The Byers SR-100 represents one of the finest designed American sports car bodies of the 1950s. The Byers SR-100 was the cover car of the February 1957 Road and Track magazine. Road and Track editor/owner John Bond, asked the question - 'Is this the world's most beautiful sports car?'
This was quite an achievement for Jim Byers who designed the car in 1956 and made it available for sale late the same year. Jim Byers originally worked with Dick Jones to create and build the 1955 Meteor sports car which made its debut at the Los Angeles Motor Show. Jim Byers changed the line of the Meteor body by adding a kick-up over the rear fenders making the body more appealing in the opinion of many. Total production of bodies manufactured is estimated to be 25. The car is powered by an eight-cylinder, 265 cubic-inch engine.
For more information and related vehicles, click here
Concours d'elegance, parades and special races on roads closed to traffic: this is the packed programme reserved for the historic cars arriving at the medieval Dyck castle
• Alfa Romeo takes part with four precious models: the prototype 750 Competizione (1955), the 8C 2900 Le Mans (1938), the Giulietta SZ (1960) and the 1900 Sport Spider (1954)
• Under the spotlight the Lancia 037 Rally (1984 - group B) and the Formula 1 Lancia D50 (1955)
• At the German event also the Abarth 1000 Monomille ...[Read more...]
The inaugural Concours d'Elegance at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens welcomed over 180 rare and exclusive automobiles, motorcycles, and bicycles on the well-manicured 70-acre landscape. The backdrop for this elegant affair was the 6th largest historic estate open to the public - the Stan Hywet – which has the reputation as being the home of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. co-founder F.A. Seiberling.
On the day of the concours, the weather report predicted rain. Instead, the enthusiasts and colle...[Read more...]
• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]
BUFFALO, N.Y. – Some of General Motors' advanced manufacturing techniques to produce the all-new, Gen 5 Small Block engine family are microscopic, but they have a huge impact on the 75-year-old Tonawanda Engine Plant, where about 1,500 jobs have been created and retained since 2009.
As a result of GM's $400 million investment, Tonawanda will eventually produce four versions of the Gen 5 Small Block – a 4.3L V-6, 5.3L V-8 and two variants of a 6.2L V-8. When the plant is at full product...[Read more...]
'Variety' is the buzzword for this year's Auctions America by RM June 1-3 Auburn Spring auction, which will offer a huge range of collector vehicles and an enormous private collection of automotive memorabilia. More than 600 American muscle cars, Classics, foreign sports cars and hot rods will cross the block at the historic Auburn Auction Park, the company's national headquarters in Auburn, Indiana.
'Last year was our first spring event at the park,' said Auctions America by RM's President ...[Read more...]