2012 Subaru BRZ Concept STi news, pictures, and information
'SUBARU BRZ CONCEPT - STI -' to Make World Premiere at Los Angeles Auto ShowFuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced that the world premiere of the 'SÚBARÚ BRZ CONCEPT - STI -' will take place at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November 2011 (Press day: November 16 and 17; Open to the public from November 18 through 27 in the Únited States).
The 'SÚBARÚ BRZ CONCEPT - STI -' is a concept car based on the 'SÚBARÚ BRZ', an all-new rear-wheel drive (RWD) compact sports car developed from an ongoing joint-project between Subaru and Toyota Motor Corporation. Built wîth Subaru's core technology of the Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine, this model has a low center of gravity that realizes a 'Pure Handling Delight' driving experience. Combined wîth motifs of Subaru's iconic performance brand 'STI', the concept car embodies an ultimate handling performance.
About Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, is a leading manufacturer in Japan wîth a long history of technological innovations that dates back to its origin as an aircraft company. While the automotive business is a main business pillar, FHI's Aerospace, Industrial Products and Eco Technologies divisions offer a diverse range of products from general-purpose engines, power generators, and sanitation trucks to small airplanes, crucial components for passenger aircrafts, and wind-powered electricity generating systems. Recognized internationally for its AWD (all-wheel drive) technology and Horizontally-Opposed engines in Subaru, FHI is also spearheading the development of environmentally friendly products and is committed to contributing to global environmental preservation.Source - Subaru
'SUBARU BRZ CONCEPT - STI -' to Debut at Los Angeles Auto ShowFuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today unveiled the world premiere of 'SÚBARÚ BRZ CONCEPT - STI -' at the 2011 Los Angeles International Auto Show. (Press days on November 16 and 17. Open to public from November 18 to 27 in ÚS) The 'SÚBARÚ BRZ CONCEPT - STI -' is a concept car based on the 'SÚBARÚ BRZ', an all-new rear-wheel drive (RWD) compact sports car developed from an ongoing joint-project between Subaru and Toyota Motor Corporation. By making full use of the Horizontally-Opposed Boxer, Subaru's core technology, this concept car further pursued a 'Pure Handling Delight' driving experience that can be realized by the Boxer engine's low center of gravity. Combined wîth motifs of Subaru's iconic performance brand 'STI', the concept car embodies an ultimate handling performance and symbolizes the possibilities the SÚBARÚ BRZ holds for the future.
• By installing the Boxer engine as low as possible, the low hood and sleek roofline together compose a sophisticated form. This is also blended wîth STI performance touches for a Subaru sporting profile.
• A hexagonal lower front grille, hawk eye headlights and fin-shaped fog lamps make the front face instantly recognizable as Subaru.
• STI-made lower front spoiler and rear wing magnify down-force and aerodynamics performance. They allow stable straight driving and excellent handling at high speeds.
• The rear design wîth bold rear fender flares, large rear-diffuser, and twin dual tailpipes intensifies the STI performance feel.
• A carbon-fiber roof, already installed in a WRX STI model and highly acclaimed, has been employed by the concept car. With it, extra weight reduction and an even lower center of gravity were achieved, contributing considerably to the ultimate handling performance this concept model aims to offer.
• The lively exterior color 'WR Blue Pearl II' is a new generation of the iconic WR blue paint scheme that emphasizes the racing image.
Engine• The Boxer engine has inherent qualities of light weight, compactness, low center of gravity, and high rigidity – all pointing toward its great potential as a sports car engine. Taking full advantage of these features, a 2.0-liter horizontally-opposed four-cylinder direct fuel-injection gasoline engine has been developed exclusively for BRZ.
• The engine has been designed wîth a square bore and stroke of 86 X 86 mm. Combined wîth Toyota's D-4S direct injection technology (fuel injection system), high output and high environmental standards were both attained, both expected of a new generation sports car.
Chassis and Body
• Compared wîth other Subaru models, the engine in SÚBARÚ BRZ CONCEPT - STI - sits an impressive 120 mm lower and is positioned 240 mm closer to the center of the chassis. As a result, this car has achieved one of the lowest possible center of gravity in cars on the market today.
• By incorporating lightweight parts such as a carbon-fiber roof, the overall weight has been reduced. Subaru has also succeeded in attaining a body structure that is both lightweight and highly rigid in a striking balance. The concept car is the embodiment of pure driving enjoyment only obtainable wîth a 'Boxer sports car'.
• Its unique handling performance has been remarkably refined by adopting STI's lightweight 18-inch alloy wheels wîth performance tires and STI tuned suspension wîth excellent lateral stiffness.
• Brembo brakes enhance braking performance.Source - Subaru
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|CHEVROLET CRUZE DIESEL 46 MPG SETS HIGHWAY FUEL ECONOMY BENCHMARK|
|• Best Highway Fuel Economy of Any Non-Hybrid Passenger Car in America|
• Can travel 700 highway miles on single tank
DETROIT – The new 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel, delivers an industry best EPA-estimated 46 MPG on the highway – better than any non-hybrid passenger car in America. It will be available in certain cities this spring and nationwide and in Canada in early fall. Equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission, the latest addition to the Cruze powertra...[Read more...]
|MINI AT THE 83RD GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW 2013|
|The passion for extreme driving fun, a richly varied model range and the wide selection of personalization options for which MINI is renowned form the centerpiece of the British premium brand's stand at the 2013 Geneva International Motor Show. As part of its ongoing model push, MINI is introducing further additions to its portfolio of attractive design models. Indeed, this year's Geneva Show will host the world premiere of the MINI Clubman Bond Street. Generously equipped and with a searching e...[Read more...]|
|SUBARU BRZ'S 'FA20' BOXER ENGINE NAMED TO WARD'S '10 BEST ENGINES' OF 2013|
|Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced that Ward's AutoWorld, a monthly automotive industry magazine for professionals worldwide, has named Subaru's 'FA20' 2.0-liter 4-cylinder horizontally-opposed Boxer engine of the Subaru BRZ sports coupe a winner of its 2013 Ward's '10 Best Engines' award. This is the 3rd win of Ward's prestigious '10 Best Engines' accolade for Subaru, its first being the 2004 award and second being the 2010 award both with the Sub...[Read more...]|
|Powertrain Innovation Comes Standard on 2013 Regal|
|The 2013 Buick Regal luxury sport sedan arrives at dealerships this fall with a standard advanced eAssist powertrain and 36 highway mpg. Two powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engines give Regal one of the most technologically advanced engine ranges in the brand's history. 'With eAssist, Buick is redefining what a 'conventional powertrain' means to customers,' said eAssist global chief engineer Stephen Poulos. 'It changes the fuel economy – but not the experience – for the 97 percent of new...[Read more...]|
|2012 Subaru BRZ|
|Other models by Subaru|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2011 LA Auto Show|
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.