Although this car was built in 1937, it was not registered until 1945, due chiefly to the war in Europe. The 25/30 was built between 1936 and 1938. It was powered by a 4257cc, inline six-cylinder engine with a 6:1 compression ratio.
In 1925 Gurney Nutting made the first of what would become one of the outstanding bodies installed on the Rolls-Royce chassis - the Sedanca de Ville (or town car). Eventually, Gurney Nutting coachwork became a favorite of several notable residents of Windsor Castle.
The four-wheel brake system, receives assistance from a mechanical servo under license from Hispano-Suiza. It has rigid front and rear ales suspended by half elliptic springs with hydraulic dampers.