|GM DESIGN'S TOM PETERS EARNS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD|
|PASADENA, Calif. – In addition to more than 30 years of designing some of General Motors' most memorable vehicles, Tom Peters led the exterior studio teams that produced two of GM's most important product introductions this year – the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray and 2014 Chevrolet Silverado full-size pickup.
On Sunday, Peters received a lifetime achievement award for his work from his alma mater, Art Center College of Design, which has been at the forefront of art and design educ...[Read more...]|
|DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR'S 1941 CADILLAC TO BE AUCTIONED IN NEW YORK CITY|
|• RM Auctions and Sotheby's offer one-of-one Cadillac custom built for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, without reserve, November 21, in New York City
• Delivered to the royal couple at the Waldorf, the Cadillac — long thought to be destroyed —has been missing from the public eye since 1952
• Known affectionately as 'The Duchess,' this bespoke limousine is an important piece of automotive and society history
• Full sale details now available online at www.rmauctions.com
NEW YORK...[Read more...]|
|MECUM TOPS $18.6 MILLION IN CHICAGO|
|Walworth, WI - October 15, 2013 -- The windy city welcomed Mecum Auctions with an exceptional sale and enormous crowds at the Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill., this past weekend. With 965 cars crossing the block throughout the three-day event, 615 hammered sold for a 64 percent sell-through rate and $18,634,223 in sales. The one-of-a-kind personal driver of Corvette's original designer Harley J. Earl led auction sales with a hammer price of $1.5 million.
Chicagoland was...[Read more...]|
|1953 FERRARI 375 MM SPIDER LEADS LATEST HIGHLIGHTS FOR RM'S MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR MONTEREY SALE|
|• RM Auctions secures a championship-winning 1953 Ferrari 375 MM Spider competition car for its flagship Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17, after single ownership for 45 years
• Also announced are a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, a 1958 Lister-Jaguar 'Knobbly' Prototype, and a 1960 Aston Martin DB4GT
• Sale held during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week features no less than 25 automobiles estimated to fetch in excess of $1,000,000 each
• Complete list of en...[Read more...]|
|BUICK TURNS 110: M18 HELLCAT REMEMBERED ON V-E DAY|
|'Hot rod of World War II' a key piece of 'Arsenal of Democracy'
DETROIT – Buick production lines have been rolling for 110 consecutive years but for a short period during World War II, the vehicles produced looked decidedly different. In February of 1942, the last civilian car left a Buick facility before full attention was placed on engineering and producing aircraft engines, ammunition and the M18 tank destroyer, better known as the Hellcat.
The M18 originated in the design studio...[Read more...]|