The McIntyre Company of Auburn, Indiana produced vehicles from 1909 through 1915. The Company came into being when Kiblinger factory manager W.H. McIntyre bought out the Kiblinger highwheeler company in 1909. The Kiblinger Company was in the midst of a patent-infringement lawsuit. The McIntyre Company produced a wide range of vehicles including this Autobuggy, which is part passenger and commercial car. The chassis configuration is similar to the McIntyre Model 251 truck. The rear seat is removable and the rear section has a tailgate on it. When the seat is removed and the gate in use, the car transforms into a commercial truck with a 1200 pound carrying capacity. This vehicle is chain driven by a two-cylinder, horizontally opposed, air cooled motor. The 90 cubic-inch engine produces nearly 20 horsepower. It has a wheelbase of 75 inches and an original price of $700.
The W.H. McIntry Company was in receivership by January of 1915. By Daniel Vaughan | Nov 2010