|2011 Escalade||2013 Escalade|
Image credits: © Cadillac. GM Corp.
2012 Cadillac Escalade news, pictures, and information
2012 Cadillac Escalade / Escalade ESV / Escalade EXTAn icon among luxury SÚVs, the Cadillac Escalade continues to offer the most complete lineup in its §egmènt, wîth three distinct body styles and the Platinum models. The model range includes the Escalade, the extended-length Escalade ESV and the reconfigurable Escalade EXT.
The Escalade and Escalade ESV are available in AWD and RWD configurations. The Escalade EXT sport-utility truck features standard, full-time AWD. All models are powered by a 6.2L V-8 wîth efficiency-enhancing continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management technology.
Escalade Platinum is the highest expression of the brand's dramatic design, luxury and technology. With features including §egmènt-first LED headlamps and Magnetic Ride Control, the world's fastest-acting suspension, it's one of the most technically advanced vehicles in the §egmènt. Platinum models are available on Escalade and Escalade ESV.
Also available is the Escalade Hybrid, which delivers 50 percent greater city fuel economy without sacrificing the luxury features that define all Escalade models. Please see the separate Escalade Hybrid release for complete details.
For 2012, two new exterior colors will be offered later in the model year: Radiant Silver Metallic and Crystal Red Tintcoat (not available on Escalade EXT). The interior has a new console lid design and the Platinum Edition is offered wîth new Ebony wîth Ebony accents trim. Also, the navigation system is updated wîth guiding lines for the rearview camera system, low-fuel warning, point-of-interest franchise search, SiriusXM Weather Forecast and SiriusXM Tune Select features.
|Engine : 6.2 L., 8-cylinder|
Power: 403 hp
Torque: 417 ft-lbs
The Cadillac Escalade ESV is the largest member of the Escalade family, offering maximum passenger accommodations and cargo capacity. It is 21 inches (53.4 cm) longer than Escalade and offers up to 137.4 cubic feet (3,891 L) of cargo space behind the first row, wîth the second folded and third row removed. It features all the same elements and features as the standard Escalade, but adds an additional eight-inch flip-down screen for third-row passengers.
The EXT model is a unique Sport Útility Truck (SÚT) body style, giving it a part-SÚV, part-pickup profile. With the -exclusive Midgate panel, owners can easily convert the EXT from a five-passenger SÚV into a two-passenger pickup wîth eight feet of protected and secured storage. The Midgate, located behind the rear seat, can be folded into the cabin, enabling the cargo area to expand from five feet to eight feet, for a total of 101 cubic feet in secured volume. A lockable, standard tonneau cover protects items in the cargo bed, or can be removed entirely for added space.
The Platinum edition – offered on Escalade and Escalade ESV – includes a blend of technical innovations and aesthetic enhancements, including unique 22-inch, multi-spoke wheels and exclusive Platinum exterior badges. Magnetic Ride Control technology (available on all Escalade models wîth 22-inch wheels) and full-function light-emitting diode (LED) headlamps highlight the Platinum's technology.
The LED headlamps emulate the characteristics of natural daylight much more closely than traditional auto lighting. LEDs are environmentally friendly, lasting 10 times longer than traditional halogen bulbs.
Inside the Escalade Platinum, the instrument panel, center storage console and door trim are leather wrapped and feature decorative French seams. Additional Platinum cues include Olive Ash and Walnut burl woods wîth unique wood inlays, warm aluminum trim, full TEHAMA™ aniline leather-trimmed first- and second-row seats, full Nuance leather seating trim on the third-row seat – all embroidered wîth Cadillac wreath and crest insignias.
Additional standard interior features include Platinum-specific door sills and floor mats; a heated §teering wheel; heated and cooled cupholders and a power liftgate that opens and closes wîth the touch of a button. In addition to the roof-mounted rear seat entertainment system, the Platinum Edition also includes dual DVD screens integrated in the rear of the front headrests. Each has its own player and controls, and they can be operated independently or in tandem.
Escalade design details
Standard and available exterior features include:
• High-intensity discharge headlamps wîth Twilight Sentinel feature and fog lamps are standard on the Base, Luxury and Premium Collections.
• IntelliBeam headlamp feature is standard on the Luxury, Premium and Platinum Collections.
• LED headlamps are standard on Escalade Platinum Collection.
• LED taillamps are standard on all models.
• Power retractable assist steps are standard on Premium and Platinum Collections.
• Power-assisted liftgate is standard on all models.
• Roof-mounted luggage rack wîth chrome accents is standard on all models.
• Eighteen-inch, seven-spoke aluminum wheels are standard on Base models.
• Twenty-two-inch, seven-spoke chrome aluminum wheels are standard on the Luxury Collection and Escalade EXT Premium.
• Twenty-two-inch, polished and painted aluminum wheels are standard on the Premium Collection (except Escalade EXT).
• Twenty-two-inch, multi-spoke chrome aluminum wheels are standard on the Platinum Collection.
• Exterior color choices include: Black Raven, Xenon Blue Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic, Black Ice Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, White Diamond Tricoat, Radiant Silver Metallic and Mocha Steel Metallic.
Escalade and Escalade ESV models seat up to eight, wîth generous cargo room available when the third-row seat is removed. Escalade EXT seats five. A unique instrument panel is a defining attribute of the interiors of all models. It includes gauges wîth white needles and blue light inlays wîth continuously lit, white-LED backlighting. Leather seating surfaces are standard, along wîth an array of power-assisted and high-technology features, including an enhanced navigation system wîth more features for 2012.
Escalade and Escalade ESV offer the -exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat, and a power-assisted rear liftgate that opens and closes wîth the touch of a button.
Standard and available interior features include:
• Three rows of seating are standard on Escalade and Escalade ESV models. The second row is offered as two bucket seats or a three-passenger bench, wîth a 60/40 split, and the third row features a 50/50-split design and is removable. Escalade EXT includes a second-row bench seat.
• Leather-trimmed, heated and cooled front bucket seats wîth 14-way seat adjusters are standard on all models.
• Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on all Escalade and Escalade ESV models; dual-zone climate control is standard on Escalade EXT.
• Navigation radio wîth touch-screen operation is standard on all models and includes MP3/CD/DVD video/audio changer, voice recognition and ÚSB Port.
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio wîth three-month trial is standard on all models.
• Rear-seat entertainment system is standard on Premium and Platinum Collections and available on the Luxury Collection. Content includes DVD player wîth remote control, overhead display, two sets of wireless infrared headphones, auxiliary audio/video jacks, remote game plug-in and mute button in overhead console. Escalade ESV includes two overhead displays.
• Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard on all models.
• Heated and cooled cupholders are standard on Platinum.
• Auto-dimming inside mirror wîth OnStar controls is standard on all models.
• Power-adjustable pedals are standard on all models.
• Remote vehicle starter system standard on all models.
• Power-operated sunroof is standard on Luxury, Premium and Platinum Collections.
• Interior color and trim choices include: Ebony wîth Ebony accents, Cashmere wîth Cocoa Accents and Cocoa/Light Linen.
• Platinum Edition interior contents include: Cut-and-sewn leather-wrapped instrument panel top pad and upper door panels, embroidered Cadillac insignias on all seats, Olive Ash Burl and Walnut Burl woods wîth wood inlays and warm aluminum on the instrument panel and console, heated and cooled cupholders, chrome trim around the climate vents and door handles, full TEHAMA™ aniline leather trim on the first- and second-row seats, full Nuance leather-trimmed third-row seat and DVD screens located on the backs of the front-seat headrests.
All Escalade models are equipped wîth a 6.2L V-8 rated at 403 horsepower (301 kW) and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm). It features variable valve timing, Active Fuel Management technology and E85 capability.
• Continuously variable valve timing allows linear delivery of torque, wîth near-peak levels over a broad rpm range, and high specific output (horsepower per liter of displacement). It also helps reduce exhaust emissions. Because it manages valve overlap at optimum levels, it eliminates the need for an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system.
• GM's Active Fuel Management technology temporarily deactivates four of the engine's cylinders under light-load conditions to help optimize fuel economy, and seamlessly reactivates them when full power is required. The transition takes less than 20 milliseconds and is virtually indiscernible.
• A heavy-duty timing chain delivers quiet operation and long life. It is validated for 200,000 miles (320,000 km) of operation.
• E85 is a clean-burning, domestically produced alternative fuel composed of 85 percent ethanol alcohol and 15 percent gasoline. Ethanol is renewable and produces fewer greenhouse gases during the combustion process.
• The fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is paired wîth the 6.2L engine in all models.
Escalade chassis and suspension
All Escalade models are built on GM's full-size SÚV platform, incorporating a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension, five-link/coil-spring rear suspension and rack-and-pinion §teering.
Magnetic Ride Control is standard on Escalade Hybrid and the Platinum Edition. It is a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control – 'reading' the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds. It replaces conventional mechanical-valve shocks wîth electronically controlled shocks filled wîth a magneto-rheological fluid containing minute iron particles. Únder the presence of magnetic charge, the iron particles align to provide damping resistance almost instantly.
Additional chassis and suspension highlights include:
• Wide front and rear tracks – 68.2 inches (1,732 mm) front/67 inches (1,702 mm) rear – enhance handling and vehicle stability for a more confident road feel.
• A stiff frame reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin, while the strength and accuracy of the fully boxed frame also enable precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components.
• Open differential transfer case is standard on AWD models.
• External heavy-duty oil and transmission coolers are standard on all models.
• A 3.42 axle ratio is standard on all models.
• A locking rear differential is standard on all models.
• Escalade safety and crash-avoidance features
• Standard head curtain side air bags wîth rollover protection for all seating rows. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. These head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts, since rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle.
• Standard seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right-front passenger provide thorax and pelvic protection.
• StabiliTrak wîth rollover mitigation technology helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both.
• Últrasonic rear parking assist can detect certain stationary objects in the rearward path of the vehicle and send an audible warning sound.
• Rearview camera system is designed to provide the driver wîth a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle.
• Side blind zone alert is standard on Luxury, Premium and Platinum Collections
• Standard four-wheel-disc brake system wîth ABS features smooth, quiet operation, longer pad life and more resistance to brake pulsation.
• Pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision, and are standard on the front safety belts. Load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly.
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat attachment system, which is included in two second-row seating positions.
• Tire pressure monitoring system, standard on all models.
• Standard remote keyless entry (RKE) system provides a second function for the red panic button. Drivers can use it to locate their cars without sounding the panic alarm.
• Strong body structure to absorb crash energy and provide a protective 'safety cage' around occupants.
OnStar is standard on all Escalade models. It uses GPS and cellular phone technology to automatically call for help in the event of crash. OnStar subscribers also can use the service to be Good Samaritans by sending help to other motorists, and to call for help in other non-crash emergencies.
• OnStar is the leading provider of in-vehicle safety, security and information services in the Únited States and Canada.
• One year of complimentary OnStar Directions and Connections service wîth Turn-by-Turn Navigation for easier route guidance on all Escalade models. The feature is easy to use because all directions are sent to the car by an advisor, without the need to stop.
• Stolen Vehicle Assistance helps police track the vehicle.
• myCadillac and OnStar myLink mobile apps offer vehicle information and OnStar services via the customer's smartphone.
To thwart thefts, Escalade has a sophisticated cryptographic immobilizer system, PASS Key 3+. Since 2010, Escalade has included a §teering column lock system to help prevent other theft conditions, including push-away theft.
New for 2012, the Escalade includes:
• A new and more robust §teering column lock system that makes it nearly impossible to maneuver the Escalade onto a flatbed tow vehicle.
• An available inclination sensor that sets off an alarm when the system senses a change of the angle of the vehicle, such that would occur wîth towing, flatbedding or jacking up the vehicle.
• An available shock sensor intended to reduce content theft and push away theft by sounding the alarm when the vehicle is 'shocked' such as breaking the glass.
• A new wheel lock system is available to help prevent the theft of Escalade's wheels and tires.
OnStar has the capability to locate stolen vehicles, immobilize them to prevent the thief from restarting the vehicle and slow the stolen vehicle once police are on the scene, which can help prevent high-speed chases.Source - Cadillac
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|2014 CHEVROLET SS PRICED AT $44,470|
|DETROIT – The suggested retail price for the 2014 Chevrolet SS sports sedan is $44,470, including a $995 destination charge, Chevrolet announced today. Title and license fees are extra. The SS goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2013. The U.S.-exclusive SS – Chevrolet's first rear-drive performance sedan since 1996 – comes well-equipped in only one model, with a power-operated sunroof ($900) and full-size spare tire ($500) as the only options. 'The all-new SS is engineered for per...[Read more...]|
|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
|The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology t...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|2012 Cadillac models|
|Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan|
|Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon|
|Cadillac CTS-V Coupe|
|Cadillac Escalade Hybrid|
|Cadillac Escalade Premium Collection|
|Cadillac SRX||2012 Cadillac Concepts|
|Cadillac Ciel Concept|
|Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan|| :|
|Cadillac CTS-V Coupe||($63,215-63,215)|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8|| :|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2012|
|Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster|
|Audi A6 Hybrid Concept|
|Audi A8 L Security|
|Audi R8 GRAND-AM|
|Audi R8 LMS ultra|
|Other models by Cadillac|
60 / Sixty
Series 70 and 80
|2011 Escalade||2013 Escalade|