Top Auction Sales
Monthly Sales and Production
1951 Ferrari Type 195 Inter
1951 Ferrari Type 195 Inter information
Sold for $231,000 at
2006 RM Auctions
The car leaves factory wîth chassis SN / 0117S engine N° 0117S ; it is a 195 inter wîth a Motto body ( there is 27 cars 195 inter and 117S was the only coatchbuilding by Motto) ,the original color of the car was yellow.
The first owner is the Torino race-driver Salvatore AMMENDOLA and he bought the car the 29/03/1951.First plate N° 118821TO
The Car was found after 40 years in a barn by Marcel Massini, in south of California.
The successives owners:
• sold to GALIBERTI Gustavo the 05/11/1952 (Milano) plate N° 203314 MI
• sold to SABBIA Prospero the 23/01/1954
• sold to LO COCO Domenico the 06/07/1955 Who sold to CREPALDI Gastone Concessionary to Milano ( this fact was confirm to me by Mr LOCOCO himself in august 2007) who place the 121LM Scaglietti Barchetta (more probably than a 750 Monza) the 17/02/1956 (color silver)( confirm by the 'pubblico registro Italiano' and automobile club d' Italia ) .
• sold to CÚRTI Edoardo (Milano) plate N°318411MI
• At the beginning of the years '60' the car leaves Italy and go to the ÚSA
• 196 (?) sold to Peter HELM ( Hollywood actor) in California: pictures and confirmation by peter Helm himself in august 2007.
• 1968 - 2006 same owner during 40years Richard Allen POLODOR California : The engine is replace by a 250GTE 2+2 (N°4063GT) coming from the 250 GTE of Mr peter MONTEVERDI Swiss importer,concessionary Ferrari and car constructor.Plate XÚR 237
• sold to paul Grant (Vandervaeken) belgium the 19/08/2006 by RM'S Monterey Sport Car Auction
• sold to the current owner DAÚLIACH Guy ( French ) who begin a light but integral restoration.
Race result of 117S.
• wîth Ammendola Salvatore and Fausto Rodenghi :first at 'the stella Alpina' trento bondone.1951 (number bonnet N°258)
• wîth Ammendola ; second at the 'coppa europa' 15/04/1951 (N°108)
• wîth Ammendola ; 15th at the Mille Miglia 29/04/1951 (N°413)
• wîth Lo coco domenico 6th at the Bolzano -Mendola 03/07/1955 (N°316)
Below is a comprehensive list of books, compiled by Guy Dauliach, that mention 0117S
-FERRARI by MAILLANDER page 131 N°race 108 coppa inter europa 3 april 1951
-STELLA ALPINA 1947-2006 by Cifarelli nanni 2007 edition31 trento page 59 and 65 N°race 258
-MAKING A DIFFERENCE by Massini marcel page 94 and 95
-TRENTO-BONDONE L'Úniversita della salita by francesco Panarotto e gianni Tomazzoni page 13 and 14 N° race 258
-LA FERRARI ALLA MILLE MIGLIA gianni Marzotto editione Auto critica may 1987 page 53 N°race 413
-RED ARROW Ferrari at the Mille Miglia giannino Marzotto editore 2001 by giorgio Nada page 69 and 214 N°race 413
- THE FERRARI AÚTOMOBILI 1947-1953 by Millanta-Orsini-Zagari who treat of 0117S pages N° 205, 207,235, and 436
- GÚIDE FERRARI par serge Bellu EPA Page 17
- FERRARI NOS JOIES TERRIBLES par MaximeHubner ETAI Page 13/ 14 /15
- FERRARI BY VIGNALE BY Marcel Massini page 60,page 100.(about 0117S engine).
- FERRARI A COMPLETE GÚIDE TO ALL MODELS BY Leonardo Acerbi page 33.
- FERRARISSIMA N° 4 by Automobilia page 117
- FERRARISSIMA N°10 by Automobilia page 148
- MILLE MIGLIA 1927-1951 THE ALFA FERRARI YEARS by R.M. Clarke page 164 page 169
- FERRARI YEAR BOOK 1951 by Gruppo Sportivo Ferraristi.(no numbering paging).
Source - Guy Dauliach
Sold for $231,000 at
2006 RM Auctions
The beautiful unrestored 1951 Ferrari 195 Inter was offered for sale at the 2006 RM Auction in Monterey, California where it was estimated to fetch between $200,000 and $300,000. The car had been added to the auction catalog after the list had been closed and many cautious bidders thought it to be a replica. The car was offered in unrestored condition. At the conclusion of the auction, the vehicle had been sold for $231,000.
By Daniel Vaughan | Sep 2009