|2011 Charger||2011 Charger SRT8||2011 Charger Mopar Edition||2013 Charger||2013 Charger Daytona||2013 Charger Blacktop Edition|
Image credits: © Dodge.
2012 Dodge Charger news, pictures, and information
New 2012 Dodge Charger: America's First Eight-speed Automatic Sport Sedan Delivers Best-in-Class 31 Highway MPG• Chrysler Group LLC is the first domestic automaker to feature the state-of-the-art ZF eight-speed automatic transmission in its vehicles
• Efficient and smooth: paired wîth the award-winning 292 horsepower 3.6-liter aluminum Pentastar V-6 engine, new Dodge Charger models wîth eight-speed automatic transmission deliver refinement, improved performance and best-in-class 31 miles per gallon (mpg) highway
• Eight-speed automatic transmission available on Charger models equipped wîth rear-wheel drive and the §egmènt's most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system
• More performance and technology features: new sport seats, paddle shifters, 'Sport' shift mode, handsfree texting, SIRIÚS XM Traffic and color Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) are now available
• Charger lineup renamed for 2012 for an even more consistent Dodge product portfolio focused on performance and value
|Engine : 3.6 L., 6-cylinder|
Power: 290 hp
Torque: 260 ft-lbs
Engine : 5.7 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 360 hp
Torque: 390 ft-lbs
'The new eight-speed transmission takes the Dodge Charger, which was already at the head of its class, and puts it in a league of its own, wîth the ultimate combination of 292 horsepower and best-in-class 31 mpg,' said Reid Bigland, President and CEO, Dodge Brand — Chrysler Group LLC. 'Our Charger customers don't have to compromise as they can get the fuel efficiency of a mid-size car in a full-size sedan wîth distinctive styling only available from Dodge.'
This state-of-the-art ZF eight-speed automatic transmission will be available on rear-wheel and all-wheel-drive Dodge Charger models equipped wîth the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, delivering 292 horsepower along wîth improved performance and class-leading fuel efficiency wîth respect to:
• Best-in-class highway fuel economy (31 mpg highway)
• Best-in-class V-6 AWD fuel economy (18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway)
• Best-in-class combined fuel economy (23 mpg wîth RWD, 21 mpg wîth AWD)
• Únsurpassed city fuel economy (19 mpg city RWD, 18 mpg AWD)
• Overall unsurpassed fuel economy in its class (19 mpg city and 31 mpg highway wîth RWD)
Dodge Charger wîth the all-new eight-speed automatic now delivers best-in-class mid-size V-6 fuel efficiency, but does so wîth the roominess of a full-size, and the style only Charger can deliver.
For 2012, the Dodge Charger lineup has been simplified to include SE, SXT and R/T models, as well as the high-performance SRT8. These models also offer technology, performance and value-packed feature packages to help customers equip their Dodge Charger to their exact vehicle needs.
Segment-first eight-speed automatic transmission
Once limited to premium import vehicles costing twice as much, the new §egmènt-exclusive ZF eight-speed automatic transmission expands the world-class power and fuel efficiency of the 2012 Dodge Charger SE (optional), Charger SXT and Charger SXT Plus. Combined wîth the award-winning 292 horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, the results are quicker acceleration, seamless shifts and improved fuel efficiency.
For an even more engaging driving experience, the 2012 Dodge Charger now introduces new paddle shifters wîth 'Sport' shift mode, standard on the Dodge Charger SXT and SXT Plus equipped wîth the Rallye Appearance Group or Blacktop package. With 'Sport' mode, gear changes are quicker and revs are held higher for even more performance-oriented acceleration and higher shift dynamics. For even more control, the driver can also use the all-new die-cast §teering-wheel mounted paddle shifters and view gear election through an all-new full-color EVIC centered in the Dodge Charger's instrument cluster.
Delivering up to a 17 percent fuel economy improvement compared wîth the previous generation six-cylinder Dodge Charger AWD, the new 2012 Dodge Charger SXT and SXT Plus AWD combine the new eight-speed automatic transmission, fuel-efficient 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and the §egmènt's most advanced AWD system for maximum all-weather traction and efficiency.
Dodge Charger's AWD system features a §egmènt-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system to improve real-world fuel economy. No other major automotive manufacturer offers the combination of these two independent technologies. Dodge Charger's innovative AWD system seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and AWD wîth no driver intervention. When all-wheel drive is not required, the system automatically disconnects the front axle to maximize fuel economy while still providing the outstanding fun-to-drive performance and handling inherent in rear-wheel-drive vehicles.
New touring-tuned AWD suspension
With the introduction of AWD on the new Pentastar V-6 powered 2012 Charger, Dodge engineers took the new second-generation architecture further wîth the addition of hydrobushings for even more precise all-weather handling and world-class refinement.
Compared to the previous generation, 2012 Dodge Charger models wîth AWD feature a 0.5-inch (13 mm) tighter tire-to-fender fitment, a 0.15-inch (4 mm) lowered overall ride height and larger 19-inch wheels wîth wider P235/55R19 all-season performance tires.
New Charger Blacktop package delivers even more performance and sinister styling
Delivering even more street-cred and sinister attitude to the 2012 Dodge Charger SXT and SXT Plus, the new 2012 Charger Blacktop features a 'blacked out' appearance, performance-tuned suspension and state-of-the-art infotainment system.
The Blacktop Package includes unique Pitch Black-painted 'split crosshair' grille wîth Pitch Black matching grille surround, Pitch Black-painted 20-inch five-spoke aluminum wheels, 20-inch all-season performance tires and performance-tuned suspension architecture. Inside, unique sport seats provide extra lateral support for performance driving needs.
The 2012 Dodge Charger Blacktop Package features the aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar engine delivering 292 horsepower through the all-new §egmènt-exclusive eight-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) For even more spirited driving wîth performance feel, the driver can utilize all-new die-cast §teering-wheel mounted paddle shifters to manually select the desired gear.
The Company's state-of-the-art Úconnect® Touch 8.4 provides Dodge Charger Blacktop passengers wîth the §egmènt's largest touchscreen display (8.4-inch) and next-generation mobile infotainment, connectivity and multimedia features. Surrounding passengers wîth audiophile-quality sound is an Alpine® premium audio system wîth nine speakers, 8-inch subwoofer and a 506-watt 12-channel digital signal processing (DSP) amplifier for 7.1 Matrix surround sound.
The Dodge Charger Blacktop Package will be available in Bright Silver Metallic, Tungsten Metallic and — for a complete monotone appearance — all-new Pitch Black exterior paint colors, wîth black premium cloth or Nappa leather seating.
New driver-focused appointments added to 2012 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track package
Designed for hard-core enthusiasts who crave even more performance from their 370 horsepower HEMI® V-8 powered Dodge Charger R/T wîth Fuel Saver multi-displacement technology, the R/T Road & Track package now adds even more cockpit convenience features, including heated and ventilated performance seats wîth larger side bolsters to give even more confidence during aggressive handling maneuvers. The addition of driver's seat memory, power-adjustable pedals and §teering column wîth memory combine to provide the driver wîth additional comfort and convenience.
Further adding to the engaging driving experience are new die-cast zinc §teering-wheel mounted paddle shifters.
Additional equipment on the Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track includes a black honeycomb-style grille wîth matte surround and heritage 'R/T' badge, 20-inch chrome-clad wheels, 20-inch all-season performance tires, rear differential wîth 3.06 axle ratio, performance engine and transmission calibration, and high-speed engine controller.
Úconnect Touch — the §egmènt's largest touchscreen infotainment system — now adds handsfree texting and SIRIÚS Traffic to its §egmènt-exclusive Garmin® navigation
The Dodge Charger's Úconnect Touch system has been upgraded for 2012, adding hands-free texting, voice commands for Garmin navigation, SIRIÚS Traffic and even full iPod® control features to expand on the system's world-class infotainment, connectivity and convenience technologies.
For the Dodge brand, safety is a priority and the upgraded Úconnect Touch (available wîth 4.3-inch and 8.4-inch touchscreens) wîth handsfree texting keep Charger passengers even more connected through voice commands. With a compatible Bluetooth® phone, Úconnect Touch enables text-to-speech for incoming text messages, and provides the driver wîth ‘canned' speech-to-text responses for outgoing messages.
With the §egmènt's largest touchscreen display at 8.4-inches, the easy to use Úconnect Touch 8.4N wîth integrated Garmin navigation is even better wîth the addition of voice recognition and SIRIÚS Traffic. With natural voice commands, the Úconnect Touch 8.4N enables Dodge Charger passengers to input street addresses and navigate to points of interest. And wîth the addition of SIRIÚS Traffic, real-time traffic monitoring notifies the driver or enables the Garmin navigation to re-route due to congested throughways.
New model lineup delivers performance and value
For 2012, the Charger lineup has been renamed for an even more consistent Dodge product portfolio focused on performance and value. The Dodge Charger SE and SXT models feature the lightweight, 292 horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine for up to 31 mpg highway (with eight-speed transmission). With the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine under the hood, the 2012 Charger R/T delivers 370 horsepower and up to 25 mpg highway wîth innovative four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology. Dodge Charger models also offer up technology, performance and value-packed feature packages to help customers equip their sports car to their exact needs.
Charger SE: Starting at an impressive $25,495 MSRP, the Charger SE offers more standard equipment than any of its direct standard full-size competitors, but does so at a mid-size price. The SE is well-equipped for the individual lòòking for comfort, handling, iconic styling and extraordinary value. This vehicle features the 3.6-liter 292 horsepower Pentastar V-6, 17-inch aluminum wheels, signature taillamps wîth 164 LED's, integrated dual exhaust, capless fuel fill, active front head restraints, seven airbags, acoustic windshield and front side glass, 4.3-inch touchscreen media center, electronic stability control (ESC), anti-lock brakes (ABS), Brake Assist, Rain Brake Support, Keyless Enter-N-Go wîth push-button start, power driver's seat and much more.
• Charger SXT: The Charger SXT is for professionals who want even more connectivity, comfort and convenience features. Charger SXT adds the all-new eight-speed automatic transmission for up to 31 mpg highway. Also included on the Charger SXT's standard equipment list: fog lamps, Úconnect Touch 8.4 wîth an 8.4-inch touchscreen (late availability), Úconnect Voice Command wîth Bluetooth®, automatic-dimming rearview mirror, leather-wrapped §teering wheel wîth audio controls, leather-wrapped shift knob, automatic dual-zone climate control wîth individual driver/passenger settings, front overhead console wîth LED dome lamp, HomeLink universal transceiver, Alpine premium audio system wîth six speakers and 276-watt 8-channel amplifier, 12-way power driver and front-passenger seats, including four-way power lumbar, heated front seats and heated power-adjustable mirrors.
• Charger SXT Plus: For drivers who want six-cylinder efficiency wîth premium technologies, refinement and details, this Dodge Charger includes the features of the Charger SXT and adds premium leather seating, heated/cooled cup holders, vehicle security alarm, LED-illuminated front-row overhead lighting, LED-illuminated footwells, and 18-inch five-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels.
• Charger R/T: With its legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, performance-tuned suspension wîth larger performance disc brakes and standard Úconnect Touch 8.4, the Dodge Charger R/T is designed for the customer who demands V-8 power, rail-like handling and state-of-the-art technology. And starting at just $29,995 MSRP, the Charger is the most affordable V-8 sedan in America. The R/T features 370 track-tearing horsepower and 395 lb.-ft. of torque, four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology and a proven five-speed automatic transmission wîth Auto Stick that delivers up to 25 mpg highway. In addition to the standard equipment on the Dodge Charger SXT, the Charger R/T model includes 18-inch aluminum wheels, performance-tuned suspension and exhaust, performance brake package, high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and performance seats.
• Charger R/T Plus: For customers who want added curb appeal wîth interior comfort, convenience and technology features, this Dodge Charger R/T package adds on to the Charger R/T's standard equipment list wîth 18-inch five-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels, premium leather seating, 12-way power front-passenger seat wîth 4-way power lumbar, heated/cooled cup holders, vehicle security alarm, LED-illuminated, front-row overhead lighting and LED-illuminated footwells.
• Charger R/T Road & Track: Designed for hard-core enthusiasts who demand more performance and heritage from their Dodge Charger R/T, this Road & Track package includes the features of the R/T Plus and adds a black honeycomb-style grille wîth matte black surround and heritage 'R/T' badge, body-color deck-lid mounted spoiler, 20-inch chrome-clad wheels, 20-inch all-season performance tires, rear differential wîth 3.06 axle ratio, die-cast zinc §teering-wheel mounted paddle shifters, heated and ventilated performance seats wîth larger side bolsters, driver's seat memory, power-adjustable pedals and §teering column wîth memory, performance engine and transmission calibration and high-speed engine controller.
• Charger R/T Max: For customers who want performance, state-of-the-art technology and maximum comfort and convenience features from their Dodge Charger R/T, this package includes all of the standard features of the R/T Plus and adds 20-inch chrome-clad wheels, 20-inch all-season performance tires, Úconnect Touch 8.4N wîth Garmin® navigation, SIRIÚS Travel Link, adaptive-cruise control (ACC) wîth Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM) wîth Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection, ParkSense® rear park assist, ParkView® rear backup camera, Alpine® premium audio system wîth nine speakers and 506-watt 12-channel DSP amplifier for 7.1 Matrix surround sound, SmartBeam® headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, power-adjustable heated mirrors wîth memory and courtesy lamps, heated §teering wheel wîth power tilt, telescoping and memory.
The 2012 Dodge Charger is built at Chrysler Group LLC's Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada and arrives at Dodge dealerships in the fall of 2011.Source - Dodge
|2013 RAM 1500 LARAMIE LONGHORN NAMED TO WARD'S 10 BEST INTERIORS LIST FOR 2013|
|• For 2013, the Ram 1500's award-winning interior includes material upgrades, all-new interior themes with invigorating colors that speak to the lifestyle of the Ram Truck brand|
• All-new HVAC controls and new multimedia systems enhance the driver experience
• The 2013 Ram 1500 also features an exclusive eight-speed transmission activated with a breakthrough e-shift rotary dial
April 15, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn has been named one ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|JEEP® AT THE 2013 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW|
|•European premiere of the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee 2014: the most awarded Large SUV ever has been renewed in terms of internal and external design, technological contents and performance thanks to the new eight-speed automatic transmission •European debut for the new Jeep Compass 2014: revised interior and exterior design, new PowerTech six-speed automatic transmission and all-new safety features •European preview of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition: the new special-edition...[Read more...]|
|CHRYSLER GROUP LLC DRIVES AWAY WITH HIGHEST AND MOST HONORS AT THE 20TH ANNUAL TEXAS TRUCK RODEO|
|Vehicles from Ram Truck and Jeep® brands win eight of 19 awards from the Texas Auto Writers Association at this year's Texas Truck Rodeo •'Truck of Texas' awarded to the 2013 Ram 1500 •Jeep Grand Cherokee - the most awarded SUV in history – captures 'SUV of Texas' award for third consecutive year October 22, 2012 , SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Ram Truck and Jeep® brand vehicles won significantaccolades this year at the 20thannual Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Texas Truck Rodeo. ...[Read more...]|
|All-new Dodge Dart and Chrysler 300 Luxury Series Named to 'Wards 10 Best Interiors' List for 2012|
|• New 2013 Dodge Dart built with materials and precision craftsmanship typically found in more expensive vehicle segments |
• High-tech, unseen-in-the-segment features available on the Dart include class-exclusive customizable 7-inch gauge cluster, 8.4-inch Uconnect® touchscreen, heated steering wheel and illuminated floating island bezel in the instrument panel
• All-new Chrysler 300 Luxury Series sedan is the most luxurious and fuel-efficient Chrysler vehicle ever
• ...[Read more...]
|Buick Regal GS||($26,245-28,745)|
|Dodge Avenger R/T|| :|
|Dodge Charger Pursuit||($25,495-45,795)|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||($26,280-26,280)|
|Honda Civic Hybrid|| :|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||($25,700-26,500)|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2012|
|Acura NSX Concept|
|Aston Martin DBS Carbon Edition|
|Aston Martin DBS Ultimate|
|Aston Martin Virage Dragon 88|
|Audi A6 Allroad Quattro|
|Audi R8 e-tron|
|Other models by Dodge|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|2011 Charger||2011 Charger SRT8||2011 Charger Mopar Edition||2013 Charger||2013 Charger Daytona||2013 Charger Blacktop Edition|