Image credits: © Renault.
2011 Renault Twingo Gordini R.S. news, pictures, and information
RENAULT EXTENDS ITS GORDINI LINE-UP• The appeal of Twingo Gordini R.S. and Clio Gordini R.S. to a younger, but also more feminine market has seen sales of Renault Sport models grow. To build on this success, Renault has decided to extend its catalogue of 'French Touch' cars wîth the introduction of Twingo Gordini which slots into the Twingo range instead of the GT version.
• Twingo Gordini targets motorists who are lòòking for a combination of French style and great dynamics. In addition to its Gordini cues, the newcomer boasts a particularly well-appointed interior.
• Twingo Gordini marks the availability of unprecedented equipment for the Twingo range, including new sports seats wîth additional lateral support and 15-inch diamond-effect wheels (depending on market). The options list also includes Gordini-badged blue and black leather* upholstery.
• Twingo Gordini will be marketed across most of Europe. Order books for the TCe 100hp version are already open in France, wîth prices starting from €14,800.
A NEW ADDITION TO THE SÚCCESSFÚL GORDINI LINE-ÚPThe Gordini range is Renault's modern take on Gordini's world which is appealing to an increasing number of motorists who want a car wîth a truly exclusive temperament. In a matter of months, Renault has successfully applied its French Touch hallmark to its sporty R.S. versions.
• The French Touch hallmark has boosted sales of Renault Sport models:
o With a market share of almost 25 percent of the five main European countries (up five points), Twingo RS is the second best-selling hot hatch, while Clio R.S. is second in its class thanks to a market share of 20.1 percent (up four points).
o This success is due to the new Gordini versions which account for around two thirds of Twingo R.S. sales and one-third of Clio R.S. sales in Europe.
* Bovine leather seat fronts, cushions, backs and head rests; other parts upholstered in coated fabric.
• Emergence of a community: Gordini's bespoke Facebook page already has more than 28,000 fans, while the iPhone® application has been downloaded more than 115,000 times. The Facebook community's profile differs from that of the conventional R.S. models, in that it is more feminine (twice as many lady fans) and is an average 15 years younger.
• French Touch appeal: nine customers in ten choose the blue livery, while only one percent of buyers order the car without its white stripes. These statistics point to the draw of the Gordini versions' livery and the timeless appeal of their looks. The Gordini line-up has enabled Renault to extend its reach to a younger, more feminine audience, wîth Twingo R.S.'s market share up by five percentage points in the 30/40 age group and by two points wîth regard to lady buyers.
Renault has decided to extend the range wîth the launch of Twingo Gordini which is poised to reinforce the image of the brand's small city car. The new French Touch version replaces Twingo GT and targets customers lòòking for a dynamic vehicle wîth sporty looks. It also provides Twingo buyers lòòking for chic, sporty styling wîth a chance to profit from the Gordini name.
TIMELESS STYLING CÚES
• Exterior Gordini features:
o A Malte Blue metallic finish incorporating the two legendary white Gordini stripes plus matching white styling details and accessories (foglamp surrounds, exterior mirror housings, rear spoiler). Pearlescent Black and Glacier White versions are also available. In the case of the latter, the styling details and accessories are picked out in Cold Metal Grey.
• Interior Gordini features:
o Mixed leather*/fabric upholstery wîth embroidered Gordini badging and visible white stitching.
o Blue leather* door trim inserts wîth visible white stitching.
o Blue leather-trimmed** §teering wheel wîth visible stitching and two white stripes to
indicate the straight ahead position.
o Blue rev-counter wîth white background and bezel.
o Blue metal 'Gordini' gear lever knob and blue leather** gear lever bellows.
o Leather*-trimmed dashboard cowl wîth visible stitching.
o Black lacquer-finish centre console.
o Aluminium pedal pads.
• With regard to equipment, Twingo Gordini delivers the best of the Twingo range, including manual or automatic climate control (depending on market), cruise control wîth speed limiter, 80W radio-CD wîth MP3 playback and Bluetooth® connectivity (hands-free calls, voice recognition, audio streaming) and independent sliding rear seats.
* coated fabric
** split leather
Twingo Gordini can also be ordered wîth features previously unavailable for Twingo GT, including Renault Sport-type seats wîth additional lateral support, mixed blue and black upholstery and even blue or black diamond-effect wheels (depending on market). Leather upholstery, which wasn't available for Twingo GT either, figures on the list of options, too.
PÚNCHY ENGINES AND LOW CO2 EMISSIONS
Twingo Gordini is available wîth a choice of two feisty Euro5-compliant engines:
• With the punchy, responsive TCe 100 engine under the bonnet, Twingo Gordini delivers dynamic performance and is great fun to drive.
• The particulate filter-equipped dCi 85 diesel engine provides an exceptional compromise between driving enjoyment and affordable running costs. Thanks to CO2 emissions of just 100g/km, Twingo Gordini dCi 85 will qualify for the French state's €500 'eco' subsidy when order books for this version open on January 2, 2011.
Twingo Gordini combines chic and sporty styling, dynamic on-road performance and low CO2 emissions which permit it to qualify for the Renault eco² signature.
Markets: France, Únited Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia.
• Two metallic finishes: Malte Blue and Pearlescent Black.
• One non-metallic finish: Glacier White (delivered wîth Cold Metal Grey styling details and stripes).
|QUICKLY FIND THE CHEAPEST FILLING STATION: THE AUDI CONNECT REFUELLING STOP SERVICE|
|- Online service shows fuel prices at the push of a button - Function available now for the A3 family and for virtually all Audi models in the future - Further example of intelligent online services Fuel prices often rise at peak travel times. Audi helps customers to save money regardless. Refuelling Stop is a new online service available for the A3 family that provides information about the cheapest prices at filling stations. Beginning in May, this service will be offered for all models w...[Read more...]|
|BRITAIN'S BEST-VALUE PICK-UP GETS TWO NEW SPECIAL EDITIONS|
|•Steed special editions to go on sale in 1 March priced at £14,998 •'Steed Chrome' enhances bold styling with styling upgrades •'Steed Tracker' features make it even more practical •Special editions benefit from recent increase in towing capacity The Great Wall Steed, the UK's most affordable 4x4 double-cab pick up, has just become even more appealing to trade and recreational users alike with the introduction of two special edition models - the 'Steed Chrome' and 'Steed Tracker'. Both...[Read more...]|
|Magnificent Series of Coachbuilt Classics To Grace RM's Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance Sale|
|• RM Auctions returns as the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 9, 2013 • Single-day sale features breathtaking roster of more than 80 investment-quality collector cars • Notable highlights include an outstanding series of coachbuilt classics headlined by a multi-million-dollar 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe and a trio of Cords from the personal collection of Jim Fasnacht • Frequently updated list of entries available online at r...[Read more...]|
|Breaking news from Coys|
|1966 AC Shelby Cobra - Now selling at No Reserve! Coys are pleased to announce that a 1966 AC Shelby Cobra will now be selling at No Reserve later today at the Autosport International show at the NEC in Birmingham. Featured on the front cover of Classic & Sportscar magazine in September 2012, this Cobra is beautifully presented in Rangoon Red paintwork with black leather upholstery and hood and tan tonneau and sidescreens, and the car still displays a delightful patina. The 427ci b...[Read more...]|
|Lost Mercedes - Surfaces At Bonhams|
|One owner, unrestored, supercharged 'S' Type Mercedes to be sold by Bonhams at Goodwood Revival this autumn One of the greatest and most important motor car finds of the last decade, the 'Lost Mercedes' is to be offered at Bonhams Goodwood Revival sale on Saturday 15th September 2012. Bonhams announced today that it has been commissioned to sell a recently discovered 1928 Mercedes-Benz 26/120/180 'S' Type Sports Tourer which almost without precedent for motor cars of this type and d...[Read more...]|
|2010 Renault Clio Gordini R.S.|
|2010 Renault Twingo Gordini R.S.|
|Other models by Renault|
|16||40CV||4CV||5 (Also Called R5)||Caravelle||Clio||R-10||Type AX|
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.