awards Ceremony◾Eighteen awards presented in 17 categories for extraordinary performance in 2012
◾Sergio Marchionne urges supply base to continue focus on innovation, product execution
June 5, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC honored its top-performing suppliers during the Company's 2013
- Ferrari Takes Best Performance Engine And Above 4-Litre Engine Accolades For The Third Year RunningStuttgart, 5 June 2013 – For the third year running a Ferrari engine has triumphed in the prestigious International Engine of the Year Awards, this time with the company's naturally-aspirated 6262cc V12. The 740 HP engine, which equips the critically-acclaimed F12berlietta, took the two categ
- Ram Truck Brand And Warner Bros. Pictures Team Up For ‘Man Of Steel,' Opening In Theaters June 14◾Co-branded TV commercial for Ram 1500 truck launches partnership
◾Promotional campaign includes print ad illustrated by DC Entertainment comic artist
◾One-of-a-kind customized 'Man of Steel' Power Wagon truck created for special events; will be auctioned for charity at later date
June 5, 20
- Ford Wins International Engine Of The Year For Second Year; Announces Increase In 1.0-Litre Ecoboost ProductionFord Motor Company's ultra-fuel efficient and spirited 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine today was named 2013 International Engine of the Year, marking the second straight year Ford's acclaimed three-cylinder engine has captured the award.
The 1.0-litre EcoBoost – which combines direct fuel inject
- Acura Signs On As Exclusive Sponsor Of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee06/05/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. Acura, one of the world's most technologically advanced luxury automotive brands, has signed on as the sole sponsor of 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,' the popular award-winning web series created by and starring Jerry Seinfeld, returning this summer to Crack
- Canadian Grand Prix Circuit GuideMONTREAL, Canada – The Ile Notre Dame Circuit, as it was known in 1978, is set on an island in the Saint Lawrence River It had been home to the 1967 World's Fair, and there were a bunch of futuristic looking buildings left over, which the local government decided would be the perfect backdrop
- Conti's Hybrid Application Drive Tire Smartway Verified◾Conti Hybrid HD3 verified for drive axle
◾Tire combines mileage and fuel saving characteristics for regional and highway applications
Fort Mill, South Carolina, June 4, 2013. Continental Tire the Americas, LLC's Commercial Vehicle Tire business unit ('Continental') today announced that i
- Romain Dumas Preparing For Record Attempt At Pikes Peak At Full ThrottleHe held the course record of 9:46.181 for a brief period of time last year in winning the Pikes Peak Open as a rookie, only to see Rhys Millen break it moments later in the Time Attack division.
The 35-year-old Dumas will be behind the wheel of a new Norma M20FC PP in the talent-loaded Unlimited
- Truecar Donates To Oklahoma Car Dealers Affected By Recent TornadoesSANTA MONICA, Calif. (June 4, 2013) – TrueCar, the Southern California-based automotive pricing information and analysis company, is donating $10,000 to assist car dealer employees affected by the recent tornadoes that hit Oklahoma.
TrueCar is making a $5,000 donation to the Car Dealers Ca
- Mecum Auctions Announces Celebration Of The Legendary History Of HollywoodOver 2,000 Celebrity Items Set to Cross the Auction Block Live in Santa Monica, July 26-27, 2013
Walworth, WI - May 29, 2013 -- Mecum Auctions, the largest collector car auction house in the world, has announced its first celebrity themed memorabilia auction, a two-day extravaganza
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Receives Fleet Of Stylish New 2014 MazdasMONTEREY, Calif., June 5, 2013 — Kicking off the 2013 race season, Mazda North American Operations has delivered a fleet of 15 special liveried 2014 Mazda6 sedans, CX-5 sport utility vehicles and powerful MX-5 sports cars to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Since Mazda became title sponsor of t
- 2014 CHEVROLET SS PRICED AT $44,470The suggested retail price for the 2014 Chevrolet SS sports sedan is $44,470, including a $995 destination charge, Chevrolet announced today. Title and license fees are extra. The SS goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The U.S.-exclusive SS – Chevrolet's first rear-drive performance sedan since 1996 – comes well-equipped in only one model, with a power-operated sunroof ($900) and full-size spare tire ($500) as the only options.
- Extremely Significant Shelby Cobra an Early Headline Consignment to Russo and Steele's Upcoming Monterey AuctionWith his AC Ace-derived, Ford-powered Cobra, Carroll Shelby and his racing team spearheaded Ford's 'Total Performance' campaign of the 1960s on the world stage and ended Ferrari's dominance of the World Sportscar Championship for GT cars by 1965. This stellar example, CSX2012, is particularly significant as the first Cobra sold to the public from Shelby American's West Coast operations in Venice, California.
- Porsche Celebrates 50 Years of the 911 with Exclusive Limited Edition ModelPorsche is celebrating a special anniversary of the 911 sports car at the 2013 International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt with a commemorative 50 Years Edition - half a century since the iconic coupé made its debut in the German city. Appropriately, the special model will be limited to 1,963 cars.
In 1963, Porsche presented the original model to the public. Since this first announcement - initially as the type 901 - the 911 has excited automotive fans across the globe. Porsche will unveil the limited edition model to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the 911 at the IAA in Frankfurt, which opens its doors to the public on 12 September, 2013.
- Trojan T103A company noted for producing under license the Heinkel microcar and the Mk IV Elva Courier hardly seemed like the kind of manufacturer that would have any kind of connection to speed. However, with the contract to build the McLaren racing cars, Trojan was now looking to enter the world of Formula One and Ron Tauranac and his F5000 T102 were deemed the perfect ones to take the company there.
Ron Tauranac would join Australian Jack Brabham as he departed Cooper Car Company to start his own effort. The results of this partnership would be quite effective as Brabham remains the only man in Formula One history to ever win the World Championship driving a car bearing his own name. Brabham would nearly come close to repeating the feat in his final year before mistakes and missed opportunities handed the title, posthumously, to Jochen Rindt.
- Rolls-Royce Makes Final Preparations For 1,800 Mile Alpine TrialFinal preparations are underway for the recreation of the 1913 Alpine Trial. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars' Authorised Dealer in Essex, P&A Wood, is playing an essential role in ensuring cars are in perfect condition for what remains one of the automotive world's most gruelling tests of endurance.
- Subaru May Sales Are Best In Company HistoryMay sales of 39,892 shatter previous monthly records
• Forester monthly sales increased 38 percent over May 2012
• Subaru year-to-dSubaru of America, Inc. today reported historic-high vehicle sales of
39,892 for May 2013, shattering previous monthly sales records. May 2013 sales represent a 34
- NEW CAR TRANSACTION PRICES IN MAY 2013 UP 0.6 PERCENT, WITH FORD REACHING NEW COMPANY RECORD◾Incentives Drop 3.0 Percent from Last Year, According to TrueCar
◾Industry Transaction Prices up 2.0 percent compared to May 2012
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (June 3, 2013) -TrueCar, Inc. the automotive pricing information and analysis company that creates a better buying experience for dealers
- Chrysler Group Llc Reports May 2013 U.S. Sales Increased 11 Percent; Best May Sales In Six Years◾Best May sales since 2007
◾38th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
◾Eight Chrysler Group vehicles set sales records in May; Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Compass record their best monthly sales ever
◾Ram Truck brand sales up 24 percent; largest percentage sales gain of any Chrysler Group
- Chrysler Canada Reports Best May Sales in 24 Years42 consecutive months of year-over-year sales growth – longest growth streak in company's history
29,249 vehicles sold; an increase of 12 per cent over May 2012 sales
Tenth highest sales month in Chrysler Canada history
All-time sales records set for Ram truck,
- Lcp 2000 - Yesterday's Future Turns 30Lightweight materials, alternative fuels, extremely low fuel consumption - key words for the car of today. Yet, these were the very properties that formed the basis for the LCP 2000, Light Component Project. This was a concept car study aimed at the future and the environment, presented by Volvo Car
- NO.1 QUALIFIER HAGAN WINS ALL-MOPAR FINAL; JOHNSON RUNNER-UP AT NHRA SUMMERNATIONALS◾Hagan earns No.1 qualifier position and second win of the year in the 'Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar' Funny Car at the 44th annual NHRA SummerNationals
◾Third all-Mopar Funny Car final elimination and Hagan's fourth appearance in the championship round this season
◾Hagan takes over lead in Fun
- Keselowski, Logano Pace Ford Effort At DoverBRAD KESELOWSKI, No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion (Finished 5th) – 'We drove hard all day, we just didn't have the speed needed to go win the race but we had the speed we needed to have a solid day. The guys did a great job executing today. It is cool to see Tony (Stewart) win, he did a hell of
- Scaling Mount Olympus In Greece: Victory For Latvala And VolkswagenVictory for the boys in blue: Jari-Matti Latvala/Miikka Anttila (FIN/FIN) won the Acropolis Rally in Greece in the Polo R WRC. Volkswagen's fourth win this season in the sixth round of the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) marked the duo's first triumph for Volkswagen. Two other points finishes gav
- Rocky And Eki Shine With Recoveries◾Gripping DTM race at the Red Bull Ring in Austria
◾Mike Rockenfeller from grid position 13 to fourth place
◾Mattias Ekström from position 15 to fifth
Ingolstadt/Spielberg, June 2, 2013 – 44,000 spectators (throughout the weekend) in the sold-out grandstands at the Red Bull Ring in Spiel
- Robby Gordon And Speed Energy Top Qualifying For Baja 500Ensenada, B.C., Mexico (May 31, 2012) – For the first time in Baja 500 history, qualifying was held to determine the starting positions for the 45th running of the prestigious event. Using a section of the 500-mile race course near Ojos Negros Trophy Truck and Class 1 drivers attempted to bec
- Kia Motors America Contributes $200,000 To The American Red Cross To Support Oklahoma Tornado Relief EffortsIRVINE, Calif., May 31, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) today made a donation of $200,000 to the American Red Cross to assist with relief efforts and provide needed food and supplies to the people of Moore, Oklahoma and other communities affected by the devastating tornadoes that struck the r
- Penske Duo Top Ford Qualifying Effort At DoverCASEY MEARS, No. 13 GEICO Ford Fusion – 'I don't feel very good about that. I was hoping to run a 70 or 80 but it was really slick out there and we slid around a lot more. We lost a tenth from where we were in practice and we were hoping to pick up a tenth from practice so it just depends on
- 2014 CHEVROLET SS PRICED AT $44,470DETROIT – The suggested retail price for the 2014 Chevrolet SS sports sedan is $44,470, including a $995 destination charge, Chevrolet announced today. Title and license fees are extra. The SS goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The U.S.-exclusive SS – Chevrolet's first rear-drive
- Extremely Significant, Early Shelby Cobra Roadster an Exceptional and Early Headline Consignment to Russo and Steele's Upcoming Monterey AuctionScottsdale, Arizona – With his AC Ace-derived, Ford-powered Cobra, Carroll Shelby and his racing team spearheaded Ford's 'Total Performance' campaign of the 1960s on the world stage and ended Ferrari's dominance of the World Sportscar Championship for GT cars by 1965. This stellar example, CSX2012,
- Hyundai Motor Delivers First 15 Hydrogen-Powered Ix35 Fuel Cell In Europe◾City of Copenhagen takes delivery of first 15 Hyundai ix35 Fuel Cell units
◾Vehicles to be used in municipal fleet, supporting city's 'carbon-neutral' aim
◾ix35 Fuel Cell is world's first assembly line-produced hydrogen-powered car
June 3, 2013 - Hyundai Motor Company has today delivere
- Nissan Pathfinder Listed Among 10 Best Family Cars By Edmunds.Com And Parents Magazine For 2013Safety, style, affordability and technology earn Pathfinder spot on the list
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The 2013 Nissan Pathfinder was named one of the 10 Best Family Cars of 2013 by Parents magazine and Edmunds.com, a top online resource for car shopping. The recently-redesigned Pathfind
- KIA MOTORS INTRODUCES NEW FLAGSHIP SEDAN IN NATIONAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN SET TO A REMIX OF DAVID BOWIE'S 'LET'S DANCE'◾Reunion' soundtrack features a remix from Los Angeles-based progressive house music enthusiasts, InFiction
◾Fashion model Teresa Moore takes Kia's most powerful and technologically-advanced vehicle ever offered in the U.S. for a drive through Manhattan
IRVINE, Calif., June 4, 2013 – For
- VOLKSWAGEN CHATTANOOGA ANNUAL ECONOMIC IMPACT ON TENNESSEE: $643 MILLIONUniversity of Tennessee at Knoxville Study Reports the 2012 Economic Impact of the Chattanooga Plant
Chattanooga, Tenn. - A University of Tennessee at Knoxville (UTK) research study released today shows that Volkswagen Chattanooga activities
◾created 12,400 full-time jobs at Volkswagen,
- Dakar Challenge Vildosola Stakes His ClaimMexican Gus Vildosola made the most of the home advantage to put himself in the driving seat of the American leg of the Dakar Challenge. With the Tecate Score Baja 500 over, he still has to finish the job if he wants to be in Rosario next January.
In the North American circuit, the Baja 500 is o
- Gm Employees Donate $28,500 To Help Tornado Victims In OklahomaFLINT, Mich. – General Motors Co. employees around the country have so far raised approximately $28,500 to help people in tornado-ravaged Oklahoma.
In some instances, plant collections by GM and the UAW have been supplemented with donations from GM retirees, contract workers, dealers and s
- Chrysler Group LLC Responds To NHTSA Recall LetterJune 4, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) has issued a recall request letter proposing that Chrysler Group recall the Jeep Grand Cherokee in model years 1993 to 2004 and the Jeep Liberty in model years 2002 to 2007 (a total of approximately 2.
- Audi Unveils Redesigned Audiusa.Com For Enhanced Customer Experience• Intuitive Google technology-based in-title search eases site navigation
• Industry-first cinematic and high-resolution car configurator allows people to create their ideal vehicles
• Innovative responsive Web design allows entire site to work seamlessly across a wide variety of devices
- Kia Racing Scores Victory And Podium Finish In Pirelli World Challenge Doubleheader At The Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix◾Wilkins successfully maneuvered around a late-race incident in Round Seven on Sunday to secure a solid second place finish, and third-straight podium as season hits midway point
◾Kia Racing jumps to second place in the Manufacturer point standings
DETROIT, June 3, 2013 – Kia Racing made
- Mercedes-Benz Adds Fifth Month To 2013 Record Sales Streak With May Totals At 24,713 UnitsMBUSA sees 9.8% jump as volumes for the year reach 128,730
June 03, 2013 - MONTVALE, N.J. Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) today reported another month of record highs with sales reaching 27,359, an 8.3% increase over May 2012. Sales volumes at Mercedes-Benz jumped 9.8% last month (24,71
- Waiting For The Canadian Grand PrixMaranello, 4 June – After the first four races of the year, the talk is always of the start of the European part of the season, but in among the seven races that are still run on the Old Continent, there is one brief and entertaining interlude that sees everyone head across The Pond for the C
- 2013 Canadian Grand Prix - PreviewAfter the first two European races, Formula One's mid-season flyaway takes the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, Round Seven of the 2013 World Championship.
◾ Eleven of the 14 corners at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve are taken at below 160 kph
◾ Two of the past t
- BORGWARNER PRODUCES ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE 2013 WORLD CAR OF THE YEARAUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 4, 2013 - BorgWarner supplies a number of advanced technologies for winners of the 2013 World Car of the Year Awards, including the:
◾2013 World Car of the Year: Volkswagen Golf
BorgWarner supplies GenV all-wheel drive couplings, timing systems for models powered
- TOYO TIRES® CAPTURES HISTORIC 1ST AND 2ND OVERALL IN THE 45TH RUNNING OF THE BAJA 500Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico - Toyo Tires® captured a historic 1st and 2nd overall in the 45th annual Tecate SCORE Baja 500 this past weekend. Robby Gordon of Charlotte, NC, driving his #77 SPEED Energy / Toyo Tires® Chevy CK1500 trophy truck, won the 501-mile race in a time of 10:04:36.
- Speed Energy Takeover At The 45Th Annual Baja 500Ensenada, B.C., Mexico (June 2, 2013) – As near perfect weather conditions blanketed the Baja California desert, 32 trophy trucks gathered in Ensenada for the running of the prestigious 45th Annual Tecate Baja 500. This event saw Robby Gordon of Orange, Calif., back behind the wheel of his fa
- KEN BLOCK AND ALEX GELSOMINO WIN 2013 SUSQUEHANNOCK TRAIL PERFORMANCE RALLYWellsboro, PA (June 2, 2013) -- Hoonigan Racing's Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino took their first overall win of the season at the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) - round four of the 2013 Rally America National Championship - held on May 31-June 1 in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. The vi
- 2014 Chevrolet EquinoxThe Chevrolet Equinox is one of the industry's most popular small crossovers, with sales up 14 percent in the first quarter of 2013 – building on record sales of 218,621 in 2012. It rolls into 2014 with the same competitive package of spaciousness, efficiency and style.
Equinox seats five and is available in LS, LT (1LT and 2LT trims) and LTZ models, with available all-wheel drive. Its roomy interior offers more headroom than the 2013 Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4; and when it comes to cargo space, Equinox offers 31.4 cubic feet (889 liters) behind the rear seat and 63.7 cubic feet (1,803 liters) with the rear seal folded.
- Cadillac Sales Increase Largest Since 1976Cadillac's year-to-date sales increase of 38 percent will be the brand's largest since 1976, making the 110-year old brand the fastest growing major automotive brand in the U.S.
When sales are officially reported later today, Cadillac's May increase of 40 percent will mark its 12th consecutive month of sales growth.
'Cadillac is back.' said Bob Ferguson, vice president, Global Cadillac. 'Our growth is product-driven, new luxury vehicles with dramatic design and performance drawing new customers to showrooms.'
- Grand Prix Circuits: Pau CircuitSome grand prix circuits just have a mythical status about them. Besides the drivers and great races, a lot of the equation comes down to how memorable the circuit truly is. In the case of the Pau Circuit, its sheer place in motorsport history and lore makes this tight, twisting circuit a true legend.
From its very beginnings, Pau would be at the heart of travel and transportation. Situated in a rather deep valley with the Pyrenees mountains lending an imposing back-drop, the area that would become known as Pau was nothing more than a simple crossing used by people and animals heading into and out of the Pyrenees mountains. In fact, Pau, it is believed, derives its name meaning 'rockface'.
- The REO Model BBitter arguments have a way of destroying good things, just ask Ransom Eli Olds. After an argument with his principal investor and his sons, Olds would lose the company bearing his own name. Having lost the use of his own name, Olds would be forced to start over using an assumed name. Thankfully for him, the use of his initials had not become prohibited. Therefore, the REO Company would be born.
REO would come to manufacture automobiles and trucks onwards from 1905. The company would do well initially, but then would face fierce competition from the likes of Ford and General Motors. The company would carry on, however.
- TechShop and Ford Celebrate One Year of Innovation in Metro Detroit; Benefits Emerge from Entrepreneurial Spirit•TechShop Detroit – a do-it-yourself workshop and fabrication studio where prospective inventors, makers and hackers can rent space to have access to high-tech equipment – celebrates its first anniversary with an event June 1
•In the past year, Ford's Employee Patent Incentive Program, in conjuncti
- 2013 Canadian Grand Prix - PreviewAfter the first two European races, Formula One's mid-season flyaway takes the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, Round Seven of the 2013 World Championship.
• Eleven of the 14 corners at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve are taken at below 160 kph
• Two of the past th
- Three Mercedes-Benz drivers finish in Top 10 in Spielberg• Points for the two Mercedes Juniors Christian Vietoris (DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé) and Pascal Wehrlein (VfB Mercedes AMG C-Coupé). Gary Paffett (EURONICS Mercedes AMG C-Coupé) also in the points
• Toto Wolff: „Unfortunately, days like today are as much a part of motor racing as winning – Congrat
- Chrysler Group LLC Reports May 2013 U.S. Sales Increased 11 Percent; Best May Sales in Six YearsBest May sales since 2007
38th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
Eight Chrysler Group vehicles set sales records in May; Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Compass record their best monthly sales ever
Ram Truck brand sales up 24 percent; largest percentage sal
- Volkswagen Of America Reports May Sales- Company reports best ever May results for Passat, Jetta and TDI® Clean Diesels -
• May sales total 38,013 units, representing a 1.7 percent decrease versus the prior year
• Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 10,267 units for the month, up 0.9 percent versus last year, and its best May
- Bentley Showcases Luxury And Performance At Cholmondeley Pageant Of Power•New Flying Spur makes UK show debut
•Le Mans winner Guy Smith celebrates 10th anniversary of victory with Speed 8 drive
•Bentley's Continental GT3 race concept on display
•200mph Continental Speed range take to the track
(Crewe, 3 June 2013) Bentley is celebrating the 2013 Cholmondeley
- Audi sets record May U.S. sales; third-best month record in company history• Audi sold 13,228 vehicles in May, up 15%; YTD sales also up 15%
• Sales momentum continues across the product lineup as demand continues at an all-time high
• Audi CPO sales also sets new May record
Audi today reported May 2013 sales of 13,228 vehicles, a 15% increase over the previous May r
- Toyota Motor Sales No. 1 Retail Manufacturer in May 2013TMS Remains Hybrid Leader with Double-Digit Gains; Lexus Luxury Sedans Up Nearly 30 Percent
TORRANCE, Calif. (June 3, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported May 2013 sales results of 207,952 units, an increase of 2.5 percent over May 2012 on both a volume and
- HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA SETS ALL-TIME MAY SALES RECORD WITH FASTEST DAILY-SELLING RATE EVER, SECOND BEST SALES MONTH EVER◾ Hot-selling Sonata tops 20,000 sales, Elantra tops 25,000 for an all-time record sales total for the Alabama-built duo
◾ Sales velocity high as inventories remain tight
◾ Assurance Connected Care connecting with customers
COSTA MESA, Calif., June 3, 2013 – Hyundai Motor America today a
- Vice Mayor Ms Cheng Hong Officially Welcomes Formula E To Beijing As Host CityBEIJING (June 1, 2013) - Vice Mayor Ms Cheng Hong today officially welcomed the FIA Formula E Championship to Beijing as one of 10 global cities to host the new fully-electric racing series, beginning in 2014.
In front of more than 400 guests and selected media, the agreement was signed du
- Mitsubishi Motors Reports 79 Percent Increase For Outlander Sport Sales In MayCYPRESS, Calif. (June 3, 2013) – Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported the U.S.-built Outlander Sport achieved a year-over-year sales increase of more than 79 percent in May.
The 2,226 units sold is the second-highest-ever total of Outlander Sport sales in a month and marks
- Kia Motors America Announces Record May SalesIRVINE, Calif., June 3, 2013– Kia Motors America (KMA) today reported best-ever May sales of 52,327 units as 2014 Cadenza and Forte sedans – two of the seven all-new or significantly redesigned Kia vehicles scheduled to launch this calendar year – continue to arrive in showrooms nationwide to
- Jaguar Land Rover Reports U.S. Sales For May 2013◾Jaguar Land Rover North America sales increase 11 percent for May 2013: best May sales since 2007
◾Jaguar U.S. sales increase 33 percent: highest monthly increase of the year for the brand
◾Jaguar XF Sedan grows 33 percent on power of All Wheel Drive and new powertrains
◾Jaguar F-TYPE deliveries
- Jaguar Land Rover Reports Fiscal Year Earnings For 2012/13◾Record sales, revenues and profits
◾Retails 374,636, up 22%
◾Revenues £15.8bn, up 17%
◾Profit before tax £1,675m, up 11%
◾Successful launches of all-new Range Rover, Jaguar XF Sportbrake and new AWD XF and AWD XJ and several engine derivatives
Coventry: Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc ha
- Volvo Announces May SalesROCKLEIGH, N.J. (June 3, 2013) - Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, (VCNA) reported U.S. sales of 6,329 units, a 1.3 percent increase from May 2012. Year-to-date sales are down 5.9 percent over the first five months of 2012.
The S60 sports sedan set a new monthly sales record with 2,739 units sold
- Award-Winning Accord And Record-Setting Light Truck Sales Fuel Hot Honda May06/03/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported May 2013 U.S. sales of 140,013 units, a total increase of 4.5 percent compared with May 2012 (up 4.5 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). The Honda brand posted May 2013 sales of 125,649 units, an increa
- All-New Jaguar F-Type & 2013 Range Rover Autobiography Named To 25Th Robb Report Annual ‘Best Of The Best' List◾Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S announced as winner of 'Convertible' category
◾Range Rover Autobiography announced as winner of 'Sport Utility Vehicle' category
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – June 3, 2013 – Jaguar Land Rover North America announced today that the Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S and 2013 Range Rover Autobiography hav
- Bmw Group U.S. Reports May 2013 SalesWoodcliff Lake, NJ – June 3, 2013… The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported May sales of 31,174 vehicles, an increase of 10.1 percent from the 28,321 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, the BMW Group (BMW and MINI combined) is up 6.3 percent on sales o
- Infiniti Reports May 2013 U.S. SalesNASHVILLE, Tenn. – As Infiniti prepares for the late summer introduction of its highly anticipated, all-new Q50 luxury sports sedan, the company today reported U.S. sales of 7,899 units in May, a decrease of 25.4 percent versus 10,592 units a year earlier. Infiniti sales of 43,119 for the fir
- Audi Sets Record May U.S. Sales; Third-Best Month Record In Company History• Audi sold 13,228 vehicles in May, up 15%; YTD sales also up 15%
• Sales momentum continues across the product lineup as demand continues at an all-time high
• Audi CPO sales also sets new May record
Audi today reported May 2013 sales of 13,228 vehicles, a 15% increase over the previous May re
- Nissan Sales Up 24.7% On Record May U.S. SalesNASHVILLE, Tenn. – Strong gains by top-selling Nissan models such as Altima, Pathfinder, Sentra and Rogue helped Nissan North America set a new May U.S. sales record with 114,457 deliveries, an increase of 24.7 percent over May 2012. The Nissan division also set a new May record, with 106,558
- Cadillac Sales Increase Largest Since 1976DETROIT – Cadillac's year-to-date sales increase of 38 percent will be the brand's largest since 1976, making the 110-year old brand the fastest growing major automotive brand in the U.S.
When sales are officially reported later today, Cadillac's May increase of 40 percent will mark its 12
- Team Sahlen Bmw Rileys Have Season's-Best Day At Grand-Am 200Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – June 2, 2013 . . . BMW drivers had mixed results at today's Rolex Sports Car Series GRAND-AM 200. Both Team Sahlen BMW Rileys scored season's-best finishes, but the class leading Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates No. 01 Cessna-TELMEX BMW Riley was forced out of the
- 2013 ENCORE RECEIVES IIHS, NHTSA SAFETY ACCOLADESDETROIT – The 2013 Encore luxury small crossover brings a smaller footprint and high efficiency to the Buick showroom, but the brand's newest model maintains the commitment to safety, joining all other current Buicks as an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety 2013 Top Safety Pick. The Encor
- Lonely Planet Teams Up With Mini For Start Of A 40Th Anniversary Epic Adventure.London. To celebrate its 40th birthday, Lonely Planet has sent two travel writers from Lonely Planet Traveller magazine in a MINI Cooper D Clubman from London to Istanbul on the first leg of an epic 10.000 mile journey across Europe, Asia and Australasia.
The trip celebrates the seminal trip from
- GM REPORTS ITS HIGHEST MONTHLY SALES SINCE SEPTEMBER 2008DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) sold 252,894 vehicles in the United States in May, up 3 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 9 percent, fleet sales were down 10 percent and the fleet mix was 26 percent of total sales.
'Cadillac is growing faster than it has in a
- Volkswagen Of America Reports May Sales- Company reports best ever May results for Passat, Jetta and TDI®Clean Diesels -
◾May sales total 38,013 units, representing a 1.7 percent decrease versus the prior year
◾Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 10,267 units for the month, up 0.9 percent versus last year, and its best May and
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY U.S. SALES UP 14 PERCENT; FORD FUSION, ESCAPE AND NEW LINCOLN MKZ CONTINUE RECORD-SETTING PACE◾Ford Motor Company's May U.S. sales up 14 percent compared with a year ago; best May sales since 2006 with retail sales up 17 percent
◾Escape delivers best month ever – sales up 26 percent year over year; Fusion sales up 10 percent – Fusion's best-ever May; both achieve monthly sales records for f