Image credits: © Subaru.
2011 Subaru XV Concept news, pictures, and information
FHI Introduces the 'SUBARU XV CONCEPT' as the World PremiereTokyo, April 19, 2011 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI) unveiled the 'SÚBARÚ XV CONCEPT' today at the Auto Shanghai 2011.
The SÚBARÚ XV CONCEPT is Subaru's design concept car that defines a new generation of crossover vehicle, blending exceptional SÚV practicality wîth a fashionable form. The key design concept is 'Protren'. This word was coined from 'Professional tool' and 'Trendy design'. It expresses the integration of 'authentic functionality as a professional tool' and 'urban and stylish design'.
- The vehicle was engineered to blend the crossover-like commanding silhouette wîth a fashionable image in a single, modern package. Its contemporary looks and electrifying lines are guaranteed to turn heads, as its body exhibits the very solid, dynamic and independent styling so characteristic of all Subaru's.
- At the very front of the vehicle are standard design elements that are common to the Subaru stable, including the hexagon grille, winged motif and sharply- and solidly-designed hawk-eye headlights.
- The rear of the vehicle features the same hexagonal design as the front and more hexagons engraved into the clear blue base under the license plate complement the consistent design thémé.
- To better embody the 'Protren' theme, the wheel arch cladding offers the image of functionality, playful touch and driving excitement, which is further enhanced wîth the black metallic highlights.
- The aluminum alloy wheels are designed to combine a solid, intrepid form and a stylish appearance, while at the same time exhibiting a fashionable look suited to urban driving. Contrasting colors – silver spokes, black rims and clear blue center caps – are used intentionally to generate an exciting balance between quality and performance.
- The exterior of the vehicle is splashed in riveting 'Electro Yellowgreen', resulting in a gleaming tinge seemingly emanating from beneath the matte finish. The color embodies electrifying performance, and above all excitement, to round off a tasteful, and at times potent, package.
- 'Silvery white leather' is used as the base material for the seats, which firmly envelopes passengers to provide a secure feeling. The use of sporty mesh in selected areas works to create a high quality, yet casual mood, and 'yellowgreen' piping gives the interior a sporty and stylish finish.
- A large multifunction display sits in the center panel. Three different displays – one each for navigation, car audio, and vehicle information are united in the design and touch panel technology expresses ease of use and can be operated intuitively.
- The concept car features Subaru's own advanced driving assist 'EyeSight' system. An LCD monitor positioned between the two well-balanced and highly visible combination meters allows the driver to check the images captured wîth the EyeSight's stereo cameras.Source - Subaru
|Volkswagen Announces Passat Wolfsburg Edition|
|• Award-winning Passat receives value-oriented, competitively priced trim in mid-2013 • Pricing starts at $23,495 Herndon, VA - Volkswagen of America, Inc., announced today that it will offer a new, value-oriented edition of the Passat starting in mid-2013: the Passat Wolfsburg Edition. Sliding in between the new base S and the mid-level SE trims, the Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg Edition offers a number of additional convenience features for a competitive price. Building on the fe...[Read more...]|
|Limited Edition Of Smart Forjeremy Goes Into Series Production: Haute Couture On Four Wheels|
|The smart forjeremy is going into series production. At the Shanghai Auto Show (21 to 29 April 2013), smart will be showcasing the unique model created together with internationally renowned fashion designer Jeremy Scott, which will be available as an extremely limited special edition licensed for road use. With its striking wings at the rear, the vehicle retains a central design element of the original show car. Production is scheduled to begin in April 2013. The smart fortwo edition by Jeremy ...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|Major improvements for upgraded Kia Sorento|
|• Fresh, new look exterior with LED lights and 19-inch alloy wheels |
• Extensive range of new convenience and safety technologies
Kia's hugely successful Sorento SUV will receive a host of significant improvements when the new upgraded model goes on sale later this year in most markets. Significant changes include a re-engineered bodyshell, enhanced powertrains for best-in-class fuel economy with lower emissions, improved ride, handling and refinement, additional convenience a...[Read more...]
|Mopar® Customized Rides Take Spotlight at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition|
|Company's Service, Parts and Customer-care Brand to Display 'Moparized' Chrysler 300 Ruyi Design Concept, Jeep® Wrangler Arctic and Fiat® Freemont • Fiat Freemont features numerous Mopar accessories • Jeep® Wrangler Arctic gets 'Moparized' • 'Moparized' Chrysler 300 Ruyi Design Concept to make debut • New 172,222 square-foot Mopar product distribution center in Shanghai distributes more than 35,000 parts and accessories Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC will head to the...[Read more...]|
|Other models by Subaru|