Image credits: © Subaru.
2011 Subaru Trezia news, pictures, and information
New Compact Smart Wagon• Strong, solid exterior design
• Wagon-style utility
• Superior environmental friendliness
The Trezia represents a proposal of new value from Subaru in the expanding market for compact cars (Segment B) in the European market, where there is an increasing demand for cars wîth superior environmental friendliness. The key phrase for this product is 'New Compact Smart Wagon'. This touring compact car provides the benefits of the Subaru wagon-style in an overall body size less than 4 meters in length. This model addresses a variety of needs in compact cars, from the strong presence of the exterior, to the highly efficient package that allows a roomy, good quality interior and easy-to-use utility space, as well as the superior environmental friendliness and highly responsive driving performance that are demanded in today's world.
The name Trezia was coined from the English word 'treasure', and refers to a 'collection of valuable and irreplaceable experiences'.
Trezia: Model Line-up
- 1.3i (1.3-litre petrol engine): Basic grade wîth ample standard features
- 1.3i-L (1.3-litre petrol engine): Úpper grade wîth additional features
- 1.4D (1.4-litre turbo diesel): Basic diesel model wîth excellent environmental friendliness and utility
- 1.4D-L (1.4-litre turbo diesel): Compact diesel model proposed by Subaru
- 1.4D-S (1.4-litre turbo diesel): Top-of-the-line model wîth a strong balance of superior environmental friendliness and advanced features
The strong, solid exterior is achieved through the long, streamlined form that creates the image of a roomy interior, and the stable proportions wîth the tires in the four corners emphasizing strong driving performance. Further, the interior features high quality, expressive surfaces and textures, and a functional area that provides both roominess and utility space.
- The front features a grille wîth a wing motif centered around a cluster of six stars (the Subaru emblem), as well as a sturdy bumper molding that expands left and right, culminating in an overall design that is easily recognized as part of the Subaru family.
- The length of the sides is emphasized by the streamlined form continuing from the front fenders to the roof end, and the character line extending from the front fenders to the rear combination lamps.
- The rear silhouette is shaped like a trapezoid, combined wîth the side basic character line to provide the appearance of a low center of gravity and stability. In addition, the rear gate garnish features the same plated motif as the front grille for a high-quality appearance.
- 16-inch wheels are standard on upper grades (1.3i-L, 1.4D-L, 1.4D-S). The sharp,5-spoke type provides a sporty look.
- A choice of five body colors will be offered: 'Super Red', 'Silver Metallic', 'Satin Blue Metallic Mica', 'Black Mica', and 'Gray Metallic'.
- The instrument panel is composed of an upper and lower level that flow continuously into the door trim for a roomy and clean interior wîth no wasted space.
- The combination of the integrated meter hood and center cluster wîth the three-dimensional, high-quality metallic accents creates the image of a cockpit.
- The different texture patterns on the instrument panel and upper portion of the door trim and the texturing that emphasizes the changing profile on the center cluster provide a high-quality appearance.
- The triple meter featuring a large speedometer in the middle and the multi-information display for outside temperature, fuel consumption, and other important information offer an enjoyable drive.
- A functional 3-spoke §teering wheel is featured. The upper grade 1.4D-S features audio switches and hands-free telephone functionality directly on the §teering wheel. In addition, paddle shifters are available on 6-speed multi-mode manual transmission models. A leather covered §teering wheel and shift knob come standard on 1.3i-L, 1.4D-L, and 1.4D-S models.
Trezia: Package and Útility
- Despite a compact body of 3,995 mm in overall length, this highly-efficient package allows both a roomy interior and easy-to-use wagon utility space.
- The roomy interior features an internal length of 1,875 mm*1, an internal width of 1,420 mm*1, and an internal height of 1,310 mm*1. The hip point of the front seats is set at approximately 610 mm*1, for a good boarding height.
- The 60/40 (left/right) folding rear seats allow a variety of seat arrangements. In addition, folding levers can be operated to easily fold down the seats wîth a single touch.
- The cargo space can comfortably fit three large suitcases without folding down the rear seats.
- The cargo space features a flexible 2-tier deck board for easily changing the height of the floor. The deck board slides down, lower the floor approximately 120 mm for improved storage of tall cargo. This feature allows a cargo capacity of 429 litres (according to VDA standards).
- The use of low-profile front seat backrests provides sufficient leg room for a comfortable ride in the back seats.
- The instrument panel on the passenger side features an upper compartment and an open tray, and the door trim houses a large pocket wîth a bottle holder, for a large variety of storage options.
1. Measured by Subaru
Trezia: Power unit
Two types of engine are available: a 1.3-litre petrol engine and a 1.4-litre turbo diesel engine.
The 1.3-litre DOHC naturally-aspirated petrol engine achieves both low fuel consumption and high output through the use of an intake/exhaust continuously-variable valve timing mechanism and an electronic throttle control system. 6-manual transmission is only available wîth this engine. It delivers fuel consumption of 5.5 lit./100 km (combined) and CO2 emissions of 127 g/km (combined).
- The 1.4-litre turbo diesel engine achieves excellent environmental friendliness as well as the torque expected from a diesel engine. The engine comes wîth 6-manual transmission on all diesel models. It delivers fuel consumption of 4.3 lit./100 km (combined) and CO2 emissions of 113 g/km (combined) on the 1.4 D model.
- Úpper grade diesel models (1.4 D-L and 1.4 D-S) feature a 6-speed multi-mode manual transmission (M-MT). In addition to superior fuel efficiency and ease-of-use in actual driving conditions, the addition of paddle shifters provides the enjoyment of a sportier driving experience.
- M-MT models feature the addition of an electric motor actuator to a normal manual transmission for automatic operation of the clutch, allowing a 2-pedal design. In automatic shift mode, a fuel-efficient engine speed is selected automatically, while manual mode allows the driver to enjoy the sporty and direct driving performance possible only wîth manual transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Trezia: Chassis and Body
- The suspension features highly reliable struts in the front, and a torsion beam in the rear to ensure a large utility space wîth less bulge in the cargo space.
- Both the front and rear feature optimized damping force, spring constants, and stabilizer radius for a flat and comfortable ride.
- Optimization of the arrangement and connection structures of each part, combined wîth the use of high-strength steel sheets, allow a light and highly-rigid body structure.
- Tire sizes: 185/65R15 steel wheels (1.3i, 1.4D), 185/60R16 aluminum wheels (1.3i-L, 1.4D-L, 1.4D-S)
Trezia: Safety performance
- In order to increase the amount of energy absorbed in a head-on collision, a body structure that disperses energy throughout most of the components and a strong body frame have been used to prevent deformation of the cabin. In a side-impact collision, deformation of the center pillar is controlled to maintain a high level of safety performance.
- The structure is designed to reduce damage to pedestrian head and legs in case of a collision.
- Front dual (driver and passenger sides) SRS air bags, side SRS air bags & curtain air bags are standard on all models. In addition, on all models, knee airbags are standard on the driver's side only.
- 3-point ELR seatbelts wîth pretensioners and load limiters are standard on driver and passenger sides. 3-point ELR seatbelts are standard on rear seats.
SRS = Supplemental Restraint System. Effective when used in conjunction wîth seatbelts.
Trezia: Other features
- Powered folding door mirrors wîth side turn signals (all models)
- Roof spoiler integrated into the body (all models)
- Telescopic §teering wheel (standard on 1.3i-L, 1.4D-L, and 1.4D-S models)
- Front fog lights built into the bumper (standard on 1.3i-L, 1.4D-L, and 1.4D-S models)
- Keyless access & push button start (standard on 1.4D-S models)
- Largest panoramic glass sunroof in class*2. A powered roller sun shade is also available. (optional on 1.4D-S model)
- Leather seats wîth built-in heaters (optional on 1.4D-S model)
- Display-type audio comes standard on 1.4D-S models.Source - Subaru
|Land Rover Celebrates 65 Years Of Technology And Innovation|
|SIXTY-FIVE YEARS OF LAND ROVER From our earliest days, the desire to create a vehicle that will tackle any terrain has made Land Rover famous around the world. Over the past 65 years, the Land Rover family has grown into the highly respected range of vehicles that are sold in record numbers today. As Land Rover continues to go from strength to strength, we thought it was time to look back at the milestones in our history that have got us here. The last 65 years have been an adventure. ...[Read more...]|
|World'S Fastest Ev – Detroit Electric Sp:01 – Makes Global Public Debut At Shanghai Motor Show|
|• Limited-edition SP:01 is world's fastest pure-electric production sports car– 155 mph (249 km/h)top speed and 0-62 mph (0-100km/h) in 3.7 seconds
• SP:01boasts a carbon-fibre body, luxurious and high-tech interior, and range of over 180 miles
• Customer orders already confirmed
Detroit Electric's new high-performance electric sports car, the SP:01, received its global public reveal at the Shanghai Motor Show today (20 April 2013). A limited-edition, two-seat pure-ele...[Read more...]
|VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPG|
|• New Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine|
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid becomes the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Volkswagen lineup and the seventh model capable of more than 40 mpg on the highway. With sales of the Jetta Hybrid beginning later this month, Volkswagen wil...[Read more...]
|LA AUTO SHOW GREEN AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY RIDE & DRIVE TO PREVIEW LATEST CAR INNOVATIONS AND FUEL-EFFICIENT VEHICLES|
|Open Exclusively to Media Attending the Second LA Auto Show Press Day Nov. 29 The Los Angeles Auto Show announced today that its media-only Ride & Drive will expand this year to present not only fuel-efficient vehicles, but also vehicles featuring the most advanced in-car technologies. Approximately 25 vehicles from 12 manufacturers will be featured in the new Green andAdvanced Technology Ride & Drive representing the leading edge of automotive innovation today. The event represents a ...[Read more...]|
|Powertrain Innovation Comes Standard on 2013 Regal|
|The 2013 Buick Regal luxury sport sedan arrives at dealerships this fall with a standard advanced eAssist powertrain and 36 highway mpg. Two powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engines give Regal one of the most technologically advanced engine ranges in the brand's history. 'With eAssist, Buick is redefining what a 'conventional powertrain' means to customers,' said eAssist global chief engineer Stephen Poulos. 'It changes the fuel economy – but not the experience – for the 97 percent of new...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2011|
|Alfa Romeo 4C Concept|
|Alfa Romeo 4C Fluid Metal Concept|
|Chevrolet Miray Concept|
|Honda Civic GX|
|Mazda AutoSport MX-5 Miata|
|Mazda MX-5 Miata|
|Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition|
|Mazda MX-5 Super20|
|Other models by Subaru|
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.