|Rita Hayworth's Rare 1953 Cadillac to Appear at Pinehurst Concours|
|VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (Feb. 24, 2015) – A rare Cadillac once owned by 1940s Silver Screen starlet Rita Hayworth will be one of several iconic automobiles of note displayed for patrons attending the 2015 Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance on Saturday, May 2 at Pinehurst Resort.
The 1953 Cadillac coupe Series 62 with bodywork by Ghia is one of only two ever made -- and has a star-studded history. The world's wealthiest man at the time -- Prince Aly Khan -- gave this Cadillac with Ghia co...[Read more...]|
|OLSBERGS MSE FORD WINS FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS' TITLE|
|• Team caps championship season with double podium in Argentina|
SAN LUIS, Argentina (November 30, 2014) -- Olsbergs MSE Ford won the FIA World Rallycross Championship teams' title and capped a winning year with a double podium result this weekend at the season-ender in Argentina.
'I am very proud of our accomplishments in the sport of rallycross this season,' said Olsbergs MSE team owner Andreas Eriksson. 'Winning the teams' title in the FIA World Rallycross Championship is a...[Read more...]
|Esteemed Pray Collection To Headline RM's 16Th Annual Amelia Island Sale|
|• RM Auctions announces exceptional estate collection of Malcolm S. Pray Jr. for its 16th annual Amelia Island sale, March 8
• Renowned businessman and philanthropist's collection features no less than 17 automobiles, headlined by a 1937 Delahaye 135 Competition Court Roadster by Figoni et Falaschi that he owned for half a century
• Held in conjunction with the famed Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's well-established single-day sale will feature a roster of more than 80 blue-chip motor c...[Read more...]|
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions Announces Consignment of Ex-Works Ferrari 340/375 MM For Its Concorso D'Eleganza Villa D'Este Auction|
|• Wonderful and historically significant Ferrari 340/375 MM to be offered at RM's exclusive evening sale on the banks of Lake Como, Italy, 25th May
• Chassis 0320AM boasts unsurpassed provenance with Le Mans history and drivers, including world champions Hawthorn, Farina, and Ascari
• Winner of the Pescara 12 Hours, piloted by Hawthorn and Maglioli
• The car established a never broken, record setting pace in the Carrera Panamericana in the hands of Maglioli
• Chassis 0320AM on preview at ...[Read more...]|
|Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Introduces Its First Sport Customs Class|
|One-off Sport Customs designed to turn heads while tooling down Main Street USA will roll onto the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links for the 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on August 19.
This year, for the very first time, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is hosting an entire class dedicated to Sport Customs.
'These are one-of-a-kind cars built in the US, on modified American production chassis with American engines by individuals, designers and craftsmen,' explains auto...[Read more...]|