The Byers SR-100 represents one of the finest designed American sports car bodies of the 1950s. The Byers SR-100 was the cover car of the February 1957 Road and Track magazine. Road and Track editor/owner John Bond, asked the question - 'Is this the world's most beautiful sports car?'
This was quite an achievement for Jim Byers who designed the car in 1956 and made it available for sale late the same year. Jim Byers originally worked with Dick Jones to create and build the 1955 Meteor sports car which made its debut at the Los Angeles Motor Show. Jim Byers changed the line of the Meteor body by adding a kick-up over the rear fenders making the body more appealing in the opinion of many. Total production of bodies manufactured is estimated to be 25. The car is powered by an eight-cylinder, 265 cubic-inch engine.
For more information and related vehicles, click here
•Mercedes-Benz Classic presents highlights in the history of the DTM in hall 7 at the show in Stuttgart
•Strong presence by the company and the brand clubs at southern Germany's leading show for automotive classics
•Fascinating dialogue between competition models and the top-of-the-line C-Class models from Mercedes-AMG
120 years of motor sport history at Mercedes-Benz also stand for twelve decades in a culture of ongoing innovation for series production cars which is fuelled by strong impul...[Read more...]
RM Auctions, the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles, will hold its Amelia Island, Florida, sale on March 8th at the Ritz-Carlton.
As the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's Amelia Island sale will feature a magnificent selection of more than 80 handpicked automobiles, with an emphasis on important and historic sports and racing cars, along with elegant coachbuilt classics. Full events details, including a frequently ...[Read more...]
• Final countdown underway to Auctions America's Auburn Spring collector car weekend, May 9 – 11 at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana
• Sale lifts the gavel on approximately 500 quality collector cars and features full day of memorabilia
• Latest auction highlights include a 1930 Packard Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton, a 1938 Cadillac V-16 Convertible Coupe, and a very rare 1967 Ford Fairlane 500XL R-Code in addition to the previously announced John Soneff estate collection
• Week...[Read more...]
• Auctions America presents the first of two annual Auburn sales, May 9 – 11 at historic Auburn Auction Park in Auburn, Indiana
• Multi-day sale lifts gavel on 600 quality collector cars and an assortment of memorabilia
• Notable early highlights include selection of Hudsons from the respected John Soneff Collection
• Weekend also features inaugural Antique Automobile Club of America Central Division National Spring Meet, and an extensive car corral and swap meet presented by Carlisle Events...[Read more...]
• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013
• Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars
• Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]