Chrysler Group LLC Introduces Chrysler 200 Super S by Mopar
• 2012 Chrysler 200 sedan modified using Mopar parts and accessories
• Stage One appearance package amplifies refined styling of Chrysler 200
• Stage Two amplifies performance wîth coil-over suspension, cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust
• Mopar package will be available on Chrysler 200S sedans in 2012 January 2, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Chrysler Group LLC's Mopar brand set its sights on the 2012 Chrysler 200. The Chrysler 200 Super S by Mopar is a rolling showcase for the latest Mopar exterior parts that will be available for the 200 sedan in 2012. The Chrysler 200 Super S by Mopar will debut at the 2012 North American International Auto Show.
'The Super S is Mopar's interpretation of the Chrysler 200,' said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. 'The extensive list of high-quality Mopar parts enhances the performance and appearance of our Chrysler 200.'
| ||Vital Stats|
For Stage One, Mopar's long list of modifications starts at the front of the car wîth a large chin spoiler, satin chrome fog light trim, satin chrome grille surround and mesh in the upper and lower grilles. The upper grille is gloss black wîth a recessed Chrysler wing badge.
Body sides feature new side sills, satin chrome belt molding, black chrome '200' badges and gray or hyper black 18-inch 'S' alloy wheels.
From the rear view, the new look is capped off by a new trunk lid spoiler, satin chrome light bar and a matte black lower diffuser wîth attached exhaust openings.
Stage Two adds performance wîth a coil-over suspension, which also lowers the center of gravity for the vehicle. In addition, Stage Two includes a cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust.
This Mopar package on the Chrysler 200 Super S will be available on Chrysler 200S later in 2012. Mopar's Chrysler 200 Super S will be one many Mopar-modified vehicles that will debut during the 2012 auto show season. About Chrysler 200
The 2012 Chrysler 200 sedan delivers exceptional value without compromise. With a sophisticated design, high-quality craftsmanship, technology that keeps passengers entertained and connected, the peace of mind having every available safety feature as standard equipment and a choice of powertrains that offer excellent fuel economy and exceptional power, drivers and passengers will not only enjoy the drive, but look forward to it. The 2012 Chrysler 200 is an exciting alternative for customers that want style and substance, all at a surprising value.
The 2012 Chrysler 200 provides drivers an agile, confident, handling performance in all driving situations, whether it's commuting to work, a weekend adventure on twisty roads or going out wîth family and friends.
The 2012 Chrysler 200 is offered wîth the proven 2.4-liter World Gas Engine and is available mated to a four-speed or six-speed automatic transmission, for an exceptionally fun and fuel-efficient driving experience. The 2.4-liter I-4 engine produces 173 horsepower (129 kW) and 166 lb.-ft. (225 N•m) of torque and has an EPA estimated fuel economy rating of 21 miles per gallon (mpg) city and 30 mpg highway mated to the four-speed automatic transmission and 20 mpg city and 31 mpg highway when mated to the six-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
The available 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, one of Ward's '10 Best Engines', provides an even more exhilarating driving experience that offers customers the best of both worlds – exceptional V-6 horsepower and fuel economy. The new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine is mated to the 62TE six-speed automatic transmission and produces 283 horsepower (211 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. (353 Nm) of torque. It has an EPA estimated fuel economy rating of 19 mpg city and 29 mpg highway.
The 2012 Chrysler 200 sedan is available in four different configurations in the Únited States. The Chrysler 200 LX, 200 Touring, 200 Limited and 200S models are packed wîth style, innovative features and a dynamic driving experience, at an excellent value. Mopar-First Features
Mopar has introduced numerous -first features including:
• Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication wîth consumers
• Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
• Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
• Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market wîth a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
• 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
• Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
• WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined wîth Fiat S.p.A., Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories which are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered wîth the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A.vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at http://www.mopar.com.75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth 'package cars' equipped wîth special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of 'special parts' for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.Source - Chrysler