Jaguar XF Base Model Gains New 385-HP V8 for 2011Numerous Refinements Added to All XF Models
The Jaguar XF sport sedan enters its third model year wîth a major powertrain change; for 2011, the 5.0-liter AJ-V8 Gen III direct-injection engine, already standard on the XF Premium model, replaces the previous 4.2-liter V8 in the XF base model. As a result, the entry Jaguar now offers 385 hp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, substantial increases over the 300 hp and 310 lb.-ft. for the 2010 4.2-liter model, and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds. The 2011 Jaguar XF is the only car in its §egmènt to offer an all-V8 engine lineup.
New for 2011, all Jaguar models come standard wîth Jaguar Platinum Coverage, which includes for 5 years or 50,000 miles (which ever comes first) complimentary scheduled maintenance, no-cost replacement of basic wear and tear items including: brake pads and discs, oil and brake fluid changes and wiper blade inserts, 5 year/50,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty and 24/7 roadside assistance.
The AJ-V8 Gen III brings wîth it additional benefits to the base model wîth the inclusion of JaguarDrive™ Dynamic Mode and a service interval extended to 15,000 miles or one year versus 10,000 miles or one year for the previous engine. Dynamic Mode modifies the throttle, stability and transmission parameters (also Adaptive Dynamics on XF Supercharged and XFR) for a sportier driving experience. Front brake rotors are 0.15-inch (29mm) larger on the 2011 base XF, matching the XF Premium.
The 2011 Jaguar XF gains additional refinements for 2011:
• Redesigned side mirror bases further reduce wind noise.
• XF base model now features standard Burl Walnut veneer interior trim; Satin American Walnut is a no-charge option.
• Heated windshield now available on all models; packaged wîth heated §teering wheel on base XF and a standalone option on other models.
• 6-CD changer now bundled wîth optional Bowers & Wilkins Premium Audio Package.
• 19-inch Caravela wheels from the XK now available as an option for the XF Premium (no-charge option if ordered wîth Portfolio Package).
• Artura wheels replace Carelia wheels as the 19-inch optional wheels on XF.
• JaguarSense® glove box opening sensor replaced by a pushbutton for more convenient operation.
• Black grille for XFR.
• New colors: Claret (not available on XFR); Polaris White replaces Porcelain (all models); Stratus Grey replaces Pearl Grey; Crystal Blue will replace Frost Blue in the first quarter, and Spectrum Blue is now available for the XFR.
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 4.2 L., 8-cylinder|
Power: 300 hp
Torque: 303 ft-lbs
Engine : 5.0 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 510 hp
Torque: 461 ft-lbs
The Jaguar XF base model includes as standard a navigation system wîth voice guidance, Bluetooth® wireless technology for hands-free calling, and Satellite Radio. The XF Premium increases the luxury quotient wîth standard active ventilated heated and cooled front seats, Jaguar Smart Key System™ wîth keyless entry; soft grain leather seating surfaces and soft grain stitched and tailored instrument panel and door top rolls; Blind Spot Monitor; Front Parking Aid, and Rear Camera Parking aid wîth guidance lines on display.
The XF Premium can be augmented wîth the Portfolio Package, which is subtly distinguished by its 20-inch Senta alloy wheels and Figured Ebony veneer interior trim. Additional standard luxury expands to include a heated §teering wheel; electric rear window sunblind; 16-way driver and 12-way front passenger active ventilated heated and cooled front seats, and a Jaguar Suedecloth premium headlining. The door top-rolls and instrument panel are trimmed wîth contrast color twin-needle stitching, and premium carpet mats feature contrast edge binding and embroidered Jaguar wordmark.
XF Supercharged and XFR
The Jaguar XF Supercharged and XFR are powered by a 5.0-liter direct-injection supercharged V8 engine that delivers 470 hp and 424 lb/ft of torque and can accelerate the car from zero to 60 mph in just 4.9 seconds; the XFR delivers 510 hp and 461 lb.-ft. of torque and can go from rest to 60 in just 4.7 seconds. A twin vortex system (TVS) supercharger and twin water-cooled intercoolers are efficiently packaged in the engine's V.
The XF Supercharged and XFR models share key chassis technologies for optimum handling performance: Adaptive Dynamics and Active Differential Control. The Adaptive Dynamics active damping system optimizes both handling agility and ride comfort. The system monitors body movement 100 times per second and wheel position 500 times a second and automatically increases the damping rate as the suspension approaches the limits of its travel. Adaptive Dynamics also controls wheel hop on uneven roads by rapidly varying the damping to move any wheel out of a natural bouncing frequency, benefiting ride comfort, handling and tire grip.
Active Differential Control optimizes available traction at each rear wheel, improving acceleration on low-grip surfaces while enhancing cornering ability. The clutch-type differential is operated by an internal electric motor and ball-and-ramp mechanism and transmits torque to the wheel wîth the most traction. This differs fundamentally from conventional traction control, which uses the brakes to counteract slip after it has occurred. The XF Supercharged and XFR also share the same upgraded brakes and silver-gray calipers.
The XF Supercharged and XFR are equipped wîth the amenities found in the XF Portfolio, plus the 440-watt Bowers & Wilkins Premium Audio Package and HD radio. Externally, the XF Supercharged stand apart wîth standard 20-inch Selena-style alloy wheels, quad polished exhaust tailpipes, a color-keyed lower rear valance, and a 'Supercharged' trunk lid badge.
The 2011 Jaguar XFR is quickly recognizable wîth unique 20-inch Nevis-style alloy wheels; distinct front end design wîth a black mesh grille (new for 2011); chrome air intakes; 'Supercharged' hood louvers; four polished exhaust tailpipes; an aerodynamically functional rear spoiler and side sills, and discreet 'R' badge. A special acoustic filter at the rear of the engine, tuned to 'tenor C', feeds intake sound to the cabin under hard acceleration. The XFR exclusively offers performance-focused settings for the Dynamic Stability Control, allowing the experienced driver to extract more cornering performance.
The XFR features unique interior appointments, including an aluminum dashboard, satin or gloss wood veneers and twin-needle stitching on the instrument panel and doors. The XFR's multi-adjustable sports seats have power adjustable bolsters, leather map pockets and an embossed 'R' logo on the seat surfaces. The lower §teering wheel spoke is also leather trimmed, wîth an R logo.
All Jaguar XF models employ an electronically controlled, fully adaptive six-speed automatic transmission wîth the unique cast alloy JaguarDrive Selector™ as well as the Jaguar Sequential Shift™ function operated by §teering-wheel paddles. The illuminated stop/start button pulsates like a heartbeat until pressed, and as part of the XF's 'handshake' sequence, the JaguarDrive Selector rises from the center console, and the rotating dash vents silently open. When the engine is stopped, the JaguarDrive Selector lowers automatically. The transmission is designed to be maintenance-free wîth 'filled-for-life' fluid.
Leading Edge Technology
JaguarSense allows touch-sensitive operation for the overhead light, and soft, Phosphor Blue interior mood lighting provides halo illumination around certain switches. Standard on the XF Supercharged and XFR and optional on others, the Bowers & Wilkins 440-watt Premium Audio Package wîth Dolby® ProLogic® II surround sound and 14 speakers includes a hidden sub-woofer. The standard Portable Audio Interface allows simple, direct connection of iPods® and MP3 players wîth full control via the touch-screen or §teering wheel-mounted controls.
The optional radar-based Blind Spot Monitor warns the driver when there is another vehicle nearby in a different lane. The optional Rear Camera Parking Aid provides a clear view of the area behind the car on the color touch screen when reversing; the touch-screen provides on-screen guidance lines that move according to §teering wheel angle to indicate the area into which the car will reverse.
All XF models offer Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) as an option. Advanced Emergency Brake Assist uses the ACC radar to calculate both the distance from vehicles ahead and the speed of approach to those vehicles and pre-charges brake-line pressure. This can minimize impact speed if a collision is predicted, as well as give an audible warning to the driver.Source - Jaguar
JAGUAR ANNOUNCES AN ALL-NEW XF SUPERCHARGED MODEL FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKETMAHWAH, N.J., June 29, 2009
– Jaguar today announced the introduction of the 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged, the fourth and newest member of its acclaimed XF lineup. The vehicle, a mid-year release, is powered by a 470 hp version of the 5.0-liter supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine that debuted at this year's Detroit Auto Show. The XF Supercharged will go on sale in October 2009, and will be priced starting at $68,000 MSRP.
'The Jaguar XF Supercharged will offer consumers a compelling luxury sedan choice wîth benchmark handling ability and truly memorable performance,' says Mike O'Driscoll, Managing Director, Jaguar Cars. 'This new luxury performance XF Supercharged sedan builds on the tremendous momentum Jaguar has achieved by introducing beautiful fast cars such as the XK sports car, the XF and the XKR and XFR models.'At-A-Glance Highlights –
• 5.0-liter Supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine wîth 470hp (a 12% increase over the 4.2-liter 2009MY supercharged XF) and 424 lb/ft of torque
• 0-60 mph time of 4.9 seconds
• Adaptive Dynamics (the latest in computer controlled continuously variable damping) and Active Differential Control (electronically controlled rear differential) are standard
• Úpgraded ventilated disc brakes
• Interior features include: contrast color twin needle stitching on the instrument panel and door top rolls, Jaguar Suedecloth Premium headlining, Rich Oak veneer (unique to XF Supercharged only), 440W Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, HD radio, and heated §teering wheel
• Exterior features include: unique 20' five triple-spoke Selena-style alloy wheels, 'Supercharged' badging on rear trunk lid, quad polished exhaust tailpipes, and silver-gray painted brake calipers
Globally launched at Frankfurt Motor Show in 2007, the XF line has set new standards for the next generation of luxury sports cars. The XF Supercharged expands the already highly acclaimed model line that includes:
• 4.2-liter naturally aspirated XF (300 hp) wîth a $52,000 MSRP
• 5.0-liter naturally aspirated XF Premium (385 hp) wîth a $57,000 MSRP
• 5.0-liter supercharged XF Supercharged (470 hp) wîth a $68,000 MSRP
• 5.0-liter supercharged XFR (510 hp) wîth a $80,000 MSRPSource - Jaguar