C-X16 PRODUCTION CONCEPT REDEFINES JAGUAR SPORTS CARS
- C-X16 is a bold statement of Jaguar's future design and technological intent
- A compact, rear-wheel drive, two-seater, wîth a true sporting character, underpinned by immensely strong aluminium architecture - perfect 50:50 weight distribution
- Powered by an innovative supercharged 3.0-litre V6 producing 380 PS (280 kW) and 332 lb ft (450 Nm) of torque
- Hybrid system controlled by a §teering-wheel mounted 'Push to Pass' button boosts output by 70 kW and 235 Nm
- Top speed of 186 mph, 0-62 mph in 4.4 seconds and 50-75 mph acceleration in 2.1 seconds wîth CO2 emissions of 165 g/km
Jaguar has released details of the C-X16 concept ahead of its world debut at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Looking firmly to the future, the C-X16 marks a new chapter for Jaguar. The two-seater concept has inspired new advances in design, in engineering and in vehicle technology to create the most compact and responsive Jaguar in a generation. A hybrid, the C-X16 combines searing performance wîth beautifully realised styling.
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar Cars:'The C-X16 embodies the established Jaguar strengths of sensual design, animal-like agility and inspirational performance and combines these wîth attributes that set us on a course to create sustainable sports cars of the future.'
Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar Cars:'Jaguars have always been dramatically different. With the C-X16 we have moved the current award-winning design language on to the next generation, creating a car that is the very essence of future Jaguar performance.'
Únder the muscular clamshell bonnet is a next-generation supercharged V6 petrol engine producing 380 PS (280kW) and 332 lb ft (450 Nm) of torque. Already boasting a high specific power output of 126 PS-per-litre, the performance of the C-X16 is further supplemented by a Formula 1-inspired hybrid boost system wîth a §teering-wheel mounted button for on-demand acceleration.
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 3.0 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 375 hp
Torque: 332 ft-lbs
Integrated into the eight-speed gearbox is a motor generator which draws power from a 1.6kWh battery pack mounted behind the seats for ideal 50:50 weight distribution. Charged through a brake energy regeneration system, the batteries allow the motor to provide an additional 95 PS (70 kW) and173 lb ft (235 Nm).
Mounted in an aluminium chassis structure, the result is 0-62 mph acceleration in 4.4 seconds, a top speed of 186 mph and acceleration from 50-75 mph of 2.1 seconds. The C-X16 is also able to travel at speeds of up to 50 mph under electric power alone and has CO2 emissions of 165 g/km.
The C-X16 measures 4,445 mm in length, 2,048 mm in width and 1,297 mm in height and has a wheelbase measuring 2,622 mm. In terms of overall length, the C-X16 is the smallest Jaguar created since 1954 and the XK120.
The C-X16 will be presented at the Jaguar Land Rover press conference in Hall Five at the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday September 13 at 09:15 CET.Source - Jaguar
Jaguar C-X16 makes North America debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show
• C-X16 is a 'One plus One' sports car concept
• Lightweight, all-aluminium construction, bodywork in 'Neutron White'
• It explores future Jaguar design direction and hybrid powertrain options
• Supercharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine produces 380PS (280kW) and
332lb ft (450Nm)
• Hybrid system - activated by a §teering-wheel mounted 'push to pass' button -
boosts power by a further 70kW and 235Nm (equivalent to 95PS and 173lb ft)
• Top speed 186mph, 0-62mph in 4.4 seconds, 50-75mph in 2.1 seconds
• Eight-speed transmission wîth Intelligent Stop/Start
• 41mpg (ÚK gallon), CO2 emissions of 165g/km, electric only capability up
• Driver-focused, two-seater cabin trimmed in red leather
Jaguar's C-X16 production concept today made its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Ahead of its appearance at the show the all-aluminium C-X16, finished in Neutron White, added a future-lòòking aspect to the contemporary LA evening skyline on East 6th Street Bridge having first prowled downtown on Mesquit and Matteo Streets.
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar Cars, said: 'Jaguar has always had a sporting heart, and the C-X16 is the perfect embodiment of our vision for a true 21st century Jaguar sports car. It's fast, it's beautiful, and it also highlights our commitment to the development of sustainable powertrain technologies.
'As it's an indication of how a Jaguar sports car may look in the future, we're eager to gauge the reaction to the C-X16 here in the important North American market, and the Los Angeles Auto Show provides us wîth the perfect platform to do so'.
A stunning vision of Jaguar's future intent in the sports car §egmènt, the C-X16 features perfect 50:50 weight distribution and a prototype hybrid powertrain comprising a 380PS (280kW), 332lb ft (450Nm) supercharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine, allied to an electric motor producing an additional 70kW and 235Nm (equivalent to 95PS and 173lb ft). Driving the rear wheels through an eight-speed transmission, this hybrid powertrain gives the lightweight C-X16 the potential to accelerate to 62mph in 4.4 seconds before going on to reach 186mph.
The C-X16's Neutron White aluminium bodywork is wrapped as tightly as possible around its advanced mechanicals, its lithe stance highlighting its dynamic ability. The use of simple but purposeful lines allied to a low sweeping roof and tail give the C-X16 a muscular but sculptured look that can only be a Jaguar.
Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar Cars, said: 'A Jaguar sports car should have clear visual movement in its design, and the C-X16 is the perfect demonstration of that goal. Each of its lines begins wîth a sense of purpose, and ends wîth a sense of clarity.
'It's that approach that has given the C-X16 its purposeful stance, and nowhere has that been more in evidence than when I saw it here on the streets of LA. Look at the C-X16 and you want to drive it - and that's just how a Jaguar sports car should make you feel.'For full details and images/video of the C-X16 which received its Global debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show, please visit: www.media.C-X16.comSource - Jaguar
|Jaguar at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition|
|Jaguar unveils the XJ Ultimate, announces two new forced-induction petrol engines and releases further details of the F-TYPE sports car
• The XJ Ultimate- the new pinnacle of the XJ range - makes its global debut|
• Two new forced-induction engines; the 240PS2.0-litre I4 Turbocharged Petrol and the 340PS 3.0-litre V6 Supercharged Petrol are announced and will feature in the XF and XJ saloons
• A 380PS version of the 3.0-litre V6 Supercharged Petrol will additionally be availabl...[Read more...]
|2017 JAGUAR XE DEBUTS IN LOS ANGELES WITH AWD AND APPLE WATCH CONNECTIVITY|
|- Award-winning Jaguar XE sports sedan to arrive in U.S. Jaguar showrooms Spring 2016
- Lineup to include Jaguar XE 20d, 25t and 35t models selectively available in XE, XE Premium, XE Prestige and XE R-Sport trims
- All models offered in rear-wheel drive with the option of all-wheel drive available on 20d and 35t models
- XE 35t will feature a 340hp supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine with a 0-60 mph time of 5.1 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 120 mph1
- XE 20d will feature a...[Read more...]|
|2016 Lexus RX Redefines Segment with Style, Ride Comfort and Luxury Utility|
|•All-New Design Inside and Out For Premium Comfort and Expressive Styling
•RX 350 Features 3.5L V6 With 295 Horsepower
•RX 450h Hybrid Drive Produces 308 Total System Horsepower
•Available Lexus Safety System + Helps Bring Peace of Mind With Integrated Active Safety Features
•F SPORT Now Available for Gas and Hybrid AWD Models
PORTLAND, Ore. (Sept. 8, 2015) – Since the model's launch in 1998, the Lexus RX has proved immensely popular with those needing the flexibility of a sport-ut...[Read more...]|
|THE JAGUAR F-TYPE R COUPE TO MAKE ITS CANADIAN DEBUT AT THE 2014 TORONTO AUTO SHOW|
|(MISSISSAUGA, ON) February 13, 2014 - Jaguar will showcase its 2014 model year line up at the 2014 Canadian Auto Show held February 14 to 23, 2014. The 2015 F-TYPE R Coupe will be making its Canadian debut and the C-X17 Sport Crossover concept will also be on display.
For 2014, Jaguar has showcased it most dynamic lineup ever. With the all-new F-TYPE sports car joining the family as the heir to the Jaguar sports car legacy, it has renewed Jaguar spirit and has represented a return to ...[Read more...]|
|Tradition: Future - 50 Years Of The Porsche 911 Celebrated At Goodwood|
|◾Seven generations of the 911 display the genetic code of the iconic sports coupe from 1963 to 2013
◾Fifty-year landmark celebrated with memorable 'Central Feature' display at Goodwood Festival of Speed
◾Legendary racing cars meet famous drivers at the world's biggest motor sports extravaganza
◾Latest Porsche supercars on the hill include new 'Type 991' 911 GT3
◾Cartier Style et Luxe concours showcases original and rare editions of the 911
◾Follow the action via Porsche Orgin at porsche.co....[Read more...]|
|Land Rover Celebrates 65 Years Of Technology And Innovation|
|SIXTY-FIVE YEARS OF LAND ROVER
From our earliest days, the desire to create a vehicle that will tackle any terrain has made Land Rover famous around the world. Over the past 65 years, the Land Rover family has grown into the highly respected range of vehicles that are sold in record numbers today. As Land Rover continues to go from strength to strength, we thought it was time to look back at the milestones in our history that have got us here. The last 65 years have been an adventure. ...[Read more...]|