This original custom-built Locomobile is unrestored except for its wheels, which have been painted to the original color of black and new tires were added. The top and upholstery are also original. The owner's monogram 'AMB' is still visible between the doors.
The car has a 525 cubic inch, dual ignition, six-cylinder engine mounted on a standard Locomobile 142-inch wheelbase chassis. The crankcase, carburetor and water pump are made of manganese bronze. The car was custom built for Albert Barnes whose Wall Street Investment firm acquired Dodge Brothers Motor Co. and sold it to Walter P. Chrysler in 1927.
This car is the first pre-1925 Locomobile to be awarded full classic status by the Classic Car Club of America.