The Byers SR-100 represents one of the finest designed American sports car bodies of the 1950s. The Byers SR-100 was the cover car of the February 1957 Road and Track magazine. Road and Track editor/owner John Bond, asked the question - 'Is this the world's most beautiful sports car?'
This was quite an achievement for Jim Byers who designed the car in 1956 and made it available for sale late the same year. Jim Byers originally worked with Dick Jones to create and build the 1955 Meteor sports car which made its debut at the Los Angeles Motor Show. Jim Byers changed the line of the Meteor body by adding a kick-up over the rear fenders making the body more appealing in the opinion of many. Total production of bodies manufactured is estimated to be 25. The car is powered by an eight-cylinder, 265 cubic-inch engine.
For more information and related vehicles, click here
The latest technology for the AMG off-road icon: the new 2014 G63 AMG impresses with a state-of-the-art powertrain, expressive new design and improved efficiency. All this is largely attributable to the AMG 5.5-liter V8 biturbo engine delivering 536 hp and the AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7-speed automatic transmission.
Every new AMG high-performance vehicle offers an outstanding mix of 'more power from less fuel' – and the G63 AMG is no exception. The 'strong man' in the AMG model range has been furt...[Read more...]
• Final countdown underway to RM's annual Hershey, Pennsylvania auction, held October 10 – 11 during the historic AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet
• Two-day sale features 116 vehicles, with an emphasis on Brass and Classic Era motor cars
• Sale entries led by a rare, award-winning 1933 Chrysler CL Imperial Convertible Roadster
• Auction also features number of vehicles steeped with local Pennsylvania history
• Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (S...[Read more...]
• Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
• Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
• Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
• Full event details and a frequentl...[Read more...]
In August 1985, a rumour surfaced in motor magazine Auto-Deutschland which emanated from a new sports car. An A Group Car from BMW that was a thoroughbred racing car according to the rules but was also to be produced in a version licensed to drive on open roads for everyday use. Speculation about this dream car that could take to normal roads and was intended for the 'Most dynamic among BMW 3 Series drivers' was right on target. But the pundits missed the mark about the motor-sport car by a mile...[Read more...]
'Variety' is the buzzword for this year's Auctions America by RM June 1-3 Auburn Spring auction, which will offer a huge range of collector vehicles and an enormous private collection of automotive memorabilia. More than 600 American muscle cars, Classics, foreign sports cars and hot rods will cross the block at the historic Auburn Auction Park, the company's national headquarters in Auburn, Indiana.
'Last year was our first spring event at the park,' said Auctions America by RM's President ...[Read more...]