Dodge was the nation's fourth-largest truck manufacturer by 1940. The prior year, in 1939, the Dodge Trucks were totally redesigned and this was basically carried over for 1940 with only minor appearance changes. They received new sealed-beam headlights and repositioned park lights (now located on top of the headlight shells) for 1940.
This vehicle is a half-ton pickup that is basically original, with the exception of a recovered bench seat in the spartan cab and an old repaint. The wheelbase measures 116-inches and is 184.3-icnhes long. Power is from an L-head six-cylinder engine delivering nearly 80 horsepower. There is a three-speed manual gearbox and hydraulic drum brakes located at all four corners.By Daniel Vaughan | Nov 2010