MITSUBISHI MOTORS ANNOUNCES LINEUP FOR THE 2011 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will give the global premiere of the Mitsubishi Global Small vehicle at the 81st Geneva International Motor Show ' Tokyo, January 18, 2011
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will give the global premiere of the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small (show model), a concept car based on the features of 'compact', 'affordability', and 'high fuel efficiency' at the 81st Geneva International Motor Show which runs from March 1 through March 13 at the Geneva Palexpo exhibition and conference complex (opening to the general public on March 3). MMC will display a total of 12 vehicles (6 during press days), including vehicles already on sale in Europe, in addition to the 100% electric i-MiEV, of which about 2,500 units1 have already been shipped to Europe within three months since its start of production and shipment in October 2010.
The Mitsubishi Concept Global Small is the concept model of the compact passenger vehicle that is planned for production in March of 2012 at the MMC's new third factory in Thailand.
The features of the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small include good manoeuvrability and easy operation, inherent features of a compact car, accomplished in to a highly efficient package that can comfortably seat five adults. In addition, the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small achieves top-of-class fuel efficiency, wîth CO2 emissions in the mid-90g/km range due to:
* Úsage of an idling stop mechanism
* A 1.0 – 1.2L class compact engine equipped wîth a regenerative braking system
* Weight trimming to the most complex parts
* Reduced running resistance in the engine, new-generation CVT, brakes, and tyres
* A body shape that greatly reduces aerodynamic resistance.Source - Mitsubishi