Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept To Be Revealed At 2012 Geneva Motor Show
Land Rover will unveil a Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. The Evoque Convertible Concept vehicle will explore the potential for the world's first premium convertible SÚV.
This bold concept builds on the global success of the Evoque and continues Land Rover's tradition for creating and leading new market §egmènts. The concept is being shown to gauge reaction and to assess the potential for what could be another white space product from the world's leading SÚV brand.
The concept has been developed by Land Rover Design Director, Gerry McGovern and his team. Commenting on the concept, McGovern said: 'The Evoque lends itself beautifully to the idea of a convertible. This study is not a traditional convertible design execution - instead we have worked wîth the balance of the Evoque's lines to retain its distinctive shape and create something that is unique and, we believe, highly desirable.'
The soft-top convertible concept is based on the Range Rover Evoque Coupe. It features a fully retractable premium roof system wîth a Roll Over Protection System ROPS. The concept cleverly combines capability and versatility wîth a drop down tailgate and a comfortable four seat package. The vehicle has been developed wîth Land Rover DNA at its heart, retaining key characteristics including a command driving position and all-terrain capability.
The Evoque's dramatic rising waist line and distinctive shape has been retained and the new convertible body style has been achieved wîth minimal changes to weight and torsional rigidity. The hood is housed in a neat tapered finisher wîth the roof mechanism stowed discretely below the belt-line.
| ||Vital Stats|
Inside, the concept is packed wîth Evoque's award winning technology including Terrain Response, surround cameras, Park Assist and class leading infotainment featuring an 8-inch dual view touch screen and a sound system from British audio experts, Meridian. The Evoque Convertible Concept features unique 21-inch Titan silver wheels and is finished in a new metallic Causeway Grey paint. The interior is in Lunar and Ivory wîth leather seats featuring sporty perforated panels and Ivory contrast stitching.
The Range Rover Evoque has been on sale for six months and is widely recognised as an international success wîth strong sales performances in 170 global markets, and achieving excellent customer satisfaction and class-leading residual values. The Evoque has been launched to worldwide media acclaim and to date has been honoured wîth over 90 international awards.
John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director said: 'The Evoque Convertible Concept is a new twist to the Evoque story and explores the potential to further extend the nameplate's appeal by giving existing customers more choice, whilst at the same time reaching out to a completely new customer base. We are excited to see the response to this concept as we assess the potential for building on the Evoque's exceptional success so far.'
The Evoque Convertible Concept will be revealed at Geneva as a design and engineering study. There are no production plans confirmed.Source - Land Rover
|ALL-NEW GOLF ALLTRACK AND NEW BEETLE MODELS HEAD THE CHANGES|
|Volkswagen also simplifies model lineups to put the emphasis on value
• Golf Alltrack adds all-wheel-drive ability and rugged off-road looks to the fun-to-drive and practical Golf SportWagen
• Golf SportWagen receives 4Motion® all-wheel-drive option
• Beetle range complemented by Dune Convertible, revised Classic models, and limited edition #PinkBeetle
• Driver assistance features added to lower priced trimlines in many model lineups
• Tiguan lineup simplified to value-laden Wol...[Read more...]|
|2017 JAGUAR XE DEBUTS IN LOS ANGELES WITH AWD AND APPLE WATCH CONNECTIVITY|
|- Award-winning Jaguar XE sports sedan to arrive in U.S. Jaguar showrooms Spring 2016
- Lineup to include Jaguar XE 20d, 25t and 35t models selectively available in XE, XE Premium, XE Prestige and XE R-Sport trims
- All models offered in rear-wheel drive with the option of all-wheel drive available on 20d and 35t models
- XE 35t will feature a 340hp supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine with a 0-60 mph time of 5.1 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 120 mph1
- XE 20d will feature a...[Read more...]|
|MODEL YEAR 2016: INFOTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY AND DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES HEAD THE CHANGES|
|• Volkswagen will also add a new Jetta GLI and a new entry-level e-Golf trim
• Majority of models receive the new MIB II infotainment system with USB and VW Car-Net® App-Connect, which integrates Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ , and MirrorLink®
• CC, Golf family and Jetta models receive new driver assistance features, including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist)
• Beetle and Jetta models add the Automatic Post-Collision ...[Read more...]|
|Fresh power for an established winner – the new Audi A6 and A6 Avant|
|• Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg: 'The Audi A6* represents innovative technology and Audi's premium claim' |
• New engines make the A6 family even more efficient and powerful
• New infotainment and assistance systems set standards
The winner in the business class has just gotten better – Audi has thoroughly updated the A6 family. New engines, transmissions and headlights, plus a new infotainment system make the Sedan and Avant more efficient, more powerful, more attractive...[Read more...]
|LAND ROVER AT THE 2014 TORONTO AUTO SHOW|
|(MISSISSAUGA, ON) - February 13, 2014 - Land Rover will showcase its 2014 model year lineup at the 2014 Toronto Auto Show held February 14 to 23, 2014. The Range Rover Long-Wheelbase and the Range Rover Long-Wheelbase Autobiography edition will both be on display.
The 2014 model year continues the most dynamic product development and introduction period in the brand's history. An all-new Range Rover Sport is introduced, based on the all-new aluminum-intensive Range Rover that debuted f...[Read more...]|