- Exclusive powerhouse based on the Ferrari F12The MANSORY company has already made a name for itself all around the world, when it comes to the refining of super sports cars. Whether it's a Bugatti Veyron or a Bentley Continental - the luxury cars have even more sportiness and comfort breathed into them. Now, the specialist from Brand in Bavaria, Germany, has taken the Ferrari F12 and proven again with the STALLONE conversion that the company knows how to refine Italian super sports cars.
The refinement program for the Ferrari F12 is performed especially in light carbon bodywork. There also is a powerful engine performance increase, as well as light-alloy rims manufactured specifically for the car. An interior dressed in the finest leather rounds off the program and meets the automotive wishes of the exclusive clientele.
- LIMITED-RUN McLAREN 50 12C AND 12C SPIDER ANNOUNCED TO MARK LANDMARK ANNIVERSARYAs part of the continued celebrations for the 50th anniversary of McLaren, a commemorative model is to be produced, celebrating five decades of race-winning technology and expertise of the British brand. Production of the McLaren 50 12C will be strictly limited to a maximum of 100 globally, split between just 50 examples of the 12C and 50 of the 12C Spider.
The McLaren 50 12C and McLaren 50 12C Spider feature a number of bespoke styling and specification enhancements to mark the milestone event, which will be celebrated on 2 September. These have been produced by McLaren Special Operations (MSO), the division of McLaren Automotive responsible for the delivery of bespoke projects, in conjunction with the McLaren Automotive design team led by Design Director, Frank Stephenson.
- Toyota Donates $250,000 to Oklahoma Tornado Relief EffortsLocal Organizations in Affected Areas to Receive Funds
NEW YORK, May 23, 2013 – Toyota today announced a $250,000 donation to support relief and rebuilding efforts for victims of the tornado that hit Moore, Oklahoma and the greater Oklahoma City area on May 20. Funds will be allo
- Get ready for the fastest ever Lotus convertibleThis summer the critically acclaimed Lotus Exige S loses its roof and gains a new character. As capable as its coupé counterpart, the Exige S Roadster retains all the intent of a race-bred sports car but also possesses the poise of a sleek convertible.
Sitting alongside the Exige S, Exige Cup and Exige Cup R, the Exige S Roadster completes the Exige line-up and enhances the track focussed collection by providing a new facet to the range. Powered by the same 3.5L V6 as the coupé variants and weighing in at 10kg less than the Exige S at 1166kg, none of the exhilarating performance of the phenomenal Exige range is compromised, yet the driver is only 'two clicks and a roll' away from cruising in open-top style thanks to the lightweight, factory-fitted soft top.
- MONACO GP – SILVER AND RED IN THE PRINCIPALITYMonaco, 23 May –The Mercedes duo of Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton topped the time sheet ahead of the Alonso-Massa red tandem at the end of the second free practice session today. Fernando was third in 1.15.196, which was 0.437 off Rosberg's time. Massa was fourth with a 1.15.278.
- MONACO GP - ALL VERY CLOSEMonaco, 23 May – Nico Rosberg had the honour of topping the first Monaco Grand Prix timesheet of the weekend. He set the fastest time in the first free practice session of the sixth round of the World Championship, which as always here takes place on Thursday, with Friday being a day with no F1 trac
- ASTON MARTIN GT4 CHALLENGE HEADS TO DONINGTONThe Aston Martin GT4 Challenge of Great Britain – a single marque championship in which Vantage GT4 drivers battle it out on some of the most exciting circuits in the UK and Europe – continues on 1 June when the third round of the championship gets underway at Donington Park.
James Walters, senio
- Impala's 2.5L Engine Delivers Quiet Power, Fuel EfficiencySedan benefits from powertrain refinement, computer-controlled valvetrain technology
Drivers of the new 2014 Chevrolet Impala will enjoy sweet sound and sweeter savings at the pump thanks to precision noise reduction and a new advanced valvetrain technology on the Ecotec 2.5L four-cylinder
- Chevrolet Spark EV Lease as Low as $199 per MonthCould save owner average $150 monthly in fuel costs based on EPA assessments
Chevrolet announced today a low mileage lease on the new 2014 Spark EV 1LT for as low as $199 per month* for 36 months, with $999 due at lease signing including security deposit (tax, title, license dealer fees e
- Italian Sports And Racing Exotics Head To RM's Eagerly Anticipated Monterey SaleRM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce a selection of the early highlights for its annual flagship sale in Monterey, California, August 16-17. With no less than 21 Ferraris already secured alongside other handpicked cars from such renowned marques as Maserati, Duesenberg and Mercedes-Benz, the sale is already shaping up to be yet another incredible event to match the achievements of past years.
- Stylish and bursting with power: HAMANN dresses up the Range Rover and turns it into the 'MYSTÈRE'The interaction of size, weight, and dynamics of the Range Rover has been subject of fascination for many years. HAMANN Motorsport alters this ratio by clearly emphasising on dynamics.
Range Rover has been synonymous with distinctiveness for many years – for exclusiveness and luxury. In this case, HAMANN uses a mirror-like pink paint, pushing the envelope of individualism. A high-gloss colour is used to finish the body, while the pink large-sized roof beams in a brushed matt finish. The body of the completely revamped, new Range Rover generation MYSTÉRE is dressed up in a colour that exhibits nothing more but self-confidence.
- The BMW IsettaIn the aftermath of WWWII, the necessity for Europeans to economize gave birth to microcar. Miniscule by American standards, the typical micro-car provided room for two people and was powered by a motorcycle engine. Numerous automobile manufacturers built microcars and BMW was no exception. The Isetta was designed and built by Italian refrigerator and motor scooter manufacturer ISO SPA. Introduced in 1953, ISO soon began to license the production of the Isetta to other companies. In 1954 BMW became a licensee and also bought ISO's tooling for the car. Instead of reproducing the Italian version, BMW re-engineered the car to their more exacting standards.
- Italian Sports And Racing Exotics Head To RM's Eagerly Anticipated Monterey Sale• RM Auctions announces stunning early roster of blue-chip Italian exotics for its flagship Monterey sale, August 16–17 in California
• No less than 21 Ferraris already consigned alongside two spectacular Maseratis
• Eight Ferraris offered without reserve from the Estate of William H. Tilley
- Jim Harbaugh to Pace Indy 500 in 2014 Corvette StingrayINDIANAPOLIS – Jim Harbaugh, head coach of the NFL's San Francisco 49ers, will drive the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Pace Car to lead the pack of 33 racers to the start of the 97th running of the Indianapolis 500, this Sunday.
Harbaugh, who took the 49ers to the Super Bowl in
- VOLKSWAGEN GROUP OF AMERICA SUPPORTS OKLAHOMA TORNADO RELIEF EFFORTS-Volkswagen of America Foundation to contribute $250,000 to the American Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity for relief efforts-
Herndon, VA - The Volkswagen of America Foundation, which was created by Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., announced today that it will make an immediate donat
- Honda Accord Named Automobile Magazine All-StarAccord recognized as one of the best and most significant models of 2013
05/22/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. The Honda Accord was the only midsize sedan named to the prestigious 2013 Automobile Magazine All-Star's list. Automobile Magazine editors used a combination of factors to determin
- CADILLAC DESIGN: HOW FASHION INFLUENCED XTS INTERIORInspiration comes from fashion and furnishings industries
DETROIT - The 2013 Cadillac XTS offers the first look at the next generation of interior design for the brand. Yet, designers of the large luxury sedan looked to the fast-paced and often-changing fashion and home furnishings industries for
- GM FOUNDATION AND CHEVROLET DONATE TO ‘HELP 4 OKLAHOMA'DETROIT – The General Motors Foundation is pledging $50,000, and Chevrolet is donating a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado full-size pickup to Forgotten Harvest to assist with the organization's 'Help 4 Oklahoma' campaign to get supplies to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and help those impacted by this w
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY AND ITS DEALERS PLEDGE $400,000 FOR OKLAHOMA TORNADO RELIEF; FORD TRANSIT CONNECT DONATED◾Ford Motor Company and its dealers announce $400,000 in donations following the destructive Oklahoma tornadoes
◾Donations include $250,000 from Ford Motor Company Fund to the American Red Cross and $150,000 from Oklahoma Ford Dealers to the United Way
◾Ford Motor Company also is donating a Ford T
- TESLA REPAYS DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY LOAN NINE YEARS EARLYWednesday, May 22, 2013 PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today's wire of almost half a billion dollars ($451.8M) repays the full loan fa
- Introducing the Hennessey® VelociRaptor® SUVHennessey Performance (HPE) has announced that it is offering its VelociRaptor SUV conversion. Based on the Ford F-150 Raptor, the team from HPE transforms SVT's super crew cab pick-up truck into a full-sized sport-utility vehicle (SUV) with seating for up to 8 people.
'Over the past three years we have built nearly 400 upgraded Raptor trucks for enthusiasts around the world', said Don Goldman, CEO of Hennessey Performance. 'We are now very excited to be able to offer the VelociRaptor SUV to those who like the Raptor but want more seats and space.'
- SRT VIPER SET FOR RETURN TO THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANSThe 24 Hours of Le Mans is the world's oldest active sports car race. The first event was held in 1923 and for driver and machine, it's the ultimate test of speed, efficiency and endurance. Participation is by invitation only as the Automobile Club de I 'Quest (ACO) selects the 56 entries. The 81st edition is set for June 22-23 at Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans, France.
Two identically prepared SRT Viper GTS-Rs will return to the Le Mans stage for the first time since finishing one-two in the GTS class three consecutive years – 1998-2000. SRT Motorsports accepted an invitation in February from ACO to field the two-car team in the LM GTE Pro class.
- HONDA ACCORD, ODYSSEY AND CR-V NAMED TO KBB.COM'S 10 BEST FAMILY CARS OF 201305/17/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. The 2013 Honda Accord, Odyssey and CR-V were all named to KBB.com's list of the 10 Best Family Cars of 2013. The three family-friendly Honda models were recognized for their leadership in the key areas of safety, roominess, comfort and value.
'Honda prides its
- SOUL RANKED HIGHEST IN ITS SEGMENT IN STRATEGIC VISION'S TOTAL QUALITY INDEX STUDY◾Soul recognized by veteran consumer research-based consultancy, Strategic Vision
◾New car buyers selected Kia's urban transport based on quality perceptions and ownership experience
IRVINE, Calif., May 17, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) has been one of the fastest-growing car companies
- SCION FR-S NAMED 2013 AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE ALL-STARTORRANCE, Calif. (May 21, 2013) – The Scion FR-S was named a 2013 AUTOMOBILE MagazineAll-Star today as part of the leading automotive publication's annual list. To earn its spot, industry judges evaluated the FR-S against all current model year vehicles on sale in the United States across all
- 2013 Ram 1500 Named To 2013 Automobile Magazine All-StarsMay 21, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Ram 1500 has been named a 2013 Automobile Magazine All-Star by the publication's editorial staff for the third time in the past four years.
'The Automobile Magazine All-Star award puts the 2013 Ram 1500 on top of other half-ton trucks in the market,
- GM INVESTS $44.5 MILLION IN LANSING GRAND RIVER PLANTNew logistics center improves efficiency and quality, creates 200 jobs
LANSING, Mich. – General Motors today announced a $44.5 million investment to build a Logistics Optimization Center at its Lansing Grand River Assembly plant, creating 200 new jobs.
The investment will be u
- Usually In The Red In MonacoMaranello, 20 May – It's been many, too many years since the roulette wheel has stopped on Red in Monte Carlo. The last time a Ferrari won the Monaco Grand Prix was back in 2001, when Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello secured an amazing one-two. Since then, no Ferrari has been first p
- Honda Chases 10Th Consecutive Indy Triumph05/21/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif. An accomplished 16-driver lineup, including two previous race winners and 11 graduates of open-wheel training-ground series, make up the Honda-powered effort for the 2013 Indianapolis 500, as the company seeks its 10th consecutive '500' victory – and fourth-in-a-
- LAND ROVER ANNOUNCE 2013 ROYAL GEOGRAPHICAL SOCIETY (WITH IBG) BURSARY WINNER◾The sixth Land Rover bursary of £30,000 and the loan of a Land Rover Defender has been awarded to the 'Pole of Cold Expedition'
◾The Land Rover Bursary was first awarded in 2007, in partnership with the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG*), offering funding and the use of a Land Rover Defender v
- Aston Martin Wows The Crowds At Nürburgring 24 HoursAston Martin's global centenary celebration programme powered into Germany yesterday (Sunday 19 May) as the great British sports car maker marked its first 100 years with a 100-plus car parade at the Nordschleife.
Just ahead of the start of the 41st ADAC Zurich Nürburgring 24 Hours a cavalcade of more than 100 Aston Martin sports cars took to the infamous road circuit for a celebratory parade lap.
- EUROPEAN LE MANS SERIES 2013 – ROUND 2: 3 HOURS OF IMOLAALPINE AND NELSON PANCIATICI ON THE PODIUM
Nelson Panciatici and his co-driver, Pierre Ragues, crossed the finishing line of the 3 Hours of Imola in second place. With this first podium, the Signatech-Alpine team and their drivers are now in second place in the provisional rankings of the
- McLAREN AUTOMOTIVE RETURNS TO SALON PRIVÉ AS PART OF 50-YEARS ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONSSalon Privé 2013: from Wednesday to Friday the 4th to 6th September
Syon Park, London, 20 May 2013 – Salon Privé is delighted to confirm McLaren Automotive will be returning this September as part the marque's 50-years anniversary celebrations.
This is the second year McLaren Automotiv
- Grand Prix Circuits: Pau CircuitSome grand prix circuits just have a mythical status about them. Besides the drivers and great races, a lot of the equation comes down to how memorable the circuit truly is. In the case of the Pau Circuit, its sheer place in motorsport history and lore makes this tight, twisting circuit a true legen
- Rolls-Royce ‘Works Team' Stops Off In London En Route To The 2013 Alpine TrialIn May 1913, James Radley set off from Brown's Hotel in London's Mayfair for a famous motoring adventure – the 1913 Alpine Trial. A century later, the same Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost driven by this pioneer, aviator and adventurer has returned to Brown's Hotel, ready to depart for a re-enactment of th
- FORD FUSION ENERGI EARNS TOP VEHICLE SAFETY RATING FROM NHTSA◾ The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awards the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP)
◾ 2013 Ford Fusion was also named Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the highest recommenda
- Subaru Holds The Line On 2014 Legacy® And Outback® Pricing• Most versions keep same MSRP as 2013 models.
• 2014 Legacy 2.5i starts at $20,295.
• 2014 Outback 2.5i starts at $23,495.
• EyeSight™ driver assistance feature now available on more models.
Cherry Hill, N.J., - Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the 2014 Legacy and O
- Aston Martin Celebrates Centenary At Nürburgring 24 HoursNürburgring, 20 May 2013 – Aston Martin's weekend of centenary celebrations at the ADAC Zurich Nürburgring 24 Hours (N24) concluded this evening (Monday 20 May) with a thrilling top-ten result for its Bilstein-liveried V12 Vantage GT3 and a historic finish for its unique Hybrid Hydrogen Rapid
- Audi Customers Pass Tough Eifel Test◾Race interruption and high retirement rate due to extreme weather
◾G-Drive Racing by Phoenix best Audi customer team in fifth place
◾Three Audi R8 LMS ultra cars among the top ten
Ingolstadt/Nürburg, May 20, 2013 – The customer teams of last year's winner Audi experienced one of the tou
- STARS, STRIPES AND VICTORY FOR 'THE AMELIA'S' AUSTIN KIMBERLY IN BRITISH ROAD RACING CHAMPIOSNHIPAmerican teenager Austin Kimberly scored his first victory in the 2013 Avon Tyres National FF1600 Championship season at the 2.1 mile Anglesey road racing circuit in Wales (UK) last weekend (May 12). After qualifying third, the young American racer led every lap of the 25.1 mile championship race fo
- Infiniti And Red Bull Racing: Monaco Grand Prix PreviewMONACO – Monaco is an unmissable spectacle – for the race itself with fans able to get closer to the cars than at any other circuit and of course for the glamor and history of Formula One's most iconic venue. It's the shortest yet most demanding track on the calendar, and the drivers love the
- FORD'S SUPPLIER DIVERSITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: 35 YEARS OF EMPOWERING MINORITY, WOMEN AND VETERAN BUSINESS OWNERS◾ Ford's award-winning Supplier Diversity Development (SDD) program celebrates its 35th anniversary; since 1978 Ford has spent more than $67 billion with diverse suppliers
◾ In 2012 Ford spent $5.7 billion with tier-one minority-owned suppliers, $1.2 billion with tier-one women-owned suppliers, an
- RICK KELLY TAKES TOP 10 CLEAN-SWEEP IN AUSTINAUSTIN, Tex. – Rick Kelly has vaulted himself into 12th place in this year's V8 Supercars Championship after his best event of the 2013 season.
At the stunning Circuit of the Americas facility in Austin, Texas, Kelly took his Nissan Altima to two more top 10 results today (ninth and eighth
- AUDI ENDS BMW STRING OF VICTORIES IN THE DTM◾Commanding triumph by Mike Rockenfeller at Brands Hatch
◾Audi driver new overall leader after two races
◾Mattias Ekström and Timo Scheider in the points too
Ingolstadt/Brands Hatch, May 19, 2013 – Two races, two pole positions – and now the first victory of the season plus the lead of t
- GORDON RACES TO SECOND SPEED ENERGY STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS WIN OF SEASONSan Diego, Calif. (May 18, 2013) – SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks made a return trip to Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, Calif., for the second and final time in 2013. Five distinct racing divisions took to the track to test their driving skills on the uniquely prepared dirt and asphalt cour
- LOGANO FINISHES RUNNER-UP IN SPRINT ALL-STAR RACESprint All-Star Showdown
Ford Finishing Order:
2nd – Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
7th – Aric Almirola
10th – Casey Mears
13th – David Gilliland
RICKY STENHOUSE JR. – No. 17 Best Buy Ford Fusion – HOW MUCH WERE YOU ABLE TO LEARN IN 40 LAPS? 'We learned lot. We thought we were g
- Audi Customers At Nürburgring On Grid Positions One And Three◾Frank Stippler posts best time in Audi R8 LMS ultra of Phoenix Racing
◾Christian Mamerow for Prosperia C. Abt Team Mamerow on second row
◾Three Audi R8 LMS ultra cars in top five
Ingolstadt/Nürburg, May 18, 2013 – The quickest Audi customers have completed their preparations for the 24-
- AUDI RS 5 DTM ON FRONT ROW AGAIN◾Mike Rockenfeller takes grid position two at Brands Hatch
◾Four Audi RS 5 DTM cars on the first five rows
◾Jamie Green with misfortune in qualifying at home round
Ingolstadt/Brands Hatch, May 18, 2013 – Just like in the season opener at Hockenheim, an Audi RS 5 DTM will again be startin
- 15-YEAR OLD OFF-ROAD PHENOM RACES TO SST ROUND NO. 5 QUICK TIMESan Diego, Calif. (May 17, 2013) – On a brisk May evening, SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks returned to Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, Calif., for a night of practice and qualifying on a redesigned track configuration offering competitors new obstacles with much faster speeds.
- Andy Warhol'S 1979 Bmw M1 Art Car To Be Center Piece At Saratoga Automobile MuseumBMW History and Heritage on four wheels and two on display from May – November, 2013
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – May 17, 2013… Andy Warhol's 1979 BMW M1 Art Car will be the center piece of the exhibition 'BMW – The Ultimate Driving Machine', which opens this weekend at the Saratoga Autom
- Aston Martin's radical CC100 Speedster Concept breaks coverAston Martin is celebrating its centenary in world-class style with the debut today (19 May) of the exceptional CC100 Speedster Concept.
Created as a stunning celebration of the great British brand's 100 years of sports car excellence the one-off CC100 looks both to the past and the DBR1 – Aston Martin's greatest sporting triumph on the track – and to the future with its teasing glimpses of potential future design direction.
The 6.0-litre V12-powered concept car today makes its world debut by completing a lap of the famous Nordschleife at Germany's ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nürburgring race. It is lapping the circuit together with the 1000km race-winning 1959 DBR1 with British racing legend Sir Stirling Moss at the wheel. It is the most tangible expression yet of the brand's year-long 2013 centenary celebrations.
- BMW M6 Coupe Competition PackageThe Competition Package was specifically conceived to enhance handling properties, in adherence to the principle applied to the development of all BMW M automobiles: fine-tuning the suspension technology to the performance curve of the engine to bring maximum performance in line with consistently superlative responses that are precision-controllable even in highly dynamic driving situations.
The Competition Package boosts output by 11 kW to 423 kW/575 hp in the high-revving V8 engine with M TwinPower turbo technology that powers the BMW M5, BMW M6 Coupe, BMW M6 Convertible and BMW M6 Gran Coupe models. At the same time, the developers at BMW M GmbH have applied extensive modifications to the chassis set-up.
- Mille Miglia – The Argentinian couple Tonconogy-Berisso triumphsThe 31st reenactment of 'most beautiful race in the world', officially ended today, with the awards ceremony at the Grand Theatre. It was the first race organized by 1000 Miglia Srl
The crews in the theatre audience were refreshed after their arrival last night. Rain has become part of the Mille Miglia tradition but never before has it been so heavy as it was in this edition.
- ASTON MARTIN MAKES HISTORY AT NÜRBURGRING 24 HOURSAston Martin CEO Dr Ulrich Bez has made history by driving the first ever zero CO2 emissions lap in an international motor race in the manufacturer's #100 Hybrid Hydrogen Rapide S race car at the 41st ADAC Zurich Nürburgring 24 Hours.
The 6.0-litre V12 twin-turbocharged prototype – based on Aston
- Felipe Massa surprises fans in a Scuderia Ferrari Formula OneTM car at the Shell V-Power Nitro+ show in WarsawFelipe Massa brought Warsaw to a standstill today as he drove a Ferrari Formula One car through the city streets as part of the Shell V-Power Nitro+ Show.
There was a fantastic atmosphere as over 30,000 Ferrari fans turned out to witness Shell's first ever street demonstration with a Ferr
- Mille Miglia, participants go across the Emilian region that was hit by the earthquakeMirandola, Medolla, Moglia, Guastalla. These are some of the Emilian city centers most affected by the 2012 earthquake. Today – almost a year away – the Red Arrow visits the places hit by a tragedy that is still so felt by the Emilian population.
Reggio Emilia, 18 May 2013 – It is the only
- Duesenberg Model JNOnly those considered the elite of society and entertainment could afford to own a Duesenberg. How fitting it would be then that the long, graceful lines of a Model JN Duesenberg would be owned by the graceful and fluid dancer and entertainer Bill 'Bojangles' Robinson.
Throughout Robinson's career he would entertain both blacks and whites and would leave a legacy that crossed racial barriers because of is incredible generosity and famous big smile. In no small way, Robinson would help play a part in changing the face of race relations throughout the United States.
- 1936 Delahaye Type 135 Competition Court Coupe and 1969 Ford GT40 MKI take Best in Show at the Concours d'Elegance of TexasLast weekend, the award winning La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas, played host to the biggest celebration of vintage motoring in Texas, welcoming thousands of visitors through its doors for The Houston Classic Weekend and 2nd annual Concours d'Elegance of Texas. The weekend got off to a high-octane start when Concours participants took to the open road on the Texas Tour d'Elegance, led by Richard Rawlings of Fast N' Loud fame, in a newly re-styled Ferrari F40. Worldwide Auctioneers' 12th annual The Houston Classic Auction saw an outstanding selection of over 100 great motorcars cross the block in the Versailles Ballroom on Saturday, May 4, with 90% finding new homes. The high sale went to the 1966 Shelby 427 Cobra, which hammered sold for $1,050,000 and the very first purpose built American sports car, the ex-Donald Healey 1950 Nash-Healey Roadster, which hammered sold for $500,000. A 1958 Messerschmitt KR200 Kabrio, once owned by motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel, sold for $35,200, with current owner Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage donating $5,000 of the proceeds to the Concours charity, Holy Angels, from the auction podium.
- 1982 Austrian Grand Prix: de Angelis Flying Through the Thin AirIt is almost impossible to predict events and just how momentous they just might be. This would certainly be the case with the 1982 Austrian Grand Prix, a truly special and memorable moment in Formula One history.
Heading into the Austrian Grand Prix in 1982 Formula One was in a bit of trouble and desperately needed a lift. All throughout the paddock there were teams that needed some good news. And then there would be others that needed some good news in order to be able to weather a storm coming their way.
- 1985 San Marino Grand Prix: Angelis Descending, AscendingIf someone was on a quest to prove the involvement of a supreme being in the affairs of man he or she could offer the 1985 San Marino Grand Prix as evidence. For, on that day Elio de Angelis would be provided one last moment in the sun.
Elio de Angelis was one of a dying breed within Formula One. Born of a wealthy Roman family, de Angelis had been in want for nothing from the day he was born. However, he was certainly an individual with his head on his shoulders and very unassuming in the way he carried himself in and out of the public eye.
- Auctions America's Auburn Fall Weekend Offers Outstanding Collection Of Mr. Edward Ewing At No ReserveAuctions America is delighted to announce the presentation of the outstanding collection of Mr. Edward Ewing at its highly anticipated Auburn Fall weekend, August 29 – September 1 at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana. A Labor Day weekend tradition among collector car enthusiasts, the event is one of the country's premier celebrations of the hobby and after 43 consecutive years, is the longest running event in collector car auction history.
A noted Indiana automobile enthusiast and passionate collector, Mr. Ewing's collection represents numerous incredible examples of a wide range of marques, many of which are considered the best of the very best. With over 100 cars offered at no reserve, the diversity of the selection reflects Mr. Ewing's collecting philosophy as many of the vehicles represent periods of excitement in the Indiana native's past.
- Dynamic, exclusive, distinctive: M Sport edition for the BMW 6 SeriesSumptuous flair and alluring athleticism come together in the BMW 6 Series models to invest these premium luxury-class vehicles with hallmark driving fun. The new M Sport edition offers a particularly exclusive opportunity to highlight the dynamic attributes of the BMW 6 Series Coupe, BMW 6 Series Convertible and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe. With their harmoniously coordinated design details and ultra-high-quality range of features, the BMW 6 Series models in M Sport Edition guise deliver a driving experience that assuages the most discerning requirements while also offering an attractive price advantage.
The M Sport edition package can be combined with all the models and engine variants of the BMW 6 Series range and will be available from July 2013.
- Elio de Angelis: A Maestro in the MakingWhile Formula One history would easily and quickly recall one of his teammates, it takes the mind a little longer to access memories of one smooth Italian racer by the name of Elio de Angelis. But while he would not have the time to prove his genius behind the wheel, he would be one of those annoying individuals that seemed absolutely adept at everything; if it touched his Roman heart that is.
The hallmark of a talented driver is a light touch on the steering-wheel. No such problem existed with de Angelis, who had the ability to surprise when he sat down at a piano. How fitting it truly was this handsome Italian and his penchant for jazz. Were it not for his day job, he likely could have found a career right alongside Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett.
Of course, Elio had enough means to do just about anything he wanted. Born in Rome, Italy in March of 1958, Elio would be born into a wealthy family, which meant he would have just about anything he wanted right at his fingertips. But de Angelis wasn't merely born into a wealthy family. He was also born with an enormous amount of natural talent, and just about anything he put his mind toward he would be good at it.
- Over 300 vintage cars on the block at the St. Louis Classic & Exotic Car AuctionMore than 300 classic and exotic vehicles will be on the block at the St. Louis Classic & Exotic Car Auction, Friday May 31st and Saturday June 1st. MotoeXotica Classic Cars will host the auction at the MotoeXotica Classic Cars facility located at 2340 Cassens Drive, Fenton MO, 63026. The facility is conveniently located just past Highway 270 & 44, off of Soccer Park Road. Hotels, restaurants and shopping are just minutes away.
Due to the success of their previous Classic and Exotic Car Auctions since 2006, MotoeXotica Classic Cars has been the only public classic car auction in the St. Louis area!
- Race Preview: X Games BarcelonaThe first round of the Global Rallycross season at X Games Foz do Iguacu saw surprises at every corner, resulting in a series newcomer taking the win and many new drivers scoring strong finishes. Now, the drivers and teams of the sport attempt to get into a rhythm for the rest of the year as they enter the second event of the year, X Games Barcelona.
Like in Foz do Iguacu, the Barcelona track will be mostly comprised of dirt, with a concrete frontstretch. The clockwise figure-8 layout features cars jumping over another section of the track, giving fans the high-flying action they expect from Global Rallycross.
- The BMW 328: Driving to victory for 75 years. BMW Group Classic at the 2013 Mille MigliaBMW Group Classic is about to enter the 2013 Mille Miglia suffused with memories of a glorious premiere. It was 75 years ago that the BMW 328 sports car first lined up among the starters for this legendary long-distance event. Now BMW Group Classic is dispatching nine such models to compete in the latest edition of this historic round trip. The squad of BMW 328 models will delight classic car enthusiasts, while once again paying tribute to the tradition-steeped association between BMW and the Mille Miglia. Back in 1938, the teams competing in the BMW 328 secured a majestic sweep of the top places in the 2.0-litre category. Two years on, overall victory would follow courtesy of the BMW 328 Mille Miglia Touring Coupé.
- WHAT IS THE MILLE MIGLIA?Numerous attempts have been made to answer the question 'What exactly is the Mille Miglia?' and the responses have been carefully considered and contemplated. Many of the answers are more than valid, as they involve a Red Arrow race that encompasses a multitude of shades, facets and colors.
- Auctions America's Auburn Fall Weekend Offers Outstanding Collection Of Mr. Edward Ewing At No Reserve• Auctions America's Auburn Fall weekend to offer the noted collection of Mr. Edward Ewing at no reserve
• A Labor Day weekend tradition, sale held annually during the world-famous Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival
• Additional early highlights include select automobiles from several respected priv
- Mugello to become a hotspot for classic Mini fansMunich/Scarperia. The classic Mini is a legend on four wheels, and its fans are loyal and love to travel. This year they will be getting together in the northern Italian province of Mugello for the 2013 International Mini Meeting (IMM). A tradition-steeped event held first in 1978 and then at
- St. Louis Classic & Exotic Car AuctionOver 300 vintage cars on the block at the St. Louis Classic & Exotic Car Auction to be held in St. Louis, MO on May 31st and June 1st, 2013
ST. LOUIS – More than 300 classic and exotic vehicles will be on the block at the St. Louis Classic & Exotic Car Auction, Friday May 31st and S
- Spectacular 1936 Delahaye Type 135 Competition Court Coupe and 1969 Ford GT40 MKI take Best in Show at the Concours d'Elegance of TexasHouston, Texas. May 17, 2013. Last weekend, the award winning La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas, played host to the biggest celebration of vintage motoring in Texas, welcoming thousands of visitors through its doors for The Houston Classic Weekend and 2nd annual Concours d'El
- TOYOTA'S PRIUS V AND AVALON ON KELLEY BLUE BOOK'S LIST OF 10 BEST FAMILY CARSTORRANCE, Calif., (May 16, 2013) –The editors of Kelley Blue Book (www.Kbb.com) selected the 2013 Prius v and the 2013 Avalon for their list of 10 Best Family Cars. The list is compiled annually by KBB.com editors to highlight vehicles that address unique family specifications and situations,
- 2014 SUBARU FORESTER ACES TOUGH NEW CRASH TEST; EARNS NEW IIHS 2013 TOP SAFETY PICK+ RATING• All-new The 2014 Subaru Forester is the first vehicle to ace every aspect of the challenging small overlap front crash test conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
• Forester is also the only small SUVs to earn an overall rating of good in the test
Cherry Hill, N.J., -
- One In A Million: Toledo Assembly Complex Marks Production Of One-Millionth Jeep Wrangler JkMay 17, 2013 , Toledo, Ohio - The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most iconic vehicles in the world and today the one-millionth JK model rolled off the assembly line at Chrysler Group's Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Complex. Chrysler executives, plant employees, UAW representatives and supplier partners
- NEALE BAYLY RIDES: PERU TAKES DOCTOR, ENTREPRENEUR & 'WHISKEY PRIEST' ON EXTREME MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE WITH A PURPOSEWoodcliff Lake, NJ – May 17, 2013...Motorcycle journalist Neale Bayly has explored much of the world on little more than two wheels, visiting 45 countries in 35 years, many of them at the helm of adventure-seeking expeditions. But this ride will be different.
Leading an eclectic group of
- HYUNDAI GENESIS LEADS CATEGORY IN STRATEGIC VISION'S 2013 TOTAL QUALITY INDEXCOSTA MESA, Calif., May 16, 2013 – The 2013 Hyundai Genesis sedan was named Best-in-Segment (tied with the Audi A4), topping the near-luxury car category in Strategic Vision's 2013 Total Quality Index® (TQI). Overall, Hyundai Motor Corporation tied for third place with General Motors Corporat
- CHRYSLER GROUP LLC'S SRT (STREET AND RACING TECHNOLOGY) BRAND KICKS OFF THIRD CONSECUTIVE 2013 SRT TOUR◾First 2013 SRT Tour stop kicked off May 9-12 at American Le Mans Series in Monterey, Calif.
◾The 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Chrysler 300 SRT8 along with 2014 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT vehicles to be on display
◾The all-new 2013 SRT Viper on display at select locations
- GM JOINS CENTER FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH AT STANFORDPALO ALTO, Calif. – General Motors is joining the Center for Automotive Research at Stanford University, its latest effort to mine the best and brightest ideas and recruit top students studying toward careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
Mary Barra, GM senior vice presiden
- HYUNDAI MARKETING RECOGNIZED AT 2013 EX AWARDSCOSTA MESA, Calif., May 17, 2013 – Hyundai took home a 2013 Ex Award, the world's largest recognition program for event marketing professionals, for Hyundai's Show Your Loyalty campaign. It received the highest honor in its category – Best Activation of a Sports Sponsorship – beating out Alls
- Race Preview: X Games BarcelonaThe first round of the Global Rallycross season at X Games Foz do Iguacu saw surprises at every corner, resulting in a series newcomer taking the win and many new drivers scoring strong finishes. Now, the drivers and teams of the sport attempt to get into a rhythm for the rest of the year as they en
- Ferrari Challenge Europe Rolls Into The Czech Republic For Round TwoFerrari Challenge Czech's in to Brno
Brno, - The Ferrari Challenge Europe rolls into Brno in the Czech republic this weekend for the second round of the championship.
Local interest will be provided by Scuderia Praha lead driver and dealer principal Robert Pergl (No.11), who will compet
- 2013 Monaco Grand Prix - PreviewFormula One's most famous race, the Monaco Grand Prix, takes place around the streets of the principality on Sunday 26 May for the 71st time.
◾ Just three of the past 30 Monaco Grands Prix have been won by a car starting outside the top three
◾ The race has a very high 80% risk of Safety Car int
- GM FOUNDATION PLEDGES $500,000 TO HELP VICTIMS OF TEXAS TORNADOESDETROIT – The General Motors Foundation is pledging $500,000 to Habitat for Humanity to help victims of the recent tornadoes in five Texas counties. The funds will be used to help restore neighborhoods devastated by Wednesday's storms.
'Helping Texas residents rebuild and repair their home
- THE HORSE WHISPERER – TYRED AND EMOTIONALThese are difficult times for people with poor memories. Maybe it's because of the huge amount of information available today that people are too quick to talk, forgetting things that happened pretty much in the recent past. Or maybe the brain cells that control memory only operate selectively, depe
- Ferrari Tribute To 1000 Miglia: Wet Start Of The 4Th Edition60 years after Giannino Marzotto's victory at the 1000 Miglia in 1953, Ferrari is back at the famous event with 74 teams taking part in the Ferrari Tribute to 1000 Miglia. Historical cars like the 330 GT 2+2 and modern GTs like the powerful F12 are driving through Italy on a trip where tradition mee
- Gené At The Shell Eco-Marathon: 'A Good Chance To Focus On The Earth'Rotterdam, 16 May – The partnership between Shell and Ferrari is not just about petrol and oils but something more because the two companies share so many values – among them an interest in the ever more crucial theme of environmental sustainability.
This was clearly seen last week at Mara
- FORD ESCAPE, FUSION ACCELERATE ‘SUPER SEGMENT' SHARE GAINS◾Ford retail market share to date in the 'super segment,' the combined subcompact, compact, midsize sedan and small utility segment, is up 28 percent, compared to a 9 percent overall industry gain
◾Fusion and Escape retail sales volumes increasing fastest in coastal states – Fusion sales up 60 perc
- CHRYSLER GROUP'S WCM ACADEMY TAKES TOP HONORS IN MANUFACTURING LEADERSHIP AWARD COMPETITIONMay 16, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC's World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Academy received top honors in the 2013 Manufacturing Leadership 100 (ML100) Awards, being named a High Achiever in the New Workforce category at the Manufacturing Leadership Summit award gala in West Pa
- Introducing The Porsche 918 SpyderThe 918 Spyder embodies the essence of the Porsche idea: it combines pedigree motor racing technology with excellent everyday utility, and maximum performance with minimum consumption. The task faced by the development team was to create the super sports car for the next decade with a highly efficient and powerful hybrid drive. Developing the car from scratch, appropriately beginning with a sheet of white paper, allowed the team to come up with a no-compromise concept. The entire car was designed around the hybrid drive. The 918 Spyder therefore demonstrates the potential of the hybrid drive to a degree never seen before: the parallel improvement of both efficiency and performance without one being at the cost of the other. This is the idea that has made the Porsche 911 the most successful sports car in the world for 50 years. In short, the 918 Spyder will act as the gene pool for the Porsche sports cars of the future.
- Mercedes-Benz S-ClassWith the three engineering priorities 'Intelligent Drive', 'Efficient Technology' and 'Essence of Luxury', the new S-Class extends the boundaries of technology on many levels. The S-Class is not just a technological spearhead for Mercedes-Benz but for automotive development as a whole.
As with every generation before it, the customers expect the new S-Class to set standards across the board to retain its accolade as 'the best automobile in the world'. Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars:
- Mitsubishi Motors to Enter a Pair of All-New MiEV Evolution II All-Electric Racecars in 2013 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC)Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will compete in the 2013 edition of the world-famous Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) to be held on June 30, 2013 with a pair of all-new MiEV Evolution II all-electric four-wheel drive (4WD) prototype racecars.
With the upgraded all-new MiEV Evolution II, MMC has set its sights on an outright victory in this legendary American race.
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. announces new version of the gaming classic Gran Turismo®: Three of the latest AMG vehicles celebrate their digital premiere in Gran Turismo® 6With the combined power of more than 1400 hp, Mercedes-Benz is taking to the starting grid of Gran Turismo® 6 with three of its latest models. All set to provide pure excitement and fascination in the new version of the gaming classic for the PlayStation®3 are three high-performance vehicles from AM
- 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Awarded Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) TOP SAFETY PICK+Cypress, California, May 16, 2013 --
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is honored to learn that the company's best-selling model – the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport compact crossover vehicle – has today been named a 2013 'Top Safety Pick+' award winner by the Insurance Institut
- Aston Martin Set To Take Nürburgring 24 Hours By Storm◾Debut of Aston Martin Bilstein Vantage GT3 at the Nordschleife
◾Hybrid Hydrogen Rapide S set to make history with zero CO2 emission lap
◾Close-to-production V12 Vantage targets class honours
Aston Martin heads to the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nürburgring (N24) in Germany this weekend (18-20 May)
- ELMS - 9 FERRARI'S HEAD FOR HOME RACE IN IMOLAMaranello 16 May - The second round of the European Le Mans Series (ELMS) arrives at Imola this weekend and nine Ferrari 458 will take to the grid.
By far the most popular car in the GTE category is the 458, Ram Racing have entered two cars for Silverstone pole sitters Johnny Mowlem and Matt Gri
- Honda To Participate In The Fia Formula One World Championship05/16/2013 - TOKYO, Japan
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced its decision to participate in the FIA Formula One (F1) World Championship from the 2015 season under a joint project with McLaren, the UK-based F1 corporation.
Honda will be in charge of the development, manufacture and supp
- Bangkok Revealed As Candidate City For FIA Formula E ChampionshipBANGKOK (May 16, 2013) - Thailand's capital Bangkok today joined the list of candidate cities bidding to host the new FIA Formula E Championship. The announcement came during a special event held to demonstrate the innovation of racing technology in Thailand, attended by the Pol.Maj.Gen Latta
- Global Rallycross To Race At X Games BarcelonaLos Angeles, Calif. (May 16, 2013) – After an action-packed season opener four weekends ago, Global Rallycross continues its 2013 season at X Games Barcelona on Sunday, May 19. Fans looking to catch all the action can tune into exclusive rallycross coverage at 10:00 AM ET on ESPN.
- Audi Goes To Le Mans Aerodynamically Optimized◾Aerodynamic efficiency has clearly increased in 15 years
◾Micro-tube radiator optimizes airflow of Audi R18 e-tron quattro
◾Many losses caused by the regulations have been compensated for
Ingolstadt, May 16, 2013 – Five more weeks until the Le Mans 24 Hours celebrates its 90th anniversa
- Volkswagen Builds New Plant In Changsha, South-Central China◾Planned annual capacity of 300,000 vehicles
Wolfsburg/Beijing, May 16, 2013: Today's groundbreaking marked the beginning of construction work on the new Volkswagen vehicle plant in Changsha in the province of Hunan, south-central China. The factory is being built in cooperation with the C
- GMC PICKUPS 101: BUSTING MYTHS OF TRUCK AERODYNAMICS2014 Sierra gains fuel economy, quietness from time in wind tunnel
DETROIT – The all-new 2014 Sierra full-size pickup truck spent more development time in a wind tunnel than any GMC pickup before it, resulting in design changes that benefit both fuel efficiency and interior quietn
- Gumball 3000 Makes History By Going Carbon NeutralLondon, 16 May 2013 – One of the world's most famous and glamorous super car rallies, Gumball 3000, makes history this weekend by going 'carbon neutral' in what is its 15th anniversary year.
CNI UK has partnered with Gumball 3000 to offset the organisation's green house gas emissions for
- NISSAN PATHFINDER AND ALTIMA NAMED TO KELLEY BLUE BOOK'S 10 BEST FAMILY CARS LISTNASHVILLE, Tenn. – The reinvented 2013 Nissan Pathfinder was named to the top spot on the list of 10 Best Family Cars of 2013 from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com today. The 2013 Nissan Altima also made this year's cut of KBB.com's top family-friendly vehicles. Each year, editors at Kelley Blue Bo
- BIG NAMES LOOK TO IMPROVE IN STANDINGS AFTER ROUGH SEASON OPENERWhat do Tanner Foust, Travis Pastrana, and Liam Doran have in common, besides being former X Games gold medalists?
All failed to finish the season opener at X Games Foz do Iguacu, leaving them over 10 points behind current championship leader Scott Speed.
They weren't the only ones, either; fu
- FORD EMPOWERS MAKERS TO INNOVATE ON TECHSHOP TOUR WITH OPEN XC; JUDGES NAMED FOR FUEL EFFICIENCY APP CHALLENGE◾Ford announces six more dates for makers, hackers and developers to learn about its open-source OpenXC connectivity platform at TechShop locations around the United States
◾TechShop CEO Mark Hatch, Ford Chief Technical Officer Paul Mascarenas and Ford Senior Technical Leader Venkatesh Prasad are t
- AMERICA CELEBRATES 1 MILLION FANS ON FACEBOOK WITH CREATIVE FAN VIDEO(MAHWAH, N.J.) - May 16, 2013 - Land Rover North America continues to make its mark in the digital space with its recent accomplishment on Facebook - hitting one million fans in just under three years of being active. To celebrate, the brand has created a video with Facebook fan-submitted pho
- HYUNDAI VEHICLES NOW INCLUDE THREE YEARS OF COMPLIMENTARY ASSURANCE CONNECTED CARE SERVICESafety and Car Care Features Standard on All Blue Link-Equipped Models
COSTA MESA, Calif., May 16, 2013 – Starting today, all new Blue Link-equipped Hyundai vehicles will come standard with three years of complimentary Assurance Connected Care service. Announced at the 2013 New Yo
- MAZDA AWARDS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2013 YFU JAPAN PROGRAMWASHINGTON, D.C., May 16, 2013 - The Mazda Foundation is pleased to announce the six recipients of the Mazda scholarships to the 2013 Youth For Understanding (YFU) international high school exchange program in Japan. The scholarship winners will spend six weeks this summer living with host fa
- VOLVO CAR GROUP ALMOST DOUBLES PRODUCTION OF THE INNOVATIVE V60 PLUG-IN HYBRIDThe success of the world's first diesel plug-in hybrid, the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid, continues. Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) is now ramping up production by 90 per cent, just to keep up with the demand.
The increased demand, especially in Holland, Belgium and Italy, means that the Plug-in Hybrid
- RENAULT SIGNS WITH SPARK RACING TECHNOLOGY AND FORMULA E HOLDINGS AS TECHNICAL PARTNER IN THE FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIPRenault SAS, leader of Electric Vehicle and expert in motorsport, has signed on as official Technical Partner of Spark Racing Technology to supply the Formula E cars to be entered in the FIA Formula E Championship.
The agreement was signed by Patrice Ratti, Renault Sport Technologies Managing Dir
- JOHNSON CONTROLS ELECTS KIM METCALF-KUPRES CHIEF MARKETING OFFICERMILWAUKEE, May 15, 2013 - Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, today announced that Kim Metcalf-Kupres has been elected to the newly-created position of vice president and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). She will report to Alex Molinaroli, v
- Double Duties For Massa In MaranelloMaranello, 15 May – Felipe Massa was working in Maranello today. The Brazilian tackled a session in the simulator as part of the preparations for the Monaco Grand Prix, which is Felipe's second home race, as he and his family live just a stone's throw from the track. Felipe also took the oppo
- Tesla Motors Announces Offerings Of Common Stock And Convertible Senior NotesPalo Alto, CA – May 15, 2013 — Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced today offerings of 2,703,027 shares of common stock and $450 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2018 in concurrent underwritten registered public offerings. In addition, Tesla has grante
- NISSAN AND PLAYSTATION ANNOUNCE BIGGEST EVER GT ACADEMY PROGRAMLONDON and PARIS - Nissan and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe have revealed that the innovative GT Academy competition will return for a fifth season. GT Academy 2013 will be the biggest yet, with more countries than ever before participating and the online gaming element of the competitio
- BMW PININFARINA GRAN LUSSO COUPÉ. CONSUMMATE ELEGANCEAt the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2013, two tradition-steeped car manufacturers – the BMW Group and Pininfarina – will be straddling the automotive past and future as they unveil the result of their debut cooperation to the global public on 24 May: the BMW Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé.
Together they have created the embodiment of sheer elegance.
- Dodge Introduces New 2013 Dodge Dart Special Edition PackagesDodge today announced that two new 2013 Dodge Dart 'Special Edition' packages and a new Rallye Appearance Group are available in Dodge dealerships across the Únited States. These new packages, available on SXT and Limited models, combine features and content both exclusive to the segment and most frequently ordered by Dart customers.
Loaded with innovative technology, class-leading safety features and clever functionality, the 2013 Dodge Dart sets a new standard in the compact-car segment by offering unmatched personalization, roominess, style, functionality and fun-to-drive dynamics. And with the addition of the new Special Edition packages, even more distinctive style and value is available for compact car customers who are looking for the roominess of a mid-size car.
- RAM TRUCK BRAND AWARDS SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING TO FUTURE FARMERS OF AMERICA MEMBERSMay 14, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - As part of a long-standing partnership with the National Future Farmers of America Organization (FFA), the Ram Truck brand is funding nearly 80 scholarships to FFA members across the country. The Ram Truck brand has awarded approximately $600,000 in schola
- U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT TAPS TRUECAR AS EXCLUSIVE PROVIDER OF USED CAR TRADE-IN VALUATIONWashington, D.C. and Santa Monica, Calif. (May 13, 2013) — U.S. News & World Report, a multi-platform publisher of news and analysis, announced that it has expanded its relationship with TrueCar, Inc., an automotive pricing information and analysis company that helps create a better buying ex
- Hyundai Reveals All-New Assurance Connected Care Campaign Featuring Remixed Bob Marley TrackStephen Marley's Remix of 'Three Little Birds' is the Anthem for Hyundai's New Campaign
COSTA MESA, Calif., May 14, 2013 – Building on its tradition of supporting innovation in music, Hyundai today unveils a new campaign for Assurance Connected Care with an all-new remix of 'Three
- Springtime In MaranelloMaranello, 13 May – Spring has finally sprung in Maranello! That's not just a meteorological observation, even if the sun shone brightly during the traditional Ferrari flag raising ceremony over the Scuderia Ferrari entrance gates, which follows every race win. Above all though it's an awaren
- 'DRIVING THE NEXT MOVEMENT' - BMW GROUP CAMPAIGN FOR A REVOLUTION IN MOBILITYBMW Group pioneers a new direction with BMW i
Munich. With BMW i, the BMW Group is providing answers to the economic and environmental challenges of a changing world. The new international campaign highlights famous, historically-significant revolutions and draws a similarity to the pioneering ch
- BMW GROUP SETS COURSE FOR A SUCCESSFUL FUTUREFurther investment in new technologies and markets
BMW Group reaffirms targets for full year 2013
Munich. The BMW Group is paving the way for continued success in the future with a high level of expenditure on new technologies and models and investments in its production network. 'In th
- Bentley To Bring Its Style Inside• New partnership announced with Club House Italia
• Development begins on 'Bentley Home Collection'
• Fine furnishings for home, executive and office interiors
(Crewe, 14th May 2013). Bentley is delighted to announce a partnership with Club House Italia for the development of its new Bent
- EUROPEAN LE MANS SERIES 2013 – ROUND 2: 3 HOURS OF IMOLAALPINE AND NELSON PANCIATICI ON A FORWARD MOMENTUM!
The competitors of the European Le Mans Series will race in the second challenge of the season in Italy, on the Autodromo Enzo & Dino Ferrari in Imola, where the Alpine A450 is among the favourites. With a best time in the official ELMS t
- DEMAND FOR BESPOKE PERSONALISATION DRIVES THE ROLLS-ROYCE SUCCESS STORYNearly every Rolls-Royce Phantom and almost three in four Rolls-Royce Ghosts sold around the world are commissioned with Bespoke personalisation. And customer demand for the world's pinnacle automotive tailoring service has helped drive the marque towards three consecutive record sales years.
- Ram Truck, RCH Racing Team Up for MotocrossBroc Tickle to Campaign RCH Racing Suzuki in 12-Round Series
May 15, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Ram Truck and SRT Motorsports today announced they have partnered with RCH (Ricky Carmichael and Carey Hart) Racing to field a team in the 2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctione
- SUBARU PUMA RALLYCROSS TEAM READY TO LAUNCH AT X GAMES BARCELONA• Bucky Lasek, Dave Mirra and Sverre Isachsen return to pilot their 2013 Subaru PUMA WRX STI's
• Round 2 of Global RallyCross will air LIVE on ESPN at 10 a.m. ET, Sunday, May 19th
Cherry Hill, N.J., - The Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team will kick off its 2013 season with a three-car effort t
- Mont Ventoux In ‘Pikes Peak' ModePeugeot Sport chose Mont Ventoux, one of the most legendary stages of the famous Tour de France cycle race, as the setting for its final full-scale dress rehearsal in France before its fast-approaching journey to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. The barren mountain in the south of France provid
- NISSAN MOTORSPORT V8 SUPERCAR DRIVERS VISIT THE BIRTHPLACE OF THE ALTIMA IN TENNESSEE- Nissan Motorsport factory V8 Supercar drivers Todd Kelly, Rick Kelly and Michael Caruso visit Nissan manufacturing facility in Smyrna, Tennessee – 'birthplace of the Altima'
- Drivers in the US ahead of history-making Austin 400 at Circuit of the Americas in Texas
- Nissan Altima road car on-sal
- BMW PININFARINA GRAN LUSSO COUPÉ. CONSUMMATE ELEGANCEMunich. At the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2013, two tradition-steeped car manufacturers – the BMW Group and Pininfarina – will be straddling the automotive past and future as they unveil the result of their debut cooperation to the global public on 24 May: the BMW Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé.
- TAG HEUER SIGNS MAJOR GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP WITH FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIPLONDON (May 15, 2013) - TAG Heuer, the world's number one manufacturer of luxury timepieces inspired by sport, has signed on as Official Timekeeper, Official Watch and Chronograph and Founding Partner of the FIA Formula E Championship.
The agreement was signed at TAG Heuer's headquarters in La Ch
- Jaguar Land Rover Opens New Hot Climate Engineering Testing Center In Dubai(DUBAI) - May 12, 2013 -Jaguar Land Rover has opened a new engineering test center in Dubai, UAE to conduct extreme hot weather vehicle research, development, and testing. With temperatures in the desert typically reaching 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months, Dubai is an ideal hot cli
- Celebrating A Milestone At Porsche: 100,000Th Panamera Leaves The FactorySuccess story based on innovative power and teamwork
Stuttgart / Leipzig. The Porsche plant in Leipzig, Germany, is producing the 100,000th Panamera today. Back in 2009, the decision to produce this new Porsche model series and manufacture the first customer vehicle started a succe
- Nissan Leaf Crosses 25,000 U.S. Sales MilestoneNASHVILLE, Tenn. – After the all-electric Nissan LEAF's best sales month ever in March and a 423.5 percent year-over-year sales increase in April, Nissan LEAF continues to make history by crossing the 25,000 sales threshold, reinforcing LEAF's position as the world's best-selling electric veh
- BMW GROUP DESIGNWORKS USA AND ADAIA EMBARK ON A JOINT ADVENTURE.Munich / Los Angeles. BMW Group DesignworksUSA, a subsidiary of BMW Group, and mobile company ADAIA today announced a creative collaboration and partnership. On behalf of ADAIA and with outdoor enthusiasts in mind seeking perfect mobile reception on their expeditions, DesignworksUSA is creati
- KOOL & THE GANG TO HEADLINE NISSAN CANTON VEHICLE ASSEMBLY PLANT'S 10TH ANNIVERSARY EVENTCANTON, Miss. - On Saturday, May 25, Nissan celebrates 10 years of manufacturing vehicles in Canton and invites the community - a major contributor to its success - to come out to the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jackson and enjoy a special musical performance by Grammy-winning R&B band
- AAA INSPECTORS SELECT FAVORITE HISTORIC RESTAURANTSRestaurants steeped in notable origins offer dining options rich in history and flavor
ORLANDO, Fla., May 15, 2013 - As Memorial Day approaches, bringing the start of the summer travel season, many Americans look for ways to connect with our nation's history during getaways and ge
- DOMENICALI: 'A WIN WITHOUT IFS OR BUTS'Maranello, 14 May – Good traditions are always upheld and there is no exception to that rule at Maranello. That's why, after yesterday's flag raising, today it was time for the buffet with the men and women of the Scuderia, who all gathered together in the Logistics building to celebrate Fern
- ZIPCAR LAUNCHES IN THE CITY OF LAKES; MINNEAPOLIS BECOMES ZIPCAR'S 21ST MAJOR METRO MARKETZipcar Brings Cost-Effective, Reliable and Convenient Transportation Options to Minneapolis Residents, Visitors and Businesses
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 15, 2013 - Zipcar, Inc., the world's leading car sharing network, with the support of Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, today announced
- BORGWARNER EXPANDS COOPERATION WITH JAGUAR LAND ROVERBorgWarner Will Build New Production Line and Engineering Center in Bradford, UK, and Establish Master's Degree Program at Local University
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., May 15, 2013 - BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) will provide its leading turbocharging technologies for Jaguar Land Rover's (JLR's
- BOSCH CONTINUES GROWTH PATH IN NORTH AMERICA- Regional business results
- Automotive and Industrial Sectors Boost 2012 Sales
- Bosch 2012 sales in North America up 8.1 percent to $10.6 billion USD
- Near double-digit sales growth expected in 2013
- Bosch aligns into four business sectors: Automotive Technology, Industrial Technology, Cons
- REVENUES FOR Q1 2013 UP 6.3% TO €372 MILLIONCompared to Q1 2012:
- Increase in revenues (+6.3% to €371.9 million)
- Good margin performance:
- EBITDA +10.2% to €47.3 million;
EBIT +9.3% to €26.1 million
- Net investments for the quarter amounted to €37.6 million
- Net financial debt was €344.6
Alberto Bombassei: 'In the first quarter
- Af Corse To Take Part In Asian Le Mans Series With 458GtMaranello, 14 May – AF Corse will tackle a quartet of races in Asia, as the team is to compete in the 2013 Asian Le Mans Series. The 458 GT3 from the Amato Ferrari-run team will be entrusted to an Italo-Australian team made up of Andrea Bertolini, Michele Rugolo and Steve Wyatt, who will race in the
- FRENCH RACING STAR ROMAIN DUMAS WILL BE BACK ON PIKES PEAK AGAIN THIS YEAR AND HE'S GOT HIS EYES ON A NEW RECORDColorado Springs, May 14----------The two fastest auto drivers in the history of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb will square off directly against each other in the prestigious Unlimited Division during the 91st edition of the Race To The Clouds on June 30.
Last year, French racing
- Auctions America's Highly Successful Auburn Spring Weekend Attracts Global InterestAuctions America continued its 2013 season this past weekend with its annual Auburn Spring collector car weekend at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana. The highly successful auction, which included automobiles, motorcycles and memorabilia, generated more than $5.7 million* in total sales with over 77 percent of all lots sold. Bringing together the collector car community to celebrate all things automotive, bidders hailed from seven countries around the world and 38 states across the U.S., with nearly one-third of participants representing new clientele.
- BMW PERFORMANCE DRIVING SCHOOL SETS GUINNESS WORLD DRIFT RECORD WITH BMW M5 SEDANThe legendary BMW M5 Sedan shattered the Guinness World Record for longest sustained drift at the BMW Performance Center near Greenville, South Carolina on Saturday, May 11, 2013, with BMW Performance Center Instructor Johan Schwartz behind the wheel. The record-breaking attempt generated over $20,000 in charitable donations benefitting The BMW Charity Pro-Am.
The M5 exceeded the previous record set in February in Abu Dhabi by 47.71 miles. A total of 322.5 laps were completed around the 841-foot (circumference) Performance Center skid pad, providing a total distance-travelled of 51.278 miles.
- FORD FIESTA EUROPE'S BEST-SELLING SMALL CAR IN FIRST QUARTER OF 2013; NEW FIESTA SOLD EVERY TWO MINUTESThe Ford Fiesta was Europe's best-selling small car in March and for the first three months of 2013, according to the latest figures from the world's leading provider of automotive data and intelligence, JATO Dynamics.*
European customers bought Fiestas at a rate of one every 100 seconds during the first quarter for 2013 – 41,600 in March, and 77,800 total in the first three months of 2013 – 14,000 units more than its nearest rival, according to JATO.
- ICONIC BLOWER BENTLEYS PRIMED FOR MILLE MIGLIA CHALLENGEBentley Motors will compete in this year's Mille Miglia with two unique 4 ½ litre Supercharged 'Blowers'; a 1930 Le Mans race car belonging to perhaps the most famous and daring of the Bentley Boys and a company demonstrator that is still going strong even after nine decades on the road.
The No. 2 Team Car – raced at Le Mans by Captain Tim Birkin – was brought by Bentley Motors in 2000 and has been regularly campaigned across the world by the company ever since.
- Porsche 904The Porsche 904 GTS was Porsche's first foray into fiberglass construction of a production sports car. The 904 was really a dual purpose car that could be raced on weekends and driven on public roads, as this one was. The body is FPR bonded to square tube frame and is a mid-engine configuration. Depending on who was doing the fiberglass lay-up, the cars weighed approximately 1700 pounds and had a top speed of 163 MPH. The one hundred or so 904s were built with the 2-liter, four-cam, four-cylinder engines putting out 180 HP with the street configuration and 198 (DIN) HP in the racing configuration. Several were built with six-cylinder engines and at least one with an eight-cylinder engine.
- Porsche 908Porsche introduced the 908 to the world of sports car racing in 1968. Joining forces with their 907, the new short tail and long tail coupes made for a tight battle as Porsche and Ford fought until the final race of the season at LeMans, before Ford prevailed.
- Porsche 910Designed for endurance racing, the Porsche 910 received its racing baptism and recorded its first success in the European Hillclimb Championship of 1966. The following year, the factory extensively campaigned the 910 in the world's most prestigious endurance races, after which the car became available to privateers. Raced with both six- and eight-cylinder engines, the 910 proved competitive, recording outright victories in Sicily's Targa Florio (910/8) and Germany's 1000-Kilometers of Nurburgring where the 910/6 finished 1-2-3.
- Porsche 917/10After Porsche' all but total dominance of the 1970-1971 Sports Car Endurance Racing Championship season, the international governing body wrote rules that outlawed the breathtaking 230+ mph Porsche 917 prototype coupes. Desperate to retain their preeminent position in sports car racing, Porsche, prompted by their American Motorsports Chief Joe Hoppen, created what was at that time the most powerful road racing car ever built: the 1100 horsepower Porsche 917-10.
Packing the already formidable punch of a Porsche 5.0 liter flat-12, the twin-turbocharged 917/10 roadster was capable of 200+ mph speeds on the short road racing courses of the Canadian-American Challenge Cup, or more commonly, called the Can-Am series.
- The Mercedes Benz S Class: automobile comfort of the highest standardThe history of the Mercedes Benz S Class shows that automobile comfort is far more than just a luxurious ambiance, size and performance. In fact it is far more the intelligent support of the driver and passengers through innovative technical solutions providing answers to current questions and requirements which contribute to the holistic comfort of a vehicle. Added to that is the highest quality of material, design and production. The sum of these factors provides for a perfect mobile location.
The Mercedes Benz S Class and its predecessor model series have always stood for precisely this to a particularly high degree. Even the Mercedes Simplex 60 hp from 1903 documents this high standard of comfort. Emil Jellinek, successful businessman and father of the Mercedes brand's eponym had a long-distance saloon mounted on the chassis of the new top model of the Stuttgart brand for his own personal use. The comfort of the vehicle is not only reflected in the engine output of 60 hp (44 kW) which at the time was a superior achievement, but also in the spacious passenger compartment in which the occupants sat on comfortable seats upholstered with the very finest brocade.
- PORSCHE ON FRONT ROW IN ALMS GT QUALIFYING FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE EVENTNew Long/Core Porsche and Sellers/Team Falken Tire Porsche 2nd and 3rd
Monterey, Calif. - Patrick Long (USA) took the new CORE autosport team Porsche 911 GT3 RSR onto the front row of the grid in qualifying for tomorrow's American Le Mans Series race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Long, who w
- SNOW CLAIMS RACE ONE VICTORY AND FOURTH CONSECUTIVE POLE AT MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECAMonterey, Calif., (May 10, 2013) - The first race of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama at the American Le Mans Monterey presented by Patrón got off to an exciting start this afternoon as the green flag dropped on the 24-car field, and incident on the first lap of competition immediately put a n
- MANAGEMENT RESHUFFLE AT PORSCHE SALES COMPANIES WORLDWIDEStuttgart/Germany. Porsche AG has reassigned responsibilities for important sales regions and subsidiaries of the sports car manufacturer:
Following his successful expansion of the subsidiary in China since 2007 Helmut Bröker is set to take over the leadership of the sales region Overseas
- SZYMCZAK TAKES MAZDA MX-5 CUP RACE ONE AT MAZDA RACEWAYMONTEREY, Calif. (May 10, 2013) – Christian Szymczak, of Palos Verdes, Calif., won Round Three of the SCCA Pro Racing Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup doubleheader at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Elliott Skeer, of Carlsbad, Calif., crossed the line in second, followed by John Dean, of Sebring, Fla.
- Mercedes-Benz launches campaign for its dream cars'Mercedes-Benz dream cars' is a combined concept for the Stuttgart-based manufacturer's sales and marketing activities around its coupé, cabrio and roadster model series. The campaign is currently being rolled out in its core markets. The dream cars include the new E-Class coupe and cabrio models, t
- Pinehurst Concours Economic Impact Approaches $2 MillionVILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (May 13, 2013) – The inaugural Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance and the events surrounding the vintage auto showcase attracted more than 5,000 fans, and its economic impact approached $2 million despite unseasonably cool temperatures the first weekend of May, officials said.
- GM TO SOURCE SMALL CARGO VEHICLE FROM NISSAN FOR U.S., CANADA MARKETSDETROIT and NASHVILLE, Tenn. - General Motors Co. and Nissan announced today the companies have signed an agreement for Nissan to produce a small cargo vehicle that GM will sell in the United States and Canada.
GM will procure the vehicle from Nissan and distribute it through the Chevrolet
- ICONIC BLOWER BENTLEYS PRIMED FOR MILLE MIGLIA CHALLENGEFamous, supercharged Bentleys set for 1,000 mile Italian epic
•'Bentley Boy' Tim Birkin's 1930 Le Mans racer leads charge
•Original Bentley Motors 'demonstrator' completes team
(Crewe, 14 May 2013) Bentley Motors will compete in this year's Mille Miglia with two unique 4 ½ litre Supercharged 'B
- Auctions America's Highly Successful Auburn Spring Weekend Attracts Global Interest• Auctions America generates more than $5.7 million in sales at annual Auburn Spring event, May 9 – 11
• Top-seller: 1930 Packard 745 Dual Cowl Phaeton realizes $198,000
• Auction attracts interest from global audience with one-third of bidders representing new clientele
• Inaugural AACA Central
- ACURA NSX PRODUCTION SITE SELECTED IN OHIO05/14/2013 - MARYSVILLE, Ohio
Acura today announced that the all-new NSX supercar will be produced at a new Performance Manufacturing Center in Ohio, a $70 million advanced production facility encompassing 184,000 square feet to be housed inside Honda's former North American Logistics facili
- CHEVROLET ENTERS SMALL CARGO VAN SEGMENTDETROIT – Chevrolet announced today that it will enter the small cargo van segment with the City Express to meet the demands of customers in an emerging commercial vehicle segment.
The 2015 City Express, Chevrolet's first entry into the small van segment in the U.S. and Canada, joins the full-siz
- NISSAN 370Z NISMO SET TO STAR IN THE 2013 GUMBALL 3000 RALLY IN EUROPE• Next NISMO road car makes dynamic debut
• Team from L'Ecurie and INTERSECTION Magazine to drive car
• Seven-day, 3,000 mile event route goes through 13 countries across Europe
• New Nissan 370Z NISMO features 350-hp engine and bespoke NISMO chassis
• Over one million fans expected to spectate
- BMW PERFORMANCE DRIVING SCHOOL SETS GUINNESS WORLD DRIFT RECORD WITH BMW M5 SEDANWoodcliff Lake, NJ, May 14, 2013… The legendary BMW M5 Sedan shattered the Guinness World Record for longest sustained drift at the BMW Performance Center near Greenville, South Carolina on Saturday, May 11, 2013, with BMW Performance Center Instructor Johan Schwartz behind the wheel. The rec
- FORD FIESTA EUROPE'S BEST-SELLING SMALL CAR IN FIRST QUARTER OF 2013; NEW FIESTA SOLD EVERY TWO MINUTES• New Ford Fiesta was Europe's top-selling small car in March and for the first quarter of 2013, and the second best-selling car in Europe overall, according to figures released by JATO Dynamics*
• European customers purchased a new Fiesta every two minutes as Ford sold more than 41,600 Fiestas in
- BMW TEAM RLL QUALIFIES 5TH AND 8TH FOR ALMS MONTEREYWoodcliff Lake, N.J. – May 10, 2013 . . . BMW Team RLL will start in the fifth and eighth positions in tomorrow's four-hour American Le Mans Monterey race at Laguna Seca, the third round of the 2013 American Le Mans Series.
Maxime Martin, driving the No. 55 Z4 GTE, set his quickest time in
- Daimler Trucks Appoints New Chief Developer- Sven Ennerst to take over responsibility for Daimler Trucks' global development activities on August 1, 2013
- Georg Weiberg will retire after working for Daimler for more than 40 years
- Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, Daimler Board of Management member for Daimler Trucks and Daimler Buses says: 'I wish
- Available now from your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer: Genuine accessories for the new E-ClassStuttgart. The Genuine Accessories range from Mercedes-Benz for the new E-Class Saloon and Estate comprises over 140 high-quality and practical products. The main focus is on advanced multimedia systems and elegant, sporty products from Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment.
Mobility today is abo
- MITSUBISHI MOTORS' JAPANESE-SPEC OUTLANDER RECOGNIZED AS FISCAL YEAR 2012'S TOP SAFETY PERFORMERAmong New Passenger Vehicles in Japan
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announces its all-new Japanese-spec Outlander received the Japan New Car Assessment Program (JNCAP) Five Star Award in addition to the JNCAP First Prize for the 2012 Japanese fiscal year, cementing the SUV as a leade
- 2014 Acura ILXThe 2014 Acura ILX luxury sports sedan goes on sale tomorrow with a host of new standard features, further strengthening the gateway vehicle to the Acura brand. Introduced as an all-new model for the 2013 model year, the 2014 Acura ILX offers increased value on a luxury scale with eight new standard features to enhance its curb appeal, interior comfort and overall driving enjoyment.
The ILX is the only luxury model on the top ten list of Generation Y car shoppers according to J.D. Power and Associates, and the 2014 ILX gets upgraded 17-inch alloy wheels, while the interior receives new leather seating surfaces and leatherette door liners, an eight-way power driver's seat, heated front seats and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera. The ride experience is further enhanced by a new audio-system subwoofer and an Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system that are standard features on the 2014 ILX, which starts at a manufacturer's suggested retail price* (MSRP) of $26,900, an increase of just $1,000.
- The new Peugeot 308:A refined design and an innovative cockpit for unique driving sensationsThe Peugeot designers and engineers have created a hatchback that is audacious, intuitive and modern, to a refined and classy design. Due to the new EMP2 modular platform, the new Peugeot 308 has compact dimensions and reduced weight (-140kg). Its driving experience is top-class and its CO2 emissions create a new benchmark (with a version at less than 85 g/km). A refined interior and innovative instruments and controls (the Peugeot i-cockpit) promise a great driving experience. Its high level of quality, the result of a very ambitious initial design brief, positions the vehicle among the best, embodying Peugeot's move up-market.
- Bravo Señor Räikkönen!F1® Flamenco ends in Spanish silverware for Super-cool Kimi
With a performance that captured the imagination of every motorsport fan around the world yesterday, the Lotus F1® Team rose to the occasion for the fifth round of the FIA 2013 Formula One® World Championship competition that pla
- Mitsubishi Motors' Japanese-Spec Outlander Recognized as Fiscal Year 2012's Top Safety Performer Among New Passenger Vehicles in JapanMitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announces its all-new Japanese-spec Outlander received the Japan New Car Assessment Program (JNCAP) Five Star Award in addition to the JNCAP First Prize for the 2012 Japanese fiscal year, cementing the SUV as a leader in automobile safety.
The JNCAP Five Star A
- Stars Of Film, Fashion, Sport And Motorsport To Drive With Jaguar Heritage Racing In Mille Miglia 2013- Jaguar previews its entry into the 2013 Mille Miglia with short film featuring David Gandy, Yasmin Le Bon, Norman Dewis and Alex Buncombe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEkckuR8E-k&feature=youtu.be
- Jaguar Heritage Racing enters three C-Type and three XK120 classic cars into famous event
- VIDEO REPORT: NISSAN PLANT IN MEXICO POWERED 50% BY RENEWABLE ENERGYToday, 50 percent of the energy used by the Nissan plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico, comes from renewable sources. This is the first manufacturing facility out of the entire Renault-Nissan Alliance to achieve this milestone.
In March, 2012, Nissan signed up with a company outside of Mexico City to
- 2013 Honda Civic Sedan Leads All Small Cars In Safety Ratings With Top Nhtsa And Iihs Crash ScoresHonda brand leads 2013 safety ratings; every Honda model tested for 2013 rated as IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK or TOP SAFETY PICK+
05/09/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
The new 2013 Honda Civic Sedan, the most popular small car among individual buyers, has received the highest possible overall
- Jeep® Brand Receives Three Significant Awards From New England Motor Press Association- Jeep Grand Cherokee 'Official Winter Vehicle of New England' for third consecutive year
- 2011 Grand Cherokee captures Wheels TV 'Previously Owned Vehicle of the Year' award
- Mike Manley, Jeep Brand President and CEO, receives 2013 NEMPA Executive of the Year Award
- 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 named 'B
- THREE GM BUILDINGS TAKE HOME TOP HONORS FROM EPADETROIT – Three General Motors' buildings are being recognized for superior performance in the EPA's 2012 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition: Battle of the Buildings.
Those buildings are:
- Martinsburg (W.Va.) Customer Care and Aftersales was named a Top Water Performer for reducin
- Audi And Volkswagen Announce Grand Opening Of New Manhattan DealershipsAudi and Volkswagen today announced the grand opening of two new flagship dealerships in New York City. The $135 million financing is Audi and Volkswagen's largest investment in a dealership real estate project, and is part of the company's continued growth strategy and operations expansion in the U
- Extensive Partnership Between Volkswagen Group Of America, The Museum Of Modern Art And Moma Ps1 Renewed Through 2015New York City/Wolfsburg - The opening of EXPO 1: New York on May 12 marks the apex of the long-term partnership between Volkswagen Group of America, The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and MoMA PS1. On the occasion of EXPO's opening, Hans Dieter Pötsch, Member of the Board of Directors Volkswagen Group
- Vettel And Coulthard Versus The Sochi CircuitSebastian Vettel, Infiniti's Director of Performance, and David Coulthard drive much of Russia's new Sochi Circuit, which is still under construction, in a pair of Infiniti M cars and give their thoughts and comments ahead of the Krasnodar Krai region's inaugural Grand Prix in 2014.
- Spanish Gp - Promising Validation Work For Alonso And MassaMontmelo 10 May – The Spanish weather improved for the second free practice session on the Barcelona circuit, so that drivers and teams were able to get through their programmes on a completely dry track.
Fernando Alonso was second fastest, with a time of 1.22.825, just 0.017s off the fas
- SPANISH GP - A GOOD STARTMontmelo (Barcelona,) 10 May – The first European event of the Formula 1 World Championship, following on from the opening two sets of back to back races, got off to a wet start in Montmelo. In changing conditions with the track drying out patchily after rain started falling around one hour before t
- GEOFF SYKES TO DRIVE IN NEW GRC LITES CLASSLOS ANGELES, CA, May 9, 2013 – Geoff Sykes, multiple regional and national champion in BMW Club Racing, signed with the Olsbergs MSE team to drive a Supercar Lite rallycross car in the 2013 Global Rallycross season.
'To drive for OMSE is a great step in my racing career' said Sykes. 'We ar
- MOPAR READY FOR RESCHEDULED NHRA SOUTHERN NATIONALS MAY 10-11 IN ATLANTA- Rescheduled due to rain, Mopar ready to get back on track Friday and Saturday at NHRA Southern Nationals in Atlanta
- Allen Johnson accepted awards from the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame and Junior Achievement for his on and off-track accomplishments
- Mopar is second in NHRA points standings in
- 2014 MAZDA6 WINS NEMPA GENE RITVO AWARD FOR DESIGN AND ELEGANCE- MX-5 Miata Wins Favorite Entry-Level Convertible -
WASHINGTON, May 10, 2013 - Last evening, the all-new 2014 Mazda6 was presented with the prestigious Gene Ritvo Award for Design and Elegance from the New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA) in conjunction with Boston's Museum of Fine
- NISSAN FY2012 NET INCOME AT 342.4 BILLION YEN (USD 4.13 BILLION)Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced financial results for the twelve-month period ending March 31, 2013. Nissan faced a range of challenges during fiscal year 2012, yet fourth quarter profitability enabled the company to achieve its full-year net income target. Nissan also generated strong free c
- PORSCHE ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO EXECUTIVE SALES AND OPERATIONS TEAMJoe Lawrence appointed COO at Porsche Cars North America; succeeds Michael Bartsch, who has been named CEO of Porsche Cars Australia
Atlanta. Porsche Cars North America (PCNA), exclusive U.S. importer of Porsche sports cars, the Cayenne SUV and Panamera sports sedan, today announced the ap
- TOYOTA PARTNERS WITH EVSC TO IMPROVE ANNUAL COLLECTION OF 14,000 NETBOOKSLoss of Class Time Cut by 79 Percent, Vast Reduction in Manpower Head Efficiencies
EVANSVILLE, Ind., May 10, 2013 – Janit Market is pleased she can continue teaching her English classes at Central High School with only a brief interruption when student netbooks are collected this
- NISSAN REVEALS LE MANS 24 HOURS NISMO DRIVER LINE-UPReal world of NISMO Connects with the Virtual World of GT Academy
LE MANS, France - NISMO Ambassador and Super GT racer Michael Krumm will join GT Academy winners and NISMO Athletes Lucas Ordonez and Jann Mardenborough at the Le Mans 24 Hours next month.
The three drivers will unite t
- NISSAN APPOINTS SANTIAGO CASTRO AS SALES AND EXPORTS DIRECTOR FOR LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEANMEXICO CITY, Mexico – Nissan announced today the appointment of Santiago Castro as sales and exports director for Nissan Latin America and the Caribbean (NLAC). He will report to Jose Roman, managing director for Nissan Latin America and the Caribbean.
Nissan's Latin America and the Caribbean div
- Lotus Franchise in Southampton Opens Its Doors 18th May 2013Lotus Cars Ltd is proud to announce its partnership with Snows Group, the premier car retailer for England's South Coast.
Trading as Snows Group for over 50 years, 'Lotus Hedge End' now holds the Lotus sales franchise for the Southampton region and adds a significant foothold to the Lot
- Audi Celebrates ‘Truth in Engineering' with New Creative Campaign Debuting this Week• New advertising and marketing campaign celebrates the spirit of bravery and individualism that defines Audi
• 60-Second Spot 'It Couldn't Be Done' premieres on primetime television tonight
• Four 15-second television spots also debut beginning today
Audi of America today debuts a new advertis
- BMW TEAM RLL FINISHES THIRD AT ALMS MONTEREY; MÜLLER TAKES GT DRIVER POINTS LEADWoodcliff Lake, N.J. – May 11, 2013 . . . Dirk Müller and John Edwards, driving the No. 56 BMW Z4 GTE, scored a third place finish in today's four-hour American Le Mans Monterey race. A second consecutive podium finish for the No. 56 machine and a win for the No. 55 car at Long Beach in only
- SPANISH GP - A TEAM VICTORYStefano Domenicali: 'I am really happy with this great team result! We did a great job, both here at the track and back in Maranello. It was a very tense race, in which the slightest little detail could make a big difference. On this front, we read the race very well, when one considers how tyre man
- BMW GROUP POSTS BEST EVER APRIL GLOBAL SALES- 155,419 vehicles sold last month, an increase of 6.8%
- Highest sales in first four months with 603,619 vehicles
- Strong gains in Asia and the Americas
Munich. The BMW Group continued on its successful course in April with an increase of 6.8% in sales. A total of 155,419 (prev. yr. 145,541)
- Strategic Vision: Ford Fusion, Ford F-250/F-350 Are Quality LeadersThe 2013 Ford Fusion and 2013 Ford F-250/F-350 are No. 1 in their segments in Strategic Vision's 18th annual Total Quality Index™ study. Fusion is Total Quality winner among midsize sedans and F-250/F-350 tops the heavy-duty pickup truck segment for Total Quality. Research consultants for more than
- GM's New Enterprise Data Center Transforms Global ITPrivate cloud supports super-computing, integration of design-build-sell operations
General Motors today unveiled a state-of-the-art $130-million enterprise data center that will serve as the computing backbone for the automaker's vast global operations. The center, benchmarked against the
- JAGUAR UNVEILS GLOBAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN TO LAUNCH THE F-TYPE- Jaguar F-TYPE arrives in U.S. retailers this month, starting at $69,000*
- Primary spots focus on F-TYPE's visceral impact
- Jaguar North America launches social media campaign, #MyTurnToJag, engaging consumers with the opportunity to experience the all-new F-TYPE
- U.S. campaign extensions inc
- Volvo Car Group Starts Production Of A New Engine FamilyVolvo Car Group is now starting production of the first engine variants in the new, high-efficiency four-cylinder engine family. The development and production take place in-house at Volvo Car Group and form a vital part of the company's strategy for independence.
The strategy of four-cylinder pe
- FOUR DODGE AND CHRYSLER VEHICLES EARN 'BEST 2013 TOTAL QUALITYTM' HONORS- Dodge Dart leads highly competitive small-car segment in Total Quality
- Chrysler Town & Country owners give it highest marks in minivan segment
- Dodge Durango score tops medium-SUV segment
- Chrysler 200 Convertible is best convertible under $30,000
May 13, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. [/
- NISSAN ALTIMA A FAMILIAR SIGHT FOR AMERICAN RACE FANS AS V8 SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP MAKES STATESIDE DEBUT- Nissan Altima a strong seller, familiar model in the United States auto market
- Nissan Motorsport excited about Austin 400 at Circuit of The Americas in Texas this weekend – the first V8 Supercars Championship event held in the USA
- Nissan Motorsport driver audio grabs previewing the Austin 40
- MILLE MIGLIA: MERCEDES-BENZ AS MAIN AUTOMOTIVE SPONSOR- Green light given for long-term partnership
- Another brand ambassador at Mille Miglia 2013: Marcel Tiemann
Mercedes-Benz is the main automotive sponsor of Mille Miglia. The corresponding agreement was reached between Mercedes-Benz Classic and 1000 Miglia S.R.L. in Brescia (Italy), with the ai
- BREMBO CIRCUIT IDENTITY CARDS FOR MOTOGP AT FRENCH GRAND PRIX (LE MANS)What's the 'toughest' track in MotoGP?
Brembo Circuit Identity Cardsfor MotoGP are available to the public on the Friday before each race at www.Brembo.com.
Each Circuit Identity Card graphic includes general characteristics of the track itself (layout, length, number of braking events and tur
- MITCHELL DEJONG READY TO ADD TO IMPRESSIVE RESUME IN GRC LITESHe may only be a teenager, but don't let his age fool you—Mitchell DeJong is one of the top young talents in American motorsport.
With nine championships in the past six years, including his first professional title in the Pro Buggy class of the TORC Series just last year, DeJong already has a re
- RED BULL IS FOURTH AND FIFTH AS ALONSO REIGNS IN SPAINSebastian Vettel retained his lead in the fight for the Formula One Drivers' Championship with fourth place at the Spanish Grand Prix, while Mark Webber improved from seventh at the start to a well-deserved fifth place.
After qualifying third, Seb made a great start to pass Lewis Hamilton for sec
- WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES TOWABLES ANNOUNCES NEW 24/7 PREMIUM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMFOREST CITY, Iowa, May 13, 2013 - Winnebago Industries, Inc. ®, (NYSE: WGO), a leading United States (U.S.) recreation vehicle manufacturer, has announced a new 24/7 Premium Roadside Assistance Program for Winnebago Industries Towables.
Beginning on the new 2014 Winnebago and SunnyBrook m
- Nissan Reports European Sales In April- Crossover pioneer reinforces the demand for Strong, Quality Products in Western Europe
- Top models Qashqai, Juke and Note continue to fuel sales pipeline
- Innovative all-electric Nissan LEAF sales accelerate
- Market Share April 2013 - 3.1% : Year to Date 3.85%
ROLLE, Switzerland -
- FORD FUTURIST HONORED AMONG FAST COMPANY'S 100 MOST CREATIVE BUSINESS PEOPLE FOR 2013- Sheryl Connelly, Ford's global trends and futuring expert, is the only member of the automotive industry named to Fast Company's Top 100 Most Creative People in Business for 2013, and the first woman from the auto industry to make the annual list
- Connelly explores trends up to 20 years in the f
- AUDI CELEBRATES ‘TRUTH IN ENGINEERING' WITH NEW CREATIVE CAMPAIGN DEBUTING THIS WEEK- New advertising and marketing campaign celebrates the spirit of bravery and individualism that defines Audi
- 60-Second Spot 'It Couldn't Be Done' premieres on primetime television tonight
- Four 15-second television spots also debut beginning today
Audi of America today debuts a new advertis
- BMW GROUP POSTS BEST EVER APRIL GLOBAL SALES- 155,419 vehicles sold last month, an increase of 6.8%
- Highest sales in first four months with 603,619 vehicles
- Strong gains in Asia and the Americas
Munich. The BMW Group continued on its successful course in April with an increase of 6.8% in sales. A total of 155,419 (prev. yr. 145,541)
- MYENERGI LIFESTYLE CONTEST OFFERS HOME ENERGY MAKEOVER, FORD C-MAX ENERGI – FEATURED ON ‘KATIE' SHOW- Ford-led MyEnergi Lifestyle® retrofit contest demonstrates how a typical American family can achieve energy and cost savings by easily moving to an energy-efficient lifestyle
- National contest now open and runs through June 9. Winner to receive a package that includes a Ford C-MAX Energi – Ameri
- NEW SURVEY FROM YOURTANGO AND FORD: COUPLE TIME IN THE CAR EQUALS LOVE ON THE ROAD- 2013 Love on the Road survey from YourTango.com and Ford Motor Company reveals the impact road trips can have on strengthening couples' relationships
- Togetherness in the car is conducive to some of the most meaningful conversations, sharing affection, enjoying quality time, and having fun and a
- STRATEGIC VISION: FORD FUSION, FORD F-250/F-350 ARE QUALITY LEADERSThe 2013 Ford Fusion and 2013 Ford F-250/F-350 are No. 1 in their segments in Strategic Vision's 18th annual Total Quality Index™ study. Fusion is Total Quality winner among midsize sedans and F-250/F-350 tops the heavy-duty pickup truck segment for Total Quality. Research consultants for more than
- EDWARDS FINISHES SEVENTH AT DARLINGTON TO LEAD FORD CUP TEAMSFord Finishing Order:
7th – Carl Edwards
13th – Greg Biffle
18th – Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
20th – Aric Almirola
22nd – Joey Logano
29th – David Gilliland
32nd – Brad Keselowski
34th – Marcos Ambrose
37th – Casey Mears
39th – David Ragan
DAVID RAGAN – No. 34 Peanut Patch Boiled P
- SPANISH GP - FIRST DOUBLE PODIUM OF THE YEARMontmelo, 12 May – The Spanish crowd got what they wanted today at the Catalunya circuit, as Fernando Alonso drove brilliantly to secure his first win here in Barcelona since 2006. Adding to the delight in the Prancing Horse garage, Felipe Massa made sure that two Ferrari drivers were on the
- SPANISH GP - THE RED PHONE RINGS IN MONTMELOMontmelo, 12 May – There were telephonic shenanigans before the Spanish Grand Prix podium ceremony. While Stefano Domenicali was climbing the steps along with the drivers, he knew he had an urgent mission to complete, namely calling President Montezemolo. The first, traditional call made ever
- A WEEKEND OF MIXED EMOTIONS FOR THE 458 GTMaranello, 12 May – There were two sides to Ferrari's weekend of GT racing. The happy one was on show in Portimao in Portugal, at the second round of the International GT Open season. One outright victory and a class win were the best results from the two races run at the Portuguese track, both comi
- FDA: FUOCO DOES THE DOUBLE AT IMOLAImola, 12 May –16 year old Antonio Fuoco wanted to have his say on what has been a very special Sunday for Scuderia Ferrari. On the same weekend that Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa made it to the Barcelona podium, Fuoco did an amazing double, winning both races in the Formula Renault Alps s
- STATEMENT: DUST SHIELDSChrysler Group LLC will recall approximately 5,330 right-hand-drive SUVs to install dust shields.
The vehicles, model-year 2008-2012 Jeep Wranglers, are used primarily for daily mail delivery in rural areas.
The shields are designed to prevent dust buildup on a steering-column-mounted electr
- Statement: Windshield Defrosting/DefoggingMay 11, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC will recall 532 Ram 1500 pickups to inspect components that accommodate windshield defrosting and defogging.
Chrysler Group engineers observed a fault code linked to coolant-system function. Investigation revealed one component had e
- ALL-MOPAR FUNNY CAR FINAL AT ATLANTA; GRAY BEATS NO.1 QUALIFIER HAGAN FOR SOUTHERNNATIONALS WIN- Gray takes Mopar Funny Car to winner's circle at rescheduled 33rd annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals in Atlanta
- All-Mopar Funny Car final elimination with No.1 qualifier Hagan as runner-up to DSR teammate Gray
- Top Mopar Pro Stock finish in eliminations by Coughlin with se
- LAMBORGHINI EGOISTA – WALTER DE SILVA'S HOMAGE FOR LAMBORGHINI'S 50TH ANNIVERSARYAn emotional moment in Sant'Agata Bolognese yesterday at the culmination of the gala celebrating Lamborghini's 50th anniversary: Walter De Silva's incredible vehicle made its entry in front of a thousand invitees, the Head of Design for the Volkswagen Group's homage to celebrating the House of the Raging Bull's half century. 'I am very attached to this Italian brand, being an Italian myself. I wanted to pay homage to and think up a vehicle to underline the fact that Lamborghinis have always been made with passion, and with the heart more than the head,' said an emotional De Silva.
Indeed the Egoista, as the vehicle has been christened, is a car forged from a passion for innovation and alternative solutions, the same passion which has always set the Lamborghini brand apart. 'This is a car made for one person only, to allow them to have fun and express their personality to the maximum. It is designed purely for hyper-sophisticated people who want only the most extreme and special things in the world. It represents hedonism taken to the extreme, it is a car without compromises, in a word: egoista (selfish),' De Silva further explained.
- The Bugatti Type 40AEttore Bugatti assembled his first self propelled tricycle in the waning days of the 19th century. His immediate passion for all things automotive led to his relocation to Alsace and the birth of his namesake company. In the period between world wars, Bugattis were essentially invincible.
Bugatti launched the Type 40 model in 1926, aiming to replace the company's previous 16-valve Brescia touring model. The Type 40 used the 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine first used in some Type 37s, but slightly detuned with one Zenith or twin Solex carburetors and coil ignition. The Type 40 was available as a standard 4-seat coupe or a roadster. The Type 40A shared its engine block with the Type 40 but displaced 1.6 liters. After about 30 cars were built with this chassis specification, the Type 40A was discontinued in 1930.
- The Ferrari 328Ferrari's removable roof 328 GTS (along with the fixed roof 328 GTB) debuted at the 1985 Frankfurt Auto Show. While often considered the final evolution of the 308 series, the 328 was a substantially new car. Extremely high performance, incredible 308-derived Pininfarina styling, improved road holding, and greater comfort, ensured the 328's desirability. Ferrari's challenge was to consolidate market share gained through 1970s and early 80s by improving an icon without alienating its acolytes. The 328 easily became the most successful model in Ferrari's history to that time. It remains a highly sought after sports car almost two decades after its introduction.
- 1971 Oldsmobile 442The Oldsmobile 442 made its introduced in 1964. Its name referred to its four-barrel carburetor, four-speed gearbox, and dual exhausts. For 1966 the 442 became the first Oldsmobile equipped with the formidable W-30 package. This brought with it a ram-air induction system, high-performance camshaft, and stiffer valve springs. The original W-machine was available as a dealer-installed kit that could be added to nearly any Oldsmobile powerplant.
For 1968, Oldsmobile officially acknowledged the W-30 option in factory literature. A year later, the W-30 was offered exclusively for the 442. The reputation of the W-30 option reached new heights in 1970 when the F-block 455 replaced the highly tuned 400s. Further equipped with a fiberglass induction hood, heavy-duty coil springs, Delco telescopic shock absorbers and front-disc brakes, the 1970 W-30s gained acclaim for their ample creature comforts and well-rounded performance.
- Delahaye 135MThis Delahaye was originally built by Figoni and Falaschi of Paris, France, in 1937 for delivery to Tangiers where it remained until the mid-1970s. It has passed through several owners over the years until it landed in Southern California in 2003.
The Delahaye 135 was without a doubt the most prestigious of all the celebrated French car models. This car is powered by an overhead-valve, 3.5-liter, 6-cylinder engine developing 160 horsepower coupled to a 4-speed manual engine. The top speed is 103 miles per hour.
- Equipe Gordini: 1956 Formula One SeasonWhen the World Championship switched to Formula 2 regulations at the beginning of the 1952 season Equipe Gordini would step up and would become one of the few challengers Ferrari would have over the course of the season. However, by the time the new Formula One regulations came into effect in 1954 Gordini's competitive past would be long forgotten. Heading into the 1956 season Gordini would be fighting for its life.
Throughout the Formula 2 era of the World Championship Equipe Gordini would show some potential with its Type 15. Then when the team debuted its Type 16 with its straight-six engine Gordinis would show their truest potential and would actually be quite competitive throughout 1952 and 1953.
- Packard 1101 EightIn 1923, Packard began using a 'series' number to designate each year's model line, a practice it continued into the 1950s. This 1934 Standard Coupe was introduced in 1931 and was powered by a 320-cubic-inch inline 8-cylinder engine producing 120 horsepower. Standard features included automatic Bijur chassis lubrication system and a fully synchromesh three-speed quick shift transmission.
- Photo Update : Audi TT ultra quattro ConceptAt the start of May every year, the Wörthersee is the place to be for every car and Audi aficionado. Audi will therefore be showcasing a special highlight in 2013: the Audi TT ultra quattro concept. The showcar combines a lean 1,111 kilograms (2,449.34 lb) total weight with a 2.0 TFSI engine, whose 228 kW (310 hp) and 400 Nm effortlessly propel the coupé. From a standstill the TT ultra quattro concept is catapulted in 4.2 seconds to 100 km/h (62.14 mph). Its power-to-weight ratio of 3.6 kg/hp is on a par with thoroughbred super sports cars. And it is also worthwhile looking at the detail, not least because the concept car pays homage to automotive lightweight construction.
- Extensive Partnership Between Volkswagen Group Of America, The Museum Of Modern Art And Moma Ps1 Renewed Through 2015New York City/Wolfsburg - The opening of EXPO 1: New York on May 12 marks the apex of the long-term partnership between Volkswagen Group of America, The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and MoMA PS1. On the occasion of EXPO's opening, Hans Dieter Pötsch, Member of the Board of Directors Volkswage
- Barrett-Jackson Announces Three Bonus Hours Of Live TV Coverage During Inaugural Hot August Nights Auction August 8-10, 2013The World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ Expands Coverage of the Inaugural Reno Tahoe Event on FUEL TV
Scottsdale, AZ (April 30, 2013) – Barrett-Jackson, The World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, announced today that for the first time ever, it will broadcast three bonus hours of i
- 1956 Ford Fairlane Crown VictoriaThe Ford Fairlane Crown Victoria is easily recognizable by its distinguished chrome trim that crosses the roof and door pillar. This Crown Victoria features the optional 312 cubic-inch (5.1 L) 214/225 horsepower overhead valve engine which came out in 1956 and was again used in high-end Ford and Mercury cars, including the Thunderbird.
- Audi at Le Mans: Advantage through efficiencySix more weeks until the Le Mans 24 Hours celebrates its 90th anniversary. Since 1999, Audi has shaped the world's most important endurance race like no other automobile manufacturer. Eleven victories in 14 events – the technological milestones set by Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm are unrivaled in Le Mans history.
The 24-hour race at Le Mans has accelerated numerous innovations since its inaugural event in 1923 – from disc brakes (1953) to turbocharging (1974), from the Wankel engine (1970) to carbon brakes (1990), from the Audi TFSI gasoline direct injection (2001) and the VTG turbocharger in Audi's TDI engine (2011) through to the R18 e-tron quattro (2012). Ever since Audi has been involved in the most important endurance race, efficiency has acquired crucial importance – a core competency of the brand with the four rings.
- BENTLEY ANNOUNCES LE MANS LIMITED EDITION MULSANNE AND CONTINENTAL MODELSBentley Motors, Inc. today announces six new Le Mans Limited Edition specifications available on the flagship Mulsanne and the Continental family, exclusively available in North America. Each model is inspired by a driver from Bentley's six victories at the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours race.
From the company's start in 1919, Bentley was remarkably successful in both racing and setting new speed records. Founder W.O. Bentley was a determined supporter of motor racing as a means of establishing the Bentley marque and the company's racing success was achieved through its engineering competence and the skills of a group of drivers known as the 'Bentley Boys'.
- Bentley S2 LWB Shooting BrakeThis car was a specially commissioned vehicle designed by Wendler of Reutlingen, Germany. It is believed to be the only post-war German bodied Bentley, and therefore, considered that only one-off that Wendler ever made for a Bentley. It was assembled for an American, who also owned a similar Mercedes-Benz 300S Shooting Brake, which was also custom-bodied by Wendler. The ownership of the S2 has been a mystery for some time. The American who commissioned the car in Germany placed custom German plates on the vehicle before the S2 was imported into the United States, and registered it to a New York Yacht Club address. It was believed to be owned by an eccentric gentleman from Virginia.
- SEBASTIEN LOEB'S FIRST KING OF THE PEAK TRACK TESTSWhen Sébastien Loeb's helicopter landed alongside the high-security track at La Ferté-Vidame, in northwestern France, the rally star believed he was in for a routine test session. After just a handful of laps in the car, he realised that this was something different, however… 'The 208 T16 Pikes Peak is a rocket! It's so powerful! The first time you drive it, each gear change practically stuns you. The shifts are really brutal, and it takes a little time to anticipate the sudden jarring. You get used to it, but it was quite disorienting to begin with.'
- 'DESIGN VISION GTI' MAKES ITS DEBUT AT WORTHERSEETwo things are obvious when seeing the 'Design Vision GTI' for the first time. First, the car is a Volkswagen. Second: it's a GTI. This visual clarity is part of Volkswagen's success, according to Klaus Bischoff. 'Our claim to be a global player is enhanced with our universal design language. A design that immediately communicates the brand's identity is central for all models that carry the VW logo, with elements that allow each model to be recognized as a true Volkswagen by its distinctive design.'
- Aluminum, Structural Adhesive Help Boost Cadillac Performance and QuietnessBonding agent reduces squeaks and rattles; aluminum cuts ATS and CTS weight
Greater use of structural adhesive and aluminum is helping Cadillac reduce overall weight of the ATS and all-new CTS sedans, contributing to better ride and handling and reduced cabin noise in both models.
- New Holden VF Commodore Range: Looks to Turn Heads, Prices That Change Minds• Commodore makes cutting-edge technology an every-day luxury
• Auto Park Assist, MyLink with Siri Eyes Free* and rear view camera standard
• Simplified pricing, added features and value to reward and win new customers
• New Evoke nameplate kick-starts the range
Holden has significantly increase
- Holden VE Commodore Named Best Australia Car Ever• Iconic car magazine Wheels names VE Commodore the best ever Aussie car
• Australia 'making the best cars it has ever made'
• Wheels looks forward to new VF
Australia's longest established motoring magazine, Wheels, has celebrated its 60th anniversary by naming the best Australian cars of all ti
- Ford Adding 2,000-Plus Jobs at Kansas City Assembly to Support Surging F-150 Demand, Ford Transit Launch•Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant will add more than 2,000 jobs to support high demand for Ford F-150 plus the planned production of the all-new Transit family of commercial vehicles starting next summer; more than 1,000 will be new hires
•Ford F-Series sales up 24 percent in April and 19 percent
- Created For the Urban World, All-New Ford EcoSport Embarks On Its Journey in India•The all-new Ford EcoSport marries the manoeuvrability and fuel economy of a compact car with the practicality and robustness of an SUV in a contemporary and stylish package
•Ford EcoSport offers a high driving position, superior water-wading capability and an array of smart features such as the s
- First Stage Of The Lamborghini 50Th Anniversary Grand Tour: Leaving This Morning From MilanForte dei Marmi/S. Agata Bolognese, 8th May 2013 – This morning, at 9 a.m. on the dot, the 350 vehicles taking part in the Lamborghini Grand Tour started their engines and set off towards Forte dei Marmi. Leaving the parc fermè in Milan, capital of Italian design, fashion, and finance and sta
- Nissan Sentra Named 'Most Affordable Compact Sedan' By Cars.ComNASHVILLE, Tenn. – The newly redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra has been named Cars.com's 'Most Affordable Compact Sedan of 2013.' After assessing 11 compact sedans equipped with six key features and factoring in five years of fuel costs, Sentra sits atop the Cars.com list with $730 separating it from th
- Consumer Reports: Tesla Model S Earns Top Overall Test ScoreModel S delivers the performance of a sports car, versatility of a wagon and better energy- efficiency than the best hybrids
YONKERS, N.Y., May 9, 2013 - The Tesla Model S, an all-electric luxury sports car, has earned the highest score in Consumer Reports' ratings: a 99 out of 100.
- SEBASTIEN LOEB'S FIRST KING OF THE PEAK TRACK TESTSWhen Sébastien Loeb's helicopter landed alongside the high-security track at La Ferté-Vidame, in northwestern France, the rally star believed he was in for a routine test session. After just a handful of laps in the car, he realised that this was something different, however… 'The 208 T16 Pikes Peak
- Hyundai Motor To Install South Korea'S Largest Rooftop Photovoltaic Power Plant At Asan Factory- Photovoltaic power plant to reduce carbon emissions, ease nation's power supplies
- Project aligns with Hyundai'svision of widespread expansion of renewable energy, company's eco-friendly goals
May 8, 2013 - Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, announced that it wil
- BOSCH INTRODUCES POWER MAX FIRST SUB-$450 ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGING STATIONBosch Automotive Service Solutions, a leading supplier of technology and services, introduces Power Max, the automotive industry's first Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station with a price point of less than $450. The Power Max will retail for roughly half the cost of current EV charging stations, o
- PRESENTING THE FIRST SABELT RACING APP: CATALOG NOW ACCESSIBLE VIA I-PHONE AND I-PADThe future has never been closer, and yet again, Sabelt has its finger firmly on the pulse where innovation and new trends in technology are present. In step with the times and intent on meeting the needs of customers everywhere, the leading name in passive safety systems launches its first APP, cov
- Goodyear Holds Grand Opening Of New Global HeadquartersAKRON, Ohio, May 9, 2013 – Cutting a ribbon featuring the pattern of a tire tread, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company held the 'Grand Opening' of its new Global Headquarters here today.
Goodyear Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Kramer, Ohio Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor and Akron May
- GRC PERSONALITIES // IN THE WORDS OF SCOTT SPEED: FROM GO-KARTS TO GLORYGRC Personalities is a new series in which Global Rallycross drivers tell their stories in their own words. In the series debut, X Games Brazil gold medalist Scott Speed walks us through his career, from the very beginning to X Games glory.
In the beginning, little baby Speed used to follow his d
- Mazda Racers Salute Their Number One Supporter: MomMay 9, 2013 (IRVINE, Calif.) When racers talk about the need to have the complete package to win – balanced chassis, powerful and reliable powertrain, great tires, a brilliant engineer, perfect pitstops by a tireless crew, and a mega-budget, we sometimes forget where many racers receive thei
- Audi at Le Mans: Advantage through efficiency90 years of Le Mans, 15 years of Audi at the '24 Heures'
Eleven victories at 14 runs and absolute distance record
Head of Audi Motorsport Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich: 'Le Mans points the way to the future'
Six more weeks until the Le Mans 24 Hours celebrates its 90th anni
- Montezemolo: 'Ferrari Must Remain Exclusive'Maranello, 8th May - Luca di Montezemolo addressed more than 250 members of the media today at the Maranello factory to explain key areas of the business to the media, as well as announcing impressive results for the first quarter of 2013.
'I base my plans for Ferrari on four key areas,' s
- Kia Announces Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance Program For The All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium SedanFlagship Sedan Arrives with Flagship-Level Maintenance Program
- Complimentary scheduled maintenance program covers up to 36 months or 37,500 miles1
- Cadenza differentiated from competition in newly emerging market segment
IRVINE, Calif., May 9, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) today a
- FDA – A PASSAGE TO INDIA… AT FIORANOMaranello, 8 May – An Indian driver has driven on the Fiorano track for the first time. 20 year old Parth Ghorpade carried out a test at the wheel of a Formula 3 car run by the Ferrari Driver Academy, as his prize for being the best Asian driver in the 2012 Formula Pilota series, held in China.
- Scion Announces Pricing for Limited Production Scion 10 Series, New 2014 tC and iQScion today announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) for its new limited production Scion 10 Series, the 2014 tC and the 2014 iQ. The Scion 10 Series includes special enhancements to the new tC and iQ as well as to the 2013 models of the xD, xB and FR-S in celebration of the brand's 10th anniversary.
- Wild racing GTI concept features a 503-horsepower engine and a 186 mph top speedFrom May 8th through the 11th, 150,000 passionate fans turn the Austrian city of Reifnitz into a veritable Mecca for the Volkswagen GTI. One of the traditional highlights at the Wörthersee festival is a concept car that's conceived especially for the meeting by Volkswagen engineers and designers. This year, the concept is a race car—the 'Design Vision GTI'.
The striking 'Design Vision GTI' is based on the seventh-generation GTI. The design team, led by Klaus Bischoff (Head of Design of Volkswagen Brand), has drawn the C-pillars and sills outward as autonomous body elements, thus creating space for substantially wider front and rear tracks, as well as specially developed 20-inch wheels (with 235 tires in the front and 275s at the rear). The 'Design Vision GTI' can reach a top speed of 186 mph and looks as if it could start racing tomorrow.
- Scion Announces Pricing for Limited Production Scion 10 Series, New 2014 tC and iQScion today announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) for its new limited production Scion 10 Series, the 2014 tC and the 2014 iQ. The Scion 10 Series includes special enhancements to the new tC and iQ as well as to the 2013 models of the xD, xB and FR-S in celebration of the brand's 1
- BENTLEY IS COMING TO BELARUS•Bentley to open first-ever dealership in Belarusian capital
•New sales and aftersales point will open in Summer 2013
(Crewe / Minsk. 8 May 2013). Bentley will expand its presence in the fast-growing Eastern Europe region later this year, with the opening of its first-ever dealership in
- Audi customers aim for victory at the Nürburgring24-hour race at the Nürburgring with eight Audi R8 LMS ultra cars
Five customer teams bank on Audi's GT3 sports car
Technical support by Audi Sport customer racing
Eight Audi R8 LMS ultra cars, five teams and a single aim: the next success for an Audi at the Nürbu
- Disappointing DTM opener for AudiTimo Scheider in sixth place best Audi driver at Hockenheim
Two Audi RS 5 DTM cars in the points
87,000 spectators experience turbulent start into the season
With an Audi RS 5 DTM at the front of the field, the new DTM season started at Hockenheim with 87,000 specta
- St James's In Central London New Venue For 2013 Concours Of Elegance- HRH Prince Michael of Kent is Royal Patron -
Thorough Events Ltd, organiser of last year's inaugural UK Concours of Elegance at Windsor Castle, has announced an extraordinary new location for the 2013 event.
To take place from September 5-7, the 2013 Concours of Elegance will be hel
- Oshkosh Office Systems Named Official Office Equipment Provider For Road AmericaELKHART LAKE, Wis., May 8, 2013 - Road America announced today that Oshkosh Office Systems is now the facility's Official Office Equipment Provider. Oshkosh Office Systems is one of the oldest authorized five-star Ricoh dealers in Wisconsin providing sales and service for Ricoh multi-function
- Auction Executive Jannelle Grigsby Joins Gooding & Company to Manage Strategic Communications and PublicitySANTA MONICA, Calif. (May 7, 2013) – Gooding & Company is pleased to announce its new Publicist, auction executive Jannelle Grigsby, who will manage strategic communications, media relations and brand building. Jannelle has assumed the full-time position immediately and has begun working on the comp
- Chevrolet Camaro SS Joins Dubai Police ForceThe Chevrolet Camaro SS has joined the Dubai Police fleet of vehicles – the first Camaro to be used by a police force in the Middle East.
Powered by a 6.2L V8 engine, the Camaro SS boasts a power output of 426 horsepower and a maximum torque of 567 Nm. With a top speed of 250 km/h and acceleratio
- MINI CONVERTIBLE BOAT TO JOIN DAD VAIL REGATTAVisitors to the 2013 Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta on May 10-11 will experience an intriguing sight that they won't be expecting… a Chili Red MINI Convertible appearing to 'drive' on the water along the Schuylkill River during this famous annual festival of university and college rowing.
It will be t
- Cadillac Launches ‘Style Driven' Series On Vogue.TvCadillac is blending fashion and automotive design with the launch of 'Style Driven,' a four-part video vignette offering an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the life of fashion stylist Erin Walsh, as she curates outfits for guests attending the famous Costume Institute Benefit at The Metropolita
- Alfonso Albaisa Named Executive Design Director For InfinitiAlfonso Albaisa (48) has been appointed Executive Design Director for Infiniti, effective April 1, 2013. Albaisa will be leading the global Infiniti Design team and be responsible for further developing the design of all future Infiniti vehicles and concept cars. He will be based at the company's De
- Nissan Booth Wins Acclaim At Auto Shanghai 2013Nissan's innovation was recognized at Auto Shanghai 2013, winning the coveted 'Best Creative Booth Award' for its new global motor show booth design. The Asian premiere of the new booth took place at the largest auto show in Asia, representing more than 2,000 exhibitors from 18 countries and areas.
- BUICK TURNS 110: M18 HELLCAT REMEMBERED ON V-E DAY'Hot rod of World War II' a key piece of 'Arsenal of Democracy'
DETROIT – Buick production lines have been rolling for 110 consecutive years but for a short period during World War II, the vehicles produced looked decidedly different. In February of 1942, the last civilian car left a Buick
- Ford Wins ‘Best Traditional-To-Mobile Transition' Award At Global Mobile Internet Conference- Ford recognised by Asia's largest and most influential industry event for its in-car connectivity technology
- Ford SYNC and SYNC AppLink praised as technologies which will fundamentally change how customers consume mobile services and products in their cars
- Ford is the only automaker to ever
- TEST COMPARISON BETWEEN FORMULA 1 AND MERCEDES-AMG CARSNico Rosberg, Bernd Schneider, Karl Wendlinger and Bernd Maylander
Mercedes-AMG Performance Drive: Formula 1 versus Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG, E 63 AMG, SLS AMG Black Series and SLS AMG GT3
Nico Rosberg in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series: 'It will be interesting to see how lo
- James Moffat Takes Top 10 Clean Sweep For Nissan At Barbagallo Raceway-Three top 10 finishes for James Moffat in Western Australia
-Moffat rises to 13th in 2013 V8 Supercars Championship points standings
PERTH, Australia - Nissan Motorsport has finished inside the top 10 in all three races at Barbagallo Raceway, Western Australia, with James Moffat finishing 10th,
- ASTON MARTIN GT4 CHALLENGE HEADS TO OULTON PARKThe Aston Martin GT4 Challenge of Great Britain – a single marque championship in which Vantage GT4 drivers battle it out on the UK's most exciting circuits – continues on 11 May when the second round of the championship gets underway at Oulton Park, Cheshire.
The GT4 Challenge of Great Britain i
- Porsche Ships 21 Percent More Vehicles In AprilPorsche AG has recorded a strong start to this spring: in April more than 15,200 customers around the world delighted in taking delivery of their new sports car. That equates to an increase of 21 per cent compared to April 2012. Over the first four months of the year the sports car manufacturer has
- Formula FerrariMaranello, 8 May 2013. Passion. Diligence. Innovation. Determination. Research. Motivation. Excellence. Investment. Technology. Talent. Training. Exclusivity. Selection. Style. Merit. Team spirit. There are many elements that go to make up Ferrari's DNA. The secret is in its people – because
- THE RAM TRUCK BRAND AND G7 ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING EARN PRESTIGIOUS EX AWARD FOR THEIR WORK ON ‘ROAD TO THE RAM® JAM'The Ram Truck brand and G7 Entertainment Marketing, an award-winning strategic entertainment marketing and talent booking agency, today announced that they have won the Event Marketer Magazine's 2013 Ex Award for 'Best Proprietary Property (Consumer).' The award recognized their work on the highly s
- 1970 Monaco Grand Prix: A Reversal of FortunesIn gambling and sports there is one word that seems to be absolutely foundational to both—luck. Heading into the 1970 season Jack Brabham had had his share of luck. Jochen Rindt, on the other hand, seemed to have none of it. This would all change on the 10th of May, 1970.
Jochen Rindt had come into Formula One during the mid-1960s and was certainly fast straight-away. Often one of the quickest drivers on the circuit, Rindt would find his choice of teams to be his biggest letdown as the reliability of the cars he was driving was certainly less than adequate.
- American Classics from the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection Featured at RM's Annual Michigan SaleRM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, returns to the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, July 27, for its 19th annual Michigan sale. The well-established auction—formerly known as the Meadow Brook sale—is a featured attraction of the concours weekend and enjoys a strong reputation for presenting outstanding American and European classics.
In 2012, the auction realized more than $6.8 million in sales, with top honors going to a 1930 Duesenberg Model SJ Convertible Victoria by Rollston for $957,000. This year's sale is set to continue the momentum, lifting the gavel on more than 80 quality automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic American classics.
- Lamborghini 50Th Anniversary Grand Tour Starts: 350 Supercars From All Over The World Celebrating ‘Made In Italy'Setting off from Piazza Castello in Milan starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow, 8th May, the Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Grand Tour is the largest gathering ever of cars from the 'House of the Raging Bull', organised to celebrate the company's 50th anniversary: a convoy of some 4 km long and 190,000 hp on the road.
The 350 cars (320 registered participants and approximately 30 courtesy cars for the press and guests) are now arriving in the parc fermè at Piazza Castello in front of the Sforzesco Castle, with their respective pilots and co-pilots totalling 700 people. Since last night, fans and enthusiasts have witnessed the unloading of the cars arriving from overseas and, as of this morning, the registration and entrance to the parc fermè of those driving to the first meeting point.
- Mecum's Kansas City Spring Auction Reaches $9.6 Million in SalesMagnificent and serene Kansas City, Mo., turns into a car collector's paradise twice a year when Mecum Auctions comes to town. Last weekend, April 25-27, the Kansas City Convention Center was transformed into that dream location with 735 cars spread across the gleaming floor of beautiful Bartle Hall. With 446 cars selling over the three-day period for a 61 percent sell-through rate, the enduring auction brought a strong $9.6 million total.
The top sale at the Kansas City auction was a Historic Mount Vernon, N.Y., Ahrens-Fox BT piston pumper fire truck (Lot S201), which hammered at $125,000. The fully restored truck may be the finest example remaining of the small group of nine that were manufactured. The second top spot on the top ten list was nabbed by a bold, Tropical Turquoise 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible that was the subject of a frame-off restoration and features a continental kit with a 348 CI Turbo-Thrust V-8 power plant. The car, which crossed the block as Lot S116, sold for a healthy $112,500.
- Raw Power Has a Stamp of Its Own Muscle Cars Roar at Spring Classic AuctionSince it began 26 years ago, Mecum's Spring Classic auction in Indianapolis has featured the largest auction of muscle cars in the world. This year, the Postal Service will celebrate the raw power of the performance vehicle at the Spring Classic event by dedicating five, limited edition stamps featuring iconic muscle cars — the 1966 Pontiac GTO, the 1967 Shelby GT-500, the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, the 1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda and the 1970 Chevelle SS.
'The Muscle Cars stamps celebrate an exciting era in American automotive history,' said Greater Indiana District Manager Bernice Grant. 'Typically equipped with big, powerful engines, these high-performance vehicles first roared onto our roads in the 1960s.'
- Road America Welcomes Racers And Fans For The SVRA Spring Vintage WeekendYou know that spring has arrived when the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) starts their engines for the annual Spring Vintage Weekend at Road America, May 17-19. With radical elevation changes, tree-lined straights and spring flowers blooming at every turn; Road America's four spectacular miles are in a one-of-a-kind class with racers the world over, while photographers view it as a paradise for split-second shutters and scenic backgrounds. Whatever your desire, the SVRA Spring Vintage Weekend serves it up package style. Come witness the power, pageantry and picturesque landscapes of Road America, a track that is every bit as impressive as the cars that will compete. Make no mistake about it, the SVRA Spring Vintage Weekend offers tightly regulated, wheel-to-wheel racing, with a lineup that includes over 150 participants that are expected to race in ten separate groups; from production and grand touring cars - to sports racers, prototypes and formula cars.
- Audi invites Marvel fans to 'steer the story' for Iron ManHaving broken all-time opening-box office records in China this week, Iron Man 3 is streaking toward its rendezvous with American theater audiences and its U.S. premiere on Friday. And Audi has been helping build anticipation for that event with a unique online promotion with Marvel that ends tomorr
- April sales underscore deliberate rise of Audi Q5In the middle of last year, Audi of America strategists began plotting seriously for the rise of the Audi Q5 to become the brand's top-selling model in the U.S. market. And with the April sales results announced on Wednesday, that's exactly what has happened.
The mid-size premium crossover from A
- Audi Ag: Laying Of Foundation Stone For New Plant In San José Chiapa, Mexico• Audi Board of Management and Mexico's Economics Minister Ildefonso Guajardo Villarreal give official starting signal for construction work
• Investment in Mexican automobile production to create 3,800 jobs
• Audi CEO Stadler: 'An important future element of the global Audi production network'
- 2014 Sierra'S New 4.3L Tops In Standard V-6 Pickup TorqueWhen the all-new 2014 GMC Sierra full-size pickup arrives this summer, its standard 4.3L EcoTec V-6 it will offer the most torque of any standard V-6 in the segment – 305 lb-ft (413 Nm).
Buyers will choose from three new, advanced EcoTec3 engines – a 5.3L available at launch, followed by the 4.3L
- For Those Who Prefer Roads Less-Traveled Bmw Motorrad Introduces The Navigator AdventureFor those who prefer to explore roads less-traveled – whether on two wheels or two feet, BMW Motorrad now offers the new Navigator Adventure in addition to the popular Navigator IV as a navigational tool for BMW Motorrad riders.
With universal software and longer battery life, the Navigator Adve
- Spanish Grand Prix PreviewBARCELONA, Spain – The Formula One season starts its European leg with the first European race of the year at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, which hosted two sessions of pre-season testing in February and March. After taking two wins in the first four races of the 2013 season, Sebasti
- Usain Bolt Golden Again With Unique Nissan GT-RNissan gives an exclusive gold-painted GT-R to the 'world's fastest man,' Usain Bolt
Presentation ceremony held in Bolt's home country of Jamaica
JAMAICA – Nissan has delivered a special GT-R, bathed in exclusive gold paint, to Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt in appreci
- Amelia Island Concours Video Born Of A Blue Sky Available OnlineThe 16-minute video Born of a Blue Sky, recounting the 18th Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, is available now on the web through a link at www.ameliaconcours.org or at www.bornofabluesky.com.
'Born of a Blue Sky has the same sort of visual presence as an impressionist
- Raceamerica Named Official Circuit Safety Light Provider For Road AmericaELKHART LAKE, Wis., (May 6, 2013) - Road America announced today that RaceAmerica would serve as its Official Circuit Safety Light Provider. As part of a collaborative effort, Road America will utilize RaceAmerica's unique LED Track Safety Light System at several locations around the four-mil
- Legendary Car Designer Peter Brock Named Grand Marshal Of The 2013 Palos Verdes Concours D'EleganceRANCHO PALOS VERDES,CA -- Peter Brock, the legendary designer of the Corvette Stingray, the Cobra Daytona Coupe and other iconic high-performance automobiles, has been named Grand Marshal of the 2013 Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance, to be held at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos
- Nissan Powers Through Le Mans PreparationsSPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium - Nissan-powered cars took the top six positions in the LMP2 class of Saturday's 6 Hours of Spa. The second round of the FIA World Endurance Championship is seen by the teams as the final rehearsal before next month's Le Mans 24 Hours so a Nissan-powered podium is p
- Cadillac Enhances Certified Pre-Owned BenefitsCadillac today announced enhancements to one of the most comprehensive certified pre-owned vehicle programs in the luxury vehicle industry, including higher levels of warranty coverage and benefits for owners and shoppers.
Effective today, Cadillac's Certified Pre-Owned program will extend vehicl
- BMW Motorsport Opens Dtm Season With One-Two – Farfus Triumphs Ahead Of Werner, Five Bmw M3 Dtms In The PointsHockenheim (DE), 5th May 2013. Fantastic start to the 2013 DTM season for BMW Motorsport: at the end of the 42 laps, Augusto Farfus (BR) won the opening race in Hockenheim (DE) at the wheel of the Castrol EDGE BMW M3 DTM. This was the BMW Team RBM driver's second DTM victory, following his tr
- BMW PRESENTS FRIEZE SOUNDS AT THE FRIEZE ART FAIR NEW YORKFrieze Art Fair New York and BMW will once again present Frieze Sounds, a program of sound works that are showcased in the BMW 7 Series shuttle service at the fair. For this unique event three specially commissioned audio works were created by the artists Trisha Baga, Charles Atlas and New Humans, a
- RAGAN GIVES FRONT ROW MOTORSPORTS FIRST NASCAR WIN AS FORD SWEEPS TOP THREE SPOTS AT TALLADEGAFord Racing Results:
1st – David Ragan
2nd – David Gilliland
3rd – Carl Edwards
9th – Scott Speed
10th – Aric Almirola
13th – Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
14th – Marcos Ambrose
15th – Brad Keselowski
19th – Josh Wise
21st – Michael McDowell
24th – Casey Mears
35th – Joey Logano
36th – G
- Last Lap Pass Drives Maccachren To Victory In Sst Round No.4San Diego, Calif. (May 4, 2013) – SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks invaded Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, Calif., for a full night of racing action with four distinct divisions testing their skills on the uniquely prepared high flying dirt and asphalt course. Rob MacCachren, Dan Runte, Apdal
- Max Welti Is The New Head Of Motorsport At LamborghiniLamborghini SpA has signed Max Welti as new Head of Motorsport. The 60 year old Swiss national will report directly to Lamborghini's Board Member for Research and Development, Maurizio Reggiani. He will be active in his new role for Squadra Corse for the firsttime this weekend at the Lamborghini Sup
- Larini Show, Danish Power And The World'S Most Famous HighflyerA highflyer congratulates the others: The winner's trophy for the opening round of the Scirocco R-Cup was handed over to motor racing legend Nicola Larini by none other than world record breaker and stratosphere jumper Felix Baumgartner. The Volkswagen brand ambassador, whose 39-kilometre parachute
- EDWARDS STARTS FIRST AFTER NASCAR SPRINT CUP QUALIFYING RAINED OUTFord Starting Order:
1st – Carl Edwards
3rd – Marcos Ambrose
4th – Joey Logano
11th – Brad Keselowski
15th – Trevor Bayne
17th – Greg Biffle
18th – Aric Almirola
21st – Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
22nd – Casey Mears
31st – David Gilliland
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying
- POLE POSITION FOR THE AUDI RS 5 DTMAudi begins new DTM season at Hockenheim in position one
Timo Scheider decides thrilling qualifying session in his favor
Mattias Ekström in difficult conditions in fifth place
Ingolstadt/Hockenheim, May 4, 2013 – Audi is tackling the new DTM season at the Hocke
- Gordon Tops Qualfying In Round #4 Of Stadium Super TrucksSan Diego, Calif. (May 5, 2013) – SPEED Energy Stadium SUPER Trucks made the two-hour drive down Interstate-5, bringing the 600 hp off-road road show inside Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, Calif. for a night of practice and qualifying.
After a very brief practice, the Stadium SUPER Trucks t
- Rally Argentina: Volkswagen Drivers In Second And Fourth PlaceSeveral hundred thousand fans were gripped by a thrilling day of rallying today. The Volkswagen pairing Sébastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassia (F/F) will now start the final day in Argentina in second place. Following five eventful special stages in the fifth event of this season's FIA World Rally Champio
- Audi In Grid Positions One To Three At SpaWorld Champions' trio Fassler/Lotterer/Tréluyer starts from pole
Gené/di Grassi/Jarvis complete front row
First best time in qualifying for Audi in the 2013 WEC season
Ingolstadt/Spa, May 3, 2013 – Audi prevailed in qualifying for round 2 of the FIA World Endur
- Aston Martin Qualifies On Pole In Both GTE Classes At SPAAston Martin Racing has qualified on pole in both of the FIA World Endurance Championship's GTE classes at the second round of the series, the Six Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, for the second consecutive race.
Under new regulations, each car must complete at least four laps with two drivers, with t
- 75 years ago: triple victory for Mercedes-Benz in TripoliSpectacular launch of the W 154 'Silver Arrow'
Hermann Lang is victorious on the Mellaha course in Libya
Stuttgart – A triple victory was secured for Mercedes-Benz and the then new W 154 twelve-cylinder racing car on 15 May 1938. Hermann Lang won the Tripoli Grand Prix, ahead o
- Test comparison between Formula 1 and Mercedes-AMG cars driven by Nico Rosberg, Bernd Schneider, Karl Wendlinger and Bernd MayländerMercedes-AMG Performance Drive: Formula 1 versus Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG, E 63 AMG, SLS AMG Black Series and SLS AMG GT3
Nico Rosberg in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series: 'It will be interesting to see how long Michael can delay starting before catching up with us at the finish.' [/L
- Mach-V: first UK Piaggio dealer launches tuned Ape RacingNewest Piaggio dealer, Surrey-based tuner Mach-V launched its first Ape Cross Racing, a sporty version of the versatile and cheeky Italian three-wheeled pickup, appropriately, at the Italian Day (Auto Italia) event in Brooklands, Weybridge, on May 4.
The factory standard Ape Cross already spo
- 1970 Monaco Grand Prix: A Reversal of FortunesIn gambling and sports there is one word that seems to be absolutely foundational to both—luck. Heading into the 1970 season Jack Brabham had had his share of luck. Jochen Rindt, on the other hand, seemed to have none of it. This would all change on the 10th of May, 1970.
Jochen Rindt had come in
- American Classics from the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection Featured at RM's Annual Michigan Sale• RM Auctions returns to Plymouth, Michigan, July 27, for its well-established St. John's sale
• Single-day auction in automotive heartland features more than 80 historic collector cars
• Sale headlined by a wonderful selection of automobiles from the distinguished collection of Richard and Linda
- NISSAN LEAF EARNS 'TOP SAFETY PICK' FROM IIHSNow in its third model year, the highly innovative, industry-leading Nissan LEAF pure electric vehicle added another award to its trophy case with the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) 'Top Safety Pick' designation, which recognizes vehicles for excellent performance in four passenger sa
- Lamborghini 50Th Anniversary Grand Tour Starts: 350 Supercars From All Over The World Celebrating ‘Made In Italy'Milan/Sant'Agata Bolognese, 7th May 2013 - Setting off from Piazza Castello in Milan starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow, 8th May, the Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Grand Tour is the largest gathering ever of cars from the 'House of the Raging Bull', organised to celebrate the company's 50th annivers
- SUBARU DRIVER DAVID HIGGINS WINS THE OREGON TRAIL RALLY FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR• Defending Rally America Champion Higgins Extends Points Lead with Victory in Oregon
• Subaru Rally Team USA has won two of the first three races in the 2013 Rally America National Championship series
Cherry Hill, N.J., - Subaru Rally Team USA driver David Higgins took a big step toward
- MAD MIKE'S DRIVE OF A LIFETIMEThe Crown Range, New Zealand. 47 corners, 1076 metres elevation, 10.4km long. The country's highest paved roadway. For a moment in time it belongs to one man, Mike Whiddett. The moment will become, the drive of a lifetime.
The former state highway cuts a path between Queenstown and Wanaka. It is
- Fan Activities Abound at this Week's American Le Mans Monterey RaceMONTEREY, Calif., May 7, 2013 – When fans arrive at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the American Le Mans Monterey race weekend May 9-11, they will find more activities to enjoy than ever before. While the world-class racing of the American Le Mans Series, presented by Patron, is always the high
- Audi Ag: Further Sales Growth Strengthens Global Premium Market Position In The Second Quarter- Global deliveries since January at around 503,000 units, up 6.7 percent
- Sales chief Luca de Meo: 'Dynamics in North America and Asia support worldwide growth impetus '
- Market launch of locally produced Q3 and new-generation Q5 in China
Audi has started the second quarter with further sal
- Global Rallycross Announces New ClassLos Angeles, Calif., May 6, 2013 – Global Rallycross (GRC) is pleased to announce GRC Lites, a new rallycross class that will support the series' wildly popular Supercars class at all US races in 2013.
'We want to provide a place for our next generation of star drivers,' said GRC Founder
- Tesla Hires Aston Martin'S Vehicle Engineering LeaderMonday, May 6, 2013
PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla has hired Aston Martin's Chief Engineer of Vehicle Engineering, Chris Porritt, to be its Vice President of Vehicle Engineering. Chris is a world-class leader and automotive engineer who established Aston Martin's Vehicle Engineering team from t
- 350 Mini Baby Racers On The Way From The Allgäu To The OrientMunich. Once again, the smallest were the greatest: during their stopover at the Turkish capital of Istanbul, participants of this year's Allgau-Orient Rally caused a stir with a spectacular event. They passed a test with a difference directly in front of the 'Blue Mosque', forming the world
- Subaru Rally Team Usa Extends Championship Lead With Oregon Trail Rally WinSubaru Rally Team USA dominated the Oregon Trail Rally to win the third round of the Rally America National Championship held in Portland and Hood River, Oregon on May 3-5.
The British duo, David Higgins and co-driver Craig Drew, never relinquished their lead from the start and drove a masterful
- 2013 General Tire Norra Mexican 1000 Goes Down In The History BooksAfter four days of competition through 1,200-plus miles of the most demanding terrain on earth, the 2013 General Tire NORRA Mexican 1000 is now in the history books. An event record of 148 entries (up from 95 just one year ago) took the green flag at the historic Mexicali bullring for the fourth an
- Aston Martin Racing Appoints Craft Racing As Regional Official Technical PartnerAston Martin Racing and Craft Racing AMR have formed a partnership that sees the Asia-based race team responsible for developing the Aston Martin Racing brand in the region, through its participation in some of the major Asian racing series.
The Asian team will also collaborate on technical devel
- Desafío Inca: The Pisco Spirit!On 4, 5 and 6 October this year, Peru will welcome the Dakar Rally drivers, who are busy preparing for the Dakar Rally, for the first Desafío Inca event. The route for this Dakar Series event runs around Pisco, on the sand dunes and tracks that had impressed the Dakar 2012 and 2013 drivers.
- BMW TEAM RLL READY FOR THE NEXT ALMS ROUND AT LAGUNA SECA AFTER SUCCESS AT LONG BEACHThe 2013 American Le Mans Series is back on track this Saturday at Laguna Seca Raceway, in Monterey, California, with the four-hour American Le Mans Monterey.
The first two races of the debut season of the BMW Z4 GTE have been strong ones for BMW Team RLL, with fourth and seventh place finishes a
- Mecum's Kansas City Spring Auction Reaches $9.6 Million in SalesApril 25-27 Auction Draws Large Crowd and Diverse Selection to Downtown K.C.
Magnificent and serene Kansas City, Mo., turns into a car collector's paradise twice a year when Mecum Auctions comes to town. Last weekend, April 25-27, the Kansas City Convention Center was transformed into that
- Raw Power Has a Stamp of Its Own Muscle Cars Roar at Spring Classic AuctionWhat do you get when you bring the U.S. Postal Service and Dana Mecum's Original Spring Classic Auction together at the State Fairgrounds — a Muscle Car Extravaganza!
Since it began 26 years ago, Mecum's Spring Classic auction in Indianapolis has featured the largest auction of muscle cars
- 1938 Steyr Roadster Wins Best in Show at Pinehurst ConcoursA rare 1938 Steyr Roadster captured the 'Best in Show' at the inaugural Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance as more than 5,000 car enthusiasts strolled the fairways at Pinehurst Resort, viewing a show field of 118 pristine vintage automobiles.
Peter Boyle of Oil City, Pa., owns the winning automobile that was entered in the American/European Classic 1925-48 Class. Boyle purchased the car two years ago, restored it in 2012 and won Second in Class at the Pebble Beach Concours last August before capturing the top prize at Pinehurst Resort.
- Ibiza Trophy - for the race trackAlongside the premiere of the Leon Cup Racer, fans can look forward to five more of the brand's sporting highlights on the SEAT stand at the Wörthersee. The Ibiza SC Trophy also has a license to compete on the world's race tracks, particularly in its own single-brand cups in Spain and Italy. For the 2013 season, the 1.4-litre turbocharged engine now has 200 hp / 147 kW, a 7-speed DSG operated from the steering wheel and a mechanical differential lock for outstanding traction. Interested parties with a racing license can acquire the Ibiza SC Trophy from SEAT Sport starting at €31,500 (excl. VAT).
- Pikes Peak Return for Upgraded TMG EV P002TOYOTA Motorsport GmbH (TMG) has sent a revised TMG EV P002 to Pikes Peak International Hill Climb to defend its electric title.
Based on data gained from last year's record-breaking run of 10 minutes 15.380 seconds, engineers at TMG's electric vehicle technology centre have generated more performance from the TMG powertrain to further improve that mark.
- SEAT Leon Cup Racer - commitment to customer racingSEAT is stating its unequivocal commitment to motorsport and to its customers racing teams at the legendary GTI meet in the Austrian region of Karnten. The undeniable hero on the SEAT stand in the town of Reifnitz on the south bank of the Wörthersee is the new Leon Cup Racer. It already gives a very clear indication of what a SEAT touring car racer might look like, prepared for a wide range of racing series worldwide. The 330 hp / 243 kW Leon Cup Racer forms the basis for the development work and test drives to be undertaken over the coming months.
The Cup Racer will be joined on the SEAT stand by five more, extremely fiery and individually equipped versions of the Ibiza and Leon models, as well as an extensive programme for fans of the Spanish brand. At this year's GTI meet – the 32nd held so far – organisers are once again reckoning with well over 100,000 visitors over the four show days.
- Silverado Adds Rugged Luxury with New High CountryThe 2014 Silverado High Country will further broaden Chevrolet's portfolio in the premium pickup segment when it joins the LTZ and Z71 models in the Silverado lineup this fall.
Silverado High Country is distinguished by a unique chrome grille with horizontal chrome bars, halogen projector headlamps and body-color front and rear bumpers. Únique 20-inch chrome wheels with P275/55R20 all-season tires are standard, as are chrome body side moldings, door handles and mirrors.
- 1938 Steyr Roadster Wins Best in Show at Pinehurst ConcoursA rare 1938 Steyr Roadster captured the 'Best in Show' at the inaugural Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance as more than 5,000 car enthusiasts strolled the fairways at Pinehurst Resort, viewing a show field of 118 pristine vintage automobiles.
Peter Boyle of Oil City, Pa., owns the winning automobile
- All-New 2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Scores Early Sales Surge Thanks to New Styling and In-Cabin TechnologiesTORRANCE, Calif., May 6, 2013 – The arrival of the new 2013 next-generation Toyota RAV4 SUV has led to a sales surge for the original crossover SUV that began what is now the fastest growing segment in the auto industry.
RAV4 sales have increased since the new model began rolling into T
- Kia's Popular Family Hauler Returns with Thoughtful Updates and Premium FeaturesThe value-friendly Sedona returns to the Kia line up for 2014, combining practical convenience, modern amenities and a long list of safety features, offering families on-the-go comfort, utility and peace of mind. Úpdated for 2014, the Sedona has won over media and consumers alike with its feature-rich content and powerful engine, making it a capable contender in the minivan segment.
- Land Rover Celebrates 65 Years Of Technology And Innovation With Defender LXV Special EditionLand Rover marks 65years of technology and innovation with a celebratory event at Packington Estate near its Solihull homeland. A 'HÚE' birthday cake was flown in by special delivery in a Lynx helicopter by a member of the 'Black Cats' Royal Navy display team, renowned for thrilling audiences with their dynamic air displays.
The desire to create a vehicle that will tackle any terrain has been at the forefront of the Land Rover brand since the foundations were first sketched in the sand by Maurice Wilks. This principle has subsequently made Land Rover famous around the world since production began in 1948. 'HÚE 166' was the very first Series I Land Rover, affectionately known by many as 'Huey', and will be on prominent display at the event.
- The New Porsche 911 Turbo and 911 Turbo SThe Porsche model offensive in the anniversary year of the 911 is reaching new heights. Fifty years ago, the 911 made its debut at the Frankfurt International Auto Show - and just ten years later, the first 911 Turbo prototype was at the IAA. On this 40th anniversary of the 911 Turbo, Porsche is now presenting the new generation 911 Turbo and Turbo S â€' the technological and dynamic performance peak of the 911 series. A new all-wheel-drive system, active rear axle steering, adaptive aerodynamics, full-LED headlights, and up to 560 hp from a flat six-cylinder engine with twin-turbochargers underscore the role of the new generation 911 Turbo as an ultra performance car, every day car, and technology flagship. Playing an equally crucial role are an entirely new chassis and lightweight design with a 3.9-inch longer wheelbase and larger 20-inch wheels. The Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) active anti-roll system, which is being offered for the first time in 911 Turbo models, increases dynamic performance even more. This system is standard equipment in the 911 Turbo S, as is Sport Chrono Package Plus with dynamic engine mounts, and Porsche Carbon Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB); all of these features are also available as options in the 911 Turbo. The result: The new 911 Turbo S shortens the lap time for the North Loop of the Nurburgring to well under 7 and a half minutes ' with standard production tires.
- RM Auctions Announces Official Parntership With The St James's Concours Of Elegance• RM Auctions announces that it is the official auction partner of the exclusive St James's Concours of Elegance
• London auction dates to change from late October to 7-9 September, 2013 to coincide with the highly anticipated concours event
LONDON (3rd May, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world
- Salon Privé Announces Most Prestigious Judging Panel In Its Eight Year HistoryNew Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance judges for 2013 to include F1's Murray Walker OBE and Pebble Beach's Sandra Button
Syon Park, London, 3 May 2013 – Salon Privé, which takes place from the 4th to 6th September, is proud to announce the line up of 2013 judges for the Chubb Insurance C
- VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE TURBO AND JETTA GLI RECEIVE POWER BOOST- New EA888 Gen 3 engine, produced in Silao, Mexico, makes its U.S. debut
- Engine offers 10 hp increase over previous Gen 2 powerplant
- Beetle models have a manufacturer estimated fuel economy improvement of up to eight percent on the combined cycle
- Beetle R-Line® coupe will be priced from $3
- 12th Annual Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'ElegancePorsche, Corvette, Gatsby Era automobiles and vintage race cars are among featured exhibits
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance, one of the nation's premier automotive events, announces the featured classes for the 2013 Concours
- Ferrari Tribute To Mille MigliaMaranello, 2nd May 2013 – The Ferrari Tribute to Mille Miglia, a re-enactment for Prancing Horse owners of the world's most famous endurance road race, gets underway once again this year on May 16th. Crews aboard post-1957 Ferraris will parade their cars down Brescia's Viale Venezia to open t
- LaFerrari receives design award from AutoScout24Maranello, 2 May 2013. Maranello's special limited series model has received an award from AutoScout24, Europe's biggest online car buying platform with 17.1 millions users annually. 'LaFerrari' was presented with the special Design Award by the editors of AutoScout24 on-line magazine as part
- Six Ferrari Race cars to contest Spa WEC eventMaranello, 2nd May - No fewer than six Ferrari 458 Italia will line up this weekend at the legendary Spa race circuit in Belgium to contest the 6-hour World Endurance Championship (WEC) event.
The two cars leading the charge for the brand will be the AF Corse cars in the GT Pro category. The du
- Tesla Improves Financing Product With Best Resale Value Guarantee And Lower Monthly PaymentsPALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced today that it is raising the Model S resale value guarantee to be the highest of any premium sedan brand made in volume (excludes rare, low volume or limited edition vehicles). Buying a Model S through the Tesla financing offering now comes with a gu
- Red Bull Junior Team Media DayAntónio Félix da Costa, the 21-year-old Portuguese, is the most experienced of the team and had a great time. 'It's really god fun, it's good to get together with the other Junior drivers, we try to keep in touch as much as possible and help each other out. Me Carlos and Daniil are obviously all liv
- Ten-City Acura 'Style Tour' Pairs 2014 Acura Rlx Flagship Luxury Sedan With Local Fashion DesignersAcura today announced the kickoff of the 'Acura RLX Style Tour,' a 10-city experiential marketing campaign that will showcase Acura's new flagship luxury sedan, the 2014 Acura RLX, in photo shoots with the works of up-and-coming local fashion designers.
The tour begins Saturday, May 4, in Dallas
- A Bit Of Brazil On The Dakar 2014The Dakar dreams of Brazil and Brazil dreams of the Dakar! The visit of the Dakar World Tour to Sao Paulo is confirmation of such mutual appreaciation. With the announcement of the participation of Caca Bueno, star of the country's circuits, the Dakar 2014 already seems to be swaying to a samba beat
- Brembo Circuit Identity Cards For Motogp At Spanish Grand Prix (Jerez)What's the 'toughest' track in MotoGP?
Brembo Circuit Identity Cards for MotoGP are available to the public on the Friday before each race at www.Brembo.com.
Each Circuit Identity Card graphic includes general characteristics of the track itself (layout, length, number of braking events and tu
- Nissan Announces Manufacturing Leadership ChangesNissan today announced that Dan Bednarzyk, currently vice president of the Nissan Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant in Mississippi, is named to the newly created position of vice president, Total Delivered Cost, effective May 13.
In this role, Bednarzyk will lead Nissan's efforts to maximize the comp
- Volvo Car Group Reports Break-Even Result For 2012Full-year operating result of MSEK 18
Cost levels adjusted to new business and market situation
Long-term investments for transformation of Volvo Car Group continue
Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) today reports a break-even result for 2012 with a full-year operating inco
- NHRA SOUTHERNNATIONALS PREVIEW: MOPAR SALUTES DON SCHUMACHER, LOOKS TO DEFEND ATLANTA TITLE- Mopar ready for the third event in three weeks, 33rd annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals in Atlanta
vMopar salutes Don Schumacher for his induction to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- Mopar is second in NHRA points standings in both Pro Stock and Funny Car categori
- The New Scuderia Ferrari Watch Collection Was Launched At Baselworld 2013Basel, Switzerland, May 2, 2013 / The new collection of Scuderia Ferrari watches was launched at Baselworld 2013.
Scuderia Ferrari Orologi (SFO) is the new line for men and women which comprises bright, compelling, identifiable watch designs that take their inspiration from Scuderia Ferrari's re
- Scott® Brand Becoms Title Sponsor For Arca Series Race At Road AmericaELKHART LAKE, Wis., (May 3, 2013) - Officials from Kimberly-Clark Professional, Road America and the Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) announced today that SCOTT® Brand products will serve as title sponsor for the 2013 ARCA Racing Series event presented by Menards at Road America in El
- Audi Urban Future Initiative: The City as a Test Laboratory for Future Urban MobilityExtreme Cities Project 2050: seeing cities as an opportunity for mobility
In Boston Audi gets specific with the winning vision from the 2012 Award
Audi sales chief Luca de Meo: 'Important impulses for our innovation strategy leading to sustainable urban mobility'
- Land Rover Celebrates 65 Years Of Technology And InnovationSIXTY-FIVE YEARS OF LAND ROVER
From our earliest days, the desire to create a vehicle that will tackle any terrain has made Land Rover famous around the world. Over the past 65 years, the Land Rover family has grown into the highly respected range of vehicles that are sold in record number
- 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans: A Cool Head in the Face of a New ThreatHeading into the 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans it had become clear Ford was intent on taking the fight to Ferrari. Ford would spare no expense to take the fight to the company it had intended to buy. Ironically, the North American Racing Team would enter a Ferrari that would include the talented Jochen Rindt to help quell the storm. It would prove to be the wall necessary to provide Ferrari its last victory at Le Mans.
Ford had made his declaration of intent to remove Ferrari from its throne as the best at Le Mans. Immediately, the program would set into motion and Ford would quickly build examples of their Mark IIs and the new GT40s. The team's manager would even be able to encourage teams that would normally enter Ferraris to switch and enter GT40s instead. It was clear Ferrari had a target on its back.
- 1969 United States Grand Prix: The Rise of RindtIf there was one racer in the Formula One paddock that drivers and spectators alike believed should have scored his first victory before the start of the 1969 season it would almost unanimously be Jochen Rindt. Fast and flamboyant, the Austrian exhibited car control that enthralled just about everyone it seemed, except perhaps the cars themselves. Constantly undercut by poor reliability, it seemed Rindt was to forever suffer under such an oppressive weight. However, at the 1969 United States Grand Prix Rindt would overcome and the Austrian would rise to the level everyone believed he belonged.
Since his first Formula One start in the Austrian Grand Prix in 1964 for Rob Walker Racing, Rindt had struggled in the World Championship with cars unequal to his outright speed and talent. In spite of an impressive 3rd place in the World Drivers' Championship standings at the end of the 1966 season while driving for Cooper, Rindt would struggle with retirement after retirement and would do no better than 12th in the standings throughout 1965, 1967 and 1968. After one frustrating season with Brabham in which he scored just two finishes out of 12 races, Rindt would be determined to sign with a team that had a winning car.
- 2014 Corvette Stingray to Pace 97th Indianapolis 500The all-new, seventh-generation 2014 Corvette Stingray will serve as the Indianapolis 500 Pace Car, leading the field to green at the start of the 97th running of 'The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,' on Sunday, May 26, at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
It marks a record 12th time the Corvette has served as the Pace Car, starting in 1978.
'It is an honor to help inaugurate the all-new Corvette Stingray at the hallowed Brickyard and further the legacy between Chevrolet and the Indianapolis 500,' said Jim Campbell, GM vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray's performance was influenced by racing, making this prestigious assignment even more fitting.'
- 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans: A Cool Head in the Face of a New ThreatHeading into the 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans it had become clear Ford was intent on taking the fight to Ferrari. Ford would spare no expense to take the fight to the company it had intended to buy. Ironically, the North American Racing Team would enter a Ferrari that would include the talented Jochen R
- 1969 United States Grand Prix: The Rise of RindtIf there was one racer in the Formula One paddock that drivers and spectators alike believed should have scored his first victory before the start of the 1969 season it would almost unanimously be Jochen Rindt. Fast and flamboyant, the Austrian exhibited car control that enthralled just about everyo
- Mclaren P1™: ‘Designed By Air' Interactive Experience UnleashedInsight into the groundbreaking aerodynamic technology which has optimised the bodyshape of the McLaren P1™
Online interactive experience can be found at designedbyair.com
The key to the performance for the McLaren P1™ is aerodynamics, and a new web experience, entitled 'Design
- Qoros 3 Sedan Collects Award For Most Beautiful Car In ChinaShanghai, 29 April 2013 – New international car brand, Qoros, once again attracted attention at the 15th Shanghai International Auto Show by collecting its first design award. In addition to catching the eye of hundreds of thousands of show visitors with its elegant styling and spacious inte
- Road America Partners With Lake Michigan's S.S. Badger Carferry Offering Exclusive Travel Packages For Race FansELKHART LAKE, Wis., (May 2, 2013) - Road America announced today a special partnership with the S.S. Badger, the largest carferry on Lake Michigan, offering race fans a convenient and affordable travel option to take a shortcut across the water from Michigan and enjoy events at America's Nati
- Honda To Build New Transmission Plant In Celaya, MexicoHonda de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. (HDM) today announced plans to construct a new transmission plant in Celaya, near the city of Guanajuato, on the same site as the new automobile plant currently under construction that will begin production of the Honda Fit in Spring 2014.
With an initial investment
- Gm Leads The Vincentric 2013 Best Fleet Value In America AwardsGeneral Motors won nine Vincentric 2013 Best Fleet Value in America™ awards, the most of any manufacturer. Vincentric recognized 13 GM vehicles, including the Chevrolet Express cargo van, winner of the Best Fleet Value award for six consecutive years.
GM Best Fleet Value winners:
- U.S. Dot, Mazda Motorsports, The Ad Council, And Noys Announce Winners Of 2013 Project Yellow Light Video ContestAs part of Global Youth Traffic Safety MonthTM , the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Mazda Motorsports, the Ad Council and the National Organizations for Youth Safety (NOYS) announced the six high school and college winners of their second annual Project Yellow Light scholarship contest. 'O
- Volkswagen Of America, Inc. Invests $10 Million In National Mall RestorationThe Trust for the National Mall, the official non-profit partner of the National Park Service for restoring and improving the National Mall, today announced a gift of $10 million from Volkswagen of America, Inc. The donation, which will be granted over a five-year period, is designed to sustain and
- Bmw Group With Successful Start To New Financial YearFirst-quarter Group revenues at € 17.5 billion
Group EBIT of € 2.0 billion
Group EBT also € 2.0 billion
Group net profit amounts to € 1.3 billion
EBIT margin of 11.6% for the Group
BMW Group reaffirms outlook for full year 2013
Munich. The BMW Group continued to perform well in the
- Ford Adding 2,000-Plus Jobs At Kansas City Assembly To Support Surging F-150 Demand, Ford Transit Launch- Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant will add more than 2,000 jobs to support high demand for Ford F-150 plus the planned production of the all-new Transit family of commercial vehicles starting next summer; more than 1,000 will be new hires
- Ford F-Series sales up 24 percent in April and 19 perce
- Mitsubishi Motors Reports 77 Percent Increase For Outlander Sport Sales In AprilCYPRESS, Calif. (May 1, 2013) – Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported sales of the U.S.-built Outlander Sport achieved a year-over-year sales increase of more than 77 percent in April.
The 2,111 units sold is the third-highest-ever total of Outlander Sport sales in a month
- 1941 Cadillac Series 62Cadillac concentrated on a single line of V8 engines for 1941 and removed both the lower-priced LaSalle and the super-luxury V16. 1941 was also the final year in which an open four-door convertible sedan model was offered, now with vacuum-assisted top operation.
There were only about 400 convertible sedans produced by Cadillac in 1941, out of over 24,000 Series 62 models built. Priced at $1,965, they were among the top of the Series 62 price range.
- Delahaye Type 135Figoni & Falaschi was known for producing some of the most flamboyant, if not elegant coachwork of the French carrossiers. Joseph Figoni loved working with the designers of high fashion who created gowns, hats, gloves, and shoes that perfectly matched the designs and colors of his cars. Falaschi once said, 'We were truly couturiers of automotive coachwork, dressing and undressing a chassis one, two, or three times and even more before arriving at the definitive line that we wanted to give a specific chassis-coachwork ensemble.'
This car was ordered by Mr. Jeancart of Paris, a wealthy French industrialist who purchased many Figoni-bodied cars. It made its debut at a Paris Concours d'Elegance where it was shown by the Countess De Saint-Amour de Chanaz. It is a sister to the 1936 Paris Salon show car and one of Figoni's first fully enclosed aerodynamic creations, predating the Talbot-Lagos that he also designed.
- Nissan Announces U.S. Pricing For 2014 Gt-R Track Edition - Production Limited To 150 UnitsNissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced U.S. pricing for the new 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition of $115,710* USD. The Track Edition is designed to take the legendary street supercar even closer to a pure motorsports competition machine**. It features a specially tuned suspension, special brake cooling guides, front spoiler with carbon fiber air ducts and a lightweight quilted cloth mat where the rear seats usually reside. Availability of the GT-R Track Edition is limited to 150 units for the United States. It is on sale now at select certified Nissan GT-R dealers nationwide.
- Tradition Continues At Auctions America'S Spring Carlisle Collector Car AuctionTradition continued in Carlisle, Pennsylvania this past weekend, as Auctions America returned for its third annual Spring Carlisle collector car auction. Held at the Carlisle Expo Center, the two-day auction - a featured attraction of the Carlisle Events Spring Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet and Corral weekend - generated over $2.2 million* in total sales with more than 53 percent of all lots sold.
This year's strong attendance saw high quality collector cars sell before a lively crowd. Bidders hailed from 27 states across the U.S. with over one third of bidders representing first time clientele. Top sale honors went to a rare, Bloomington Gold Certified 1959 Chevrolet Corvette 'Big-Brake' Fuel-Injected Convertible that realized a final price of $148,500. The handsome black Corvette, one of only 142 built, boasts an extensive frame-off restoration and complete owner history dating back to 1959. Taking the number two spot was a beautifully restored 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe for $96,250.
- 'Urban Outlaw' Magnus Walker To Attend 2013 Pinehurst ConcoursVILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (May 1, 2013) – Clothing magnet Magnus Walker, a rebel Porsche customizer who has turned a hobby into an obsession, will make the cross-country trip from Los Angeles to attend the inaugural Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance vintage auto showcase, officials said.
- Chrysler Group LLC Reports April 2013 U.S. Sales Increased 11 Percent; Best April Sales in Six Years- Best April sales since 2007
- 37th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
- Seven Chrysler Group vehicles set sales records for month of April
- Dodge Dart compact car records highest monthly sales since 2012 vehicle launch
- Dodge Durango sales up 65 percent; best April sales sin
- Toyota Motor Sales Issues April 2013 Sales PreviewTORRANCE, Calif. (May 1, 2013) Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. reported monthly sales of 176,160 units in April 2013, down 1.1 percent on an unadjusted raw volume basis, 5.0 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
'From an industry standpoint, continued retail sales growth indi
- Nissan Announces U.S. Pricing For 2014 Gt-R Track Edition - Production Limited To 150 UnitsNissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced U.S. pricing for the new 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition of $115,710* USD. The Track Edition is designed to take the legendary street supercar even closer to a pure motorsports competition machine**. It features a specially tuned suspension, special br
- Audi achieves third-best monthly sales in its history in April 2013• Audi sold 13,157 vehicles in April, up 14.2%; YTD sales up 15.5%
• Only December 2012, March 2013 topped the April 2013 sales totals
• Top-end A8, A7, A6, Q7 models make up 32% of total April sales
Audi today reported April 2013 sales of 13,157 vehicles, a 14.2% increase over the previous Apr
- Toyota Motor Sales Reports Steady Sales in April 2013Avalon Posts Triple Digit Gains and RAV4 Records Best-Ever April Sales; Truck Sales Up 5.7 Percent
TORRANCE, Calif. (May 1, 2013) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported April 2013 sales results of 176,160 units, a decrease of 5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR)
- Gm Is First Automaker To Sign ‘Climate Declaration'General Motors is the first automaker among 40 major U.S. companies to sign a 'Climate Declaration,' collectively asserting that responding to climate change is good business.
The campaign is organized by sustainable business advocacy group Ceres and its Business for Innovative Climate & Energy
- Porsche Reports Best Sales Month In History; Deliveries Up 29 Percent YtdPorsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), importer and distributor of Porsche sports cars, Cayenne SUVs and the Panamera four-door sports sedan line-up in the United States, today announced April 2013 sales of 4,032 vehicles, marking the highest sales month in PCNA history. This compares to 3,437 veh
- Land Rover Debuts Unique On-Line Video, Roam Free, Evoking 'Nature' Parkour(MAHWAH, N.J.) - May 1, 2013 - Land Rover North America has launched a new online video titled; Roam Freethat celebrates the unparalleled capabilities of the brand's luxury vehicles. The 60 second video uses the free-form discipline of parkour to bring to life the brand's essence. It is avail
- Dream Start In Argentina: Volkswagen Wins QualifyingJari Matti Latvala/Miikka Anttila (FIN/FIN) finished qualifying for the Rally Argentina in first place in their Volkswagen Polo R WRC. The Finnish duo secured the best time by a whisker, coming in just three hundredths of a second faster than the record-breaking world champion Loeb and their team-ma
- Mercedes-Benz Sails Into Second Quarter With Record April Sales Of 23,635MONTVALE, N.J. - Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) today reported the highest second quarter start in its history with record April sales of 26,157, a 4.4% increase over April 2012. Mercedes-Benz models alone saw a 5.8% gain in sales volume at 23,635 bringing year-to-date totals for the brand to 92,8
- Kia Motors America Announces Strong April SalesIRVINE, Calif., May 1, 2013 – With the first deliveries of the all-new 2014 Cadenza and Forte sedans taking place throughout the month, Kia Motors America (KMA) today reported best-ever April sales of 47,556 units. The U.S.-built* Optima midsize sedan led Kia's sales for the 17th consecutive
- Mazda Reports April Sales ResultsIRVINE, Calif. (May 1, 2013) - Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported April U.S. sales of 19,894 vehicles, representing a decrease of 7.5 percent versus last year. Year-to-date sales through April are down 5.2 percent versus last year, with 98,177 vehicles sold.
Lead by Mazd
- Volvo Announces April SalesROCKLEIGH, N.J. (May 1, 2013) - Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, (VCNA) reported U.S. sales of 4,464 units, a 7.9 percent decrease from April 2012. Year-to-date sales are down 8 percent over the first four months of 2012.
The S60 sports sedan was the top seller for the month with 1,547 units sol
- Infiniti U.S. Sales Increase 10 Percent In AprilNASHVILLE, Tenn. - Infiniti today reported U.S. sales of 7,844 vehicles for the month of April, an increase of 10.0 percent versus 7,129 units a year earlier. Calendar year-to-date sales for Infiniti are 35,220, up 5.6 percent from 33,349 units in 2012.
Highlights of Infiniti's sales pe
- Hyundai Motor America Sets All-Time Record AprilElantra up 45 percent
Azera up 48 percent
All-new Santa Fe up 10 percent
Inventory remains tight, especially for fast-turning Sonata
Assurance Connected Care launching May 16
COSTA MESA, Calif., May 1, 2013 – Hyundai Motor America today anno
- Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle
- Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in
- Nissan Reports 23.2% Increase In U.S. April SalesNissan North America, Inc. today reported April U.S. sales of 87,847 units versus 71,329 units a year earlier, up 23.2 percent. Nissan Division sales rose 24.6 percent for the month at 80,003 units, driven by retail sales gains by top-selling models like Altima, Pathfinder, Sentra and Rogue. Sales
- Bmw Group U.S. Reports April 2013 SalesBMW brand sales up 10.3 percent
MINI brand sales up 1 percent
BMW Motorcycle sales up 31.6 percent
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – May 1, 2013… The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported April sales of 29,011 vehicles, an increase of 8.3 percent from the 2
- Honda Gives Insider View Of Indycar Teams With 'Inside The Indy® Challenge'Honda unveiled the 'Inside the Indy® Challenge' social media initiative today, highlighting the adrenalin-charged journey of Honda-powered IndyCar® teams, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports and Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports as they strive for success at the ultra-competitive 'Greatest Spectacle in Racing',
- Information And Comments – DTM Season-Opener At HockenheimDTM season-opener (4th- 5th May 2013) in Hockenheim – home fixture for Mercedes-Benz
Formel 1 star Nico Rosberg to guest at DTM opening weekend
'The 2013 DTM at a glance' – information sheet with DTM regulations and innovations for this year – in attachment
- SUBARU REPORTS BEST-EVER APRIL SALES• April 2013 is best April sales month in Subaru history
• Sales of 32,943 units represent a 25 percent increase over April 2012
Cherry Hill, N.J., - Subaru of America, Inc. today reported 32,943 vehicle sales for April 2013, which represents a 25 percent increase over April 2012 and the
- Honda April Sales Up On CR-V Monthly Sales Record; All-New RLX Flagship Sedan Bolsters Acura Sales Gain05/01/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda today reported April 2013 U.S. sales of 130,999 units, an increase of 7.4 percent compared with April 2012 (up 3.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). The Honda brand posted April 2013 sales of 117,100 units, an increase of 6.6 percent
- CHRYSLER GROUP LLC REPORTS APRIL 2013 U.S. SALES INCREASED 11 PERCENT; BEST APRIL SALES IN SIX YEARS- Best April sales since 2007
- 37th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
- Seven Chrysler Group vehicles set sales records for month of April
- Dodge Dart compact car records highest monthly sales since 2012 vehicle launch
- Dodge Durango sales up 65 percent; best April sales since 2
- GM'S U.S. SALES UP 11 PERCENT FOR BEST APRIL IN FIVE YEARSGeneral Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) sold 237,646 vehicles in the United States in April, up 11 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 10 percent, fleet sales were up 16 percent and the fleet mix was 28 percent of total sales.
'Car-buying conditions are strong and will continue to rele
- Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Up 18 Percent; Ford Fusion, Ford Escape And New Lincoln Mkz Set Sales Records- Ford Motor Company April U.S. sales up 18 percent compared to last year – best April sales since 2007, with cars up 21 percent, utilities up 16 percent and trucks up 16 percent
- Fusion and Escape both establish April sales records, with sales increases of 24 and 52 percent respectively
- Volkswagen Of America Reports April Sales- April sales total 33,644 units delivered
- April sales total 33,644 units, representing an 10.3 percent decrease versus the prior year
- Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 9,069 units for the month, 30.8 percent TDI® Clean Diesel
- Jetta Sedan achieved 11,110 sales in April
- Best year-to-date
- Chrysler Group Named Among Top Workplaces For Native Americans And Alaska Natives- Company selected number ten in the inaugural Top 50 list developed by the editors of Winds of Change magazine
- The list celebrates companies that support diversity in the workplace, especially for Native American Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) professionals
- Chrysler Group is
- Silver Tsunami Practices Safe Driving Says AAA SurveyDespite popular belief, senior drivers engage in safe driving habits especially older women
WASHINGTON, May 1, 2013 - Nine in 10 older drivers buckle up when they get behind the wheel and more than a third have taken driver improvement courses, according to data surveying more than
- CODA HOLDINGS, INC. TO RESTRUCTURE BUSINESS AROUND ENERGY STORAGELOS ANGELES, May 1, 2013 - CODA Holdings, Inc. ('the Company' or 'CODA') announced today that it is focusing its business strategy on the growing energy storage market. CODA plans to implement the restructuring of its business through a voluntary filing under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptc
- A Billion Horsepower and Growing - Toyota's West Virginia Plant Celebrates Production of Its 10 Millionth UnitBUFFALO, W. Va. (May 1, 2013) – Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia, Inc., (TMMWV) and its 1,300 team members celebrated production of the plant's 10 millionth powertrain unit at a ceremony this afternoon with guests from the state's business and civic community. Powertrain units incl
- Land Rover Releases First Ever Exploration Driving App For All-New Range RoverThe Trail Less Traveled app is available now on Apple's iTunes for iPhone and iPad
• App enables consumers to explore the most capable, most refined Range Rover ever, inside and out, through an eight-stage interactive journey from four synced camera angles
(MAHWAH, NJ) - May 1, 201