2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 |
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec |
- BMW's 'Batmobiles' Set For 19Th Annual Amelia ConcoursScheduled to appear in the 19th Annual Amelia Concours' BMW 3.0 CSL 'batmobile class' are not only the 1975 Sebring 12 Hour and '76 Daytona 24 winners, but Alexander Calder's 1975 Le Mans 3.0 CSL with his trademark signature on the left rear fender.
BMW's 'Batmobile' racers were glorious mutants. They arrived from Europe wearing a frosting of giant wings, huge fender boxes and big spoilers, all powered by a 430 hp straight-six engine that made a glorious noise and propelled BMW's luxury coupe to over 180 mph.
- KIA MOTORS AMERICA RELEASES 2014 'RED ZONE' SPECIAL EDITION SOULKia Motors America (KMA) announces its first special edition Soul of 2014 with the 'Red Zone' edition. Inspired by the ultra-popular Track'ster concept previously unveiled at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show, the 'Red Zone' edition Soul is the first special-edition based on the all-new second-generation Soul and is scheduled to go on sale during the first quarter of 2014.
- Le Mans Greats Head Stunning Roster Of Additional Entries For RM'S 2014 Paris Sale During Retromobile WeekRM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce a spectacular series of new premier offerings for its upcoming debut sale in Paris, from 4–5 February 2014, during the world famous Retromobile week. The auction is destined to become another stunning success for RM, as the sale rapidly builds towards a €25 million offering of incredible hand-picked cars.
Hot on the heels of the previously announced and highly anticipated Harburg Competition Car Collection, the latest wave of consignments includes two further greats of endurance motor sport, a 2008 ex-Works Peugeot 908 HDi FAP and a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP. The Peugeot 908 represents one of the most successful sports prototype racing cars of recent years, as it has been developed by the Peugeot factory for an all-out assault on the Le Mans Endurance Series.
- McLaren P1™ Joins The Exclusive Sub-Seven Minute Club At The NürburgringThe McLaren name was born on the racetrack and, 50 years on, is the most successful name in global motorsport. That desire and determination to push for every extra tenth of a second, and obsessive focus on perfection, has seen the final development objective for the now sold out McLaren P1™ achieved: a sub-seven minute lap time of the Nürburgring circuit.
From the outset, the McLaren P1™ has been developed with one clear goal: to be the best driver's car on both road and track. To achieve this, the development programme has focussed on ensuring the McLaren P1™ pushes the boundaries in terms of sheer performance, with testing carried out in some of the harshest conditions around the world. But one challenge remained, and that was arguably the toughest of them all.
- The New Audi Show Car – A Compact Sports Car In A New LookSporty, compact and versatile: With these attributes, the new Audi show car is making its debut in January 2014 at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. The two-door model with its high ground clearance is a crossover – a car for all roads and tracks, for everyday driving and sporty recreational use.
- ROLLS-ROYCE WRAITH HONOURED AT BBC TOPGEAR MAGAZINE CAR OF THE YEAR AWARDS6 December 2013, Goodwood Rolls-Royce Wraith was honoured this evening at the BBC TopGear Magazine 2013 Car of the Year Awards, winning the category 'Rather Splendid Motor Car of the Year'.
Following a comprehensive road-test by Associate Editor Tom Ford, Motoring Editor Ollie Marriage too
- 400Th Bugatti Veyron Sold – The Veyron Begins Its Final LapBugatti has sold its 400th Veyron. Since the production run of the Veyron and its variants is limited to just 450 models, this means just 50 more are still available. The 400th Veyron is a Grand Sport Vitesse and has been bought by a customer in the Middle East.
With the sale of the 400th Veyron, Bugatti is celebrating another milestone and so begins the final lap of the super sports car's journey. Since its launch in 2005, Bugatti has sold all coupés that were limited to 300 – the Veyron 16.4 with 1,001 PS and the Veyron 16.4 Super Sport with 1,200 PS – and 100 of the planned 150 roadsters: the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport with 1,001 PS and the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse with 1,200 PS have now been sold, leaving just 50 models left to buy.
- McLAREN P1™ JOINS THE EXCLUSIVE SUB-SEVEN MINUTE CLUB AT THE NÜRBURGRING◾The McLaren P1™ achieves its one remaining performance target
◾An average speed in excess of 178 km/h (111 mph) necessary to achieve the required lap time around the 20.8km (13 mile) circuit
◾Short film celebrating the team's achievement at the Nürburgring is available to view and embed at: http
- JEFF KOONS PRESENTED US DEBUT OF HIS BMW ART CAR AT ART BASEL IN MIAMI BEACHMiami, FL – December 4, 2013 . . . Artist Jeff Koons and supermodel Karolína Kurková presented the North American premiere of Koons' BMW Art Car, the M3 GT2 race car on December 4th, the night of the opening day of Art Basel in Miami Beach. The unveiling happened during a BMW reception in th
- NEW AUTOTRADER.COM STUDY SHOWS KEY CHANGES IN SHOPPERS' FAMILIARITY, OPINION AND CONSIDERATION OF CPO VEHICLESATLANTA, Dec. 5, 2013 -- According to the AutoTrader.com® 2013 Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Study, conducted by Morpace, CPO consideration for new car shoppers is approaching levels seen for used car shoppers, but their overall familiarity with specific aspects of CPO programs has dropped consid
- HONDA JOINS VEHICLE-TO-GRID TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE AND NRG ENERGY12/05/2013 - TORRANCE Honda has joined a demonstration project for experimental vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technology aimed at providing a potentially valuable energy storage resource to the nation's electrical grid while providing for more cost-effective ownership of plug-in electric vehicles.
- CHRYSLER GROUP RECEIVES COMPANY OF THE YEAR INNOVATION AWARD FROM THE NATIONAL MINORITY SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT COUNCILAward recognizes Company's innovation and leadership in expanding opportunities for minority suppliers
Since 1983, Chrysler Group has purchased more than $50 billion from minority-owned suppliers
December 5, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC has received the inaugural Company of th
- THE JEEP® BRAND AND NBCUNIVERSAL LAUNCH STRATEGIC CROSS-PORTFOLIO PARTNERSHIP WITH 'CHEROKEE EFFECT'NBCUniversal Talent Including Sarah Hyland ('Modern Family' on USA), Kyle Richards ('Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' on Bravo), Terrence Jenkins ('E! News'on E!)
and Baron Davis ('How I Rock It' on Esquire Network) take the all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee for unique 'adventures' in new marketing ca
- ASTON MARTIN'S CAMPBELL-WALTER AND HALL BECOME WORLD CHAMPIONS IN BAHRAINGaydon, 5 December 2013 - Aston Martin Racing works drivers, Jamie Campbell-Walter (GB) and Stuart Hall (GB) took the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) Trophy for GTE Am Drivers at the final round of the championship in Bahrain at the weekend (30 November).
Although it was their team-
- LAND ROVER'S 2014 RANGE ROVER SPORT NAMED ‘FOUR WHEELER OF THE YEAR' BY FOUR WHEELER MAGAZINE(MAHWAH, N.J.) – December 5, 2013 – The 2014 Range Rover Sport has been crowned the '2014 Four Wheeler of the Year' by Four Wheeler magazine, marking the third time a Land Rover vehicle has won this top honor.
Now in its 41st year, this annual competition, positions the newest 4x4 SUVs aga
- BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP NAMES KIA MOTORS AMERICA TO LIST OF MOST RECOMMENDED BRANDSKia Motors Tops the Automotive Segment and Outpaces the Industry Average
Kia heads the list with 63 percent of respondents serving as brand advocates
Positive recommendations are predictor of top-line growth for the brand
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 5, 2013 – Kia Motors Amer
- VIRGIN TO ENTER FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIPBritish-based team becomes ninth entry as 2014/2015 grid nears completion
LONDON, UK (5 December, 2013) - Virgin, one of the world's most recognised and respected brands, have today announced it will be entering a team in the new fully-electric FIA Formula E Championship after signi
- GM STRENGTHENS ITS EUROPEAN BRAND STRATEGYOpel/Vauxhall to compete as GM's mainstream brands across Europe
Chevrolet to focus on iconic products in Europe
Cadillac to expand in Europe
DETROIT – General Motors today announced plans to accelerate its progress in Europe by bolstering its brands in the ma
- THE NEW AUDI SHOW CAR – A COMPACT SPORTS CAR IN A NEW LOOKCrossover for all roads and tracks, for everyday driving and recreational use
Pioneering design, with precise lines and taut surfaces
Audi to present the two-door car at the NAIAS in Detroit
Sporty, compact and versatile: With these attributes, the new Audi show c
- LE MANS GREATS HEAD STUNNING ROSTER OF ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR RM'S 2014 PARIS SALE DURING RETROMOBILE WEEK• Anticipation builds ahead of RM's €25 million debut Paris sale on 5 February 2014
• More Le Mans greats join stunning competition car line-up at saleLatest highlights include a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP, a veteran of five Le Mans 24 hours races, and a mighty 2008 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Le Mans P
- BMW's 'BATMOBILES' SET FOR 19th ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURSScheduled to appear in the 19th Annual Amelia Concours' BMW 3.0 CSL 'batmobile class' are not only the 1975 Sebring 12 Hour and '76 Daytona 24 winners, but Alexander Calder's 1975 Le Mans 3.0 CSL with his trademark signature on the left rear fender.
BMW's 'Batmobile' racers were glorious mutant
- ACURA NSX SUPERCAR CONCEPT TO DEBUT IN VIRTUAL WORLD OF GRAN TURISMO®6 GAME12/06/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. The highly anticipated Acura NSX, in concept form, will fire up its twin-turbocharged engine and innovative new three-motor, torque vectoring Sport Hybrid powertrain in Gran Turismo®6 (GT6), which releases worldwide today. The 'real driving simulator' available e
- NISSAN'S NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN EMPOWERS NEW YORKERS TO SAY #HAILYES TO NV200 TAXIInteractive campaign will raise awareness for best taxi experience ever available to New York's riders and drivers
NEW YORK – Nissan is demonstrating the NV200 taxi's superiority over every other taxi in New York City by launching an interactive marketing campaign titled '#HailYes.'
- GM INVESTS IN FLINT'S BACK TO THE BRICKS SHOWFLINT, Mich. – Building on recent announcements to increase investments in the Flint area, General Motors will boost its support of the annual Back to the Bricks car show and cruise.
GM and Back to the Bricks officials recently agreed to a five-year deal under which GM will provide financi
- PORSCHE DELIVERED MORE THAN 14,000 NEW VEHICLES TO CUSTOMERS IN NOVEMBERAnniversary year sees continued demand for iconic 911 sports cars
Atlanta. In November 2013, Porsche AG has handed over the keys of more than 14,000 vehicles to customers – an increase of 9.5 percent on the same month last year. Between January and November 2013, the sports car manu
- NISSAN JOINS COUNTRY IN MOURNING LOSS OF NELSON MANDELAROSSLYN, South Africa – Nissan is saddened to learn of the passing of Nelson Mandela yesterday after a long illness.
'South Africa has lost one of our most loved and revered icons,' said Nissan South Africa managing director Mike Whitfield. 'Madiba was an inspiration and example to us all.
- CHRYSLER'S MID-ATLANTIC BUSINESS CENTER AND ITS DEALERS BRING JOY TO FAMILIES THIS HOLIDAY SEASON WITH TOYS FOR TOTSEach Chrysler and Dodge minivan sold generates donation for kids
December 6, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC's Mid-Atlantic Business Center (MABC) and more than 250 of its dealers are joining forces with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to make this holiday seaso
- CHRYSLER CANADA'S WINDSOR ASSEMBLY PLANT EMPLOYEES CELEBRATE CITY'S BIGGEST EVER TOY DRIVEChrysler Canada's Windsor Assembly Plant employees fill the holidays with joy for local kids with the donation of brand new toys valued at $26,000 which filled six Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country minivans
11th anniversary of Windsor Assembly Plant employee campaign [/L
- VOLVO APPOINTS BODIL ERIKSSON AS EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING, BRAND & COMMUNICATIONS, VOLVO CARS NORTH AMERICABodil Eriksson, currently Senior Vice President Corporate Communications for Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars), has been appointed Executive Vice President for Volvo Cars North America (VCNA), in a new role as overall responsible for Marketing, Brand and Communications.
'We are committed to restoring
- Ford Mustang Marks 50 Years with All-New Sleek Design, Innovative Technologies and World-Class PerformanceThe next chapter in the life of the iconic pony car begins today as the all-new Ford Mustang – loaded with innovative technologies and delivering world-class levels of performance – is simultaneously revealed around the globe in six cities on four continents.
'Ford Mustang inspires passion like no other car,' said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, global product development. 'The visceral look, sound and performance of Mustang resonates with people, even if they've never driven one. Mustang is definitely more than just a car – it is the heart and soul of Ford.'
- Infiniti To Reveal Formula One Inspired Concept At Detroit ShowInfiniti will reveal a Formula One inspired concept car based on the Q50 premium sports sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The concept car represents Infiniti's design vision of a high performance variant of Q50. Called 'Q50 Eau Rouge,' the car is named after the world-famous corner at the Formula One track in Spa-Francorchamps, a corner which requires extraordinary strength, courage and commitment; it has seen some of the most incredible driving feats in Formula One history. For Infiniti, the Q50 Eau Rouge concept blends road car technology and a thoroughbred motorsport vision.
- MOTOR TREND NAMES RAM 1500 AS 2014 TRUCK OF THE YEARMotor Trend has selected the Ram 1500 as its 2014 Truck of the Year®.
The announcement was made at the Chrysler Group LLC Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Michigan, the birthplace of Ram Trucks. A full report on Motor Trend's comprehensive Truck of the Year testing will be featured on MotorTrend.com and in the February 2014 issue of Motor Trend.
- LAND ROVER SPONSORED RACE2RECOVERY SET SAIL TO DAKARRace2Recovery, the only disabled rally-raid team in the world has successfully scrutineered for 2014 Dakar Rally
Two Land Rover Discovery's will support the team providing essential back-up support
The team will compete two Defender-based Wildcats and one 'T4' race truck[/L
- MICHIGAN STUDENTS HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF FOR MISSION ABOARD INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATIONStudents to Test the Formation of Crystals in Space
'Out of This World' Science Experiment Funded by The Chrysler Foundation
What happens to the formation of crystals in an environment with both increased radiation and microgravity?
This December, Sydney Waynick, 17, Steven Prascius
- TOYOTA: FOCUSED ON PLANTS, PEOPLE AND PLANETTORRANCE, Calif. (Dec. 4, 2013) – Looking for a new vehicle? How about one that was assembled at a North American facility that helped save 61 million gallons of water last year? And you can buy that vehicle at one of the most environmentally advanced dealerships in the country. These exa
- FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP CONFIRMS 2014/2015 CALENDARRio de Janeiro returns as one of 10 host cities for spectacular inaugural season
PARIS, FRANCE (4 December 2013) – Formula E Holdings, promoters of the new FIA Formula E Championship, today confirmed its 2014/2015 calendar featuring 10 city-centre events spanning four continents.
- BUGATTI AND THE RUBELL FAMILY COLLECTION START 'ARTIST IN RESIDENCE' PROJECTMolsheim/Miami, 4 December 2013. Bugatti is starting a new 'Artist in Residence' project at Art Basel Miami Beach (5-8 December 2013) in collaboration with the Rubell Family Collection. Visitors to the '28 Chinese' exhibition are invited to select one of the exhibiting artists to recei
- GM ANNOUNCES $24-MILLION LANDFILL GAS INVESTMENTWill be first automaker in North America to generate its own electricity
DETROIT – General Motors announced today a $24-million investment in electrical generation equipment that will allow the company to use more landfill gas at its Fort Wayne, Ind., and Orion, Mich., assembly pl
- ALCANTARA PLAYS A STARRING ROLE AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOWLOS ANGELES– Alcantara, the hi-tech Italian luxury material, continues to generate attention at major auto shows around the world.
The Italian brand recently hosted a private party at Vibiana in the Los Angeles downtown historical district for designers, partners and auto industry executiv
- 'GETAWAY' DVD RELEASE TO BE CELEBRATED AT DECEMBER 14TH CARROLL SHELBY FOUNDATION TOY DRIVE IN LA'Getaway' starring Shelby GT500 Super Snake available on Blu-Ray, DVD and digital download
While supplies last, movie posters to be given to those bringing a toy to the Dec. 14 CSF Toy Drive
Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake used in the movie to be displayed
- MAZDA6 SKYACTIV-D CLEAN DIESEL RACECARS TO TACKLE THUNDERHILL 25-HOURDecember 3, 2013 (IRVINE, Calif.) — There have always been rivalries: Yankees versus Red Sox. Beta versus VHS. Coke versus Pepsi. Tom versus Jerry. In the automotive retail world, that rivalry is Factory Guys versus Dealers. To finally put to bed who's faster, Mazda North American Opera
- HYUNDAI NAMED MOST RELIABLE MANUFACTURER IN CARMD'S ANNUAL VEHICLE HEALTH INDEX REPORTCOSTA MESA, Calif., Dec. 3, 2013 – Hyundai beat out every competitor to earn the distinction of 'Most Reliable Manufacturer' in the 2013 CarMD® Vehicle Health Index™ Manufacturer & Vehicle Reliability Ranking. Released today, the annual report provides a ranking of manufacturers and vehicles
- Infiniti To Reveal Formula One Inspired Concept At Detroit ShowHong Kong – Infiniti will reveal a Formula One inspired concept car based on the Q50 premium sports sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The concept car represents Infiniti's design vision of a high performance variant of Q50. Called 'Q50 Eau Rouge,' the car is n
- Toyota Indiana Launches the 2014 Highlander; Prepares for Hybrids and ExportsPopular SUV responsible for $430 million investment and more than 600 jobs by 2014 end
PRINCETON, Ind. (Dec. 5, 2013) – Hoosier pride was felt deep and wide on the plant floor of Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana this morning as the company celebrated the start of production of th
- HORSEPOWER UNLEASHED – MOTIVATING THE ALL-NEW FORD MUSTANG5.0-liter V8 anchors the all-new Ford Mustang lineup with power and torque fit for the iconic brand
New 2.3-liter EcoBoost® brings turbocharging to Mustang with exceptional power and torque and projected class-leading fuel efficiency
Manual transmissions provide smoother sh
- 400TH BUGATTI VEYRON SOLD – THE VEYRON BEGINS ITS FINAL LAPJust 50 models of the super sports car are still available
400th Veyron is a Grand Sport Vitesse 'Jean-Pierre Wimille' of the six-part edition 'Les Légendes de Bugatti'
Head of Bugatti Wolfgang Schreiber, 'A unique success story about the most exclusive and luxurious super sp
- Bugatti Type 35It is believed that over a 1,000 races would be won by the Bugatti Type 35 and the later-part of the 1920s would be absolutely dominated by the revolutionary little 2.0-liter Bugatti. Competing against such factory efforts as Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz, Delage, Itala and Sunbeam, Bugatti would thoroughly rule the grand prix scene as a result of advanced new technologies and designs, power and sheer numbers.
- Chevrolet To Introduce 2015 Corvette Z06 At Detroit ShowChevrolet will introduce the 2015 Corvette Z06 next month at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It will be the most track-capable Corvette ever, designed to deliver supercar levels of performance through unique powertrain, chassis and aerodynamic features.
The Corvette Z06 will complete Chevrolet's performance car lineup, which will also see the addition of the Corvette Stingray Convertible, Camaro Z/28 and SS sedan.
- Rare 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra Leads Exciting Line Up At Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale SaleAuctions America will lift the gavel on a rare, freshly restored 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra when its highly anticipated Fort Lauderdale sale returns to South Florida, March 14-16, 2014. Coming off the company's most successful year ever in 2013, this first collector car auction of the 2014 season will feature more than 450 American and European classics and sports cars, Detroit muscle, hot rods and customs, catering to a broad range of automotive tastes and budgets.
- Lotus Cars Opens New Dubai ShowroomLotus Cars is delighted to present its latest showroom in the Middle East. 'Lotus Dubai' opened its doors today at its prestigious waterside premises in 'Dubai Festival City'.
Lotus Cars Middle East (the distributor for Lotus cars in the Middle East) is partnering with Trading Enterprises
- ENZO GUIBBERT FINISHES ON A POSITIVE NOTEThe 'Volant Euroformula' 2012, Enzo Guibbert, started this year in the highly competitive French GT championship and for a first in this discipline, it is safe to say that his gamble pretty much paid off! We met him at the Euroformula School:
1. Enzo, you put on some good performances and in betw
- Toyota: Focused on Plants, People and Planet2013 North American Environmental Report Details Innovation and Improvements
TORRANCE, Calif. (Dec. 4, 2013) – Looking for a new vehicle? How about one that was assembled at a North American facility that helped save 61 million gallons of water last year? And you can buy that veh
- CHEVROLET TO INTRODUCE 2015 CORVETTE Z06 AT DETROIT SHOWMost-capable Corvette ever will lead industry's broadest range of performance cars
DETROIT – Chevrolet will introduce the 2015 Corvette Z06 next month at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It will be the most track-capable Corvette ever, designed to deliver super
- 2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV: More Standard Features and a $6,000-Plus Reduction in PriceMitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is proud to announce that the company's new 2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV electric-powered production vehicle not only receives an expanded standard equipment package but also sees a considerable price reduction of $6,130 over the previous 2012 model year vehicle.
The 2014 model year Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES model including CHAdeMO DC quick charge port, battery warming system and heated side view mirrors now starts at only $22,995 – an astonishing $6,130 price reduction from the previous generation. After factoring in the Federal tax credit of $7,500, the net MSRP of the 2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV drops down to only $15,495*.
- MIAMI AUTO MUSEUM ANNOUNCES SPECIAL COLLECTION LIMITED DISPLAYThe Miami Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection has created a special exhibition to share their latest acquisition. Nearly 50 classic cars were obtained from a private collector and are now on public display.
- VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS NOVEMBER 2013 SALES• November sales total 30,727 units, second best November since 1973
• Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 8,876 units for the month
• Jetta Sedan delivered 10,828 units for the month
• Tiguan delivered 2,235 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 21 percent o
- Audi sets 4th straight U.S. sales record with a month to spare on November 2013 gains• Audi achieves 35th consecutive month of record sales
• Audi A6, A7 and R8 sales jump in November
• Premium segment vehicles up 18% to constitute 43% of the overall Audi year-to-date sales gain
Audi established its fourth consecutive annual U.S. sales record a month early with the 13.3% year-t
- Toyota Motor Sales Issues November 2013 Sales PreviewTORRANCE, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2013)– Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November 2013 sales results of 178,044 units, an increase of 5.9 percent over November 2012 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 26 selling days in November 2013 vers
- Toyota Motor Sales No. 1 Retail Manufacturer in November 2013All-new RAV4 up nearly 57 percent; All-new Avalon posts triple-digit gains for ninth month in a row
TORRANCE, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2013)– Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November 2013 sales results of 178,044 units, an increase of 5.9 percent over November 2012 on a
- A New Event From Concorso ItalianoYou may have seen something on Facebook. You may have heard something from a friend. But here it is, the formal announcement that the new Desert Concorso is coming to Palm Desert this coming March. The event will be at beautiful and quaint Shadow Mountain Resort, only a few blocks away from the s
- The Maserati Ghibli Has Arrived All-Time North American Sales Record Set For MaseratiAn Authentic Maserati Sports Sedan Starting Under $70k Defines 'The Absolute Opposite of Ordinary', Drives Record Sales
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, December 3, 2013... On the eve of its 100-year anniversary, Maserati is in the strongest position of its lifetime with two brand new sport-
- HONDA EVOLVES IN-CAR CONNECTIVITY WITH DISPLAY AUDIO TOUCH-SCREEN INTERFACE AND NEXT GENERATION HONDALINK™ TECHNOLOGY12/03/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
Advanced connected-car technology debuts in 2014 Honda Civic, followed by 2015 Fit
Display Audio touchscreen brings smartphone-like functionality inside the vehicle
Next gen HondaLink™ makes integrated navigation more affordable and intuitive with smartphone
- Monster Energy X-Raid Ready To Charge Dakar 2014Whilst the motorsport season may feel like a distant memory to some, this is the time of year that an elite band of hardened racers crave for more than anything else as they dial in their final preparations for the Dakar Rally Raid. Arguably the most fearsome and awe-inspiring race on the planet is
- JAGUAR LAND ROVER REPORTS U.S. SALES FOR NOVEMBER 2013Jaguar Land Rover North America increases 37 percent in November, for its best November sales result since 2005
Jaguar continues industry-leading growth streak with 103 percent growth in November on new XF and XJ All Wheel Drive models and F-TYPE sales
Land Rover brand has
- MERCEDES-BENZ POSTS BEST NOVEMBER SALES EVER AT 34,376, 279,501 YTDNovember Sprinter sales up 23.3%, smart up 36.2%
December 03, 2013 - MONTVALE, N.J.
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) today reported the highest November retail volumes in its history with 37,345 units sold across the Mercedes-Benz, Sprinter and smart model lines, up 14.4% from the 32,64
- SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. CONTINUES SUCCESS, REPORTS BEST EVER NOVEMBER• November sales up 29.8% over last November
• Forester best month ever
• XV Crosstrek best month ever
• One millionth Forester sold since model's inception in 1997
Cherry Hill, N.J. - Today Subaru of America, Inc. reported best-ever November sales. Subaru sold 36,621 vehicles in Novem
- VOLVO ANNOUNCES NOVEMBER SALESROCKLEIGH, N.J. (Dec. 3, 2013) - Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, (VCNA) reported U.S. sales of 4,233 units, a 31.1 percent decrease versus November 2012. Year-to-date sales are down 9.1 percent over the first eleven months of 2012.
'Excluding a large fleet deal coupled with damaged cars from Hu
- AMERICAN HONDA POSTS SECOND-BEST NOVEMBER SALES ON RECORD12/03/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
CR-V sets second consecutive monthly record
Acura RDX sets 19th consecutive monthly record
Acura light trucks post record November sales on strength of all-new MDX and RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported November 20
- BMW GROUP U.S. REPORTS NOVEMBER 2013 SALESBMW sales up 1.7 percent – Best November ever
MINI sales down 12.8 percent
BMW Motorcycle sales up 5.7 percent
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 3, 2013… Year-to-date, the BMW Group U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) is up 9.2 percent on sales of 331,801 in the first
- TOYOTA MOTOR SALES NO. 1 RETAIL MANUFACTURER IN NOVEMBER 2013All-new RAV4 up nearly 57 percent; All-new Avalon posts triple-digit gains for ninth month in a row
TORRANCE, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2013)– Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November 2013 sales results of 178,044 units, an increase of 5.9 percent over November 2012 on
- NEW-CAR TRANSACTION PRICES UP ONE PERCENT IN NOVEMBER 2013, ACCORDING TO KELLEY BLUE BOOKToyota, Honda Show Price Gains; Electric Vehicles Prices Drop 15 Percent
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 3, 2013 -- New-car transaction prices saw an increase of $946 in November 2013. The estimated average transaction price for light vehicles in the United States was $32,769, up 3.0 percent
- INFINITI U.S. SALES INCREASE 10.5 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER– Best November in the Luxury Automaker's History –
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Infiniti today reported the best November in its 24-year history, with U.S. sales of 13,152 units, an increase of 10.5 percent versus 11,897 units a year earlier.
The all-new Infiniti Q50 saw deliveries of 5,8
- MITSUBISHI MOTORS SALES CLIMB NEARLY 70 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER– Best November Sales Total Since 2007 –
Tue, Dec 03, 2013 - CYPRESS, Calif. - Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported November sales of 6,071, up 69.9 percent compared to November 2012.
The U.S.-built Outlander Sport led the way with 2,059 units sold, an increase
- NISSAN SETS NOVEMBER U.S. SALES RECORD WITH 10.7% INCREASENASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan established a November U.S. sales record with 106,528 total deliveries, marking an increase of 10.7 percent over last year's total of 96,197. Nissan Division set a November record with 93,376 deliveries, a 10.8 percent increase over the prior year. Sales of Infiniti
- HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA REPORTS ALL-TIME RECORD NOVEMBER SALESHyundai Accent and Santa Fe Sport receive ALG's award for the highest residual value in their class; both post 40 percent-plus sales gains
Refreshed Elantra family, new Veloster Turbo R-Spec and industry-first 2015 Tucson Fuel Cell launched at the Los Angeles International Auto Show, a
- ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP® CHEROKEE NAMED ‘BEST NEW SUV/CUV UNDER $35,000' BY THE AUTOMOBILE JOURNALIST ASSOCIATION OF CANADAThe 2014 Jeep® Cherokee bests four of its category rivals
The all-new mid-size SUV brings a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission, superior on-road ride and handling, legendary Jeep 4x4 capability, a cutting-edge, revolutionary design, world-class craftsmanship, class-exclus
- KIA MOTORS AMERICA REPORTS RECORD NOVEMBER SALESSoul Sales Soar with the Totally Transformed 2014MY Urban Passenger Vehicle in Showrooms;
Annual Sales Surpass 500,000 Units for Second Straight Year
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 3, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) today reported record November sales of 45,411 units as the brand
- MAZDA ANNOUNCES NOVEMBER SALES- Consumers Seek Fuel Efficiency, Utility, Sportiness and Value through Mazda6 and CX-5 -
IRVINE, Calif. (December 3, 2013) – Mazda North American Operations(MNAO) today reported November U.S. sales of 20,754 vehicles, representing a decrease of 4.3 percent versus last year. Year-to
- Porsche Reports November SalesAtlanta. Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), the exclusive U.S. importer of Porsche sports cars, including the Macan and Cayenne SUVs and the Panamera sports sedan, today announced November 2013 sales of 3,966 vehicles. This tops the same period in 2012, which had set an all-time Novembe
- FORD RETAIL SALES MOMENTUM CONTINUES WITH BEST NOVEMBER SINCE 2004Ford Motor Company U.S. sales increase 7 percent overall in November; retail sales up 9 percent for best November since 2004
Passenger cars led by Fusion sales increase of 51 percent and Fiesta sales increase of 26 percent, both setting records for November
F-Series tops 60
- MINI USA CELEBRATES RETIREMENT OF CHIEF MOTORER JIM MCDOWELLHead of Western Region to Succeed McDowell in January
McDowell known for his infectious laugh, playful spirit and kind heart
Passion for motoring and love of life clearly evident through his leadership
Expanded, strengthened and transformed MINI dealership network in U.S
- VOLVO CARS CHOOSES GREY LONDON ADVERTISING AS ITS NEW GLOBAL CREATIVE AGENCYVolvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) today announces London-based Grey London Advertising (Grey London) as its new global creative agency. The contract will start 1st of January 2014.
'We are delighted to have Grey London onboard, taking Volvo Cars to the next level by visualizing our personality and rel
- BMW OF NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES MANAGEMENT TEAM CHANGESPeter Miles, currently Executive Vice President, Operations moves to Vice President, Sales Channel Development and Customer Relations
Chris Koenders, currently President, BMW Group Netherlands, moves to Executive Vice President, Operations
Jim McDowell, Vice President, MIN
- GM'S U.S. RETAIL SALES UP 19 PERCENT IN NOVEMBERDETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) dealers delivered 212,060 vehicles in the United States in November, up 14 percent versus a year ago and the highest November sales in six years. Retail sales were up 19 percent and fleet sales were down 3 percent.
'November sales were strong at all
- AUDI SETS 4TH STRAIGHT U.S. SALES RECORD WITH A MONTH TO SPARE ON NOVEMBER 2013 GAINSAudi achieves 35th consecutive month of record sales
Audi A6, A7 and R8 sales jump in November
Premium segment vehicles up 18% to constitute 43% of the overall Audi year-to-date sales gain
Audi established its fourth consecutive annual U.S. sales record a month earl
- VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS NOVEMBER 2013 SALESNovember sales total 30,727 units, second best November since 1973
Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 8,876 units for the month
Jetta Sedan delivered 10,828 units for the month
Tiguan delivered 2,235 units for the month
High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel
- CHRYSLER GROUP LLC REPORTS NOVEMBER 2013 U.S. SALES INCREASED 16 PERCENT; BEST NOVEMBER SALES SINCE 200744th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram Truck brands each post sales increases in November compared with same month a year ago
Jeep brand posts best November sales ever with 30 percent sales gain
All-new 2014 Jeep Chero
- NEW CAR TRANSACTION PRICES DOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE YEARS, INCENTIVES ARE UP, ACCORDING TO TRUECAR.COMChrysler, GM and Toyota all reach new high Average Transaction Prices
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (December 3, 2013) - TrueCar, Inc., the negotiation-free car buying platform, estimated today that the average transaction price (ATP) for light vehicles in the U.S. was $30,634 in November
- SEB AND THE RB9: AN AWARD-WINNING COMBINATIONLONDON – Sebastian Vettel has been named International Racing Driver of the Year and the RB9 handed the prize for Racing Car of the Year at this year's Autosport Awards in the UK, the fourth year in a row driver and team have been honored in the categories.
Seb, who took a record-equaling
- Lamborghini World Premiere Of Veneno RoadsterThe Lamborghini Veneno Roadster made its public debut on board the Italian naval aircraft carrier Nave Cavour on 1 December 2013.
At an exclusive 'Italian evening' attended by authorities, clients, VIPs and media, the limited edition super sports car, of which only nine will be produced, was formally unveiled on the flight deck of the 240 metre ship while docked in Abu Dhabi's Mina Zayed port.
- The American UnderslungThe American Motor Car Company opened its showroom doors in 1905 with several different models on offer. The Underslung, with an innovative chassis riding below the axles as designed by Fred Tone and Harry Stutz, was introduced in 1907. By 1911 the company offered only the Underslung-type chassis and utilized the team as a model name with seven different body and engine configurations. The American Underslung rode on huge 40-inch wheels, giving it a sporty appearance. And with its engine and transmission - and center of gravity - quite close to the ground, the cars handle beautifully. By 1913 the company's marketing slogan was 'The Car for the Discriminating Few,' and sadly that proved rather too true as there were few customers for it.
- Touareg X Special Edition Celebrates 10 Years Of Volkswagen'S Mid-Size Luxury SUVTen years ago, Volkswagen introduced its first mid-size luxury SUV, the Touareg. Since then, 700,000 have been sold around the world, with 121,385 of them in the Ú.S, to-date. To celebrate the anniversary, Volkswagen will sell 1000 Touareg X models, based off the TDI Clean Diesel Lux trim. The car commemorates the Touareg SUV's decade-long history offering advanced, fuel-saving technologies, and a premium driving experience.
- GM FOUNDATION GRANT SENDS 256 DETROIT CHILDREN TO PRESCHOOLDETROIT – The General Motors Foundation is making a quality preschool education possible for 256 children in Detroit's most challenged neighborhoods through a $500,000 grant in support of the Education Achievement Authority (EAA) of Michigan.
'Early education is a critical factor in the lo
- GM FACILITY SOLVES TOUGH WASTE CHALLENGEROCHESTER, N.Y. – Perseverance and creativity enabled a 75-year old General Motors manufacturing facility here to go landfill-free. The journey took four years and included seven attempts to recycle a challenging oily filter sludge generated from a machining operation.
The plant, which pro
- RAM COMMERCIAL CONFIRMS NEW SMALL VANDecember 2, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Ram Commercial Truck division today announced that it will offer an all-new small van for the North American market.
Joining the larger and highly capable Ram ProMaster as an additional van offering, the 2015 Ram ProMaster City will compete wit
- GOODYEAR DECLARES DIVIDEND ON 5.875% PREFERRED STOCKAKRON, Ohio, December 2, 2013 – Directors of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company have declared a quarterly dividend of 73.44 cents per share of mandatory convertible preferred stock. The dividend is payable January 1, 2014, to shareholders of record on December 13, 2013. The payout represents
- AUTONOMOUS DRIVING ACCORDING TO VOLVO CAR GROUP: BENEFITS FOR SOCIETY AND CONSUMERS ALIKEDespite massive improvements in traffic safety, 1.2 million people are still killed in traffic every year. In 2007, this spurred Volvo Cars, as the only automotive manufacturer in the world, to launch a safety vision stating that no one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car by 202
- VOLVO CAR GROUP INITIATES WORLD UNIQUE SWEDISH PILOT PROJECT WITH SELF-DRIVING CARS ON PUBLIC ROADSVolvo Cars will play a leading role in the world's first large-scale autonomous driving pilot project in which 100 self-driving Volvo cars will use public roads in everyday driving conditions around the Swedish city of Gothenburg.
The ground-breaking project 'Drive Me – Self-driving cars for sust
- ASTON MARTIN DENIED WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE IN BAHRAIN30 November 2013, Bahrain - Aston Martin Racing has finished second in the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) after an eventful final round of the series, the Six Hours of Bahrain, which saw the British racing team cruelly denied the manufacturers' world championship title in the fin
- Return of NISMO Festival Brings Bumper Crowd to Fuji Speedway in JapanOYAMA, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan – Fuji Speedway played host to the NISMO Festival on Sunday where dozens of the marque's most storied machines took to the track in front of over 32,000 adoring fans. After one year away (while NISMO was being relocated to a new HQ in Yokohama), this year's
- MERCEDES-BENZ S-CLASS DECLARED 2014 CHINA CAR OF THE YEARMercedes-Benz S-Class chosen as the first ever China Car of the Year by the Chief Editors' Club, comprised of editors from China's top automotive publications.
Two Porsche models received awards: the 918 Spyder, for Performance, and the Panamera E-Hybrid, named Green Car of the Year.
- Rolls-Royce Seeks New Apprentices To Join British Luxury Success Story2 December 2013, Goodwood
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has announced that the company is seeking candidates for its Apprenticeship Programme. The successful applicants will join the programme in August 2014, working alongside skilled craftspeople in leather, wood, paint, engineering and assembl
- LAMBORGHINI WORLD PREMIERE OF VENENO ROADSTERThe Lamborghini Veneno Roadster made its public debut on board the Italian naval aircraft carrier Nave Cavour on 1 December 2013.
At an exclusive 'Italian evening' attended by authorities, clients, VIPs and media, the limited edition super sports car, of which only nine will be produced, was form
- 2014 Season Event Tickets go on Sale Dec. 4Sports Car and Motorcycle Racing Highlight the Calendar
MONTEREY, Calif., Dec. 2, 2013 – Time to program the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ticket office number into the phone and get ready to use speed dial. The world-renowned race track starts selling tickets for its 58th year of co
- Toyota Baja California Celebrates 10 Years of Manufacturing Excellence$10,000 and Three Toyota Trucks Donated to Local Charities
Baja Calif., Mexico (Dec. 2, 2013) – Commemorating 10 years since breaking ground Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Baja California (TMMBC) donated $10,000 (USD) today to the Boys and Girls Club of Tecate and three Toyota trucks
- 'WALLPAPER* HANDMADE WITH JAGUAR' EXHIBITION MAKES U.S. DEBUT DURING MIAMI ART WEEK IN THE DESIGN DISTRICTSpecial Jaguar-inspired design pieces featured at U.S. debut of Wallpaper* Handmade exhibition
First display of the Jaguar concept car, C-X17 and all new Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe after show-stealing debuts at the L.A. Auto Show
With new attention grabbing models, Jaguar reaches
- NISSAN PRODUCTION, SALES AND EXPORT RESULTS FOR OCTOBER 2013YOKOHAMA, Japan - Nissan Motor Corporation has announced its production, sales and export figures for October 2013.
Nissan's global production in October increased 13.3% year-on-year to 465,494 units, marking an all-time record for the month of October.
- UAW AND FORD ROLL OUT CHILD SAFETY PROGRAM IN PLANT COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE UNITED STATESUAW-Ford will give inkless fingerprinting kits to plant employees to keep an identification record of their children
For every kit given to an employee, another kit will be donated to the local community by the National Child Identification Program
At least 225,000 kits exp
- CHRYSLER GROUP EXPANDS COMMITMENT TO WINNING FUTURESDecember 2, 2013 , Warren, Mich. - Last Tuesday (Nov. 26) at a breakfast hosted by Winning Futures, Mark Chernoby, Senior Vice President, Engineering and Vice President - Product Committee Coordinator — Chrysler Group LLC presented Winning Futures with a $65,000 grant from The Chrysler Founda
- Ecurie Ecosse Glories Again As Bonhams Sells Scottish Team Collection For £8.8MAll eight cars in British connoisseur Dick Skipworth's collection from the legendary Scottish team that won two consecutive Le Mans 24-Hour races in 1956 and 1957, sold at Bonhams today (1 December) for record prices.
Just as they did in the 1950s, four of the Ecurie Ecosse Jaguars raced ahead of their rivals.
- Supreme sporty flair in M style: BMW M Performance parts for the BMW 2 Series Coupé.The market launch of the BMW 2 Series Coupé clinches pole position in the premium compact segment. The figure 2 in the model designation stands for supreme sporty flair while the letter M refers to the attractive features available for making a dynamic driving experience even more intensive. As in the case of the BMW M Performance automobile BMW M235i, BMW M Performance parts developed for all variants of the BMW 2 Series Coupé will be available as of the market launch in March 2014. The retrofit components designed in close collaboration with BMW M GmbH in the areas of drivetrain, suspension, aerodynamics and cockpit perceptibly boost driving dynamics as well as underscoring the athletic appearance and sporty interior ambience of the new 2-door model. The product selection forms part of the Original BMW Parts program and enables the driver of a BMW 2 Series Coupé to add a touch of individual style in a way that expresses motor racing enthusiasm.
- World Champions Audi second in BahrainAudi finished the year in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) in Bahrain in second place. The World Championship winning team* had to admit defeat only for the second time in eight races and can look back on a highly successful sporting season.
Until shortly before the race's midpoint, Audi Sport Team Joest was in a promising position in the final 6-hour race of the year. Loïc Duval/Tom Kristensen/Allan McNish (F/DK/GB) in the Audi R18 e-tron quattro, with a gap of about 15 seconds, were running within striking distance of the leading Toyota. Then, on lap 95, Duval reported a problem in the power transmission system over the radio. For the first time in 23 races which the various Audi R18 models have completed since 2011, a technical defect resulted in retirement. Marcel Fassler/André Lotterer/Benoît Tréluyer (CH/D/F) subsequently took over second place from their team-mates. After 3:33 hours of racing, the stewards of the meeting imposed a drive-through penalty against Marcel Fassler for overtaking under yellow flags. Consequently, the number '1' R18 e-tron quattro lost more than one minute and, after six hours of racing, crossed the finish line in second place.