| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 3.2 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 230 hp
Torque: 234 ft-lbs
Two long-travel strut-type suspension units wîth coil springs and anti-roll bars are mounted to an isolated subframe at each end of the LR2 to deliver agile, predictable, and refined on-road handling wîth class-leading off-road mobility. The power rack-and-pinion §teering gear is rigidly attached to the front sub-frame to optimize feedback from the road and to quicken §teering response. All-terrain radial tires mounted to aluminum wheels also aid the LR2's breadth of capability.
The LR2's 8.3-inch ground clearance provides excellent approach and departure angles, and ability to wade through nearly 20 inches of water.
Large ventilated disc brakes provide ample stopping power. The 12.5-inch diameter front rotors and 12.0-inch rear rotors are configured to pump cooling air from their centers outward. An advanced electronic modulator is programmed wîth several control functions:
• ABS to avoid locking a wheel during emergency braking
• Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) to balance front and rear braking effort even wîth large changes in cargo and passenger loading
• Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) to boost pedal pressure when necessary to shorten stopping distances
• Corner Brake Control (CBC) for improved stability while braking hard in a corner
• Hill Descent Control (HDC) to automatically provide wheel braking on steep down hill grades
• Gradient Release Control (GRC) is a gradual release of brake line pressure when the brakes are released on extremely steep grades to provide a gentle controlled descent.
• Electronic Traction Control (ETC) minimizes wheel slip during acceleration
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) helps maintain the path selected by the driver during slippery road conditions
• Roll Stability Control (RSC) uses gyroscopic sensors wired to the electronic modulator to signal the need for incremental outer-wheel braking when body roll angles are excessive for a particular curved path.
Land Rover's patented Terrain Response™ system optimizes the response of the engine, transmission, center coupling, and chassis systems to maximize mobility in many different conditions. Traction, comfort, and drivability all benefit. The four available settings are General Driving, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud and Ruts, and Sand.EXTERIOR DESIGN