The car leaves factory wîth chassis SN / 0117S engine N° 0117S ; it is a 195 inter wîth a Motto body ( there is 27 cars 195 inter and 117S was the only coatchbuilding by Motto) ,the original color of the car was yellow. The first owner is the Torino race-driver Salvatore AMMENDOLA and he bought the car the 29/03/1951.First plate N° 118821TO The Car was found after 40 years in a barn by Marcel Massini, in south of California.
The successives owners: • sold to GALIBERTI Gustavo the 05/11/1952 (Milano) plate N° 203314 MI
• sold to SABBIA Prospero the 23/01/1954
• sold to LO COCO Domenico the 06/07/1955 Who sold to CREPALDI Gastone Concessionary to Milano ( this fact was confirm to me by Mr LOCOCO himself in august 2007) who place the 121LM Scaglietti Barchetta (more probably than a 750 Monza) the 17/02/1956 (color silver)( confirm by the 'pubblico registro Italiano' and automobile club d' Italia ) .
• sold to CÚRTI Edoardo (Milano) plate N°318411MI
• At the beginning of the years '60' the car leaves Italy and go to the ÚSA • 196 (?) sold to Peter HELM ( Hollywood actor) in California: pictures and confirmation by peter Helm himself in august 2007.
• 1968 - 2006 same owner during 40years Richard Allen POLODOR California : The engine is replace by a 250GTE 2+2 (N°4063GT) coming from the 250 GTE of Mr peter MONTEVERDI Swiss importer,concessionary Ferrari and car constructor.Plate XÚR 237
• sold to paul Grant (Vandervaeken) belgium the 19/08/2006 by RM'S Monterey Sport Car Auction
• sold to the current owner DAÚLIACH Guy ( French ) who begin a light but integral restoration.
Race result of 117S. • wîth Ammendola Salvatore and Fausto Rodenghi :first at 'the stella Alpina' trento bondone.1951 (number bonnet N°258)
• wîth Ammendola ; second at the 'coppa europa' 15/04/1951 (N°108)
• wîth Ammendola ; 15th at the Mille Miglia 29/04/1951 (N°413)
• wîth Lo coco domenico 6th at the Bolzano -Mendola 03/07/1955 (N°316)
Below is a comprehensive list of books, compiled by Guy Dauliach, that mention 0117S
-FERRARI by MAILLANDER page 131 N°race 108 coppa inter europa 3 april 1951 -STELLA ALPINA 1947-2006 by Cifarelli nanni 2007 edition31 trento page 59 and 65 N°race 258 -MAKING A DIFFERENCE by Massini marcel page 94 and 95 -TRENTO-BONDONE L'Úniversita della salita by francesco Panarotto e gianni Tomazzoni page 13 and 14 N° race 258 -LA FERRARI ALLA MILLE MIGLIA gianni Marzotto editione Auto critica may 1987 page 53 N°race 413 -RED ARROW Ferrari at the Mille Miglia giannino Marzotto editore 2001 by giorgio Nada page 69 and 214 N°race 413 - THE FERRARI AÚTOMOBILI 1947-1953 by Millanta-Orsini-Zagari who treat of 0117S pages N° 205, 207,235, and 436 - GÚIDE FERRARI par serge Bellu EPA Page 17 - FERRARI NOS JOIES TERRIBLES par MaximeHubner ETAI Page 13/ 14 /15 - FERRARI BY VIGNALE BY Marcel Massini page 60,page 100.(about 0117S engine). - FERRARI A COMPLETE GÚIDE TO ALL MODELS BY Leonardo Acerbi page 33. - FERRARISSIMA N° 4 by Automobilia page 117 - FERRARISSIMA N°10 by Automobilia page 148 - MILLE MIGLIA 1927-1951 THE ALFA FERRARI YEARS by R.M. Clarke page 164 page 169 - FERRARI YEAR BOOK 1951 by Gruppo Sportivo Ferraristi.(no numbering paging).Source - Guy Dauliach
The beautiful unrestored 1951 Ferrari 195 Inter was offered for sale at the 2006 RM Auction in Monterey, California where it was estimated to fetch between $200,000 and $300,000. The car had been added to the auction catalog after the list had been closed and many cautious bidders thought it to be a replica. The car was offered in unrestored condition. At the conclusion of the auction, the vehicle had been sold for $231,000. By Daniel Vaughan | Sep 2009